[Mission] Sunk

Kao

[Mission] Sunk

Post by Kao » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:24 pm

Mission AssignmentShow
There was nothing new about Wind Country being a hot, desolate place. The country was little more than a huge, barren desert. Only the bravest and most adept creatures dared to venture forth into the heat and haze in the middle of the day. Even in winter, the temperatures were high, forcing the weaker inhabitants of the desert to hide from the unrelenting sun. There were few human villages that could survive in this environment; the few that did tended to last for centuries.

Not many villages had to worry about falling beneath the sand, disappearing forever beneath the dunes. Sunagakure had gotten word of a village completely disappearing a few months back and were burdened with the task of finding any survivors. There were only a handful of people that were recovered from the once bustling desert city. The rest were forever far below the sand.

Suna might have forgotten about the incident, attributing it to a strange natural phenomenon. However, word of a collection of books floated to certain shinobi's ears. It was enough to send two members of the Scribes of Sand in search of the fabled books.

The two shinobi trekked across the desert with only a sketchy map in hand. According to the map, they were only a few miles from the sunken village's appoximate location. The problem at this point was, of course, finding it.
Kao's CharactersShow
Akari KotaruBanninIwagakure no Sato Team 18 Jousai [color=#1fb8a3]
Komiya ShizuoJounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#209DD3]
Yanagida Yukino Special Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#a07ac2]
Ishiwara SetsunaChuunin Iwagakure no Sato[color=#E81D1D]
Enkouten Mai Jounin Iwagakure no Sato [color=#CE5412]
Aisu Namie Chuunin Kirigakure no Sato [color=#5bc2d4]
Awai FusaeA-Rank MNKonohagakure no Sato[color=#D95FEA]
Important NPCsShow
Akari Kanehara Akari clan elder [color=#80A0FF]
Sakata KannaIwagakure Councilwoman [color=#3DA43B]
Hazuki Shuran Jinchuuriki researcher [color=#E854C0]
Enkouten Kaizen Iwagakure councilman, clan leader [color=#C65871]
Rock Country Daimyo [color=#AC4A4A]

WrightJustice

[Mission] Sunk

Post by WrightJustice » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:53 am

It was quite a usual hot sandy day in Sunagakure and Futegai was still getting used to his duties as a Chuunin, nonetheless he had been given his first B-Rank mission which sparked up his younger side's excitement as he prepared for this strange excavation for the Scribes.
Although excited about being on his first mission of such a level, Futegai remained focused and channelled the excitement into ambition for completing such a task plus he wanted to make the scribes proud of his work.

Walking through the sandy desert with his somewhat older, yet still young looking, long black haired companion, Futegai was looking at his map and trying to figure out the spot of this sunken city he never even heard of until this day.
"Hey, Miyuki-chan, do you think we're near this place yet? So hard to tell, every thing's just sand around here" he questioned and commented.
The boy kept looking back and forth between his map and the environment trying to discern if they were anywhere near the place.
"How are we even supposed to get in there anyway? Never mind find the damned place" he added, scratching his head with his left hand.
"To be honest it still feels weird to be within the same ranks of you Miyuki-chan, I also don't really know exactly what your skills are either hahaha.." he finished with a nervous laugh, looking at her all confused.

ultimategirlninja

[Mission] Sunk

Post by ultimategirlninja » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:30 pm

This was Miyuki's first B-Rank mission ever since her Genin/Chuunin team broke up. This was also her first mission with a SoS member. She had high hopes for this mission to succeed with high honors. Hopefully they will get valuable information from the hidden village. While walking in the desert, Futegai asked two questions, back to back. Yet to Miyuki, it seemed a lot more then that. Wow, this dude speaks quickly, Miyuki thought before saying anything.

"Before I say anything about the mission," Miyuki replied. "I wanted to say congrats on becoming Chuunin. I wanted to say that too you in our last SoS meeting, but I forgot. As for finding the city, I really don't have a clue. From looking at the map, it seems like we are heading in the right direction, but I'm not sure."
Pokemon Stats by Orius
Type: Grass
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Sunagakure no Sato Sp. Jounin
Speciality: Combat Medic
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
D Rank Marsh Country Samurai
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Kao

[Mission] Sunk

Post by Kao » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:38 pm

The map was almost completely hand-drawn, with scribbled, nearly illegible notes on the side. The area the village was supposed to be located in was circled in blue pen. The problem was, the area the circle enclosed represented approximately half a mile in diameter. In the margin of the map, some of the characters of the notes could just barely be made out. The only one that made a bit of sense was:

Stone face marker

In the area, the ninja would not immediately see much. However, there were a few large rocks scattered there. Some of them where half buried, others peeked nearly three feet above the sand. Most of them were long and thing, but others were nearly circular.

Otherwise, there wasn't much in the area. If the two were going to find the village, they had better start thinking and get creative.

Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

WrightJustice

[Mission] Sunk

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:26 pm

Futegai smiled and blushed at Miyuki's comment of congratulations but was then quickly refocused back on the mission from her next comment, nodding before quickly moving back at the map and trying to make out the symbols and signs in attempt to figure out some kind of clue to were exactly they should be going.
"Too bad this thing is so badly drawn... wait... this here" he commented, pointing to one of the markings as a moment of realisation came to him.
"Stone face marker... maybe this can help us but what could it mean?" he added.

Looking up and around the area, the boy quickly examined the desert one more time when he got an idea about the many stones and rocks sticking out of the sand.
"OH!" he blurted.
"Maybe it means one of these rock, like what if some make a face or something?" he questioned.
"Oh but there's so many, if they do, how are we even going to look through them all" his words started to sound of doubt as his face began to show signs of being lost, cringing with despair.

ultimategirlninja

[Mission] Sunk

Post by ultimategirlninja » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:01 am

Their problem was a difficult one. There was many stones in the sand and the place they were looking for was near one of these stones. The longer they were looking, the more of a chance that someone else could figure it out before they could.

"Idk if I know any jutsu that could speed up the process of looking at the stones without hurting the stones....do you?" Miyuki asked Futegai.

I doubt he knows anything of use, Miyuki thought. You never know though. Maybe, maybe not.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Kao

[Mission] Sunk

Post by Kao » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:43 pm

They had all the tools they needed to find the village: a map, and a clue. They were definitely in the right area though. There were stones around, but the two shinobi would have to figure out their significance themselves.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

WrightJustice

[Mission] Sunk

Post by WrightJustice » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:35 pm

Scanning the area and map again whilst listening to his partner, Futegai started to wonder if there was some other faster way to find it out or maybe if it had something else to do with the stones than he thought.
"looking at the stones" Miyuki's words boomed through his head like some use signalling thought, that's when he got an idea.
"That's it Miyuki-chan!" he exclaimed.

With a determined look upon his face, the boy quickly handed his map to the girl and whipped down his large scroll from his back.
"I think I've got it, it must be something about the stones themselves" he explained whilst opening the rolled paper to to smallest of the seals, followed by a few hands seals and a poof of smoke.
"I bet the stones are in some kind of pattern and what's the best way to look at a formation this large?" he continued as the small lemur puppet known as Sekkoushu burst out up high in the sky.
"From up above!" he finished, closing his eyes as chakra too his vision to that of his monkey's and as such, the puppeteer began to scan the area from above in attempt to solve the puzzle.
SpoilerShow
Storage, puppetry technique and

*Kugutsu Ishiki (Puppet Senses)
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Required: *Chuukan Kugutsu no Jutsu [Intermediate Puppetry Technique]
By connecting a chakra string from a part of a puppet or person, the puppeteer is able to transfer their senses from their body to whichever part the strings are connected to on the puppet or human. This allows the puppeteer from ‘see’ and ‘hear’ from the perspective of what is connected to the string.

ultimategirlninja

[Mission] Sunk

Post by ultimategirlninja » Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:22 pm

What Miyuki said seemed to have triggered a way to find the city to Futegai, since he quickly gave her the map and took the scroll off his back. She just watched him as he set up his puppet and launched it into the sky. I guess that would be one way to do that, Miyuki thought. I better do something so I could look for myself. Miyuki did a few handseals. Then, a little while later, a circular gust of wind forms right at her feet. Then, she jumps on it so she would be soaring into the sky. With two pairs of eyes, maybe the puzzle could be solved quicker.
Jutsu UsedShow
* [Wind Element • Wind Launch Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After completing the needed hand seals, a tightly packed circular gust of wind forms right at the feet of the user. The moment someone leaps on it, it sends that person flying in the direction they jumped on it. It's quite powerful and can send an average-sized person (and anything else that lands on it) over fifteen yards at his/her base speed in a straight line. It disappears after one use or lasts unused for three posts. A strength of four or higher is required to resist the effect of this technique.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Kao

[Mission] Sunk

Post by Kao » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Both shinobi would have seen little more than a seemingly random array of stones pointing up from the sand. However, upon further observation, they would have seen that the stones were in an almost oblong circular shape, with some of them scattered within the circle. One could, in fact, argue that the circle was almost in the shape of a head.

That wasn't all. From above, they would be able to see that the stones were huge. Nearly all of them were covered in sand, but the shinobi would have been able to see the outlines. Some were over twenty feet across. The biggest ones were the "eyes," which were complete circles with sixty-foot diameters.

Other rocks were scattered around, making a vague outline of a head. The facial features were there: the eyes, cheeks, and ears. Only the mouth seemed to have been completely buried by the sand.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

WrightJustice

[Mission] Sunk

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:37 am

Using the puppet in the air, Futegai deduced the rocks did seem to at least form some kind of circle after looking at them for awhile, noticing how large the boulders appeared under the sand.
With the idea of looking for a some kind of face, the pattern seemed to easily fit into what he wanted to see has some stones seemed to form into eyes, ears cheeks and all that but not quite a mouth but that's when he realised the mouth was under the sand as could kind of be seen like the rest of the other rocks that were underground.
"Miyuki-chan, do you see the rocks in the shape of a head like me? They all seem huge, especially when you look closely and can see the outline of them under the sand, which the mouth I see is actually fully underground." he asked and explained to his comrade, still looking around for more signs.
"I don't really get what this could mean though because it's still so far spread, unless this whole place is the actual sunken village?" he added.
he started to wonder about the possibility of it being the tip of the village or maybe some secret passage identification but where would the entrance be?
"Hmm... maybe... just maybe, maybe it's the mouth? I mean the mouth is basically a door into our bodies" he started to ponder, thinking about the possibilities.

ultimategirlninja

[Mission] Sunk

Post by ultimategirlninja » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:55 am

Miyuki wasn’t really pay attention to Futegai. She was busy looking at the stones from her aerial point of view. From what she could tell, the rocks formed a face. Yet the mouth part was missing from the face. Maybe that’s where the hidden village is, Miyuki thought. When Miyuki started to fall back down, she did another set of hand seals. After awhile, a “cushion” of air appeared below Miyuki to protect her from major injuries from the fall. Miyuki didn’t speak to Futegai until she was completely on the ground. Let’s get busy. I would like this mission to be quick and easy.

“Let’s check out the area where the mouth would be first before we start looking around anywhere else,” Miyuki commanded. “We might be lucky to at least find more clues starting there.”
Jutsu UsedShow
* [Wind Element • Air Cushion]
D-rank Ninjutsu
After forming a short string of hand seals, air will compact itself into a 4 meter radius "cushion" of sorts that is used to soften a fall from a great height. This won't prevent all damage but it will prevent major injury. It can be used up to twenty yards away from the user. It lasts until the end of the post it’s used in and dissipates after one use.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Kao

[Mission] Sunk

Post by Kao » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:30 am

OOC:
Wtf guys. If I forget about this thing, remind me.
As the two approached the structure, they would notice that there was absolutely nothing there, if you didn't count the sand. It constantly shifted around their feet, making walking somewhat taxing.

In fact, the closer they got to the "mouth" of the structure, the more and more the sand began to shift around their feet. It was as if their presence was upsetting the sand, making it curl in on itself.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

WrightJustice

[Mission] Sunk

Post by WrightJustice » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:39 am

It seemed they both had similar ideas about the mouth and on Miyuki's command, Futegai nodded and began to head forwards after bringing his senses back to himself but keeping the puppet in the air just in case.

As the pair walked towards the mouth, the sand began to rush inwards like quicksand and so, before he got his sorry butt sucked into it, the boy stopped and stepped back a bit before looking at his female partner with a little worry.
"I think we should test it a bit" he commented.

With that a chakra string quickly wound its way into his pouch and whipped out a kunai, slinging it across to the middle of the mouth but staying attached for the time being to pull it back out if he needed to.

ultimategirlninja

[Mission] Sunk

Post by ultimategirlninja » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:29 am

At first, the walk to the area seemed peaceful. Yet Miyuki, like Futegai, saw as they got closer to the "mouth area", the sand seemed to cave in, as if it was quick sand. Then, he commented something about testing it out the area before heading any further to the spot. Yeah, that is a good idea, Miyuki though as she just watched Futegai do his thing. She looked around the area to see if there was anything else to spot. I really hope we don't get ambushed out her like this. We're like sitting ducks out here.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Kao

[Mission] Sunk

Post by Kao » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:59 am

The two shinobi would find that throwing the kunai into the sand didn't do much. It sunk into the sand, only slightly more than one would expect. The kunai was small, too small to do anything relatively useful. If they were going to complete this mission, they would have to investigate more closely. The two were almost certainly in the right place; after all, the area description was something similar to the the cryptic hint they had received. They needed to take action or go home.

Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

WrightJustice

[Mission] Sunk

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:48 am

The kunai sank but slowly and not by much, this could be due to its size but at least they had an idea it seemed to be definitely sinking but Futegai wanted to slowly move forwards and examine the area it sank up close.
"I want to go check this area out, slowly of course" he commented as she slowly and lightly stepped towards where his kunai was thrown, hoping nothing dangerous was going to happen.
"Watch out for if something happens" he added as he began to move, hoping Miyuki would be fine with it all.

ultimategirlninja

[Mission] Sunk

Post by ultimategirlninja » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:57 pm

Miyuki wasn't surprised that the kunai sunk into the sand. That was the test anyways, to see if that was really quick sand. Before Miyuki could say anything, Futegai offered to go ahead and check out the area. That's not good, Miyuki thought.

"Wait dude," Miyuki called out as she did a few hand seals. "At least let me grab onto you first."

After doing the hand seals, Miyuki held out her arms apart and formed a rope in between them. Then, she grabbed the rope and wind it up around Futegai. I hope this works.

"At least I'll try to stop you from falling into the sand. I'll keep moving with you. Keep a weapon at the ready just in case."
Jutsu UsedShow
*Chakra Rope
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
A supplementary technique used to create a rope of chakra, this technique begins with a short set of handseals. Once these have been completed, the user will hold their arms apart and form the rope between them. The rope can be variable lengths to a max of 3 meters in length. It is highly resistant to cutting by any normal object and can resist weak strength techniques quite well. The rope, while resilient, does not provide any defense and finds its use in tying up people or animals, as rope usually does. The rope lasts for a time equal to the user's stamina stat (to a maximum of 7).

*Bind
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Chakra Rope and 6 control
A technique utilizing Chakra Rope, Bind allows users to bind opponents at a range. After forming the necessary handseals and taking hold of the rope created in Chakra Rope, users gain limited control over the rope's range of movements. While most of the movements are fairly basic, the user can use this additional control to wind the rope around an opponent's body, binding them with a rope as strong as mentioned in Chakra Rope.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Kao

[Mission] Sunk

Post by Kao » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:46 am

It didn't matter how slowly the young man moved. When he approached the area with the kunai, the effect was immediate. The sand sunk beneath his weight and, within the span of a heartbeat, he had sunk beneath the sand up to his knees. It wasn't quite like quicksand, but it had no place to get a good footing. Not only that, but the motion of the male shinobi sinking into the sand was nearly enough to pull Miyuki down with him.

The sand around him, if he looked closely, was flowing towards him then sort of disappearing as he sank. It was almost like a drain, pulling Futegai and the surrounding sand down.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

WrightJustice

[Mission] Sunk

Post by WrightJustice » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:46 pm

As Futegai approached the area, Miyuki attached a rope to him, making him simply nod in reply before going further in but suddenly the sand started rushing and dragging both him and her into it.
What was happening? Would they be safe? Was it really the entrance? Only time could tell as the boy closed his eyes in preparation for falling through the sand.

ultimategirlninja

[Mission] Sunk

Post by ultimategirlninja » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:00 am

Even with her precautions, Miyuki and Futegai began to sink into the sand. No matter how much Miyuki pulled, trying to avoid being sunk, the sand was much stronger. Well, Miyuki thought. This is probably the way into the city. It is a hidden city supposedly. Maybe it's hidden under the sand. She closed her eyes and held onto the rope. Whatever happens, happens with them being together.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Kao

[Mission] Sunk

Post by Kao » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:31 am

The sand sucked them in, becoming tight and tighter around the two shinobi's bodies. Once they were up to their chests, it would be near impossible for them to move; the weight of the sand on their bodies was likely much stronger than their ability to resist. They were pulled down, down, down until their heads were completely covered, making breathing impossible without choking on the sand.

They moved downwards, slowly at first, then quickly gained speed. They moved downwards for nearly a full minute until suddenly, the sand around them was gone. Their feet were the first to push through the sand. After that, it was a matter of slipping easily out of the sand. But the shinobi would find no land to greet their feet.

They were falling, several dozen feet down with nothing to grab around them.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

WrightJustice

[Mission] Sunk

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:10 pm

As they sank through the sand, it really did begin to feel like the end, tightening around them, making it difficult to breath until finally breathing was impossible, it really did feel like he was going to die but he just had to believe.
On the other hand, it was a kind of strange and great experience that he had never been through before, seeping through the ground was almost memorising, at least till they popped out of the other end.

Futegai immediately opened his eyes when he felt his weight and the pressure change, feeling as if there was nothing around him, for that was exactly what he was feeling; falling through the air, the boy momentarily felt well and truly like he was going die and even started to have flashbacks but then he recalled Miyuki's jutsu and quickly lookup up at her and smiled, knowing she could save them.

Calming down, the puppeteer then remembered his kunai which was flying with him and he thought he could maybe try and use it to help slow himself down to be closer to his companion but there was nothing in reach, then he remembered the chakra rope, she could quickly pull in closer herself and so he simply reeled in the kunai and grasped it in his hand ready for a windy impact.

ultimategirlninja

[Mission] Sunk

Post by ultimategirlninja » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:16 pm

It seems like we're going to die, Miyuki thought as the two ninjas sank through the sand. But her thoughts was diverted when they didn't die. Apparently under the sand, they were able to release their bodies from it. They were falling, and were going to if either one of them didn't do something quick. Shit! Miyuki wrapped the rope around her arm. She did a set of hand seals. After awhile, a “cushion” of air appeared below Futegai to protect them from major injuries from the fall.
Jutsu UsedShow
* [Wind Element • Air Cushion]
D-rank Ninjutsu
After forming a short string of hand seals, air will compact itself into a 4 meter radius "cushion" of sorts that is used to soften a fall from a great height. This won't prevent all damage but it will prevent major injury. It can be used up to twenty yards away from the user. It lasts until the end of the post it’s used in and dissipates after one use.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Kao

[Mission] Sunk

Post by Kao » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:10 am

Had the girl not thought quickly to make up for her partner's uselessness, the two surely would have met their demise. When they landed, the kunoichi's cushion diminished most of the damage. 'Most,' of course, being the key word.

Due to the great height from which they fell - easily more than two hundred feet - the two wouldn't have been in the best of shape when they landed. Unless they had a decent amount of physical strength to them, they would likely suffer from some sort of sprains and bruising.

When they regained their bearings, the two would find that they were in a very strange place.

They seemed to be in a cavern - a very, very large cavern. It was so large, in fact, that it was able to hold what remained of the sizeable city. Roughly a third of the size of Sunagakure, the village the two found was almost completely in tact - save for the collapse of some of the buildings.

The two had fallen near a large tower that reached the ceiling of the cave - and beyond. There were several of these towers that rose far above the much smaller buildings of the village and pierced through the rock and sand that had sealed the village's fate beneath the earth. It was these towers that had given away the location of the village to the world above.

The village was, of course, deserted. They had time to look around, but they might want to be quick about their search.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

WrightJustice

[Mission] Sunk

Post by WrightJustice » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:18 am

It was quite a crash landing, though pretty fun if not quite frighting to have fallen from such a great height, in any case the height was a bit much for the cushion of air making for a few aches and pains upon hitting the floor.
After a moment of being dazed, slowly wriggled around on the floor in attempt to pull himself together, Futegai finally got up, rubbing his head due to its soreness.
"Gaagh... What a ride" he commented, still a little out of it.
"Looks like we got a little battered here and there but we should be fine" he added, focusing his mind.
"Though, I could do with a few jutsu for instances like this" he thought to himself.
Now fully conscious, the boy looked around and filled with awe at the size of the sunken city, filling with disbelief that something so large could just be taken away like this.
"Wow!" he simply stated in awe.
"I don't suppose you have some kind of way of easily searching this place..." he said, as it dawned how large the place actually was and how difficult it will be to find what they were looking for, not to mention they were going to have to find some way back to the surface.

ultimategirlninja

[Mission] Sunk

Post by ultimategirlninja » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:19 am

Miyuki didn't expect it to be a clean landing. That would be ridiculous. It would take a few moments before Miyuki could stand up properly, being that the fall made her a little dazed. She also got some scratches from the big fall. Once she got up, however, Miyuki saw that they were now in a city. This is definitely the sunken village we are looking for, Miyuki thought. Awesome. Now, let's check out the place for some valuable information. Then, Futegai was saying something about easily searching the place. Miyuki shook her head. This place looks like that it is at least a third as big as our village, so there isn't any easy way to search the place.

"We are going to have to split up and search," Miyuki replied. "If you find anything or get into trouble, launch a weapon or something into the air. I'll do the same. You take the left side and I'll take the right side."

After that, Miyuki started to walk over to her picked side of the village.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Kao

[Mission] Sunk

Post by Kao » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:20 pm

SpoilerShow
The shinobi were in front of what might have once been a large space for markets. After the village's demise, however, the space was now littered with chunks of debris and - horrifyingly - bits of human limbs and flesh, crushed and torn apart by the heavy debris.

There were several huge buildings - including one behind them - that reached up to the top of the cavern and beyond. There were smaller buildings lining the large roads, but nearly all of them were almost completely collapsed. The large buildings, however, were still mostly intact. It was up to the shinobi to decide which buildings to enter.
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

WrightJustice

[Mission] Sunk

Post by WrightJustice » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:35 am

Futegai lightly chuckled at his companion's reply, not really expecting her come out with some super crazy city scanning jutsu, for that would be more of a thing a Kage would have, not a fellow chuunin.
With that, he nodded and turned to look and thoroughly examine the place, only to actually realise how much rubble and dead bodies, or even just body parts, there were lying about.
"Ugghh.. kinda rancid isn't it?" he remarked as he walked around, dancing around all the dead fleshy parts.

There was a rather large building behind them but by the looks of the surrounding area, the place was probably connected to the market and not important, as such, the boy headed left over to the next closest building he could see, just as Miyuki had said before, which would be the seemingly left foot of the remains of the seemingly man shaped city.

ultimategirlninja

[Mission] Sunk

Post by ultimategirlninja » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:34 am

The dead bodies didn't really faze Miyuki. She had seen a lot of them in the hospital, so they were like almost second nature to her. Miyuki just shrugged at Futegai's comment about the place being rancid. This is what happens to villages, Miyuki thought. The villages must have upset the gods or something to deserve this fate. The open space in front of them did seem like it was the spot of their market place, but that wasn't the concern for Miyuki at the moment. She entered the building that seemed to be the right foot of the man shaped city.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Kao

[Mission] Sunk

Post by Kao » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:40 pm

The building Futegai entered was largely intact - on the outside, at least. Inside was a disaster. There were several decaying, trampled bodies near the entrance, the remainder of the people not fortunate enough to escape the strange disaster. The building seemed to be offices of sorts; there were upturned desks scattered around, papers everywhere, and the overall air that it had once been an uptight, business related area.

The building - the first floor, at least - was devoid of living beings besides Futegai. At least, that's how it appeared. Overall, this wasn't the building he was looking for.
It was a lobby. It almost looked like it could be a hotel lobby, but it was hard to tell given all the debris and blood everywhere. Miyuki was in a not-library room. And why would it be a library? The building was a foot.

"Lookie here. A ninja." Sitting atop a rather large fallen piece of rock sat a thin specimen of a man, a toothpick hanging from his lips. He jumped down, grabbing a katana that was resting on the rock next to him. "Good thing you're alone, girlie. Don't want you getting in the way of our looting."
Kao's CharactersShow
Important NPCsShow

WrightJustice

[Mission] Sunk

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:56 am

The building basically just appeared to be some offices with more dead bodies lying around everywhere and no signs of what they were looking for, though, he did recall the secondary part of the mission; Grasping the kunai he had ready since using it to check the sand, Futegai slowly made his way upstairs to check if there was anything he needed to kill.

ultimategirlninja

[Mission] Sunk

Post by ultimategirlninja » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:02 am

At first, the room just seemed like it was full of debris and blood. Before Miyuki could leave however, she apparently got the attention of some dude with a sword. Immediately, she didn't like the dude. He called her a 'girlie', which is something she will never be. He also said something about being in the way of our looting. Last time I checked, Miyuki thought. Futegai and I was the ones that supposed to be looting the place. Oh well, time to take out the trash.

"I'm far from a girlie, tin man," Miyuki replied, not caring of how the dude would feel from name calling.

Miyuki did a few hand seals then grabbed her sword. She then focused the wind chakra into her blade. Miyuki made five slashing movements, as if to cut up the dude's chest. What really happened was every time she made a slash movement, a sphere of wind came from the sword, aiming at the dude. I doubt he'll survive from this, unless he got some Doton moves on him.
JutsuShow
* [Wind Element • Great Air Cannon]
B-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Character must possess a sword of any kind.
Great Air Cannon is a Ninjutsu technique that utilizes a sword. The user will focus wind chakra into his/her blade before making five slashing movements in the air which will release five spheres of air in the direction the slashes were made in. The air spheres have a max range of thirty feet and the damage from each sphere is considered moderate to severe depending on how far the spheres travel before hitting his/her target. These spheres travel at a speed of (ninjutsu+control)/2 with a max of eight and are roughly the size of basketballs.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Yasashikaze Seiken

[Mission] Sunk

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:14 pm

Futegai would climb the dank, dark steps, the sweat from his palm lightly coating the handle of his kunai. He would reach the threshold, aaaaaand...

Nothing. No, seriously, no one was there.

It seems he was back to square one.
The man, seeing the fuuton spheres coming, went to dodge them. However, he did not just simply dodge them by stepping to the side. Oh no, he was far too unique to do that. The first sphere actually appeared to hit him; however, what he actually did was jump back along with the sphere and landed flat on his back with his legs up. The second sphere he dodged by flipping his legs over his head from that position before inverting his body and landing on his side, looking very much inebriated. The third sphere, he sloppily rolled out of the way and rose to his feet, stumbling to the right. The fourth sphere he dodged by bending his torso back at an impossible angle, whipping out a large waterskin that hung from his waist and taking a chug from it. The fifth sphere he dodged by yet again rolling underneath the sphere.

This roll, however, didn't stop just after he dodged the sphere; it continued, suddenly placing the man in sword's reach. With frightening speed, the man flipped up to his feet, rolling right up into Miyuki's face as he roughly grabbed her breasts and gave them a rough squeeze. "Oooh... Daddy like," he sneered before kneeing her in the stomach, knocking her back five feet.

One thing Miyuki would see for certain was that he was a good deal faster than her. However, his attacks didn't do much damage on their own; he wasn't very physically strong.
JutsuShow
*Grab and Twist
D-Ranked Taijutsu
In a similar vein as One Thousand Years of Death, this technique looks to violate the target, though in a much more painful manner. When in the opponent's vicinity, the user will fiercely grab onto the opponent's nether region (male) or chest area (female) and give it a violent twist. Generally, this causes quite a lot of pain for such a simple maneuver unless the area is heavily covered by cloth or another material and getting a grip is not possible.

*Inner Strength of Lu
Prerequisite: Drunken Fist (and a strength of 5 or more)
D-ranked Taijutsu
This is the basis of the style, and is present in all of the ones that follow. After a few drinks, the user begins to stumble, and basically mimic the traits of a drunk. They begin to mumble, and lean at extreme, almost impossible angles, catching themselves quickly at the last moment, all the while acting like they are holding cups used for drinking sake. This requires a lot of (you guessed it) strength, especially in the legs, ankles and core. They used this strength to roll on the balls of their heels, and whip back and forth erratically. This style is mainly used to dodge incoming attacks by confusing the opponent with irregular movements, then switching to an attack style when they move in close.

*One Legged Defense of the Cripple Li
Prerequisite: Drunken Fist
D-ranked Taijutsu
This is a very simple defensive style used when working from the ground. By folding one leg under their selves, the users of this technique are able to lower their center of gravity while focusing on one less limb in their defense, using the outstretched leg in a whirling motion to take out the opposition’s legs. Alternately, if they can lure the opponent into this style for long enough, a surprise shot from the folded leg is not uncommon.
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]
Inactive/Dead CharactersShow
A-Rank Missing Nin KumogakureRanpu HanteiRyokuSister Peace • Status: Inactive
Chunin SunagakureIbara RubiBourou • Status: Inactive
Xavier: "The brand of loyalty you inspire is... interesting."
Cable: "Hammer nurses a grudge like it's a teat."
Xavier: "Weren't you responsible for his quadriplegia?"
Cable: "Never said the grudge wasn't justified."

WrightJustice

[Mission] Sunk

Post by WrightJustice » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:23 am

Futegai felt kind of disappointed that there was nothing there and quickly exited the building with a frown on his face, pondering about what Miyuki might be up to but knowing he had a job and that he was to search the left side unless the emergency signal was given.

Looking out for the signal, the boy headed along the major road which seemed to lead to a smaller building or going off the map, the testicle that was on the left (or the right testicle if you were to look at it as a man facing you).

ultimategirlninja

[Mission] Sunk

Post by ultimategirlninja » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:51 am

Miyuki was in complete shock that her attack didn't go through. What shocked her even more was the man squeezed her breast. Hard. Shit, Miyuki thought. I hate dealing with perverts. They are so....weird to me. They like like any woman they see. Miyuki looked around the room to see it was relatively small. If I do any of my good Wind jutsus here, I'd be hit as well. Man, this sucks. Miyuki got up, then put her sword back into its strap. Then, she smiled at the man while doing a few hand seals.

"If you like that, maybe I should give you something else to work on!" Miyuki said before chakra appeared around her right foot. Then Miyuki dashed forward to the man so she could get behind him and does a switch back kick to his back with her chakra foot, so that way he could go up. If that landed, Miyuki would jump up so her chest would be aligning with Nagami’s back to slash his back with her sword.
Jutsu Used In OrderShow
Chakra Strike
D-Rank Nintaijutsu
Prerequisite: Chakra Burst
While messing around with Chakra Burst, Miyuki created a different way to use it. Instead of channeling chakra to her fist, she would channel it to her foot. Like Chakra Burst, Miyuki will attempt to make contact with her opponent. In the event that the strike is successful, the impact, beyond just a normal kick, gains ½ the strength of an exploding tag.

*Leaf Shadow Dance
C-Ranked Taijutsu
A technique focused on putting the opponent in a vulnerable position in the air, it begins with the user quickly placing themselves below the target. Once in position, the user will use a swift high kick to launch their target into the air. The user will then jump into the air to "shadow" the target with the target's back to their chest. This technique is a set up for the Lion Combo technique.
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Yasashikaze Seiken

[Mission] Sunk

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:18 pm

Futegai would find the entrance to the room housed in the left testicle closed. There would be murmuring heard on the other side of the door along with commotion. It seemed that the people in the room were having a very heated discussion.

What would Futegai do now?
One thing Miyuki would learn about this man from his next trick: he was very flexible.

Quickly back-pedaling, the man would hiccup, lurch forward, and then would roll forward, falling forward in a silly fashion to the point where he was momentarily standing on his head. In that split moment, he brought his katana up from his waist and quickly slashed at the back of Miyuki's thigh as she brought it back from her failed kick.

Regardless of whether the attack landed or not, he'd fall onto his left side, his right knee propped up against his left leg as he held his sheath above his mouth, acting as if he was drinking from it.
JutsuShow
*Inner Strength of Lu
Prerequisite: Drunken Fist (and a strength of 5 or more)
D-ranked Taijutsu
This is the basis of the style, and is present in all of the ones that follow. After a few drinks, the user begins to stumble, and basically mimic the traits of a drunk. They begin to mumble, and lean at extreme, almost impossible angles, catching themselves quickly at the last moment, all the while acting like they are holding cups used for drinking sake. This requires a lot of (you guessed it) strength, especially in the legs, ankles and core. They used this strength to roll on the balls of their heels, and whip back and forth erratically. This style is mainly used to dodge incoming attacks by confusing the opponent with irregular movements, then switching to an attack style when they move in close.

*Skillful Wield
D-Ranked Taijutsu
Prerequisite: 3 wit
With a solid foundation of knowledge on their choice of weaponry, those with the Skillful Wield technique are able to utilize their weapon more fully. By knowing the weapon's weakest points, the user is able to avoid presenting these areas to damage during combat, thus making their weapon less likely to break by means of recklessness.

*Seamless Skill
D-Ranked Taijutsu
Prerequisite: 3 wit
A skill utilized by those on the path to mastery of their weapon, users of Seamless Skill are actively able to transition between offensive and defensive usage of the aforementioned weapon. By transitioning so seamlessly, the user is able to save a marginal amount of energy while attacking.

Iaido-Suiken Style Fusion
C-Rank Taijutsu
Prerequisite: All Iaido Samurai Style techniques, all Suiken Ryuu techniques, 6 taijutsu, 6 wit.
Due to the user's extensive training in both the Iaido Sword style and the Suiken Ryuu martial arts style, the user is able to use both styles' techniques in conjunction with each other without detriment to the user's safety.

*Iaido • Swift Draw
D-Rank Kenjutsu
Prerequisite: 5 Taijutsu
The, literally, most widely recognized attack of Iaido the user is able to draw their katana at a very quick speed and make a powerful slash using that speed in the same instant as the draw happens. This technique is dependent on the user's overall reaction speed as it is usually only used when an opening presents itself or when the user needs their sword quickly.
Active CharactersShow
Jounin KonohagakureYasashikaze Seiken • NoneSpecial Jounin IwagakureRitsuko Kazuya • None JouninKumogakure Hajime Tetsuo • None Special Jounin KirigakureDokueki KenshinMumeiD-Rank Missing NinjaSunagakure no SatoShitsuren Namida • None[/center]

WrightJustice

[Mission] Sunk

Post by WrightJustice » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:56 pm

Futegai's next building choice seemed to be an interesting one, as he quickly heard the sounds of what sounded like some kind of argument coming from inside. In any case, part of the mission was to keep the village a secret from anyone else and so he had to get in there some how and deal with them, though, maybe hey could be useful for information.

Wanting to listen in on the conversation first, the Suna quietly moved as close as possible in attempt to find a spot he could try and do that such thing.

ultimategirlninja

[Mission] Sunk

Post by ultimategirlninja » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:23 pm

Futegai may have been lucky to find a conversation to listen to, but Miyuki wasn't so lucky. She had to deal with some man that she can't even lay a finger on. When the man managed to cut Miyuki's leg, she winced in pain. I got some bad luck today, Miyuki thought as she fell to the ground. The Gods must hate me or something. She looked at the man, who seemed to be calm. She shook her head at the site. He probably was sent to make sure no one disturbs the place for the "looting". Miyuki just looked straight at the man before trying to make conversation.

"So, what are you and your partner looking for?" Miyuki asked the man. "I doubt there is any gold in this abandoned place."
Pokemon Stats by Orius
90 -HP
115 -Attack
80 -Sp. Atk
70 -Defence
65 -Sp. Def
100 -Speed

Hanabusa, Miyuki
Passed 2 B rank missions
Stat trained once

Matsumoto, Kenji
Kumogakure no Sato Genin
Passed 3 D rank missions

Oshiro, Hisako
No missions passed yet

Scribes Of the Sand
If A Mission Times Out
Color Code List
Birthday Thread

Yasashikaze Seiken

[Mission] Sunk

Post by Yasashikaze Seiken » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:13 am

Futegai's listening spot would be by a thinning part of the wall just a few feet to the side. Once he got his ear to the surface, he'd be able to more clearly hear the inside conversation.

Despite the hushed whispers, the men's voices were emotional. "No way... with these maps, we'll finally be able to live in peace, away from the others in this world?"

Another voice, one much older. "Yes, Kiichi. These books tell of hidden oases, ones where water never runs dry and food abounds aplenty. Once we've procured these scrolls, we can finally take our people to a better place... a better life."

A third voice, stammering. "B-But Ojii-san... why don't we just seek asylum with Sunagakure? They've always protected the Wind Country and its borders-"

Kiichi, among other more angry voices, cut the timid one off. "Shut up, Tomoi! Can't you see that Suna's just filled with a bunch of pious shinobi, trying to lord over us all?!"

There was more angry clamoring before a massive crash; Futegai himself could feel the vibrations outside. The older voice boomed out. "Enough!"

Dead silence followed. The older voice continued. "Kiichi, Tomoi is not wrong. Sunagakure has many powerful forces, and they protect the Wind Country and nomads like us. We are not ungrateful for what they do. Still, we also lack our own sovereignty, the capacity to rule and live independently for ourselves. These oases, these sanctuaries, change that. Imagine: we will have a society where the trifles of international politics and conflicts will have no effect on us! We will never have to fear of being victims of war between two nations or be manipulated for their ends! We'll be able to live our lives as we see fit... We'll have true freedom from the darkness of this world."
The swordsman swung his sword, the tiny droplets of blood flying clean from the blade to the sand. He chuckled. "Pfft. I'm not looking for anything. Actually, I've already figured out where what I'm looking for is. I'm just waiting for the go ahead."

A vile grin painted itself on his face as he eyed Miyuki's figure up and down. "I'll tell you one thing, though: what I'd really want is a hot piece of somethin' like you. I haven't had the chance to feel up a chick in a long time, and boy, did it feel good! Whaddya say, toots? You wanna fool around with me while we wait? I promise you I'll make it worth your while..." he chimed, his eyes shamelessly inspecting the femme fatale before him.
Active CharactersShow

Return to “Wind Country”