[Companion Mission] Low on the Totem Pole

Mino

Post by Mino » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:25 pm

The country of Water came by it's name honestly. Rain drenched it entire- the kind of rain that poets likened to despair- the kind of rain that made fishermen fear the water, that made denizens of the lakes and seas bold, that spoke to an aqua blue paradise- where all the world was enveloped in purity- where the hierarchy of beings did not include those who could dwell upon dry land.. for dryness was a concept foreign to the world.

In short: it rained. Hard.

Lightening flickered like the tongue of a snake to and fro- like the eyes of a madman watching flies buzz over a sea of the dead. Creating great spiderwebs of energy across the skies the flashes blotting out (momentarily) even the waxen light of the moon. Something that young Tsukiko could not entirely abide. As she watched the storm the creature of Mizuki could feel the conflict within it- briefly it felt like mother, shouting thunder in the darkness for a lost child- or perhaps lamenting its losses for lifetimes unlived. Whatever it was it touched something in her- this storm wasn't going to end, it wasn't natural, and something had to be done before it intensified.
ooc notesShow
Visibility is terrible, and the lightening is so bad that wearing metal isn't advisable in the open. Ships at sea have 20 posts before they start getting destroyed, if you can quiet the storm before then, Kiri's defenses will not be harmed.
SpoilerShow
Awai Minoru Chunin of the Leaf. Holder of nothing.

Mentor to no one.

[color=#FFD69B]

Yamai, Toshiro Genin of the Mist

[color=skyblue]

Sia
User flair: I am made to protect and destroy.

Post by Sia » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:18 am

oocShow
oh my god i didnt even know youd already taken the mission or id have posted long ago.
Rain. Endless rain. Sure, she lived in Water Country and sure the Mist Village at that...but this amount of rain seemed...unnatural. There was just something about it. Perhaps Tsukiko's keen sense into the supernatural, even in this world that was fueled by chakra. Her connection to spirits was uncanny and likely unrivaled throughout all of Kirigakure. Something just wasn't right here. To Tsukiko, the most obvious thing was the lightning. Sure, parts of it seemed natural enough but other times the formations simply didn't seem real. It was as though an artist had taken white ink and blotted it across the night sky. It was too abstract.

Her first thoughts were that someone had angered the gods and while that could very well be the case, she also thought of the residential spirits that she knew to linger around the miscellaneous islands inhabiting Water Country. Perhaps one of them had been kidnapped, or killed. Such a thing would throw off the balance of the area and cause such potentially catastrophic events, that much was certain.

As it was, Tsukiko found herself on a boat, determined to find the source of the problem. Someone or something was causing this chaotic storm and it was only getting worse with each passing moment. The rain poured down terribly hard and the crew of the ship was more on edge than she'd ever seen. She'd worked with them before on several occasions by now. She recalled their first trip together to a tower of the Lunar Goddess. They were skeptical about the trip, especially when some strange chakra-fueled forms began to try and take over the ship... But Tsukiko had protected them from that and later paid them rather well. They would do whatever she asked, her pay rate was just too good.

So the first destination was a known home to spirits. Particularly, these were associated with suiton and raiton.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Return to “Water Country”