Training Together

Hebi

Training Together

Post by Hebi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:09 pm

D-Ranked taijutsu 1100-300=800
The sun was high and the sky clear and blue. A light breeze shifted the upper most layers of sand around; sometimes swirls could be seen rising from the ground only to fall back to the earth moments later. A girl walked into an open area inside the walls of Suna away from most of the residential houses. The spot was to become the place of her first training since graduating from the ninja academy. The girl’s name was Ai, and on her back lay arms dangling limply over her shoulders as well as a head matching hers face down on her right shoulder.

Ai was dressed in her usual wear, a green tank top with fish net on the outside with tan shorts and more fishnet beneath. Atop her head she proudly wore the seal of her village and the sign that she was officially a genin, her forehead protector. The puppet wore a long green dress with a scale-like pattern and nothing more. Ai sat the puppet down and took a seat next to it. “I sure hope Shoichi doesn’t take too long, I’m so excited I might just explode waiting for him.” Ai looked off into the distance toward the village where she had just come, the heat making the view bend, ripple and distort as if a lake with a slight wind.
Genin Sunagakure no Sato Hebi, Ai • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0
Puppets: Gorgon

AverageTimmy

Training Together

Post by AverageTimmy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:07 pm

Shoichi was running late, he was supposed to be meeting Ai out in the dunes for some training, but he'd gotten sidetracked polishing his headband. He was very proud of the emblem and what it signified for him and his family. He smiled as he hurried along, he would have some new things to show Ai now that she was a genin too. He'd kept his surgery a secret and it was time to unveil his new technique. It wasn't especially useful for battle, but it was certainly useful for the types of exploration the two friend's enjoyed. He was almost there and as he formed a single seal his eyes blazed to life, smoldering with chakra as he scanned the distant sands for his friend. He caught a glimpse of movement a little ways off, along with a flash of green and smiled. So I guess you beat me here, as usual...

Forming a few quick seals Shoichi sped forward, moving faster now that he was using the wind skating technique. As he sped towards his friend he called a greeting, sliding up in a spray of sand, smiling broadly. ”So, look who finally graduated, took you long enough, eh?” As the jutsu ended Shoichi was careful not to trip as he stepped back.

”What did you want to see me about today? Did you want me to show you how awesome I am at everything again or what?” The boy, laughed, he was joking of course but he enjoyed giving his friend a hard time.

I wonder though, if she's too busy to help me do some training or something today, I'd like to keep up with my techniques or I'll never be ready the next time there's an opportunity to rank up. It might seem like it's so far off but someday... I'm going to be a jounin, and not just any jounin either, I will be a legend, and then Ai can be proud to be my friend.
CharactersShow
Genin Sunagakure no SatoIshida Shoichi • Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C:0 D:0

Hebi

Training Together

Post by Hebi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:38 pm

As Shoichi came running up Ai stood up and brought her puppet to stand beside her before once again draping it over her shoulders. “So, look who finally graduated, took you long enough, eh?” He stepped back as his jutsu ended, Ai lowers an eye slightly at his comment about graduating taking long. He continued, “What did you want to see me about today? Did you want me to show you how awesome I am at everything again or what?” Ai rolled her eyes and shook her head slowly.

“First off, yourrrrr late! Again,” She shook her finger at him and smirked, “Second what do you mean it took me so long? I graduated a year after you, I didn’t take any longer than you did.” Ai took a second to breathe before continuing, she knew he was kidding but it was more fun to act like she was offended. “Anyway the reason I asked you here was because now were both genin, I thought that it’d be nice if we trained together so that we both improve at similar rates, plus let’s face it I suck at genjutsu, if I train with you long enough maybe it’ll rub off on me…” She saw it then suddenly, his eyes were different, they were golden with something appearing to smolder in them as well. “What happened to your eyes?”

AverageTimmy

Training Together

Post by AverageTimmy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Shoichi chuckled under his breath, Ai was always running at full speed, even her speech was fast and sometimes it was hard to even understand what she was saying. He listened to her mock tirade with a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. She seems really excited, and so happy, I'm glad. I guess we both had the same idea though, to train and get stronger. Wanting to give his friend a bit more trouble, the young genin deactivated his doujutsu, stopping the chakra flowing to his eyes and gazing at Ai as the normal blue hue returned.

”My eyes? What about them? You say some weird things, Ai. Anyway, you wanted to train right? Well, what did you have in mind? Are we sparring? Practicing techniques? Working out? I'm all about training and I'll be nice and let you pick what we do, just don't get lazy halfway through, we both know what a slacker you can be.”

The boy was only partially joking; Ai had a bad habit of becoming distracted and slacking off during their adventures, especially if a snake was involved. If today was one of her more sporadic days he'd be dragging her out of at least one hole today, most likely dodging something venomous and ugly while he did so. It wasn't that he minded helping his friend so much as it was he was determined to be the very best he could be, and couldn't understand why that wasn't her top priority as well. He sighed, he'd never really understand girls, they were just different creatures.
CharactersShow

Hebi

Training Together

Post by Hebi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Ai starred at him, her face dumbfounded as his eyes were suddenly normal again, she knew something was up she just didn’t know exactly what it was just yet. After a moment she regained her composure. She wouldn’t let him get the better of her, today was about training not witty banter. “Well I was thinking we’d do some technique training, I wanted to work some more on my puppet’s taijutsu and maybe develop a new skill for her,” She put her finger to her lips and thought for a moment.

Ai really wanted to figure out some sort of technique that would allow her to quickly combo taijutsu with her puppet. She already had a technique that sped up her puppet for a few meters to dodge left or right maybe she could come up with something similar to attack with. “I think I would like to start with a little taijutsu for Gorgon, I need to start getting used to combat with her, and I would like to come up with a good attack strategy.” Ai put up her hand and extended the chakra strings to Gorgon’s head and raised it up to stand next to her.

I wonder if I will be able to fight him very well at this point I mean he has had a full year to train before I even managed to graduate, the gap between us must be huge. I’m going to have to try my hardest.

AverageTimmy

Training Together

Post by AverageTimmy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:14 pm

”So, a bit of practice huh? I guess we can do that. I'll just try to avoid it I guess, don't hold back or your movements will be slow, and sloppy. If you practice without trying your hardest the result will be less than perfect. I'd be happy to train with you Ai, lets do our best!”

With that, Shoichi jumped backwards twice, creating a gap of about 30 feet between the two of them. This would provide Ai some room to move, and hopefully give Shoichi a fighting chance at avoiding whichever type of attack she chose to throw at him. As was customary for him during any sort of combat, Shoichi pulled his hood up, obscuring his face in shadow as the chakra began to flow to his eyes, activating his doujutsu. He didn't know what kind of attack Ai would throw at him, even though they'd been friends for so long, she'd always been a bit unpredictable.

Hm, she's always been faster than me, unfortunately. I wonder if she's gotten faster since her stay at the academy, I've been spending so much time lately, getting used to my new eyes, and developing my genjutsu that I haven't trained my physical abilities at all. If she's gotten any stronger, or any faster, this could be a lot harder than I'd like... These eyes, she won't be fast enough to deceive them, but... what if I'm not fast enough to react? I'll have to make sure I'm ready, that's all.

Readying himself, the young Ishida drew a single kunai from his hip holster. Taking a defensive stance, he waited to see what Ai would do. With any luck, he'd be able to not only help Ai develop some new jutsu for her puppet, but maybe he could come up with something for himself.

”So, did you get any stronger in the academy or were you too busy playing with your snakes?”
CharactersShow

Hebi

Training Together

Post by Hebi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:42 pm

Ai quickly removed two kunai from her pockets and threw them up into the air. She sealed and pressed her hands to the ground and pulled up a copy of Gorgon. As the kunai reached head level, Ai had the two puppets reach out and grab the kunai in their hands. “Alright, no change!” With a quick flick of the wrists the two Gorgon’s switched from human mode to snake mode.

Alright now the clone will move a lot slower so I will have to make it move second to hide it behind the real Gorgon. The question is how exactly should I push the chakra so that it will boost the speed enough to be effective? Well with my sidewinder I send a burst of chakra through the strings as well as pull on the strings. I wonder if that would be the appropriate thing to do or if I should just simply add the extra chakra since it’s just going in a straight line?

Ai readied the two puppets, crouching them down slightly while tightening the tails so that they could have and explosive start. With a push she set them forward, rushing straight at Shoichi, Alright, I’ll try the flick and pulse first then go for just the burst with the second. With the hand controlling the real Gorgon she threw her hand forward, pushing a burst of chakra through the threads as she did. Gorgon rushed forward at an increased rate but something was wrong, it quickly lost its balance and all of its speed and fell forwards, rolling in the sand.

Ok I guess that really was a little too much force to try this kind of technique, let’s try the softer method of a simple burst. The far slower puppet clone had only just reached its fallen counterpart, Ai moved it around the puppet and lined it up with Shoichi again. “Here I come!”
She let loose a burst of chakra and sent the clone quickly toward Shoichi, though it was still only about as fast as Shoichi normally ran but it was defiantly an improvement from before.

AverageTimmy

Training Together

Post by AverageTimmy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Shoichi watched as Ai tossed her weapons into the air, the motion seemed odd to him, slow and yet somehow not. It took him a moment to realize what it was. His new eyes could read the movements effortlessly. It wasn't that they were any slower, it was simply that there was no blurring, no motion trail, nothing but clean sharp edges and perfect detail, it was incredible. He would have to focus though, just because he could see the young Hebi's movements didn't mean he could dodge them, especially at this distance. He was a bit taken aback when, with just a few seals, Ai had managed to produce what was apparently some sort of clone of her puppet.

He watched as Ai paused for a moment, she seemed to be thinking about something, but it was long before she attacked. Shoichi watched as Ai threw her hand towards him, causing the puppet he knew to be the real Gorgon at him. Shoot! So fast! I can see it but I can't seal this fast... Shoichi tried desperately to seal but as he watched with his enhanced site he realized it wasn't going to be fast enough, and then suddenly... The puppet fell, tumbled to ground, apparently unable to take the strain of whatever Ai had done to it.

”Here I come!”

Shoichi reacted quickly, this one wasn't as fast, about as fast as he was, but he could take no chances, as he finished the last seal he spoke, his voice almost laughing as he activated his jutsu. It was going to be a bit fun, showing off his new techniques to his childhood friend, he hoped she would be impressed with how far he'd come.

”You're fast, but as the wind blows the sands will merely scatter."

With those few words his jutsu was active, and he was off, using the shuunshin technique to move just to the left and towards Ai, moving past her to stand behind and the left of the girl. If his jutsu was successful she wouldn't notice his movements at all.

So, lets see how you deal with this one Ai, you wanted some practice against my genjutsu after all...
<†> <Genjutsu: Tenshi no Hitomure> [<Illusion Technique: Angelic Flock>]
Type: C Rank Illusion Genjutsu
Range: All
Description: A genjutsu created and utilized by Ishida Shoichi. After preforming the needed handseals Shoichi will say the word “scatter.” Upon hearing this an opponent will see a vision of Shoichi covered in a warm glow and a slight wind will rustle his clothing, and as it does he will dissolve into a flock of glowing white doves that will fly off in every direction, scattering to the winds. During this illusion Shoichi is free to run or hide, much like the Mist Servant technique. This jutsu lasts 1 post or until dispelled by other means.
CharactersShow

Hebi

Training Together

Post by Hebi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:27 pm

C-Ranked taijutsu 1500-300=1200
The technique was a success; it increased the speed that the clone traveled however it was relatively useless with such a slow puppet as the earth clone. “You're fast, but as the wind blows the sands will merely scatter." Suddenly Shoichi began to dissolve into glowing white doves. Ai looked at it with amazement; she couldn’t believe that Shoichi was at such a high level with only a year between them. The mere idea that a single year could result in this large of a gap infuriated Ai. Ai signed the clone away and her lip quivered slightly, ”Damn you Shoichi!” Ai gathered chakra into her fist and slammed it into the ground, releasing the concentrated chakra on the impact. The surrounding sand rippled for a split second, and then the pressure released itself. The sand exploded upward around her.

If he’s going to hide in the sky as those birds, then I should hide Gorgon underground, he’ll have to come down eventually after all. Ai signed quickly for her jutsu as the dust still remaining in the air was quickly thinning and sent Gorgon underground. With her trap set Ai began to look around trying to once again locate the doves Shoichi had turned into. Ai wondered where he could have gone because he wasn’t the type to leave in the middle of training. As the dust finished settling she hoped she could begin her attacks once again.

AverageTimmy

Training Together

Post by AverageTimmy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:39 pm

Shoichi watched with a bemused smile on his face as Ai went into one of her trademark fits. He knew she hated to be toyed with but it was just too much fun. His eyes widened a bit as he watched her slam the ground with her fist, but it was the shockwave that followed that truly caught him off guard. A wave of sand and force hit him, sending him stumbling back a bit as it did. He wasn't sure if she had noticed him or not but he knew he shouldn't be taking any chances.

The young genin quickly sealed for two normal bunshin, both appearing by his side rather swiftly, wearing the same smirk he had been the whole afternoon. He was sealing again for another genjutsu, hoping he had enough time as his hands flew together. If his last jutsu had worked against Ai, this one was sure to suprise her, especially when the fun was doubled this time.

The girl really didn't seem to notice, and was currently frantically searching the sky for his “bird form” as she hid her puppet beneath the sands of the hot Sunagakure desert. He decided to play it cool, hoping to impress her a bit more.

”So are you going to play around all day or are you going to actually get some training in, hmm Ai? Turn around and face me why don't you? Sheesh, you're always slacking...”

The boy laughed heartily, he was only teasing but he knew he was pushing her buttons, making her angry in a way only he really knew how.

<†> <Genjutsu: Tajuu Hane Bunshin> [<Illusion Technique: Multiple Feather Clones>]
Type: C Rank Illusion Genjutsu
Range: 0-10 meters
Description: A genjutsu created and utilized by Ishida Shoichi. After preforming the needed handseals for both a normal bunshin, and this genjutsu Shoichi will create a normal bunshin; seeing this bunshin will trigger a genjutsu in which many clones will step “out of” the first, as if it were a portal to another plane, filled with handsome clones. The clones will multiply until there are anywhere from 20-25 of them. These clones will rush the target and attempt to “hit” them. These clones will have solid form in appearance only and will vanish in a momentary puff of white downy feathers. This Jutsu lasts for 3 Posts, the clones have all been destroyed or the jutsu is dispelled by other means.
CharactersShow

Hebi

Training Together

Post by Hebi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:21 pm

Ai’s eye’s closed and the vein on her forehead was throbbing from the frustration she was feeling at the moment. Ai stretched out her hand and moved Gorgon through the sand behind her where she heard Shoichi’s voice coming from. As she turned around she brought her leg up to roundhouse kick him in the head while she brought Gorgon up from below.

Ai’s foot met no resistance she had misjudged the distance that his voice had come from, she hadn’t expected this and therefore was unprepared. Ai’s leg over extended pulling her center of gravity, the leg that was remaining on the ground lifted off and Ai came tumbling down, landing on her butt. She spotted Shoichi, though there was three of him. Two of the Shoichi’s took a step forward; the odd thing was he was still standing in the same spot he originally was while also in the new spot, there was now five Shoichi’s

”What’s going on here? I thought the average genin could only make one or two clones max but he just keeps multiplying.” Ai pulled on her strings to bring Gorgon out from the sand; she needed all the help she could get to fight so many of them. The clones continued to multiply and Ai knew they wouldn’t stay idle for long she had to prepare for the upcoming barrage as quickly as possible.

Ai positioned Gorgon right next to her and tightened up the strings holding it up. She quickly flicked her wrist to convert it back to human mode as it would probably be easier to fight in this situation with legs rather than a tail. The idea then dawned on her making Gorgon fight as well as fighting herself would be very difficult. She knew that there were also tenketsu in the legs and feet. If she could just attach chakra threads each of the tenketsu points there then she could possibly cause the puppet to mimic her movements. She concentrated her chakra and tried to make strings come from her legs. Slowly the threads began to slither out and attach to the puppet. Ai looked up to find herself face to face with an ocean of Shoichi’s. She swallowed and sweat dripped down the side of her face. “Well here goes nothing.”

AverageTimmy

Training Together

Post by AverageTimmy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:54 pm

Shoichi watched as Ai reacted to his voice, his sharp eyes catching the faint traces of movement in the sand as she moved Gorgon ever closer to him. The kick was a surprise; she'd obviously misjudged the distance between them and had comically ended up on her butt. Shoichi couldn't help but laugh, the look on her face and the position she landed in were just too much, it was like they were kids all over again, and she was rushing clumsily headlong into things.

The puppet erupting from the ground was more impressive than Ai's display, at least she was good at using her puppet, even if her judgment of the battlefield wasn't perfect. The look in his friend's eyes when they landed on his clones was unmistakable, she was slightly afraid. He frowned for a moment, he would never hurt Ai, and she should know that by now, after all they'd been through. It couldn't be helped he supposed, he moved backward slowly, his two normal bunshin moving in unison with him, as to keep which was really him a secret.

The young genin watched as Ai shifted her puppet into a more combat ready mode. It appeared as though she would face down the army of clones she saw with determination. ”I'm impressed Ai, very brave to fight all of us at once, but can you do it? Are you able to fight us all with just that one puppet? Show me your skills, show me what you learned following me into the academy!”

With that Shoichi formed two seals activating one last jutsu, it was dangerous, using this many genjutsu all at once, but this last one would be a small thing, hopefully it would add a sense of the surreal to the battle. He was running low on chakra, using so many techniques so close together was tiring, with this jutsu he would back off, waiting to see what Ai would do.

”Dance my brothers. Float. Float on the wind and wind yourself within the fabric of battle. Ai, watch and see the distance between you and I....”

<†> <Genjutsu: Mai no Tsubasa – Daiichi Enbu> [<Illusion Technique: Dance of the Wings – First Waltz>]
Type: D Rank Illusion Genjutsu
Range: 0-10m
Description: A genjutsu developed and employed by Ishida Shoichi. After preforming the needed handseals Shoichi will say the word “float.” Upon hearing this, the opponent will see fluffy white feathers slowly float from the sky, drifting on the wind as they land gently on the ground. This jutsu lasts up to 3 Posts or until dispelled by other means.
CharactersShow

Hebi

Training Together

Post by Hebi » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:16 pm

Ai took a long deep breathe knowing that this wasn’t going to be easy but it would definitely help her improve her fighting ability to fight this many clones. Her eyes narrowed as she got serious and she rushed forward her puppet following her every movement. She smile lightly feeling a strong sense of accomplishment in knowing that the puppet was at least following her movements so that it could mimic her for fighting large groups like this. The clones began to charge her too, with the distance between them Ai would make contact with them in only a few seconds, she thought quickly, the easiest way to fight them would be to distract them. Ai gathered her chakra into her fist once again and slammed it into the ground; the sand reacted as it had before. Ai hesitated for a split second as feather began to fall from the sky for no apparent reason.

Ai couldn’t stop to dwell on why the feathers were falling she needed to focus on the task at hand, the clones were still coming, seemingly unaffected by the cloud of dust. Ai punched at one that got near her, again her fist met no resistance and the clone dispersed in a cloud of feathers adding to those that were already falling from the sky. Ai knew that there weren’t a lot of options left at this point she didn’t know which ones were clones and if any of them were real. The situation was dire. Ai began slashing at the air knowing that her puppet would be more useful slashing rather than punching and kicking. With a brief gap she managed to reach into her pocket and pull out some shuriken which she immediately threw ant some of the clones. Every, slash, punch and shuriken met with the same result no damage just an explosion of feather, the air was full of feather to the point that it was impossible to see.

Ai had only one last shot she sealed quickly and stomped the ground loosening the ground around her hoping to make the clones or the real Shoichi slip. A clone suddenly appeared before her and punched her, she felt no impact, the clone just exploded into more feathers. Ai was completely and totally mentally taxed, she couldn’t take and more she closed her eyes and let herself fall to her knees. She released the chakra strings and her puppet fell to the ground. ”I give up, I can’t even touch you.”

AverageTimmy

Training Together

Post by AverageTimmy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:02 am

As Shoichi watched his friend flail violently at phantom versions of himself, her puppet mimicking her moves with increasing proficiency, he felt something stir inside of him, a sense of... accomplishment? Could that be what he was feeling? It wasn't that he could defeat Ai, she was more powerful than him physically, but her lack of any ability in genjutsu and his foreknowledge of this made it no surprise that she couldn't win. He'd thought maybe she'd improved her skills while in the academy, perhaps keeping it a secret to surprise him, but it appeared that was not the case. She was still inept at identifying illusions, just as Shoichi was still rather slow compared to the other shinobi.

So this is it huh? This is as far as she's come? She's so much stronger now than she used to be. No longer is she the little girl I teased when we were younger. She's gained real power, and the courage to go with it. So determined... I wonder if I have that kind of spirit. It's strange to think that we are here, training to better ourselves as shinobi, when only yesterday it seems we were afraid to go beyond the village gate. It's funny how things change. I've been a genin for a whole year and I've done nothing, no missions, nothing but training to keep myself in shape. What am I doing? Should I just remain as I am? Maybe... maybe I could be great, maybe we both could.

It was over in just a few moments, Ai couldn't keep up the stellar effort she was putting on to destroy the “clones.” She fell to her knees, exhaustion and frustration evident on her face. As her puppet crumbled to the ground Shoichi wondered if perhaps he'd gone too hard on her. She was his closest friend, someone he cherished, maybe it was too much for her, he knew she wasn't good at genjutsu after all. No, she could handle this, she might be at her limit now, but he would work with her, and together they would push the boundaries of that limit, push them and break them.

”I give up, I can’t even touch you.”

Shoichi smiled, immediately dispelling his genjutsu he stepped forward, moving towards Ai when suddenly his eyes went very blurry and his legs gave out beneath him. He tumbled to the ground rather ingloriously and lay there stunned for a moment as his vision returned to normal. It took him a moment to realize that his doujutsu had failed him. His legs, too, seemed to have failed him and as he moved to rise he came to the quick realization that he could not. He had completely exhausted his chakra. He was spent and as he lay back against the hot sand, gazing up aimlessly into the blue sky he laughed, long and loud, a merry sound filled something akin to childlike joy.

”Haha, it seems I've pushed myself a bit too far, Ai. I really don't think I can get up, and you, look at you, giving up already? What did I tell you about slacking during training, you were almost through them all, weren't you? It looked like from where I was standing you were doing a pretty good job of holding your own. That was a neat trick you pulled with Gorgon, looks like it could use a bit more practice though, as soon as I..uh...well, sit here for a bit, we can practice some more, but right now I think maybe I need a little nap...”

With that Shoichi tilted his head back against the sand and let his sight fade into black. It would be easier this way, he just needed to rest and it felt so good to just stop for a while. As he faded in and out of a half conscious state he wondered how Ai was, and if she was going to start scolding him for napping during training. It was just too comfortable though, too cozy to lie there in the warm sand and relax. His eyes hurt, and he was sure they would continue to do so for quite some time. He'd not quite gotten used to the doujutsu yet, and it appeared that this time he'd overused it, and was now paying the price.

It burns too much chakra, I'll have to find a way to win in few moves next time, if I'm going to get better...
CharactersShow

Hebi

Training Together

Post by Hebi » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:38 am

Ai looked up and saw the feathers disappear and Shoichi muttered a few words that she couldn’t make out before collapsing himself. The sweat was dripping off Ai almost in streams the heat was getting to her by this point. She stood up and walked over to her fallen friend and removed his cloak, stuck a few sticks under it, and propped it up for some shade to help them cool down.

”Baka, you shouldn’t have used so much chakra.” Her voice was full of disappointment and her eyes her drooping. This much difference in one year… will I ever catch him? Ai lay down next to him and just stared up at the make shift tent for a minute without saying a word. The silence felt depressing to Ai but she wasn’t sure how Shoichi felt. In her mind she could see his back and it was far away. She took a deep breathe and let it out slowly trying to bring her heart rate back down to normal and relax.

AverageTimmy

Training Together

Post by AverageTimmy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:59 pm

Shoichi awoke slowly, blinking as his eyes adjusted to the semi-darkness underneath the makeshift tent. It was cooler here, if only a bit. The young genin looked around a bit to get his bearings before turning to Ai, a bit confused by the way she looked. She seems so sad... as if there's something bothering her, and I don't know what it could be. Is she maybe sad that she lost? You could hardly call it a loss when I'm the one who passed out. Maybe it's something else, I don't know. She seems, different somehow these days.

Shoichi didn't have long to think before he sat up, rubbing his eyes and playfully shoving Ai's shoulder. He hoped he could cheer her up; no matter what had happened in the past he'd always been able to make his friends smile. She was a good friend, but her emotions were rather volatile even when she was a child. It was uncommon for the girl to go into screaming rages when they were younger, trying to save one of her precious snakes or when she thought that Shoichi or her parents had wronged her in some way.

”Hey, why do you look so down? What's bugging you, Ai? Did something happen? You did really well out there, I was impressed. You never would have been able to withstand so much before your training. You've gotten so much stronger than you were, and hey, you even managed to help me out after I wasted so much chakra, guess that means you won, right?”

Shoichi reached into the hidden pocket on the edge of his cape, pulling out a canteen of water for the two of them. He didn't always carry it with him but he'd planned a bit ahead for today. It was unwise to venture into the harsh desert surrounding Sunagakure no sato without taking water and some sort of provision, just in case. He took a long drink, enjoying the feeling of the cool water on his parched lips and the refreshing sense of calm that came with relaxing like this after a hard workout. When he was done he held the vessel out to Ai, gazing out across the sands as he did, half lost in the thought.

”You know, I've decided lately that I don't want to be weak anymore. It's been a whole year since I graduated, and I'm still at this level... I think... I think I've decided to become strong, very strong, so that someday everyone will look up to me. I've heard rumors about this group of shinobi from the village, they call themselves the 'Eidolons.' They're supposed to be really strong, and even though nobody seems to know who exactly they are, they're respected... you know? Do you think that someday I could be that strong? Do you think I'll ever be good enough... to be one of them?”
CharactersShow

Hebi

Training Together

Post by Hebi » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:27 pm

Ai tried to cheer up a bit when Shoichi complemented her on her abilities but she still felt so distant from him. Shoichi took out a canteen of water and handed it to her after taking a drink for himself. Ai took a drink, the still cool water felt good as it ran down the back of her throat. It was refreshing and it seemed like it gave her a new wind.

”You know, I've decided lately that I don't want to be weak anymore. It's been a whole year since I graduated, and I'm still at this level... I think... I think I've decided to become strong, very strong, so that someday everyone will look up to me. I've heard rumors about this group of shinobi from the village, they call themselves the 'Eidolons.' They're supposed to be really strong, and even though nobody seems to know who exactly they are, they're respected... you know? Do you think that someday I could be that strong? Do you think I'll ever be good enough... to be one of them?”

Ai smiled a bit, his dream was slightly childish in nature and very much a boy’s dream. Though Ai had no clue who these Eidolons were, they sounded like the type of people that little boys would dream about becoming. ”Typical,” she mocked, ”every boy wants to be strong. What will make you stronger than all those other guys who’s goals are also to become strong?” She was joking around but the question had some grounds in her own feelings. She didn’t want him to completely eclipse her, and cast a shadow so large and so dark that even if he wanted to see her behind him it would prevent him from seeing her.

Who knows how strong you can become, in just one year you managed to create such a huge rift between us that I couldn’t even land a single hit, I used to be able to catch you and beat you in fights, but now I can’t even hold a candle to you. I have to get stronger; I can’t let you leave me behind.

AverageTimmy

Training Together

Post by AverageTimmy » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:09 pm

”Typical,”she mocked,”every boy wants to be strong. What will make you stronger than all those other guys who’s goals are also to become strong?”

The words hit Shoichi like a physical blow; it was a hard thing for him to hear. It didn't matter to him in that moment that she was teasing, there was an edge in her voice that suggested it was something more than that. It wasn't that Shoichi thought Ai didn't believe in him, rather, it was that she seemed to think his desire was no more than a boy's fantasy. It was something dear to him, new as the notion was, and it mattered. Someday, Shoichi would be as strong as one of these 'Eidolons' and when he was, he would use his power to protect Ai, and everyone else that mattered to him too.

She doesn't understand at all... To be stronger, to get better. It's not about being the best or obtaining power, it's about what I want to be. My parents, and their parents, my whole family, they all strive to be the very best merchants they can be, and at the end of the day they can be proud of themselves. I want that for me too. Right now, I'm weak, and I don't have very much power. I've been a bit lazy and I haven't really tried to be anything more, but maybe... maybe if I can gain strength, then I will be the best shinobi I can be. I won't know until I try, but if I succeed I'll be good enough that then everyone will see me and be proud, and my family can be glad that I became a shinobi. Ai, too, will she be happy for me? I hope so... she's gotten a lot stronger, in such a short time. If I don't try hard enough she may surpass me...

Shoichi stood, taking care not to topple the small tent Ai had constructed. He yawned, stretching as he did, loosening his stiff muscles. His chakra was returning, slowly but surely. He didn't have much, maybe a quarter of what he would normally, but it would be enough for a few training exercises, as long as he kept it to minimum. As he relaxed his muscles and set himself into the position for a basic kata he wondered if he should change his fighting style a bit. I can't keep winning if I fight like that. I used so much chakra and in the end it was barely enough to beat Ai, and she's not exactly the best at genjutsu. Granted, I didn't attack her with my ninjutsu, but that would have used even more chakra... maybe I should ask her to help me with my taijutsu. I'm not very fast but if I could at least manage to land a few hits, it would save me the chakra of trying to use ninjutsu on top of my genjutsu.

”Hey slacker, done already or did you want to train some more?"
CharactersShow

Hebi

Training Together

Post by Hebi » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:42 pm

”Hey slacker, done already or did you want to train some more?"

Ai sat up and looked at him slightly stunned, a few minutes ago he had used enough chakra that he collapsed with exhaustion and now he was raring to go again. She could feel that her chakra level was still extremely low and probably would be for a while. ”I don’t have much chakra, so the only thing I could manage is taijutsu training. Is that what you had in mind?” This idea was much more up her alley as she was always faster and stronger than he was. It was a promising way to show off how much she had actually grown since he last fought with her.

Ai leaned back while bringing her knees up and throwing her hands back. She then threw her legs out and extended her arms springing of the ground to her feet. A wide grin was written across her face as she grabbed her right shoulder and began to stretch out the arm. After a few seconds she switched off to do the other. Finally, it’s my turn to show you up Shoichi!

Return to “Wind Country”