The Long Forgetting (Lonelies/Trainings)

Aes Sedai only

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:05 pm

The Long Forgetting Training & Lonely Thread for Kazuki Amaya Kazue
Kazue's Jutsu Training Word Count Requirements (With 1210 word Discount):
Jutsu Counts (9/4/21)
E RankD RankC RankB RankA RankS Rank
400 words400 words590 words990 words1390 words1790 words

Table of Contents ~~ Story Lonely Chapters

~~ Lonely Trainings
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:05 pm

The Long Forgetting Chapter One: Hidden in the Kraken Kazue's respite from the mainland wouldn't last long. Maori still had need of her for other things, but of course after so long away from her 'home' Kazue had to return to Masao. There were a myriad of official reasons why she needed to go back, but she had personal ones too. She used to love coming back because with his family she didn't sleep in a barn or lack for privacy. Here she had her own room, her own space, she felt more like a real member of the family and less like the help. But now that she was back, sitting on the edge of her bed, she felt a bit ill really. She hated being away from Hijikata, knowing she might miss one of his visits as he came through the small fishing village. But most of all, she knew there was a conversation she needed to have. She took out the khyber blade from its sheath on her lower back and turned it over in her hands slowly, ignoring the footsteps she heard approaching. Even as she heard them stop in her doorway she ignored them, putting off the inevitable.

"I haven't seen you study that thing so intently for a long time, Kaz."

Kazue looked up and saw it was Masao standing in her doorway. She sheathed the weapon with a snap as she stared at him and simply sighed. She still wanted to put it off, even as she looked up at the man. "When were you going to tell me that I have ties to the shinobi? That I might be one?" It was like someone else was speaking, even though it was her own voice. The words simply came out, unbidden. The question that had been lingering on her mind since she had last seen Hijikata and he'd finally told her what he had noticed about her knife. It had been eating away at her, even as she slept. All she could think about was how many people had died by that blade, both in her recent memory, and in the memories she must have lost.

Masao visibly stiffened for a moment before looking down the hallway behind him. Stepping into the room fully he closed the door and looked at Kazue in surprise. "Who the hell told you that? Who has been lying to you?" he demanded.

She knew that tone, it was the same one he took when cornered about the reasons Maori didn't speak to him or the rest of his family anymore. With a single swift movement Kazue unsheathed the knife and threw it into the floor at his feet. The blade wavered back and forth as it stuck upright and the man took a step back in his surprise at her violent reaction. Kazue stared at him, blue eyes fixed on him. "Someone who knows more about knives and metalwork than I do saw me with it... they told me the truth. Only in shinobi villages can you find that quality of steel and weaponry. So the truth, Masao. Now." she explained, her words rolling out in a snarl like thunder. "You've been lying to me, hiding something from me, my oaths to you are null and void now. What you say next determines what I do beyond that." she said, the threat laced within her words barely hidden.

Masao's eyes were still fixed on the knife dancing in the floorboards at his feet for several moments as the woman spoke to him and even threatened him. Finally he took a deep breath and let it out slow before he looked at her. "Kirigakure." he whispered.

Kazue froze at the single word, the name of a village she had even protected Masao and Maori's families against at the very end of the war after Masao had saved her life. Her own eyes dropped to the knife for a moment before lifting to Masao again, staring at the man. "How certain can you be of that?" she asked him.

Masao gestured loosely towards Kazue's shoulder, specifically towards her tattoo. "The tattoo you had covered... I had you cover it up so no one would recognize it." he told her quietly. "The creature you had tattooed on your shoulder is called the Kraken. It's a well known symbol from Kiri, specifically the Karagata family. Anyone tied to them, by oath or blood, has that mark. Only way you had it, and wound up wounded on that battlefield that day, was if you were a Kiri shinobi..." Masao watched her for a moment as her eyes dropped to the floor again, clearly in shock and trying to process what she was being told. "Whoever you were before, you aren't that person anymore, Kazue! You have a new life here now, a good life, right? Forget Kiri, forget the Kraken... you've been happy with my family. I heard from friends on the mainland you even met someone? Let yourself be happy, stop pursuing this."

"I need to be alone." Kazue's voice came out in a whisper as she stared at the floor. She didn't really see Masao leave her room, but she heard him go. Just as she didn't remember gripping the edge of the bed, but she could feel the wood frame digging into her hands as she clung to it tightly. Some part of her felt like she couldn't breathe. But what was more terrifying about this? Was it that she was the enemy? Or that she had killed her own people to protect the enemy? It all felt so very confusing suddenly. The woman stood, swallowing hard as she reached for the door. And yet confusion struck, instead of touching the door it seemed the floor would rise up to meet her and darkness swallowed her whole.
~~~~~ Darkness surrounded, the smell of dust and metal an accent to the strangeness of it all. Kazue looked around as she tried to peer through it all. She could feel cold stone at her back, but when she tried to move she could only cry out in pain. Looking down she realized metal protruded from her side, blood running through her fingers of her hand that tried to apply pressure around the wound. When she looked over she saw him disappear, dragged off into the deepest parts of the dark and vanish. "Ryu!" Her voice screamed out, and yet the name didn't feel familiar, but somehow it all seemed like something that had happened before. It all seemed familiar after all. A laughter echoed to her from the dark, a single name on her lips as well, another name.
"Hisan?"
~~~~~ Kazue sat up straight from the nightmare, her face still wet from her tears and her clothes clinging to her from the sweat. It took her several moments to realize she was in her bed rather than on the floor where she must have fallen to when she passed out. Silently she turned so her feet left the bed and touched the floor quietly, shock still in her expression as she tried to understand what was happening. She felt another tear snake its way down her face however as a fairly simple realization came to the woman's mind. "I'm remembering..." she told herself quietly.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Return to “Water Country”