[Plotboard] To Kill a Mockingbird

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:47 pm

[Plotboard] Lady in the Evening
Aimi stood looking down the tunnel from which they had come. It had been nearly half an hour since they had knocked out the strange samurai sitting alone further down the tunnel, and they had neither heard no seen from anyone. They were still down in the tunnels, but now in something of a cellar, a room which was still underground but opened up greatly in comparison to the tunnel. There was little in there except for dust and a pair of cellar doors leading out to the world outside. Aimi stood between them and the tunnel, looking down it with his arms crossed. But after so long, he let his arms fall down to his sides and he relaxed some, turning his back on the tunnel and looking back over at Yuri and their captive.

"I think we're in the clear, believe it or not," he said, walking over towards his comrade and looking over at the man bound to the chair. Aimi had carried him over his shoulder as they made their way down the tunnel and Yuri had brought the chair on which he'd sat, and Aimi had bound his wrists and ankles with wire from inside of his butt bag. If he moved, it would dig into his flesh and dig deep the more he struggled. Fortunately for him, he was currently limp and lifeless, still knocked unconscious by the blow Yuri had given him earlier. Looking over at his part time feline companion, he asked, "So, you're sure we need to torture this guy in order to find out what's in the box and other stuff? I mean, I know it was kind of my idea and all, but I don't know. I didn't really get the sense that he was some kind of hardened veteran like the other guards were. Seems like just a kid to me. Think intimidation might work?"

Truth be told, he was asking her because, in all honesty, he didn't have the stomach for torture. Torture, in his eyes, like sneaking around, was dishonest and shameful. What sort of prideful man would physically harm another just to get information out of him after all? He was fairly confident that they could use words if need be, but Yuri might have had other plans. She, unlike the young man that the kunoichi had clocked out, was a hardened ninja, perhaps even more so than he was judging by her scars. He somehow doubted that torture was a stranger to her. Not that he wanted to be the one to tell his fellow Kirigakure ninja that he wasn't a fan of torture of course! He simply would have preferred different avenues of persuasion if she thought they might work.

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:09 pm

Yuri stood there quietly, watching their unconscious target as if evaluating him, when Aimi broke her focus, asking if torture was really necessary. She gave him an odd look, simply because it had never occurred to her that Aimi might not be okay with torture. She meant to make a comment on it, but somehow her mind went straight to that day at the bath house and instead the words that came out of her mouth were, "Right, I forgot how you like your intimidation." But her blue eyes returned to their target before her and she didn't bother trying to backtrack her words or even apologize for them. In her mind neither were necessary, if only because they were on a mission.

"You're welcome to try intimidation, but if it doesn't work, then I get to play." she told him, reaching up and pulling the cloth off her face to reveal her sharpened teeth. Yuri carried no smaller blades, only her swords, and as a result physical torture had limited options coming from her. She had often found her teeth to be the best tools, simply because it doubled as both torture and intimidation, not to mention how creepy many found them to be.

Yuri walked up to the target and lifted his head with two fingers under his chin, tapping him on the cheek before full on spitting on his face to wake him up.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:41 pm

Aimi chose not to respond to Yuri's snarky remark to him. He, like her, didn't think it appropriate to address such matters if only because they were on a mission together and they needed to stay focused on the task at hand. Which, now, was to intimidate and or torture a young samurai for any information they could get out of him. The night was only starting to wane towards growing mature. They had plenty of time, and if his mental map of the manor and the tunnels they'd been traversing was correct, they were far off of the property by now. At the very least, if Yuri did get to have a crack at torturing him, he didn't think it would be likely that anyone would hear his screams.

"Fair dues," he said, watching her walk forward and spit on the young man's face, her saliva traveling down the bridge of his nose and getting into his eyes, waking him up gradually. His right jaw was swollen and bruised, the colors dark like cranberries in the light of the paper lanterns from the hall behind them. "Mmmm?" he groaned, looking around a bit before his eyes settled on Yuri. They flicked back to Aimi for a moment, who smiled back at him, and in an instant the young man tried to get up from his restraints, hissing in pain as the wire dug into his wrists and ankles, his skin being pulled taut against the harsh bite of the metal.

"Now now, none of that," Aimi said, stepping forward and standing next to Yuri in front of the samurai. "We went through all of the trouble of knocking you out and bringing you here to interrogate you. It would be in bad form if you were to accidentally slit your wrists before we could get a single word out of you." The young samurai ceased his struggling for a moment, glaring up at Aimi as though considering the validity of suicide in this situation. Samurai were prone to that sort of ritualistic sacrifice, after all. "If you think taking your own life by doing so would be the noble way out, let me be the first and last to tell you that we'd stop you from doing it and get a lot more creative with your restraints. So, show a bit of restraint yourself, hm? We just want some information after all. Nothing worth dying over."

Turning away from the young man, Aimi held out the box that Yuri had given him in front of her. "Hold this, please," he asked, waiting for Yuri to take it from him before turning back to the young samurai. Bringing his hands up, he formed a quick string of seals in full view of the samurai, he looked on with a mixed expression of fear and defiance. "What sort of ninjutsu are you about to use on me!?" he demanded to know, his voice slightly muffled because of the swelling in his jaw.

"Nothing," Aimi lied, creating a ball of fire in the palm of his hand. He brought his hand forward slowly, bringing the fire ever close towards the young man's chest. He started to panic slightly, shaking his head and struggling in his head as it steadily got closer and closer. "Stop your struggling," Aimi advised, bringing his free hand up and poking him in the forehead right as the ball of flame made contact with his chest. He transferred a small bit of his chakra and moved his hand away from him, the cool ball of blue flame sticking to the man's chest with two bright spots on the front of it that gave it the look of a glare. The young man stopped struggling once he realized that the fire wasn't burning him.

Once more, Aimi strung his hands together into a string of seals, sending his chakra forth into the flickering ball of flame on their captive's chest. "What are you using now?" the samurai again asked. "Nothing," Aimi again lied, his tone one of playful condescension as he sent his chakra forth to the flame, a tiny flame appearing above it at the very top. The samurai looked down at his chest, confused at the appearance of the flame and why the fire wasn't burning him in the first place, his natural instincts to buck away from the fire gradually ebbing away. Then the second flame appeared.

His head shot up and looked at Aimi. "What have you done to me?" he demanded to know. This time Aimi obliged him. "Set a time bomb on your chest. You've got a little over a minute or two before that flame engulfs your entire body and burns you alive. So here's the deal! You've got a choice to make now. Either tell us what we want to know, fast, or we sit here and watch you burn. Tick tock tick tock, what's it going to be?" Aimi asked, smiling at him as the third flame came into being.

Jutsu UsedShow
Katon • Ghost-Light: Tonberry Curse
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Katon • Foxfire
The user performs the hand signs and gathers chakra into their hand, forming a small dull ball of flame. This ball of flame is distinct in that it has two bright spots on it that give it the look of eyes. The user then sticks this ball of flame onto a target, transferring the chakra over so that the fire will stick to the target. This flame does not burn in the slightest and is exactly normal body temperature. The chakra that sticks to the target as well as its temperature draws in various Ghost-Light jutsu which home in on temperature. The flame requires a Strength of 10 to remove physically.

Katon • Creeping Ghost-Light: Tonberry Death Curse
B-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Katon • Ghost-Light: Tonberry Curse
After the user has placed the flame of Katon • Ghost-Light: Tonberry Curse on a target, the user forms the handseals and creates a tiny flame directly above the small one. For every post that passes, three tiny balls of flame are created. These balls of flame continue to form in a circle around the central fire until twelve are around it in a circle (four posts). Once this happens, the central flame rapidly begins to grow and spread over the target, burning them severely. The flame will continue to spread until it has completely engulfed the target. This flame engulfs its target at a Speed of 20 and deals 2nd degree burns.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:51 pm

Yuri took the box as it was offered to her, but as Aimi began his work, the woman yawned and looked here and there about the room, showing her boredom clear as day. She watched as Aimi began to play with the samurai's emotions, starting with the fire and she raised an eyebrow. "I wish you'd let me bleed him, that's more fun... and immediate." She said fairly quietly, grinning wide as the samurai gave her a rather frantic look, and of course showing off her teeth.

But as Aimi continued with his work, Yuri looked down at the box in her hands and noticed the lock on it. It seemed in pristine order, but the woman still grinned as she grabbed the lock with one hand and yanked, hard, so that the lock snapped right off. "Oh hey, maybe he's useless." She said aloud as she opened the box and set it on the ground.

Yuri knelt in front of it, not caring the way the move showed off the entire right side of her body as the slit of her skirt shifted with the move. But as she picked up the papers and started sifting through them, she frowned. "Uh... it's all written in a code..."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:03 pm

Aimi looked over at Yuri as she spoke, ignoring the samurai as he frantically tried to say he didn't know anything, he wouldn't talk, the usual sort of excuses. "Sometimes you just gotta let them cook on a slow burn for a while to get them just right," he said as casually as though he were talking about a piece of pork at a habachi grill. He watched as she undid the lock rather forcefully and peered inside, declaring that what was inside was all in code. "What have we here, laddies? A bit of fine penmanship? A secret code?" he asked, sounding as though he were quoting something by the poor accent he put on as he stepped over towards Yuri and the box. He knelt over himself and picked up a piece of paper that was inside of it, holding it by the corner with his thumb and index finger and turning it from side to side, looking it over curiously. He'd never been good at cracking codes and, much like sneaking and torture, he wasn't a fan of the dishonest way it concealed the information inside of it.

Turning back to the samurai, who was frantically babbling while looking down at his chest and over at the two ninja, he made his way over to him and held up the piece of paper in front of his face. By now there were five flames surrounding the larger one. "What's it say on this?" he asked, jostling the piece of paper for emphasis. "Go to HELL!" the samurai spat back at him, fear and anger in his eyes now as he grit his teeth at Aimi who suddenly wondered just how old he was. Was he younger or older than himself he wondered? It couldn't have been by many years either direction frankly. "That's not going to put the fire out, being all petulant like that. Tick tock tick tock, young man. Tell you what, you be a good boy and tell us what we want to know, and I'll stop the fire from consuming you. Hm? What do you say? Sounds gut, nein?" he asked, a smile on his face as the sixth flame appeared.

"It.. it's a code," the samurai said reluctantly, anger giving way to bargaining it seemed.

"Yes, we know that part, what's it say?" he asked more concisely, jostling the paper in front of his face again with a tart reminder of "Tick tock goes the clock~"

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:12 pm

Honestly Yuri couldn't help a bit of a chuckle as Aimi taunted the samurai with the paper, though as the man conceded and admitted it was a code, she couldn't help rolling her eyes. "No, really? I thought it was a recipe for sushi." she remarked sarcastically as she stood and walked towards the pair. She gave the samurai a hard stare before looking down at his bound wrists and a small smile began to cross her lips at the sight of the blood that had been drawn so far. "You can fear the fire all you want, but you know what you should really be afraid of?" she remarked as she reached out and ran a finger across the cut flesh of the man's wrist, taking a moment to look at the blood on the tip of her finger.

"You should fear me." she told him, grinning yet again and flashing those teeth of hers. "You see, if this doesn't work, I get you. And you know what?" As she spoke she walked around behind him, bending down to 'whisper' in his ear. "These teeth aren't for salads." she told him. "They're for ripping flesh from bone." she added, leaning over him and raising an eyebrow as she looked down at the man's grown. "Sometimes literally." she added with a wicked smile before stepping away from him and walking back to stand beside Aimi.

"And the best part? He's going to cook you up for me just right before hand."

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:25 pm

Aimi's smile turned towards Yuri as she walked over towards the man and started to speak to him herself, the seventh flame appearing in the mean time. Apparently she couldn't resist getting in on some of the fun herself. Things finally started to sink in for the young man as he glared up at Yuri a moment, only to look down at his chest and see how far the flames had progressed. Only five more to go, then, as far as he knew, time would be up. "Tick tock," Aimi emphasized once again, really putting the pressure on this young man to talk. They really didn't have too much time left, frankly, before his jutsu took effect. If they were going to get anything out of him, it'd need to be soon or else he'd actually be in no shape to talk to them whether Yuri took a bite out of him with those shark fangs of hers or not.

"I can't read it with you waving it around like that!" he said, right as the eighth flame appeared. Aimi obliged him and held the paper still, grabbing the top and bottom between his thumbs and index fingers so that he could clearly see it as sweat dripped down his face, the light of the flame on his chest providing all of the illumination he needed. "It's a report. meant to be delivered to another detail of soldiers. Lieutenant Shing. There's dates and numbers and - "

"Could you teach us how to decipher it?" Aimi interrupted, his tone matter of fact and quizzical.

"What!?"

"You know, read it ourselves. Just curious."

"N-no! I'm the only one who can read it!"

"Why's that?"

"Why's what!?"

"Why's it you're the only one who can read it?"

"It's a samurai code! We - "

"Like bushido?" Aimi asked, his eyebrows raised.

"What!? No! Not like Bushido! It's a code makers code! Only me and other samurai code makes can read it!" he clarified, the ninth flame appearing on his chest. Only moments left before the flames went off. "Please! I'm telling you what I know! You can't read that without me, so stop this flame!"

"Hmmmmmmm... I dunno. What if you're lying to us? You think he's lying to us?" Aimi asked, turning his head at Yuri and cocking an eyebrow inquisitively.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:32 pm

If Yuri's grin could get any bigger, it would have. She watched in relative silence as Aimi and the samurai spoke, enjoying every moment of the man's fear. "I don't know, he said code makers as in plural though... maybe there's someone else we can nab if he fries." She said, looking at Aimi with an uninterested shrug. "But you know, if he is lying, and we stop the flames... that means its my turn. Right?" she asked, grinning once more only as she finished speaking she ran a tongue across her teeth in anticipation.

She was eager for her turn at the man, and that part wasn't an act. "In fact, I think he'd like my way better anyway." she said. "After all, I might punish him for bad answers... but right answers get him something much better." she added, her blue eyes turning to look at the man as she ran a hand across the exposed skin of her leg briefly.

"Tell me, would you be more prepared to answer our questions if I was doing the asking?"

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:50 pm

Aimi wasn't sure if Yuri was enjoying this little act a bit too much. Did she even know that he could stop the flames from engulfing the man? As far as he was aware she didn't know, so as far as she knew he was just bluffing about the entire thing and trying to work the man up into a frenzy. She seemed to be genuinely interested in her turn to go at the man though, whether he got burned or not. Aimi doubted that it'd be enough to kill him if the flames did end up engulfing his body, but that hadn't been the point of him performing the pair of jutsu to begin with. As she continued to play along in her sultry tone, stroking her leg suggestively, he couldn't help but wonder if she had a fetish or two that he hadn't guessed about in the times they'd met beforehand.

Ten flames now appeared. "Yes! Yes! Please! I'll tell you whatever you want! Just stop this fire! I don't want to burn!" the young samurai said, panic sinking in now as he started to struggling with his restrains again, the wire digging into his flesh and drawing out more blood . Full on panic had started to set in as fear over took him, though which he feared more Aimi wasn't sure - his katon ninjutsu or Yuri's more direct approach about the whole thing. In the end he supposed it didn't matter much, though he did hesitate a moment while the samurai was pleading for him to stop his jutsu as images of Yuri seducing the man for information flashed through his mind. For a brief moment, he grew as hot as the samurai would if he let the jutsu continue.

Aimi's hands came up and he performed a short string of seals, sending his chakra to the flame and stopping it's progression. "Hm. Right on the eleventh hour. Lucky you," Aimi commented, the piece of coded paper dropped down on the floor between his feet for the time being. The young man looked down at his chest and stared a moment, expecting the last flame to appear... but it never did. For now, he was safe, and he let out a heavy sigh of relief, relaxing in his chair and closing his eyes a moment. Aimi furrowed his brow. Why did this samurai have such a lack of discipline? Typically samurai were trained since a young age, weren't they? That whole Bushido code and what have you; come to think of it, there was a lot about this young man that didn't fit with the rest of the the samurai in General Shin's employ.

Aside from his lack of discipline, he had no swords. Highly unusual. What was more unusual, perhaps, was the fact that he wore no armor as well. Up above them, it was important for the samurai at the gate and those inside of the house to appear as simply hospitable guards he'd deduced, but the ones that walked around on patrol were wearing armor. This samurai was hidden underground, he should have had armor too. So why didn't he? Now that they all had a few moments to catch their breath, Aimi had to admit - he was intrigued.

Before Yuri could get her start on him, as was promised, Aimi knelt down in front of the lad, placing his hands on his knees and looking up at him. "What's your name, samurai?" Aimi asked him, drawing his attention. The samurai took a moment to catch his breath, his heart no doubt racing in his chest. "Yoshida. My name is Yoshida," he said.

"Yoshida, why are you down here? What are you doing? And why don't you have a katana?" Aimi inquired curiously, holding his hand up and saying, "Just to clarify, I can start up that fire again any time I want, so chose what you say wisely."

"Like I told you... I'm a code maker. General Shin uses us in order to write and send out secret codes for others in his faction... I have no katana because I haven't earned mine yet."

"How old are you?"

"Sixteen..."

Jutsu UsedShow
Katon • Ghost-light: Stalking Tonberry
D-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Katon • Creeping Ghost-Light: Tonberry Death Curse
After the user performs the handseals they can either stop or start the tiny balls of flame from surrounding the small flame of Katon • Creeping Ghost-Light: Tonberry Death Curse. This means that the user of this jutsu has control of how long or how quickly the flame engulfs what it is stuck onto. Every time the user wishes to start or stop the advance of the flames they must perform this jutsu.

Jutsu still in use:

Katon • Creeping Ghost-Light: Tonberry Death Curse
B-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Katon • Ghost-Light: Tonberry Curse
After the user has placed the flame of Katon • Ghost-Light: Tonberry Curse on a target, the user forms the handseals and creates a tiny flame directly above the small one. For every post that passes, three tiny balls of flame are created. These balls of flame continue to form in a circle around the central fire until twelve are around it in a circle (four posts). Once this happens, the central flame rapidly begins to grow and spread over the target, burning them severely. The flame will continue to spread until it has completely engulfed the target. This flame engulfs its target at a Speed of 20 and deals 2nd degree burns.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:46 pm

Yuri seemed almost disappointed as Aimi stopped the jutsu. She watched the boy calm down as Aimi spoke to him, though she wrinkled up her nose in some kind of disgust as he gave away his age. "Well that makes this less fun." she muttered. "I don't pleasure children." Like many assassins, Yuri had very few lines she refused to cross, but one she certainly did have was the idea of bedding or sexually taunting a target under a 'certain age'. It was a line she had never crossed before and her sudden change in body language revealed she wasn't going to be crossing it today either.

"Sixteen and yet a code-breaker... a samurai without a sword when many earn them young." Granted Yuri didn't know every detail about samurai, but she had been trained by some, learned a sword style or two from them. She had seen fourteen year olds and even younger with real blades, which made her think that maybe this boy was behind the curve. Yet his position he held...

"Let me guess, a bit behind in the physical arts, but your mind is something that has ever been the sharpest." Yuri remarked aloud before moving to pick up the slip of paper that Aimi had let fall. "You must be used to having a guard of some kind then, so you use the tunnels to move in case of people like us, so you don't feel the shame of the reminder having a guard really is, eh?" Yuri couldn't help a chuckle as she held the paper out in front of him.

"Translate."

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Wed Jul 26, 2017 3:06 am

Aimi took a couple of steps back and Yuri stepped forward, her body language having changed along with her tone. True to his word, he crossed his arms over his chest and let her do her thing, listening to the exchange between the two and staying observant and passive. Yoshida seemed much calmer now that Aimi wasn't threatening to set him on fire and Yuri wasn't trying to seduce him. All the same, he was bleeding and his heart was no doubt beating frantically. Idly, Aimi was a bit concerned about the state of his wrists. It didn't look too bad from where he stood, but all the same... he'd try to bandage them up before they go, provided he was a good boy and gave them the information they needed.

Looking up at the piece of paper that Yuri held up, Yoshida glanced between Aimi and Yuri, taking a breath to steady himself before he spoke. "Like I said. It's a report to Lieutenant Shing. It has brief descriptions of events in it using code words within the code. Lieutenant Shing and General Shin are planning a coup, I'm sure you already know that. This is a report of resources to Lieutenant Shing, and a request for the number of men and resources he currently has at his disposal. The General is eager to start his coup, and wants to move out as quickly as possible."

He paused, looking down at the ground with a look of dejected shame and disappointment on his face. This was probably the reason why he didn't have a katana more so than his lack of physical capabilities. The look on his face said that this wasn't the first time that his honor had been compromised like this. Aimi felt a twinge of pity for him. He of course didn't know this young man's life in the slightest, but he could imagine that he'd been the subject of ridicule and bullying growing up. Perhaps he'd even been forced into the position that he's in now. Whatever the case, the white haired jounin continued to silently stand and watch.

Return to “Water Country”