The Road to Mastery

Ivory Peacock

The Road to Mastery

Post by Ivory Peacock » Thu May 24, 2018 9:16 pm

Shen skated along the road with a practiced ease, though his eyes were focused on the book in his hand. His pencil moved quickly across the page, making adjustments and adding numbers and lines where they were needed. He was on the right track with this, a few more details and they would be perfect... "They are far from perfect. Those angles aren't correct and I'm sure you're off on the calibrations for two mechanisms..." Shen mentally sighed and looked over the "errors" Zi had so helpfully pointed out. He noticed that the angles were slightly off, and there was a single mishap in the calibrations for the mechanisms in question. He begrudgingly fixed them and let out a mental hiss at his fifth personality "Thank you, Zi. Your input is appreciated but if I truly need your help, I will request it."

There was a deep chuckle at the back of his mind and Chi spoke up "No one likes a backseat inventor, love."

"Oh leave him be, you know he can't help but interject when he see's something is off. The Original was much the same before his mind was fucked beyond repair."

There was an exasperated sigh from another corner of his mind "Anyway, before this devolves....Shen? Your designs are almost perfect and you have many of the materials that you need for their construction." There was a moment of silence, in which Shen was sure he could feel Lan making a few mental calculations "What's next on our list for materials again?"

Shen cast one last cursory glance over his notebook before tucking the pencil between the pages and closing it. He tapped his wrist and the familiar screen of chakra appeared before him. He placed the notebook within its designated slot before checking all of the materials he had acquired so far, running them against the mental list he seemed to always have at the back of his mind "Nume and Hebi were the easiest to find materials for, as Hebi is more simplistic and the chakra conductive materials required for Nume were able to be found in many different establishments, as the Wind Country is used to catering to the needs of Shinobi. We are now headed for a small village town known for their especially fire resistant metals. We're going to need quite a bit of it to reinforce Gama's flamethrower so that it doesn't explode in the eventuality that it overheats...." His thoughts trailed off, but there were sounds of comprehension from his other personalities.

He let his mind wander, letting his muscle memory take over in regards to guiding his body the way it needed to go. He ran over plans for his other puppetry collections in his mind. They were little more than ideas at the moment, as he had focused all five facets of his brain power on the creation and perfection of his Sannin series. His second collection wasn't settled, but his third would be his Splits. That way they could each work on their own goals, while advancing that of the collective. Shen cataloged several ideas of especially high merit and filed them away to be revisited at a later date, ignoring the idle conversations being held by the other four residents of his mind. He came back to reality when he reached the edge of the village "Well, well, well. Why isn't this a quaint little village, don't you think Shen?" The puppetmaster groaned and massaged his temples, letting the intense annoyance he felt flood his mind. He simply received laughter in response, which only annoyed him more. They knew how much he hated when they completed sentences among each other like that. It gave him headaches that would take ages to go away. He pushed them to the back of his mind and began looking around for someone, a villager or guide of some sort, who could help him find the shop he needed...

The Fractured Child
Wu Shen
B-Rank MN: Suna
[#563c5c]
76/76
D: 0 C: 0 B: 0 A: 0 S: 0
[Organization]
[Xue] | [Lan] | [Chi] | [Zi][/center]
Old CharactersShow
, 1
NameRankVillageRe-Vamp?
Kisōsha, SeikatsuGeninSunagakureYeah
Genkouyoushi KiyosumiJouninIwagakureProbs not (Pending Genkouyoushi clan info)
Inactive/Dead CharactersShow
(Inactive) Shoshiki Gisei :: D-Rank MN, Iwa

Fake

The Road to Mastery

Post by Fake » Fri May 25, 2018 11:06 am

The village was dead silent.

Much like an empty museum in the dead of night, where only the bellowing sounds of ambiance resounded, the village was at a stale mute with the whistle of slow breezes filling the eerie atmosphere. The weather was picturesque, as the sun gently peeked through bright clouds above and reflected off the ground like a million little gems. It was almost like a scenic painting, unwilling to be interrupted by the likes of outside observers. The stage, as serene as it was, held an uncanny contrast to the usually busy energy that the village had. Known for their production and trade of fire-resistant metals, the streets would usually be filled with laborers, merchants, and everything in between.

And yet, there was Yato, a sole body amidst the painting. Hooded in a thick black robe that draped heavily from head to toe, the only thing that one could make out about him would be his bony fingers and sickly pale skin tone. Beneath his hood, only a glimpse of his mouth was visible--chapped red lips next to his white complexion would only serve to accentuate his demonic presence. He stood posed slightly forward with a sulking posture, as his arms hung low like coats hung on a rack. Although he had noticed Shen entering the village, he stood still like a grotesque statue, watching: as if he was waiting for something.
NameVillageRankOrganizationTest★ YATO ★KonohaA-RankThe God HandTest★ AYATO ★Knowledge CountryC-RankKobushi KaishuuTest

Ivory Peacock

The Road to Mastery

Post by Ivory Peacock » Fri May 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Shen would've taken the time to examine the village, commit it to memory and possibly paint the scene at a later date. Art was something he was getting into more and more, though it wasn't something he usually had an interest in. He thought it was Lan's influence on his mind, it seemed more like something he would take up in his free time. However, there was something fundamentally wrong with the scene. Such a village, with an export as valuable as it had, should be flourishing. People should've been bustling about, going through their days with the mechanical monotony many of the civilian sheep came to know as a fulfilling life. But there was no one, no one usual that is. No one that would be considered "normal". Just a single stranger standing before him with a cloak over their face.

Shen examined them with the natural efficiency of an inventor, taking in their build and stance to formulate what Shen thought they might be capable of in his head. He couldn't see much, however. Only the pale flesh and skeletal hand "How very bothersome..." "Indeed." He made a quick set of handseals and closed his eyes to focus on the person's chakra, attempting to gauge their strength in comparison to his own "Analysis complete. Strength approximation: high B-Rank to average A-Rank combatant. Battle conditions: unfavorable. Chance of victory: approximately thirty-five percent. Suggestion: do not engage." Zi finished his report and Shen let his eyes flicker open once more. He needed to find out what was going on here in the village. If it turned out this person was responsible for the lack of citizens, he might be in trouble. He could always simply avoid the stranger and go looking for the metal himself, but they could prove to be interesting or useful.

With a small nod to himself, Shen blinked a few times as if in a daze. His entire stance changed, as well. Where he had been standing in a purely neutral position before, his limbs straightened to their full length and his back perfectly poised, now he had relaxed considerably. His hip jutted out slightly to his left, his hand rising to fall upon it lightly. A coy smile pulled at his lips, his eyes glittering with a mischievous light "We're going the route of negotiations then? It has been some time since you let me have the reigns, Wu. I'm vibrating with excitement!" He let out a mental giggle before riding closer, his hips swaying gently with the movement when they had barely moved before. It was obvious that the Original was no longer in control, or it least it would be to anyone who actually knew about Shen and his splits, but no one did. The Assassin was the "social" personality, so he could handle this just fine "Hey there, sugar!" His voice was even different from Shen's, being a sultry purr rather than an emotionless mono-tonal drone "Are you from around here or just visiting? I came here lookin' for something but it seems like I won't be able to find any natives to help me." He rolled closer, lessening the distance between them to a comfortable five meters "Do you think you could help me out, darlin?"
Jutsu UsedShow
*[Sensory Style • Broad Sense]
B-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: *[Sensory Style • Beyond Senses], Ninjutsu/Control/Instinct stats of 20
This jutsu is an extension of [Beyond Senses]. With this jutsu initiated, a sensor can focus on individual chakra signatures to get a precise idea of where their opponents are at up to 25 meters. A general sense of the direction and number of chakra sources can be determined at about 50 meters. It should be noted that this jutsu requires intense concentration, often making the user shut their eyes so they can focus on the jutsu solely. Even with high levels of Chakra Control and Instinct, this jutsu can be mentally taxing as it requires the user to sort through the individual chakra sources in the sensor’s range.

*[Sensory Style • Evaluation]
C-Rank Ninjutsu
Prerequisites: *[Sensory Style • Beyond Senses]
The sensor will activate their sensory jutsu, and then do an additional set of hand seals. By doing so, the user will be able to compare the “strength” of each source of chakra they are able to sense to each other. The “strength” of the individual is determined by the average of each person’s Stamina, Control and Strength stats. The user can determine who has more chakra strength than others, allowing them to pick out possible risks. This technique is not very reliable as a determining factor, however.

The Fractured Child
Wu Shen
[#563c5c]
76/76
[Organization]
Old CharactersShow
, 1
NameRankVillageRe-Vamp?

Fake

The Road to Mastery

Post by Fake » Fri May 25, 2018 2:02 pm

The man in front of him was slapping his hands together in seals, but nothing seemed to happen. Was he trying to cast Genjutsu? A trap? Yato narrowed his eyes as he pulled the hood off of his head, revealing his face. His skin so pale that it almost appeared translucent in the bright sunlight, he looked like he was dying of a chronic illness. Looking Shen up and down, he blinked every so often as he took in the strange doll-like-pretty-man. For a second, it would seem that Yato was calm, unassuming, and passive; this was not the case. He was more confused, than anything else--was this man someone whom he had forgotten to kill? His eyes flickered and darted as Shen approached him.

The demeanor that the man had prior to approaching him was completely different than when he had first entered the village--it was almost as if he was a completely different person. As Shen got closer, Yato began to manage to make out the small details in his appearance: a youthful face, polished nails, and... A forehead protector? Remaining still and silent as Shen would introduce himself in a strange manner, Yato narrowed his eyes once more as he stared intently at the forehead protector. It had a deeply engraved cut through the village's symbol. Sunagakure? Perhaps he wasn't here to hunt him--or, perhaps he was. Sunagakure was an allied nation with Konoha; it wasn't uncommon for shinobi to pull dirty tactics like pretending to be a nukenin. So he stayed wary of the man.

Although he was perfectly aware of what the man was saying, he grimaced at his weird way of speaking. Raising his hand in the form of a gun pointed to Shen's face. "Any closer than that and you're asking for a fun time." His grimace shifted to a smile that would seem natural, had he not been threatening the man across from him. Cackling, he cocked his head again while keeping his hand outstretched and pointed at Shen. He still didn't know what the hand seals were all about--if he was under a Genjutsu, it was a damn good one. He decided that it wasn't yet safe to answer Shen's questions, and instead retorted with questions of his own. "Oy! Nail Polish-chan! Who are you? What jutsu did you cast just now? Why are you here?" He had just finished massacring an entire village; for someone to impede on his cleansing was a sin against him. Yato's demeanor would make it clear that he was going to act immediately, depending on what answers he received.
NameVillageRankOrganizationTest★ YATO ★KonohaA-RankThe God HandTest★ AYATO ★Knowledge CountryC-RankKobushi KaishuuTest

Ivory Peacock

The Road to Mastery

Post by Ivory Peacock » Fri May 25, 2018 5:12 pm

"Holy...mayday, mayday, this fucker ain't no where near normal." Xue's voice was an amused bark in the back of Chi's mind. It took all he had to keep from rolling his eyes at the other's antics "Shut the hell up, you're distracting me." Red eyes roved over the figure of the male before him, taking in his facial features, how he moved and his mannerisms. He seemed a unhinged, probably deep into the realm of psychosis. It wouldn't do to spook him, or else he might attack. He would need to watch what he said, where he moved and how he came across or else the male might attack...Chi wanted to sigh but he kept the impulse in check. Conversing with this person would probably be as easy as passing through an active minefield "Wu, you owe me big time for this when it's over, I swear."

Shen's hands raised in a placating gesture, a soft smile and soothing expression came across his face. He was trying to telegraph serenity to ease the person as much as he possibly could "Oh that? It wasn't anything super important, just a sensory technique. I was trying to see if there was anyone else around us, hun. I didn't want to walk into an ambush or anything like that, you understand don't ya?" His hands moved slowly to his sides, spread out gently as if offering a hug but he didn't move any closer "Of course you do, you seem like the cautious type. If I had to take I guess, I would say you're probably in the same boat I am. Not attached to any village, on your own trying to make your way through this big old adventure we call life." He made sure his voice was soft and soothing, though loud enough for the other to hear "Hopefully your mothering tone will actually come in handy this time, rather than just piss someone off." "That isn't fair, it was one occurrence and the circumstances were..." Rather than listening to the rest of their conversation, Chi focused fully on Yato.

"My name is Shen, but you can call me Chi. And like I said, I'm here looking for something. Some heat resistant metal. Do you know if there is a shop around here that has any? I could really use the help, sugar." They really did need to get a move on with gathering the metal. Shen had a time-table to keep to, as he kept helpfully reminding the other four people that shared his head. "Perfecting puppetry takes it's time, but we can't take ages to complete our mission" or "our perfection must come with expedience" blah blah blah. Chi loved the others, he really did, but the Original's obsession with perfecting puppetry as a whole and the Scientist's obsession with perfecting the puppet ideas the Original came up with could be....overbearing to say the least "The sooner we get this over with the sooner I can just go out and have some fun~"

The Fractured Child
Wu Shen
[#563c5c]
76/76
[Organization]
Old CharactersShow
, 1
NameRankVillageRe-Vamp?

Fake

The Road to Mastery

Post by Fake » Fri May 25, 2018 5:56 pm

It was evident that Shen was being just as wary of Yato as Yato was of him. He didn't trust him, but he didn't have to. If the Sunagakure nukenin was a sensor, that meant he knew how strong Yato's chakra signature was, to some extent. Yato could taste the uneasiness oozing from the man's words. It meant that the man wasn't sure whether or not he could beat him. As the man continued to speak, Yato lowered his hands before loosening his stance. He narrowed his eyes at the man calling him 'sugar', but quickly rebounded and smiled back at him. "Yato. I'm Yato," he greeted. "Unfortunately..." he looked around as if he was surprised, over-exaggerating to the point that it was obvious.

"I killed all of them," he smiled again. "There aren't any craftsmen left, but perhaps the next town ov--" he cut himself off as his eyes narrowed to hair-thin slits once more, this time not at Shen, but behind Shen, a short distance away. "Ah." His eyes rolled to the back of his head as he ripped off his robe, revealing the numerous flesh hands that gripped his body in rigor. He shook violently in place as if he were holding back some sort of tantrum for a short moment, before taking a deep breath and tapping his neck with two fingers. It was almost as if doing that reset him back to a neutral state. "You see that?" he asked as he pointed off in the distance.

It was a little girl, brown hair and soft green eyes. Her back, exposed and naked, had a small puffy gash that leaked blood as she limped desperately out of the village. The blood dripped off of her back every couple of steps to make a very clear trail on the dirt path behind her. "She's not going to make it, is she?" He pouted sarcastically as he spoke. Sighing, he turned to Shen once again. "Give... Give me a second, will you? Don't move from here Nail Polish-chan! Okay? Hehe." He skipped hurriedly towards the girl and reached her in a matter of seconds before pinning her down as a green aura enveloped his hands. The girl's wounds immediately closed up as her exasperated breaths came to a calm. Just as quickly as he had left, Yato was already back, gleefully skipping towards Shen with the girl's hand in his own. The girl seemed absolutely terrified, but was, of course, in no position to resist.

"Okay so uh..." He coughed and cleared his throat. "Probably in the next town over, yeah? Unless..." He looked menacingly at Shen his smile grew wide. "This is the only spot you can get some of that metal?"
Jutsu UsedShow
*[Iijutsu • Mystical Palm]
A-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 20 Iijutsu
One of the almighty and most highly coveted abilities of medical-nin, the *[Iijutsu • Mystical Palm] technique allows its users to heal wounds quickly and efficiently. After focusing chakra into his/her hands, the user will place them over the wound in question and begin to channel chakra through it. As the chakra interacts with the cells and tissues in the area, the wound will begin to regenerate and heal over until there's no remnant of it ever being there. Of course, this is not done in the blink of an eye. To heal small-to-moderate wounds, it takes very little time, while large wounds take one (1) post of concentration to mend, and mortal wounds take a total of two (2) posts to fully mend. This technique lasts for four (4) posts, but due to its chakra-extensive nature, users are not advised to treat multiple large wounds in a single use.

Ivory Peacock

The Road to Mastery

Post by Ivory Peacock » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:10 am

"Mentally unstable, though with enough intelligence to be able to use medical techniques." Zi's observation was rather matter-of-fact, as though they did not all share the same eyes and ability to process information. Chi suppressed the urge to roll his eyes because that wouldn't look good to anyone who couldn't hear the other thoughts in his head "Those hands are unique. Without proper examination, we don't know their origin or capabilities. It would probably be best for us not to come in contact with him, in case any of his abilities are activated through touch." There was a hum of agreement from somewhere in the corner of their mind and the Scientist took this as a sign to continue his examination "The child might be in danger, but she means nothing to us and thus her safety isn't any of our concern."

This was true, but Chi was the only one who seemed to have some semblance of a conscience, so he knew he would be the one kicking himself if the little girl died for some reason. Of course, he could shut the little voice off like a switch, but it made him feel less human to do so. His whole purpose as a part of the Collective was the public face, so he needed to be as personable as possible. Normal people didn't just sacrifice the lives of children...he thought. They had never really been normal at all, but from what he'd studied from others, making sure the kid survived should be a priority "Or you can just stop giving a damn." "For once I agree with the brute. While she's not anything important, she could be used as a way to buy time if needed..." Xue and Lan set about discussing just how the girl could be used as a distraction or diversion and Chi blocked them out. It wasn't the most useful thing in the world, not right in that moment.

"This place is the only one on this side of the Wind Country that carries the metal I need, yes. I would need to travel all the way to the Fire Country if I can't find any here. I can simply find the stores they had and take it to another blacksmith to work it into the shapes I need." The Original began making calculations on the probability of finding a blacksmith with the required skills to work on the fire resistant metals they were searching for without damaging them or causing impurities to arise in the metal. Someone of great skill would be required, but The Original knew some towns that might have the person they sought within their borders. It would be more travel than he had planned for, and would consume more of their precious time, but they would simply need to roll with the punches "You can't steal from the dead, so taking the metals should be fine....maybe the little one knows where they kept the metals?"

The Fractured Child
Wu Shen
[#563c5c]
76/76
[Organization]
Old CharactersShow
, 1
NameRankVillageRe-Vamp?

Fake

The Road to Mastery

Post by Fake » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:09 pm

Yato smiled at Shen's reply. The whole thing was a test, of sorts--he wanted to see just how Shen would react; the Sunagakure nukenin's relatively calm demeanor spoke volumes when it came to allowing Yato to understand his perspective. The truth was let out.

The man in front of him simply didn't care.

That wasn't to say however, that he didn't have any morals. Rather, from Yato's crude interpretation of who Shen was, it was more of the fact that the man simply wanted to do what he wanted to do. He seemed to have a sense of freedom--not like the false freedom that the villages allowed for, but true freedom. The kind of freedom where the very existence of moral fiber was shredded to bits; the kind of freedom where laws did not apply. He was happy with what he saw.

"Yes, we can arrange something. This girl and her papa are still alive. Aren't you guys?" he let go of the girl's hand and petted her hair slowly as he looked down at her with a wide grin and the eyes of a snake. The girl shivered to herself but it was evident that she was trying her hardest to stay still and not cringe into a ball. To say she was terrified would be an understatement. In fact, prior to Shen's arrival, Yato had her carried around by his floating hands as they forced her eyes open. The girl watched as her entire village was slaughtered before her eyes, unable to even look away as Yato laughed and spat in her face.

She mustered up the courage to give a timid response. "A-ah... Yeah... Papa's hurt though... I'll... I'll take you to h-him..." Her lip quivered as she fought the urge to burst into tears and collapse, and continued to walk slowly towards her home. "It's settled then, Nail Polish-chan! Let's follow the leader!" Yato cackled quietly to himself as he followed the girl to a back alleyway.

It wouldn't be long until they reached the girl's home. She hesitated for a moment to pull open the door; the doorknob was slathered with her own mother's blood and carried the stench of death. Yato began tapping his foot impatiently. "C'mon. Is your papa in here, or not?" Closing her eyes for a moment and bracing herself, she took hold of the doorknob and slowly opened the door to a pitch-black home. Yato brushed past her and into the house as he lit a lamp for himself and peered around the house. "Hmm... Where was he now...?" He looked to be sniffing and cupping his ears as if he was looking for something that he had hidden. The girl followed shortly after the house was lit up, a look of horror filling her eyes as the iron-stench of blood grew stronger and stronger; the walls around her were literally painted with it. She quickly covered her mouth as she crouched and began to gag towards the floor.

"Ah!" Yato's face lit up as he punched the ceiling above him. The ceiling would break surprisingly easily as dust, debris, and a rather heavy looking man dropped straight to the ground next to Yato. The man was a mess--covered in wounds that looked days old, it only gave way to the imagination of what Yato had done to him. The man groaned in a barely conscious state, unable to move. Yato smiled as he crouched down and his hands lit up green once more while he began to resuscitate the man.

"So, tell me a bit about yourself, Nail Polish-chan. What'chya doin' running away from your village? Me, I got tortured by my sensei. I'll kill 'em all one day. Hahahaha..." He chuckled to himself.

Ivory Peacock

The Road to Mastery

Post by Ivory Peacock » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:20 pm

"Following him is ill-advised. He could be using the girl to bait us into a trap. There are too many unknown variables here." "But then we'd need to travel either all the way across the country or to another fucking land entirely to get the metals we need. I don't know about you guys, but I'd rather not waste all that time." "The risk is extraordinarily high, especially considering he is nowhere near mentally stable. We shouldn't take any chances. He's walking away, we should escape." "As much as I hate to admit, I agree with Xue. We'd waste too much time trying to get to another source of the metal. We're already on a tight schedule, we can't afford the trek. Plus I'm sure we'd be able to take this shmuck if we simply came up with a fitting strategy." Shen hated this. Usually he was able to sit back and let his other personalities bicker until they came to an agreement one way or another, but there were the rare few times where they would deadlock and he would need to be the tie breaker. He ran calculations in his head, going over the risks and gains, the amount of time they could afford to waste and the amount of time they would waste trying to get to the nearest place with the metal they required. He finished the simple math in his head within a fraction of a second and came to his conclusion "We go with him."

Chi nodded and rolled after the girl and Yato. While they had conducted a full blown debate in their mindscape, only a few seconds had actually passed in real time. It was just barely enough to not be considered hesitation, in case the other missing ninja took that as a bad sign and decided to try and kill them along with the two remaining towns folk. When they reached the home, Shen easily transitioned from skating to walking up the steps on his roller blades. The male's crimson eyes caught sight of the blood on the entrance's handle and he visibly paused "Wu, this isn't good. We all know I'm the second to worst when it comes to being around blood..." "Focus on your breaths. Keep yourself calm and in control." The male nodded and resisted the urge to bite his lip, knowing that little bit of pain would not help his situation in the slightest. He took a few sharp breaths before evening them out into a deep and steady rhythm, feeling the small tension that had built up in his lithe form bleeding out slowly. He was sure he had himself under a tight control, enough to handle whatever scene was on the other side of the door, so he followed the two inside with a skating stride.

He was, unfortunately, completely and utterly wrong. The smell of blood filled his nostrils the moment he entered and he couldn't hold back the mewl of tortured pleasure that fell past his lips. He looked at the red staining the walls and felt a dark tingle of arousal flood down his spine to settle around his lower stomach. He really wasn't well equipped to handle blood. Not at all. Not. One. Bit. The others could've been talking to him in that moment, screaming at him even, but his senses were muffled. The girl seemed to no longer exist to him, but Yato and the newest arrival did. The man was covered in the prettiest wounds, Chi wanted nothing more than to open up more along his flesh, add to the mosaic of cruelty that was already there, but then the wounds began to close as Yato started to heal him. Chi was able to focus himself more now that there was less distracting him, his breathing became more regular and the other's voices returned "Damn, Red. Thought we lost you there haha." Xue was ignored as Chi focused on Yato's words, the green glow of his hands, anything other than the gore they were surrounded by. His voice came out quieter than when they had been outside, though he hoped this would be interpreted as fear rather than what it truly was "I realized I was being forged as a weapon, and that I was seen as little more than just that. When I was broken nearly beyond repair, the people who were supposed to care the most for my wellbeing did the bare minimum to correct the damage. I did my best to fix it myself, then I fled." He was using the single person because no one needed to know of the Collective. Not yet "Where are you from, Yato-kun? Anywhere nearby?"

The Fractured Child
Wu Shen
[#563c5c]
76/76
[Organization]
Old CharactersShow
, 1
NameRankVillageRe-Vamp?

Fake

The Road to Mastery

Post by Fake » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:34 pm

As he healed the man, Yato began to converse with Shen. "Hehehe... It seems that you and I are two peas in a pod, Nail Polish-chan~" He frowned as he cackled, an eerie juxtaposition that spoke more words about himself than he ever could. "I... I'm from Konoha. It's been quite a while, though. I left when I was young." It was evident by his expression that he didn't want to speak on it any further.

It wouldn't be too long until the man's wounds were finally healed--Yato's fine control over his chakra and mastery over iijutsu had allowed for a quick recovery. The man slowly sat up as Yato backed away warily; it was likely that the man wasn't fully conscious and aware of his situation, yet. The man was certainly one to be wary of. It was an understatement to say that the man was strong--in fact, Yato's previous altercation with the man had lead him to be thrown out of a window. Yato stared at the back wall of the house, where an empty space in the windowsill indicated precisely where he was thrown out.

"Oi Nail Polish-chan~ I'd say away from that guy for the moment. He's a little bit..." Yato cupped his hands over his mouth as he winked at Shen, mouthing the word "dangerous".

Meanwhile, the girl wiped the vomit from her lips with the sleeve of her shirt before quickly backing away towards a wall. She was completely broken at this point, unaware that the wall she was leaning against was lathering her back in her own father's blood while she stared towards the two nukenin with opaque glassy eyes. "Uhpuh... P-Puh..." She struggled to speak coherently; the little amount of willpower left in her body only allowed for her to let out a single syllable from her lips at a time. "Puhh... Puh...." She remained expressionless, leaning against the wall, frozen in place as tears quickly dribbled down and off of her cheeks before mixing with the blood on the ground. "Uhpuh..."

Yato turned to the girl as his nose twitched and his expression warped into a grimace. "Papa? Is that what you're trying to say?" He snorted as he fought the urge to laugh at the poor girl, tapping two fingers rapidly against the side of his neck as if he was telling himself to calm down.

The man seated on the ground was groaning once more, this time seemingly conscious as he put a hand to the back of his head. "Rem... Remina..." he grumbled with a deep, husky voice. Suddenly, the man's eyes shot open as he crawled up quickly to a standing position. "REMINA! Where are you?!

"Ahh. Finally awake, Papa-kun?" Yato wagged his finger at the man, whose eyes darted back and forth, trying to piece together what had happened prior to him being knocked unconscious. The man immediately recognized his daughter, unable to see anything else in the horrific scene that they stood in. "R-Remina... Dear..." He began pacing towards her as tears welled up in his eyes, only to be stopped by a smiling Yato standing between them. Yato continued to wag his finger at the man. "I resuscitated the both of you, Papa-kun. Where's my thanks?"

It was then, that the man noticed Yato, alongside the other strange man. He stood still, paralyzed by a wide range of emotions.

"Ah, snap out of it!" Yato began snapping his fingers repeatedly at the man as if he was a pet dog. "They always do this... So weird, the lot of them." He rolled his eyes as he walked slowly over to the man before backhanding him in the face. "Oi!"

The man was knocked down by the abrupt slap and shook his head as he seemed to regain consciousness once more, this time looking Yato straight in the eyes as he spoke. "You demon... What did you do?" He growled at Yato with tears welling in his eyes once more.

"Let's not ask questions." Yato smiled as he slowly crouched towards the man, their faces only coming a few inches away from each other. "You do me a favor, and you and your daughter live. Say a word about it, and I kill you both. Understand?" He smiled endearingly at the man like a mother would to her child. "Now!" He stood up and paced around the room in circles, oddly animated in the dark-lit room of horror. "Nail Polish-chan! You should tell him what you need, yeah? The man is busy! He has a family to take care of! Pfft... Keke..." He couldn't stop himself from laughing this time and dropped to the ground, rolling over the bloody wooden floor with a high pitched squeal.

Ivory Peacock

The Road to Mastery

Post by Ivory Peacock » Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:26 am

"Konoha? I didn't even know they made nukenin. I thought everything over there was sunshine and rainbows...." "He could be lying but honestly I don't think he has enough marbles rattling around in his head for that. I just want to know what happened to fuck his mind so completely...." "You and me both." Chi could agree with them on that as well. When one looked past the obvious insanity, though he could definitely see how that would be difficult for some, Yato seemed to be an interesting character. He had learned iijutsu, but Chi doubted it was out of the need to help people. Learning more about the mysterious little bag of crazy in front of them could be entertaining for a time "And if he turns out to meet our standards of strength he would make an equally interesting puppet." "Why is that always where your mind goes? It isn't normal dude." "I know, but I'm not normal. I'm better." Chi could hear the smirk in his voice and couldn't help rolling his eyes a bit.

The man was shocked and traumatized, as to be expected from the ordeal he had been put through. The girl would most likely never be the same, because younger and more delicate minds break so much easier than that of adults. It was sad, but there wasn't really anything he could do to remedy it. It's not like he specialized in healing the mind "It wouldn't hurt to learn more about the field, however. It could be useful in the future." "Ugh are you still on that reintegration bullshit? We all like being separate, Lan. You're the only one that fantasizes about the 'good ole days' of being one and the same." "I just believe that being one, powerful mind, is much better than being five fractured ones...." This launched into a debate Chi had no intention of taking part in, he was busy after all. Had to make sure a psychopath wouldn't try to kill him while he was zoned out talking to his other facets. He watched Yato's interaction with the man and tried to repress the small trill of sadistic pleasure that ran down his spine when the other nukenin smacked the male. God he needed a nice dip in a cold spring right about now.

"The promise was obviously a lie. Yato's personality wouldn't allow them to live. He probably takes pleasure in getting their hopes up only to dash them." "I know." Chi skated forward, around the psychopath laughing and rolling around on the disgusting floor, and up to the man on the floor. He crouched down so that they were eye to eye and took the male's face in his hands, making sure they had direct eye contact. He shoved empathy and sadness into his gaze, made his voice sweet and understanding. Took on the mannerisms of a loving housewife. They had been a perfect family unit before the white haired male had arrived, the man should feel more at ease talking to someone who reminded him of his wife or daughter. It was basic psychological profiling, alongside his own feminine features "Darling? Darling can you see me? Are you listening?" He rubbed his thumb across the man's right cheek slowly while his left hand moved down to his shoulder, squeezing lightly as a method of comfort "I need your help, sweetheart. I need the fire resistant metal. You'll help me won't you?"

The Fractured Child
Wu Shen
[#563c5c]
76/76
[Organization]
Old CharactersShow
, 1
NameRankVillageRe-Vamp?

Fake

The Road to Mastery

Post by Fake » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:39 pm

Yato's laughing quickly ceased the moment Shen began to talk. Still lying on the ground, he stared at Shen with narrowed eyes, trying to figure out what exactly the man's psyche was all about. Certain moments almost seemed to garner multiple responses from the man, as if he wasn't just one person--as if he was a collection of different people, all sharing a single vessel. Of course, even though Shen wasn't verbal with his 'internal exchange' of sentiments, Yato's eye was keen to pick up on such things. The small utterances of movement in the pupils and micro-twitches of the lip and cheek, among many other things gave him insight to the fact that Shen was more than met the eye. From the very beginning he had noticed conflict in the nail-polish bearing man.

His eyes darted back and forth, to Shen, then the girl behind him, and back to Shen talking to the man. A dastard smile slowly took over his focused expression as he came up with a rather interesting test for Shen on the spot. He would have to wait though; although he wasn't one to always keep promises, he felt that letting Shen get his metal before anything would be appropriate for his plans.

The man was at a loss for words. He couldn't help but stare blankly into the empty air of the musty iron-scented room. Shen's pleas reached him, as a sense of familiarity had filled him up and warmed his shaken heart. Almost as if he was in a hypnotic state, the man answered with a tone that was completely different from the manner that he was speaking to Yato. "Y-yeah... I'll get you some. I have... Some made. Ready to ship."

As the man got up and walked over to the corner of the room, Yato sat up and watched impatiently with his arms crossed in front of him. The man rustled through what seemed to be junk before pulling out several large sheets of shiny metal from the pile. It was certainly enough for anything that Shen would need it for. He dropped the sheets in front of Shen as the sound of the metal clanging against the floor violently echoed like bullets in a cave. "Here... H-honey..." If it wasn't already evident at this point that the man was completely out of it, it would be at this point; his posture was slumped as if he was a zombie, and his mouth gaped open as his eyes drooped.

"Ah!" Yato clapped a clenched fist against his open hand as he stood up and stared at the man excitedly. "He's dying now! I only healed certain organs enough for him to live for a few minutes, you know? Smart me, smart me... Time for my plan!" He cackled as the man dropped lifelessly to the floor with a heavy thud before running over to the girl perched against the wall, and grabbing her with a clenched fist to the top of her hair. He threw the girl over to Shen letting her fall to his ankles. "Now... You have the metal. Do me a favor and get rid of her, Nail Polish-chan."

He wanted to see what Shen was going to do. He knew that there was more to the man than the sweet, calm facade of a demeanor that he so diligently displayed. Shen had caught Yato's attention with the strange personality, and Yato wasn't about to let him leave until he saw more of it. His poise hunched forward excitedly as he looked on at the girl with wide eyes.

The girl whimpered, unable to utter even a single syllable at this point. She stared up at Shen with tears welling in her eyes, a quivering lip that begged Shen for mercy. Whatever was to come next was sure to entertain Yato's sadism.

Return to “Wind Country”