Winds of Change and Glory

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:39 am

Kamizuru was sitting at the rendezvous on a very specific corner street of Sunanada. He sat atop a barrel of wheat left out on the corner by the owners of the nearby store. There the god king waited as his companion for this specific mission was supposed to meet him.

Kamizuru was an outstanding young man; at least he was entirely and dramatically visible even in the melting pot of the inhabitants of this land of wind capital city. The chunin wore a very rich looking silk rope that draped over his back, adorned by his forehead plate. Considering the position and intensity of the sunlight the cloak’s color became of blend of royal blue and deep violet at the hem. It was a sign that it was already beyond noon and quickly approaching the time for the next character to appear on scene. Moreover the self-proclaimed king of all gods was covered in golden jewelry and gems simply unbecoming of a ninja of Suna. However it all gave him a rather important and wealthy appearance, and when combined with his natural regal aura it was nearly impossible to miss him.

He sat there in a shadowed district obstructed by the various buildings that littered the capital city. Usually a visit to the capital was about the same as a demand to legitimize himself as the principal god of the land of wind. However such an endeavor would need to wait for another time. Kamizuru had an important mission that he commissioned himself.

He heard rumors about this extremely powerful style of jutsu. The tale was circulating within Suna and if that destitute village in the middle of a desert could receive such word than surely he would find leads in the information centers of the world – one being the Land of wind’s principal village. He did spend some time in the libraries of Suna beforehand and came back with nothing of any real importance. If he wanted this jutsu then he would need to think bigger. Therefore a trip outside of the village became necessary. Alas, even with the ambition and greed of the king of all gods there was still a limit to his information gathering skills. Therefore he needed a bit of help. He decided to choose his helper amongst the scribes, a well-trained and knowledgeable shinobi would be essential. He required someone with strength, enough that Kamizuru wouldn’t be burdened by their security and he wouldn’t have to worry about the village calling him out for poisoning the youth. After looking through the files of various shinobi he chose one by name and had the formal mission request sent in. He didn’t know the woman personally but she seemed to be more than adequate for the task at hand.

He needed a jonin to help him search for a rumored ninjutsu scroll. The scroll containing the coveted space-time ninjutsu.

The request would have her meet him in Sunanada at a very specific time, at a very specific place. Kamizuru clasped his hands together patiently as the time was quickly approaching. His amber eyes sliced through the crowd. He looked for a shinobi, one who walked with the skill and experience to warrant such a title as jonin.
RPCsShow

Shoshiki Hoten Likes: Tanaka Aimi, Feeling sunshine/Dislikes: Abuse of others/Hobby: Acting/Extra: Drools when he sleeps

Kashimaste Kamizuru Likes: Power, Being worshiped as the greatest of all gods!/Dislikes: Blasphemers/Hobby: Plotting/Extra: Actually prefers to do his own housework

Araki Kisuke Likes: Cute boys, Music/Dislikes: Others trying to control his life/Hobby: Singing/Extra: Left Handed

PureWillPower
Location: I had to walk to school uphill in the snow, 5 miles, both ways.....Yes I lived in Florida. Don't ruin my memories with your logic.

Post by PureWillPower » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:12 am

A request made made specifically of her? Yuko had the summons scroll in hand as she left her home. Dressed in a drab sand colored robes. Very baggy, they hid her form perfectly. With the noon day sun over head she even decided to wear a head covering that completely hid her hair as well as face. Her eyes hidden only behind her glasses. Her forehead protector was secured on her head covering. It was dusty, but it helped keep the reflection to a minimum. Daylight wasn't exactly her best friend. But in her hands was one of her best friends. A nice thick book entitled A travelre's guide to Sunanada. Which was very useful thus far with her client wanting to meet in Sunanada. The Captial of the Wind Country, Sunada had many districts and a distinctive layout. This was also home of the Fuedal Lord who owned the Country.

Yuko's stride was that of a normal citizen who particularly had no place to go. This was for two reasons. First she didn't want to stand out. What true ninja in a populated area walked loud and proud practically shouting out they were powerful? Second, the crowds around her was a chaotic mess. You couldn't tell who was going where, and a nice slow stride, helped to keep her from bumping into other people. Those that knew her sometimes called her the Queen of Personal Space. She in particular didn't appreciate being touched. It messed with her head more than almost anythign else and would upset her.

She had gotten the summons, but didn't know much about the mission it entailed. Considering she was requested by name, she wasn't even sure what rank it was. Last time she was called out by name, it was a Chuunin who said the mission was to go on a date. It didn't turn out o well as one might imagine. He was too pompous and showy for her taste. Hopefully this client wasn't like that. And then she saw him. Silk Cape, Headband protector on hsi shoulder, holier than though presence. No doubt about it, this was her client. Approaching slowly, she moved from the crowd to right in front of him. "I am Taku Yuko of Sunagakure, as are you. For what purpose have I been summoned?"
Characters made of PureWillP0wer
VillageNameRankRenownMissionsColor Code
Sakugu TsubumeGenin--FFE134
Taku YukoJounin200-008008

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:05 pm

Kamizuru actually didn’t manage to catch her before she made it to him. Sure he saw a glassed woman walk toward him but he only afforded her a cursory glance before deciding that this couldn’t be her. He hadn’t spent any real time investigating her appearance. Of course it didn’t matter because she was mostly covered up when she stood in front of him. An expression of mild surprise could be seen on his face as he scrutinized this woman.

When he was making his decision he only looked over a sheet of papyrus which had whatever public knowledge that could be afforded to him. Jonin. Intellegent. Intuitive. These were the words that were used to describe her. On paper she seemed like the excellent match for a quest of knowledge. At least the closest that Kamizuru could find within the village. Yet he couldn’t see anything spectacular about her. His eyes were trained to appraise fine jewelry and spot things of value the instant it became visible to him. Kamizuru as a god of wealth understood what it meant to be treasure. Whether it was an object or a person, he was confident that he could tell exactly what it was worth. This girl, she didn’t seem to be worth anything at all. If she was she was hiding it away from him. It slightly annoyed him.

Still on mortal conventions she outranked him. That at least meant that she couldn’t be a complete burden. Once she had completed speaking he climbed down off the barrel and landed lightly on the ground. He put his hands behind his back, exposing his mostly bear chest to Yuko proudly.

“Thou may address me as Kamizuru. I am truly overjoyed that I could assemble with thee here. As for the reasons for my summons, and more importantly my request for thee, is that I require assistance securing a specific piece of information. A record of knowledge that I find far too crucial to allow to slip through my fingers. Therefore while looking for this companion I happened to stumble upon thee and decided this could be an adequate arrangement. The knowledge I seek is none other than the invaluable ninja art of Space-Time Manipulation.”

While Kamizuru’s eyes showed boredom his tone of speech was very much like him. self-important. Arrogant. Demeaning to the person listening to him. Yet still flamboyant and dramatic enough to seem outrageously energetic. The fact remained that in his mind he truly believed he was the greatest god, a kind amongst gods and he wasn’t afraid to let it be known. He only gave her a glance in waiting for her response. He wanted first to pick at her brain, even if she was worthless on the outside that didn’t mean she was devoid of value. He was ardent to find out before he could entrust someone with such a vital task.
RPCsShow

Shoshiki Hoten Likes: Tanaka Aimi, Feeling sunshine/Dislikes: Abuse of others/Hobby: Acting/Extra: Drools when he sleeps

Kashimaste Kamizuru Likes: Power, Being worshiped as the greatest of all gods!/Dislikes: Blasphemers/Hobby: Plotting/Extra: Actually prefers to do his own housework

Araki Kisuke Likes: Cute boys, Music/Dislikes: Others trying to control his life/Hobby: Singing/Extra: Left Handed

PureWillPower
Location: I had to walk to school uphill in the snow, 5 miles, both ways.....Yes I lived in Florida. Don't ruin my memories with your logic.

Post by PureWillPower » Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:37 am

As he introduced himself, Yuko started to mentally go through the list of names she had learned within the archives. Fingers under the sleeves of her robe starting to move as if she was going through a file cabinent looking for the right folder. A few seconds after he finished speaking she had found the file. "Name Kashimaste Kamizuru. Age: 16. Rank: Chuunin. Abilitiy Assesments:Genin level Genjutsu. Below Average Taijutsu, Stamina, Strength, and Speed. Rank Average ability with Ninjutsu. Chakra Control and Intelligence ranked one above Average Jounin. Utilizes both Fuuton and Kuuton ninjutsu, almost exclusively. Cardinal Virtue: Unknown. Cardinal Sin: Greed, though this is but a theory."

Her voice was calm as she recited the information as if she was reading a book she had read a million times before. Her Brilliant blue eyes had a small sliver of light poking out above her glasses. Her body was motionless. With a shift in the forward angle of her head she sighed. "By comparison, you and myself are equal in Strength, Speed, and Chakra Control. I rate two higher in Taijutsu, five higher in Genjutsu, four higher in Ninjutsu, and two higher in intelligence. I too utilize Fuuton and Kuuton. However I have trained in Genjutsu, Fuuinjutsu, and am a Certified Sensor. My Cardinal Virtue is Humility. My Cardinal Sin is Greed. These are from the last assessments reported to the archives. Should anything have changed since then, it may skew my analysis."

She then shifted her stance a bit and brought her arms in front of her, hands moving into the sleeves of the other arm, so they remain covered. "As far as Space/Time Manipulation, assessment tells you do not yet have the ability to utilize the technique. However obtaining such information for the Archives of Sunagakure may grant you an audience with the Kazekage. How did you obtain the information of such a scroll?"

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:46 pm

Kamizuru watched her with a raised brow. His expression was that of real surprise and a peculiar kind of interest. He listened to her recite from memory. He watched her odd little idiosyncrasies, her movements and even the expression of neutrality. She knew of him something beyond a bit of rumor. She knew information on him that was entirely different than what he was able to gather on her. Cold data. For the shortest of moments he was enthralled. She had a memory system that might even make her a little more interesting than the average Henrin. Any mortal willing to pull against the bonds of normality was interesting enough for Kamizuru. He could award this woman some of his respect.

As response to all of her information Kamizuru gave a complete and hardy laugh. He was never reserved about his feelings towards mortals. She would understand that she at least amused him. Good. This was good. Once he was completed he walked to her side slowly – prowling really. He stopped and looked down the street for eavesdroppers. He was so used to being watched in Suna that he didn’t believe he was ever truly alone. She deserved his briefing, no one else did.

Very impressive, I must admit. I do not mind thee in possession of such knowledge. I am well aware of my abilities and someone who is as well could prove useful.” He began joyously, not facing her though. When he thought the scene was clear of spies he cast an eye on her. His amber eyes glowed like molten gold. His stare sharp like that of a predator. The atmosphere suddenly became quite sinister; however she wouldn’t have anything to worry about from a chunin. “I shan’t mince words with thee; I am not quite interested in sharing whatever knowledge I may obtain. Not presently. My cardinal sin, as thou mentioned, is greed. I wish to own this power and add it to my arsenal before anyone else may. As far as how I managed to gleam this information and tracked the origin to this village, it was a simple task. One I will reveal to you at perhaps a later date. For now I request thine aid. For now I ask you to assist me in researching this technique using the data that can be collected here, in Sunanada. Doth thou object to anything I have said this day?
RPCsShow

PureWillPower

Post by PureWillPower » Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:02 pm

Yuko remain stoic during the entire prowling movement and speech. While the air grew sinister, she still didn't make a move. As went her abilities, first move often lead to disaster. While she knew cold imperical data on the Chuunin, even a Jounin could not be lax amoungst those with such intent. So he wished to covet away valuable knowledge for himself. This definitly went beyond what she would be allowed, knowing how debriefings were and what was expected of her. But this one was as close to a Missing Nin as one could get without actually betraying the village. It would be best to keep an eye on him. Perhaps use this as a method of reigning him back in.

Turning to him she looked right into his eyes. Her first emotion rearing it's head, conviction. "This goes beyond the scope of my duties as a Jounin. Such a request would fall under a mission of this rank, however compensation would be required for the ommission of such information from my debreifing. And when I mention compensation, I do not mean that of monetary value."

C.J,

Post by C.J, » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:15 am

At first Kamizuru’s brow was at a silent arch truly wondering if he had chosen the right person. While the self-proclaimed king of all gods did make mistakes as he was bound by this mortal flesh, he truly hated mistaking the human heart. His ambition laid in understanding the hearts of mortals and being able to connect with people on an observatory level. His eyes were keen as he searched for tell-tale signs of an untrustworthy companion. Any sign of doubt, or fear or even the slightest form of hesitation would show that this woman wasn’t a good choice. However her neutral expression was well maintained and he couldn’t find any contrast between what she was saying and her expression while saying it. It couldn’t be a lie.

Once that information was established in his kingly heart Kamizuru couldn’t contain himself any longer. He began to laugh. A full earnest laugh that began in his stomach and bellowed out into the nearly deserted streets. He hunched over for a second as his chuckles died out then resumed his usual posture.

He only set his glance upon her with a quite amused grin. Of all the motivations that mortals could possibly possess greed was one that he understood the greatest. “Money is no object, I assure thee. I will even pay thus a rank above the previous amount. Should this guest have a satisfactory yield, I will even offer extra.

He crossed her arms. “Now let us begin, shall we? The information I have gathered on my own shows that there is one such samurai in this very village, amongst the other samurai, who has had contact with shinobi from the land of fire. My sources tell me that this man not only knows of the technique but knows of the hiding place of a scroll with the jutsu in question. The problem is; I lack the information regarding this soldier’s identity or whereabouts. I need your information gathering skills to track him down.

RPCsShow

Return to “Wind Country”