Famine in the bosom of prosperity

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:12 pm

Kamizuru, the god amongst men and the king amongst gods, was currently in his birthplace of Daiura. In a massive contrast to that of Sunagakure, Daiura was a city filled with life because at its core it was a city about money. Here where thousands and hundreds of thousands meet and participate in merchant trade, buying and selling goods and services without restraint. This was a town more about business than military preparedness. Here desire was profitable and greed celebrated. It was a place where the hearts of man could thrive for the good and the bad.

It was here that his family’s bank was located and it was here that Kamizuru grew up understanding the luxuries that could be afforded in the land of wind. To him it wasn’t a massive desert wasteland, but a powerful nation exploding with untapped wealth. It was here that he had already begun making a name for himself.

The golden king of gods was, at the moment, located in a small room draped with thick velvet curtains and the strong aroma of burning incense and alcohol. While it was the middle of the day when the desert sun was most merciless inside this room was nearly pitch black. At the moment Kamizuru was indulging in the many luxuries he was forced to forgo within the village hidden in sand. At the moment Kamizuru felt more like a king. He in the room he had reserved for himself and only for himself within Daiura’s most impressive brothel. Kamizuru sat in the extra comfortable lounge chair with the company of a beautiful nude young man and a pair equally attractive women. He raised his cup filled with wine and his companions did the same, toasting to his glory.
RPCsShow

Shoshiki Hoten Likes: Tanaka Aimi, Feeling sunshine/Dislikes: Abuse of others/Hobby: Acting/Extra: Drools when he sleeps

Kashimaste Kamizuru Likes: Power, Being worshiped as the greatest of all gods!/Dislikes: Blasphemers/Hobby: Plotting/Extra: Actually prefers to do his own housework

Araki Kisuke Likes: Cute boys, Music/Dislikes: Others trying to control his life/Hobby: Singing/Extra: Left Handed

Amy

Post by Amy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:17 am

Iri sat against the building, her arms crossed over her lap. Even touching the building disgusted her. She supposed that she really shouldn't have been surprised but at the same time, Kami was so hard to read. Ever since they had met he had confused her. Consistently an ass to her, about her, and about the statue. She felt like a broken record with him. It was all she wanted, all she could think about. Life would be so much easier if he just gave into her already. Iri had thought he didn't even care, that the desire to own her was all some lie just to have an excuse. But then, he had saved her life.

Her hand sat over the place the blade had cut her. The medics had healed it completely so no scar remained. Sure, the medics may have gotten to her in time but she still couldn't ignore the fact that he had come to her and carried her to them. She just didn't understand. Was it because he cared or simply because he wanted her alive to keep playing his game. It why she had stopped keeping an eye on him for a bit. Trying to distance herself. But it had only worked for so long. It was why she was leaning up against a brothel now, ignoring the strange looks she was getting.

It should have been easy to pick up his trail again. She did what she had been doing, waiting for him across the street from his stupid big house but this time he never showed up. So of course the first thing she did was break in and try to find her statue. The note was the first thing that caught her eye though, before she could even start searching.

"Unfortunately the statue and I are not here. I will be in Daiura until further notice. Goodbye, my little bird."

Crumbling the note in hand she had stalked out of his house. He had seriously taken it with him. The last time he did that it almost got stolen! Readying herself quickly she took off after him. If he was going to be this stupid she would just have to be the one to steal it this time. In such a busy town she would have to be able to find an opportunity to take it from him. It was why she was leaning against the brothel now. At least he stood out in a crowd and she had easily been directed to where he was. However, since she refused to enter the building her only option was to wait for him to come out.
My CharactersShow
B-Rank MNKatō, Tsubaki #DC143C #C82848
Sp. Jounin • Kirigakure no Sato • Araki Kiyo #DDA0DD
Akibushi • Heart Empire • Kimura, Misaki
Genin • Iwagakure no Sato • Kazuma #00BF80

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:31 am

Kamizuru was enjoying skinship with his three companions when another man entered his velvet room. The golden king of gods had put this very man on an assignment and he was the only one allowed to disturb the golden god king. That was how vital this information was. The man walked up to Kamizuru and whispered into his ear. The god king smiled triumphantly and stood without hesitation. He wrapped his cloak around him and walked out of the room, leaving the three behind. He had more important things to do than satisfying his flesh – at least for now.

The god king walked out of the brothel a short time later to find another gift waiting for him. Things always seemed to work out better and better lately. Kamizuru grinned at the genin kunoichi standing there. She was obviously waiting for something – someone. It was obvious that this girl had been waiting for him. The fact that she had come all this way on her own accord and then found her way to him was more than satisfying to Kamizuru. The power of perseverance was truly remarkable.

You are a far way from Sunagakura, my little bird. And quick too. It seems that you found my message.” He crossed his arms in front of him while staring her up and down. He couldn’t say he didn’t expect her, however at the same time it was miraculous when people really did act within your expectations. If he had divined a role for her himself, she couldn’t have played it better. Kamizuru only put his arms down and turned away from her finally. “Since you are here now. Why not accompany me.” He said finally before walking forth. It was obvious that he had other things to attend to today.
RPCsShow

Shoshiki Hoten Likes: Tanaka Aimi, Feeling sunshine/Dislikes: Abuse of others/Hobby: Acting/Extra: Drools when he sleeps

Kashimaste Kamizuru Likes: Power, Being worshiped as the greatest of all gods!/Dislikes: Blasphemers/Hobby: Plotting/Extra: Actually prefers to do his own housework

Araki Kisuke Likes: Cute boys, Music/Dislikes: Others trying to control his life/Hobby: Singing/Extra: Left Handed

Amy

Post by Amy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:58 am

Every time the door to the brothel opened, Irihi's head turned quickly to the side, looking for the flashes of gold and purple that would alert her to Kami's presence. It was repetitive but she had waited this long, she wasn't going to give up now. The creaking door sounded again and her head turned to look before pulling back around in disappointment. Wait...her head snapped back over, and sure enough there was Kami, looking utterly pleased. Iri knew that she had played right into his hand by showing up. It was irrelevant though. She needed every chance she could get.

As he crossed his arms and stared at her, she mimicked his body position. Her own arms covering her chest, her feet set wide and firm. If he asked her why she was there, she didn't know what she would say to him. Telling the truth was probably the easiest. He had left her note in his own house, waiting for when she broke in. There was only one reason that she would be there. Despite preparing herself for the possibility she wasn't surprised when he didn't ask her anything at all. He thought he already knew everything he needed to know.

Shoving herself off of the wall as he began moving, she trailed behind him a few steps. Her own arms still crossed over her chest. "The fact that you would involve yourself in a place like that is disgusting." She refused to answer him directly. Not if he was going to insist on using that pet name. "Don't you have better things to do with your time and money, Kami? Seriously?" As they moved through the town she stayed several steps behind him, watching him. Trying to figure out if he had the statue with him even now. Not really caring at all where he was leading her.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Even when he wasn’t looking at her, a smile was covering his face from just her voice. He could hear the condemnation. It seemed this naïve little girl did understand something about the world, maybe not enough though. Kamizuru didn’t even turn around, his concentration was straight ahead.

I’m afraid you are in no position to judge the actions of the king amongst gods.” He said absently. Kamizuru was always a difficult person, especially to those who in the village who mistook him as a soldier back in the village. He truly believed he was above the moral inclination of man and no rules of society truly applied to him. Simply put, he rejected all rules that didn’t serve his own purposes. “However I do believe that your sentiment is delectable, there is no reason for you to be jealous. After all I am waiting for you.” He looked over his shoulder for just a moment to flash his golden smile before facing forward again.

The king amongst gods had a few trips to worry about foremost. The first would be the market. He needed to stalk up on food. The Diaura market was packed with people however Kamizuru didn’t have a problem navigating through a crowd. There was always something about him. Perhaps it was his appearance covered in gold with a splendid appearance. Perhaps it was the confident aura that surrounded him. Regardless of the factors people always seemed to notice him whenever he walked by and like the commoners they all parted ways for him. In recognition of his glory above them. At least that was what Kamizuru had told himself.

He didn’t waste time and immediately found a merchant who was stalked with herbs and other supplies like rice and meat. He had to be a wealthy merchant because he had one of the vastest collections of goods compared to all the other merchants. A round man with a thick beard. He smiled as soon as he met eyes with Kamizuru.

“Ah, Kamizuru! It is good to see you. Are you ready?” The man asked before looking past him to the girl following the golden king of gods. “Who is this young lady? It is unlike you to be with company of one so beautiful! Why not buy her a few flowers, hmmm?” The man smiled. It was obvious that he was a master of flattery as a sales pitch.

There is no need. This girl is my wench and will attending to me for a while.” Kamizuru retorted.
RPCsShow

Amy

Post by Amy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:00 pm

Iri sneered at him when he turned to grin at her. As though he were being nice or something by telling her to not be jealous. Waiting for her. Would he ever get it through his thick skull that she was not going to allow herself to be owned? The women at the brothel may be okay with it but she was not. If it took ten years for her to be able to get the statue back, she would rather wait then submit to him and be his. She had yet to find a single redeeming quality in the man. Sighing loudly she continued to mope behind him wondering where they were going but refusing to allow herself to ask. She would find out soon enough. Not speaking to him was worth the curiosity.

As they moved through the market, her arms started to loosen, eventually falling to her sides. Iri didn't make it to the town very often so it was still a bit of a novelty. The bright colors that cut into the dull scenery of Suna, the shouting vendors and the happy mill of the crowd. It was difficult to stay annoyed in such a situation even as she followed behind a man that seemed to part way through the crowds just by being himself. It certainly didn't help that by following behind him she earned herself many glances and stares, causing her shoulders to square and her chin to raise up. They could stare all they wanted. It didn't change her stance.

When they stopped at a vendor, finally, Iri stepped to the side of Kami and began poking around the tables. Trying to look occupied as she continued to think about how to get the statue. Or even how to find where it was. At the vendor's words her face reddened, but she kept it tucked down. He was just trying to sell more goods there was no wa-

The entire table shook as Irihi's fist slammed onto it. Her eyes were narrow as she stared at Kami over the tops of her glasses. "Excuse me?!" Within moments she was next to Kami, shoving his shoulder so that he was forced away from the table enough to stand toe to toe with him. "Let's get a couple things straight. You do not own me. You are not WAITING for me. And for the love of everything good and holy I am most certainly. Not. Your wench!" She wanted to hurt him. Badly. But everyone was already staring.

So instead, a low growl coming from her throat she turned on her heel and stomped away from him, the crowd parting for her this time.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:30 pm

The merchant turned his head in surprise at the girl’s sudden outburst. His eyes staring wide at the spectacle that was the infuriated Irihi. Someone however Kamizuru wasn’t the least bit affected. When the sudden bang rang out and everyone in the surrounding area looked to the noise Kamizuru kept his eyes forward – a playful smile at the corners of his mouth. She walked up to him. Directing her pure rage at him. it was almost as if he knew this would happen. He found something delightful in prodding at this girl, finding out just what swayed the hearts of mortals was one of the past-times of the king of gods. And this girl seemed to have heart in spades.

He looked down at her, unflinching as she continued to berate him in the center of the market. The overall atmosphere had instantly changed. This was truly marvelous to the king of gods. When she stormed off he only stared at her departure and walked back up to the merchant.

She is a handful. Still, I would like your men to deliver the supplies to the location we discussed.

Seeming to come back into his own tempo the merchant gave a wry smile to the golden king of gods. “Oi, oi, Kamizuru. You know I don’t like to give away what I have worked hard to achieve. I am only doing as a favor to you because you gave me the cash I needed to expand my business.”

I have told you already that you are not losing anything in this arrangement. You will have twice the working force when I am finished. Besides these kinds of exchanges makes you seem like a more reliable partner to the local banks.” The merchant only shook his head and allowed Kamizuru to be on his way. He had a lot more things to deal with. One of which was a visit with a few city representatives. Kamizuru kept walking to his destination before finding himself curious as to where that young girl ran off to.
RPCsShow

Amy

Post by Amy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:06 pm

The absolute nerve! Iri didn't even know where she was going only that if she didn't keep moving she was going to lose her mind. Calling her his little bird was one thing. That was annoying at best but she could live with it to a degree. What she couldn't handle was being called wench. Like she wasn't a Shinobi of their village the same as Kami. Like she wasn't a dignified woman. Her pace increased substantially as his words ran through her mind again. She wanted to go back and yell at him some more.

Her rage induced fit exhausted her and she soon found herself collapsed on the side of a fountain, the water splashing onto her face as she tried to cool the heat that had gathered in the surface of her skin. Iri didn't know why she kept putting herself through this. Every time they were together he pissed her off. He had to be dong it on purpose. You didn't call someone a wench and honestly think they weren't going to have a problem with it. Groaning loudly, not caring about the random people looked over her way, she threw her arm over her eyes. Iri knew that she should just go home. It wasn't worth it. Nothing was worth this pain and suffering.

But still, the thought of leaving while the statue was still there and there were so many people wasn't something that she could do. It pained her more than being called a wench angered her. Throwing herself up from the fountain she began a new search. All it took was a question of having seen a man dressed in gold and purple and they either instantly knew him or they didn't. Those who did gave her an almost apologetic look as they pointed her in the direction they saw him traveling. The closer she got the more hardened her expression came. She wasn't going to waver not towards forgiveness and not towards anger. She was there to find the statue. That was it.

When she finally found him, he was talking to men dressed in formal wear. Officials of something. Not a conversation she wanted to be a part of. Walking so that she would be in his line of sight she crossed her arms again, looking away from him. If he still wanted her to travel with him, he would come get her. Otherwise, she would just trail from behind.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Kamizuru made it to the city hall with good time, with more than enough time for his scheduled meeting with some officials from Daiura. At first they seemed dispassionate about his question but after some time with the king of gods he was able to sway their hearts. They were simple people to Kamizuru and it was easy to divine what they wanted and offer it to them. It was all working according to his plan. He walked out of the building with an official at his side to finalize their deals.

There is truly nothing to worry about. I have everything properly planned.” With that he noticed a certain person in his peripheral. Standing not too far away from him was none other than his little bird. Despite her flying away from him it seemed like fate kept drawing her back. She waited for him, perched never too far. The official offered a parting curtesy to the king over gods and they separated. With that Kamizuru walked up to the girl waiting for him for the second time this afternoon.

Good, you are present. I nearly feared I would have to launch a search for you. You are able to ride saddleback correct?” He asked quickly before walking ahead again. Kamizuru’s preparations were complete and he didn’t have the time to stop and chat with her. He had too many pressing matters to attend to. He made it to the city gates where a caravan was waiting for him. A line of nine camels, all toting goods were prepared for the king of gods as well as a massive black horse to be personally ridden by him. He turned back to her. “Would you like to ride one of the camels or on horseback with me?” He asked her with a bright grin.
RPCsShow

Amy

Post by Amy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:37 pm

Despite her desire to growl, sneer, and maybe scream at Kami she simply kept her jaw clenched and followed behind him after a solid nod to confirm that she knew how to ride. She tried to reason with herself that what she was doing was perfectly logical. But no matter how she looked at it, she could have been back home with her mom. Training. Learning. Doing anything other than going to a completely unknown destination with the person who she really hated more than anything. At his question though, she found herself torn, torn enough to be able to ignore his grin.

Camels were gross. They did not make a pleasant ride. But to ride with Kami on the horse...she'd have to sit pressed against him. It seemed almost worse than the camel. Her shoulders deflated though because she knew that she wasn't going to choose the camel. And she was going to have to say it. "I'll ride on the horse with you." So many sentences wanted to follow. That she wouldn't enjoy it. In fact, she would quite hate it. She would rather walk next to the horse than ride it with him. But she kept her mouth closed. It won't only amuse him and she was tired of amusing him. She wasn't put there to entertain him. Despite what their short history told her.

He held his hand out to her and for a moment she only stared at it. Could she get up on the horse alone? The beast was huge. She was worried to have problems. If she startled the horse it could run off. Hurt her or someone else. It was safer to let him help her. Sighing heavily she placed her hand in Kami's and let him maneuver her to the horse. Stepping high into the stirrup she started to heave herself into the saddle, startling when she felt Kami's hands close around her waist and settling her into the saddle. She knew that she was blushing. The apples of her cheeks a faint red. She scooted herself forward, her manners overriding her hatred, mumbled words falling from her mouth.

"Thank you."
My CharactersShow

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:11 pm

Kamizuru had his hand out patiently waiting for her to make her decision. While he was running around, all day today trying to organize himself with little time for anything else she had the habit of forcing his hand. He felt compelled to wait for her. Watch the emotions fly though her eyes, clear as day. He was truly curious as to what she would choose. A more than satisfied smile came over his face when she chose the horse, and more importantly him. A good part of himself had already gambled that she would take the trail with the camel.

She took his hand and he didn’t let his smile down, while helping her onto the borrowed steed. Once she was safely onto the saddle he climbed up, using vectors as a quick boost. He put his leg over the other side and made himself comfortable on their shared seat. That meaning wrapping his arms tightly around her. Another surprise to the king of gods was her soft words of thanks. Truly a shock to his comprehension of the girl causing him to doubt how well he understood this character in the first place. He couldn’t stand it anymore; his grin grew so large that his cheek muscles began to ache. Finally when he believed that he had some control over the feelings swirling within himself he pulled off his cloak and covered her head with it. They had a long journey ahead of them. This girl truly was remarkable to Kamizuru.

Finally, softly he replied. “Anytime, my little bird.

With that he started the horse and the caravan behind him. They had to make a trek through the interior of the country and through the desert. The horse was a jerky ride they made excellent time thanks to Kamizuru being more than familiar with navigating through the desert. The sun and stars offered more than a map to him. Still it was a long walk that forced them to take breaks and to make camp for the night. He dismounted off of his horse and let Irihi down. “You can make a fire? Yes?” He offered her charcoals carried with him from Daiura.
RPCsShow

Amy

Post by Amy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:53 pm

Iri found her breaths coming shallowly as they rode off and out of the village. Something that she should have thought about before getting on the horse. But she hadn't thought of it. He was confusing her greatly all of a sudden. Kami's words, the softness matching her own. The way he threw his cloak over her head to protect her from the elements. She hated him, she wasn't supposed to feel a kindness towards him when he helped her. The only reason that Iri was there in the first place was because of him! Everything else was manageable until he wound his arms against her waist, pulling them together. Iri knew it was how they had to ride but it didn't make it any easier to stomach.

She didn't speak while they rode and she realized that she hated him just a smidgen less when he wasn't talking to or taunting her. It also gave her time to think of where he might have the statue. As she had many times in the past month, she wished that it was larger and not so easy to hide. He hadn't had a lot on him when she found him and Iri sincerely hoped that he wasn't leaving it in the hands of anyone else. The very thought was enough to stiffen her in the saddle. They were pressed tightly together, she would be able to tell if the statue was between them. Which meant it was possible on his back. She would have to find a way to search his robes once they dismounted. While was asleep would be the perfect time. The sand would do well to muffle her footsteps.

As night fell, the heat disappeared and Iri found herself pressing further against Kami's body, attempting to draw as much heat from him as possible. It didn't keep her from shivering lightly, though, a fact she tried to ignore. Finally, Kami was ready to stop and he helped her dismount as she finally realized what she had gotten herself into. She was in the middle of the desert, somewhere, alone with Kami. No one knew where she was. Fear began to grow in her stomach but she pushed it down, taking the coals in hand.

"Yes, I know how to start a fire." Settling herself in the sand she quickly had a large fire going. Sitting close to it, her knees buried in the sand, she looked up to Kami, not even realizing the position she was in when she spoke, a slight edge to her voice. "You did get the okay to come out here, right?"
My CharactersShow

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:13 pm

When she had a proper hearth going Kamizuru stopped in front of the fire, covering himself with his cloak that he took back. He looked down at her with an ever present grin. His amber eyes glowing with the embers. He raised his hand to his waist.

Yes, in fact I am on a mission at the moment. I would have disclosed that information to you however you seemed uninterested in our destination so I didn’t want to bother you. I suppose it was more entertaining to guess your own intension for wanting to come along with me in the first place. My what a single track mind you have.” His pearly teeth shone against with starlight. “Fret not. I will explain that you were a last minute addition to this assignment. Everything shall be easily explained.

He finally took a step back and sat against the shifting ground. He laid down and put his hands behind his back, relaxing against the sand and soaking up whatever residual heat was left from a hot day. He was a king and usually preferred not to make camp on a dune like this but he had no choice. The destination was just too far at the moment to push through. Especially not with this young girl who was still a genin. He smiled to himself this time. “I mean, I will explain whatever it is that you want to be explained. After all, the desert night is cold and lonely.” He said. He would lay there unmoving for the night if not disturbed. While Kamizuru enjoyed luxuries he was not beyond rougher living conditions.
RPCsShow

Amy

Post by Amy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:39 pm

Iri's eyebrows drew together. He was on a mission? Interesting. It certainly explained a lot...didn't it? No. Well, maybe? Shaking her head, she folded herself forward, her arms hugging her knees to her chest. She took his criticisms poorly. Normally, she didn't care but something about him saying things like that to her irked her beyond belief. Did she have a one track mind? Of course she did. How else was there a way to explain the fact that she was sitting in the middle of the desert with still no idea where she was, alone with the man she hated more than anyone else, and no plans.

She definitely had a one track mind. At the very least, he would be able to keep her out of trouble. Or, so he said. So, hopefully. The last thing she needed was to get back and get in trouble for something that she hadn't even planned. She could have said no but...it was impossible. The chance was too great. At his next words she shook her head, her nose wrinkling in distaste and annoyance. But when she spoke her words were low in volume despite an adequate amount of spite in them. The wide open area did well to subdue the bright girl.

"I don't have any questions. And unfortunately you're going to be very cold and lonely tonight." She didn't say anything else. Iri wanted him to sleep. The Genin had many questions to ask Kami but they could wait until the next day. For now she only wanted him to fall asleep so she could start her search for the statue. Could it be so easy to find, wrapped in the folds of his robe? Would she be able to find it without waking him up? And where she would put it after finding it...because she would find it. Irihi was determined.

It didn't take long for Kami to fall asleep but Iri didn't rush. She waited another hour just to be certain that he was truly asleep before crawling quietly to his form. Each and every breath she took was controlled and even, silent in the calm night air of the desert. The sand hid the sounds she made as she hovered over his body. She started to feel the portions of his robes that were billowed away from him, the flickering fire creating lumps where there were none, causing false hope time and time again. She ran out of loose fabric to check soon enough and knew she had to get closer.

Steadying herself in the sand to ensure she didn't slip, Iri took a deep breath and placed her hands on either side of Kami's waist, hoping and praying that he wouldn't so much as move while she slid her hands up his body. It had to be there.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:55 pm

Blessed pull.” He murmured quietly as she hovered over his body with obvious apprehension. The golden god king wasn’t nearly as foolish as she thought he was. While she thought he was asleep, he was fully aware of her over him searching his body. He held out his hand, which would pull her to him using powerful vectors. He doubted she would have the physical strength to pull away, not with her current position. He held the neck of her clothes, fiercely and with no intension of letting her go. He pulled her close to him. Her face only covering tenths of inches above his own. He could feel her warm breathes.

Kamizuru looked into her eyes for a moment so silent one could hear the desert breeze. “Tell me, what do you hope to achieve? There is no one around and I doubt that it would be a good idea if you tried to move on your own. Do you even know which way back to Daiura? How to get to Sunagakure? Even if you hoped to hold it for only a moment, that would be a short lived paradise.” He paused for a second before grinning. “I would give you eternal paradise if you became mine.” He said before letting her go. He didn’t move from his position at all. Only lowering his hand and closing his eyes again. “If you feel cold there are blankets with the other supplies, wrap yourself in that.” With that he had nothing else to say to her tonight.
RPCsShow

Amy

Post by Amy » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:31 pm

His murmured words touched her ears and Iri immediately tried to throw herself up off of the ground and away from his body but she wasn't anywhere near fast enough to escape the vectors. She had felt their power once before when they had met in his house, the first time she had broken in. He had forced her to her knees in front of him and she had thought it the worst thing. Back then, Iri could never have seen this coming. Her forearm hit the sand as the vector pushed her down but it only got worse when he wrapped his hand in her clothes, pulling her face to his own.

Each breath caught in her throat as she inhaled. Iri didn't know what to feel all of a sudden. Anger and disappointment at being caught. But there was something else there. Even in the cold night air she felt herself flushing as he stared into her eyes and she was forced to stare back into his. It wasn't the first time he had gotten stern with her but it had never been like this before. She could feel the tension in his hand as he held her in place. Being at such a disadvantage was likely not something she would ever get used to.

His words traveled easily to her ears and she hated that he was right. She had no plan, no where to go. Even if she took it he would only take it back from her. Despite her wishes, her desires, her needs, she was no match for him. They couldn't stand toe to toe. Not yet. When he released her she didn't move for a moment, his words still sinking in. They sounded sweeter now than they ever had before. It was this feeling, the one moment that she considered saying yes, that caused her to push off the ground, a noise of disgust finally coming from her mouth. She looked down at Kami as he closed his eyes, straightening her clothes out. Iri wanted to say so much to him. Remind him that she would never be his. But if she started screaming she was afraid she would never stop.

So instead she grabbed two blankets, laying one out on the ground before lying on top of it, pulling the other over her body. It took hours to sleep, a haunted look coming over her eyes as she thought about her life. The statue.

Kami.

When she eventually fell asleep, her head cradled in the crook of her arm, she would remain still until morning came and Kami woke her from her rest.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:52 pm

Kamizuru had already prepared to get moving before waking up Irihi. He looked over the girl for a moment before shaking her until she awoke. “We continue in five minutes.” He offered her a canteen of water. Kamizuru spoke with a clear sullenness that was different than his usual tone.

Kamizuru looked up at the dawn sun and quickly determined the directions before all of the stars and the night faded. He walked back to the horse, his cloak a bright azure. Once Irihi was ready, he helped her onto the horse and they set off again. This part of the journey was much shorter. They marched over a large sand dune and Kamizuru could see over the horizon. He remained with a grave expression. They really had arrived at their destination.

At the base of the dune was an oasis village – or what was left of an oasis village. The wreckage was clear as not one house stood. The people seemed to have gathered the resources to build one lone tent that housed dozens of what looked either like unconscious people or bodies. The few that were conscious were sitting outside the tent numbly burning in the sun. Everyone looked injured and everyone was covered in nothing more than tattered rags. “A sandstorm passed through this village a few days ago and destroyed this place. Buried the food and water as well as a few unlucky people. These are all that remain. I came to help them; to deliver these supplies and guide them back to Daiura.” Kamizuru informed Irihi while maintaining his solemnity. He climbed off of the horse and helped her down once they reached the wreckage. He stepped forward causing everyone who could to stand in surprise.

Greetings! I am from the village hidden in the sand, and I have come to give you relief. In this caravan you will find necessary supplies. Pass these out to the young and injured first.” He directed those present. They all quickly clambered over to the camels and began taking down all of the goods.
RPCsShow

Amy

Post by Amy » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:20 pm

Irihi's sleep wasn't an easy one and when she was shaken awake she felt overcome with a sense of loss, not even noticing. Of course it took only mere moments to understand and remember why she was feeling that way. Looking around the desert, gratefully taken the canteen of water, Iri felt like she didn't belong. Like she should have just stayed home. But the driving force that was that damned crane statue had brought her there and it would keep her there. Irihi almost wished she had never found out that Kami had it. Idle searching was one thing. She could do it on missions, train, and generally live her life. But now she was stuck following Kami around if she ever wanted a chance to get it back.

Of course, her train of thought continued on as he helped her into the saddle once again, she did have an out. Silence continued to sit heavily over the duo, Irihi not having spoken a word since waking up that morning. There was nothing for her to say. No matter how lovely the thought of him handing the Crane over to her was, she couldn't swear herself to him. Even if was just words, he hadn't earned that. Not in her mind. To her he was just a big bully, taunting her night and day, reminding her of what she couldn't have. And what she was starting to fear she would never have.

As they came over a large dune, Iri felt herself stiffen and she found herself suddenly restructured in the real world. Kami's odd behavior that morning, his short order. The lack of her pet name. Even during the trek that morning he had been as quiet as she was. Now she understood. The scene that Kami narrated for her was heartbreaking. They had lost everything that they had ever built. Everything that made them them was gone as they suffered from wounds and from the heat of the sun. His words shocked her enough that when her feet were on the ground she gave Kami as much attention as the group of other people.

There was a bone in his body that was gracious? Generous? It seemed impossible. Iri had to believe that there was something to be gained from this for him. Since when did he give things away without getting anything in return? His speech was short though and people began to move past her to the camels and the goods. Giving Kami a lingering look, confusion clear on her face, she turned to help the villagers with the packages. Taking several canteens she began head towards the tent where the wounded were. They would need the most help. Glancing at Kami again as she walked by him, her head shook slightly.

For the first time since knowing him...he had surprised her.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:01 am

Kamizuru noticed Irihi walking off and he let her without a word. He first approached one of the healthier looking men who gave the golden god king a report on what was happening in this village. Starvation, dehydration, diseases, a very high mortality. There was no wonder that these people couldn’t make it back to Daiura which was two days away. The fact that they could gather the resources to send a message was more than enough though as Kamizuru nodded and walked away. The men and healthier women were passing around rations like rice, fruit, vegetables, breads, medicines, clothes and water. Within no time people were already being fed.

Kamizuru walked over to the tent after Irihi. He looked around to the faces of dying. They seemed to all be unconscious due to one thing and another. Women, children, elderly, sick. He walked up to Irihi while she passed around canteens and took one into his hand. He walked up to a small boy lying on the ground. The child couldn’t be older than six. He cradled the child’s head in his arms and lifted the canteen to his lips, letting the boy drink slowly. The child didn’t stir but seemed able to drink the little that Kamizuru could give him. Droplets of liquid fell onto Kamizuru’s hand while holding the boy. Liquid that came from the tears streaming from the eyes of the king of gods. He wept rather boldly, without covering his face or even shivering. His expression was solemn but in a fashion most calmed while the tears flowed freely. Once the water was drained from the canteen Kamizuru rested the child down easily and told the nearest villager to wait until he awoke again.

He got up and walked to Irihi. “We will leave in the morning. Allow them time to recover; we will guide them back to Daiura in the morning.” With that he went to supervise the distribution.
RPCsShow

Amy

Post by Amy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:15 am

As soon as Irihi was in the tent she was making her way from person to person helping whoever she could. The hot sun was not kind and most of the sick and injured were also severely dehydrated which left them unconscious. Each time she went around she knelt down, sitting calmly on her heels, taking their heads into her lap. Most would drink some, their eyes not even opening but their body readily receiving the water she rationed out to them. There would be more when they got back to Daiura but for now they had to make sure that everyone received some. Despite her intent on remaining focused on those who needed her help, when she saw Kami with a child she couldn't help to watch from the corner of her eye.

So distracted was she that she didn't even notice the young girl in her lap awaken, her eyes following Irihi's and landing on a weeping Kamizuru.

"Why...why is he crying?"

Rapidly, Iri's eyes were looking into the girl's. The Kunoichi urged the girl to take more water before she tried to speak again. Holding her tightly, Iri glanced back over at Kami. Why was he crying? She didn't know the answer to the girl's question. It hardly seemed like he would cry just to make it seem like he care more than he did. Was he truly this passionate about these people, without even knowing them? In any way, there was only one answer for the girl. Only one thing she needed to hear.

"He's crying because he's sad that this happened. But also because he's happy that we were able to find you. And when everyone is feeling better we're going to take you back to the big village, okay?" The little girl seemed to be comforted enough by Irihi's answer as she fell back asleep on Iri's lap. Patting the girl's head for a moment, Iri found herself looking back over towards Kami right as he was walking over to her. Putting the girl's head down, she scrambled to stand up before he reached her, looking at him head on.

Giving him a single nod she went back to assisting the injured in the tent, getting them as much food and water as they could take. Unable to keep her eyes or her thoughts away from Kami.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:00 am

Kamizuru spent the day directing the people in how much of the supplies to use and who to give them to. He made sure to save enough that they could help those who needed it and so that they could all make the trip back to the city. He assigned two guards to watch over the food and made sure that he was aware of how many people regained consciousness. Anyone who was strong enough helped and they managed to make it through the day.

As night fell they passed around clean blankets and other supplies to everyone. The night was cold and a roaring fire was built out of the wreckage of the village. Despite how morbid things seemed earlier tonight there was a refreshed spirit about the people which swirled around in the very air. The women and a few men began to dance around the flames in some festive show. It seemed as a word of thanks they wanted to show a traditional dance of their people. Kamizuru sat at the far end of the group watching the people as they danced. The crowd was enthusiastic and energetic enough to clap along and produce their own song. He looked around him to find Irihi. He grinned then tugged the shoulder of the nearest man then led him back to the caravan. They returned with a large jug of wine and cups.

IN CELEBRATION” Kamizuru raised the jug over his head causing cheer from the crowd. He poured himself the first cup and walked over to Irihi. He grinned at the girl and offered her the cup. “In celebration.
RPCsShow

Amy

Post by Amy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:51 am

The fire was warm, the flames bouncing across her skin. It had been a long day but things were looking up now. Irihi sat away from Kami, surrounded by the children that had woken up and were feeling well enough to be out of the tent. Her eyes followed the dancers as they flitted around the fire, their shadows bouncing over the area. It was mesmerizing to say the least. Iri had never seen anything quite like it before. It kept her mind occupied which is what she needed. The more it was occupied the less likely she was to try to decipher Kami's real reasons for being there. He said it was a mission but something just didn't seem right about all the supplied. Not only that but his constant change of mood. He had so quickly gone from teasing her in the marketplace to being soft towards her on their ride and then almost...empathetic in the destroyed town.

There had to be something he was trying to gain. Something that she was missing. It was all too much.

Slowly, her head raised up when Kami's voice sounded loudly over the area. Of course he had brought wine. As he poured a glass before he even moved she knew that he would be moving towards her. They had hardly interacted all day. Both had been busy. But as he stopped in front of her and held out the cup she took it, not knowing why. Irihi had never drunken before. It wasn't allowed in Suna.

"Thank you. It marked the second time that day that she had offered him a thank you. She didn't like it. Taking a sip of the somehow sweet and bitter liquid she stared forward. Her glasses were perched atop her head, her knees together. "Why are you doing all of this? I've been trying to figure it out and I can't. What's the deal?"
My CharactersShow

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:36 pm

Kamizuru titled his head to the side in mock confusion at the phase, ‘what’s the deal’.

“I assure you, my little bird, I am completely ignorant to what you are talking about. If you are accusing me of having some sort of ulterior motive for this journey then you offend me both as a generous king as and a compassionate god. You are lucky that I find you somewhat affable otherwise I would have already given you a sublime punishment for such words.” His words were flippant. He reached over and took the cup from her hand and put it to his own mouth, draining the liquid. He looked back down at her, this time his expression far more serious. “I asked that I be set on this mission because the pain and suffering of mortals and commoners is beyond something that I can stand for as the king of gods. "

He stepped forward to her, closing the distance and turned his eyes to the left. If she followed his vision she would find a boy sitting alone, a clear depression upon him. It was the very boy that Kamizuru had personally given water and had lamented with. “His mother died of dehydration. She gave her last bit of water to her son so that he may live. The pain that he may be facing is simply too much to bear. I wanted to bear it along with him.” Kamizuru whispered, sorrow clear in his eyes. He stepped back again and turned to the fire and the dancers.

Please relax; we will continue our battle of wills once we return to Sunagakure. Until then have fun. You might enjoy it.

RPCsShow

Amy

Post by Amy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:43 pm

Shaking her head slightly, she fought the feelings of embarrassment that threatened to turn her cheeks red. Could she possible believe him? That there was no alternative motive, only kindness in his heart. It was his threat of punishing her that both caused her to want to blush but yell at him at the same time. He may technically be her superior, there was no way around the fact that he was a rank higher than she was. But that certainly didn't give him the ability to punish her like she was a child. When he grabbed the glass of wine from her hand she gave it up immediately. It wasn't great and she wasn't going to argue with him. Not now.

The people had been through enough without needing to watch the two Ninja helping them having a screaming match. Or rather, watch her screaming at him while he laughed at her. What even had her life become? He got closer to her, forcing her to look further up at him. If she shifted even several inches forward they would be touching. But she dutifully followed his gaze to find her eyes on the small boy she had seen him with in the tent. The one that he had been crying over. Maybe she understood a little bit better now as he spoke. The boy's mother had sacrificed herself to keep her boy alive. She loved him more anything and proved it to him in that moment though it would likely take him a long time to learn that lesson.

As Kami stepped away from her, she hardly listened to his words, her eyes still glued to the boy. Having fun now made her feel guilty. She didn't think she could enjoy herself. Standing up slowly she went over to the boy, offering him the smallest of smiles, throwing her blanket over his shoulders for warmth. Even just a little bit away from the fire it was cold.

Iri didn't say anything to the boy - what did you say to a child who had just lost his mother? So instead she merely sat with until he began to lean against her. She could feel the warmth of his silent tears but eventually he fell asleep as she stared into the fire, her eyes still finding Kami whenever they could. Growing more and more curious about him.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:19 pm

Kamizuru somehow found himself at the center of the dancing circle. Of course being the king of gods he did not bother assimilating into the routine and instead showed off his own dancing moves. He swayed with pride and dignity that forced everyone to gaze at him and change their tone to fit his movements. He drank while moving, merrily and seemingly careless in front of the hearth.

Then he suddenly stopped. The winds of joy had stopped blowing. He came to find two men engaged in an enraged argument. The two came to blows and quickly began grappling with one another. More men came and tried to help at first but before realizing the chaos turned into a maelstrom. Not only men but women and younger people began grappling with each other in rage. Arguments ignited name-calling and curses that soared through the night sky like blazing arrows. The chaos brought everyone to their feet. Those who didn’t participate only stood in daft horror, unable to act or to even consider how to act. The knives packed by Kamizuru for the purpose of carving meat were brought out at some point. The blade was swung in the air wildly, threatening the lives of people that had narrowly escaped death earlier this day.

Kamizuru heard threats and names like thief and murderer. Kamizuru stood unmovingly with his arms crossed as things continued to unravel further. He was obviously going to do nothing – not yet. He was more interested in observing the corruptions of humanity. He wanted to allow the pain and frustrations in the human heart to be freed. As a good he couldn’t interfere, only watch.
RPCsShow

Amy

Post by Amy » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:49 pm

When the fighting broke out, Irihi was one of the first on her feet, covering the sleeping boy with the blanket. Really? They were saved. And they were going to choose now to get into fight? Iri understood that emotions were high and people were exhausted, lending short tempers to all whom were still awake. That didn't make it any less dangerous especially once knives became visible in the growing scuffle. Pulling out a Kunai, grasping it tightly, Iri dashed towards the crowd, noticing Kami merely standing and observing.

"Aren't you going to help!? They're going to hurt each other!"

Without bothering to see if Kami moved into action, Irihi dove into the crowd, shoving herself first between the women and young people fighting. A sharp elbow to their chest, a sharp word of reprimand worked for most of them. The men were more difficult. Not only were they mad about something Irihi couldn't pin down, they were much bigger than her and they weren't slowly down. Her Kunai clashed against the metal of the knives when they neared her but everyone was swirling around so much. Every chance she got, Iri was kicking her foot out, knocking people down and throwing them out of the scuffle. Her loud voice, one that Kami would likely recognize by now rang out over the shouts of everyone else.

But they didn't care to heed the young Kunoichi as she fought them back, they only seemed to get annoyed that she was involved. The flashing of metal blades came quicker and quicker and it was as an elbow struck her hard across the mouth, cutting her lip open, that she felt the first blade cut down her arm. She stumbled out of the fray from the pressure, her free hand covering the wound. From her shoulder to the mid back of her bicep, was a deep cut. Blood poured from it but the fight was only getting worse. Without pausing a second longer she dove back in, continuing to throw men out of the scuffle, most of them staying out now, too exhausted to get back up, all while ignoring the flashing pain in her arm.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:56 am

Kamizuru stood there, seemingly uninterested in joining the fray. He watched as Irihi immediately went ahead and tried to separate the aggressors. Blind and naïve they all were in the eyes of the golden god king Kamizuru. The hearts of mortals were truly fragile to him, small and unable to perceive anything more than what laid bare in front of them. It was a lamentable condition in his eyes however he wasn’t able to stick to such a role as observer. For he was also truth seeker and wanted to find the source of this horror which transpired in front of his divine eyes.

He continued to hear curses and threats which stemmed from what seemed like a void – baseless accusations. Perhaps to an outsider they were only letting off pointless rage but Kamizuru was able to piece what he saw and heard together. Finally when he was satisfied he walked up to the group and found himself in the center of the conflict. Irihi was already injured, suffering for her bold rashness. It was quite the instinct this girl had for trouble and was bound to a destructive pattern. Quite depressing.

He grabbed the girl by the shoulder and pulled her back, stepping in between her and a man with a knife. With a melancholy expression Kamizuru lifted his hand and expelled vectors which pushed the man back several feet. “That is not how to dance, allow me to show you.” Kamizuru told Irihi before raising his other hand and blowing another armed aggressor to the ground. “Kneel before the gods.” He demanded before releasing his vectors on the surrounding population, excluding Irihi due to how close she was, putting an invisible pressure on top of them all and forcing them to their knees.

It stopped the chaos and forced everyone to look up at Kamizuru. His sorrow and internal pain plagued his eyes while he looked down at the mortals before him. “What is this? Have you no shame? No conscience!?” He bellowed out at the crowd, the burning of the fire adding a crackling to the silent air between his every word. “You’re lives have been spared from the pains of death, your children freed from the shackles of pain. Yet you are here trying to destroy one another!? And for what?

He pointed at a lone man, the instigator of this entire argument. A man that Kamizuru had talked to before and was recognized at the son of the village chief. “This man was once held within you’re respects, however now you who wish for vengeance mean him harm. And you who wish to defend him mean each other harm. His crimes are not for you to judge or defend, but for those higher than you.” Kamizuru turned to him. “You have been accused of selfishness in a time of need. You have been accused of harboring precious water when others needed it. You have been found guilty by your peers and they wish you dead. As god presiding I will take that responsibility.” He told the chief’s son. Kamizuru held out his hand. Vectors stirred.
RPCsShow

Amy

Post by Amy » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:55 pm

Kami almost took a blade to the gut himself when he grabbed onto Irihi's shoulder, yanking her backwards. It only took half a second for her to realize it was Kami and to stop the blades direction. She was panting, her arm was slick with blood, but there was an anger in her eyes that would go un-matched even by those around her who were still shouting. "Nice of you to join in. Took your sweet time, didn't you?" Though his tone was the same as it always was, her own was snide. He just didn't understand. Or maybe she didn't understand. All she knew was that they were never on the same page and she continued to end up hurt because of it. In more ways than one.

For once, she was spared from the power of Kami, one that really was quite fitting for him if she had to admit it. As annoying as it was, she couldn't see him really doing anything else. Standing slightly behind him and to the side, she listened to his speech, watching the reaction on the people's faces. His words were heavy in the open sands of the country, beating down on them all. How he could do that was a mystery to her. When she screamed at people th-She stopped herself in her train of thought. The only person she ever consistently yelled at was standing right in front of her. And of course he was only amused when she yelled at him. His ego was too big for him to react any other way.

But now, at the end of his speech she found herself growing angry again. It was always up and down with him around. He was going to kill this man because of accusation made by a sick and exhausted group of people? Execute him right now? Some of the crowd seemed wary suddenly but a large majority looked to be at peace with the turn of events. They couldn't be serious. Her free arm sliding off of the cut, she stepped in front of Kami rapidly, reaching out to push his arm down, her Kunai raised. She stared into his eyes but the sparking rage that normally existed was missing. Instead there was a calm forcefulness to her expression as she stood between Kami and the man destined to death.

"I am not going to stand here while you kill a man because of the accusations of a group of people that were half dead this morning! For someone who managed to actual show some real emotions this is just...You're not a god, Kami! You can't just decide who live and who dies on a whim!" Her gaze hardened, her feet and arms squaring off. She took a step back from him, blood dripping from the elbow of the arm that held the kunai up. Her chest heaved with effort, but she wouldn't back down.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Fri Apr 10, 2015 1:46 pm

Kamizuru felt his chakra stir within him. He felt it as the energy writhed and boiled within him, causing vectors to freely transform and force to whirl around his very fingertips. The power had to be restrained right before he could set them upon his target. Peculiar. He shouldn't have had a problem with smashing this one out of his way to deliver his godly decree and yet he found his chakra quiet again. He squinted his eyesn not sure what was going on with him, that was until he found Irihi's eyes.

Passioned burned within the girl. Scorn. Determination. Even Kamizuru was taken aback by the sheer pressure she put back on him with this stubborn aura she seemed so careless to release. He stared at her. Battered and bloodied, if she had paid attention she would have realized this man too had given her the injuries she now sported. No, she must have. Despite even that? She really was foolish, unfathomably so. A moment passed with a silent Kamizuru, and a silent Irihi. Finally the pressure built until... He exploded with laughter.

He bent backward laughing into the very heavens above him. The sound of his manic cackles were so loud, so wild that it had to have been heard from miles away. He put his hand over his face. This was far too good. For too perfect that the golden god king just had to rejoice in the moment. He tried to stifle his chuckles but they were too powerful and began a new. At some point he had even released his vectors on the people however they were so confused that they couldn't even move. Finally after some time, after a long while of Kamizuru enjoying himself he finally stopped laughing.

He wipped tears from his eyes and put his hand over his aching chest. His grin persisted for some time before he could finally drop it. He narrowed his amber eyes at Irihi and strode towards her. He walked passed her, toward the man who had been accused. He folded his arms, indicating that he wouldn't be trying anything violent. Even Kamizuru could extend vectors with a mere thought - not yet anyways. The king of gods spoke to the man with a very authoritative voice.

"Do you deny what you are accused of? Did you not hide away valuable resources when you knew that there were others who have fallen ill and died!?" None of the villagers moved but stared at the man in front of him. Being the center of attention put pressure on him. Kamizuru could see his nervousness, feel his fear. The god king didn't let up and continued to stare down until he finally broke. The man cried out asking for forgiveness and other such sentiments and Kamizuru turned back to Irihi. "feBecause of this man, people have died. Innocence lost and yet you try to defend them!?" He turned back to the crowd. "Seize him." He gave the order and even his supporters couldn't defy it. The man had been shown guilty by his own conscience. He was grabbed by the arms and a few even called for his life as punishment. Kamizuru stared at Irihi longer.

"No." Protest raged. "I SAID NO!" Kamizuru shot back with thunderous anger. He had even unleashed wild vectors which blasted sand at his feet. The people stopped, even if they didn't believe Kamizuru a god, there was no doubt he was stronger than them.

"This girl has asked for his life. He shall keep it has a favor." He walked towards Irihi and whispered into her ear a soft hissing. "You have earned this for him. Rejoice. Question my divinity again and there shant be a happy ending." He threatened before stepping back.
RPCsShow

Amy

Post by Amy » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Irihi could feel the eyes of the villagers on her while she kept her eyes glued only to Kami. His words dared her. As soon as he had begun to laugh she knew that to a degree, she had won. He was amused and pleased by her and he would reward her. That didn't make his amusement any easier to swallow. The way he acted as though she was merely a pawn that continued to do what it wasn't made to do. Trying to be something she wasn't meant to be. But she remained steady, glaring, even as his words burned into her brain to be remembered at a later date.

Daring her to question him.

She wanted to do it now. See what he would do to her but she had pushed him far that day as it was, even if it was his own fault. Nobody there would help her, not after she had taken from them what they wanted the most. To take the life of a man who, in a desperate time, had forgone some of life's most basic manners. But to think that death was the appropriate response to such a thing was so high in distaste that there was no way to stand for it.

The standoff continued between her and Kami though most of the villagers were beginning to move off, mumbling about Iri and her outspokenness. Some were glad but most were put out. In their opinion, she was no better than the man she had defended. Slowly, the blade in her hand lowered and was put away, her hand again covering the wound on her arm. Her head shaking just a fraction she spoke to Kami only once before moving away from him. Mocking as ever, her voice was loud enough for just him to hear.

"Deepest apologies."

Walking back to her place before, she collapsed into the sand, her head resting on her forearm. She wasn't supposed to care about this. Iri wasn't even supposed to be there. Yet here she was, getting involved in fights and standing up for men that she didn't know. Risking the wrath of a delusional man, who was really nothing more than a spoiled boy, she suspected. The problem came in that he was stronger than she was. And there was nothing she could do about that right now. That would take time.

As she sat she knew that she needed to bandage her arm. It was still bleeding and bleeding in the desert wasn't a great plan. Especially since it would take them more than a full day to get back. The problem was that all the supplies were being guarded by people who probably would not be pleased to see her or inclined to help her. So she remained sitting, her hand still covering her arm, trying to figure something out.
My CharactersShow

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:25 am

Kamizuru stared as she walked away. He put his hand to his chest feeling his heartbeat. What was this? He pondered to himself in a confusion of rage and joy. The last few minutes, the last few days replayed in his head over and over, continuing this extremely peculiar feeling within him. This girl was trifling. Yet she was passionate and powerful on her own right. This independence should have irked the king of gods the most, yet he found himself daring the boundries of his beliefs. He admired her, enjoyed her. She was definately a gem. He had already decided that. He continued to clutch at his heart until he finally discovered what it was that was going on within him. His heart was trembling. This was the first time a mortal had envoked this urge within him.

If he hadn't already decided it now his heart was sure. He would attain her. She would be none other than his no matter what it took.

He walked off a nearby woman and instucted her to care for his little bird's wounds. He didn't needed her at top condition.

Once morning came everyone was awake and healthy enough to make their journey. Kamizuru had everyone not strong enough for the walk on a camel. The son of the chief was bound by ropes and guarded. He would be released into Daiura with nothing and no one. He would never understand luxury again. Kamizuru found Irhi and offered his hand to aid her.
RPCsShow

Amy

Post by Amy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:00 am

Morning came but Irihi's eyes were already open. Sleep had not come easily to the young girl, even after a woman had come over o bandage her arm. Flexing it gently a camp stirred she took in the throbbing, the sharp sensation of pain if she moved too quickly or turned it the wrong way. It was going to be a pain but there was nothing to do about it for the time being. There were those hurt much worse than she was so she wasted no time complaining, instead helping where she could. Packing up the small camp, helping those still sick and tired and injured to where they needed to be, the best she could. All the while avoiding Kami.

Even after a full night of trying to figure things out, she was unsatisfied. She was exhausted. Why would he come here? How was it possible for him to be so nice, bring all of these supplies to bring the village back but then cross over so quickly to try to take a man's life. Iri shuddered to think of what could have happened if she hadn't been there. The man would likely be dead, all of the villagers guilty. Once they were better, hydrated, sane again, they would have had to live with the fact of what they did. Irihi hadn't done it to save them from themselves but she knew that it was true either way.

Irihi fully expected to be walking with those who were on foot or even on camel. She wasn't hopeful or expecting to be offered a spot on the horse, not again. So it was with a look of surprise and suspicion that she placed her hand into Kami's again, allowing him to help her onto the horse. Even if she wanted to now, there was no way she could get up on the horse alone now. This time though, she scooted her bottom to the back of the saddle in an attempt to get him to sit in front of her. If she succeeded, she would wrap her arms around his waist as he had done to her before. Her arms were shorter than his, her cheek brushing against the cloak covering his back. Until he pulled it off and again covered her head with it, leaving her cheek brushing his bare back.

Face growing warm, she knew this was the only chance she would get to ask what she wanted to ask. While they were alone on the horse, as close as they were. She wanted to let go of him, pull back, but was concerned with falling off. "I don't understand. You did all of this for these people. You wanted to be the one to come and do this and yet..." Iri didn't even know where her train of thought was going anymore. She wanted answers but had no questions. "I just don't get it."
My CharactersShow

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:45 am

Kamizuru helped her onto his horse and found himself at the front of the saddle gripping the reins as Irihi gripped his bear chest. He had already relinguished his cloak and she seemed to take it with a greater degree of graciousness than she had previously. Such an odd girl, such a facinating girl. Kamizuru had been focusing on leading their group through the desert when Irihi had begun speaking to him. A smiled at the confusion, almost hearing the wavering beat of her heart.

"I'm afraid you are attempting a futile endeavor, my little bird. Have I not told you time and time again that I am a god, no more than that, king of all gods. Like a god I am unfathomable and beyond comprehension. I do not blame you, wiser have tried to understand those above them for eons and have even more questions." Kamizuru was serious with his speech. He looked up at the clear evening sky with forelorning, almost as if he was remembering his home in the heavens. "If you cannot understand my divinity then you may understand that I am a shinobi - a hero as well. I found that there were people suffering so I had to help them. I found that I was the only one who could help them. For I could give them food, clothing and a home once we return to Daiura where they could continue with their lives. To a human perhaps this would sound like charity but it is merely one of my duties. As is observer and judge of all others." He explained calmly.

RPCsShow

Amy

Post by Amy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 11:47 am

She didn't know why she expected an answer other than what she received from Kami. Of course it was by his divine grace that he chose to help those in need. Because he could. Because he had to. Because of these reasons he gathered all of these supplies and came to help a people in need. Pulling her along with him. Had he hoped that she would find him before he left? In some way had he planned for her to be there with him? She wouldn't put it past him. But what if that day she hadn't gone looking for the statue. Never would she have found the note and known where to find him.

Did he really know her that well, already?

The soothing movement of the horse was attempting to lull her into a deep sleep. She had wanted to sit behind him for a single reason. Well, two reasons. The thought of him watching her, being able to see her at that moment in time made her stomach turn. But additionally, they were going to be back to the town soon and her chances of finding the statue would decrease greatly. It didn't matter though. Pressed up against him, she knew it wasn't on his person. So either he lied to her and it was back at his home...or it was hidden elsewhere. And she just didn't have the energy to search for it.

A heavy sigh bent her further forward, her forehead pressing against his back as she turned her head, keeping them as far apart as she had the energy to do. Remembering the look on his face the night before when he had been so willing to take a man's life. When he had threatened her. It wasn't the first time and she doubted it would be the last. How was she so valuable to him that he would put himself through this, just for her. Her hot breath would brush his bare back. Kami would be able to feel her head shift as she shook it back and forth.

What kind of argument was she supposed to use against someone like this, especially when she didn't even know what she was arguing for.

"Understood."

It was all she could manage and all she would really care to say until they arrived back in Daiura. When she could finally get away from Kami.

~End~
My CharactersShow

Return to “Wind Country”