[Mission] Secret Scroll is Secret

CorgiBro

Post by CorgiBro » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:00 pm

"There is a town with a pawn shop owned by a man who possesses a scroll that could be of value to us. It is not too far away from the village's defenses, and we need you to retrieve the scroll and bring it to Suna. No combat should be necessary."

That's what the scroll given to Haruna read as she entered the very town in question. Sand still whipped around, although not as callously as its been known to in Suna. There wasn't much to the town itself but it served as a resting post for many within Wind Country. Another convenience that he possessed was a pawn shop where travelers would exchange their goods for whatever money they could barter for. Over the years the man has been able to collect many interesting things, piquing the interest of Suna. It sits next to the bar, so he'll occasionally get an angry customer or two, but the owner always been able to dispatch of them despite his old age.

Today he was sitting out front on a chair, a book in hand and a smile on his face.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters
Ueretsu, NobuoGenin of Iwagakure no SatoMissionsSocials

Pokefan137

Post by Pokefan137 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:47 pm

A strange whistle seemed to sound through the air as Haruna mozzied into town riding Pharoah, her two large scrolls set into the large scroll holders on his side. She paused a moment, staring at the town and adjusting the cowboy hat on top of her head. She was momentarily distracted as a tumbleweed rolled between her and the town before her. She stared after the tumbleweed for a moment.

"Weird." she said sleepily. She adjusted the hat on her head, wondering exactly why she had ever chosen to put on the strange, almost foreign feeling hat before she had left, but quickly dismissed the thought as she continued on towards the rest stop. She spooted an old man sitting out front of the pawn shop she was supposed to go visit, and decided to ask him if he knew where the owner was. Trotting over on her amphibious puppet's back, she pulled up in front of the man, adjusting her hat to get a better view.

"Excuse me, sir." she asked sleepily. "You wouldn't happen to know where the owner of the pawn shop would be would you? I'm here to see him about a scroll that might be of value to my organization."
Poke's Shinobi~!Show
[Genin * Sunagakure * Ageha, Haruna * Ara Goliath * Shinreishita Pharoah * Kisei no Sheba * Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C: ? D: ?]

[Genin * Iwagakure * Junai, Kamizuru * Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C: 1 D: 0 ]

CorgiBro

Post by CorgiBro » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:26 am

Drawing his attention away from his daily paper was a girl atop a puppet, something he didn't see everyday but not something that thoroughly surprised him either. His wrinkled face put on an intrigued look as he got up to survey his visitor. Adorned with a colorful and tropical shirt and some light khaki shorts, he seemed to be dressed for the temperature but not the weather. With so much bare skin, he should've been pelted by a lot of sand and yet he showed no gestures or expressions of discomfort. He caught that she was a shinobi from Suna by the headband she wore around her neck, smirking as he began to introduce himself.

"That is me, Yoshitori. Pleasure to make your acquaintance," he spoke cheerfully, offering a quick bow. "I might have a scroll or two in my possession, but riddle me this young one. "What kind of sea, can't you see?" he posed with his eyes fixed on the girl's face.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Pokefan137

Post by Pokefan137 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Haruna smiled, happy to have found the person she was looking for. Then he asked he a question about a sea one couldn't see. It was really strange. She wondered for a moment, trying to think of things you couldn't see. The only thing that really popped up, however, was air. She shrugged deciding to give it a try.

"A sea of air?"
Poke's Shinobi~!Show
[Genin * Sunagakure * Ageha, Haruna * Ara Goliath * Shinreishita Pharoah * Kisei no Sheba * Missions: S:0 A:0 B:0 C: ? D: ?]

CorgiBro

Post by CorgiBro » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:11 am

A sea of air, the man thought to himself, pondering the validity of the kunoichi's answer. It was unique, as most people simply badgered him for asking such a trivial question. However, it was always the first trial for those who wanted to venture into his shop. Many a shinobi have been able to get inside and peruse after passing all of his tests, but none of them have ever been so young. Most likely she had been sent here from Suna to retrieve something in his shop, but there were no exceptions to his rules. She would have to pass the tests like all the others.

"Not quite, young one. You think too much on the nose," he offered, not wanting to give away his answer to quickly. He turned around for a moment, fiddling with his fingers away from Haruna's sign and turned back around. With a quick snap he smiled and began writing on some imaginary canvas. "Do you see the sea which I fancy; A wondrous sight that makes me antsy?" The words were written in what seemed liked foggy cloud-like medium, simply floating there with perfect scripting.

As an added bonus, hopefully telling her that without correctly answering this question she wouldn't be able to succeed in her mission, it would give her some extra oomph to answer his riddle. "This is but one of three tests you are going to be given in order to go inside my shop. Without my word, you may not enter."
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Pokefan137

Post by Pokefan137 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Yep, that sounded about right. Nice old man, riddles to get into his shop. It was standard procedure for a lot of people she knew amoungst the scholarly and eccentric circles. She actually knew a guy who wouldn't let you use the restroom in his house unless you answered one of his math problems. One time he had asked Haruna an incredibly complex calculus problem, and, not having any clue how to do calculus at the age of 11, she had had to ride her puppet at max speed from his house all the way to the nearest shop, almost destroy several customer's tables in the process.

She smiled a bit though. Riddles were much more fun than calculus. She pondered his question for a moment more, trying to think of more things that were invisible. She knew there were jutsu to make things invisible, but the pink haired girl doubted that would be involved in the answer. He said she was too much on the nose, which most likely meant too literal. Maybe she needed to think of something less physical. You couldn't see emotions or thoughts, right?

"A sea of thought?" she asked, throwing it out there. "A sea of emotions? A sea of tranqulity?" she pondered for a moment. "Can you see Jealousy?" The last one was a bit out there. Jealousy sounded like Sea, and you couldn't really see it, per say.
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

CorgiBro

Post by CorgiBro » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:43 am

Perhaps this one wasn't as dull-witted as originally expected. Slowly, but surely she was getting the point of the riddle, though she wasn't completely there yet. All the man could do was nod a little bit with a hand upon his chin. Eventually a smirk fell upon his face and he said, "You're close. So very close. It might just be my imagination, but you'll soon receive what you've come to get."

He wanted to give another hint, though this one should have blatantly told her what it was. He liked her. She had potential.
Characters & CorgisShow
Characters

Pokefan137

Post by Pokefan137 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:38 am

"Fantasy?" guessed the pink haired shinobi. It was along the same logic as her jealousy guess, so she figured she'd try it out. She wondered how many guesses she got before she was turned away. If she was turned away though, she was also curious about how she would complete her mission afterwords.
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage
User flair: Why saigen people?!?

Post by Taiga » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:19 pm

A silence shook the area for quite some time. The shinobi probably would have been fearful at this point. While she was right he decided this was the perfect to chance to test the second part. Not the wit but the heart. "You are close." There was no response after that for at least two minutes till the voice picked up again. "Part two of three, will you ever get to meet me? Are you right or wrong, who is it you trust? Do you need me to verify your answer, is it a must?"

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Pokefan137

Post by Pokefan137 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:52 pm

Haruna sat in silence awaiting the man's response. He was really quiet for a long time, and he had an intense look on his face. She wondered what he was thinking about, and as she wondered, she decided it best to simply stare sleepily at him. Eventually, he said she was close. And then he was quiet again, during which time Haruna decided to keep staring at him. For some reason, staring at things was actually entertaining. She never knew why, just that staring was fun. There was the sensation you got when you stared at something. The colors just started to get brighter, your mind started moving of its own accord. It was just such an interesting experience. He spoke again, however this time, she had next to no idea what he was trying to say. She cocked an eyebrow, and decided to speak.

"Well, I've already met you as far as I know...And you designed the riddle, so I guess you know the answer to whether my answer is right or wrong...And I'm not sure, but don't you have to verify the answer to let me into the store?"
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:28 pm

"Perhaps" the voiced echoed. Oh, he was confusing all right. He really didn't want to hint anymore. "Do you think you are right?" A feint smile crossed his face. All that matters is your will. What's in your heart. She already passed the wit test, but does she have the will?

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Pokefan137

Post by Pokefan137 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:04 pm

Haruna thought about it for a moment. It seemed to fit the criteria of the question, and it did kind of make sense based on the clues. After a moment of thinking, she finally smiled.

"Yes. Yes I do. Final Answer."
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:41 pm

The man couldn't help but smile. "All right. That's two tests you've passed. You have wit, and you believe in yourself." The man frowned. What would he do next- he seriously didn't have a third test. He decided he'd wing it.

"Your next test... can you prove yourself?" He cackled as four raiton clones materialized around the ninja, ready to strike. Infact, two slid below at Haruna's legs, while one through a haymaker from the side. The Last clone leaped into the air aiming to attack from above with a cleave of his interlocked fists.
usedShow
*[Raiton • Clone]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: Bunshin no Jutsu
After the user does the needed hand seals, a clone, lacking substance and the ability to interact with its environment, will form. These clones are destroyed after coming into contact with any physical object. As these clones are not physical, they cannot be located as a living being could be and have no free will, rendering them unable to do more than mimic the user's movements. However, unlike normal clones, these are filled with Raiton chakra. Whenever they disperse, they create a small blast of Raiton chakra in 1 meter in each direction causing slight shocks and numbness. The clone has the following stats: 2 Taijutsu, 1 Stamina, 1 Strength, 4 Speed.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Pokefan137

Post by Pokefan137 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:23 pm

With a quick twitch of her fingers, the super fast puppet Pharoah shot forward at 30 miled per hour, leaping into the air, over the two ground bound clones while Haruna leaned backwards to cuk the attacks of the other two. The puppet ran quickly away, adding distance to the fight to help keep her safe from the enemies.

"I sorta thought answering riddles would be proving myself." said Haruna. However she decided not to dwell on it. With a shrug, she split two sections off of Pharoah's tail, and hot them forward to attack while the rest of Pharoah's body kept her safe at a distance. The part would be able to act like 30 mph bullets in her hands, which would hopefully be enough to help with the issue of the clones.
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:54 pm

The clones didn't care what the shinobi before them had done or used. The electric shapes charged forward in whirling motions swinging around her till they all dove at once, surrounding her from different angles to maximize and opening. Wit was great, but wit and power meant a true shinobi worthy of scrolls. To further drive this point home the man's voice slowly spoke.

"One from above, one from behind, one from below, one from the side. Wit can help where raw power may fail but think to long and you will become nothing but a tale." One thing however, was the man behind the door was certainly happy to see it was a puppet user who was after his puppetry scrolls.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Pokefan137

Post by Pokefan137 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:55 pm

The clones were fast, but Haruna's puppet was faster. She had lots of experience staying completely and totally away from direct combat, which meant she wasn't about to let these lightening clones get anywhere near her. She was constantly on the move, staying far enough away from the clones to avoid any contact with them, but close enough so her projectiles could work there damaging magic. After all, they couldn't surround her if they couldn't catch her. And, for an added bonus, she decided to have Pharoah fire his mouth harpoon at the clones, hoping to eliminate them with one or more of her attacks.

"I've never been the best at either wit or power." confessed Haruna. "However, the one thing that I've always been good at is surviving. Powerful opponents have attacked me before, but the main way I've been able to beat them is to let them burn their energy while I conserve mine with chakra conservative attacks. When you study history, you learn how to wait for a very long time."
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:57 pm

The old man was quizzical for a slight moment as the puppet annhilated the clones, then the door locks slowly started to be removed. The shinobi outside would be able to hear the metallic clicks and shaking involved as one by one the sounded off. It was like a full piece of music in distance. As the last lock was undone, the door still appeared locked. Smiling inside the house, the man released a genjutsu.

A door sat on the other side of the place- hanging open. The true location of the door had been hidden for some reason. "You've almost won shinobi, it's almost yours. Enter now but beware what I urge. What awaits inside is far worse than before, far worse than anything you studies in lore." How would the shinobi react?

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Pokefan137

Post by Pokefan137 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:49 pm

Haruna shrugged. "Okay." The pink haired girl slowly started walking towards the open door. She was hear to get the scrolls, and if she needed to enter this shop for another challenge to do so, she would. Helping the Rekishi Juu and Scribes was a top priority for the pink haired historian, and she would do her best not to let any of them down.
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:58 pm

As the girl entered into the chamber, light would have flooded her eyes blinding her for a second. When things ended she would notice something- there was no old man, but an old woman, an old woman on her deathbed almost. She smiled, her vile teeth showing. "What's far worse than anything, is me. I'm living proof your beauty and youth will leave you. I'm living proof of what you will become. What being a shinobi will do to you. It will tire you, it will wear you down. I am but fifty-thre-" She didn't finish and pointed to the book on the desk nearby, putting her head on the pillow. "I'll just rest now."

Was this trickery, just what was going on?

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Pokefan137

Post by Pokefan137 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:43 pm

"...But you're beautiful." said the pink haired shinobi, genuinly unsure of why she would say she wasn't. Haruna was a history nin. Her whole life she had been around all that was old. She had seen mummies from thousands of years ago, and the temples they were laid to rest in. Almost all of her family was over fifty, and she found each and every one of them to be beautiful. To her, age was a thing of beauty in itself, and only grew more beautiful as it progressed further and further through the rivers of time. As Haruna stared at the old woman, she could only see beauty, though she was afraid that the woman might be sick. It was times like this that she wished she knew more Iijutsu, so she could help the sick and ailing.

The woman pointed to a book, and Haruna obediantly walked over and opened it. Perhaps the woman wanted her to read it to her. Haruna had lots of experience with the elderly outside of her family, often interviewing them and asking them for their story so she could record their lives for the annals of history and learn more about their experiences, so reading a bed time story wasn't really anything out of the ordinary for someone like her.
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:04 am

The woman listened to the girls sweet words. She didn't care much for them at all. "Don't tell such lies little girl. I hope reality hits you soon and you realize being a shinobi will only cause you to become bitter, locked in your home, afraid, not trusting, and old and used." She cackled slightly than pointed at the book. "Go on then, that's the book you came for. Just don't let it over take you like it did I. You can get lost in that book, and when you look up from the pages, years will have gone by.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Pokefan137

Post by Pokefan137 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Haruna cocked her head slightly. "Um, I have members of my family who are over seventy who are shinobi, and they're extremely happy. And they spend much of their time doing research, investigating ruins, reading and catagorizing books, and other related things, and they cherish each and every day." she cocked her sleepy eyed head back to the upright position. "I feel as though your statements are based more on personal experience than on the majority of shinobi society, although I think much of it has to do with the fact that you're alone out here, except for maybe that old man out front, who at this point I'm not sure was real or not."

The pinked haired girl moved closer to the old lady, holding the book in her hands. "First off, lying isn't really part of my nature unless it's for a mission. You've already given me this book, and therefore the mission is pretty much over on my end, yet I still think you're beautiful. In my family, age is always seen as a thing of beauty, especially considering that we study history all the time. And secondly, why do you feel alone when you live in this town full of people you can go interact with. You could pretty much go to any one of them and talk if you chose, and if it's an issue of mobility, I'd be more than happy to take you around town so you can make friends."
Poke's Shinobi~!Show

Taiga
Raikage
Raikage

Post by Taiga » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Even though this was all true the old lady was stubborn and didn't want to listen. "Go, before I change my mind girl. Your family isn't every shinobi either, and you haven't experienced what I have. Just you wait, this can happen to you. Beauty doesn't matter. We're tools."

The lady sat up and pointed a finger at the door. "You already disturbed me. The first person to knock on my door in ages, and of course they want something from me. You got what you want, now leave."

Pass.

[Le Other Ones]
Gang Hua, Chihiro

Return to “Wind Country”