Tempered Temperaments

Tea Country

Toshi

Tempered Temperaments

Post by Toshi » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:16 pm

There was once a day of clear skies and a refreshing breeze that smelled of peaches. It was a day not out of place in the small village of Momonomura, but certainly no less appreciated. The landscape's swaths of vibrant, hilly greens and browns had become blanketed with the pink petals of late Spring as the peach trees the small village had become infamous for burst to life with reckless abundance.

Among the hills and trees and sparsely populated homesteads there sprawled a simple dirt road, and on this road sat a squat building that looked half inclined to tip right over. It had a thatched roof, earth-stained plaster walls, a few lopsided windows, and a large red sign staked into the ground that read 'Nanen's Plump Peaches Tea House."

And, inside of this tea house, a man was trying his best.

"Hopeless," the old crone said as she watched the man scurrying from table to table, trying to keep everything in order. "Completely hopeless." She sighed with a resigned grimness and got back to work behind the shop's main counter.

The man who was trying his best had pale skin and black hair pulled back into a haphazard, loose ponytail. He moved about the place with equally loosely contained grace mixed with the air of constant apology. A farmer and his wife eyed the server curiously as he greeted them and began taking their order.

"Welcome to Nanen's Plump Peaches Tea House, where the peaches are sweeter and the tea? Can't beat 'er. What can I get you fine folks this afternoon?"

The gruff farmer removed his hat, revealing a shock of receding grey hair and said, "I'll have that dang 'ol house special. And a couple of them there peach scones."

The man scribbled a few notes on a small pad of paper and muttered, "Two turkeys in the barn and a cow to call them home, on it. And for the missus?"

The farmer's wife smiled and said, "I'll have the same, please and thank you, with a slice of Nanen's Famous Peach Pie if'n you don't mind."

Another nod from the man, more scribbles. "Three oinkers wearing pants, plate of hot air, basket of Grandma's breakfast and change the bull to a gill, gotcha."

Without a backwards glance the server left the couple in an understandable state of confusion. The pale skinned man approached the front counter and slapped his hand on it with all the confidence in the world before opening his mouth to relay the order. However, the old crone's crooked and creaking voice interrupted as she prepared the next order without even looking up.

"That isn't our slogan," she said in a practiced way that implied it wasn't the first time she's said it.

"I know, but how'd you like it? I think I'm getting closer to a real winner," he shot back excitedly.

"It's the worst one yet," she said flatly, deflating the server's hopes in one fell swoop. "Just terrible."

The man leaned on the counter and gave the woman a wink before saying, "Don't worry, ma'am, I'll find it one of these days. Better for business, a slogan. Keeps us fresh in the masses minds!"

The woman slowly began pouring a piping hot cup of tea with a practiced precision honed after years of experience. "And those aren't the names of the orders. It's nonsense."

The man looked exasperated. "It's called shorthand. Helps speed things up!"

The old crone sighed and shook her head. "You're a fool. Here, that gentleman's order is ready. Try not to toss it at him."

The man grabbed the tray on the counter and rolled his eyes dramatically. "One time, one time I try to express deliver an order and you won't let it go. Typical."

The old woman rubbed the bridge of her nose as the server whisked away the order and strode over to a table that sat a lone individual, a stranger that he hadn't seen around these parts. And in a town where everyone knew everyone, that was an oddity.

"Here you are, sir, hot outta the pot. Anything else I can get ya?" The server placed the man's order in front of him and waited for any corrections or additions, his trusty notepad at the ready.
Last edited by Toshi on Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
CharacterShow
Former Hokage • Konoha • Nara Tousha

Golnax

Tempered Temperaments

Post by Golnax » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:03 pm

Aimi Kaguya sat as Aimi Arisato in Nanen's Plump Peaches Tea House as the energetic seemingly improvising server placed his ordered tea down in front of him. The bannin wore a wide-brimmed straw hat that did a wonderful job of hiding most of his features and keeping his long white hair pulled up into a bunch underneath, giving him the appearance of shorter hair if nothing else, and his face was not his own. He had changed it to that of a round cheeked, sharp chinned man with equally round eyebrows and had shrunken himself down to a measly 5'4", his forehead and sideburns were painted with a cheap, rudimentary red paint made from clay that he had done himself. He looked nothing like Aimi Kaguya which is exactly how he wanted to be in the Land of Tea. So close to Water and Fire both, he little needed anyone who might recognize him from either country drawing attention to himself.

He had come to Tea for one purpose - the sword. His chosen primary style, Iaido, called this country home and its' dojos were world renowned. Thus it was only natural that, as a bannin who had been given a time limit of a year to travel the world and grow stronger before returning, that he would seek these dojos out and try to compare them to his own strength. Sadly, he had thus far found them to be... lacking, travelling from one dojo to the next heading south along the peninsula from the coast of Fire and Water and being disappointed by each home of Iaido that he came to. He hadn't even bothered to stay at any of them just yet, a simple look at some of the students and masters and how they operated telling him that he was faster than they were even if they were holding back! They could not make him stronger, and thus he had moved on his way.

Which is what had brought him here to this peculiar peach-themed tea house. The roads were long and harsh to travel, even in country so beautiful as this, and his feet were sore. He had come from a dojo some three and a half hours away by foot from the north and was looking for a place to get lunch when, ah, as if summoned by his thoughts and appearing from a swirl of petals came this tea house into view. Naturally he gravitated towards it, if only at first to have a look, but then as he grew closer and seeing the name, he realized that, with all of the peach trees around, this tea house must specialize in tea utilizing peaches! What an oddity! A rare and unique thing! Never had he heard of this place before but in his travels he had longed for just such an establishment. Training was all well and good and was technically his mission, but he was free to go at his own pace, see what he wanted, explore! Such was the freedom being a bannin allowed that he was able to go inside, find a comfortable looking seat off to himself and wait to be waited upon.

Which, of course, brings us to this moment, where Aimi Kaguya, travelling under the alias of Aimi Arisato, sat looking at his steaming cup of tea from under the brim of his straw hat and glancing up towards the energetic man who had brought it to him in the first place. He seemed harmless enough, really. Perhaps a bit too stern looking to be serving tea in some small out of the way oddity like this, but he had a pleasant air about him and stood so rigid and eager to please with his little notebook... the incognito bannin couldn't help but like him a bit, even if he didn't know him. Service like this was something he was beginning to truly appreciate in his travels as back in Kirigakure... well most waiters were actually slaves. There was a palpable difference between someone actively trying to enjoy their job and someone being forced to do it in the first place. The Kaguya was beginning to form a preference.

Looking back down at his steaming tea he reached out after tossing his right arm up a little far to get his crumpled white sleeve down (the gesture probably looked over exaggerated or otherwise strange, for he wasn't used to wearing his cloak as it was meant to be worn!) and took a hold of the warm cup, lifting it up and inhaling deep through his nose to sample the perfume coming off of the tea - sweet, warm, like a ripe peach in summer. Just what he'd wanted to smell! Slowly he brought the cup to his mouth and took a sip, licking his lips and setting the cup back down as he considered the flavor.

"No, I think I'm alright with just my tea for now," he answered finally after keeping quiet for several moments, tilting his head up enough that his smile would be plain to see from under his hat. "If you don't mine me saying, your boss doesn't seem to like you very much. New to the job?" he asked before taking another sip of his hot tea. There weren't many customers in the tea house at the moment and it would take some time before the couples' order to be prepared. Aimi doubted that the man would mind chatting until he was inevitably yelled at again to get back to work! Meeting new people was part of the fun of travelling, right?

Jutsu in EffectShow
Death Bone Pulse • Master of Disguise
A-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
By ossifying bones throughout their entire body, the user is able to change their entire skeletal structure. With this jutsu, the user is able to drastically alter their facial structure, allowing them to change the look of their face. With enough practice, the user can even take on the appearance of others. In addition, the user may also change the skeletal structure of their body, allowing them to grow or shrink by inches. This kind of change is limited, however, as the user must be careful not to loosen their musculature from their bones too much or else cause sever damage due to severed muscles. Because of this, the user may only change their height by 6 inches in either direction. The user is able to make these changes at a speed equal to their [Speed].

[Ignorance Is Bliss]
S-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
Prerequisite: 45 Control, [Heavenly Body Control], [Rigid Structure]
The saying 'ignorance is bliss' is not just an apt name for this stance, but also true in many cases. Using this Stance, the user tenses their body up in such a way that they limit their physical capabilities severely. The user's muscles become tense and rigid, severely hampering physical movement and strength capabilities. More impressive, though, is the restrictions placed upon the tenketsu system. While in this stance, the 8 inner gates are closed off, leaving the user with only a severely limited chakra pool to draw upon. This Stance places a -40 stat debuff on the user's Strength, Speed and Chakra Pool for as long as they maintain the Stance. Once assumed, even a direct look at the user with sensory ninjutsu will be fooled. Once this Stance is broken, the 8 gates are all thrown open at once, resulting in a sudden, massive influx to the user's chakra that is momentarily visible and palpable to anyone within an X meter radius of the user, where X is equal to the user's [Chakra Pool] as chakra bursts out of every tenketsu and forms a 'cloud' around the user. Anyone within this area of effect who's Strength is less than the users’ [Chakra Pool] is afflicted by a tremendous sense of nausea that lasts a number of posts equal to the difference between the users’ [Chakra Pool] and the affected's [Endurance]. If a person's [Strength] is 10 or more less than the users’ [Chakra Pool], they will be unable to prevent themselves from vomiting. If a persons’ [Strength] is 20 or more less than the users’ [Chakra Pool], they will be unable to prevent themselves from passing out for 1 post. The user must maintain this Stance for a minimum of 5 posts before breaking it once assumed to achieve this effect.
Last edited by Golnax on Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toshi

Tempered Temperaments

Post by Toshi » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:05 pm

The server slumped into the seat opposite of the patron with a resounding sigh. "Appreciation for honest work is so hard to find these days," the man puffed, resting his head lazily on his hand. "I've only been here a few weeks, yeah. Came to Tea Country because I'd heard it's the place to be if you're in the market for the perfect cup of tea."

After rummaging around in his back pocket the man pulled out a folded up map and slapped it on the table. He quickly unfolded and flattened the aging parchment, revealing a detailed map of Tea Country and its many villages. Black, bold ink strokes littered the map, detailing the server's journey across the country, which included the names of the many tea houses he had visited as well as small notes explaining his experiences at each.

A few of the more legible notes, as in the ones that didn't look like a child had scribbled down something incomprehensible, said things like "they use the cheap powdered stuff" and "almost perfect, but this place's interior design is horrendous."

The man traced a single, pale finger along the map, starting from the north and working his way to Tea Country's southern border. "Been all over the country and haven't found it yet. Came real close a few times, but something was always just a little off, you know?"

Finally the man tapped on the inky black dot that represented Nanen's Plump Peaches Tea House and added, "I was traveling from the south when I happened upon this place. Excellent tea, scrumptious scones, half decent atmosphere, but it was just missing something. Couldn't quite put my finger on it."

Then the man loudly slapped a hand on the table and pointed at the patron with a lopsided grin and said, "Then I saw it! A help wanted sign, right there plain as day. So I got to figuring, maybe the perfect cup of tea is the one I make myself. Anyone can sit around and drink any old cup of tea, but a true master of the craft can serve it as well as he can imbibe it."

With that the man spread his arms wide, gesturing to everything. "So here I am! Learning the ropes from inside the belly of the beast. Obviously I was the best person for the job, what with my natural charm and knowledge of everything tea."

"You're the only one who applied," Nanen said from behind the counter, still busy at work with the farmer family's order.

"Details, details," the server chided back, waving a disregarding hand. Then he leaned an elbow on the table and leveled a studious gaze at the stranger with the wide brimmed hat. "How about you, mister? Haven't seen you around these parts. What's your schtick?"
CharacterShow

Golnax

Tempered Temperaments

Post by Golnax » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:55 pm

Oh. He was just going to take a seat. Without asking permission. Hm. This waiter seemed quite friendly to Aimi, strangely so in fact because of where he came from. No one in Kirigakure would just... sit down across from a complete stranger. And the talking! This man was very obviously a talker, more so than even himself it seemed! Aimi listened to how the man had been at the shop for weeks (and was still apparently getting complaints from the owner) and watched as he full on pulled out a map, causing the Kaguya to reach down and pick up his tea as the map was unfolded on the table. He looked down at his waiter traced his finger and looked at the writing, thinking to himself, 'Wow... this hand writing is awful!'

Aimi flinched as the man slapped his hand on the table, speaking grandly about the perfect cup of tea and his travels to find it, his revelation to work in a tea house in the pursuit of that. It was charming, to be sure, but also overwhelming in a way. Aimi was by no means an introvert but even he had to admit that this man was on a different level in terms of energy! He was captivating and even as the incognito Kaguya sat with his cup of tea practically limp in his hand he didn't take his eyes off of his waiter for a moment.

Then came the question about him. "Hm? Me? Oh," he said, suddenly recalling that he was in disguise and had a cover story he needed to tell. He gestured with his right hand towards the longsword at his hip and the large scroll leaning against the table. "I'm a travelling ronin. I came to Tea to try and perfect my chosen style, Iaido, and have been travelling down the countryside from dojo to dojo in search of someone who can teach me. I write all I learn on my scroll-" he went on explaining, planning to go into detail about his 'past', his 'training', why he sought out the iaido masters in Tea, so on and so forth. As much as he needed to say to make it sound convincing.

He was stopped, however, by the sudden appearance of a young man in the tea house doorway.

He was young for sure, no older than seventeen perhaps, and had a wild look about his eyes. His black hair was messy and strands of it were falling out of his ponytail. Sweat beaded down his forehead as he looked first over at the couple still waiting for their order and then to the straw hat wearing 'ronin' and the strange server who was sat with him. The young mans' eyes widened and his brow furrowed. He was not alone. No sooner had he made spotted Aimi than three other young man, all around the same age give or take a few years, similarly in a state of travel and looking. They tapped each other on the chest and gestured with their chins in Aimis' direction as they saw him. They had swords on their hips.

Aimi saw them as well and froze up, looking past his waiter and to the four new comers. He didn't recognize them but their swords made him immediately assume samurai, and that made him wonder: Had his screwed up? Did he give some indication that he was a shinobi and not realized it? Difficult to say, but they walked over towards his table all the same. "You! There you are! We've been looking for you!" the first young man said, pointing an accusing finger in Aimi's direction.

"Hey! Hey! Take it outside!" Nanen chided shrilly, waving a rag at the young men in the general direction of the door. She went ignored.

"You dishonored our dojo and fled without giving us the chance to regain our honor! Are you a coward!?" the young man demanded loudly, raising his voice. Aimi sat quietly and breathed a small sigh of relief. Not samurai, Iaido students. They must have followed him from the last dojo he had been to, seeking some kind of retribution. Troubling, but not so threatening as a samurai come to expose him and potentially kick him out of the country and or kill him. The question remained: What should he do?
Last edited by Golnax on Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toshi

Tempered Temperaments

Post by Toshi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:32 pm

The server scratched at his jaw thoughtfully as the patron explained his own reasons for visiting Tea Country. Ronin certainly weren't uncommon in these parts, what with so many swordsmanship dojos dotting the land. But a ronin claiming to practice Iaido with a straight longsword? That was interesting in and of itself. The dark haired man's natural curiosity was about to kick in when he noticed that the patron sitting across from him was looking past him, not at him.

Four new customers had made their way into the tea house, all of them sporting rather serious looking swords to match their expressions. Suddenly one of them, probably the leader, pointed a finger in their direction and loudly proclaimed that they were looking for him.

Sheepishly, the server pointed a finger at himself, his expression innocent and questioning. "Who, me?" he squeaked a moment before Nanen, armed with her trusty dish rag, berated the swordsmen with every ounce of tenacity she possessed.

Her shouts seemingly went unnoticed, however, as the quartet approached the table, going on about dishonor and cowardice. The pale skinned man shot a glance back at the patron he'd just been speaking with, and then back at the young man accosting him. "Oh. You mean him? That makes way more sense."

The leader of the young swordsmanship practitioners leveled a glare at the server, who seemed to shrink under the weight of it, and then turned back to the patron with the wide brimmed straw hat.

"Nothing to say?" the agitated student muttered, his brow furrowed and creased. The man let his words hang in the air between them for a brief moment before his hand rested on the hilt of the blade at his side. The movement was both fluid and mechanical, as if the extremity was acting of its own accord. The three other swordsmen standing just behind him smiled knowingly, though no mirth found its way into their shrewd, narrowed eyes.

Trying to deescalate the situation, the server stepped in front of the swordsmen and the tea house's patron. He raised his hands in an unthreatening gesture and said, "I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding, gentlemen. No need for things to get dicey, right?"

The four swordsmen watched as the dark haired man pulled out a notebook and a pencil and quickly blotted the end with his tongue before placing the tip to a crisp, fresh page. "Now what can I get you this fine afternoon? The house special is always a hit, especially if this is your first time at Nanen's Plump P-"

Like an adder striking at its prey the lead swordsmen drew his blade and sliced at the server with one, smooth motion. The entire tea house seemed to hold its breath as the man just as gracefully sheathed the naked blade with a satisfying 'clunk.' The wide eyed waiter watched as his pencil promptly split in half, the pointed end clattering to the floor and rolling away in a gentle arc.

The pale skinned man held the ruined pencil up to eye level and inspected it, his mouth a hard, flat line. "Well that's just plain rude," he murmured.

Jutsu usedShow
Mujuushin • Humility of the Vagabond
D-rank Taijutsu Discipline
The practitioner of this discipline is able to more easily not present himself as a threat to those who can perceive him. He may appear frail, inebriated, uninterested, boring, or simply not worth any attention whatsoever. This discipline is particularly useful for blending into the scenery, or catching an opponent with relatively low Willpower off guard.
CharacterShow

Golnax

Tempered Temperaments

Post by Golnax » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:50 pm

Things were beginning to escalate quickly. He kept quiet as his waiter tried his best to defuse the situation, but he just... he really didn't seem like the man for the job. Friendly and charming as he was, he was facing down 4 students of iaido who were upset by... something that Aimi had done. What exactly had he done? He tried to remember back to roughly three hours ago when he was at their dojo, as he highly doubted that any earlier dojo would have followed him and not caught up to the bannin by the time he made it to the next (considering he was forcing his physical capacities to their bare minimum). Whatever he'd done it had clearly made the young man hostile, but for the life of him he just... couldn't place his finger on what he would have done!

All that he'd done is arrive at the dojo, express that he was looking to hone his skills, was shown a demonstration and then politely declined once he had assessed that he could learn nothing there. If he recalled rightly, his exact words had been, quote, "Thanks, but I can see that I have nothing to learn from you. I'll be moving on." Then he'd left. Simple as that! Were these practitioners really so fragile of ego that that had been enough to insult their supposed honor? While the Kaguya was thinking on this things did in fact escalate, as the lead student bisected the pencil of his server in half, making the man grow somewhat sullen as his mood was obviously hampered.

That was enough for Aimi to see. Slowly he stood up from his seat and sat his cup of tea down on the table before resting his elbow on the pommel of his longsword. "Oh what? Gonna do something about that!? HUH!?" the young student asked, his head darting to Aimi as he stood and his arms moving to replace the blade back into its' sheath so that he could potentially act again. Aimi sighed. He could already tell that this was going to take more emotional strength than he was prepared to give.

"Listen," he said. "I've obviously offended you and your dojo. I meant no disrespect, to your dojo or your sensei. I was just being honest - I saw nothing that I couldn't already do myself. If I'm going to gro-" that was as far as he got before he was interrupted.

"You stood and watched two techniques! Sensei was taking it easy! As if he would actually show his full strength to a stranger who came wandering up to the dojo demanding lessons!" one of the other students said, stepping forward and jutting his arm upwards as if to dismiss Aimis' words entirely. The Kaguya sighed and reached up to scratch at his cheek with his right hand. He didn't have time for this.

"Ok, fine. If you want I can show you just how far ahead I am of your sensei and demonstrate that I was telling the tr-"

"You know nothing of sensei you disrespectful ronin! Sensei is a great samurai, renowned throughout the Land! You should be on the ground groveling for forgiveness!" another student interjected earning agreement from his peers. Aimi was quickly losing his patience. Stepping around the table slowly he moved up in front of the group of students who all crowded together and spread out slightly, their hands moving down to the hilts of their katanas and their aggressive gazes fixed on him. Aimi stood before them all in white and grabbed a hold of his scroll, holding it in his right hand and tapping it on the floor beside him.

"Outside! Outside!" Nanen cried, waving her rag in the air. "You're upsetting my guests and ruining my tea!"

"A fine suggestion," Aimi agreed, never taking his eyes off of the student in the front. He harbored no ill will on his face and felt nothing towards these kids as individuals, he was just really annoyed that they were questioning his ability to be the judge of if he needed to learn something from someone or not. "Outside, there's more room," he insisted before picking his scroll up and walking through the students, showing no fear as he bumped shoulders with them and made his way towards the curtained door, a peach emblem printed on the cloth.

Outside of the tea house were two more students who looked to Aimi as he stepped out. The bannin looked at the two of them from under the shade of his hat. Six in total it seemed. He stepped away from the door and was quickly followed out by the other four students who were already talking to the two outside, bragging about this or that, talking real big with a lot of bravado that Aimi didn't feel the need to listen to. He walked diagonally from the front of the tea house and to the left about twenty meters, putting roughly that much space between himself and the students as well before stopping and facing them. A warm wind kicked up and blew petals out of the near by peach trees, kicking up the pink blossoms on the ground and sending them swirling around the group of seven swordsmen.

"Alright, why don't all of you come at me at once? No need for a one on one duel, I can handle it," Aimi called out, tapping his scroll on the ground again and looking down at the large roll of paper. He considered using it briefly before deciding against it. There really was no need to go so far against this group. He let go of the scroll and let it fall on the ground before looking up at the group of young men who were shouting insults and getting in position to try and take him on six against one. It really, really didn't matter though.

Whatever they were saying or however they were moving Aimi didn't pay attention to them. Instead he did something simple: He relaxed. Not your regular ordinary form of relaxation, no. It wasn't just his muscles or his mind that he let loose, it was his tenketsu that he let fly open as well. All at once. The eight gates included! There was a sudden, visible burst of chakra that centered on Aimi's personage and blasted outwards with a palpable force in every direction for 45 meters that blew more petals on the ground into the wind and blew back the hakama of the students who he faced, whose faces all fell as the chakra washed over them. It fell over the tea house and all those inside of it and well beyond them, reaching out as far as a small pond that was out from the front of the tea house and causing the water to ripple. Thankfully Aimi had not been holding the stance long enough for it to reach critical mass and thus no one would be affected by the sudden influx of chakra in the air - but they all would have seen it regardless.

And that would be the last thing they saw as Aimi brought his full speed to bear, leaping up into the air a good ten meters before drawing and resheathing his blade twice, sending twin slices of air flying downwards towards the group and cutting the ground in a V shape in front and beside them - but not hitting any of them. Aimi would then fall to the ground and dash forward, blitzing the twenty meter distance between him and the six students in a microsecond and moving between the iaido students, using the flat of his blade to strike each and every one of them on the back side with not nearly enough force to actually hurt them, instead making them fall forward as he finished his display by being five meters behind them.

Coming to a stand still he would sigh and sheath his sword, turning around and facing the group of students who had all been literally whooped to prove a point. Aimi's straw hat fell to the ground slowly twenty five meters away where he had originally been standing, his long white hair fell down his back and the sides of his head messily and a bit of sweat dripped down his brow from the effort and the spring heat. "See? I'm way ahead of you, and your sensei. It was nothing personal, I just... had nothing to learn," he repeated sternly, reaching up and running his hand through his hair to get his bangs out of his face - in advertently wiping some of the homemade paint off of his forehead and revealing the two bruises that were on his head.

Jutsu UsedShow
Released, but no secondary effects beyond the visible chakra:

[Ignorance Is Bliss]
S-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
Prerequisite: 45 Control, [Heavenly Body Control], [Rigid Structure]
The saying 'ignorance is bliss' is not just an apt name for this stance, but also true in many cases. Using this Stance, the user tenses their body up in such a way that they limit their physical capabilities severely. The user's muscles become tense and rigid, severely hampering physical movement and strength capabilities. More impressive, though, is the restrictions placed upon the tenketsu system. While in this stance, the 8 inner gates are closed off, leaving the user with only a severely limited chakra pool to draw upon. This Stance places a -40 stat debuff on the user's Strength, Speed and Chakra Pool for as long as they maintain the Stance. Once assumed, even a direct look at the user with sensory ninjutsu will be fooled. Once this Stance is broken, the 8 gates are all thrown open at once, resulting in a sudden, massive influx to the user's chakra that is momentarily visible and palpable to anyone within an X meter radius of the user, where X is equal to the user's [Chakra Pool] as chakra bursts out of every tenketsu and forms a 'cloud' around the user. Anyone within this area of effect who's Strength is less than the users’ [Chakra Pool] is afflicted by a tremendous sense of nausea that lasts a number of posts equal to the difference between the users’ [Chakra Pool] and the affected's [Endurance]. If a person's [Strength] is 10 or more less than the users’ [Chakra Pool], they will be unable to prevent themselves from vomiting. If a persons’ [Strength] is 20 or more less than the users’ [Chakra Pool], they will be unable to prevent themselves from passing out for 1 post. The user must maintain this Stance for a minimum of 5 posts before breaking it once assumed to achieve this effect.

[Iaido • Dragon Strike]
B-Ranked Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 35 Strength and Speed
The user steps forward with the front leg while unsheathing the blade in a horizontal attacking motion across the body. So swift is this technique that it is akin to a "flash", being impossible to see unless the opponents' Instinct is greater than or equal to the user's Speed. This slash creates a thin wave of nearly invisible air which cuts whatever it comes into contact with with 1/2 the user's Strength and travels up to a distance equal to the user's Strength in meters.

[Iaido • Rapid Slash]
A-Ranked Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: [Heavenly Body Control]
The user grabs a hold of the hilt of their blade and their scabbard before dashing forward up to a distance equal to the users’ [Strength] in meters. While dashing, the user draws their blade and rapidly slashes back and forth, leaving a corkscrew shaped trail of slashes behind them. So swift is this technique that it is akin to a "flash", being impossible to see unless the opponents' [Speed] is greater than or equal to the users’ [Speed]. These slashes linger in the air a moment before lashing out at anything and everything within a 3 meter distance of the user's trail. The slashes of air strike with strength equal to the users’ [Strength]. This technique is capable of hitting an opponent from behind.

[Mugen • Child Safety]
D-Ranked Kenjutsu Stance
This stance was developed specifically for the causes of mercy and to avoid taking life. While using this stance, the user fights with the thick of the blade rather than the edge, not using the sword to cut but rather to beat opponents. All sword strikes delivered by the user are reduced to half Strength as the user controls not just in what position the blade strikes an opponent but how hard it strikes as well.

Restraint
D-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
There is a time and a place to show off one's full potential, and a time for Restraint. Using this Stance, every strike that the user makes will only hit with half of the user's Strength. This applies to all Taijutsu Maneuvers that the user uses while maintaining this Stance. This Stance can be maintained indefinitely, or broken after as much as a single post.
SpoilerShow

Return to “Other Countries”