Training in the Blade with a Hot Waifu

Sinpoder

Post by Sinpoder » Sun Jul 16, 2023 8:55 pm

Li was hanging out in the water country, waiting for one of his mentors to come and give him some books they apparently had about a knife fighting technique that was used against Samurai. While Li had no idea if he would be fighting Samurai during the Chunnin, he still figured that having a knife fighting style would be very useful to him. Though apparently some odd stuff was going on around the village anyway, but maybe that was because of the Chunnin exam as a whole, people did get kinda weird around this time of year.

Well either way this should be fairly interesting all things considered as Chiaki usually had fairly interesting books, like the books on how to forge weapons and other such stuff which was nice for Li to have read. That was apart of a longer term plan that was brewing in the back of his head, along with some various other research into new 'dark' arts but that was something he had a very hard time doing at this moment due to him being a genin. He also only really had one good look at the dark arts from the Jashins he meet during the festival, but he didn't really like the Jashin's idea of destruction and death to all things so Li would have to come up with something else.

Li still had that weird rock that Chiaki had given him, the one with the small moon on it, as he kinda assumed it was important or atleast good luck or something. It was hard for Li to not be willing to atleast hold onto a rock when someone so much more powerful than he is told him to just hold onto it.
Last edited by Sinpoder on Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

Post by Kanade » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:53 pm

"Knife fighting eh?" Chiaki said, warping in behind him in a tear in reality. Space and time were warped around the jagged line in the tear, but inside it showed Chiaki's front door. "Knife fighting is something that I should have probably learned for the spar with Shinjiro. Then I wouldn't have had my butt handed to me quite so easily." She held up the two books, "Looks like it would be something for someone stronger than me to pick up, but then again, I am not one for weapons. I am more the hit and run type of gal. As in, I hit my enemy and then I run away while they're incapacitated." She shook her head, "I still have a hard time bringing myself to do any 'actual' harm to anyone."

She shrugged, proffered the blue dyed leather bound book to Li, "Did you talk to Shinjiro yet, or is he being his usual broody self?" A smirk lifted a corner of her silicone features, creasing the face without lines, with no blemishes whatsoever, the facade of humanity that Chiaki clung to with every fiber of her sense of self.
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Sinpoder

Post by Sinpoder » Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:38 pm

" Gods Above! " Li jumped back away from the person behind him, jumping nearly ten feet away from the person who made the noise, a gladius sized blade already in his hand as he flipped over to fight the person who had scared him. He stared back at the stunning women that had scared him and he sighed and grabbed his heart before saying " Chiaki-sama... I know your a medical Ninja who could bring me back from the dead if you needed to, but I don't feel you should aim to give me a heart attack. " The sword in his hand, started to lose it shape become more liquidity before absorbing back into Li's skin through the palm of his hand.

Li walked the several feet back to one of his mentors and took the book that was offered to him before saying " No I have not seen Karagata-sama, he is far too high up on the totem pole to even look at me. Also, you say you have a hard time harming someone. You broke several of my ribs the last time we trained in combat. But ya, learning some hand to hand couldn't hurt right. " Li opened the book back up and looked on the first couple of pages to look at the first thing that this style requires, a single finger draw as it was called. This was clearly designed to use a normal metal kunai from a holster somewhere on their body in order to quickly draw it, but that kind of thing wasn't really useful to Li. As Li had gotten better at using his bloodline, he was able to simply create a kunai made of bone at any moment and didn't really need a holster or anything else to make this work but he still needed to make some adjustments to this to make it work properly with his bloodline.

Li decided that the easiest way to make what he needed was to use part of his radius as the base of the bone, before having it come out of his wrist and fly out at a speed slow enough for Li to slip his finger through the hole in the top of the bone kunai that was coming out of his wrist. Li attempted this process acouple of times, missing several times and even cutting his finger on the sharp kunai as it left his wrist. Li put his finger into his mouth as he attempted to stop the bleeding, which only took a moment or two before Li continued.

Eventually Li managed to get it handled and got his bone white kunai directly into his hand .Once he managed to finally get it into his hand, he moved onto the next step in the book. Li was aware that a vast majority of martial arts and fighting styles normally wanted you to be as effective with your less dominant hand as you are with your dominant hand. This is due to the fact that if you don't you are missing out on half your bodies possibly defensive capabilities and offensive capabilities. Li always knew he would have to train this but he never did, he always had other things he needed to learn, like the techniques for the Head Hunters Squad. He was in the process of joining and had quickly mastered all of their stealth based and awareness techniques, even up to S rank in a very short period of time. Li might have just been cut out to be a ninja after all.

Focusing back on the training, Li put the bone kunai from his hand into his non dominant hand and began to do very basic techniques with it that even a genin knows how to do, like holding it, throwing it and such. This was surprisingly difficult at first because Li's body, while strong, didn't have any of the muscle memory or anything else that his dominant side had so it was like he was back to being a child. Though eventually Li managed to figure this out well enough, after nearly an hour of basically relearning the basics. Li had managed to get both his left and right hand to work together equally well, and after throwing his kunai back and forth between his hands he managed to verify that without any real issues or concern.

Li then went to the next task on the list of things he was required to do from this book. This time it would require him to have someone swing a sword at him. Turning back around Li looked at one of his mentors and asked the question. " Are you able to make a sword and attempt to hit me with it, slowly of course. I need to learn this technique and I need to practice it? "

300/300 WC
400/400 WC
107 Left Over
Learned Kaguya-Ochiba • Single Finger Draw
Learned Ochiba • Ambidexterity

SpoilerShow
*Kaguya-Ochiba • Single Finger Draw
D-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: Bone-Control
Utilizing this manoeuvre, the user creates a kunai out of the radius of whichever arm, and it falls neatly into the hand of the user, the user slipping his finger into the hole at the top. This allows the user to put a kunai into the hand of the user at the [Speed] of the user. This justu is an equivalent to standard Ochiba • Single Finger Draw, and can be used as a replacement for that justu in all Prerequisite

*Ochiba • Ambidexterity
D-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
After practicing for a long amount of time with the concept of using both of their hands with equal skill, the user has developed a level of ambidexterity that allows them to utilize both hands equally and as effectively without any penalty. This extends to other methods of combat or simple everyday life as well.
Last edited by Sinpoder on Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

Post by Kanade » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:08 pm

"I can." Chiaki indeed did form a sword out of Kouton and made it at the ready, "I doubt that I would be able to hurt you even if I put all of my force into an attack, but I am willing to practice with you on this and help you get faster at blocking attacks." She smiled, glad to be of use to someone. "Just say when."
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:42 pm

After the Iron Banner festival had concluded, Shinjiro had sent Chiaki to keep an eye on Kaguya Li as he journeyed back to Water country. He had also sent Nishiki with the task of keeping Chisaki and Nozomi safe on their journey home. Few individuals could be trusted to keep such important figures safe, but he had faith in his comrades. In the meantime, Shinjiro had followed a hunch, checking up on Kintsugi's outpost in Star Country. Once he had ensured the location would remain safely out of Konoha and Kumo archives, he returned to join up with Chiaki and Li as they entered Water country.

Tracking them had proven more difficult than he had anticipated but after some effort he finally managed to locate them. Transformed into a mosquito he moved with the utmost silence and a suppressed chakra signature, approaching through the cover of swarms of thousands of other mosquitoes that move about through the wetlands. Nonetheless, he would ensure he approached from their blind spots and only moved as quickly as the average mosquito, attempting to simply land on the collar of Li's clothing, just behind the nape of his neck. If successful he would simply bide his time an observe the conversation, and if Li made an attempt to smack at him he would allow himself to be struck, feigning death as he fell into the boys clothes and latched on to his body or clothing once again. Given his strength even in this form, he wouldn't be injured and his tiny size would likely mean he was so small Li would hardly even notice the resistance.
Jutsu UsedShow
Flying Insect
C-Ranked Full Kaerujutsu
Prerequisite: Form 1
This transformation allows Shinjiro to take on the form of a winged insect, typically a fly or flying ant though similar species are also optional. Colorations will match those of the native species, making detection virtually impossible short of chakra sensory. In this form he can slip through cracks most people wouldn’t even notice.

Shadow Step
S-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite:[Stealth]
Trained in the ways of an Assassin, silent movement is one of the Karagata family's most esteemed talents. Shinjiro can move up to his full speed, running or flying without making a sound, be it footsteps, breathing, the drawing of weapons and movement of clothes. Even his heartbeat is slow and undetectable unless an opponent has an enhanced hearing technique of equivalent or higher rank.

Chakra Concealment
S-Rank Taijutsu Stance
Prerequisite: [Stealth]
The absolute pinnacle of masking one’s presence Shinji has learned to eliminate his vital signs to such an extent that he can mask his chakra signature completely. He becomes completely undetectable by means of chakra sensory unless the opponent has a sensory jutsu of equal or greater rank. He can mask his chakra in such a way for a maximum of 10 posts.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Sinpoder

Post by Sinpoder » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:38 pm

Once he managed to get the consent of Chiaki to help him, he instructed her on how he would like this training to be done, he would start out slow as he attempted to figure out how to do this movement smooth. What he needed to do was take his kunai and slide it along the blade of sword, and then moving quickly into the range of the opponent. Li did realize that if his opponent didn't happen to have a guard on their hilt, then this would sever all of that person's fingers instantly with this move, or force the enemy to drop the weapon. Though the likelhood of that is very small, but it is possible. Once Li's kunai hit the guard above the hilt of the sword, he noticed that the blade was now higher and Li was left with a wide open target, looking at their open chest, legs and side. You would have to be very fast with this, and strong, otherwise the person swinging the sword might just cut you in half anyway. Li would have to read the book more to see if there was something that could be done about that.

Well, after that was done, Li eventually started requesting it to be done faster and faster though it didn't take too long before Chiaki was capable of out speeding him so much that he couldn't keep up and eventually just got hit no matter what he tried to do. Chiaki also didn't seem as strong that Li had expected her to be, but maybe she was holding back or maybe that was just normal for non-taijustu users.

Once Li felt that he finally got that down well enough that he could train it later when he got home, and fix the mistakes when they needed he went to the next justu in the book. This one was about using quick hands to perform handsigns at full speed with a kunai in their hand. Li wasn't even remotely sure how this was done, but Li also didn't use Ninjustu. So Li did the smart thing and skipped that one because it wouldn't help him specifically in combat.

After reading the next page, he was going to learn this one as it would allow him to deflect incoming melee attacks using his kunai. Though even the guide said that this was focused on speed as much as strength, most likely because you need to be fast enough to slap the melee attack or the projectile away but strong enough to overcome the forward speed of it and push it off course. Li started this technique by asking Chiaki to throw Kunai at him slowly and without a lot of strength. Li had a minor leg up on this because he was used to playing the game of catch the kunai with some of the Kaguya members boys, so this was like that but you are just trying to hit it out of the air. Li continued to work on this for a little bit, but it was very hard for him to overcome the want to just reach out with his bare hand and catch it by the hilt. Far more likely in real combat it will not be thrown slow enough for Li to do that and he would have to deflect the blow. Eventually Li did manage to continue working on this, and only once nearly got a kunai in his chest, though given that he had a ninja near by that even if he took one in the eye he most likely would survive. Li now wondered if it was possible for a medical ninja to regenerate a lost eye? Could they also do limbs?

Well none of that really mattered as Li continued to work on this until eventually he ran into the same problem as before, and catch a kunai into the chest. Luckily Chiaki was near by and they pulled the kunai out and he was healed within a moment. After Chiaki apologized so many times that Li was about to yell at her that it was fine, they finally got back to working.

Li then got to a page that he was hoping would be in the book. Ochiba-Sliding Tree Sap. This technique was designed to deflect an incoming attack using a kunai, giving the user enough time to move to the left, right or backwards. Though Li couldn't think of a reason why he would use it to go backwards, as odds were that he would use it to go left or right and continue forward to attack the opponent while their weapon was in the dirt. Li was a person that was far more interested in ending a fight quickly if he had the means of doing so. Now that he has been a mission, he knew that things could go insanely wrong very quickly if targets were played around with. It got one of his team mates hurt during a scuffle, though they had a medical ninja there to deal with that quickly.

Not thinking about that any longer, Li focused on asking Chiaki to swing her sword at him some more. Li used this as a chance to deflect the blow, allowing it to glance off Li's kunai and falling to the opposite side that Li was going to move towards. This normally would not have done much, but it allowed Li to push it enough that his speed allowed him to get the extra couple of inches to the left or right as needed to keep moving forward. Li continued to work on this to as much effect as he could, as he figured this would be extremely useful in the upcoming exams. He wasn't even sure what the Chunnin exams would be like, as they sometimes were very different from every other year.

Li also wasn't sure if there would be teams or not, and if he would be useful or not in the team fights. Li was extremely specialized in stealth and non sensory tracking, much like a normal Hunter Ninja would do and he needed some more work on making sure that he was capable outside of that, in case he was detected beyond his crazy speed for his age and rank.

After a hour of making sure that he used the right angle to deflect the blow, occasionally miss judging the speed and getting his clothes brushed again. Chiaki's sword was blunt and dull, otherwise it might have cut off part of his skin but he would still be able to fight in theory.

WC: 1107+107=1214
Learned: Ochiba • Oaken Defense 400/400
Ochiba • Dance Detour 400/400
Ochiba • Sliding Tree Sap 400/400
14 WC Left
SpoilerShow
*Ochiba • Oaken Defense
D-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
A technique that specializes in fighting Samurai and equalizing the battle field. The user will wait for their target to attack, and will quickly counter this by sliding the blade of their kunai onto the opponent's blade. The user will quickly move in towards their opponent while also sliding their kunai closer and closer to the opponent's hilt. This will force the angle of their blade to be raised and leaves the opponent wide open for attack.

*Ochiba • Dance Detour
D-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 10 Speed
A technique that relies highly on speed, the user will attempt to slap away any incoming melee strikes or projectiles with their kunai. The average of the user's speed and strength needs to be higher than the strength the projectile was thrown at, using the momentum of their own speed to deflect the strike.

*Ochiba • Sliding Tree Sap
C-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 15 Speed
A defensive technique, developed to fight Samurai, by throwing up their kunai into in incoming attack to dampen the physical strength and disrupting their opponents strikes. Even if the attack is powerful enough to break the users guard, it will dampen the strength of the opponents strike, just enough to give the user time to slide left, right or backwards whilst defending, meaning the user is usually out of the way before it hits its mark.

Return to “Water Country”