Fluttering Hearts

Nick

Fluttering Hearts

Post by Nick » Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:47 am

The declaration of war had been shockingly peaceful thus far. Certainly some blood would be spilled, some Water Country samurai would be die-hards, and would find themselves dying hard to maintain that. Soldiers had been dropped in several key towns along with diplomats and locals that used to live in the towns before the evacuation. Their goals were to inform the people that Tea Country was alive and well, and while they would have to cut down some samurai, others still would drop arms and surrender and the overwhelming and sudden numbers, while others would recognize their kinsmen and rejoice.

Naohiro had been the first sign of Kirigakure resistance the empire had seen, coming to act as a diplomat, likely actually to gather information on the forces, possibly to plan a counterattack. The counterattack didn't seem like it was coming. It was an eerie amount of silence, and as Heart Country samurai quickly flooded the space of this section of Water Country, it quickly started to become Old Tea country again. The people might have to do something about that name, what with New Tea being just over the waters. That was for the people to figure out, though, not the lords who were there to help them achieve their dreams.

Those very same lords who now stood in an open section of Tea Country. While Warmaster Botan Goda was not present, as the idea of such idiotic dueling did not involve her (in her words), several other notable faces would be present.

Venerable Aide of the Shogun: Sen Matsumatsu was never too far from his master unless off in an errand. The man was not a fighter by any means, simply an advisor, someone who understood and taught the Grand Shogun about foreign intricacies and diplomatic prattle.

A younger girl, Fuyubushi Shuryō, Koshō was amongst the group, clearly a fighter in her own right, but anyone with experience would note that her fighting skill was nowhere near that of some samurai present.

A mature woman who some would recognize as Clanmaster Kisama, Oban, or that others might call the Shogun's concubine, as her clan did not marry, she would refuse to call herself his wife. She was set with a deep scowl, clearly not happy to be here.

One more man with a cigarette dangling lazily from his lips was Noujin, Goro, a man of noble birth that had begun shadowing the shogun only recently without explanation from either man.

Lastly, of course, was Grand Shogun, Iyashii, Fuhen. He held a gentle smile on his face, standing close to his partner Oban, with young Kosho close at his side, trying to hide some kind of giddy excitement at the idea of a samurai duel of old.

There would be a handful of other samurai as well, all here simply to observe. It wasn't every day someone had the idea in their heads to challenge the Grand Shogun, after all, and no matter who won, it was sure to be a show. The field they stood in was likely farmland at some point, but now overgrown with knee-high grass and not yet reclaimed for use after the great war, just like the mostly abandoned town a few hundred meters behind them, houses in such bad shape that people could no longer live in them, and efforts to tear them down and replace them had yet to begin.

They had received a message that someone was challenging the Shogun to a fight. The name was not entirely recognizable, though some intelligence suggested it was someone from Kirigakure itself, rather than a Water Country Samurai, which made this the first official retaliation they'd had. It could have been a trap, of course. They could have brought any number of tricks up their sleeves. And with it being a ninja or a civilian, Bushido did not dictate he had to accept the challenge, and yet here the Shogun stood anyway, weaponless, wearing his usual clothes, armor not yet donned, taking in a deep breath as the grass played around his ankles.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

WrightJustice

Fluttering Hearts

Post by WrightJustice » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:55 am

phpBB [video] Word had returned to the village of the impending army of samurai attempting to reclaim what could be seen as lands that rightfully belonged to them. Word that they did not appear to wish to stand down and that negotiations were indeed fruitless, which was indeed quite a shame in eyes of many on the side of Water Country and Kirigakure.

However the seat of power remained empty at this time within the village and those outside didn't seem bothered enough to push for another full scale war and so it was down to a select courage few to attempt to put an end to things, which meant squashing their foe given the collapse of negotiations.
That being said there was definitely an understanding of wariness over further war and without a Kage there was potential for a lack of true unity in the matter, as such a sole hero stepped up to the matter and issued a challenge that the shogun or whatever the samurai leader wanted to be called could not refuse.

Thus the grand and brilliant Tsukino Nishiki marched gallantly from his village with a small band of fellows, who in reality were mostly a group of tagalongs for whatever reason each of them had; apparently some wanted to keep the great fox safe or even made bets or whatever but that was neither here nor there for it was down to him and him alone if they were to abide the law of samurai.

The journey was kind, gentle and rather nonchalant despite the severity of the situation with the gang acting like a bunch of cheery chums that playfully partied and what have you at the whims of their whimsical leader but as they travelled out of the bogs and into the beautiful, yet still broken, captured lands of old Tea it finally became apparent that they were definitely on a mission as they approached where they would make their stand.

As the group neared and the scattered dots of samurai became clear the tension began to sink down to the ground like a heavy fog, thickening with each step and as faces became all the more clear.
Nishiki then held out his hand and everyone but he halted in their steps as he then truly approached their foes alone before stopping a good 10m or so away himself, his golden etched cloths blowing in a gentle breeze that cut through the hardened tension like butter.

The shinobi was truly of grace as his long pink locks fluttered in said breeze and his nine beautiful tails squirmed with intense eagerness, along with his twitching fox ears and the five small elemental beings that danced around his being as an extension of his powers.
"Iyashii, Fuhen!" the man then bellowed, calling out the shogun, confident in knowing his foe's name.
The group behind the man about another further 10m away shifted with various looks and readiness, the intensity flowing greatly from their bodies.

One was a woman named Karen, she had been there when Katsu attacked and witnessed her end and had to bare witness to such an event and yet had eagerly bet against the Tsukino.
One was an older woman in a complete Kirigakure uniform and even donned a mask, a woman Nishiki had sworn disappeared many years ago now but it seemed she had re-emerged as his, or rather, Yoshimitsu's guard once more. As usual her sole task was to keep an eye on Kirigakure's basic genma host and do what must be done to contain the beast, in which Karen was also willing to lend a hand in such a situation with her own sealing techniques.
A third was a younger Tsukino cladded in a mountain of bags which contained, well whatever Nishiki thought to bring, though he had five tails so was clearly more than met the eye and all the excess was nothing in the time of an emergency.
Further onlookers could introduce themselves if they so wished.

Once Fuhen began to take note of his challenger, the fox then began to call out further.
"We met a long time ago, or so it feels, when I was a young fledgling genin in the land of Fur" Nishiki called out to the man "At the time I barely had anything beyond one tail, now I have nine" as he spoke his tails swooshed in line with each other before unfurling in a grand display.
"There was also perhaps a whole great of untethered power welling within me at that time but now I have mastered it but not only that, I must admit you put on a great show of your own and a part of that did stick with me in some ways" he spoke rather reminiscently, bringing up some nostalgic moments held within that brief meeting.
"Unfortunately my sensei from that time committed some grave mistakes and has passed, not only that but our Kage as well was slain and now I understand that you stand here leading this charge perhaps hoping for little to no resistance" the man seemed to push his words towards an end, sounding more serious and yet somehow more playful as he clearly took the challenge as a serious matter but as usual wished to have fun with it.
"Given that!" he shouted "It is now I that stands in your way and challenge you to this match; Nishiki, bled for the family Muramasa, born of the House Tsukino and Bannin of Kirigakure no Sato!" with that his words were done and he paused with his arms spread gallantly and head bowed with respect ready to receive some back in return before battle truly commenced, though there was a little twinge of disappointment within himself over the promise not to include his title as a jinchuuriki within his greeting.
Meanwhile the genma that he bared host to felt completely sick to his stomach over the whole ordeal, truly wishing to get on with things and start the fight proper and show the stupid frog who was boss.

Nick

Fluttering Hearts

Post by Nick » Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:22 pm

As the gaggle of goons gailey approached the group of grown samurai, Fuhen's smile slowly turned into a look of confusion, then recognition, then a tinge of sadness entered his features. As the man introduced himself, memories flashed through his head of a young wild boy, out of control, and another in a similar state of unease wrapped in bandages... Only one of the two present, now. Slowly, after the man introduced himself, he threw his hakama wide open, the frogs dancing on the shitagi underneath fluttering in the breeze for a moment, before Sen stood behind him to take it off completely, leaving him in only the thin shirt.

"You stand before the Grand Shogun: Iyashii Fuhen!" Said the man who took the jacket, acting as the traditional 'second' in a duel, speaking the words that a hundred samurai before them had in similar duels. "The Defender of the Forests of Fire Country, The Victor of Fur Country, The Master Swordsman, Last Practitioner of the True Zantou..." The man clearly was about to offer many more, in the midst of folding the garment he'd taken from his lord, and Fuhen raised a hand, smiling at the man over his shoulder.

"I greet you, Nishiki the bloodied." The frog samurai said, and his partner next to him rolled her eyes. He turned and gave her a pat on the shoulder, before stepping forwards to meet his opponent. "Your sensei was a great friend of mine, and it hurts me to know that his apprentice did not follow in his footsteps. If there is a semblance of him within you, I hope that you may take this opportunity to reconsider." The frog took a deep breath, a bit of his chakra fluttering out into the air, those pink petals of chakra, and something more that the fox might recognize... Strings of gold interwoven between them, the piece of Aimi's soul he'd reclaimed from Kasai affecting him still.

"His heart rests with mine, and in the spirit of his name, I offer you one chance to back down, as a favor to my old friend." He held his left arm out at his side, and pulled the sleeve up. "If a drop of blood will satisfy you, you may take it now and leave. If you intend to fight for your corrupted country, then be prepared for a fight to the end."
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

WrightJustice

Fluttering Hearts

Post by WrightJustice » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:41 pm

Nishiki listened to the grand list of titles given in return along with everything else that was said, in turn putting a bit of a solemn smile on the young man's face as he thought about Aimi and all the mixed feelings surrounding the man.
Alas the fox did not come all this way only to turn tail after proper introductions, even if the situations involved some matters of familiarity. phpBB [video] "It does still pain me knowing the things Aimi did... However I cannot back down now just because of some semblance of kinship" the bannin said in reply with a bit of a sigh.
With that Nishiki moved out his polite bow and dropped all the pleasantries as he stepped back a little with his now magenta glowing left hand reaching into his back pouch, only to whip out a strange and tiny doll known as a Teru Teru Bozu. As he pulled the doll out it became flooded with chakra and rocketed up into the sky where it would then burst into a downpour of rain that covered a good 90m radius of the surrounding area.
"Of course" muttered Karen with deep regret whilst their little Tsukino butler buddy had already whipped out an umbrella, fully expecting such a tactic and the masked woman stood strong and unmoved by the sudden weather change.

As the doll moved to bring rain Nishiki focused on his targeted foe, fully expecting the others to retreat from the field, all his senses fully taking in the area and what he had even experienced upon arrival as he noted all the possibilities and as he did his hands swiftly began to move into his next act as a flurry of handseals formed as his feet shifted ready to move in whichever way.
With a completed set a ghostly aura of electricity would surge around the man's body with 45 strength and speed, partially obscuring the look of him as it did so with his figure becoming almost like a hazy, spectral beast.
SpoilerShow
Vibration Focus
D-Rank Discipline
Nishiki has trained his vibration sensitivity to a degree so that he can remain focused and not be distracted by every little vibration. This helps prevent some dulling of his senses and allows him to focus past some minor things that would otherwise be too much, making it easier to tell the difference between lower level conflicting vibrations.

Ambidexterity
D-Ranked Discipline
After extensive practice and training the character has gained equal strength and skill between their two hands. This allows them to perform any action with either hand at exactly the same skill level and strength.

*[Zantou • Winter River Flows]
D-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
The physical training and mental focus encouraged by Zantou allows for the practitioner to adapt quickly and take advantage of opportunities to attack when they present themselves in combat. This Discipline represents the practitioner's ability to alter the direction of their blade mid-cut. This can be used to work around a block, or simply to act as a powerful feint and strike all in the same motion without stopping. This Discipline can make a Zantou practitioner’s movements difficult to predict in a fight.

Clear Vibration Focus
C-Rank Discipline
Nishiki has trained his vibration sensitivity to a degree so that he can remain focused and not be distracted by every little vibration. This helps prevent some dulling of his senses and allows him to focus past some small to minor things that would otherwise be too much, making it easier to tell the difference between lower level conflicting vibrations to a strong degree.

Area Awareness
C-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Nishiki has trained his sense of spatial awareness so that he can not only constantly remain vigilant of what is around him with great skill, but is also able to expand it further so that details of his surrounding environment come to him naturally and easily. This means he can more easily figure out the space he can manoeuvre and generally work in, even in wide areas which is particularly useful for using wide scoping jutsu and kinesis.

*[Zantou • Wolf Pack Paradigm]
Much of a human's movements are inefficient and waste energy, especially in regards to combat. The practitioner has learned how to fully synchronize and harmonize the movements of their body in and out of combat. This Discipline represents the practitioner's knowledge and mastery of kinetic linking, the efficient movement and transferal of potential energy from one part of the body to the other, eliminating potentially wasted Endurance and chakra and allowing the practitioner to last longer than ordinary in a fight

*[Zantou • Wolf Pack Prowl]
The practitioner carefully scrutinizes his opponent's defenses and attacks whatever openings present themselves. This Discipline represents the practitioner's capacity to quickly recognize the base effective range of an opponent's weapon and inherent weaknesses in their defenses, including if there are none. This technique does not provide supernatural insight into an opponent's techniques which could alter those parameters, but this technique can be used in conjunction with other information the practitioner has to build a complete mental profile on the opponent's capabilities.

*[Zantou • Polar Bear Conservation]
B-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite(s): *[Zantou • Wolf Pack Paradigm].
The Zantou practitioner has learned to more precisely control their Endurance expenditures through the use of controlled and precise breathing. This Discipline represents the practitioner's proficiency at constantly using efficient breathing techniques both in and out of battle, further conserving Endurance and chakra. This Discipline ensures that only the exact amount of energy needed for each movement is expended, not a single iota more. This allows the Zantou fighter to endure and persist in battle long after other fighters would have passed out. This Discipline also allows the practitioner to function normally in oxygen-deprived environments, such as very high altitudes and vacuums. The practitioner can hold their breath on-demand for a number of posts equal to their Endurance stat.

*[Zantou • Frost Dragon's Flight]
A-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite(s): *[Zantou • Winter Maelstrom].
The practitioner has learned to strike and defend with movements that shift suddenly and ferociously. This Discipline represents the practitioner's knowledge and mastery of movement and muscle control, to the point that their movements, attacks, and techniques have no telegraphing signs until they are already in motion. This makes it much more difficult for opponents to properly react to the practitioner's actions in combat. Opponents must have a sight-based or sound-based Perception technique of equal or higher rank than this technique to adequately read the practitioner's movements, attacks, and techniques.

Suiton • Rainy Day
D-Rank Ninjutsu
The user will channel suiton chakra into a weather doll and send it into the sky at [control] speed, whereupon reaching cloud height the chakra will disperse and cause a light rain to fall for 5 posts within a 10m radius whilst causing the doll to fall back to earth along with it. This rain doesn't do much of anything besides make everything wet just like any ordinary rain and once it has began, attacking the Teru Teru Bozu will not stop it as the chakra is already dispersed into the sky.
[Boosted to cover 90m based on 45 control]

Raiton • Crackling Ghostly Aura
A-Ranked Raiton Jutsu
The user channels raiton chakra and causes a surge of lightning to build up around them like a large, glowing aura. This aura spreads across their whole body and spikes out in a wave of fluctuating electricity in a 50cm radius, jumping out to anything that gets within 3m.
This lightning moves in crackling arcs at [control] speed and shocks and deflects at [control] strength for 4 posts, all whilst making those within appear more like a ghostly figure due to all the glow.
[45 control]

Nick

Fluttering Hearts

Post by Nick » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:35 pm

The bystanders did flee, those who were combatants grabbing the single non combatant and retreating to a safe distance. If the man was willing to challenge the grand shogun, the fight likely wasn't going to be pretty.

Fuhen, meanwhile, stood mostly still. He started to concentrate. His body began to heat up. But he was playing it slow. His own chakra started to leak from his body slowly and his eyes narrowed a bit, taking in the view of the man before him. He was also taking up a more defensive stance, so Fuhen reached one hand up into the air, the bow Arrakoa forming as he brought it down to bear, making sure to move in time with the man to maintain the appropriate distance for his technique, while staying far enough away to avoid any surprise attacks.

Launching himself to circle around Nishiki, he would let loose arrows as he ran, moving at only 40 speed unless he needed to move out of the way of something. A total of 6 arrows would be fired off one by one at 50 strength, all under the influence of Fuhen's Shogun ability, ready to be redirected at a moment's notice... But the kiri ninja's field was likely to deflect at least a couple of them even if its movements weren't up to speed with the arrows.
JutsuShow
Starting to use Forlorn Fighter at the beginning of the post, making this post 1/3.

Hard Work Style 💢 Forlorn Fighter
S-Rank Taijutsu Stance
Prerequisite: 40 Willpower
Upon entering this stance, Fuhen's sweat begins to dampen the air to a ridiculous degree, creating an incredible amount of humidity over the entire battlefield. For the next 3 posts he must remain within 200m, and he will maintain a defensive fighting style, only striking out at his opponent to intercept incoming blows, or keep the fight busy and test his opponents reactions. During these posts, he will focus almost exclusively on his opponent, learning everything from the way they move to the way they sweat and breath. At the end of the 3 posts, Fuhen will understand how they fight so well, that he can completely predict their moves, and even 'control' them by knowing how they'll react to his moves, for the following two posts, this allows Fuhen to more or less completely dominate his opponent, leaving them in a much worse position by the end of this stances effects. Being that this stance is partially understanding physical movements, and partially a mind game, an opponenet may avoid this if they have a higher Willpower than Fuhen.

The Victor of Fur Country: First Round of The Tournament
S-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
This second jutsu in the series makes him an excellent visual tracker, able to control his eyes independently to better follow multiple moving targets, or noticing even the slightest changes in the scenery, whether it be the way dust particles move around in the wind, or the slightest breeze barely nudging grass. This effect can go outwards up to two miles, with his regular vision still being effective past that.

The Victor of Fur Country: Semifinals of The Tournament
S-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
This third jutsu in the series makes him an excellent auditory conduit. Able to hear the slightest pitch changes in someone's voice, the whistle of an arrow over a mile away, or make out a distinct conversation even in the din of a workshop or busy market from up to 100m away.
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

WrightJustice

Fluttering Hearts

Post by WrightJustice » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:37 am

The beautiful rain began to fall and everyone else scattered, even Nshiki's fellows who felt the intensity rising and decided it was best to get further away especially now that the one on one was certain. As it fell the Tsukino felt the comfort that each little droplet brought as it trickled across hi face but even more so the extension of his vibration senses it enhanced, which would hopefully aid the man in this fight whilst others could only wonder why bother with such a rain in the first place.

However with the scattering of everyone else came the movements of the big man himself, as a grand scarlet bow formed in the shogun's hands and he began dashing round whilst launching a series of quivering arrows but not before seemingly going into some form of deep concentration that appeared to moisten the air beyond that of the rain alone.

Luckily the lightning armour that had formed whipped and lashed at the incoming shots as Nishiki began to dance around, swaying in zigzagging patterns whilst attempting to keep his eye on his foe. Though their pathfinding was odd and peculiar, that even feeling how they vibrated and bolted towards him was not an easy task as many were easily coming close with his kimono pierced several times and with a few glancing blows across his arms, his tails and even his face.

It was quite a pickle especially when he slowed down a bit to focus on some rapid handseals, as a result resorting more to blocking with his tails getting lashed and gashed through their whipping strikes and one fully pierced near the tip but he held back the pain with a grimace and threw out a blast of chakra that surrounded him and surged up into a towering tornado of slicing winds.

Hopefully now in a bit more of a safe situation the Kirigaure bannin hastily made to snap the arrow in his tail and took a deep breath as he felt some healing take affect, though he also felt he didn't truly have any time to pause and immediately began to focus on his next move as he listened out for movements and felt further vibrations from beyond his twister; with a powerful surge his chakra began to well up once again with a glow of magenta as he then reached out to the winds and hoped to take hold and manipulate at least a portion of it at his command.
"You are faltering, you know what you must do" a demonic voice then spoke up within, half snickering in knowing his host was nothing without him.
"Not yet" quietly muttered the jinchuuriki in return, deigning not to give much attention to the beast and instead remain focused on matters at hand.
SpoilerShow
Fuuton • Vortex Pillar (CH)
B-Ranked Fuuton Jutsu
After channelling fuuton chakra, the user stirs a great amount of wind around their person. A tornado with a 20m radius will form around them at [Control] Speed, extending up to 40m in the air. This wall of wind is perfect for defense or trapping an opponent in an enclosed area. Anything that tries to pass through the winds will be sliced viciously with [Control] Strength blades of wind as sharp as katana blades. This technique lasts for 4 posts, unless released earlier.
45 control

*[Aerokinesis]
A-rank Ninjutsu
Having achieved notable mastery over Fuuton, the user is capable of shaping, directing, and manipulating existing bodies of the element without the need of hand seals or an existing technique. The range at which the user can manipulate the element is equal to the user's control times 2 metres. While the user can freely manipulate this element, they cannot produce the element naturally where it doesn't exist.

Perfect Kinetic Flow
D-Rank Discipline
Prerequisites: Flexibility
Combining his great flexibility with grand and flowing moves, Nishiki has trained his body to perform extraordinary movements and have extreme body form when doing Kinesis of any kind. This increases the capability of what he can do and helps limit any restrictions on his Kinesis gestures (e.g. Lack of room becoming less of a concern).

Nick

Fluttering Hearts

Post by Nick » Thu Jan 19, 2023 12:15 pm

Fuhen's brow furrowed. He was playing a game of poke and prod and yet he still seemed to have the man on the defensive. Was this part of some grand scheme the man was brewing? Was this a sacrificial lamb to act as a martyr for Kirigakure? His mind flashed back to when they'd met in Fur country all those years ago, the way the boy had acted, his wild abandon and lack of control... At the time he knew nothing about it, but in the modern era there was no mistaking this boy was one of the genma hosts that the great ninja villages prided so highly. He couldn't imagine they'd be purposefully sacrificing him.

His eyes narrowed and he searched for his answers in the man's body language. His arrows struck true where possible, and the boy didn't seem to have any kind of rapid regeneration healing him up as many ninja did, so what game was he playing? His handseals fluttered, and in response Fuhen's trajectory changed, turning on a dime to flash towards the boy, his bow disappearing as quickly as it had appeared to free up his hands to clap together, attempting to Pluck his Wings. His goal had been to stop the boys casting, but the careful distance he'd been maintaining would make that fruitless given the lower rank of the jutsu his opponent was casting.

However, as the jutsu finished casting, the Frog would be upon his opponent, trapped in with him, even if the boy was crippled by the plucked wings. Surely a jutsu like this must have some devastating follow-ups, but he had to maintain his composure. The blade Succubus formed in his left hand, and he raised it high in the traditional Zantou stance he'd been taught, moving at only 10 speed for the time being, slowly circling the boy as he continued to observe, ready to use the blade to cut any incoming attacks out of the sky, dash away at the last moment, or perhaps use his Artful Deflection if necessary.

Nintoku's crown appeared on his head as he began to speak, feeling out his opponent verbally as he did so physically as well. "Did your masters send you here to die a meaningless death, Nishiki? Surely you must know in your heart of hearts that these lands do not rightfully belong to Water Country. I feel great potential within you. The Empire would welcome you with open arms, if you can tell me how you really feel." He gave a small moment to interpret any thoughts coming from Nishiki before continuing, assuming he wasn't interrupted. "Surely Aimi taught you more than how to fight."
JutsuShow
Forlorn Fighter is on post 2/3.

S-Rank Taijutsu Stance
Upon entering this stance, Fuhen's sweat begins to dampen the air to a ridiculous degree, creating an incredible amount of humidity over the entire battlefield. For the next 3 posts he must remain within 200m, and he will maintain a defensive fighting style, only striking out at his opponent to intercept incoming blows, or keep the fight busy and test his opponents reactions. During these posts, he will focus almost exclusively on his opponent, learning everything from the way they move to the way they sweat and breath. At the end of the 3 posts, Fuhen will understand how they fight so well, that he can completely predict their moves, and even 'control' them by knowing how they'll react to his moves, for the following two posts, this allows Fuhen to more or less completely dominate his opponent, leaving them in a much worse position by the end of this stances effects. Being that this stance is partially understanding physical movements, and partially a mind game, an opponenet may avoid this if they have a higher Willpower than Fuhen.

Quake Fist • Plucked Wings
S-Ranked Heavenly Taijutsu Maneuver
Clapping his hands once, Fuhen will send out reverberating shockwaves over a 80 meter radius. Foes caught in these shockwaves will find themselves disoriented and unable to move their body as they usually do, having their speed reduced by 10 for the next six posts.

Convincing Demeanor
B-Rank Renjutsu Discipline
A foundational technique for the rest of Fuhen's Reichou Renjutsu, this discipline means that while addressing a crowd, even if they are against him or his goal, in the beginning, he can read the room and approach them in a way to draw them to his side. This can be done in many ways, such as by picking out individual members to bring over, creating a domino effect, or making appeals to logic or emotion.

Unrest
B-Rank Renjutsu Maneuver
After successfully winning a crowd over, Fuhen causes general unrest amongst the populace. This causes the people affected to be consistently less satisfied with whatever Fuhen has brought to their attention, whether it be the color of the sky or their current leadership. This makes winning a crowd back to an opposing side much more difficult and can have long-term effects even leading to rebellion.
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

WrightJustice

Fluttering Hearts

Post by WrightJustice » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:28 pm

phpBB [video] As Nishiki moved to make his tornado he received a fast and bewildering shockwave of energy from Fuhen's clap and though he easily stood his ground and remained balanced, it did affect his movement a decent degree which was worrying but not only that it seemed the frogman was then fast enough to just about zip over and be on the inside of the whirling winds.

The fox was hoping to create more of a defence so that he could retaliate, probably taking control of some of the wind with his kinesis lashing out at his foe but that plan was cancelled when they were instead face to face at the eye of the storm.
Bow turned into sword and the frog began to slowly circle its (very peculiar) prey, calling out with words that essentially amounted to respecting the lands they stood on and who they should truthfully belong to.

As Fuhen spoke, Nishiki snapped the arrow out of his tail and figured he wouldn't be too hindered by any of the wounds he received so far for despite no true regeneration ability like others such as Aimi he had reached a level were he had some accelerated healing but it would still take a moment to fully recover.
When Noshiki finally moved to reply he noticed the legendary Nintoku's crown appear atop Fuhen's head or at least what appeared to be as such based on the details that spread about such an artifact but nonetheless he was fully intending to speak truthfully in such a situation regardless.
"To be honest I'm not sure there was much push to move against you and your men but there was an opportunity to forgo full on war with this challenge, essentially forgoing a mountain of casualties" he spoke, remaining as cordial as can be whilst remaining focused in the centre.
"Though I also hear rings of truth in your words and the overall movement of your fellows... Even, Aimi..." he paused in pain, thinking over everything Aimi had said and done.
"Which does pain me but I am not certain I can simply desert Kirigakure" he paused as he truly thought about it "Perhaps now is actually the time to move Kirigakure in such a new direction given there is yet still..." his thoughts came to and halt as he remembered the crown and its supposed possibilities.
"Anyway, I also wished to see the resolve of your words, your movement and the strength behind them and if it is actually for the best that these lands are simply handed over without any pushback" he then continued to speak, amping up his own resolve within his own words.
"You have indeed shown such strength and promise behind your resolve but I also feel I can still do more and see more" he finally stated, making it clear he wanted to push to test things that bit further.
"Now!" his inner thoughts reverberated
"Finally!" another voice reverberated back as the fuuin on its host's stomach began to glow.

In an instant a rush of magenta chakra flooded all across the jinchuuriki's body and burst out in a chaotic surge only to suddenly suck in all tight to his body, turning greyish colour as it did so and with it his body had clearly morphed: The black rods in his wrists had lengthened; his ribs had grown and protruded, horns grew out of each side of the the head (front, back, left and right) and pointed upwards along with a spike in the centre which formed a crown-like look all together with an even denser black blob of chakra sat on top; his hips, knees and elbows grow and pushed out appearing jagged; a line of smaller black chakra orbs sprouted from the one atop his head and flowed along his back.

To anyone in the know they would call Nishiki a miniature version of Yoshimitsu himself with the original foxy visage completely occluded by the thick chakra and in its place stood a beast though still even further shrouded in electricity. However two things did stand out different to the genma: the elemental doll-like beings that formed part of the cloak had tripled in number and, though still small, surged in size with 10 floating erratically around his body and 5 remaining around his head; another difference was that the Tsukino's 9 tails continued to stand out, though now bound tight with chakra slimming them down to the bones with bristles of fur trying to poke out and appearing like thorns.

Meanwhile further away from the field and now taking shelter in an abandoned ruined building, the others eye'd the masked elder woman who shifted with abnormality as her hairs stood on end over what she sensed but she still yet spoke and simply murmured as she realised max form was taken.

With the transformation being instant Nishiki swiftly moved to channel chakra with his increased strengths and immediately burst with power as a ripple of flames blasted out from his body, hopefully knocking away Fuhen in addition to lashing him with burns but assuredly surging into the surrounding winds and turning a tornado into an inferno.
However it wouldn't stop there as he had also been preparing strength in his legs and launched up into the air once the flames began to ripple out, getting as high as he could muster and as he did he already began to surge with a great deal of chakra that grew with dire intensity.

The little monster span and flipped in the air as he scanned for his foe's current whereabouts and then once found he would twist to face him with his arms out, then the welling of chakra began to flow and form into an ever increasing ball of chaotic energy full of all 5 basic elements at the palm of his hands.
Said monster would prefer a larger distance given such a move but was willing to take some blowback as he was certain once his jutsu released and struck its target, it would explode quite far and even rip asunder the flamenado that was beginning to form with how much power was going into it.
SpoilerShow
Form 4 Ascended: Having completely mastered the Genma, the host is able to actively and instantly enter into this state and any of it's predecessors. While indistinguishable from Form 4, Form 4 Ascended is slightly stronger than it's predecessor. Additionally, the host has access to all Genma skills while in Form 0
+8 Chakra Pool, +7 Speed, +5 Strength, +5 Control

*Katon • Ripple
C-Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling katon chakra into their body, the user will release a burst of flame around their entire body, coming outwards from them. This sphere of roiling fire pushes outward with [Control speed and impacts whatever it touches with [Control] strength, the sphere extending roughly 25 meters in radius from the user's body.

*[Totem Style • Dragon's Ascension]
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: *[Totem Style • Dragon's Divinity], 35 Strength
The adept can launch themselves skywards a number of yards equal to their strength. By kicking against the air with such force that they create a shockwave behind them, they can repeat these jumps off of the air itself and sustain this pseudo-flight as long as their Endurance allows. They move in arcs, always falling downwards towards the end of their arc, and 1/2 Speed.

Aerobatics
D-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Hefty bending exercises have lead the user to be able to contort, and otherwise control, their body while under abnormal situations. Namely being able to use momentum to better dodge mid-air, and allowing great feats of taijutsu that normally require ones feet planted firmly on the ground.

Suiton • Katon • Fuuton • Raiton • Doton • Ultimate Phantom Beast Bomb; Enveloping Burning Slicing Shocking Endurer
S-Rank Ninjutsu
Prequisites: Form 4 or Higher Basic Genma
Nishiki will form Suiton, Katon, Fuuton, Raiton and Doton chakra together into a single, chaotic ball of energy with a base 100cm diameter which he will then blast out at [control] speed. This ball will then explode after traveling a base 80m or upon impact with [control] strength of force, spreading chaotic energy that envelops, ignites/burns, cuts and shocks everything caught within the explosion The strength of the passives is reduced as such the energy envelops, ignites/burns, cuts and shocks as if the strength and speed was -10. The energy also has the enduring effect of Doton, lasting on everything caught by it, except due to the weakened state of the passive it decays by 5 strength per post until it fully fades.

50 control.

Nick

Fluttering Hearts

Post by Nick » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:33 pm

Fuhen felt the hairs on his arms and legs start to stand on end as the boy spoke, the energy was building, and while he didn't fully understand the consequences, the boy was showing why he was about to come free. "I feel the will of a samurai within you, Nishiki." Fuhen said complimentarily, his own skin starting to redden, a bit of steam releasing from his mouth as he started to take the boy a bit more seriously. The power kept building and building, and Fuhen almost thought the boy was grandstanding...

Oh, but he wasn't. The pressure released all at once, and as if in slow motion Fuhen watched the transformation before him, eyes wide, at first in shock and awe... But then a tinge of excitement entered his face. He loved a good fight, and there were less and less of those as time went on. Perhaps he had been doing himself a disservice in playing the slow, defensive game against this boy.

His eyes tracked the boys movements as he jumped up into the air, and in a flash of the man's pink chakra, his battle armor appearing on him. He had come this far with this strategy, and while it might have been better to shift to Zantou and begin tearing the boy to shreds that way... Well, he needed to see what the youth that he'd helped train all those years ago was really capable of. The tinge of gold chakra within him wouldn't do with seeing its apprentice shattered before such a time, either.

As the [Ripple] forced its way outwards at such great speeds, Fuhen wouldn't have time to fully dodge such an attack. He jumped up and towards it at an angle, maneuvering his body in the air to use it as... A springboard. Trapped as they were in this tornado, Fuhen was going to have to take some kind of blow to be able to avoid the gathering ball of chakra in the sky. In one rapid motion, Fuhen would kick off of the wall of flame, the boots holding strong even if the heat from the flames would sear his feet for doing so. At the backend of the springboard he would twist his body in the air and bring Succubus to bear, the chakra destroying blade slicing him a small path to squeeze through the tornado around them, giving him some breathing room.

A blade would appear underneath his feet at the apex of his jump on the other side of the wind wall, allowing him to stay up in the air to some degree of safety...

But then the beast bomb hit where he had been standing moments before. Before the earth could think to shake, the explosion rattled out, and Fuhen had only enough time to ready his body with [To Spite Your Genjutsu] before being blasted off the platform of his sword and off towards the edge of the explosion radius, roughly 60m from the edge of the tornado. His armor would certainly help to absorb the majority of the blast, and readying his body had thankfully help prevent him from perishing from being tossed about like a ragdoll.

He would kip back up, reach up with his non-sword hand to remove the menpo from his face, spitting out a bit of blood that had come from biting his own cheek in the midst of the storm. "NISHIKI, WHO IS BLED FOR THE FAMILY MURAMASA!" He roared out, a mix of battle rage and excitement in his voice. "I DID NOT TEACH YOU THAT, NOR DID AIMI." A strange stance to take in the middle of a fight, but then Fuhen was a strange frog. Once more he would jump at an upwards diagonal angle towards the twister once more, his long froggy legs launching him incredibly far with his strength, using blades as platforms to hop his way up to the top of the pillar to peer down at the man inside. "THESE ARE THE MONSTROSITIES THAT WAR HAS WROUGHT. ARE YOU STILL HUMAN IN THERE?"
JutsuShow
Post 3/3 for Forlorn fighter. Next post will be 1/2 for the second part of it.

S-Rank Taijutsu Stance

To Spite Your Genjutsu
A-Rank Heavenly Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: Rigid Structure
When dodging isn't possible, and passive strength isn't enough, Fuhen can center and brace himself for impact, using a combination of breath control and intense endurance training. By flexing just right before an attack hits, Fuhen can shrug off anything from a blade strike to a katon fireball with practically no injury.
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

WrightJustice

Fluttering Hearts

Post by WrightJustice » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:11 am

Nishiki's stomach sank some as he witnessed Fuhen appear to slice his way out of the tornado before his blast could finalize, using the superior aerobatics the fox knew him for to hop, skip and jump his way out.

After the super explosion the fiery twister began to die down and crackles of strange, chaotic energy could be seen spread across the area and the two combatants but perhaps somewhat more successfully coating one in any kind of effective manner; the wrong one.

Fuhen called out to Nishiki, seemingly from above, chastising the fox on the tactics shown on display and essentially pouring salt on the wounds of them given how perfectly fine he came out of the attack.

The demonic bannin could feel all the effects of his special jutsu as it wrapped around and clung to him thanks to suiton properties, slicing, burning and shocking as it did so thanks to the fuuton, katon and raiton properties. The energy would also persist for a time thanks to the doton it contained, making the aftermath into quite the dangerous material.

Nishiki shakily pushed with great effort to fight back against his own destruction, forcing himself up off the ground as he began to speak the best he could
"You are right..." his words were strained but he pushed on as he slowly lifted up "Aimi... Taught many... Things beyond... Just... Strength..." his voice quivered just as he did, shifting to his knees.
"Things outside the realm of normal for Kirigakure..." the sound of resolve seemed to fill him as he pushed on, shifting to one foot with a fist planted on the ground
"I thought I understood it, and yet I could never fully grasp it... Even... Even when he rebelled... I... There was pain and confusion but I could still only... stand... for my village..." he pushed on, slowly rising into a standing stance now.
"Knowing some of that same resolve resided here... Resided in you... I had to see for myself and... I have..." he spoke with more strength as he stumbled up and backwards, almost flopping upwards as he now glanced at Fuhen.
"Your strength and your will as a shogun... It is indeed admirable and proves that resolve I was looking for... Though... I still cannot claim to fully know it or abandon Kirigakure for it... But... Perhaps... Now is the time to come to that understanding and, if you permit, take it back in full" his words had great spirit and perhaps even some joy despite his position.
In the past he kept hastily pushing himself to be stronger and fight even stronger foes, for what? Perhaps this time it was a true lesson and hopefully something to take back, though he wasn't particular interested in taking up the mantle of Kage or anything but it would certainly be an opportune time take back the resolve he learned in said lesson on this day.

Internally Yoshimitsu tutted in disgust but his host stood there, still strong in holding his ground despite being in tatters, his cloak shimmering with his resolve even still but it could clearly shatter as he could at any moment as he looked for what the grand shogun had to say next.

Nick

Fluttering Hearts

Post by Nick » Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:47 am

There was a pause. Fuhen listened to the boy speak below him, and stared. Blade after blade appeared next to Fuhen, circling angrily as he was on fire, crackling with lightning, and armor soaked through. All at once, in a burst of flower petals, his armor reached its point of uselessness and went back into his soul. The blades began to disappear one by one until all were gone, and Fuhen was left standing there, a wild look on his face, angry, enraged... Arrakoa entered into his hands once more... And he dropped it from the sky behind him, his face softening, and if one could see well enough, they might even notice tears in the frog man's eyes.

In a blink, he was down inside the tornado once more, standing before Nishiki, away from the watchful eyes of the crowd. "Do not be the death of humanity, little brother." He said calmly. He saw before him one of the most human things there could be, a frightened boy with the resolve to stand up against his fears and face a monster head on if it meant protecting all that he knew and loved. Fuhen's heart broke a little. He wanted to reach out and hug the boy... But he was on fire, and that generally seemed like a bad idea, despite the sentimental value of it all.

"This fight has outlived its usefulness." He said calmly, staring the boy down hard. He reached a hand out to his side, and succubus would form in his hand once more. Carefully, he would bring it around and point it at Nishiki's chest, before slowly stabbing the point into the man's flesh, less than half a centimeter, and drug it down from peck to belly, dispelling the chakra that surrounded him and injured him so. He would bleed from the injury, but it would not have been serious or life-threatening to even a civilian. "Surrender. Go home. Tell your people to never touch the lands of Tea or Heart again. Live to fight me again on friendlier terms."

And with that, he turned his back to Nishiki, walked towards the tornado wall, made a single wide slash that would destroy the entirety of the jutsu, and walked back towards his people. Nishiki would not die today. Neither would Fuhen. Unless...
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

WrightJustice

Fluttering Hearts

Post by WrightJustice » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:25 am

Nishiki was happy to hear the next words spoken from Fuhen's lips as, the dangers of the situation aside, he did agree that there was no more to the fighting as he had truly seen the frog's will like stated before.
The demonic looking fox gave what could only be described as a stiff nod to the shogun as the man released the firenado and moved to walk back to his people victorious with his weaponry and armour vanishing before them.

The fox then mustered what strength he had to then turn and walk the opposite way, stepping through the mess he had created himself one bit at a time until he stood before the others whereupon his form change finally gave way; the greyish chakra pulled apart, turning magenta as it sucked back into his body along with all all his bones and the black wrist piercings as well as dispersing the chaotic energy that coated it to the ground.

Seemingly back to safety the bannin turned and glanced back towards the samurai once more as his butler of a Tsukino rushed over and immediately began washing some strange glowing suiton over his body, seemingly performing some kind of cleansing iijutsu to help him recover some before they moved out.
As this occurred Karen couldn't help but grin a little sly smile, knowing her bet was true and that she was making some big winnings upon their return though of course she feigned it as some kind of happiness to see her comrade alive.
The masked woman still showed no emotion and simply waited for the team to be ready, only moving once Nishiki decided it was time to move out and return with the bitter taste of loss, yet intriguing taste of a lesson well learned.

It didn't take long before Nishiki felt up to moving on and so the band pushed on back to Kirigakure, lest a change of heart occurred from the other side, though there was something, a small bit within that had him wondering if he could muster just enough strength to dupe the man right at the end and kill him, perhaps Yoshimitsu's hidden darkness or perhaps not. Either way it didn't sit right and it was no gaurantee in his state so it would not be him that killed such a grand samurai, not on this day.

Return to “Water Country”