The needle in the sand stack!

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:07 pm

The wind was whipping around sand in the face of anyone that was out roaming around the outskirts of Sunagakure no Sato and of course there was someone out there. A pickpocket had been making the desert his home, and Suna's inhabitants his regular targets, this was not to be tolerated. So a young Chuunin was given the task of locate and capture. There was one issue with this one though. Apparently the young thief was quite skilled at not only avoiding capture, but also was versed in some minor nin and taijutsu. This wasn't too much of a problem, but that was the reason for it being bumped from a D to a C Ranked mission.

This thief had been working Suna for a bout a month now, and while efforts had been made prior, it had just come to the attention of those higher up that this individual used to be a lower level ninja, and he or she was based somewhere out in the desert. The tracks that had been followed had lead out north from the village. They then veered east for a bit and then back west. The devil was severely trying to deter any followers, because the tracks circled that same area at least eight times.

With focus and bit of patience the right trail could be discerned, through all of the other crap, and the true heading was east. The wind was picking up more dust, yet with the true course discerned it hopefully wouldn't take the ninja long to find his bounty.
KINOSEIShow
Characters
RankCharacterVillageMissionsSocials/Lonlies/TrainingsJutsu BreakdownCompanions
D-RankNaegi KinoseiSunagakure no Sato
  • S: 0
  • A: 0
  • B: 0
  • C: 0
  • D: 0
  • Socials: 0
  • Lonlies: 0
  • Trainings: 0
    • Naegi: 5
    • Iijutsu: 3
    • Suiton: 3
    • Fuuin: 3
    N/A
UYEDAShow
Characters
GeninIsobe UyedaKonohagakure no Sato
    • Taijutsu: 10
    • Katon: 0
    N/A

Oth

Post by Oth » Wed May 01, 2013 3:55 am

Orba followed the thief's trail to the northern side of the village. While following the tracks, he observed his footprints and memorized their shape and pattern as he followed them.

He was found at a crossroads between east and west and they were a bit jumbled up. Orba was really surprised at this at all. Being generally a calm person, it only took him a moment to trace out the tracks and found that the tracks he wanted to follow continued eastward instead of westward.

Ign0miny

Post by Ign0miny » Mon May 06, 2013 8:58 am

At first glance there was nothing out here that could really be a notable hideout, it was just sand and several dunes, and the odd old landmark that would help weary travelers find their way through this desolate area. Cacti were in abundance, along with buzzards that let the tracker know that there was a dead animal somewhere nearby.

This or the fact that a buzzard was shot from the sky with a crudely made arrow probably tipped of the ninja that he was on the right track. When the nin finally made it to the dunes he would see an impression of a young woman. She had apparently been lying in the dirt faking death so that an animal might happen by. She then used a high powered bow to kill whatever it might be (in this case a buzzard) and then she carried off the animal in an easterly direction.

She was gone when he reached the area, but the area had enough tracks to tell the story. She wasn't far ahead of him if he ran he could catch her, or he could keep a low profile to see where it was she was holding up and take her out there, or find another means of taking her in to the authorities.

The sun was still high which made this day extremely hot, in the desert he would have to drink water or he would die from dehydration.
KINOSEIShow
Characters
D-RankNaegi KinoseiSunagakure no Sato
    • Naegi: 5
    • Iijutsu: 3
    • Suiton: 3
    • Fuuin: 3
    N/A
UYEDAShow
Characters
GeninIsobe UyedaKonohagakure no Sato
    • Taijutsu: 10
    • Katon: 0
    N/A

Oth

Post by Oth » Sat May 25, 2013 12:02 am

Before climbing up dunes and exhausting himself, Orba made handseals, channeling wind chakra to his feet so he could skate his way around the desert without tiring himself nor ruining the footprints he was following.

Orba had water and a systematical way of drinking it. He had fuuton as well as the fact he was only wearing a simple shirt both to keep himself cool and composed.

He read the tracks and read the story. He could tell there was a person here and they just got up and left. Orba followed the tracks, now moving a bit faster than normal due to his skating. He would hopefully find the person he was looking for soon enough.

Just in case anything happened, Orba was already making handseals.
SpoilerShow
*[Wind Skating]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the needed hand seals, the user is able to glide on air as if they were skating on ice. This allows them to move faster (+1 speed) but lowers their accuracy (-1 Taijutsu). This doesn't allow them to fly, but rather to travel over things like land, water, and ice with greater ease. The user is only held several inches off of the ground. This Jutsu does not expire until the user’s chakra supply runs out or the user shuts it off.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:41 am

As Orba picked up the pace, taking the top of the dune, he would spot the girl for a moment on the top of another, but she would look bac and take a look at her opponent, and then disappear to the other side as Orba made his way down. He had his target and was moving in the right direction, but he would still require some catching up.

In the distance, through the whistling wind, Orba would hear the sound of a terrible screaming, starting very suddenly. It was a feral, bloodcurdling, reptilian-sounding howl, and Orba would learn today that certain reptiles could scream.

but to what end?
NOTE: I won't be here on weekends. My being gone then doesn't mean I've abandoned you or the site.
Jesamin, SakakiKonohagakureJounin-[color=#ff34b3]
[color=3cc8800]Samata, Jiigo[/color][color=3cc8800]SunagakureGeninNefarious
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=#cc8800]Aoichio, Sensuke
KumogakureChuunin-[color=#CD4F39]Shirou, IrukaKirigakure
Genin-[color=#0080ab]Sakebi, IshiIwagakure
Chuunin-[color=#84462b][/center][/center][/center][/color][/center][/center][/center][/center]
[color=3cc8800]

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:05 pm

Oth has been given 72 hours to post as of now.
NOTE: I won't be here on weekends. My being gone then doesn't mean I've abandoned you or the site.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
Chuunin-[color=#84462b][/center][/center][/center][/color][/center][/center][/center][/center]
[color=3cc8800]

Oth

Post by Oth » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:13 pm

IOC: I'll post on Tuesday cause I have an exam tomorrow. On my phone now.

seiuchiblarg

Post by seiuchiblarg » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:45 pm

The extension the user asked me for has ended; he now has 48 hours to post.
Insidious
Malicious
Sinister
[color=3cc8800]

Return to “Wind Country”