Plans gone Awry

[Closed] Izanagi & Aes Sedai

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:06 pm

In two days a great deal of Asami's life had changed. Shinobi all were supposed to have homes in the second ring, but for awhile now Asami had maintained her small family home in the slums where her parents had raised her. She had always felt on the outside of things, such as her name suggested, and so had kept the place. But now as she not only had a sensei among the Karagata, but had been named a Dagger of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, she came to realize that her home didn't fit. She finally took her savings, and her right, and bought a home in a much nicer area of the village. It was a small house, a simple two bedroom but she loved it. She still frequented the docks as always, and found herself fighting off idiots from time to time, but her life was changing. It was so very strange to her, and yet she felt as if she was finally feeling less like an outsider and more like the shinobi she was.

Even if that did mean her training was going to be literal torture most days.

That day she had another meeting with Shinjiro planned, but she left early to make her way down to the docks for a delivery to pick up for her friend Ryu. Of course she made sure she had the time, she wouldn't dare be late for her training. But as she paced the docks, her plans were suddenly shot to shit. A hand wrapped around her waist and a cloth went over her mouth. The girl didn't even have time to wonder how someone got the jump on her before she slipped into unconsciousness.

The early morning mists covered the docks, leaving the pirates the cover they wanted as they smuggled their unconscious cargo below deck, slipping away into the mists and to a nearby island. None of them even saw the old man sitting cross-legged on the dock. His eyes were faded, a single hand was out, he was a beggar, the very definition of invisible to all those around him.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:25 am

As the time ticked on Shinjiro grew increasingly impatient. He had instructed Asami to meet him at his household at 10am. It seemed more than reasonable to be able to get through the checkpoint at the wall separating the districts and surely it would be easy to find the Karagata compound, and while there were about a dozen households in the large gated area, the Jinchuuriki’s family mansion was among the largest and any guards would easily be able to direct her there. After waiting about half an hour he had even come outside, sitting at the base of a tree along the pathway that led up to the mansion. Twirling an arrow in his fingertips he flicked it into the air, whistling lowly and watching it hang in the air and wobble in place as he attempted to control it. The damn thing was proving difficult to master, though he had only had it for a few months and had been a little preoccupied with other tasks and training. He had hoped to utilize it against Asami, growing his talents with it while testing her combat ability further, at least as a warmup before he got a little more serious with her.

After about another 15 minutes of waiting and playing around with some more complicated maneuvering of the legendary arrow, Shinji decided he had had enough. Whistling in a low steady tone the arrow spun around and slipped back into the thin sheath at his left hip, point facing outward. “Damn that girl” he muttered, before considering that it may not have been her fault, she was late. Perhaps the district guards or even those at the entrance to the Karagata compound hadn’t allowed her through despite Shinjiro telling them earlier that morning to expect her and grant her passage. He had even officially submitted his request to have her become his dagger. It was more a formality than anything, but they would need to process it properly at the headquarters and add her to the roster. Once she became a Special Jounin and if she proved her skill in combat, she would be eligible to become a full member. Of course, she would also need a sword of sufficient quality. Having required her file for the paperwork Shinjiro had been a little surprised to learn they were the same age though he was glad she was already a Chunin at least. He didn’t want to waste his time on a Genin, though he was still keeping an eye on Ryu and eagerly awaiting the day he became a Chunin so that he might also take him under his wing.

Leaving the Karagata estate he instructed the guards to keep Asami at the manor if she turned up, with that he dashed off. It was rare for him to not transform into an animal to move throughout the village though his own speed and power was more than enough to arrive at the wall within about 10 minutes. Checking in with the guards there his frustration grew further after being informed that she hadn’t been by. Just what the hell was she doing? Did he really want to inconvenience himself by going looking for her? He wasn’t even sure where she lived or what any of her routines were but then again she would need to be punished for being late. He couldn’t exactly just ignore it and it would be just as inconvenient and bad for his reputation if he were to reject her as a dagger already. Sighing, he passed through the checkpoint into the shinobi district to head to the housing records office, all the while thinking of how exactly to punish the girl.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:01 pm

The individual at the housing records office was hardly excited to see Shinjiro. If anything, he seemed completely bored out of his skull. Every question was met with a sigh and a roll of the eyes as he thumbed through various files but eventually he found one he claimed to have Asami's name on it. "Hm... that's a weird one." he muttered as he looked through the paperwork. "Doesn't live in the shinobi district... lives down by the docks in the slums. Why the hell?" He flipped through the file but seemed to find nothing to settle his own curiosity, and at the end of the file he shrugged. "There's a form here to change her address though, this one looks like its in the shinobi district, just came in last night...." He shrugged again and took out a piece of paper and started writing, passing the paper to Shinjiro. "There's both. Do what you want with that." he remarked, giving Shinjiro the same bored look as before as he clearly was just waiting for the man to leave.

Meanwhile, as Asami was making a bound and unconscious trip below deck of a ship, the old homeless man got up to move places on the dock. Different ships had already come and gone and the docks seemed quiet, leaving the place as less than idea for begging. He quietly and carefully made his way around the docks, looking simply for people to see if he could get enough for a morning meal.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:41 pm

It wasn’t unusual for Shinjiro to not get strong public reactions to his appearance, especially in the Shinobi district, where most kept their distance from him unless they knew him already or had business with him. Both a show of respect and fear to not inconvenience him with admiration or requests for signatures. Restaurant owners, especially if he ever went into the Merchant district were much more awe-inspired and eager to get some kind of record of him, almost always offering him free service in return for something like a signature to put up on the wall. It was however exceedingly uncommon for anyone to treat him with indifference when actually speaking with him. His ego wasn’t so great that he cared much though, so long as nobody was directly disrespectful to him or his family. Though it was a little jarring at first when the man rolled his eyes and seemed inconvenienced by Shinji’s request. Perhaps this man was one of the few individuals who simply didn’t care about shinobi celebrity status or rank, he had heard there were a few outliers like that, though typically that kind of attitude was reserved for those wealthy or powerful enough to be able to afford such indifference toward people. For the vast majority of Kirigakure citizens, shinobi and civilian alike people like Shinji or Shiv could end their lives on a whim or destroy their entire livelihood with one statement to the right person.

His eyes narrowed as the man mentioned where Asami lived. That certainly was unusual. He was sure she was a shinobi, just what kind of stray had he ended up picking up? Even as a Karugata she should have more pride than to live in a place like that when she didn’t have to. He nodded slowly, somewhat more satisfied to learn that she was intending on moving to the shinobi district where she belonged. Was that why she was late? Perhaps she was in the middle of moving and had lost track of time. Though anything she owned in the slums was not worth moving over, she’d be far better off simply purchasing new commodities for the new home, though the basics would already be provided. He was about to ask for both when the man provided them for him, “Yeah, thanks” he said simply, perhaps a bit terse though even he had some basic manners.

Naturally Shinjiro would go to the home in the shinobi district first. It seemed more probable and was closer. It didn’t take him very long to get there, not nearly going his full speed but still fast enough to past most people in a blur of motion. When he arrived, after stopping for directions once or twice he was greatly disappointed. It was easy to break into the house, simply turning into a fly and slipping through the crack of the door before transforming back. To his disappointment, not only was the home untouched and empty aside from the barebones furnishing the village provided but there was no sign of any of Asami’s clothes or any food or any indication of her being there. Most telling was the fact that he couldn’t pick up her scent at all, aside from a very faint indication that she might have stopped by briefly the day before when actually picking out the place. It wasn’t a strong enough scent to track though. “For fucks sakes Asami” he groaned, getting increasingly irate by the inconvenience of it all. Now he would have to actually go into the slums, it was a place he typically only went to when practicing new transformations or indulging in a killing spree with Chisaki. ‘Dagger for two days and she’s already causing me trouble’ he internalized. She wouldn’t forget this anytime soon, that was certain. Turning back into a fly he slipped out of the house and buzzed toward the outermost district.

It would take a little longer to fully cross through the shinobi district, over the wall into the large merchant district and then all the way over to the docks at the edge of the outer district. By the time he finally was in the right block as her home it was about noon. “These places all look the same” he groaned, most of them didn’t even have proper addresses anymore, and there were dozens of small houses and shacks crammed into small squares with just enough room for a couple people to walk side by side down the alleyways. The whole district reeked like booze and piss, he hated it. His nose and mouth curled, having turned back into a human once again to get a better sense of specific locations. It was rather annoying as a fly having one’s view split up into many segments. He almost didn’t want to try to scent for her, less take in the other foul odours more than he had to. Around here he doubted anyone would even care or be coherent enough to assist with directions. It really all was quite the pain.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Sun Jun 14, 2020 3:54 pm

The old man wandered, and it wasn't long before he heard sounds of sheer annoyance. Having been old enough to have long ago had his own family, children, and even grand children, the old man chuckled at the sounds as he turned towards the source. He couldn't see the boy well, his vision was rather blurred after all, but still not quite blind like so many had thought. "Lost are you, boy?" he asked, chuckling to himself again as he limped by and sat on an unopened crate. "If you can spare me enough for a meal maybe I can help? It's surprising how invisible a beggar like me is, and what I see, especially when fools always assume I'm blind. A bad assumption to make really." The man simply rambled on and on, a smile plastered on his face as he clearly waited to be interrupted.

At some point Asami herself had been delivered to her destination. She had been unconscious for so long she had no way of realizing her captors were not an entire crew, but a handful of ingrates on a ship she had done work on before. She was lean enough that hiding her in a barrel hadn't been all that hard, and by time she did finally begin to come around to consciousness once more, she was in a dark cave. Her ankles were bound, her hands bound at the wrist behind her back. She shifted around to try and get a good look, realizing quickly that her weapons were gone. "I may not know who did this, but I know you're a fucking idiot." she remarked in her quiet voice, finally managing to get herself to a seated position to have a look around.

Footsteps announced the arrival of another, a man who entered the cave with two more behind him. "Not as stupid as you think, lass." he said, crossing his arms over his chest. "We've a few questions... and you're gonna answer them."

Asami raised an eyebrow and looked at the man, her vision still clearing but she could get a general idea of him. Dark hair and eyes, dark skin that betrayed the amount of time he spent in the sun. His arms were well built with muscle, giving her the hint at his hard life at sea and she sighed quietly. "Pirates." she remarked with a groan, her head pounding from whatever they had used to knock her out. "You dragged me off the docks... so you work with the village... how stupid are you to grab a shinobi?" Her eyelids were heavy, eyes blinking slowly as she tried to push the fog out of her head.

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:49 pm

The teenage Jinchuuriki looked over to the old man that called out to him. He had walked a little closer to the docks themselves but was still near a number of buildings. Shinji regarded the beggar with skepticism and distrust. “You’d do or say anything for money, I could have a dozen people offer me the same assistance and they’d all give me different answers but happily take my coin” he countered, exasperated by the situation, sighing heavily he realized that it was more annoying to keep looking and it wasn’t as if he didn’t have money to spare. In fact, he was quite wealthy. He rarely spent money, his family pooling together the majority of their earnings, though whenever he was in need of anything the money was always there. Routinely he carried around about two months wages for an average Chunin just as his pocket money in case something caught his eye or he found himself needing to bribe someone or pay them for a service where intimidation might not work. “Alright. I’m looking for a girl, a little shorter than me, about the same age. Soft spoken but feisty. She’s a Karugata, lives around here. Know where I might find her?” he questioned. He wouldn’t pay the man unless there was a strong indication that his information would actually be helpful.

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:03 pm

The old man seemed unphased by Shinji's rudeness. He merely shrugged and chuckled to himself, turning to toddle off about his day. But only a moment later he heard Shinji relent and ask him for the information he needed. The old man thought for a moment and nodded slowly. "Ah yes, I know her. Always ready to give me a coin when I see her... paints her face and her shoulders yes? I can never tell what the design is but the colors are pretty." he said, still nodding slowly. "She works the docks and jobs on the ships for extra money sometimes... yes she was doing that this morning. Just south of us, she was getting off a ship this morning... hm hm hm...." He hummed to himself as if trying to remember something. "My eyes aren't what they were but from what I saw she went with a man. He gave her a hug from behind and carried her away..."

He motioned down the docks. "The sea-bitch I think the ship was called... crass and rowdy lot they are... always like the kick the old man they think is blind..."

The man took several steps forward before backhanding Asami. "We aren't as stupid as you think." he rebuked her, snarling in his anger. "You aren't part of the main family. We know how it works. We've seen you around, and we know you have an in with the Karagata and also an axe to grind. All you have to do is help us."

Asami was laughing after the hit, running her tongue over the small cut in her lip briefly and grinning up at the man. "My Sensei hits a hell of a lot harder than you do... and I'm pretty sure he's at least half your age, Asshole." Another backhand came, and again Asami laughed. "You're an idiot if you think I'm going to help you." It was ironic really, there was a time, Asami realized, when she might have at least been tempted by the offer if there was something in it for her other than 'we'll stop slapping you'. But she was finally in a position where someone in the family accepted her as having potential, she wasn't complete trash to him. This wasn't an offer that she'd even listen to now.

"Boss." One of the other men spoke up, taking steps forward and looking at Asami's grin before looking at the man who had struck her again. "She's not really wrong, Boss. There's no pain we can inflict that she hasn't felt before. You know how crazy these guys are..."

The 'Boss' simply grinned then. "Fine, we have blades, and we have other means of getting her to agree. String her up, we'll find something."

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:57 pm

Shinji listened to the old man and slowly his distrust waned. He had hoped the man might know her first name or provide some further details to indicate he was a valid source and sure enough the comments of the face paintings were enough to verify he was talking about the right person. “Yeah, that’s her” he confirmed. The bit about working on the docks made some sense, it was common work for the lower branches of the Karagata family, though less so for shinobi unless they were specific guard or escort duties but for a Genin or Chunin it wasn’t unheard of to keep making some extra money on the side. He stared at the man patiently as he placed her at the docks earlier that morning. That was a good start at least, he should be able to pick up a scent off that. The man really came through however, providing even more information, quite impressive really. Unassuming beggars and such certainly made for good lookouts and informants provided they were actually more aware than they let on. The Jinchuuriki actually grumbled lowly, his brows furrowing and lip twitching into nearly a snarl as he was told she had been grabbed and taken away.

He couldn’t decide who he was angrier toward, the fools who dared cross the Karagata, even a member of their lowest rungs or the fact that Asami had been caught off guard and captured. His fist clenched. There was no escaping it now, blood would be spilled. He reached into his jacket for a coin puch, slipping his hand in, and then a little deeper as the man even provided the ship name. “Thank you” he said simply, handing him a hefty handful of coins, enough to keep him fed for at least a week if he spent the money carefully. The killing intent seeping from him was enough to make anyone nervous. Those men wouldn’t be kicking anyone again before the end of the day.

Moving swiftly, Shinjiro manifested his green aura of chakra again, transforming into a hound and scenting his way through the docks. Sure enough, the girls scent was strong in this area, he followed it for a few minutes, confirming that she had in fact been taken out to water. Leaping out onto the water he applied some chakra to his feet, his control wasn’t great but it was at least enough to perform such a basic technique relatively easily. Moving at a speed of about 30 he would run along the water of the lake following it out further into the island that Kirigakure resided in. From his estimation, the trail was at least 5 hours old. It was possible they had even got out to open sea by now. Fortunately there was only one main way to get in and out of the island, massive jagged mountains made most of the island impossible to traverse with only one main waterway coming into the center of the island which housed many forests, swamplands and smaller mountains. He still had to be sure they hadn’t stopped anywhere along the way so he would keep on the water and follow it out as far as it the trail led.
Jutsu UsedShow
Wolf
C-Ranked Full Kaerujutsu
Prerequisite: Form 1
This transformation grants Shinji the ability to transform into a variety of dog species including household pets, coyotes and wolves, not to exceed 100kg in weight, 2 meters in height, and 3 meters in body length.

Predators Tracking
A-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: [Perception]
Shinjiro has developed a remarkably keen sense of smell even when not transformed into an animal. He can easily distinguish scents between people as well as pick up on trails that are several days old. His passive range is equal to his Willpower stat though for particularly strong smells such as blood or decay he can detect from a distance of [Willpowerx5] meters away. When in a transformed state of an animal with a strong sense of smell such as a canine the range of his sense of smell is doubled.
Water walking

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:11 pm

"You sure the last dose has worn off already?"

"Do you really want to risk her getting her strength back in full?"

Asami had been suspended from the roof of the cave with chains, shackles digging into her wrists to keep her aloft in a way that she could barely touch the tips of her toes to the ground beneath her. Her arms were far over her head as one of the men had come up behind her and pulled her head to tip it back, and she felt the needle go in at her neck. She hardly flinched, the needle hardly anything compared to the feel of Shinjiro's sword only a couple days ago. 'That explains why I feel so weak...' she thought to herself as she heard the nearby conversation. 'So its a drug... makes me weaker... probably interferes with my chakra too.' Mentally the girl chided herself as she realized a key fact... if she were more skilled in channeling chakra versus hand seals she might have had a chance at getting out of here anyway.

"She ready?" Asami sighed and lifted her head, in spite of it feeling suddenly ten pounds heavier. The so-called Boss of the group had come back, and seemed to be satisfied to see her strung up. He walked over to her with a grin on his face as he drew a fairly large knife from a sheath on his lower back. "If you just help us, this'll be easier on you. It's pretty simple really, we get to make some extra coin, and I'll even make sure you do too." As Asami simply stared at him wordlessly the man muttered something under his breath before reaching out with the knife. A couple of deft twitches of his wrists and he had cut through the straps of her sleeveless shirt. One more and the cloth fell away uselessly. He did similar to her bra and looked at her a moment after it fell away. "There are plenty of things I can use this knife for, girl. And there are worse things I can do to you. Why not just help a man out?"

Asami's hands clenched in her bonds as she made an effort to lift her own body, and found her strength was gone as predicted. The movement hadn't gone unnoticed as she had hoped it would unfortunately and the man sneered at her.

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:27 pm

The scent was growing stronger and Shinjiro’s predatory instincts likewise continued to grow. He could smell the trail of others aboard the ship as well, the scent of at least four or five men stood out stronger than the rest. Perhaps not the entire crew was aboard, still it would have to be quite a small ship for such a small number of men to operate it effectively, though pirate vessels often were small schooners, crewed by only 20 or so men, certainly it was possible to get by with much less in a pinch. He continued to keep up a comfortable pace, he was gaining quickly and didn’t want to wear himself out at all by running at his maximum speed. His stamina had grown considerably over the last year, but it was still a struggle for him to maintain even basic control of his chakra. Moreover, he had trained to conserve energy as much as possible, never exerting himself more than needed. Such was the way of an assassin.

Thus far it seemed likely the crew would have made it to the edge of the island at least, the breeze was light and every now and then it shifted direction slightly and occasionally he would stop for a moment just to make sure that the wind wasn’t deceiving his senses. There too was the natural mist and heavy humidity in the air to cut through, making scents a little more difficult to properly distinguish but that was something he had trained extensively to overcome. As he pursued the trail he wondered if he might just observe, see if she was able to free herself as punishment for being late and allowing herself to be captured. Either way he still wished to catch up sooner rather than later, they had a significant head start on him and small ships were notoriously quick, though still not comparable to an elite shinobi such as himself.

He grumbled lowly as he considered that if he took too long, they might actually kill her. It had taken him a year to find a suitable apprentice and not only that, but it would make the Karagata look weak If he allowed his dagger to be killed so easily. ‘You’d better not die’ he worried, reluctantly deciding to put a little more effort into the pursuit. A pair of large bat wings would sprout from his back while still in his canine form and promptly take to the air. No longer hindered by having to run atop the water he could comfortably increase his speed, controlling his breathing and muscle movements to ensure to optimal efficiency so that he didn’t become fatigued at all, while still increasing his speed to about 38, nearly his top speed. Most wouldn’t even be able to perceive or hear his movements, simply feel the swirling winds as he cut through the mist, forcing it to part in his wake. It wouldn’t be long now before he caught up to them. Though what he would find about his arrival and what exactly he would do about it was yet to be determined.
Jutsu UsedShow
Assassins Flight
A-Ranked Partial Kaerujutsu
This transformation allows Shinji to grow a pair of large bat wings from his upper back. Each wing is 3 meters long and 1.5 meters wide and typically brown or black in color. These wings are fully functional allowing Shinji flight capabilities. As an extension of his body Shinji has learned how to fly and move as swiftly and silently as he normally would.

*[Zantou • Wolf Pack Paradigm]
C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Much of a human's movements are inefficient and waste energy, especially in regards to combat. The practitioner has learned how to fully synchronize and harmonize the movements of their body in and out of combat. This Discipline represents the practitioner's knowledge and mastery of kinetic linking, the efficient movement and transferal of potential energy from one part of the body to the other, eliminating potentially wasted Endurance and chakra and allowing the practitioner to last longer than ordinary in a fight.

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:37 pm

"You really think we didn't plan for this? That we didn't make absolutely certain you couldn't escape, girl? We really aren't as stupid as you think." The man snarled at her. Her attempts to move had clearly upset him, if she had been able to pull her weight up she knew she could have knocked him out, perhaps more. She already felt humiliated being bared in front of him the way she was, but as he threatened her solely with the knife for now she didn't feel that rising panic just yet. But as his anger rose, his intent seemed to worsen. He lashed out with the knife again and she felt the cold steel against her hip as the blade slid between flesh and cloth. With a yank he had cut a big enough gash her remaining clothes to drop them to the floor.

It was this baring of all that caused the panic to begin to rise in the back of her throat, more than the feeling of a line of blood running down her hip and leg from the knife and the man's lack of care with it. He reached one hand around her ribs and behind her to get a fistful of her hair and yank her head back, resting the knife against her throat. "There are worse things we can do than cut you, girl. You're going to do what we ask... one way or another."

She could smell him now, like smoke and bad olives, as a sickness rose in her throat and in her mind. 'Shinjiro was right... it's a liability...' She knew she couldn't stop the panic rising, her body and her instincts were giving into it before her mind could even try to subdue it. Silent tears ran down her face as she tried to pull away and the man laughed.

Never in her life had Asami ever wished so hard for a Karagata to come to her rescue than she did in the moments when she closed her eyes and hoped she could hold out against what was clearly to come.

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:37 pm

As Shinjiro zipped through the sky new scents filled his nose, salt, the ocean was nearing quickly but also blood. Only the slightest trace but it was enough to warrant his urgency. Pulling out past the jagged mountains and the opening of the island channel he quickly turned. They were close by, a small inlet cave between the ocean and nestled into the base of the jagged mountainside. It wasn’t enough to be considered any kind of weak point for entry in to the island, there were at least half a dozen such small footholds so to speak around the island though none were more than a 200 meter area and there were many kilometers of mountains between them and the inner forests of the island. Only particularly small ships would be able to take refuge in small caves such as this one and naturally the Karagata fleet was well aware of each of the locations and periodically checked for any signs of prolonged usage. Still, they were relatively safe and isolated if one were to take shelter in one of the areas for only a day or so.

Landing at the entrance of the cave he walked atop the water once more. He could smell the wood of their ship, some of their food and booze and the scents of the men themselves not more than 100 meters down the way, winding slightly as the cave narrowed to a point they would have been forced to anchor their ship. So too could he smell Asami clearly now, her fear and blood. He could even hear some of the voices, echoing dully off the cave walls. He had hoped they would torture her and he could observe their techniques and test the girls resolve, though he knew that rape was a fear the girl had not yet overcome. He decided he couldn’t bring himself to allow lowly pirates to violate her in such a way, after all she was his in a way. Moreover with all of his frustration and effort in finding her he needed to let loose some of the building violence that he craved.

Casually approaching he grew in size, transforming into a massive dire wolf, a full 2 meters tall and a little over 3 meters long. Each of his 3-meter-long bat wings flared out as he growled lowly, building in intensity and quickly drowning out the laughter of the men before they could get a chance to progress with their plans. It was enough to give them pause, at least for the most part. The man with the knife taking a position behind the girl and holding the blade to her throat. “The hell is that?” he wondered, fear creeping into his voice as the shadow of Shinjiro’s imposing figure cast itself against the cave wall. “A wolf? Impossible..” one man muttered, the only way into the cave was by Sea after all. “We should leave, some kind of fucking monster!” another man claimed, scrambling toward the ship as he saw the outline of the figure. “Hold your ground, form up. The only way out is to fight” the boss demanded. If it was just some kind of lesser spirit they might still have a chance.

The Jinchuuriki closed in, coming into clear view from a distance of about 20 meters. There were six men in total he could see now. Each were quite burly and rugged looking, a few with bandanas and beards with poor hygiene and several missing teeth. Each of them carried swords, curved and fairly short in the style of a scimitar, though several had smaller knives hanging on straps on their torso. Shinjiro bared his teeth, sniffing again and detecting the poison. He felt some of his own desire rising as he saw the girl hanging completely naked. She had an appealing figure, though he wouldn’t consider ravishing her without her consent, not now that she was his Dagger. He had an obligation to help her grow strong and that required a fine balance between breaking her down and offering a sense of trust and protection. Such was the way he had been trained in order to develop strong ties of loyalty to the family that had tortured him for most of his life. There were some boundaries they wouldn’t cross and always he had been tended to if faced with anything that threatened to kill him or break him mentally beyond repair.

Continuing to approach, Shinjiro spoke lowly, his voice tainted, deeper and more feral through the influence of Vorashu’s chakra as he enveloped himself in the Genma’s green aura even in this form. A show of intimidation mostly. “You really fucked up” he stated simply, stopping at a distance of 10 meters. The men began to tremble, weapons all drawn their conviction began to falter, “…B-oss, that’s the Jinchuuriki, it has to be” he whispered, slowly beginning to lower his weapon. They had all heard the stories of Shinjiro, anyone who had dealings in Kirigakure knew his name but pirates and sailors especially had heard the rumors of his recent escapades, slaughtering hundreds of pirates, many rogue shinobi, all in a single day. Some claimed that Maido had accounted for most of the death’s, but none would dare to face either one of them. But in a situation like this, did they would have to beg for their lives if they had any hope of a choice.

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:05 pm

Her paints and makeup were smeared to ruin. Blood ran down her left leg from a cut on her hip. Blood decorated her lip from a cut. Her everything was laid bare with her hands shackled at the wrists over her head, keeping her elevated just enough so the tips of her toes barely touched the ground. Because of the shackles and keeping her off the ground, blood had started to run down her arms as the shackles had bitten deep. But as she heard the growling, feral voice of Shinjiro and practically felt him coming towards her she simply couldn't help but to start laughing. It was a hollow almost joyless sound with so little relief in it, a sound that certainly unnerved the men who held her captive.

She continued to laugh as she saw the men before her begin to tremble, though seeing Shinji's form actually brought an eerie smile to the girl's face. "Everyone's in trouble now..." she said in a singsong tone, giggling to herself once more after she spoke and knowing full well the pirates weren't the only ones who risked Shinjiro's wrath.

Somehow she doubted being kidnapped and nearly raped by pirates was an excuse for being late in Shinjiro's world.

She felt the knife at her neck shake, leaving a small jagged cut in its wake. She only laughed as the man's hands slipped from her and he tried to bolt. She simply laughed.

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:33 am

The pirates shifted uneasily at Asami’s shift in demeanor, only confirming what they were beginning to realize. “This doesn’t have to end bloody, we’ll let her go” one man spoke up, searching for any angle to save his own skin. “That girl is my apprentice, my dagger” Shinjiro proclaimed. The faces of the pirates grew pale, this was seven swordsmen business, it wasn’t so simple as returning someone worth near as little as a slave. “We didn’t know” another man stammered out. Shinjiro took a deliberate step forward, body tensing as his wings shifted to an angle. “Don’t move, I can still kill her” the boss threatened, seeing no other option. His grip on the knife tightened. No sooner was Shinjiro upon him, his teeth sinking deep into his wrist and ripping it away from the girls throat with such force that the man was flung to the ground, tumbling across the rocks, absent a hand.

An agonizing how of pain echoed through the cavern as the leader quickly applied pressure to the wound, beginning to sweat profusely as he tried to stop the bleeding and remain conscious. The others broke apart, one man tried to run and in an instant Shinjiro had leapt on his back and ripped out his throat. The remaining four huddled back together, “There’s no way out of this boy’s, let’s at least go down fighting” stated another man grimly, an experienced looking man with a roguish look to him. The others, despite their fear clambered up enough courage to raise their weapons. Shinjiro growled, at the very least respecting their fighting spirit. His wings swayed, waiting a moment to see if any would dare come forth, the man who had spoke moved first, aiming to flank to his left and the others moved with him hesitantly, with their leader already down they struggled to find courage though they knew it was their only hope.

Flapping his wings Shinji slammed into one of the men closest to the back of the cave, shattering his ribs on impact and sending him barreling back into the rocky wall, his head splitting with a sickening thwack. This left three men standing who began to move to surround him as Shinjiro transformed back into a human form. His vibrant green eyes were cold and hard, green chakra flowing around his body, hair grown out into shoulder length braids. He seemed to not move and then suddenly there was two of him, an afterimage left in his wake as his hand buried deep into the chest of one of the men, ripping out his heart with his bare hand in a swift motion. The body collapsed, blood pooling quickly across the damp rocky ground. At this the bravery of the last two men faltered, one collapsing to his knees, piss trickling out of his pants and the other barely standing his ground, too afraid to move, his hand shaking as his grip on his weapon weakened. The Jinchuuriki held the heart in his hands, squeezing it as blood soaked his glove before hurling it at the kneeling man with such speed and force that his neck snapped from the impact against his face. “The keys” he stated simply, the last man dropped his weapon, clamoring to the ground as he slowly reached into a pouch and held them out. Closing the distance, he swiftly backhanded the man and knocked him unconscious. He would likely be left alive to spread the word of Asami’s new worth and the wrath to be brought upon by anyone that provoked the Karagata in any way.

The leader on the other hand struggled to remain conscious, still holding his bleeding stump, his face growing pale. Shinjiro was not concerned with him for the moment. He approached Asami slowly, his chakra cloak fading. He hardly looked at her body as he reached up and unlocked the chains, letting her collapse on the ground and not bothering to catch her. Grabbing her wrist, he would place it against his mouth, drawing out the poison circulating throughout her body and absorbing it into himself. “Finish him” he instructed simply, referring to the leader that had clearly been the one to strip her naked and cut her. His dismembered hand lay on the ground not far from her, still clutching the knife. While she went about as instructed Shinjiro picked up the roguish second in command by the wrist, dragging the unconscious body across the blood-soaked stone as easily as one might drag a broom or mop. Lifting him he would shackle him in Asami’s place and leave him there for either the remainder of the crew or a Kirigakure patrol to find within the next day or two.

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:48 am

The violence visited upon the men by Shinjiro was horrific to behold, and yet to Asami there was something amazing in it as well. It wasn't his brutality or the way he moved, it was the why. Just days ago she had been a nothing Karugata, hardly anything above a slave, and even Shinjiro himself had thought her life too worthless to even snuff out at his own hands. Yet now he proclaimed her of value to him, as his dagger, proclaiming her off limits to these idiots. It wasn't a romantic notion, and thankfully Asami wasn't the sort of girl who needed romantic notions. This was something far deeper to her, and meant more to her an any romance could have. To a girl like Asami a romance was a farce, this was something real. One warrior's claim over his protege, and that was a position Asami had never thought she'd be in.

She wasn't shocked when he let her fall to the ground, and though she grunted and even cried out at the impact, she was hardly offended by it. The pain of the rocks she landed on was hardly anything compared to the pain in her wrists. She took a brief moment to glance at them, grateful the gashes were mostly superficial and at a glance she could see major arteries and veins had not been punctured. Once she was certain she wasn't going to bleed out, she stood to carry out Shinjiro's orders.

She didn't seem entirely phased by her own nudity for the moment, entirely focused on her task. She moved first to his hand left behind and took the large knife from it. It seemed a fitting tool for the task as she moved to the man. He was pale and whimpering, hardly able to struggle as she knelt with one knee in his chest to hold him in place. His words she couldn't understand, but she knew he was begging for his life. "You wanted to take something from me you thought more precious than life... a fate most women find worse than death..." she said quietly. She reached out and grabbed him by the hair, holding him in place as he grabbed at her with a hand and a bloody stump, leaving streaks of blood down her skin as she plunged the knife between two ribs. She withdrew it sharply and knew it wouldn't be a quick death. Adding insult to injury she dipped two fingers in his wound as he began to drown on his own blood. Her hand she brought up to drag her two fingers down her face, leaving his blood in two parallel lines down her face, even over her eyelids and her lips. "You'll die when you die." she said quietly, leaving him to choke as she went to check the other bodies.

She tried to find the one with the least damage, stripping it of trousers and a dark shirt. She pulled on the pants and tied them off with a piece of rope as a belt, pulling the shirt over her to finish covering herself before turning to look at Shinjiro. "Thank you." she said, clearly weary but still on her feet.

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:43 am

Shinjiro was clasping the unconcious man's wrists to the shackles hanging from the ceiling as Asami slid the knife between the other mans ribs. He only glanced toward her, seemingly disinterested and unphased by her vengeance though of course he had been deliberate in ensuring she was the one who killed him. The poison that had been used on her now flowed through him, assimilating into his fluids. Removing his blood soaked glove he raised his right hand, growing 2 inch long claws and pricking his hand, coating the tips of his nails in blood and pressing one finger to the mans neck, piercing the skin before rubbing his bloodied hand over the wound.

While he did this he continued to watch Asami, huffing lightly in amusement as she painted lines of blood across her face. It seemed she quite like painting her face, an entertaining trait. His own task done now, he took a few moments to watch her and admire her naked form as she stripped a corpse for clothing. He could feel tempation welling within him, Vorashu stirring, appeased by the carnage to some extent but fueling Shinjiro's lust. The last time he had held a heart in his hand had been followed by carnal pleasure. His body seemed to respond expecting the same once again.

Exhaling slowly he fought to keep Vorashu supressed, even closing his eyes and closing the link between human and spirit the best he could. It was a good indication of control that he had been able to prevent the Genma's thoughts from entering his mind. 'I am empty, hollow. My body is a weapon. Nothing more' he repeated in his mind over and over. Forcing his mind from one extreme to another as he embraced his training in order to drown out the primal urges brought on by the king of beasts. Finally, when he felt the tempations fully leave him, his eyes opened and to his relief the girl had finished dressing.

Sometime during that he had heard her thank him, but it was a distant voice and not one he felt he needed to acknowledge. He was doing his duty, protecting the Karagata name and fulfilling his responsibility as a member of the Seven Swordsmen. Nothing more. "You were late. I had to go out of my way to track you down." He stated coldly. It was obvious he wasn't about to let that go anytime soon and she would be punished accordingly. But perhaps not yet. Reaching over his left shoulder he withdrew his other Katana, one Asami had not yet seen. Its steel was colored a deep crimson red, the counterpart to Agony, this was Chaos. "Take this, cut him, torture him but do not kill him. He will live as an example of what happens when the Karagata are crossed." He instructed, flipping the blade around, holding it tenderly by the steel and offering the hilt for her to grab. She would find that when she used the blade to cut the prisoner he would be overcome by tremendous, inescapable fear, even if he was still unconcious.

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:47 pm

Asami had never been an overly affectionate sort, but for a brief second she wavered. Even as Shinjiro made his cold statement about tracking her down, she suddenly hugged him, wrapping her arms around behind his neck. She had to stifle a cry for a brief moment as well, holding herself together just barely after what the pirate had been determined to take from her. But the hug lasted for barely seconds before she released him and took a respectful step back, a light blush across her cheeks as she waited for his next instructions. She was surprised when he offered her one of his swords, and she took it almost gingerly. She remembered what he had mentioned about Agony being a blade that only he could wield and some part of her wondered if this blade would be similar. Was this her punishment for being late? For forcing him to track her down? For being stupid enough to be taken?

But as she took the weapon by its hilt, nothing happened. She looked over the deep red blade briefly, feeling the weight of it in her hands before she did as she was told and walked over to the man now hanging in her place. Her first cuts were hesitations, shallow but they still did the job they were meant to do. His terrified screams rang in the cave and soon so did the smell of his blood. Her hesitations left her quickly. She had cut away his shirt, still at least leaving him the dignity of his pants as she left deep marks across the muscles of his abdomen and his chest. She even left a few down his ribs before she returned to Shinjiro and offered the blade back to him, the steel in her hands and the hilt towards her Sensei. "What is this blade's name?" she asked quietly.

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:15 pm

Shinjiro hesitated as Asami moved to hug him, his first instinct was to toss her to the ground. Instead he simply bristled at the affection, tensing his body and turning his head away uncomfortably. He didn't know how to be close to a woman if he wasn't fighting them or persuing sex. The first person that had ever hugged him in purely plutonic affection was his cousin Yuuto. The boy was someone he held a connection to, a family bond and a desire to protect him. So too did Shinjiro enjoy the way Yuuto seemed to believe Shinji was not a monster, that he could redeem himself and learn to find peaceful solutions on occassion. It was a philosophy and such a contrasting idealogy than he had been raised with that he found himself interested in seeing his cousins perspective even if he doubted he could actually believe such things himself.

This girl though, Asami. He wasn't sure what to make of it and fortunately she gave him some space again after just a few moments. He would chalk it up to a woman's emotions at being rescued. Maintaining his composure he handed her the sword and watched as she went to work. Simple cuts, enough to cause pain and bleed the man a little but more importantly he would succomb to the weapons unique ability.

The roguish looking pirate woke suddenly, his fear intensifying if anything as he laid his eyes upon Shinjiro. His brief nightmare had not ended as he awoke, rather it had just begun. There was no escape, struggle as he might the poison weakened him. A second poison had even been introduced, one that dripped from the grooves of the crimson sword. It was one that sytmied healing, causing his cuts to bleed more freely than usual. He screamed in terror, his words inchoherant as he flailed and blood poured down his body.

Shinji looked to Asami as she handed him back the blade. "This is Chaos" he informed, taking the weapon in hand and drawing Agony with his other hand. "The swords are a perfect pair, exactly the same length, weight and durability. These groves, they let me flow poison through them" he explained, tilting the weapons so that Asami could see the thin grooves that ran along their sides. The poison on Chaos was similar in colour to the blade, perhaps a slightly lighter red whereas Agony was slick with a greyish liquid against the jet black steel. "Wielded together, with their abilities, poisons and my skill as a swordsman I can overcome nearly any opponent" he explained. "You'll need your own sword before you can become a full member of the seven. There are several legendary weapons that might work with your skillset. Find one or have something unique crafted for you." He advised, continuing to ignore the screams of the man chained next to him.

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:39 pm

Asami was not completely unaffected by the man's screams and his terror. She was mentally cringing at it all even as she handed the blade back to Shinjiro. But she did her best to bury her reactions, and instead focused solely on what her Sensei had to say about his swords. When he gave her the chance she looked them over carefully, a shiver running down her spine as she saw Agony. "So that's why it hurt the way it did..." she remarked, "And why I couldn't move either." she added, nodding slow. She knew she would need her own blade one day, and seeing these two gave her more ideas of what she wanted to do for her own.

"I'll need to start coming up with ideas then... there are so many possibilities, I'll need to start making choices or I may never decide..." She sighed to herself and spared a glance towards the screaming man before turning her attention back to Shinjiro. "Also after today's events..." she hesitated a moment as an awkward thought flitted across her mind but she quickly pushed it away. "I have a certain problem to deal with. And I will, I want you to know that." she tried to assure him, speaking of the very thing the pirates had tried to take from her.

Clearing her throat she glanced towards the exit of the cave and looked at Shinjiro. "Do we have a way home? I had intended to show you the new place I just bought... and find out what and where you wanted me to get that tattoo." It was clear she was trying to move away, at least in subject, from what had happened today already. But a certain awkwardness remained as she tried.

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:53 pm

The Jinchuuriki nodded as Asami gradually learned more about his skillset, “My swords, my poisons or any other abilities you discover about me. You’re not to tell anyone about any of it unless you’re absolutely sure they already know. Understood?” he warned grimly. He rarely used his swords in combat, typically reserving them only for particularly strong opponents or torture and similarly the nature of his various poisons, especially how they worked within his body were a secret he kept even from the Mizukage. It was nowhere in his file, and it was important that it stayed that way. As his dagger she would be exposed to more insight into his training and his techniques than anyone else save for the members of his immediate household and perhaps Chisaki. There were few people he trusted and he was counting on Asami to be one of them.

Shinji began spinning his swords idly in his hands, he was beginning to consider how he might punish Asami, debating between that and demonstrating further torture tactics. She distracted him however when she mentioned her intent to fix a certain problem. The swords stopped spinning and a creeping smirk grew on his face, “Good. It would be detrimental if that was the primary fear you experienced when you feel Chaos’s bite” he considered, flicking the crimson blade out to barely touch her skin. It would have to actually cut her in order for its curse of fear to take affect. “I suppose I can hold off on your punishment until you’ve taken care of your problem” he relented, flicking the blade back and swiftly sheathing it in a fluid, practiced motion.

He groaned in annoyance as she spoke of heading back already, “And here I thought we were just getting started” he stated darkly, jabbing Agony into the prisoner’s ribs, eliciting a new depth to his screams. The man’s veins bulged in his neck and between wails of agony and terror he wimpered and begged for death, for mercy. “No. You will live, and you will never cross the Karagata again” Shinjiro stated, completely callous to the man’s suffering. Sighing he sheathed the black blade in the same smooth motion. “Fine. I’ll take you home, but for that tattoo. I think I’ll require a much closer inspection of your body” he stated. If the two helped one another with their problems then he could grant her some temporary leniency. “Let’s go” he commanded, turning and walking toward the water.

As he did so his body would once again glow with dense green chakra, his hair growing and forming into long braids and his arms seeming to stretch out a few inches, and as he came to the edge of the rocky ground he transformed into a large red phoenix. He wouldn’t wait long for her to climb on, he was more than happy to make her find her own way back, only the appeal of her body was awarding her such generosity. When she did climb on he would flap his wings in a powerful burst, taking off quickly and forcing her to utilize all her strength to not fall off as he streaked through the air back towards the village.
Jutsu UsedShow
Shujakku
A-Ranked Kaerujutsu
Prerequisite: Form 2
After entering form two Shinjiro can transform himself into a massive red bird with a 25 meter wingspan, 12 meter long tailfeathers and deadly 7 inch long talons as well as a powerful beak with a mouth large enough to swallow limbs whole. The creature’s eyes are a fiery yellow. While in this transformation Shinjiro is granted +11 Speed, +5 Strength, +5 Endurance at the cost of – 6 Chakra Pool, -3 Control, -3 Willpower

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:04 pm

As his blade came to touch her skin, Asami froze in place. She held her breath, and tried not to move. She had just held that blade, and used it, she knew very well just how sharp it was and how sharp he kept it. If she even flinched it would cut her skin and deliver its fury into her veins. But a moment later he removed it, and she noticed the smirk on his face. For a brief moment it stifled her thought on relieving herself of her useless purity. Yet of course later as he mentioned inspecting her body more closely the thought sprang up again. Struggling to bury the thought, and the light blush on her cheeks at the thought of it, she followed him out of the cave.

His transformation was, as always, impressive. The girl had to fight the urge to gawk and instead climbed onto his back and clung to him for dear life. She swore under her breath more than once, not looking forward to falling in the cold sea below if she were to lose her grip. But a few minutes into the air, she finally quit burying her face into his feathers, and instead lifted her face to feel the air against her skin. After everything she had just gone through, after her own personal hell, it felt refreshing. Between the wind, the cool mists, and knowing the one she was with had also saved her life, she felt a comfort she hadn't felt in a long time.

It was in that moment she felt herself make a simple and strange decision.

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:31 pm

Shinjiro slowed marginally after the first few kilometers. He was unhappy about the amount of effort he was exerting, though at least it wouldn’t be long before they were back in the village. This form was his fastest by far, the true extent of his capable speed was enough that Asami would have no hope of holding on and would in fact likely be rendered unconscious from the sheer acceleration. Fortunately, he had no reason to properly push himself but the transformation itself was enough to tire him somewhat. During the flight back to the village which took about 45 minutes, traveling well over 100kms and flying low along the channel, he remained silent, feeling Asami holding tightly at the feathers on his neck.

He didn’t bother landing at the checkpoint at the outer ring, simply slowing enough to give his name to the guards before flying over the wall, repeating the process through the merchant district and gaining a great deal of stares and gathered crowds, rumors flying about that it must have been the Jincuuriki, it occurred to him that he had never actually flown around the village in this form before though there had been many rumors spreading among sailors, the Karagata navy and from there into the civilian and shinobi population alike that the great red bird had been responsible for devastating several ships alongside Maido not more than a month ago. Now the speculations that such a form was one of Shinjiro’s seemed to be confirmed.

It occurred to him that Asami had likely never seen the village from the sky before. Even through the wispy mists one could clearly make out the tall walls from a distance as they moved from one district to the next. The slums were narrow and densely populated, making up only 5% of the population of the village, whereas the merchant class was quite wide and packed full of shops and production facilities, making up 45% of the villages population and finally 30% resided in the shinobi district, with any shopkeepers being retired shinobi and lastly 20% of the village lived in the elite inner circle, nobles, clansmen and the wealthiest businessmen, making up a comfortable mix of shinobi and civilian aristocrats. Landing not more than a few hundred meters from Asami’s new home Shinjiro transformed back into a human, his chakra cloak immediately receding. The teenager exhaled slowly, his breathing and heartrate even as always though he did seem somewhat fatigued. He had travelled quite the distance, having to make the trip twice in the same day and it was only mid afternoon still. Such a journey from deep within the village to the edge of the island and back would be a full day event for most, on foot it could be even longer. “You can get off now” he grumbled, for surely, she would have still been holding onto his neck for at least a few moments after his rapid transformation.

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:47 pm

The view from Shinjiro's back was amazing. More than once Asami dared a peak over his shoulders and wings to look down and watch everything pass by underneath them. She didn't even notice the stares at first, though of course as soon as she did she pulled her head back out of view quickly, not wanting others to recognize her (as if any would). Still she rest her head on the back of Shinjiro's neck to look down the feathers of his back and at the city passing behind them. She figured out rather quickly that they weren't going to the docks, and for the first time she realized he already knew where she had moved to. It was almost a bit embarassing, if only because she had hoped to show him the place herself for the first time.

As Shinjiro reminded her that she could get off, she couldn't help a slight blush as she realized he had already transformed back and she was awkwardly clinging to him. "...sorry." she muttered under her breath as she stepped off of him and all too quickly rushed to the front door of her new home. It was a house built up against the rest beside it, most of them identical save for the outside color and all had two floors. She unlocked the front door and led the way inside and started turning on lights.

"It isn't much yet... but it'll be home..." she muttered, glancing around as she turned to look at Shinjiro almost awkwardly. "I just got it so the only furniture is what the village provides. Basic bed, table and couple of chairs, a couch..." She motioned to the nearby stairs. "Two bedrooms, going to use one for study and training I think..." She realized quickly she was rambling and moved into the kitchen, turning on the faucet to start wiping her face clean of the blood and what was left of her paints.

By time she turned back to look at Shinjiro again, it was probably the first time he had seen her without any form of make up or paint on her face. She motioned to the couch in her sparse living room, swallowing hard as that murky thought came to the surface again. "I had a thought..."[color]

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:18 pm

The swordsman followed behind Asami in no particular hurry, in fact he would walk quite casually until the moment the girl reached the door of her new home and then Shinjiro would flicker forward in a burst of speed, appearing next to her again. He kept a neutral expression as they entered. Nothing she showed him would be of any interest, these types of homes were all rather standard and certainly didn’t stand out before there was a chance to make any personal touches. But he remained quiet, realizing that for someone form the slums this was a tremendous step up in quality of living. At least this home was clean and there were no foul odours. He doubted her previous home even had proper fuuinjutsu utilities like lights, a fridge and a shower.

He looked around, truthfully, he hadn’t spent much time in any dwelling such as this. It seemed similar to the slave quarters built about a kilometer down on the property of his family mansion but he also knew that their household servants were held in particularly high regard as slaves due to their extensive training and steadfast loyalty. As Asami moved over to the kitchen to wash her face he realized that he had left his right-handed blood-stained glove back in the cave, while still wearing his left. His right hand had healed over from where he had cut it already, but it was still crusted in blood. Taking off his left glove he placed it on the countertop, it felt strange wearing just one. “Mind if I use the sink?” he asked a little stiffly after she washed her face. He wasn’t used to asking permissions of those lower ranked than him especially not his own dagger, but this was her home and he would respect some basic courtesies. Assuming she nodded or something of the sort he moved to the sink, running his hands through the water and scrubbing off the blood, likewise washing off his face and some of the blood spatter that had speckled across it. He turned as she spoke with some apprehension, “Yeah?” he questioned coyly, he had some idea of what her request might be though he didn’t want to get ahead of himself and assume too much.

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:30 pm

As Shinjiro asked about using the sink, Asami would nod and motion him towards it as a form of giving permission. Though the entire thing felt incredibly awkward, just as he was unused to asking permission, she was a stranger to being asked. As he washed up she started to pace, making her statement a bit sooner than she meant to and for a moment as he questioned her and waited for what she was going to say, color drained from her face briefly. For a moment she entertained the idea of leading him by the hand to her couch, to start explaining her thought process and why she would ask him such a favor. But in that moment she also felt suddenly awkward about the idea of touching him. It wasn't that she feared he might hurt her, it was merely the awkwardness of the situation, and how much past touching him her thoughts had gone as she considered what she was about to ask him.

"You... you remember when I mentioned you and the beast, the genma, being separate?" she asked almost cautiously, taking a few moments before she dared lift her eyes enough to look him in the face. "If..." she faltered in her resolve for a moment again, and felt absolutely ridiculous for it. She knew her first act of this kind was nothing special to her, not like it might be for most girls, but in some ways Shinjiro still terrified her. Or more accurately, what was in him terrified her. "If I'm just going to cast this aside so I can give it up willingly, rather than have it used against me, I think I'd like for it to be you." she heard the words more than she said them, realizing she was speaking without thinking for a moment.

After what she had just experienced most women would safeguard themselves and this part of themselves all the more shrewdly. Even Asami knew that, but in her it made her feel eager to be rid of what she thought was a silly fear. Sex was a tool, especially for an assassin or a shinobi, and she meant to make it available to herself. "But I mean it.... when I say you." she added suddenly, taking steps to close the space between them and rest a hand on his chest, looking up at him. "If you think you can set the beast aside, and be with me as a man would, and should."

And she waited for his answer.

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:07 am

Shinji studied the girl carefully, noting the nervous rise and fall of her chest. She still wore the oversized tan shirt and tattered pants fastened in place only by a rope around her waist. The musky, sweaty scent of the pirate that had worn it previously still clung to the fabrics. He stared back at her, lime-green eyes vibrant, “Yeah, I remember” he admitted, he felt something upon recalling the encounter, almost a sense of embarrassment at his lack of control. He hated succumbing to the Genma’s influence when it wasn’t on his own terms, though he had to admit there was a part of him too that knew how easy it would be to simply take anything he wanted. To fully take advantage of the power he had earned but for some reason he fought against that mentality, small but collective voices gathered in his subconscious. Philosophies imparted from Zekka, Yuuto and even Aimi to some extent. These men all taught him to question his upbringing, to find some value in the lives of others, to treat others with dignity and see them for more than what they were in the moment but what they could be.

He could feel something building, she seemed prepared to offer herself to him. Focussing throughout his body he neutralized the poison running through his fluids, a conscious process to allow him any sort of close contact with any relatively normal person. The lustful urges began to rise again, slower this time as he continued to listen. He smiled very slightly, his eyes looking her over hungrily as she confirmed his suspicions. But he hesitated suddenly when she clarified more explicitly that she didn’t want him to ravish her aggressively as his instincts encouraged, like he had done with Ume. Shinjiro swallowed hard, the thought of actual intimacy terrified him and he realized he had no real idea of how to properly be with a woman. “As a man should? I can try I guess…but I’m really not that experienced” he admitted reluctantly, their was almost a hint of boyish innocence, the awkwardness he felt in any kind of situation that demanded actual affection, passion or consideration rather than pure primal lust. “Also..you’re my Dagger, this can’t be anything more than sex, a favor between swordsmen.” He clarified. He didn’t want to complicate anything or for her to expect him to suddenly go easy on her afterward.

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:18 am

She was more than a little surprised by Shinjiro's shift in his expression. Even his basic body language changed as she made her request more clear, and some sliver of naivety came to the surface of the man's expression. It was oddly endearing to her and she couldn't help a small smile. "Well, I have none... you're literally the only one who has even kissed me so..." she trailed off, chuckling almost awkwardly as she thought about it. As he clarified their relationship, Asami nodded almost too quickly. "I would never expect you to treat me any different after this, than you did the first day we trained." she admitted. "This is a favor... I'm not looking to change our relationship or to have your kids. I'm still just your Dagger and you are also my Sensei."

She nodded slowly as she slowly realized he was accepting her request, and looked down to realize what she was still wearing. "... I still look and smell like a dead sweaty pirate..." she remarked, almost barking a laugh at herself before running a hand through her hair. "I should shower first at least." she added, turning for the stairs. But a thought occurred to her and she paused on the first step, turning and looking at Shinjiro a moment before reaching out a hand towards him as if asking to take his hand in hers. "Join me." she said simply. "After all... you mentioned that you need to better look me over for that tattoo... and after the shower maybe I'll have you too preoccupied to think about it."

She was blushing rather hard at her own words, but a new kind of confidence was coming to her as she slowly realized the two were closer to an even playing field than she had realized when it came to this subject. 'Maybe a shower to ease into things, into getting comfortable with one another, would be a good start...'

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:03 am

Shinjiro shifted a little awkwardly as he realized that he was pretty much on his own in trying to figure out how to have sex without letting raw lust overcome him. Of course, Asami wouldn’t be any more familiar than him. He swallowed hard, it couldn’t be that complicated really, just go slower, be less rough, maybe actually ask if things felt okay. He nodded slowly, relieved that she understood the need to keep a professional boundary. The two of them would be working together, training and honing their skills as weapons for many months to come at the very least. They couldn’t afford to complicate things, but sex was simple, just pleasure and in her case, it seemed mostly a matter of getting her first experiences out of the way. That was something he could accommodate. Though he did consider briefly Chisaki, their relationship if one could call it that was confusing and also new to him but surely this was something separate from that, more in line with duty, training almost in helping his dagger overcome a fear that could otherwise be used against her.

He grew suddenly pale as she mentioned children. Somehow that was something he hadn’t even considered, and the thought sickened him. There was perhaps nothing he wanted less than to ever be a father. As much as he portrayed himself as an emotionless and dutiful soldier, he still had frequent nightmares of the screams of young children, his half-siblings being tortured, the vast majority washing out, never to be seen again. It had stymied his ability to form attachments and closed his heart to the physical suffering of others. “That’s something I can never allow to happen” he stated firmly, his more familiar coldness surfacing. He exhaled slowly, reassured by their roles. So long as she understood her place and his boundaries.

The swordsman smirked, huffing lightly at her realization. “Yeah, you do” he commented, glad that she had noticed it. He wasn’t opposed to sex with a man but the scent of those pirates was not one he found inviting, he wanted Asami. He relaxed a little as she moved away, shifting to remove the strap containing his swords and their sheaths. Holding them in hand he untied his boots and slipped them off, raising his head as Asami asked him to join her. “Oh, yeah, sure” he accepted following behind and accepting her hand gingerly, the sensation of even a simple gesture filling him with unease. He stopped only to place his swords just inside her room before moving into the bathroom and removing his cloak and jacket and then the several weapons pouches and tossing them off into the corner. He hesitated a few moments before undressing further, still wearing a shirt and pants as he watched her.

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Tue Jun 16, 2020 12:07 pm

Maybe most would have latched on to that as Shinjiro latched onto her statement about having children. She hadn't meant it as even a remote possibility and found his statement a bit strange. But she didn't ask him about it, knowing that his reasons and thoughts on the matter were his own and it wasn't her business. After all, his statement confirmed what she had already said. She instead gave him a small smile as he finally took her hand and followed her upstairs to where the bedrooms and a shower waited. She released his hand as she walked through her bedroom, going into the bathroom to turn on the shower and start warming the water up. 'This place really is ten times better than my old place...' she thought to herself as she started setting up.

In the bathroom she looked down at her clothes and realized that as nasty as they were, she wore very little. She could hear Shinjiro come in behind her and start setting aside his things and suddenly nervousness edged into her mind again. 'He's literally already seen you naked, Asami... why are you suddenly so shy?' she chastised herself, glancing back at Shinjiro and seeing that he still wore something. It was almost a comfort, making her realize he was probably as nervous as she was, well, maybe.

Letting out a breath slow she finally turned back towards the shower, her back to Shinjiro, as she untied the rope on her waist and dropped the pants that had been too big. She removed the shirt easily and didn't even bother dropping the clothes to the ground. Both went straight into a trash can. There was still dried blood running down a couple of cuts on her hip. Plus from her neck as well and a split in her lip. Once the dirty clothes of a dead man had been cast aside, Asami stepped into the shower and took a moment to simply let the water run down her and enjoy the heat of it as she waited for Shijiro to join her.

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:07 pm

Shinjiro wasn’t sure why he felt so apprehensive. He wasn’t really the type to get embarrassed and he had been with a woman before, though that had been very different. There hadn’t been any sense of intimacy or build-up, it was the closeness he realized. Being naked and face to face with another, sharing a shower and subduing his urges, they were new experiences for him. Her pants dropped and he found his desire giving him confidence once more. Removing his shirt he revealed his muscular torso, the density of his muscles even in a relaxed state would feel like warm steel to the touch, they had been trained to perfection, maximizing power within a lean frame like that of a tiger or jaguar. His abs and obliques were cut in deep grooves, displaying more muscles than most realized they even had available to be developed. But beyond the impressive muscle definition there were more scars than one could count. Thick scarred ridges in various patterns, it was as if his entire body had been put in a blender and also prodded with hot rods, circular burn marks throughout his ribs, his back covered in lash marks unseen in even the most disobedient slave and so too were his shoulders branded, the right the kraken of the Karagata and on the left the symbol of Kirigakure. Slipping off his pants his legs would be similarly rippling in lean muscle and thick ridges of scars.

The young man was an imposing figure, the king of beasts resided within him but that namesake could very easily be awarded to Shinjiro himself. Very few could compare to his prowess. Asami was fortunate that he had agreed to be gentler and more considerate than he would normally be. Stepping into the shower he let the water wash over him, running his hands through his medium length honey brown hair, though his body responded to her close proximity and soon he found himself reaching for her hips, his charcoal black hands gripping her pale skin and pulling her close to him, growling lowly as he nipped at her neck. Every now and then he would force himself to exhale slowly, keeping himself in control even as his body screamed at him to dominate her.

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:24 pm

For the briefest of moments Asami forgot why she was there beyond the shower and the water. One of the things she had put her own savings into was this place because of this shower. It wasn't as simple as walking in and there being only one water source. It was walking into a small space surrounded by glass walls and water cascading down from the ceiling at more than one point. It left the shower feeling more like a waterfall and quickly filled the room with steam. She was quickly reminded however that she wasn't alone as she felt Shinjiro's fingers on her hips and his lips and teeth at her neck. She closed her eyes briefly and enjoyed the sensation before looking down and noticing his hands. 'Did I know they looked like that?' she asked herself. 'Is it one of the marks of the genma?' She set her curiosity aside and let out a nervous breath and a chuckle before turning around to face Shinjiro beneath the water.

If she thought he was a bit intimidating before, she was more than a little surprised now. She had always assumed that stripped of his layers of clothes and weapons he might be less imposing. Yet she found that wasn't the case as she brought her hands up to run across the details of his muscles, tracing scars and even pausing over his marks of the family and the village. She found herself looking up at him a moment almost as if completely unsure of herself once more. 'He could break me with hardly a thought... can he really hold back like he said? If he loses control even a moment this... won't be as pleasant of an experience as I thought it might be.' after a moment of quiet thought and curious fingers tracing scars, her hands came up behind his neck as she looked him in the eyes. "I trust you." she told him quietly, words meant to assure herself as much as him before she pushed up on the tips of her toes and kissed him deeply.

What came next would be just between the two of them...

Izanagi

Plans gone Awry

Post by Izanagi » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:38 pm

After all was done, Asami lay on top of Shinji in her bed. The experience had been different than he had expected. He had managed to hold back remarkably well and had discovered many new pleasures with her including the surprising revelation that he enjoyed tending to her needs. Still, he knew where the emotional line lay and while he had struck a good balance between lust and passion, he knew he was still a shinobi and she was his student. He would have to go back to his harsh training methods and though an occasion such as this may yet occur again that wouldn’t detract from the mindsets of loyalty, servitude and relative emptiness that he hoped to also impart on to her.

He smirked, pleased that she had been thoroughly satisfied, that much had been quite evident. She spoke of needing another shower and he nodded. And yet she laid on top of him for a few long moments later, it was a strange sense of intimacy, both still completely naked. His blackened scarred hand shook her back gently, “Go on then” he stated gently. “I should get going” he decided, moving to stand and go collect his things from the bathroom, to wash off a little and dress again. “You managed to get the day off from training but it won’t happen again” he called out as he finished putting on his jacket and cloak, moving to secure some of his weapons pouches and the legendary arrow. Moving to the corner of her bedroom he grabbed his swords and slung them over his back, likewise, fastening them in place while getting one more good look at her, “You’ll meet me at my place tomorrow, 10am. And if you’re late again I’ll kill you” he promised in a dark tone. He still hadn’t punished her for being late today but he certainly would make up for it when they trained next.

Willoria

Plans gone Awry

Post by Willoria » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:46 pm

Asami had lain her head on his chest a moment to catch her breath after their time together, but instead found herself losing herself for a moment as she listened to his steady heartbeat. It wasn't a sound she had expected to enjoy so much that he'd had to shake her to get her attention again. She grumbled at him but didn't bother apologizing as she shifted to let him up and lay there a few moments as he announced his leaving. As he was securing his weapons she finally rose from the bed and went into the bathroom to start up the shower again, smirking as he teased her about getting the day off from training. "Day off? Hm... between kidnapping and this I think I had to have trained in something." she remarked, chuckling to herself as he finished getting ready and gave her his instructions.

"Don't worry, I don't plan on getting kidnapped again. I'll be there. Early." she promised, clearly unphased by his threat of death. It wasn't that she thought he wouldn't do it just because they'd been intimate. She sincerely doubted the act changed his mind or his approach to her at all. Rather she was unphased simply because that threat had been levied at her before by more than one person.

Once she'd made clear her plans to be on time the next day, and even be early, she made her way into the shower to clean up for real this time. She wasn't planning to show him out, knowing he didn't need the guide and didn't care about the manners of it. Though one thing did cross her mind. "I don't know which surprises me more... that that went better than expected... or that I actually enjoyed it." she muttered to herself as the hot water hit her skin once more. In spite of the horrific start (by most people's standards anyway), she found her day had ended on a rather good note.

But tomorrow was going to be a long one.

Return to “Water Country”