[Graded][Plot Board] Picking up the Bait

Red X

Post by Red X » Sat May 20, 2017 6:57 pm

The town of Nerima was a farming town with a country feel to it, a stark contrast to the busy city life in Kirigakure. Houses were scattered across the island for miles around, fields full of crops that would soon come time to harvest. The town really began and ended at the port off the eastern side of the island. It was there that you could find all the merchants, their shops seat up close to the boats, peddling their wares. It was also the assigned start point for their mission.

Koji stood against a wooden post his eyes turned towards the road waiting for their charges to arrive. A group of fishermen on a day out, nothing major. The Island was still patrolled, although not as often as the others, as the population was small and consisted mostly of farmers. At most they would kill a bore, at worst be bored out of their minds, 'But we have to start somewhere, right Dad?'

He glanced back at the boat they were going to take, the Gullbladder, a horrible name for a surprisingly clean and maintained transport ship. It was mostly for the inhabitants of the island to come and trade their crops for otherworldly livings. It's bright orange coat standing out against the sapphire waves.

The pre-teen glanced at his new partner, the Bandaged Toukai with a single yellow eye. He wondered if he was feeling nervous, it was his first mission after all. Koji's first mission had derailed dramatically and suffered defeat at the hands a trio of bullies. So, as far as missions bomb that was pretty big.

"How you feeling Kaisa, not too anxious I hope? Probably won't see much action, and I'll bet these fishermen just blab on about stories completely meaningless to us." He paused, not wanting to sound like some unappreciative punk,"Least we'll get to get on the ocean though" An unseasonably warm humid day had greeted them this morning, a good day to feel the water's kiss.

"You remember their names? All the only one that stuck for me was Tatsuki."
Sachio, Sato• Genin • Kirigakure
Deactivated LegendsShow

Taku Hyuuga • Genin • Konoha
Renshu Tenbun • D-rank • Rice country
Koji Minami • Genin • Kirigakure
Special JouninKiri Rozan Nagano
GeninKonohaNakamura, Osa• Missions: • Social:

D-rank Missing NinKumoMimuna, Asuna • Missions: • Social:

D-rank Missing NinSunaHisami, Shiki • Missions: • Social:

GeninKonohaKuro Ogawa• Missions: • Social:

Davak

Post by Davak » Sat May 20, 2017 9:30 pm

The last couple of days had been pretty exciting for the young Toukai, he was already blown away to finally get the chance to go on a mission, and hearing that his partner would be his new found friend Koji made it that much better. He clearly remembered how proud father had been when he told him the news, to celebrate the two had gone out for dinner inside the Toukai cmpound. It ended up being a great night, and due to his father's bragging about his son to anyone he could, a few of the other grown-ups congratulated him and wished him well, and a successful first kill. Considering the parameters of the D-Ranked Mission that was pretty unlikely though.

Then came the day of the trip, Kaisa had been outside of Kiri before but never by himself and never as an active shinobi, he had been overly excited along the way. Bandaged from head to toe with his Kiri headband mounted on his forehead he also finally got the chance to wear his hooded battle jacket, it was made of thick black material sported multiple large pockets and was sleeveless revealing his bandaged arms. Not only did it store all his ninja tools but it was also a great protective mesure. His two saw Tantos and a pouch with a few more necessary tools was strapped onto his belt. Lastly, he sported his black long pants, they were pretty baggy but tied up around his ankles and thus allowed for excellent freedom of movement. To finish up a pair of battle sandals covered his feet. Kaisa was well prepared, or so he thought, he had spent all evening packing and preparing.

The two boys were now waiting around in the port town of Nerima, Kaisa liked it here, it was remote and smelt of fresh sea water. He was busy trying to avoid the eyes of any curious onlookers, his attire was attracting unwanted attention again, but he snapped out of it when Koji asked about him.

Awkwardly laughing it off as he scratched the back of his head he answered ``Hahaha... a little´´ when the other Genin mentioned the ocean, Kaisa added ``yeah and the boat looks pretty nice´´ he had to think a little at Koji's second question. I'll be damned, Father told me to memorize the Mission description but I can't remember a name for the best of me. Disappointed in himself he mumbled a short ``no´´ accompanied by a long sigh before continuing ``Sorry but yeah I think Tatsuki sounds right´´

Red X

Post by Red X » Sun May 21, 2017 6:29 am

"Well, don't feel bad. I'm sure they'll introduce themselves once they arrive."

Koji couldn't help but grin, at least he wasn't the only one spacing on the names, 'Good thing mom isn't here, she'd make it a point to punish me for forgetting something like that.' He did remember that there were four of them including Tatsuki who they were supposed to guard and that all of them were female which wasn't anything special considering 90% of the population knew how to fish. The boat ride wouldn't take but an hour and from the reports it was another hour and a half walk to get to the cabin.

'It is far enough from a town or anyone should trouble come, guess I can see why they want a couple of ninjas along.' He did recall what Tatsuki was supposed to look like, a 17-year-old girl with dark skin, green eyes, and platinum blond hair. The pre-teen couldn't imagine her entourage being much different than that. Good thing he didn't have to wait much longer.

From down the Road came four teenage girls, each one carrying fishing rods and a random assortment of coolers, tackle boxes, and bags. Near the end walked a girl with dark brown skin and hair so light that Koji honestly couldn't tell if it was blonde or white, "Head's up Kaisa, looks like our clients are here." The boy straightened up and brushed himself off. He was about to take a step forward, but then he hesitated. Was he the leader of this mission, or was it Kaisa?

'He's older, but we're both genin. Maybe I should just hang back, let him take lead and just offer advice.' Koji didn't mind taking a step back on this one, but he was also worried that they dynamic would be stuck as leader subbordinate moving forward. But he didn't want to be like his brother and just take the mantel or start bossing people around. 'Well, we're partners right? Maybe It'll just stay that way.'
Deactivated LegendsShow

Davak

Post by Davak » Sun May 21, 2017 9:26 am

Kaisa was lost in thought after their small conversation, he was trying his hardest to think back to the previous night, he had spent a good hour reading through the mission description. Tss tss it was four girls, but how old where they again? grown ups? Ugh, I should have gone through it more... it's my first mission and I am already failing.

Just than Koji ripped him out of his thoughts as he called out the appearance of their clients, Kaisa immediately stood straight, chest out, feet together. The years of military-like training that every Toukai child underwent was clearly visible now, for a few seconds his mind was clear as he concentrated on only taking orders. But the orders didn't come, then his sight focused on a group of girls maybe a bit older than himself. If he hadn't already been nervous... he now was! God, I should have read that description better. Kaisa was bad when it came to talking to other guys his age, but when it came to girls he was an absolute disaster.

The one that seemed to lead the pack, was a pretty dark skinned girl with incredibly light colored hair. She must have also identified the duo to be their hired ninjas as she headed right their way. The three others stayed behind with the equipment as Tatsuki covered the rest of the distance herself, `` Hiiiiii´´ she cheerfully called out to them. Considering that they were going fishing she was relatively underdressed, a simple white spaghetti strap top and shorts along with sandals. But it was pretty sunny after all, when the mist doesn't cover the sun as it does in Kiri, the days could end up being pretty hot.

``I am Tatsuki, you must be Kaisa and you Koji´´ pointing at them respectively, she scanned over the two boys quickly before she continued `` To be honest we actually wanted to head to the cabin by ourselves but since the death of my father my mom's been kind of a bum about these things... which is why you guys are here´´ She talked a lot, very quickly. Too much, too fast for Kaisas liking. ``So, anything you want to know or any rules you wana set before I introduce you to the rest of the girls?´´

His golden eye shot towards Koji, he begged for him to take control of the conversation but the younger Genin stayed quite, one of them needed to stay something, `` Ahh... my name is Kaisa...´´ his head was spinning, his social weakness was incredibly obvious at this point, hadn't she just said his name?. Out of sheer nervousness, he started fidgeting with the wrappings on the tip of his fingers, ``I ... I ... can do blood Jutsu!´´ he mumbled. Realizing that at this point he must sound like a total maniac, he dropped his head, tucked on Koji's shirt and whispered ``Help´´.

Red X

Post by Red X » Tue May 23, 2017 5:22 am

Koji winced at the reply from Kaisa. Apparently, he was not the social type after all. The pre-teen was moving to intervein before his partner even asked, "What he means is there are a few things we should go over." Koji stood before the four women, before continuing," Once we get on the boat we need to move in pairs at all times. I suggest making it known who your partner is going to be because at all times either myself or Kaisa will be with you. While I don't think there will be a reason for us to separate, if it does happen two will be with myself, and the other two will be with Kaisa."

Koji paused for a bit to make sure they were getting this. The ladies were looking at him but he got the feeling they weren't very interested in what he had to say, "If we're attacked, stay clear but remain in the area. If you run and we can't find you then we won't be able to protect you. Now, how about introductions?"

The girls introduced themselves as Motoko, Naru, and Kimiko. Motoko had long ebony hair, Naru had strawberry colored hair, and Kimiko was a brunet. They all seemed to have taken in most of what the pre-teen said so he didn't comment on their side talk, "Ok, let's get this show on the road, boats waiting for us."

He waited behind with Kaisa to make sure he was ok, "You alright? Not exactly the most cautious of people, but I think they'll at least follow instructions."
Deactivated LegendsShow

Davak

Post by Davak » Tue May 23, 2017 12:35 pm

With a blank look on his one visible eye, he watched as Koji took control of the situation. The group united where the girls had previously dropped their bags, and Koji explained carefully that the four girls should split into two and each duo would be carefully monitored by one of the Genin.

Kaisa was honestly in awe, his partner has a great grip on the situation. The way he coordinated the group and gave commands was pretty impressive. He was almost jealous of his people skills.

What followed was a quick introduction from the side of the girls, the young Toukai observed them closely trying to put each one of them into some sort of social stereotype. Motoko seemed like your basic bookworm, shy and a little timid she kept her introduction short and basically whispered it their way. Still better than anything I could do. She had big glasses and wore a long sleeved green shirt along with shorts and a pair of closed shoes, she was also the shortest in the group. Naru, on the other hand, seemed a lot more outgoing and adventures, she basically yelled her name at them and was also the tallest of the girls. Dressed in a tank top, jeans shorts and boots she had something tomboyish about her. Kimiko was a bit tougher to judge, but she seemed to be one of those very superficial ones, Kaisa had to admit that he would consider her the prettiest one though. She wore a blouse with a little too much cleavage, a tight button-downed skirt with tights and open sandals.

Once everyone was acquainted with each other Koji ordered the group to board the ship. Kaisa actually had to stop himself following the instruction right away, the act of taking orders without question was so deeply drilled in his subconscious that he moved without thinking, but it seemed that Koji wanted to speak to him.

"You alright? Not exactly the most cautious of people, but I think they'll at least follow instructions."
He awkwardly scratched the back of his head as he answered "Yeah I am fine, sorry about earlier. I guess I should have told you that picking up the conversation with you in the park the other day was one of the most difficult things I've done in a while." he faked a chuckle and continued still scratching his head "I´d say when it comes to these kinds of things you should just take over haha man oh man you sure know how to give orders"

They would have to move the rest of their conversation on board the Gullbladder as the captain of the said ship, a middle aged full bearded man by the name of Khan wanted to get things moving. Once the two boys had complied he would set sail and head towards their destination.

Red X

Post by Red X » Thu May 25, 2017 3:48 pm

Koji shrugged at the compliment from his partner, "Mom made us practice talking with clients all the time, its nothing you can't do with practice."

He complied with the captain and took up a spot not far from Tatsuki and Kimiko as they gushed at finally being able to leave their parents behind and just enjoy some time away from the chores of their daily lives. Honestly, they seemed so petty. Not wanting to help with the livestock or harvesting the crops? He could see how it could be boring, but at least they weren't out in the field a hairs breath away from death.

The teen kept his eyes on the horizon, even though they were at sea danger could come at any time. 'I know we've cleared out a lot of the scum, but they always appear again in time.' It was true enough. Water country had lots of islands to hide on and plenty of caves as well, he'd have to be vigilant.

Koji took a deep breath of the salty air and smiled, it was always nice to be back out on the water. He felt some water sprinkle his face and let out a small laugh before turning back to Kaisa, "Weird question, but do those bandages ever get soggy?"
Deactivated LegendsShow

Davak

Post by Davak » Fri May 26, 2017 12:50 am

Having boarded the ship, Kaisa found himself a spot a little behind Koji from where he had a good eye on the group of girls. They had huddled together and began chit-chatting. Nearing the open waters, the sailing ship picked up speed as the ocean's wind kicked in. Kaisa was busy playing with the loose ends of wrappings on his fingertips when Koji suddenly turned around and asked him about the bandages.

He had to grin himself and wordlessly pulled out two rolls of white wrappings from one of the pockets on his chest before he answered "Two 50m rolls, hahaha I am prepared, they are standard medical equipment, so the soak up sweat and blood but it's not advised to go swimming or anything like that"

It seemed that the girls had picked up on their conversation as Kimiko chipped in her opinion "Why do you wear that? It's a pretty weird look, no offense". Shaken by her question the Toukia Genin tried to find words and put them in an order that wouldn't let him seem like a complete idiot. "I have a sickness, so I need it to protect my body" Kimiko and the rest of the girls accepted his lie with an acknowledging nod. Surprised by his ability to make conversation he felt confident enough to ask a question himself.

"Where are you guys planning on fishing?"

Tatsuki was the one to answer "Even though its an island, there's a wonderful little lake on it, it's super deep but cause how remote it is the fish there can grow pretty big. It's a beautiful place to fish". It was obvious that she had some emotional connection to the location. Her father's death? This time it was Kaisa who nodded, he wasn't sure how to continue now, so instead, he called out the captain "How long will it take us?" Without turning back the man shouted back to him "A good hour kiddies sit back and enjoy the weather till then"

Unless Koji would somehow pick up the conversation again Kaisa would continue leaning back against the railing and watch as the hull of ship cut through the never ending waves.

Red X

Post by Red X » Sat May 27, 2017 3:48 pm

'An hour huh?' Koji didn't have much else to go over with his charges, and he really didn't have anything he wanted to talk about either so that left him facing the ocean to keep watch. He did manage to pick up some conversation from the girls, but as he figured it, held no significance to him. So Koji kept his silence for the most part, as the hour drifted by.

[OOC: One hour later]

As the Gallbladder approached the island, Koji scanned the treeline for signs of an ambush while the girls continued to chat excitedly. Once the ship reached the port, he made his way to the captain to go over the schedule, "Captain, I just wanted to make sure that no changes have occurred. Once you've made your delivery to Umi you'll wait for us before setting sail again right?"

Khan spared the boy a glance while his men continued to haul the cargo, "Aye, nothings changed. A small party will remain behind to guard the ship while the rest of us deliver the cargo. We won't leave without you, but don't make us come fetch you."

Koji nodded as he turned to approach the four girls who had just begun to pick up their supplies to head out. Standing next to Kaisa, Koji addressed the group, "Alright we're here. From what you've told us Tatsuki, the cabin shouldn't be more than 45 minutes to an hour from the pier. We'll keep together and make our way there. Its still early so we've got plenty of time, but we need to be back at the ship by dusk. Any questions?"

He waited for any of them to speak up but they simply shook their heads. Turning to his partner with a shrug he spoke up, "Ok, we'll all go together. Let's go."
Deactivated LegendsShow

Davak

Post by Davak » Mon May 29, 2017 9:00 am

Kaisa and Koji stayed silent for the rest of the trip, the young Toukai put effort into thinking of some sort of conversation starter but it was tough. Maybe ask him about his brother? Hmm, not in front of others though it seemed to be a soft spot. Maybe I could ask him about the rest of his family? His mother seemed kind of strict maybe he doesn't want to talk about that either? About his Genjutus, yeah that's it... then again I don't know much about Genjutsu.

Before he was able to come up with something, Koji got up and discussed their time plan with the bearded captain. Kaisa was glad that Koji was the one taking responsibility and keeping the group in check, these things just weren't his streght. I hope he doesn't think I am useless...

Once they had all gotten off the ship his partner gathered the group around and gave everyone a final chance to ask questions. After the girls had grabbed their bags they began moving together, he let Koji take the front of the group while he would walk behind the girls who had paired up just like they had been instructed too. Normally Kojis Genjutsu skills would have been a reason to make him the rearguard but Kaisa was confident that he could use his Kekkai Genkai to cover the distance if they were attacked from the side.

After heading out from the small port they took a narrow dirt road. From the looks of it, hardly anyone traveled these paths, he made sure to look out for footsteps but he didn't notice any. Considering the small size of the island it was pretty lush, the trees were large, and the bushes of a healthy green. Kaisa kept a close eye on things as the group headed deeper into the forest.

Red X

Post by Red X » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:50 pm

So far the small hike was uneventful, just the various calls of birds and insects to along with casual conversation from this charges. Koji was on alert, eyes and ears open for anything that might come their way. He noticed Kaisa was doing the same, even dropping back a bit to protect the group from behind with the two girls who were buddies.

'He knows what to do. Good, makes this easier then.' To be honest Koji was a little skeptical about his partner for this mission. He didn't doubt that the ninja was skilled, their little 'spar' had shown him that he was not without his strengths. But he was still a genin with no missions under his belt, and Koji worried that his nerves would get the best of him. 'Looks like it was for nothing. Maybe not the best with social skills though.'

The dark haired ninja didn't even notice the small on his face as he continued to scout their surroundings. They were closing in on their destination, probably another fifteen minutes or so if his internal clock was right.
Deactivated LegendsShow

Davak

Post by Davak » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:38 pm

They had been wandering the narrow path for a good half an hour or so. The girls had made use of the time by discussing all the things they would do once they got to their destination. Who fought one could be soooo pumped on going fishing? Kaisa, on the other hand, was getting more and more lazy with his observations, the hot and humid weather was getting to him and as inexperienced as he was he began focusing more and more on the stunning fauna and less on a possible ambush.

It was as he admired a beautiful white tulip along the sides of the trail that he noticed an imprint on the ground, a footstep? He focused his sight on the possible lead and even stopped for a second too take a better look but when he realized the group getting a little to much distance on him, he deemed it unimportant and sped up to catch up the four fishers ad his partner.

About 30 meters from where Kaisa had just discovered the footprint, a pair of eyes hidden in the shadows of the trees was observing closely as the 6 pre-teens headed up the path, before disappearing deeper into the jungle.

Withing the next fifteen minutes the group finally made it to the wooden cabin, it was two stories tall had multiple bedrooms and overall would make for a comfortable living. It did look pretty run down though, it seemed that neither Tatsukis family nor anyone else had taken care of the building after her father's demise. Behind it, only a couple footsteps away stretched the lake the island was so famous for. Dark blue in color it hinted at its extreme depths but otherwise gave the scenery a cheerful look as it was surrounded on all sides by lush greenery accompanied by a cloudless sky.

Tatsuki sped up and headed past Koji to reach the large wooden entrance first, pulling out an old rusty key she managed to open to lock after a few attempts and happily announced "We're here guys!"

Return to “Water Country”