[Info Thread] The Call is Coming From Inside The House

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

[Info Thread] The Call is Coming From Inside The House

Post by Director » Tue May 30, 2023 10:53 pm

The trail of chakra and scent had led Fanho to the sands of Wind Country. Out in the desert only one place lie somewhere capable of producing those who could take down two Bannin, and it certainly wasn't the Wind Country samurai. Although whose to say they weren't conspirators in this scheme. Fanho found himself with a tough decision lingering on the horizon. Konoha's relationship with Suna teetering on this information if it turned out to be accurate. What he believed to possibly be a rogue missing-nin seemed ever so unlikely, they'd be clear off from the village they ran from.

Fanho flashed a portal as he appeared just before Sunagakure gates. The guards immediately snapping too as he held his hand up. "Konoha visitor guys. I left my itinerary at home, but I'm sure I can squeeze in whenever the Kazekage's not busy right." The Awai flashed a grin as he showed his credentials. The sudden show up would certainly be an oddity, but due to the closeness of their relationship and the lax travel requirements it wasn't too difficult to talk his way in. The trail growing stronger the closer he got.

Fanho was aware of Suna's man-power, after all they were in short supply of Bannin unlike Konoha. That narrowed the suspects down at the least. He pondered where he would be able to see a list of shinobi and their relative strength. He scratched his chin as he pondered on the sand swept rooftops of the merchant ward. The Scribes of Sand would keep a relative comprehensive list, and they'd be all welcoming to Fanho, he hoped anyways. He began to make headway for the library popping in to make small talk with the people guarding the entrance making his way inside. He had no necessity to stray into the restricted sections bound only to those permitted by the Kazekage. He simply wanted to see their known Bannin, of which most we're known to the bingo book already, but Fanho had to confirm his suspicions.

Sueatsu? No, it couldn't be the standing Kazekage. He was strong, but not kill his own shinobi crazy. Kuzan? That guy hasn't been seen in ages, let alone anyone know if hes alive or not. Probably a hermit at this point in some sand hut out in the middle of nowhere. Although it would be a perfect alibi. Hito? He shook the thought from his head. Hito was a boy scout like Hayate and himself, he'd probably rather die than do something so terrible. That left only one suspect left. Zao Saisuko. A spirit user, wielder of one of the Evil's of Mankind. A sinister aura formed in Fanho's head as he thought deeper. Someone so entrenched in spirit combat he'd want to murder a genma user, and even at the cost of one of Suna's own Bannin? Surely it had to be someone more sinister, and yet...

Fanho's finger lingered on the page as he took a deep breath pondering the fallout this revelation could cause. However, Zao may have some crumb of national identity left to not soil Suna's name. Even though Fanho knew deep down this was not the fault of Suna, he couldn't help but feel alone in this fight. There were no Suna ninja left to stand in his wake, and that left it up to him. Fanho cupped his head in his hand as he closed the book before returning it. He turned his hand to a book about Suna's notorious criminals, past and present to see if there were any connections.

He began to thumb through the book as he stumbled across a link. More than a link, a direct line making his suspicion ever grow so much stronger. Zao was also listed in the list of Sunagakure criminals. A bannin defected, that once came back to the village to live among them. What ever made him leave? As Fanho looked further into Zao's history he saw a short compendium about all he had done for the village. A strong spirit user, capable of summoning multiple spirits, but absorbed in his work fell in the wrong place of Juu no Kuni. Tragic.

Possessed by a spirit, driven to murder a Kumogakure Bannin, and conquer countries wide. Fanho himself had heard of this so called "demon king", but hadn't quite connected the dots yet it was Zao. However, the Scribes writings made sense. Things were lining up now. During that time it became known Zao's wife disappeared, struck ill with some unknown affliction. It wouldn't surprise Fanho that Zao would do anything to save her, yet even sullying the Suna village seemed a tad too far. Especially after his tearful reunion with the village. The Awai scoffed at Kiyori's kindness after the crimes that littered Zao's record. Although Fanho himself was guilty too of being too kind and trusting. It was hypocritical for him to truly chide Kiyori for such showings.

"I think I have an idea why you did what you did." Fanho tapped his finger on Zao's wanted picture. Fanho shook his head. He understood, even empathized with Zao, but yet also felt anger and frustration. An injustice to right another injustice? Was his pain worth that much more over the innocent lives of two others? The Awai balled his fist as he pounded it on the book in frustration. He knew the world was unfair, people were unfair, and he had already reconciled his idealistic beliefs with reality. However the disappointment would never subside, he wished for everyone to be the best they could, and when they faltered like Zao, he felt a deep sadness that he could've done more. Swallowing his pride Fanho heard a voice chirp behind him.

"Enjoying the library I assume?" A short woman dressed in modern office attire that puzzled Fanho for the climate, but he disregarded his preconceived notions about Suna fashion to focus on the task at hand. "Just fascinating honestly. Felt like bolstering my confidence a little by seeing the competition here for next village's get together if say we were to do a tourney. Do tell me, I am precisely curious about this one here, Zao. Seems like he's not had it easy." The Awai inquisitively asked as he passed the book to the Scribe. Quickly remembering his manners he also held out a hand to shake introducing himself. "The names Fanho, I'm an Awai from Konoha." The Suna nin respectively taking his hand offering a friendly smile in kind. "Rika Hizashi, head of The Scribes of Sand."

Fanho peered over his glasses as he raised an eyebrow. No kidding. Straight from the source. Perhaps he had hit the jackpot for intel on Zao. Rika peered over the pages as she jogged her memory on the subject before folding the book close. "Ahh, Zao Saisuko. Practical nobility, spirit obsessed, and one of Suna's Bannin. What more is there to know?" Almost skirting around the subject of his criminality which Fanho understood was a sore spot, he at least wouldn't give up and would try to dig deeper. "I think I got the jist, but what's with the er... Criminal background?" Fanho slowly parsed his words trying to at least give the air he knew it was a touchy subject that needed some level of respect his otherwise side comments never allowed.

"Well you read the book I presume. What more is there to know?" Fanho sighed as he sat down shrugging. He leaned back as he crossed one leg over the other caressing his chin with one hand scratching it pondering how to proceed with such a subject. "Well I guess I'd have to say I'm just interested in him. I came looking for friendly competition and now I found someone who seems like they're hurting. I have this weird desire to help people, and if he's still struggling with something I just feel like I can't sit back and do nothing you know. Maybe he needs an outside hand to help." Fanho took his glasses off as he folded them hanging off the neck of his shirt. He looked a bit concerning for Zao, but had needed to get Rika to divulge a little bit as he played his part.

"Well if it eases your concerns, he divulged every little thing he did there in the book. A passenger to crimes committed by his own hands, but not at his hand if you catch my drift." Fanho cocked an eye brow as he leaned in listening to Rika continue. "A spirit possessed him. Apparently bound all his companions and subjected them through brutal torture." Rika shuddered even at trying to recall the tale. "Though no ones seen his wife since. It would seem she's been resting from some illness. He won't even let the Scribes look at her. Its worrying us, but not much we can do." Fanho nodded as he understood the situation. He bit his lower lip as he thought to himself what a mess this all ended up being. Fanho thanked Rika as he took the book from her placing it back within the shelf.

As Fanho left the scribes he decided to poke around some of the other members. Their knowledge severely lacking against Rika's, however finding a few newbies with a seasoned veteran seemed to be the right combination. He'd pose a similar quandary to them about the strongest. Unknowing that he would just confirm his suspicions further.

Fanho began poking back around some of the Scribes of Sand folk inquiring about their Bannin. He posed it up as sizing them up in a friendly manner. Never know when the next tourney event might happen giving them a chance to duke it out. The group chuckled at each other as he invited them to non-alcoholic drinks to chum it out and extract every bit of intel the friendly ninja could from the Scribes.

As the faux drinking began Fanho inquired, "So who do you think's the strongest out of the Suna Bannin? Hito, Sueatsu, or Zao? I need to know for competition's sake, can't let them outplay me." The Awai fluttered his eyebrows as he chummed it up with the Scribes. The Scribes laughed before debating amongst themselves. "Well it's gotta be Sueatsu right? He's the Kazekage." Another Scribe slapped his friend on the shoulder with a bewildered expression on his face. "You're kidding me! It's gotta be Kuzan, no one's seen him in forever, he's gotta have some secret technique up his sleeve." The third Scribe drank silently as he raised an eyebrow at the two. Clearly a seasoned veteran, someone whose not quite reached the top, but had been around long enough to see all who had.

"Its neither. I've never seen a man more stacked with firepower than Zao himself. The man's also got something sinister about him. I dunno what it is, something about the aura he surrounds himself in. For a book guy, he frightens me even if he came back after the whole demon king fiasco." The other Scribes quietened down as the man spoke. Something about his words cut deep into them as Fanho wrote down notes in his head. Even Zao spooked his fellow shinobi as of late. The old man shook his head as he sighed freeing him from the weight of his own words. "Though he came back and seems normal, somethings off. Though it's not like he isn't a Suna ninja through and through, just something seems missing from him. Like his care for himself." He sipped his drink once more weighing down the room with his words. Fanho solemnly nodded as the conversation from friendly jest turned into an exposition making him concerned about Zao. It wasn't written yet in Fanho's nature to hate people, even if they were horrible people. He tried to see the good in them, he hoped he could, and wouldn't lose that.

Fanho slapped ryo on the table as he stood up. He patted his new scribe friends on the back as he thanked them for their hospitality. "I appreciate the talk fellas. Didn't mean to weigh down the room, please have another few drinks on the house for me." Fanho gestured to the barman as he slapped extra ryo on the table for his newfound friends and unknowing co-conspirators to have another few more rounds. In a flash, Fanho teleported on top of the tallest Suna tower peering down on the village. He'd hunt Zao down and do what he must, perhaps he could save the man from himself, but if not he would have to dig deep and pull out the resolve to put him to rest. However, not here, too many innocents if Zao was truly gone. He'd do it somewhere quiet, a chance for a peaceful end if that was the road Zao was committed too.

On the brink, he'd just try to see who Zao was. If he'd die a monster he was made into committed to his new part in this world, or would he find himself deep within and forgive himself. However a new question pondered itself on the horizon, would Fanho be able to forgive Zao?
Last edited by Director on Wed May 31, 2023 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Return to “Wind Country”