Into Open Waters [PB]

Diatenshi

Into Open Waters [PB]

Post by Diatenshi » Tue May 08, 2018 5:22 pm

Kaisui

Kaisui would yawn and stretch as he awoke although the bed was more comfortable than his ship, but as the land was steady and didn't rock like a boat he had a fitful sleep never truly comfortable. He'd stand up and stretch more his joints cracking. After getting dressed he'd glance over at Umiko then smile and gently attempt to wake her.

The slight touch of his hand on her arm caused her to jolt forward pocket knife in hand. Despite all of their time together she still reacted like this when he'd wake her. It saddened him slightly but he understood the reason. "Come on sis it's his first day at sea we gotta get to him before he eats breakfast or we'll be scrubbing it off the ship later."

With that he'd head down stairs and wait for Ichiro and Umiko to gather at the table. The waitress from last night would come over and ask about breakfast and casually flirt with him. He'd politely decline but would reserve his and Ichiro's rooms for another night.

Umiko

A sudden touch on her arm would pull her out of her light sleep. After living on the streets for so long she never slept deeply anymore. She'd bolt up grabbing the offending hand and at the same time swing her other arm holding a knife under her pillow towards the target. After realizing who had awoken her she'd instantly calm down and yawn groggily. She'd set the knife down and climb out of bed.

She'd stretch grimacing from the mental picture Kasui had left in her head. She'd clean herself in a wash basin before getting dressed making sure to clean all the important spots. As she arrived on the first floor she'd glare daggers at the waitress who was once again shamelessly flirting with her giant.

She'd plop down next to him and lean over into his arm as she waited with him. ~Mmm Onisan makes such a good pillow I kinda wish he'd let me sleep in his bed... Wait no bad thoughts Umi bad thoughts~ Her face would flush red as her mind drifted into uncharted waters.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Izanagi

Into Open Waters [PB]

Post by Izanagi » Sat May 12, 2018 7:36 pm

Ichiro had slept quite well in the small inn. He had grown quite used to the types of rooms places like this offered, for nearly two years he had travelled across many countries, sometimes making his own shelter in the outdoors and others often enjoying the comfort of local inns. Other times he had stayed in barn lofts or spare rooms of countryfolk he had helped as he passed through smaller villages. Connecting with the people wherever he went was one of his top priorities, always looking to help the small folk and hard workers. His aspirations were to become a great and benevolent healer but also to gain strength so that he could rally others and protect those who could not protect themselves. He realized it might take him a lifetime of chasing such a dream, that he might die before ever returning to his father and younger sister, but he had to try. His faith had been partially renewed that something good was coming his way, that embarking on an adventure with his newfound companions might steer him in the direction of his goals. Or he could die unceremoniously in a ship wreck, victim to a storm as many before him had succumbed to. “I must persevere, no matter the cost” he reminded himself as he washed his face and scrubbed his teeth with an herbal concoction of mint and ground plant material, making a gritty sort of paste. Dressing in an attire of blue cloth and leather he would head down to the dining area.

The individuals he had met the previous night were already seated at a table, quite the unmistakable duo, a muscular giant of a man and a feisty red-haired girl. Adding the slimly built teenager with striking electric blue eyes might round out the group a bit but he still wasn’t sure how he would fit in. Ichiro was known for his intelligence and curiosity, a more scholarly sort who happened to have a good deal of practical skills as well as a strong work ethic and a noble heart. He sensed the others were a bit more rough around the edges which made him slightly nervous but he also felt a desire to trust them and see where this arrangement would go. “Good morning!” he would say with a short wave as he approached the table. He seemed rather alert and ready despite the relatively early hour. He noticed the waitress seemed to be ready to take orders. Common sense would indicate not to eat anything too heavy, he wasn’t entirely sure when they would be departing but just in case Kaisui planned to head out that morning he would keep it simple. “Just some fruit, whatever you have” he asked, he wasn’t particularly picky but needed some kind of vitamins, too often sailors would rely heavily on grains and alcohol for sustenance, forgoing proper nutrition or so he had heard. Sitting across from them once again, Ichiro would remain aware of his surroundings, keeping tabs on all the people around him as usual as he did his best to act casual.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Diatenshi

Into Open Waters [PB]

Post by Diatenshi » Sun May 13, 2018 2:43 pm

Kaisui

Kaisui would smile at the man across from him approving of his food choice. He'd then proceed to begin explaining the basics of sailing to him saying some pointers and tips as Ichiro ate his fruit. When Ichiro was about half way through it he'd stop him. "Sorry to interrupt but I don't want to have to scrub my ship clean of vomit. It's time for us to go practice the sailing skills I've telling you about. Hearing it doesn't really do you much good you've gotta feel it and experience it to tryely understand. Once you've gotten a feel for sailing I'll show you how to fish commercially." He'd nudge Umiko who had fallen back asleep and sigh picking her up and throwing her over his shoulder gently carrying her like a child as she slept. He'd walk through the streets to his trimaran sail ship where he'd drop Umiko down on the netting the seawater warm waking her up. She'd scream and he'd laugh as she stormed off to hide in the main cabin probably to get a change of clothes. He'd head back to where the ship was tied off to the port. "Alright one of the most important thing you'll need to know as a sailor is how to tie knots. I'm going to go through and show you a handful of knots I'll have you practice them repeatedly till I'm sure you can make a solid demonstration. After that we'll set off aight?"

With that Kaisui would begin slowly tying knots in demonstration with a spare portion of rope. With each knot tied he'd go to a spot on the ship to show how it gets used. After each demonstration he'd get Ichiro to show him how to do the knot. After Ichiro tied the knot, Kaisui would then test the knot he made. If it passed he'd move to the next one, if it didn't he'd make him do it again. They went through over 20 different knots including the bowline, the stopper knot, the clove hitch, the sheet bend, and two half hitch. They spent a good 3 hours just training tying knots. After Ichiro's final test of tying every single knot and explaining where and how they're used was Kaisui ready to move on to sailing. "So think your ready to sail my friend? And remember lunch today will be caught by you if you don't catch anything we don't eat." Kaisui would smirk and wink at him though he was only half joking.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Izanagi

Into Open Waters [PB]

Post by Izanagi » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:51 pm

Ichiro ate the assortment of melons, appreciating the juicy sweetness and various flavors. Unlike back home in Waterfall country there was no danger to most fruits in this region, nor any particular way they had to be eaten or harvested. In many ways his homeland was more dangerous, at least in terms of wilderness survival though Water country made up for this with its pirates, gangs and shinobi, each of which would prove lethal when crossed. It was important to choose one’s alliances carefully and somehow Ichiro wagered that even falling in with this relatively low risk pair would find its way to trouble, some way or another. Part of his duties were that of a bodyguard after all. The boy frowned a little as he was stopped from eating. He never much liked wasting food and the fruit certainly wouldn’t keep well on a ship especially not in this climate.

The young teenager nodded. “I understand. Let’s go then” he was a little nervous about handling sails personally, it was quite a new experience to consider and fitness had never been his forte. ‘The more skills I acquire the better’ he reminded himself, ‘And the exercise will help mold me into a better warrior’ he added. Yes, every experience as part of this crew would be of value to him, these were important life skills. In time he would achieve his own ambitions but he knew he couldn’t rush into things, he had to build up connections, life experience and talent before he could hope to be of any influence in the world.

Ichiro chuckled lightly as Umiko was thrown into the water. How Kaisui could go from caring and protective to tossing the sleeping girl, it reminded him of his own younger sister. This sense of family was a welcome feeling to find himself in the presence of and served to strengthen his resolve that he had made the right decision. He had found several mentors in his travels but always ended up alone again before too long. Perhaps this situation might be different.

The knots Kaisui showed him were quite fascinating. Ichiro was clumsy with them at first though his mind was sharp and his eyes watchful and after paying close attention to what the sailor showed him he began to remember some of the basic knots and work his way into learning the more complicated ones. Every pointer and tip was absorbed like a sponge, the boy thoroughly attentive and engaged. For now he didn’t have any questions but surely he would at some point and Kaisui would eventually discover that Ichiro was a natural student. “I appreciate the lessons Kaisui-Senpai” he thanked. Sailing was far more complicated than he had imagined. Already his mind was being stimulated greatly, committing to memory the various uses of each knot and how they differed from one another. He would have to quiz himself within his own mind frequently over the next few days to ensure he retained it all and eventually they would be committed to muscle memory and the frequent use would make it easy to remember when to apply each one. “Yes. I’m ready” he affirmed. Ichiro smiled at the joke. “I’ll do my best Kaisui-Senpai” he stated. He really did hope that he would do alright with the large fishing nets, most of his experience fishing was with a rod and in that he was quite competent, he had even done a fair share of spear fishing in the smaller creeks but fishing from a ship in the vast ocean was something else entirely.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Return to “Water Country”