[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Kaku

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Kaku » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:06 pm

"So, did you guys get the gist of the mission?" The man who had been sent to inform the two Genin of their mission wasn't the type of guy to beat around the bush. He walked up to Masaru, who looked to be the older and more responsible of the two, and thrust a map into his hand. Backing up to the gate of Suna, he made sure to re-iterate the message to the young shinobi, just to make sure that it was properly drilled into their minds.

"You are to get information on the SOUL GENMA. That is your priority. Additionally, if possible, try to retrieve information about other Genma from the woman. If this proves too difficult, do no dwell on it. You have been given a map," he said, pointing to the folded paper in Masaru's hand, "that will lead you to the woman. Be ever wary around her, as she will most likely try to pull a few tricks on you. With that, I must return to the kage, and you must go and complete your mission. Good Luck, Genin of Sunagakure, and remember that as you go out, you wear the Suna crest on you. Let it empower you." With that, he turned to go back into Suna, leaving the two alone. Upon opening the map, they would see a route plotted out for them to follow, which would lead them directly to the village they needed to get to.
~♣Kaku

chars
SpoilerShow
Characters
Name Rank Village Companions Missions Socials Points
Akinari Genin Konohagakure - S: 0 A: 0 B: 0 C: 0 D: 12 123 3/122
Watari Genin Iwagakure - S: 0 A: 0 B: 0 C: 0 D: 0 0 41/77

Pokefan137

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Pokefan137 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:04 pm

Haruna let out a loud yawn before nodding to the man as he went back inside the village gates. In truth she was incredibly excited. She had been wanting to get more information on the genma ever since she had found out her friend Katashi of the Leaf had shown her his genma's power in a battle they had had. When she had returned she made absolutly ever note she could about her experience and had immediatly started researching the topic. There hadn't been a lot of information for her to go on, but now she was going to get her chance to find out the secrets of what these creatures were.

She looked to the side at the blonde boy she had been partnered with. She had never met him before, but she was always up for making new friends. As soon as the man was gone she turned to the boy. "Looks like we'll be working together on this assignment." she said with a sleepy smile. "Ageha, Haruna, at your service. Let's do our best to make this mission an absolute success."

The girl turned around and sat down on her Puppet Pharoah, patting the place behind her. "Hop on. Pharoah here can get us there faster than either of us could probably make it on foot. Plus, he'll help us save energy for the journey ahead."
Poke's Shinobi~!Show
[Genin * Sunagakure * Ageha, Haruna * Ara Goliath * Shinreishita Pharoah * Kisei no Sheba * Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C: ? D: ?]

[Genin * Iwagakure * Junai, Kamizuru * Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C: 1 D: 0 ]

Eisbrecher

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Eisbrecher » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:07 am

Masaru unfurled the map and studied it while listening to the brief about their task. He memorised the basic route they had to go, mentally noting any landmarks he could use as a guide, he had just finished his memorising when his partner began speaking to him, he noted her pink hair and her smile, she seemed friendly enough, if not a little fatigued.

"I am Henrin, Masaru, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Haruna-chan!" he said bright and cheerily, he wanted to leave a good impression on his new partner, hopefully that would work. It was then the girl hopped onto something Masaru had never seen before in his life, it must've been a puppet of some sort, he stared at it fascinated before hopping onto it and sitting down. He then handed Haruna the map he'd studied, "here Haruna-chan, this is the map showing where we need to go, you can keep hold of it, I already have it memorised" he said, shuffling his body slightly to get comfy.

[D-Rank Missing-NinKirigakure no SatoSaiko Sumato • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0 • Socials: 0 • Stat Trains: 0]
[Genin • Konohagakure no Sato • Senju Mori • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:1 • Socials: 1 • Stat Trains: 0]
[Genin • Sunagakure no Sato • Henrin Masaru • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:2 • Socials: 2 • Stat Trains: 2]
[Chuunin • Iwagakure no Sato • Shoshiki Tatsuya • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0 • Socials: 0 • Stat Trains: 0]

진에어 그린윙스 화이팅

Kaku

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Kaku » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:29 am

[OOC: The journey is uneventful, so I'll just let you guys RP you getting to the village. That's where the fun starts :P You can use the time to get to know each other.]
~♣Kaku

chars
SpoilerShow
Characters

Pokefan137

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Pokefan137 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:45 pm

'Chan?' thought Haruna as she faced the direction they were to go. She hadn't really ever had the cute title bestowed upon her before. Most time people just called her Haruna. It kind of felt nice to have the little tag on at the end. As the boy got seated behind her, he handed her the map, saying he had already memorized it.

"So smart and polite?" she said smiling. "Seems your the whole package." As chakra strings extended from her fingers, Pharoah suddenly shook to life. "Hang on." And with that Pharoah shot forward at roughly thirty miles per hour. The wind whipped through Haruna's long pigtails sending them flying out behind her.

"So, we still have a ways to go Masaru-kun." Haruna smiled. It was the first time she had ever used the cute subname. It made her feel a bit childish, but then again she was eleven so maybe it was natural. She briefly wondered if many more genin her age used the cute suffixes, and decided to start investigating when she got back. "Why don't you tell me a little about yourself? Like what kind of skills do you have? What do you like to do? What does your family do? What's your family like? Why did you choose to be a shinobi? What kind of food do you like? You know, that sort of stuff?"
Poke's Shinobi~!Show
[Genin * Sunagakure * Ageha, Haruna * Ara Goliath * Shinreishita Pharoah * Kisei no Sheba * Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C: ? D: ?]

Eisbrecher

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Eisbrecher » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:41 am

Masaru was rather taken aback by Haruna's bombardment of questions about him and his family but seeing as they had a long journey ahead of them, he was obliged to answer. "Well Haruna-chan my family, the Henrin clan are excellent information gatherers, our doujutsu is the shutter eye, it allows us to record information and recall it at a later date. The entire clan is my family and each and every member helps each other achieve their potential. I myself am aiming to become a master at Taijutsu, that's my dream, to become one of the greatest taijutsu users of the Henrin clan!" He answered brimming with enthusiasm and pride, raising his fist into the air.

"I enjoy my training and I try to train at least 3 hours everyday, once that's over I go to the library and read so many pieces of literature to enhance my knowledge of this world, as for food, I enjoy nothing more than a good steak, not overcooked mind you, there's a nice tenderness about a meat that still has some pink in it." He concluded nodding, "what about yourself Haruna-chan, I'm sure you have an exciting tale to tell about yourself"

[D-Rank Missing-NinKirigakure no SatoSaiko Sumato • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0 • Socials: 0 • Stat Trains: 0]
[Genin • Konohagakure no Sato • Senju Mori • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:1 • Socials: 1 • Stat Trains: 0]
[Genin • Sunagakure no Sato • Henrin Masaru • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:2 • Socials: 2 • Stat Trains: 2]
[Chuunin • Iwagakure no Sato • Shoshiki Tatsuya • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0 • Socials: 0 • Stat Trains: 0]

진에어 그린윙스 화이팅

Kaku

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Kaku » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:36 am

[OOC:Sorry to interject, just wanted to let you know that you can just tell me when you're ready to carry on.]
~♣Kaku

chars
SpoilerShow
Characters

Pokefan137

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Pokefan137 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:02 pm

Haruna smiled. She loved enthusiastic people. They reminded her of her family. The pink haired girl let out a loud yawn before speaking. "You'll have to meet my guardian Waka sometime. He's a taijutsu master. As for me." Haruna thought for a moment. "My family is an organization know as the Rekishi Juu. They adopted me when I was just a baby, but they're the best family I could ever ask for. I would do anything for them. Our goal is to research the past in order to find a way to make a bright and shining future for the world. The members of the group all take vows, mainly to never kill unless it's to save another's life, and even then only when there is absolutly no other option, and to never eat meat."

The girl yawned once more before continuing. "I'm a big fan of sleeping, history, and insects. My specialitys are information gathering and word jutsu. Oh, and puppetry." The girl took a moment to smile down at the puppet they were both sitting on. "And my favorite food would have to be fruit. All fruit. I love every kind of fruit that has ever existed. They are one of my great passions." Haruna took a moment to stare somewhat into the distance as melons and cherries danced before her eyes. As she shook herself out of her fruity fantasy she started to see some shapes over the horizon. "Is that the place where we're going?"
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Eisbrecher

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Eisbrecher » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:24 am

Masaru listen diligently as Haruna told him about herself, he was shocked at the fact they weren't allowed to eat meat. He'd always considered meat a necessary delicacy for a healthy diet as well as a good source of protein to promote growth but he decided to not mention this to Haruna. After all everyone had their own little traditions and Masaru liked to respect those traditions.

He hadn't been paying attention to their journey once he'd started getting to know Haruna a little bit and was jerked back into reality as Haruna asked whether if they were nearly there and indicating some buildings. "Yes I do believe it is Haruna-chan" he replied staring at the buildings intently.

진에어 그린윙스 화이팅

Kaku

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Kaku » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:56 am

Indeed, the two Genin had reached the village, and upon entering, would notice the bustling market. It was the middle of the day, and on a nice day such as this, all the villagers were out doing their shopping. With their map in hand, finding the lady's house wouldn't be a problem for the two Genin.

[OOC: The map has directions to the lady's house.]
~♣Kaku

chars
SpoilerShow
Characters

Pokefan137

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Pokefan137 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:59 pm

Pharoah slowed to a hault as the pair maid their way into town. Haruna lightly stepped off the puppet before walking forward with Pharoah walking beside her under her control. The entire town was filled with stalls and businesses of every shape and size, which made Haruna smile. She would have to check out their wares after the mission was done.

"Think it would be a good idea to stop for lunch after the mission?" asked Haruna to Masaru as they made their ways through the streets. Haruna occasionally looked at the map, trying to find her way through all the hustle and bustle towards their destination.
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Eisbrecher

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Eisbrecher » Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:59 am

Masaru nodded at Haruna, "this mission should be our priority, these genma are incredibly powerful creatures from what I have heard. This information is vital for Sunagakure, imagine if this genma attacked our village and we knew nothing of it's abilities, people would be dying left, right and centre." He spoke calmly to Haruna yet still hopefully drilling the point into her that this mission didn't just benefit the library but Suna itself. In his head he was already planning his approach to the discussion and how the info would be noted. It was then he noticed a sudden right turn the two were supposed to make.

He grabbed Haruna's arm gently and tugged it, "this way Haruna-chan" he said pointing to the path to the right.

진에어 그린윙스 화이팅

Kaku

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Kaku » Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:35 pm

[OOC: I'm going forward as though you guys reached the house, k?]

Upon reaching the house, the two would find two, rather large men armed with spears at the door. They seemed to be guarding it. Maybe if they asked them for the lady they'd be able to go in?
~♣Kaku

chars
SpoilerShow
Characters

Pokefan137

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Pokefan137 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:00 pm

Haruna stood staring at the guards as they arrived at the door. The map was still spread out in her hands, but for some reason she just stood there. Staring. For a loooooooong time with her sleepy eyes. Eventually she decided to speak.

"We're here to see the woman at this recidence. May we come in?"

The girl continued staring into the eyes of the guard. No hostility. No sadness. Just staring with her sleepy eyes. Watching them. Looking at them, almost seeming to look into their souls. Why was she doing this? Only one thought was on her mind.

'I wonder if their biceps are bigger than my head...'
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Eisbrecher

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Eisbrecher » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:35 am

Masaru bowed to the guards as Haruna spoke, he was sure to show no hostility to the guards, all he did was wait for their response.

진에어 그린윙스 화이팅

Kaku

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Kaku » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:38 am

As the two heard the little Genin speak, they looked over to each other, and without warning, attacked the young'ns, launching themselves at the kids with a speed that should've been impossible to achieve with their body size. However, before they could connect with their tackles, the door creaked open, and a single hand poked out, beckoning for the people outside to come in. Immediately adjusting, the guards, with flustered looks on their faces, apologized and showed the kids the way in.

Once inside, the Genin were led to a main lobby area, and left by the guards. The lobby was a rather huge circular thing, with one entrance and one exit, which had both been sealed. A few moments after they had been led in, a voice boomed out from the speakers which surrounded them.

"SO, WHAT IS IT YOU SEEK FROM THE LADY OF THE HOUSE!?"

The voice had a very monotonous feel about it, as though it was a machine that was speaking.
~♣Kaku

chars
SpoilerShow
Characters

Pokefan137

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Pokefan137 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:07 pm

A blur. That's all Haruna registered as the two men started to attack them. She was still lost in contemplating their bicep size compared to her head, yet befor she knew i the guards were moving for an assault, and before she could actually react, the assault stopped leaving her wondering if she had dozed off for a moment and had a weird dream. A hand slowly waved the two inside, leaving the guards to apologize as Haruna and her puppet walked past them.

'Ninety percent chance that their biceps are bigger than my head. Final answer.'

As she walked into the lobby, she looked around noting the decor, trying to get a feeling for what type of person they might be dealing with. As she contemplated the things she saw a loud voice boomed over the intercom surrounding the room asking their desire. It didn't sound very emotional, but perhaps they were just tired.

"We seek to learn of the creatures known as genma from the venerable resident of this house." said Haruna. "We have heard great things of her wisdom and knowledge, and come humbly to ask her assistance in our quest for information." It was always good to start with the humble approach when going near people of great wisdom. Especially if you want something from them. That way if they liked it you could go with it and if they were the type who disliked humility you could move on to a more fun and casual manner.
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Eisbrecher

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Eisbrecher » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:43 pm

Masaru did not do much as Haruna answered before he himself did. He didn't feel that Haruna approached the question particularly well but it was too late for him to mention this. He looked around the building cautiously noting only two doors, both of which were sealed before waiting for the answer from the voice.

진에어 그린윙스 화이팅

Gabriel

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Gabriel » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:45 am

((Ooc: Taking Over))

The voice boomed from the speakers yet again, but now the voice was not so loud and monotonous as it was creepy.

"You seek to learn of the genma? He he he, and why do wish to learn this knowledge? What makes you think i have this knowledge? And even if I do, why should I provide it?"

As the questions went on the voice got quite and closer until suddenly a door opened up in the sodden wall, a door that was secret and only those who knew the secret would be able to enter through the door that now closed behind the old lady.

As soon as the old lady entered the room the two genin now occupied she slowly made her way over to a table that was near a wall, taking a seat on one side and gesturing for the younglings to seat opposite of her, while at the same time commanding her bully boys to go stand outside and make sure they were not disturbed.

Once the genin were seated she would begin.

"Answer my questions, and then answer anymore I may ask and you may find what you seek. Tell me what you wish the knowledge for and what you intend to do with it, tell me the truth and nothing but the truth and you may find what you seek. But lie to me and I will know and what you seek will be lost."

What she said seemed so fantastic but the look in her eyes said that she spoke nothing but the truth and expected her visitors to do the same.

SpoilerShow
Primary CharacterShow
Yoshikuni, Soujiro
  • Missions
  • Socials
Secondary CharacterShow
Areno, Ki
  • Missions
    • D:
    • C:
  • Socials
Inactive CharactersShow
In memory of the DeadShow
Those Who Have Died
CharacterDate of DeathTopic
Alviran, Leonardo05.22.10Your rights versus my sword. Go
Sandā, Sutōmu06.04.10Lets Do This
Shiroken6.21.11David wuz here
ClickyShow
[/center]

If any issues are spotted within my posts I will be happy to change them accordingly.

Pokefan137

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Pokefan137 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:19 am

Haruna smiled as the old lady entered. She was so pretty. Haruna always loved the beauty of age. In age one could see history in a persons every feature, and the older one got the more beautiful it was. Haruna graciously took a seat before the old lady, incredibly happy to have the chance to talk with someone of such wisdom and knowledge.

The old lady asked what they wanted to do with the knowledge she would give them and what they would use it for. She damanded the truth, and thus Haruna decided to give it. It wasn't like there was actually any reason to lie, and besides lieing to someone so wise and aged would be ill advised anyways.

"I actually have no idea what would would use the knowledge for." said Haruna bluntly with a shrug. "We were just told to get the knowledge by our superiors. I believe they want it to help attribute to the library. Banin Hito, my family, and all of the organization known as the scribes of the sand are trying to form the world's largest library with information about anything one could think of. I just assumed that the knowledge would go there and be used to help make people aware of what exactly genma are. Those are the only reasons I can think of."

She turned to Masura. "Can you think of anything else?"
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Eisbrecher

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Eisbrecher » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:44 am

Masaru watched as the elderly lady entered, and seating herself at a small table. He followed Haruna, bowing at the lady before sitting himself down, watching as the guards left. As the woman began to speak Masaru realised that any sort of deceit would eliminate their chances of getting the information, yet he felt a sense of unease, he didn't think giving full information of their goal would be dangerous.

He listened as Haruna spoke, she covered nearly everything that needed to be said and Masaru nodded along. Once prompted by Haruna Masaru merely decided to try and add a little persuasion. "The information you have will be incredibly beneficial, not just to Sunagakure and the land of wind but to anyone else who wishes to view the library, I have only heard rumours concerning these genma but they certainly seem like something rather dangerous and not to be trifled with." He spoke calmly and honestly, giving the woman a small smile in hope that his encouragement would help.

진에어 그린윙스 화이팅

Gabriel

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Gabriel » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:11 pm

The woman took in everything the two youngsters said, listening intently and thoughtfully tapping a long bony finger against the side of her nose.

When the girl finished and prompted the boy, the lady passed her gaze from she to he, then proceeding to return her gaze to the girl after the boy had finished speaking.

A few moments and then she spoke.

"Hmmmm, I hold no love nor animosity towards those of Sunagakure, they are what they are, and since your intentions be pure and your stories true I have decided that I shall give you the information you seek. However, you must earn it, and to earn it you must find it."

Gesturing for the two Genin to follow the woman shuffled over to the wall, pressing her hand against a panel which proceeded to open.

Inside was a library, a vast library with shelves of every kind, books and scrolls of every shape and color, all of it rising to a ceiling that was fifty feet high, a seeming impossibility due to the size of the house, but who knew what power the old woman held.

"Within the information you seek dwells, find it and you have earned it, I will leave you to it and shall not help any longer. Good luck"

Razors the old woman as she then shuffled away, permitting the two Genin to seek as they wished.
SpoilerShow
Primary CharacterShow
Yoshikuni, Soujiro
  • Missions
  • Socials
Secondary CharacterShow
Areno, Ki
  • Missions
    • D:
    • C:
  • Socials
Inactive CharactersShow
Those Who Have Died
ClickyShow
[/center]

If any issues are spotted within my posts I will be happy to change them accordingly.

Pokefan137

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Pokefan137 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:20 pm

Haruna could only smile as the woman led them into an inner library. Her eyes sparkled at gleamed at the chance to garner information from such a grand collection.

"Thank you very much." she said as she bowed low. Immediatly after she flashed a hand sign causing Sheba to pop out of the seal on Pharoah's hip. The girl went in and immediatly went to work. Her family was currently in charge of managing the library that was being formed in Suna, and throughout her entire life she had done archiving work day and day again. A library was second nature to a girl like her, so she quickly started going down the various rows, Sheba's numeroud ribbons picking out books, flashing them in front of Haruna so she could see what they were about, and then sorting them either onto Pharoah's back for Haruna to look through, or back on the shelf right where they had been. She made sure everything was neat and tidy as she moved through the rows, occasionally depositing her finds on a central table, catagorizing them by location and topic so she could start to get a feel of exactly how everything was layed out in this particular system.

She continued to smiled the entire time as she swept the library in a fit of inner glee. Such a wonderful day this was turning out to be.
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Eisbrecher

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Eisbrecher » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:51 am

Masaru entered the vast library and was amazed by the amount of books the place contained, this was certainly not going to be easy. He looked at Haruna who had immediately gotten started searching, he'd have loved to have made a plan of action, that's just how he was. He shrugged and started scanning the shelves nearest him, picking out books that seemed relevant, placing them on the same table Haruna was placing hers.

He was nowhere near as quick as Haruna at picking out books but he felt that was to be expected, Haruna had probably been doing similar tasks all her life back in Suna.

진에어 그린윙스 화이팅

Gabriel

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Gabriel » Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:39 pm

The young Shinobi of course would continue picking out their books, nothing would change in the library and no one would come to visit them.

Simply put, they were left to their own devices and would have to search and read for quite some time to find what they were looking for, should they not have very good luck.
SpoilerShow
Primary CharacterShow
Yoshikuni, Soujiro
  • Missions
  • Socials
Secondary CharacterShow
Areno, Ki
  • Missions
    • D:
    • C:
  • Socials
Inactive CharactersShow
Those Who Have Died
ClickyShow
[/center]

Pokefan137

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Pokefan137 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:26 am

"And done."

Haruna stood back and looked at the impressive pile of books she and her partner had placed upon the table. The wood almost seemed to bow slightly under the combined weight of the various tomes, but it was all in a days work for a librarian in training.

"Well, shall we get to reading?" she asked Matsura with a smile. The girl sat down, Sheba flying at her command to pick out several books and laying them before her so she could skim from one book right into the next. She started reading. Her first book was a book of tax records from Suna for the last fifty years. It was interesting...sorta...but it didn't really help her out much in finding info on genma. The next book turned out to be a joke book.

"Why did the genma cross the road?" she asked out load, a bit of aprehension to her voice. "To get to the other, oh my gosh it's a genma. We're all gonna die. Somebody help me." Haruna paused for a bit. "I don't get it." She quickly put that book aside. It had had an actual reference to a genma, so she put it on Pharoah's back for reference. She opened the next book.

"How to make Gen-ma's Supreme Fondue in five easy steps."

"Does this count?"
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Gabriel

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Gabriel » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:11 am

((OOC: Eis has timed, I'll give her till tomorrow this time to post otherwise we'll continue without her))
SpoilerShow
Primary CharacterShow
Yoshikuni, Soujiro
  • Missions
  • Socials
Secondary CharacterShow
Areno, Ki
  • Missions
    • D:
    • C:
  • Socials
Inactive CharactersShow
Those Who Have Died
ClickyShow
[/center]

Gabriel

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Gabriel » Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:03 pm

((OOC: OKay, give me a few hours so I can get something ready for you and then you'll have your post~))
SpoilerShow
Primary CharacterShow
Yoshikuni, Soujiro
  • Missions
  • Socials
Secondary CharacterShow
Areno, Ki
  • Missions
    • D:
    • C:
  • Socials
Inactive CharactersShow
Those Who Have Died
ClickyShow
[/center]

Pokefan137

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Pokefan137 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:42 pm

((OOC: Awwwwwwwwwwww, I MISS MY EIS!!! Oh, well. I shall continue it for the both of us!!!))
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Gabriel

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Gabriel » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:24 pm

The youngling may search for quite some time without any avail, it would be impossible for her to find the information she was looking for if she kept going as she was, and so it would take the chance that she looked up above the table she sat at for her to find something that may have helped.

Above the table set in a frame was what appeared to be a very basic map, a map that appeared to be a layout of a room, maybe this room? Regardless, this map appeared to have different things upon it and due to the maps nature there was no orientation.

However, there was one spot marked out, a single black box that was hollow like many of the other black boxes upon it but there was a difference, it had an orange oval like dot upon it.

Would the young shinobi investigate the map and what it entailed? Who knows.
MapShow
SpoilerShow
Primary CharacterShow
Yoshikuni, Soujiro
  • Missions
  • Socials
Secondary CharacterShow
Areno, Ki
  • Missions
    • D:
    • C:
  • Socials
Inactive CharactersShow
Those Who Have Died
ClickyShow
[/center]

Pokefan137

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Pokefan137 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:41 pm

"Gen manicoti? No. Gen Master's guide to making people cluck like a chicken? No. A dog named Genma?...Okay, that might be interesting actually, but still..."

Haruna continued searching through the books. She noticed a lot of cooking books with something close to genma, but no actual genma books. The pink haired girl leaned back in her seat.

"This is probably going to take a while." she said. "How's your search going Masura?" Haruna waited for a reply. "Masura?" The girl sat up and started looking around, but for some reason she was now the only one in the room. "Where did he..." As the girl looked around, she noticed a map hanging above her table with a red dot on it. She hadn't noticed it before, but then again she had mostly been focusing on getting books. Shrugging, she decided that maybe it might be a good idea to check it out.

The map didn't have any arrows on it, so she just assumed that it the way the map was facing was south, and behind the map was north. With this logic, the girl went off to find the bookshelf.
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Gabriel

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Gabriel » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:29 am

Unfortunately north and south were relative, and so just searching for the bookshelf would do nothing for the young girl, she would need to figure out the secret to the map and orientate herself accordingly, so, as she searched her search would come up empty...how annoying.
SpoilerShow
Primary CharacterShow
Yoshikuni, Soujiro
  • Missions
  • Socials
Secondary CharacterShow
Areno, Ki
  • Missions
    • D:
    • C:
  • Socials
Inactive CharactersShow
Those Who Have Died
ClickyShow
[/center]

Pokefan137

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Pokefan137 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:12 pm

After a good deal of fruitless searching, Haruna returned to the map unfruitful. There had to be something more that she just wasn't getting. The pink haired girl stared at the map hard. Five minutes passed. Fifteen. Twenty. The entire time the pink haired shinobi just stared at the map waiting for the secrets to be revealed with.Slowly her eyes drifted to the sides of the map. She noticed bookshelves lined up oddly on either side.

'The Oval is one of the corner book shelves.' she thought as she stared. 'One side of the room has book shelves that fill the wall, while the other has book shelves that are smaller and don't go all the way to the wall. The oval is towards that side. Also one of the book shelves juts out further than all the rest on that side. That's the corner below the oval. If I find the side that has the close together book shelves, and then go to the corner above, or below at the case may be, where the book shelf juts out further, then I could find the oval.'

With those thoughts in mind, Haruna set out once again to find the red oval.
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Gabriel

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Gabriel » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:08 pm

((OOC: EEP, Sorry Poke, I unsubscribed on accident!))

Haruna would search and search, her search being fruitless for she had yet to realize that the map was maybe far less complex than she was thinking. Too bad for her, over thinking really wasn't going to get her anywhere.
SpoilerShow
Primary CharacterShow
Yoshikuni, Soujiro
  • Missions
  • Socials
Secondary CharacterShow
Areno, Ki
  • Missions
    • D:
    • C:
  • Socials
Inactive CharactersShow
Those Who Have Died
ClickyShow
[/center]

Pokefan137

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Pokefan137 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:30 pm

Haruna, after yet another exauhstive search returned to her table. She was begining to wonder if following the map was worth it, but her curious nature got the better of her. She had searched all around the library, but still she couldn't find out what the map was trying to point her to, or where in the world Masaru was. Maybe if she got a closer look...

The pink haired girl slowly climber up on top of the table, manuevering around the piled of books until she was finally at eye level with the map. She took the hanging map in her hands, turning it this way and that and running her fingers of the surface trying to figure out if there was some clue she was missing.

"What are you trying to tell me?..." she said curiosly as she poked the orange dot to whom the question was directed.
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Gabriel

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Gabriel » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:32 am

Nothing, absolutely nothing, the map revealed no secrets and overthinking such things seemed to be a specialty of Haruna. Unfortunately there was no one who would give her a hint, the old lady would give her no hint and nobody else would give a hint either. All in all, Haruna was on her own.
SpoilerShow
Primary CharacterShow
Yoshikuni, Soujiro
  • Missions
  • Socials
Secondary CharacterShow
Areno, Ki
  • Missions
    • D:
    • C:
  • Socials
Inactive CharactersShow
Those Who Have Died
ClickyShow
[/center]

Pokefan137

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Pokefan137 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:25 pm

Well, no luck there. Haruna stared at the map some more before shrugging. Maybe she was just over thinking things. It was a piece of paper. There were boxes on it. One box had an orange oval on it. From her newly hightened position she looked out over the tops of all the book cases and looked to see if there was an actual orange oval on any of them. You never know. It could be that obvious, though she wasn't exactly sure it would work.
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Yasashikaze Seiken

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:03 pm

(OOC: Taking over this mission.)

The walls and ceiling of this library, despite its petite collecti0on size, were quite large, so it took some time to finally get to the ceiling. Haruna would find why she was having such a hard time finding the book case: by looking from the top down, she would see that her orientation was inverted horizontally. Once she rotated herself and got back to the middle of the ceiling, the shape of the bookcases below her would match that of the map. This meant that she now only had four bookcases to check, one on each corner.
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]
Inactive/Dead CharactersShow
A-Rank Missing Nin KumogakureRanpu HanteiRyokuSister Peace • Status: Inactive
Chunin SunagakureIbara RubiBourou • Status: Inactive
Xavier: "The brand of loyalty you inspire is... interesting."
Cable: "Hammer nurses a grudge like it's a teat."
Xavier: "Weren't you responsible for his quadriplegia?"
Cable: "Never said the grudge wasn't justified."

Pokefan137

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Pokefan137 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:34 pm

Haruna saw the library stretch before her to match the map. She looked back at the hanging map for a moment before jumped off the table, and made her way around the room to the four corners to check about the possibility of something that may yet be hidden within each of them.
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Yasashikaze Seiken

[Mission]Genma Hunting!

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:45 pm

The bookcase on the far northwestern wall was the one that yielded some sort of reward. At first, when Haruna opened it, she would probably be confused, for it was nothing more than another map of this very library! However, if she allowed herself to look more deeply, she'd see that the map had scattered oranges dots that scattered the floor of the library, about twenty of them, a purple dot over in front of the librarian's desk, and a green triangle in the middle of the map.

What might these things mean for the young Haruna? It was time to find out.
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]
Inactive/Dead CharactersShow
A-Rank Missing Nin KumogakureRanpu HanteiRyokuSister Peace • Status: Inactive
Chunin SunagakureIbara RubiBourou • Status: Inactive
Xavier: "The brand of loyalty you inspire is... interesting."
Cable: "Hammer nurses a grudge like it's a teat."
Xavier: "Weren't you responsible for his quadriplegia?"
Cable: "Never said the grudge wasn't justified."

Return to “Wind Country”