Looking for Humility

Ace Trainer

Looking for Humility

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:14 am

The small child, 10 years old, sat on the dock, his feet swinging off the edge. It was rather infantile, actually, considering what Shio was normally like. But there he sat. Behind him, Kesu stood with his arms crossed, the faint glow of his body penetrating the mist. Behind the two of them, a towering figure, nearing 8feet in height, stood with his arms crossed as well. Shio stared off into the mist in front of him, not saying a single word as he seemed lost in his thoughts.

Charity, the title granted to him, or that he granted himself, for Kishakisei. Yoru – Chastity – had done him the favor of doing most of the recruiting thus far. But, the next potential recruit had been someone from Shio’s home village, so it made more sense for Shio to do the leg work here. Not that he didn’t have other things to do. Baseko was supposed to be guiding the Kuruma clan to Water Country around this time. Shio had been in battle after battle the last few months, even a tournament, and yet on the horizon another battle sat. This time, for Water country itself.

Kaguya, Aimi, a banning of Kirigakure, definitely seemed to be a good candidate for Kishakisei. Word had it Aimi was something of a principled individual, a bit of a standout within Kirigakure where ethics fell short to strength in terms of individual value. Strong none-the-less, Shio felt Aimi would be someone who would be drawn to the idea of ….extra protection, and the reaching across borders to provide it. In Shio’s mind, Kishakisei was a safe-haven, yes, but also a way for them to be identified to the world as inalienable. Shio’s value, Yoru’s, Nehan’s? Was intrinsically linked in their connection to each other, and the frightening power each of them wielded.

He’d sent for Aimi, the advantage of being a prophet was even if you didn’t have pull in shinobi ranks, you had pull among the people. Michi would stand, guarding Shio as they waited for the bannin to approach. Hopefully Aimi would be receptive to the notion.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Looking for Patience

Post by Golnax » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:42 pm

Aimi Kaguya did not like being summoned. He had never in his life enjoyed being on the time table of someone else and having to rush in order to meet their needs while his own, however small, went untended. As he had advanced in age and rank he had found this dislike of being summoned just as unpleasant when it came from the Mizukage and he had never liked being called upon by the family that 'owned' him. Knowing this, one could fairly easily imagine the sort of emotions he was feeling when a hawk had found him wandering the country side between the Land of Fire and Wind with a message from someone he had never heard of inviting him to return to Water for a meeting. The wording on the message left a sour taste in his mouth, it was too pompous, like the person who wrote it had a heightened sense of self importance that, realistically, meant nothing to him except that it was annoying to receive this kind of message while he was still roaming out and about. He had no intention of returning to Water, unless summoned directly by the Mizukage, until his year was up and he had to report back in.

So initially he had met the message with annoyance and indifference. Who was this Shio to send for him, anyways? It was probably just a trap, some crime syndicate that he had busted up trying to get revenge or a test by Kasai. Neither would have surprised him.

But then again, so what if it was a trap? There was nothing he feared, nothing that could take him down for long if at all. Any bandit or other shinobi that he knew about was no real threat to him. And of course this line of thinking was inevitably followed by the thought, 'what if it isn't a trap?' Which lead to the question, what was the opportunity? Thus it was that after mulling it over for a while and considering the allure of possibility, Aimi Kaguya changed his course and flew back into the island filled country of Water. Being a resident and a shinobi it wasn't difficult in the slightest to find the place that this Shio had requested he meet him at; a dock in a small village called Sho, on an island due west of the one that Kirigakure was situation on named Fu. Simple enough to find.

It was a misty day as it turned out for the two (or more) of them to meet. It reminded him of Kirigakure which did little to improve his outlook. He found the dock where Shio and two others were situated on and, rather than land on the dock, Aimi would keep in the air and simply lower himself down through the mist. The flap of his wings would disperse the fog somewhat as he lowered himself a few meters away from the edge of the dock and ripples would form underneath him as his feathered wings of bone beat the air back around him. His arms were crossed over his chest and his gaze was hard as he looked from one individual to the next, looking last upon the child who sat at the edge of the dock, kicking his feet back and forth.

"Well, I'm here. Which one of you is Shio and what makes you think you have the balls to request a meeting with a bannin of Kirigakure?" he asked, knowing full well that they must have known who he was. His name had been used in the message, and anyone who knew his name would know well enough his standing within Kirigakure. He had to admit that it would take some serious guts to send the message in the first place, and that had been part of what intrigued him, but the contents of this meeting were what truly interested the long haired shionbi. If at any point he didn't like what he was hearing, he could simply fly away after all.

Jutsu in UseShow
Death Bone Pulse • Skeletal Wings
A-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
The user will channel to ossify bone in their shoulders, growing a pair of skeletal wings at a speed equal to the users’ [Speed]. These wings have strength equal to the users’ [Strength]. These wings then ossify further as thin, hollow bones are added, mimicking the structure of keratin in the feathers of birds. These wings allow the user to fly, giving them a maximum speed equal to the users’ [Speed] while in the air and a maximum height of 30 meters.

Ace Trainer

Looking for Patience

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:52 pm

Shio’s ears perked up at the sound of wings flapping, and soon before them was the behemoth of the banning, Kaguya Aimi. This had been Shio’s first time actually seeing the bannin in some time, he was sure he’d laid eyes on him at some point in the past. But it was still impressed, an enormous amount of power radiating from the shinobi. A Kawazaiwa, Shio had the familial dots on his palms. He held the hand forward, fingers together, palm facing Aimi without a word to indicate it was him. Michi behind him would turn, a few large paces to stand directly behind Kesu, who took a step back to be in the shadow of Michi’s enormity. If Aimi paid close attention, he’d notice that despite his arrival, the two children’s eyes stayed firmly locked onto Shio who remained silent.

He looked at Aimi for a moment, letting Aimi’s words ring between them.His tone was a little disrespectful, he didn’t like that. Shio’s sect was small, but he was still a respected member of the Kawazaiwa family, Shio, born of house Mistaki, bled of house Kawazaiwa.”, he finally offered. ”My children, Kesu and Michi.”, he gestured towards the two behind him. ”Your reputation does not preceed you.”, Shio said. His voice was soft, but carried through the air unchanged, though the range he was using was natural, it would still surely feel somewhat strange as it carried his chakra with it. Aimi was certainly a talented enough shinobi to feel the slight sense of euphoria that would fill his body when Shio spoke.

”I’m not sure if you know me. Less than a month ago I was considered a missing ninja. In my absence I conquered both Land of Fountains and the Land of Tides, in the name of our country.”, he gestured outwards towards….all of this.

”But…while I was out. I met a few people. From various places. Like us. Strong. Inhumanly so.”, he paused, scrunching his nose together, ”and we all seemd to agree that when you get to a certain level of strength, what can be considered safe becomes malleable. The idea of ambushes becomes less of a concern, but shows of force become more so. Not many can fight an army, but those who can, are often required to face one.”

”Anyways. Concepts like borders and loyalties to villages still exist, but become less important. What use is the support of a village that is collectively only a fraction of your strength? Do you think Kirigakure can provide to you many shinobi that would be of true value to you when you need to use your full strength?”, he shrugged, ”Besides myself and the Mizukage, that is.”. As much as Shio loved Kirigakure, he had a point. He’d stop with that question, giving Aimi a chance to respond, and perhaps begin to theorize on what Shio was suggesting.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Looking for Patience

Post by Golnax » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:47 pm

It was the child that had summoned him; that was the first surprise. The second was that they were owned by the same family as evident by the dots on the palm of his hand. Seeing them there almost gave Aimi a heavy feeling on his forehead where his own dots resided. It had been some time since he had last painted them off, or had a need to given that he was away from all of the formalities that came with being in the Bloody Mist village, but the permanent bruises remained. They were the symbol of the pact that the Kaguya had made with the Kawazaiwa and they had been a constant reminder of his place back in the village. Seeing them there on that childs' palm gave him mixed emotions: pity, anger, confusion all at once. Who was this child to summon him?

Shio spoke, introducing himself in the formal way that the bannin despised and his... children? Impossible. There was no way that the two behind him were the sire of this young kid. The sharp eyed Kaguya would look over to them and notice indeed that they were staring at Shio and only Shio, which was strange for a number of reasons but to Aimi, who was many years Shio's senior and had the experience to back it up, it immediately stank of genjutsu. Of course it was hard to tell just by a locked gaze but it put him on edge none the less. It was after the introductions were made that Aimi noticed the feeling and the sound of Shio's voice - why did it sound like it was right next to his ear? There was a good five meters of space between him and the boy easily and the mist should have muffled both his voice and Shio's. And this feeling... it was almost... satisfying to listen to him speaking. What was going on here?

Aimi continued to listen as he hovered in the air and his eyes returned to Shio. He had not heard of him, but his claim made his eyes widen. Two countries in the last couple of months? This child? Exactly what sort of jutsu did he wield to be able to boast the takeover of two separate countries in that time? Aimi quickly ran through possibilities while he listened. He couldn't have been a kekkei genkai; he bled for the Kawazaiwa family and no kekkei genkai they owned, not even the Kaguya, was that efficient. Genjutsu then? It seemed increasingly likely given the other two were still staring at the boy, the sound of his voice being so close, and this feeling... but for a genjutsu to last for well over a month? Unheard of. Impossible perhaps. He had no army at his beck and call or else why would he have sent for Aimi Kaguya? And if he had Samurai would have gotten involved if they hadn't already. All of this and more Aimi thought about quickly one after another while he listened, a hypothesis growing right along side doubt at what he was saying.

Now a question was asked of him and he had to admit it was a bit ironic. Here was this boy, claiming that he had taken over two countries and had met other inhumanly strong individuals while also saying that Aimi's own reputation did not precede him, asking if there were any shinobi in Kiri that he could count on to match his own strength. If he weren't so unsettled he might have smiled and laughed because for all of his bluster thus far, Shio clearly had no idea of the strength that Aimi himself wielded! "Maido Muramasa," he called out, raising his voice slightly more out of habit from having to talk further away to make sure that Shio could hear him. "Hideki Hirohito, Shinjio Karagata, Nishiki Tsukino, along with the Mizukage Kasai, I'm fairly certain that these would be the cream of the crop, so to speak, that I know of who could stand by my side if I needed them. Don't get me wrong, I get your question was meant to be rhetorical," he said, pulling his right arm away from over his chest and holding his hand up as if to say 'stop, say nothing just yet'.

"I'm not trying to be snarky. You're clearly fixated on individual strength, a strength beyond your average jounin. I'm even willing to believe that what you say is true and that you've taken over a country or two. Wouldn't be the first time something like that's happened," he said, pausing for a moment as he briefly recalled his own escapades just north of the Land of Fire with a certain wild woman and her family, how he had made the ground shake and swell, the kind of upheaval he had been a part of and instrumental in completing. He couldn't make the claim that he'd done it all on his own, but the Kaguya did officially have a bit of experience toppling local governments under his belt. "Just what do you want with me, and what makes you so certain that I'm one of these 'inhumanly strong' you claim to have met? My reputation doesn't even precede me apparently," he asked, trying to get to the point of the matter while wondering if Shio had somehow heard about his involvement with the aforementioned River Country. It shouldn't have been possible that someone like this would know so soon, not after the measures he'd taken to protect his identity. Yet if he had heard it begged the question, like so many others about this boy; How?

Ace Trainer

Looking for Patience

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:40 pm

Shio couldn't help but smile, a childlike laughter escaping his lips as Aimi spoke, clearly he'd offended the bannin a little. He'd been misunderstood, the voice of the Universe did not misspeak, after all. He found it a little funny that the legendary Kaguya, Aimi was so quick to annoyance, though maybe it was because a child had just summoned him out into the middle of the country side and was speaking a bit indirectly. That was certain to annoy most. Shio, prophet or otherwise, lacked the experience and presence of mind to understand some of the more nuanced aspects of life and wouldn't properly understand why the way he was behaving could be annoying.

"I mean, nothing I've been told about you could have prepared me for....this", he gestured towards Aimi. "An incredible presence.", as Shio had gotten stronger he'd learned that when the adrenaline of combat wasn't foggy-ing his sense, he'd had quite an intuition for the strength of people around him. He assumed this was true for others. He'd often been told he radiated an enormous presence for such a small body. It surely helped in his conquering of lands and people. He'd meant it as a compliment, truly.

"Hirohito Hideki hides in his lab, the genma hosts come with leashes, and from my glancing experience with that bloody witch she's less than reliable.", it seemed Shio was less than pleased with the state of powers currently sitting in Kirigakure. Or at least he didn't trust them. No surprise the boy had inadvertently built an army. "You see what I mean. And are any of them available at your beck and call? The title of bannin takes you far, but the Mizukage is the Mizukage after all.", he said casually. Making a motion with his head, Kesu stepped forward. It would be at the moment Aimi would be able notice that the boy didn't touch the ground. In fact, he simply floated forward through the air, the fog pushed back by the faint glow off his skin. Handing forward a book, Aimi would likely notice it as a bingo book. "You've seen this before. Almost every name in that book matches us in strength. Some of them....more.", Shio's mind went to the Mizukage, and to the...beast he witnessed in the Land of Iron.

"I'm a part of an organization that helps to correct this. We offer security. In the most informal of manners. We offer each other loyalty. Maybe call it a safety. And a little bit of a deterrent to others. The names in that book pride themselves on their individual strength, and like many of the names that preceded them, they'll fall one day because of that. I have no intention of going that way. I'm wondering which side you fall on...if you've got the humility.", he shrugged. It was a little bit of a taunt, he imagined Yoru likely handled these situations with a little bit more care. But Shio lacked that tact, or maybe he just didn't feel it was necessary.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Looking for Patience

Post by Golnax » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:30 pm

This Shio was doing an excellent job of painting himself for the bannin. For all of his confidence and eerie abilities his lack of worldly experience was showing. Why would anyone who had such experience, after all, insinuate that they were part of a larger organization and that said organization was looking to recruit him? True it hadn't been said in so many words, but the mention of an organization that was fixated on the BINGO book, summoning him here, making a point to tell Aimi how powerful he was; it all loudly proclaimed that he hadn't thought of the possibility that the shirtless ninja might turn on him before he agreed to anything. That or, worse yet, that the boy believed with absolute certainty that even if he did he could take him in a fight. Aimi wasn't sure which was more gut turning.

"Unless I've mistaken my ranking yes, it does mean that," he replied in kind. "As bannin, my authority in Kirigakure ends just short of the Mizukage. If I say jump the ninja ask me how high. It's that or risk dying anyway," he said with a shrug. An evident fact of life in the Bloody Mist village that Shio should have known, or perhaps he was too young and... perhaps too powerful to be aware of that fact. From the looks of him Aimi would guess he couldn't be any older than twelve and if his claims were to truly be believed, it was difficult not to compare his own relative strength at that age to a child who was claiming to have conquered nations. The very idea hurt his pride a bit, irrational though the comparison might have been given the age difference.

As the BINGO book was held up and its' contents explained as well as the organization that Shio represented given more description, Aimi couldn't help but scoff. He extended his right hand, channeled katon chakra into it, visible by the warm orange glow, and then snapped his fingers before setting a corner of the book alight with fire that quickly began to burn through the pages of the book held in the boys' hand, ravenous as fire always was. "In my experience, the strength of those listed in the BINGO book are often gravely miscalculated," he declared. "It only ever paints a broad picture with known information about the people listed and that knowledge is lacking. My entry, for example. It's been a while since I read it but let me see if I have the gist of it right; Taijutsu specialist, Kaguya Kekkei Genkai of course, quite capable with a longsword, user of Iaido style and Strong Fist, S-ranked shinobi, katon ninjutsu focus. Sounds about right, doesn't it?" he asked rhetorically before continuing.

"That doesn't account for any number of unknowns like specific jutsu, temperament, battle experience, tactics, or any other number of things. Because of this I find the BINGO book to be fairly useless, which begs the question; what makes you think that any name in there actually matches me in relative strength, and why does your organization care in the first place? What are you, bounty hunters with a focus on recruiting the most dangerous names from the book of bounties you use?" Obviously Aimi was beginning to get more than annoyed. It was a lot of things that were setting him on edge right now but more than anything he wasn't liking how Shio was dancing around the point. This boy before him was unsettling in his unknowns but what Aimi did know about him wasn't exactly setting him on the path of liking him. He still hadn't entirely ruled out that he wasn't making this offer because Kasai ordered him to after all. The possibility that this was an elaborate test of his loyalty was still very real in the Kaguya's mind.

"Last chance: Get to the point or I'm leaving. I've got a deadline to meet in case you weren't aware and I can't afford to waste my time on things that aren't of interest to me."

Jutsu UsedShow
Katon • Pin-point
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
The user channels their katon chakra into their finger tips. Then, with a snap of their fingers, the user ignites a small area up to a 1x1x1 meter area in size in flames. An instant before the ignition, there is a small 'ember' of flame that indicates where the bloom of flame will erupt. This flame lasts for only an instant and quickly dissipates after burning. The flame and ember appear with [Speed] equal to the users' [Control] and has [Strength] equal to the users' [Control]. The user can perform this jutsu at a range of 10 meters.

Ace Trainer

Looking for Patience

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:53 pm

Shio gave a look of genuine disbelief at Aimi statement, "I'm 10 and even I know that's untrue. You're naive if you think Hideki, Shiv, or Maido will answer because you said so. All three of them are notoriously self-driven. Perhaps its a prerequisite being named Bannin in our village.", this was obviously a dig at Aimi to some degree. Maybe Shio wasn't very good at this at all. Taking shots at Aimi in this situation wasn't an intelligent thing to do, whether for his personal goals for the shinobi, or for what might happen if Aimi took the insults a bit too seriously. The idea sat in the back of his mind, perhaps he needed to be more careful, not need to put the children in danger.

Kesu seemed unphased by the book burning in his hand, and as the burning ash reached his hands the flames would turn white, sitting in his palm, calming, and then suddenly vanishing into nothing. The boy was starting to get control over it, it appeared.

"Take it as you will. If you think none of the names in that book match your strength....or that there are those out there who aren't in there that don't exceed ours, then you have no need for safety. But I think we all know there is strength in numbers.", Aimi's impatience was showing though, so Shio shook his head. "You're looking for an alterior motive. There isn't one. Exactly what I just said is all there is to it. People of our stature garner a certain level of attention, and with that attention comes a level of risk that merits hedging your bets to some degree.". Shio took this moment to look back at Michi, somewhat sympathetically. Indirectly, the giant pink hair boy represented what Shio was talking about in many ways. He was easily the strongest in his little village, the only one with a gift, and yet the children ganged up on him and bullied him. Aimi surely wouldn't get bullied, nor would Shio, but there was an upper limit to everyone. Shio thought himself a god and even he knew that he needed contingencies to his survival.

"No bounties. No missions. No larger goal or plot.", this was true. Shio had no fantasy of this organization becoming some peacekeeping organization, or conquering the world. He'd met with Yoru only a few times since electing to join together, they did little to discuss their plans or objectives. They were just insurance for each other. Though, in their last meeting Yoru had mentioned an interest in a plant clan in Suna. Though he hadn't expanded on it much, Shio had gotten the idea it was more than just an inkling.

"But, as many of us from Kiri do, I take it you have aspirations larger than you might admit. And big goals often require support, sometimes support the village can't....or won't offer. Theres seriously nothing more than that. You do what you want, I do what I want, as do the others. And if it so happens that one of us needs help, we're a kai away.", he wiggled his finger, showing a ring that would glisten unnaturally. "And if it's known that we're all loosely connected, the weight of our words becomes that much heavier." what would it take to convince Aimi he was being honest?
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Looking for Patience

Post by Golnax » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:31 pm

Now Shio had Aimi here, even if the Kaguya didn't realize it. By mentioning Shiv, someone that Aimi had neglected to mention (because he had forgotten about him!), it poked a hole in his claim that anyone in Kirigakure would jump to his beck and call. The truth of the matter was Aimi was unaware that Hideki and Maido both were bannin just like him, and thus had no obligation to listen to his orders any more than he did theirs! Such was his purposeful ignorance and forgetful nature that, from time to time, he inadvertently made a fool of himself! "Self-driven you say? Well, if you say so..." he simply mused, reaching up and rubbing his cheek with a finger as he continued to listen to what Shio had to say. And of course, the young country dominator just had to touch on something that he didn't know enough about without realizing it.

For this was the first time the two of them had met, and yet, at the mention of having aspirations larger than what a village would allow, memories flashed in his mind of what he had seen in Konohagakure, in Kumogakure, of his time with Katsu and her family, the painful thoughts and troubling questions he had actively repressed and purged with violence. Even now he would not say it, but Shio was right; under and behind everything that Aimi Kaguya had taken for granted, something terrible was growing. A seed which would not be burned away by violence or any amount of bloodshed. He dare not even think it, but Shio was right; there were things he wanted to do that the village would never allow.

For several moments he was quiet as if to mull the words over. In truth he was just trying to keep his own mind quiet. At this point in time, Aimi was well on the path of where it was he would eventually lgo even if he didn't realize it. As he wandered the world, as he garnered more and more strength seemingly without limit, as he created jutsu of unparalleled destruction in secret and in hiding... the thought of others of similar strength to his own coming to his aid, minding their own business unless he needed them to get involved and most importantly not coming after him... even if he didn't believe in his heart of hearts that anyone could yet match him in power, for he had never met a shinobi who could yet, he'd be lying if he were to claim that having people like himself 'loosely associated', as Shio had put it, was oddly comforting.

It helped that he seemed quiet sincere. Even if his own abilities were still an unknown threat potentially.

"Let's say that I believe you. Let's say that I'm interested. What then, huh? I agree to join your little club and what, I get a fancy ring like that?" he asked, gesturing towards Shio with a general wave of his hand. "You can't expect me to believe that you don't expect me to prove myself in some way. The BINGO book is an unreliable source, remember? What do you want me to do in order to get this... protection?" he asked. As he spoke he leaned his body forward and began to slowly advance towards the dock. He was getting tired of being so far away and still hearing the boy as if he were right next to his ear. It occurred to him that he might be under some kind of genjutsu, and if so, he needed a way to test it. He knew better than anyone that if it were the case he wasn't going to be able to just kai his way out of it.

Ace Trainer

Looking for Humility

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:58 pm

Shio got the feeling he was making headway with Aimi. A slight relaxation, a little less guarded. All good signs. Maybe he'd be better at this than he expected. A slight bit of relief came to him as well. Kesu would float back to Shio, he feet gentling landing on the dock and a few steps and he was back under the guard of the giant pink haired Michi. Shio nodded again, allowing Aimi to take the time to digest everything. He didn't want to push too hard, after all, even if Aimi declined, there were others in the book. Shio wasn't looking for a large web of people, just a few. He and Yoru had discussed it and agreed that a few good names were all they needed. Seven virtuous souls, as they had decided.

Finally Aimi let a little, and offered a hypothetical, as if he was looking for a test or something.

Shio shook his head though, appearing to reject the notion, "You're a bannin of Kirigakure, are you not?", that seemed to be sufficient. At the end of the day, Shio had a devout respect for his village and it's power. He had no doubt that it produced the mightiest shinobi in the world, he came from the village after all, did he not? "Did you expect me to try and spar with you? Sink this tiny island into the ocean to prove your worth to us, or mine to yours?", he shrugged. "The organization is not some enormous monolith that has some list of potential members. Your name reached me through the Kawazaiwa, I know of your ability. I decided to extend an offer.", he pushed himself to his feet as Aimi approached, taking three steps back to give the bannin space to land on the docks.

"Its up to you whether you take our word for it. Or don't.", he turned to Michi and Kesu, and gestured towards them. Both would nod respectfully -- at Shio, seemingly ignoring Aimi -- and would turn to walk up the dock, back to the land.

Shio turned back to Aimi, sliding his hands into his pockets. To an extent this was a show of peace, Shio had no interest of engaging with the Kaguya before him, especially this up close. He wouldn't survive long enough to even channel chakra, "But otherwise, yes, its that simple. You get a ring, if you need us, call, if we need you, show up. We have a safe house in the Land of Tides, and while I have deep pockets from the Kawazaiwa, we collectively have access to....quite a bit.", he paused for a second before mentioning, "And having connections across the various villages has benefits all on its own.", he tossed out. Who wasn't interested in the secrets the other villages offered? This certainly was an advantage.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Looking for Humility

Post by Golnax » Thu Aug 27, 2020 5:37 pm

Aimi landed on the edge of the dock with a heavy thud, his wings fanning out to his sides before folding behind him. "Believe me when I tell you this; you know nothing of my ability," he said and his tone was not accusatory or condescending, it wasn't mistrustful or skeptical as it had been. It was a flat statement of fact that even if he had heard of him through the Kawazaiwas, they had no idea of what he possessed. Worldslayer, napalm, exterminatus, quake fist - to name a few things that he knew for a fact no other soul was aware of from Kirigakure and that he would have Shio and whoever else was a part of this thing remain ignorant about as well. If there was one thing he had learned about when it came to interactions with Shinobi it was this; the less everyone knew about you the more power you truly held over them.

"So. You have a safe house in the Land of Tides, and this organization has access to fund provided by you and whoever else is involved. I'm sure you'll want me to chip in as well. You'll be disappointed to learn that I'm not ultra rich or anything. I spend most of my money on food and getting new equipment when what I'm currently using becomes dull or breaks, so I'm not going to be much help in finances," he stated and he was speaking to Shio now as if he had already decided to join. There was something that Shio said that piqued his interested - connections to other villages and what they could offer. He thought back on what had been said already and realized that Shio had not said definitively that this organization would be made up of exclusively Kirigakure ninja. There would be others from other villages... like Konoha, who could provide intel and knowledge he wouldn't normally have access to. That intrigued him.

"I want to be taken to this safe house," he told Shio, turning slightly and stepping around the shorter ninja to walk further down the dock. "I at least want to know that it's real. I'd prefer to meet any other member of this organization of yours as well so they can confirm it for me. You've done nothing to explicitly make me think that you're trying to trick me or lie to me, but I'd be a complete and utter fool to just take you on your word about all of this." He stopped in his tracks and turned around to look back at Shio. "Take me to this safe house, then I'll take your ring and join up with you. Since you'll presumably be going your own way afterwards and I'll do the same in kind, this will be a short but important little side trip for me. Well? Sound reasonable?" he asked, extending his own offer in turn. "What do you call this little organization anyways?"

Ace Trainer

Looking for Humility

Post by Ace Trainer » Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:45 pm

Shio couldn’t help but smile at the notion that he knew nothing of Aimi’s ability. He had no doubt about that. Quite the powerful child himself, Shio had learned quite quickly that showing your entire hand was rarely the best move. ”I’m very sure that’s true.”, the child said with an affirmative nod. Aimi continued on though, and Shio was quick to shake his head no, ”I’m asking of no contributions from you. It just so happens that my interests produce a hefty amount of income, which also stands true for some of my peers. If you happen to come by some resource you have no need of, providing it to us as a courtesy would be appreciated. But far from required. Nothing is required of you. You’re providing your name, and, should you deem it appropriate, your strength.”, he shrugged. Shio wanted to make it clear that he was demanding no obligation from Aimi, even if he joined Aimi wouldn’t be at their beck and call. It was just an agreement that they would offer what they could, should things become perilous for any.

Aimi caught Shio off guard when he requested to see the safe house, though. It was on the other side of the world, after all. Fortunately, this little ring could take them there. But it was still an unexpected request. Looking Aimi up and down for a moment, he nodded, ”Very well.”, he said, ignoring Aimi’s final question. ”We’ll go.”

Turning, he spoke in a soft voice that would carry itself out ot the ears of the two children that just departed, ”Kesu, Michi, I am going with our Kaguya friend to the base in the Land of Tides. Head back to the meeting point for Baseko and if he arrives let him know I’ll be returning in a few days.”, the ring could take him to the base, but he’d have to travel back to water on foot. Inconvenient. ”Do not let them engage in any operations until I return. Let them know that’s directly from my Voice. “, he’d take a few steps after speaking, looking out into the mist, lost in his thought before finally coming back to the present.

”well. Whenever you’re ready.”, he held his hand out, charging chakra into the ring, causing it to surge with energy and then project a portal out to their left over the water.

Despite seemingly giving Aimi the decision to depart or not, Shio quickly jumped through the portal. He’d land in a foyer of a building. With no windows in sight, it was likely they were under ground. The wooden floors has a single red carpet bisecting the room. Several tables set against the walls around entries to hallways that lead away from the foyer had black statues of misshapen design sitting on them.

”Welcome to Kishakisei.”
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Looking for Humility

Post by Golnax » Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:57 pm

It was a small relief to know that nothing was expected of him financially but the funds would be available to him if he needed. It brought him a happy thought that he wouldn't want for money at least - not that he ever had before of course. The Kaguya was surprisingly frugal at the end of the day. He listened to Shio's short explanation of things and to him talking to the other two who were walking away from the dock and into the mist, giving a glance their way and debating whether or not it was worth memorizing their names briefly before deciding that, no, it wasn't. If they were under some sort of genjutsu like he suspected their wills were weak (much like his, at least when it came to mental aggression anyway!) and thus were very likely not worth considering a threat to look out for.

He turned back to Shio once he began to channel chakra into the ring and his blue eyes looked down at it as the boy recruiter opened a portal over the water. "Hm. Interesting. Efficient. A doorway directly to this secret hideout whenever we need," he mused, reaching up and running his fingers over his jawline. "Just a terrible shame that my skill in ninjutsu isn't better than what it is. I'm sure stuff like this would be very useful more often than not," the long haired bannin declared as Shio leaped through the portal. Aimi would follow shortly after, walking to the edge of the dock before hopping over and through the portal to land in the same foyer as Shio. He'd look around at the windowless room and down at the red carpet, wiggling his bandaged toes as Shio announced the name of the hideout. Or organization, one or the other.

"Kishakisei?" the older ninja asked, lifting his head up and giving the room another look over. "Hmm. I gotta say, I was expecting something a bit more... I dunno, lavish I suppose? Not that I'm complaining," he was quick to clarify, taking a few steps forward on the carpet as he continued to look around before looking back at Shio. "Alright, show me around if you'd be so kind. Or at least show me to the exit so I can see outside?" he requested, holding his hand out as a gesture for the younger boy to take the lead. This was his show after all. He was just a guest star waiting to be added to the main cast.

Ace Trainer

Looking for Humility

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:03 pm

Aimi noted how convenient the ring was, and Shio nodded, "And to each other.", he noted. The ring wouldn't just get them to their headquarters, but would also call them to each other -- should the recipient so choose -- allowing them to back each other up relatively quickly and easily. He shrugged at the notion of notion of not being better at ninjutsu, Shio hardly used ninjutsu himself so he could relate. Though he accomplished what he needed with genjutsu, so what use would ninjutsu be?

Shio took in the head quarters for a moment. It'd only existed briefly. Shio had established it as their headquarters only a couple months ago following his toppling of the countries government with the help of the Kuruma. The clan was being moved to Water Country, and Shio had named people to handle the country in his stead. His quick return would be unexpected, but he'd be able to disucss what they needed in the mean time. Making a face of slight offense at the notion of it being less than he expected, Shio frowned, "It was established recently. The organization is still young.", he responded. "After I took over Land of Fountains, I was in Lava Country briefly, south of our homeland. I ran into a man, Aizawa, Yoru, who's interests aligned with mine and we decided to found this organization. We both have our own subordinates, or followers, but you would be only the fourth to hold an official title in the organization.", he began to walk away from Aimi, deeper into the headquarters.

"When you leave, you'll see the exterior of this building is a market. We're underground right now, one of my Voices is charged with caring for it. My association with Kishakisei is not publicly known to the people of this country. Ideally it would stay that way, I don't think this organization is looking for renown.", he would continue down the hall, gesturing to rooms as he passed. They were mostly furnished, some bedrooms, a kitchen, even a library. Shio was mildly impressed with what his Voice had procured in the short time. Eventually though they came upon empty rooms, as they traveled deeper underground, telling Shio that they'd likely not find anything else of interest. "There will eventually be places to keep guests or person's of interest.", he mentioned.

"Satisfied?", he asked, turning back to Aimi now.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Looking for Humility

Post by Golnax » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:56 pm

Aimi followed Shio along as he explained the organization a bit more and showed the hideout for what it was. Little as it was he had to admit that it was kind of impressive that it was set up the way it was already. It's cover was a market in a small country like Fountain, it was underground and apparently undergoing renovations. That kind of setup certainly took planning and resources. He picked up on the boy calling his, presumably direct, subordinates Voices and that this other member, Yoru Aizawa (Aimi had never heard the name before) also had followers. That suggested a certain sort of character, a quality of leadership in both of them. He already suspected that Shio used genjutsu to get the things he wanted, but what of this Yoru character? Was he charismatic? Intelligent? Just plain powerful enough to warrant a cult following? If the members of this organization were two individuals, one a child, who both themselves had followings and at least was able to take over an entire country and Aimi, then who was to say what sort of person they could be?

More to the point, if Shio and this Yoru were members one and two and Aimi was potentially member number four, who was member number three? Would he know them?

As the tour concluded Aimi came to a stop behind Shio and nodded at his question. "Yes, I think so," he declared thoughtfully and quietly. "This organization, this... Kishakisei you call it. If it's members are as powerful as you claim they are and are exclusively made up of such powerful individuals then I can understand why it is that you have no fear in bringing a potential recruit like me to your hideout. The odds of three or even two of shinobi of... our caliber," he said after a bit of hesitation, still admittedly a bit wary to admit that Shio could potentially be as powerful as himself. He was just a child after all. "Against myself is decent insurance, I'll give you that much. Add me into the mix and then it's three against one for anyone at any time, right? So long as there's genuine need anyways... Fine, color me interested," he declared at last.

"I'll join Kishakisei, keep the ring on me and... I dunno, show up when called I guess? But otherwise just go about my own business, and you guys can go about yours. Is there... I don't know, is there a contract or something for me to sign? Do you need a lift back to where we were or do those portals go two ways?" he asked curiously. Things were still sort of up in the air for Aimi on how he felt about all of this. There were obvious benefits but it felt to him like they came with the act of balancing on a tight rope. Somewhere inside he feared that one misstep might lead to, at best, being cut off from everything this organization had to offer and at worse, a minimum of three extremely powerful shinobi coming after him personally. He did not give these thoughts much substance though. It was only a lingering fear somewhere in the back of his mind. Nothing more, nothing less.

Ace Trainer

Looking for Humility

Post by Ace Trainer » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:56 pm

Shio cocked a brow as he turned to Aimi, their tour complete. It seemed he sensed some discomfort among the security of their numbers increasing, "Unless you show up with an army of your own to face off against us, I don't think any of our members have a particular demand of loyalty or would care if you decided one day to part ways with our name.", he offered as an attempt at reassurance. Nehan was likely the most unhinged among them and even still he doubted she'd go on a manhunt for Aimi if one day he changed his mind.

His hand slipped up his sleeve and reappeared with the ring when Aimi said he would take it, which Shio extended to offer to Aimi, then withdrew his hand, "That is the essence of it, yes. We all coexist, live our lives, and become available when needed.", he thought for a moment then smirked, "I'm anticipating someone will be calling upon us soon.", it seemed like a warning, or a premonition. Shio must have realized this because he quickly added, "It seems the more power that becomes concentrated in a place, the more likely it is to lash out at times.", he shrugged. Turning to walk back up the path they took, then taking a sudden turn at a staircase to lead them out of the underground cavern and into a market that would soon find them walking outside into the open air.

"I'll be fine to get where I'm going on my own. Thank you though.", he finally answered the question. It seemed they would be going their separate way at this point, so Shio looked at Aimi once more, pausing for a moment as if he was going to say something. Scanning Aimi up and down, he let a small smile, "Its going to be nice, my friend, having another Kirigakure shinobi among us. We're built a bit different from these others. Stay safe, give us a call if you need anything. ", his small hands fell into his pockets, and he nodded once more at Aimi before walking forward down the stairs they stood at, entering the small down in front of them. If Aimi stayed to watch, he would notice that as Shio came among the people, he would interact with several who seemed to immediately recognize him, a crowd quickly forming to follow as he disappeared into the town.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Looking for Humility

Post by Golnax » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:25 pm

Aimi took the ring from Shio when it was offered and held it in his fingers. Such a little thing as all rings were. It was a symbol though of his commitment to joining this organization. All he knew of it was that it could open a portal to, presumably, any of the other rings at any time and that it marked him as one of these individuals apart of Kishakisei. Tossing the ring to his ring hand he held up his left and tried putting it on his fingers, finding that it would only fit properly on his left ring finger. The rest of his knuckles were too large for it to fit around.

Now wearing the ring Aimi followed Shio the rest of the way out from the base and out into the market street. He squinted from the sunlight and blinked a few times to let his eyes adjust before giving the place a better look. The entrance into the hideout wasn't the most hidden thing in the world, but then again, it was a den of extremely powerful shinobi part of a secret organization held out in the open. Anyone stupid enough to come knocking would probably regret it soon. That particular line of thought made Aimi grimace slightly. He was still getting used to the idea of being part of some secret organization. He'd resisted joining the Seven Swordsman for years or the Head Hunters for that matter simply because he didn't enjoy the idea of the formalities. Was that why he joined Kishakisei? Because of the lack of formalities?

Aimi looked down at Shio as he thanked him, called him friend, and expressed... relief? At there being another shinobi from Kirigakure apart of this thing. It seemed not even the weapons of the Bloody Mist were immune to the comforts of familiarity. "Yes, indeed," he replied simply. "So long..." he said, watching as Shio disappeared into the crowd and vanished from sight. He briefly pondered why everyone clamored around him so, considering that they might have been under a genjutsu like he suspected the other two had been when they first met. The consideration was only ever shortly lived though. He suddenly felt exhausted mentally from all of this. It was a lot to take in after all, and he was beginning to receive looks of his own. Without another word he vanished from the market in a flit of speed, getting far enough away that he could get airborne without any issues and make his way back to where he had been headed before, his only proof of having anything happen at all the ring on his finger.

Return to “Water Country”