[Mission] Idle Hands are the Devil's Handiwork

ultimategirlninja

Post by ultimategirlninja » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:06 am

Miyuki can tell that the jutsu was working smoothly, yet the poison spreaded throughout all the intestines. I better pump this up a notch, Miyuki thought. Miyuki closed her eyes and began to channel more chakra into the patient. This additional chakra was meant to make the previous jutsu more potent, making it harder for the poison to escape. This was a first for Miyuki, so this may not end as well as she hopes it wll be.
IijutsuShow
*Imperfect Cure
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Basic Antidote Technique
Formulated to work in conjunction with the Basic Antidote Technique, Imperfect Cure extends upon the antidote created in the aforementioned technique. Once the antidote has been concocted following the description of the Basic Antidote Technique, the user will begin to channel additional chakra throughout the antidote to make it especially potent. This increased potency not only rids the body of the C-Rank or lower liquid poison that was in the body over the (3) posts it takes to work, but also induces an immunity in the patient which lasts for seven (7) posts.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
Type: Grass
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Sunagakure no Sato Sp. Jounin
Speciality: Combat Medic
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
D Rank Marsh Country Samurai
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:42 pm

For all of her worries, Miyuki was performing admirably and her jutsu was doing wonders. It wasn't long before the rest of the poison was fully extracted from her system.

A young man with oddly pale skin and fire red hair entered into the medic station. After nervously asking the head physician as to the whereabouts of one of the patients, he was pointed straight towards the patient that Miyuki had just finished treating. He meekly approached, much unlike the other men who had passed by the station, and his eyes reflected the worry that was no doubt in his heart. "Mona-san... Is she gonna be okay?" he asked, making sure not to move past the small cloth barrier as he addressed Miyuki.

The doctor politely moved past the young man and warmly shook Miyuki's hand. "Thank you so much. You're a real lifesaver."

There was still some time left in the work shift for the day. Miyuki was free to explore.

(OOC: You've passed the mission's main objective. This extra time is to allow for the potential fulfillment of the additional objective for the mission. You now have 7 rounds of posts to find out who poisoned the water supply, which will represent the end of the work day.)
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]
Inactive/Dead CharactersShow
A-Rank Missing Nin KumogakureRanpu HanteiRyokuSister Peace • Status: Inactive
Chunin SunagakureIbara RubiBourou • Status: Inactive
Xavier: "The brand of loyalty you inspire is... interesting."
Cable: "Hammer nurses a grudge like it's a teat."
Xavier: "Weren't you responsible for his quadriplegia?"
Cable: "Never said the grudge wasn't justified."

ultimategirlninja

Post by ultimategirlninja » Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:10 pm

Miyuki sighed as she finally completed her rounds at the makeshift hospital at the work site. The last patient’s family member or someone came to the patient and asked if Mona was ok. The head doctor came in and shook her hand, and she shook back. Miyuki left the place, feeling great. Yet, Miyuki thought. I still need to figure out why these people got poisoned in the first place. Miyuki looked around the workplace to find out the cause of the problem.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:22 pm

Overtly, Miyuki wouldn't be able to find much. Nothing appeared out of the norm; there were simply constructing various beams for the well. There were some workers who were taking a small break in the shade. It wasn't likely that Miyuki was going to get much from examining the surroundings. Some good worker testimony, however...

Now that might get her some juicy info. There was only one way to find out.
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]

ultimategirlninja

Post by ultimategirlninja » Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:33 am

When she looked outside, it seemed like the accident never happened. People were working and moving around. Some workers were on their break, however. I guess I’ll ask them, Miyuki thought as she walked over to the workers on break. Maybe I’ll find some information with them.

“Hey there, how is everyone?” Miyuki asked when she walked to the workers. “May I ask you some questions about the accidents?”
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:14 pm

The workers, many of them gruff, buff, and heavily tanned or slightly sunburned, turned to the new face. Although they weren't entirely focused on what Miyuki had to say (if their roaming eyes weren't indicators enough), she could guarantee that she at least had their attention. "Sure thing, toots. What can we do ya for?"

The shift was ending soon. Miyuki would need to get answers, and fast.
Active CharactersShow

ultimategirlninja

Post by ultimategirlninja » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:14 am

When Miyuki got some of their attention, she went straight to the point. She didn’t want the workers to leave from their break without any information.

“I just wanted to know how the accidents happened, really,” Miyuki replied. “Like, well was there anyone suspicious hanging around the work site that could have caused this? Or did any of the victims drank or ate something that could have caused this?”

Let’s hope I can get some information from these folks, Miyuki thought. There wasn’t much time before she had to go back to the village. Miyuki didn’t like the fact that she had to come out in the desert to heal people, yet not know the reason why.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:58 am

After hearing her question, most of the construction workers just scoffed. "Pfft. Nah, lady. C'mon! All those workers in there were just sufferin' from heat stroke. It gets hot out here, ya know?"

One of the more timid workers gathered the courage to speak. "But Mona-san's in there, too, right? She's always careful about keeping hydrated!"

The first one brushed him off, giving some air of authority. "Ah, shut yer trap, rookie. Anyways, where's that bastard Taisaku?! He's been all over today and hasn't reported to any of his posts on time!"

A third worker, tall and gangly, pointed towards the main well. "He was right by the diggers last I saw him, sir. It's been a little while since then though."

Though he was simply talking to himself, the second timid worker voiced a very valid concern: "That was Mona-san's post..."
Active CharactersShow

ultimategirlninja

Post by ultimategirlninja » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:58 am

Miyuki just stood there while the workers conversed among themselves, listening to every word. After the talking stopped, it was her turn. Alright, better make this quick, Miyuki thought. The sooner I solve this mystery the better. She cleared her throat before speaking again.

“Thank you the information,” Miyuki replied. “May I just ask you one more thing and then I’ll leave you be? What this Taisaku guy looks like? I think he’s the guy your boss asked me to straighten out.”

With his appearance in her mind, Miyuki may be able to nip this problem in the bud before things got worse.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:09 pm

The timid man stepped forward, the only one really listening to Miyuki at this point. "Oh, you can't miss him. He's a little taller than I with black shiny hair. He's also really skinny and kinda pale... even when he spends all this time out in the sun. It's kinda weird, ya know?"

The timid man also described Taisaku's clothing: a thin white tank top with black jeans, a hardhat, and brown boots. Now, as for locating Taisaku, Miyuki was on her own.

The entire buildsite, which was about three hundred feet in diameter, looked like one giant circle from the air. Starting from the center of the site, which was the well (where the diggers were working), the metal scaffolds and platforms all extended out diagonally, one walkway for each direction on the compus (eight in all). These were joined by equallly segmented walkways. Essentially, the walkways, which sat suspended fifteen feet in the air by support beams until they ramped down right by the dig site, formed a giant metal spiderweb. Miyuki was located on the southwestern side of the site, not twenty feet away from the dig site for the well.
Active CharactersShow

ultimategirlninja

Post by ultimategirlninja » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:25 am

Miyuki listened to the man with interest. Now with the man’s description in mind, Miyuki may be closer to solving the case of the patients. I hope I can catch up to this Taisaku before he does any more damage, Miyuki thought. That is, if he is the culprit.

“Thank you very much,” Miyuki said before bowed to the timid man.

Then, she quickly headed to the well. The time was short as is before she had to leave the premises. Miyuki didn’t want to waste it. I hope I solve this soon.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:30 am

The well was crowded, though workers were starting to make their way from the work site, prepping for the end of the day. Many of the diggers here were quite buff, though there were leaner workers who carried away buckets of rock and sand. Miyuki wouldn't see Taisaku in this swath of people.

However, she would see him across the way on the other side of the well. His oddly pale skin was unmistakable in this harsh sunlight. He was one of the bucket carriers. Currently he was busily trying to get the debris from his portion of the dig site. He had yet to notice Miyuki.
Active CharactersShow

ultimategirlninja

Post by ultimategirlninja » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:50 am

Once Miyuki got to the well, it was such a busy station. Workers from very buff to very lean was doing their duties to fix the well. She didn't see the man she was looking for with the diggers, but helping out with clearing the debris from the well. Then, Miyuki put away her Hitai-ate into her pouch. She didn't want Taisaku to run or get suspicious of her so soon. Let's see if I can do this properly, Miyuki said as she walked over to him. I really don't want to scare him from his work too soon now.

"Need help with that debris?" Miyuki asked Taisaku once she was close to him. "I got nothing better to do."
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:44 am

The willowy Taisaku was obviously shocked to see this young woman offering to help him. Despite his misgivings, he was able to limit the sign of his discontent to a very easily seen flinch. After the moment of shock, he turned his head back to his work, trying to give the impression that her presence didn't greatly bother him. "Sure... I don't see why not," he stated in a grainy voice, finishing sweeping some sand and rocks into his large pail.

In a single motion, he extended his leg forward, rising from the crouching position, and lobbed the contents of the bucket (which was filled with rocks and sand) straight at Miyuki's face. Afterwards, he would attempt to flee through the crowd amidst the small amount of confusion. "Stupid ninja! You should've at least changed your clothes!" he called back as he made his retreat.

Taisaku may have been fit, but he was still slow in comparison to the speed of a chuunin. Miyuki would have no trouble detaining him.
Active CharactersShow

ultimategirlninja

Post by ultimategirlninja » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Miyuki wasn’t surprised to see the discontent in his body. Not regularly did medics and workers worked together, so her scaring him just may have not worked as plan. When he said that Miyuki could work with him, she just smiled. Unfortunately, it only took him a few seconds to fill up his pail and then threw the contents at her face. Shit! Miyuki thought as she did a few handseals. Then they were done, she was able to switch places with pail that Taisaku used. When that was done, she chased after him. Since he was somewhat slower that Miyuki, it shouldn’t have been hard to catch up to him and get him.

“Not as stupid as you think I am!” Miyuki shouted out to him.
NinjutsuShow
*[Change of Body Stance Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After completing the necessary handseals, the user is able to quickly substitute his/her body with a nearby object that is at least 2/3rds his/her size, but no bigger than their body. This substitution allows the object to take the force of the attack that was meant for the user, additionally allowing the user to create distance between him/her and the opponent. The object used in this jutsu may not be objects that are imbued with chakra or controlled by it, and they may also only be single, solid objects within a 20 yard radius of the user. This technique may only be used a total of one time in a single thread, give or take how many times Shunshin no Jutsu has already been used.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Yasashikaze Seiken

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:52 pm

It was as Miyuki expected. The lanky Taisaku couldn't match the chuunin's speed, and in a few bounds, Taisaku would be in Miyuki's grasp. In a cloud of dust, the pale worker would be forced to the ground, defeated.

It was indeed Taisaku who had poisoned the water that the beautiful Mona drank. But it wasn't her water that she had poisoned. Rather, it was that of the young man named Tsuito who had visited her in the infirmary... the young man who happened to be Mona's boyfriend and lover. In a desperate move, Taisaku had slipped jimsonweed poison into his drink to end his life. However, Tsuito bumped into Mona during their shift and spilled her water onto the hot desert ground. In a display of self-sacrifice, he gave Mona his canteen and took her empty one, willing to suffer the heat for one he held dear. It was for this reason that she almost became a victim of jealous vengeance.

Taisaku was promptly put on trial and jailed following massive amounts of testimony regarding his shady personality and behavior. Mona made a quick recovery, and several months later, Miyuki would receive an invitation from the pair to their wedding... with the kunoichi as the maid of honor.
Fin
Bonus Objective Fulfilled
Active CharactersShow

Return to “Wind Country”