[Social] I can be Terse

MedeaMoirae

[Social] I can be Terse

Post by MedeaMoirae » Wed May 01, 2013 5:03 pm

The last couple of days had been obscenely long for Naoko. She'd hardly slept, her mind constantly on this work, on the hunt. Head Hunter Division had received information concerning a missing ninja from Kirigakure No Sato by the name of Yoshikuni Soujiro. He was a user of the Acid Mist style that had been rejected by a previous Mizukage for his use of the style and had fled the village.

This was Naoko's first mission with the Head Hunter Division, and while she was glad to finally have a mission with them, she was silently hoping this guy came back with them quietly. She had to admit, when she and Shiv had been picked for this mission she had found it unnerving. The two were on a squad with the Head Hunter Division now, but they were also romantically involved. She hadn't said anything to their Commander, and didn't plan to, but she wasn't sure if Shiv had or hadn't said anything to him yet either.

Romantic involvement no doubt would eventually bring complication. Naoko just hoped that wouldn't involve the loss of either of their lives. She'd lost too much lately, she couldn't lose Shiv too.

And so as they walked, Naoko walked in complete silence. She paused only when the trees they were walking through came to an end. She leaned against the truck and glanced out into the clearing, spying two figures. "Think that's him?" she asked Shiv. As she spoke, she reached into the holster on her right leg and drew out a small vial, carefully dipping each needle of both of her gloves in the poison known as Nemuri. With luck maybe this would be all she needed to put an end to this quickly.
CharactersShow
Masami Ren16ChuninKirigakure No SatoAiri , KazukiThe Blood Ritual
Shoshiki Hikari16GeninIwagakure No SatoN/ASplintered Glass
Hyuuga Ami19JouninKonohagakure No SatoN/AN/A
Kouseki Hitomi20JouninSunagakure No SatoN/AN/A
Satomi Mio18D Rank SamuraiFrost CountryN/AN/A

Flankingfox

[Social] I can be Terse

Post by Flankingfox » Thu May 02, 2013 7:42 am

The mission came down from HHD, it was pretty straight forward and simple to say the least. The task did have the potential of becoming dangerous but considering the details it didn't seem to be that dangerous if the two of them played their cards right.

Shiv and Naoko were sent out to accomplish one of two things; to either convince or recover a missing ninja. There was enough wiggle room to accomplish either of the objectives but as a note convincing the man to come back to Kirigakure had higher priority. Even to the extent of allowing the man back into the standard forces of Kirigakure ignoring all of the mans crimes. The old self defense case could be easily made in this circumstance.

The previous ban on the renowned acid mist style probably came down from Basuta. The ban was downright retarded, Basuta was an idiot to allow such a thing to ever happen. No wonder Soujiro left. If Shiv were in the same position and the Mizukage was to place a ban on his techniques there would be no other choice but to ditch the village or deal with it and Shiv wasn't one to just sit by while people shat on him per say.

The man they had been hunting for a few days now was known as 'The Demon of the Acid Mist', a pretty arrogant title to say the least. Then again these rogue shinobi probably needed titles like this to deter other criminals from taking advantage or whatever it is they do in their free time.

Shiv found himself comforted when he learned that Naoko was to be his partner for this particular mission. It wasn't a hard mission or anything and he more than just enjoyed being around the woman. This was work though, so there would be no fooling around or anything or the sort. They were here to do a mission.

Luckily they sent Naoko and Shiv, if they were to send old Gamakuma things could get ugly in a matter of seconds. The man wasn't diplomatic at all nor had any intention of ever turning down the possibility of a kill, there was no doubt in Shiv's mind that Gamakuma would have just completed the secondary objective.

Shiv had been moving forward casually when suddenly Naoko's voice broke the silence. His eyes moved past Naoko and scanned outward from within the treeline. Two people? Maybe the man was dealing with other rogue shinobi? This could potentially increase the danger of this task. Shiv then replied, "Well one of them fits the description, tall and lanky with a side of ugly", Shiv laughed slightly in a hushed tone.

"What do you say, should we go and introduce ourselves?", Shiv said it like a question but it was definitely an attempt to make light of the situation.

"Alright cover me, darling." It was then that Shiv moved forward from the treeline heading toward the target. A risky ploy but Shiv didn't have anything to fear, if a battle commenced they were at par with the target at least. They were also here to be diplomatic in a sense anyway, no need to seem like they were stalking the man to kill him.

When Shiv was out of the treeline he looked toward where the two people were and yelled out, "So I take it you're the Demon of the Acid Mist?", There was a hint of sarcasm in his voice that wasn't immediately obvious but Naoko would know instantly just from his tone.

"I'm a tracker from Kirigakure I've been sent to offer you a proposition of sorts... you down to hear it or should we get straight down to the old hack slash kill kill method of conversing?"
, Shiv said calmly while making sure to stop moving forward once he was fully in view. There was no need to look hostile, they were here to converse like humans as a primary objective, killing the man was secondary if things actually came to that.
Active JutsuShow
[Tracking]
D-rank Taijutsu
Prerequisite: 5 Wit
Having dealt with many different types of prey, a hunter with this skill set is able to more easily track a shinobi by simply following clues. They are able to quickly take note of broken trees, foot prints, and any indication of movement, allowing for more accurate tracking.
Characters
Name: Karagata, Shiv
Village: Kirigakure no Sato
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:1 C:1 D:0
Name: Sarutobi, Shin
Village: Konohagakure
Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Name: Karagata, Okami
Name: Tsukino, Jhin
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

Gabriel

[Social] I can be Terse

Post by Gabriel » Tue May 07, 2013 11:38 am

They were patrolling, patrolling the country that Soujiro had been forsaken by, and Soujiro still held loyalty to. Why did he patrol it? Because, he would protect the country regardless of a single mans idea of him, and he would do so even if it meant dying for a village that held no thoughts of him but death. Due to the nature of their patrolling though, Soujiro and Shinra were not surprised when they encountered other Shinobi, however Shinra did not take so well to the insults placed forwards by the man towards his master. Stepping forwards and drawing both his Odachi from his back, Shinra readied himself to charge forwards, only to be stopped by a hand on his shoulder from his master. Speaking, Soujiro shook his head as if to tell his apprentice to stand down.

"Not a name I would have chosen for myself, but apparently the wanton killing of innocents with such a technique has garnered me such a name. Regardless, that is neither here nor there, you say you have a proposition for me? Then speak it, your village forsook me once and if your intentions here are not virtuous, I will kill you and your companion."

This last was of course a simple guess, he did not believe that Kirigakure would've sent a lone man after him, no matter how powerful that singular man was, it would've been considered just too dangerous without them knowing the exact nature of Soujiro's own powers beyond the Acid Mist, and he didn't believe they would send an entire team of people, especially if they were from an elite division. No, Kirigakure was not one to waste resources, they would send two people, both strong in what they do, and both knowing as much about him as possible.

Meanwhile, Shinra was looking around, he had heard what his master had said and was on the look out for more Shinobi, ones that were trying to hide for an ambush, or ones that simply didn't want to be seen. Soujiro may have said a singular companion, but he was known to be wrong and if there were more they may have to flee, for even Soujiro's Acid Mist was not the strongest technique of all.
SpoilerShow
Primary CharacterShow
Yoshikuni, Soujiro
  • Missions
  • Socials
Secondary CharacterShow
Areno, Ki
  • Missions
    • D:
    • C:
  • Socials
Inactive CharactersShow
In memory of the DeadShow
Those Who Have Died
CharacterDate of DeathTopic
Alviran, Leonardo05.22.10Your rights versus my sword. Go
Sandā, Sutōmu06.04.10Lets Do This
Shiroken6.21.11David wuz here
ClickyShow
[/center]

If any issues are spotted within my posts I will be happy to change them accordingly.

MedeaMoirae

[Social] I can be Terse

Post by MedeaMoirae » Tue May 07, 2013 11:44 am

Naoko kept her back to the tree and didn't move, even as Soujiro spoke of a companion. She kept herself from completely revealing herself, but silently hoped Shiv wasn't stupid enough to react to what was said. If he was bluffing, Shiv could inadvertently give away the one advantage they did have at this point.

She did a couple of hand seals and turned towards the tree, walking straight up the side of it using the basic tree climbing technique and walked out onto one of the thicker limbs. She kept herself hidden in the branches, but gave herself a better view of both Soujiro and Shinra.

She wasn't sure of the companion's strength, but knew her gloves would come in handy. She put the vial of poison away, satisfied that every needle of her gloves were coated in the sleeping poison. Part of her wanted to drop down and grab this companion, take him down first, but so far no violence had ensued, and she didn't want to be the one to start it.
CharactersShow

Flankingfox

[Social] I can be Terse

Post by Flankingfox » Tue May 07, 2013 11:45 pm

Shiv listened to the man before him while watching and analyzing the way he moved. The simple gestures of a man could give away their true feelings. It wasn't always the easiest way of getting tads of information on a target but it was one of the safest and non threatening. When the man mentioned his nickname Shiv went into thought for a moment.

If only that was all it took to get a run of the mill village shinobi noticed... it seems far to easy to earn a reputation outside the village... guess that is why most people do it? Glory, fame, and wealth; those are the things people strive for. They allow one to gain influence... and with influence comes power...

Shiv took a moment before replying slowly, "Virtuous? Is anything ever truly virtuous in this here world..." Shiv paused for a moment taking in what the man before him had just said. Shiv had to bite his lip to stop himself from taking up that challenge. Shiv knew his own strength well, he knew he had it in him to kill the man before him but he was supposed to be diplomatic. A troublesome dilemma to say the least.

Naoko would probably be pissed if I outright started a fight... that wouldn't be good or healthy for me... fucking ehh. I guess I'm going to have to just take that bullshit till I get a legitimate reason to harm this particular target.

In a light hearted tone Shiv started talking, "Good at least you actually talk! I tell ya, there are so many people that just get all grouchy all of a sudden?! I'm like what gives man can't we talk, you know get to know each other a bit before we get down to business... but enough about me, back to you buddy ol pal." Shiv paused ever so slightly before continuing, "Wait, first can you tell that want to be ninja of yours to calm down, I ain't here to fiddle with you or try to poke you where the sun doesn't shine or anything like that..."

Shiv chuckled to himself for a second before adding, "I'm kidding, just trying to lighten to mood before we get down to it."

Shiv slowly moved his hand to his molle gear, making sure to clearly show what he wasn't grabbing anything for sake of fighting and the like. In some circumstances grabbing for an item was all that was needed to set off a situation. Shiv lifted his hand now, in it was a piece of paper...

"Basically this right here is a get out of jail free card, well not exactly but sort of like that. It is a pardon for any and all crimes you have commited against the state since becoming a rogue or whatever you like to call yourself..." Shiv allowed a moment for his words to sink in before moving on, "All you have to do for this here pardon is come back and pledge yourself to the state again..."

Shiv didn't actually know if the man before him would accept these terms but he was required to be diplomatic before moving to to the secondary objective. That is if the primary objective couldn't be completed.

"Ohh, if you want to know how all this came about then I can also assist you... somebody, I don't know who exactly... was reviewing your profile and all of the sudden saw some discrepancy about the previous kage placing a ban on learning acidic mist? A stupid decision to say the least. So some of the more generous higher ups thought it'd be nice if we send somebody out to see if you want back into the village for old times sake."
Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow
"Having been trained to follow orders and accomplish any task given to him, Shiv has become a desensitized killer with an elitist attitude, being utterly rude to those that he deems lesser than himself. This can be seen through his interaction with people as he is quite the remorseless and sarcastic individual. His disregard for those around him can be seen through his logic of comparing people to weapons. He is professional, calculating, and ambitious by nature, with his professional side only being shown when dealing with those that he deems worthy of his respect."

Gabriel

[Social] I can be Terse

Post by Gabriel » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:33 am

Blinking, Soujiro listened to the man, and then watched as he held up a piece of paper, explaining what was on it Soujiro frowned. Was this it? Was this all that he had been waiting for? The cessation of his tenure as a Nukenin? Was it all too easy? No, not really, it had been many years since he had left the village, and his strength had increased as had his infamy. He had trained an apprentice, learning valuable teaching skills in the process, and had strengthened himself in many ways.

The question was, was the man telling the truth? Was Soujiro really going to be let into the village? Or was it all lies, lies designed to capture him and eliminate him? No, he didn't think so, if the village had truly wanted him dead they would've sent more than they had sent, more powerful Shinobi who could've eliminated Soujiro's acid mist. Which meant this must be real...which left one final question.

"If I am to come to the village...what is to become of my apprentice? He does not belong in Kirigakure, and he is wanted by Iwa for his crimes against them."

It was only semi-concern that brought Soujiro to ask this question, in reality he cared naught, his entire life had been for the village, and now he would be going back, he wouldn't let anyone stand in his way, not even Shinra a boy he had taken in and raised to what he was now.
SpoilerShow
Primary CharacterShow
Yoshikuni, Soujiro
  • Missions
  • Socials
Secondary CharacterShow
Areno, Ki
  • Missions
    • D:
    • C:
  • Socials
Inactive CharactersShow
Those Who Have Died
ClickyShow
[/center]

If any issues are spotted within my posts I will be happy to change them accordingly.

MedeaMoirae

[Social] I can be Terse

Post by MedeaMoirae » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:41 am

"That will be determined by the Village Council."

Naoko's voice came from her place in the tree not too far from the pair. She dropped from the branch, landing on the ground almost lightly. She flexed her fingers as she eyed both Soujiro and Shinra in turn, careful not to nick herself with her own needles. The poison would be needed if this Shinra reacted poorly and as such Naoko took a few steps sideways to stay in line with Shinra, instead of Soujiro himself.

Soujiro seemed agreeable so far, but the question to her was whether or not Shinra would be a threat, and so she addressed her next question to him. "What say you concerning the offer presented to your Sensei?" she asked him.

Silently she knew this boy would face a hardship if Soujiro accepted. He would be captured by Kiri, he would be interrogated, and likely turned over to Iwa when it was over. Their only orders concerning him was to try and bring him back as well, dead or alive didn't really matter. Soujiro was the one with the real offer, and a real chance, here.
CharactersShow

Flankingfox

[Social] I can be Terse

Post by Flankingfox » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Shiv stood silently listening to what the man before him had to say about the offer. When the man was done Shiv internally sighed. It was pretty obvious that they didn't want the boy, he was nothing special, one would even go so far as to say the boy was expendable. Hopefully the man didn't have any feelings for this kid or things wouldn't work out. Kirigakure was obligated by their alliance with Iwagakure to return any Iwagakure missing ninja. Soujiro should know that already though from his time with the village. Before Shiv could answer Naoko came out from her position and gave a decent enough answer. At least her answer was ambiguous, it would help keep the kid calm at the very least. False hope..

Naoko must be comfortable enough with the situation now. To be honest between the two of us the man before us isn't too much of a threat. From the intel we received from head quarters the man was mostly only a threat because of this acid mist technique he created. Potentially a one trick pony? If the man comes back to the village, I can test his potential in a non deadly way...

Shiv turned his attention to the question asked by Naoko, was she trying to calm the boy down? What did she hope to accomplish with a question like that? Shiv didn't particularly like lying to people, he would have just told the boy straight up that he was most definitely going back to Iwagakure no Sato.

Characters
Shiv PersonalityShow

Gabriel

[Social] I can be Terse

Post by Gabriel » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Soujiro watched as Shinra looked at him, then responded to the question proposed by the woman who dropped from the trees.

"I will do what is necessary and follow my ma-"

Of course, there was more to what he had to say, but he didn't get it out before Soujiro had struck him in such a way that he was rendered unconscious. It was peculiar really, Soujiro had never tried it before, yet by some chance he was able to get it exactly right, maybe it was the fact that he didn't wish to ruin his chances at returning to the village, maybe it was because he really had no mercy, but regardless Shinra fell to his knees, and then to the ground. Kneeling down beside him, Soujiro quickly and swiftly disarmed him, removing the Odachi and their sheaths and in turn strapping them to his own back, removing the pouches of various weapons and strapping them to his own legs, and then he stood and looked at the two Shinobi before him.

"Take him, if it will allow me to rejoin my village then I will gladly sacrifice him to his former village. I accept the proposal of the council, and I will return with you peacefully."

And with that he waited, silent and patient for their journey to begin.
SpoilerShow
Primary CharacterShow
Yoshikuni, Soujiro
  • Missions
  • Socials
Secondary CharacterShow
Areno, Ki
  • Missions
    • D:
    • C:
  • Socials
Inactive CharactersShow
Those Who Have Died
ClickyShow
[/center]

MedeaMoirae

[Social] I can be Terse

Post by MedeaMoirae » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:40 pm

Naoko blinked rapidly when Soujiro knocked out his student and disarmed him, turning and giving Shiv a somewhat puzzled look before she shrugged. She walked over and knelt beside Shinra, lifting him and carrying him over a shoulder before she looked back at Soujiro. "Follow us then." she said simply glancing at Shiv and giving him a nod before leaping into the trees with Shinra over her shoulder.

When they had set out she had truly expected this mission to be much more complicated than this. But it had been quite simple after all, all that was left was to turn these over to the council where Sourjiro would likely have an audience with them to go over the terms of his return, as well as Shinra being interrogated before being returned to Iwa.

((Fin!))
CharactersShow

Return to “Water Country”