[Graded][Plotboard] Friends with Benefits

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:28 am

Rock Country... Generally speaking, Kenji did his best to avoid this neck of the woods. Being from the ninja village of this country, Kenji didn't exactly have a good rep with the local crowd. While he was more then capable of wiping any scum from the face of the earth, causing a scene would be against the nature of his visit. After all, it was hard to gather information on a notorious S-Rank ninja's criminal organization when people were running in fear of an S rank Nukenin. So for once in a long while, Kenji donned his facemask and raised the hood of his robe, leaving only his eyes visible underneath the attire.

He wandered through one of the outskirt villages of Rock Country, attempting to avoid going inland as much as possible. The further he stayed from Iwa, the less chance of running into an Iwa shinobi, and the greater his chances of getting the information he desired. After all, no doubt the Missing ninja he was after knew well enough to keep his business away from Iwagakure. However, even small villages like this had their undergrounds, and Kenji was no stranger to these places. In a back alley within the village's commerce district, Kenji found a door with an eye slit.

A small knock on the door caused the eye slit to open, and a stern pair of eyes looked Kenji up and down. "Whaddaya want?" Kenji's eyes stared up at the man from under his hood, and he could see the guy flinch as he saw Kenji's odd eyes. "Information." The gruff voice spoke out from under the mask, and Kenji's eyes pierced the man's soul, shaking him to his core. The bouncer opened the door, letting Kenji in to a den filled with the scent of opium.

Drug dealers always had the best information. They deal with everyone, from the rich man funding a party to the poor man looking for his fix. Kenji could only hope a few of this Shinobi's criminal associates had a taste for these kinds of activities...
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:57 am

Hung over and near passed out over the counter is where you would usually find this peculiar missing nin. Booze was his only true comfort in life, especially after the tragic events that had transpired in this mans life. Life never truly granted him a stronger love than this backwards way, gambling, maybe gambling was another way of life. But to gamble one needed money and Chikara had already ran short, even though he knew where he could find some if he truly dared to venture back to Whirlpool country. Grr, I fancy myself that blonde princess. If only Konoha dogs would leave me the hell alone. Chikara knew that it was dangerous for him to sneak back to Whirlpool, the blonde royal blood sure gave him a nice ending though.

With his head on the desk, the magenta eyed ninja looked around the bar and could only find junkies and dealers. It wasn't the best clientel but it gave him odd jobs from time to time. This wasn't what he expected out of his grand scheme, his "legacy", no he expected to do great things. Yet here he was, slouching and wasting time. Was there a dealer he was going to protect or was it the other way around? He never knew, all he knew was that he needed to make money soon or else he was going to drink himself to sleep. Chikara sighed and kept his eyes on the bottle in front of him, when the mysterious S-Rank Missing nin stepped into the opium bar, yet Chikara didn't turn around and instead found himself pouring another drink.

"Cheeeeers, to nothing!" How depressing, the missing nin drank it before he slammed the glass on the counter, breaking the glass in half. This caught the attention of the bartender, but with one stern look he knew not to mess with Chikara and instead cleaned up after him and offered another glass.

"F. . .F. . . Free of charge sir." The barkeep tried his best not to enrage Chikara. He could be frightening when he turned off his charm.

"Why thank you my good man!" Yet when he turned it back on, he could make anyone smile.
CharactersShow
Different Sides Of The War
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
Special Jounin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
Bannin: Iwa
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
Genin: Konoha
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
B-Rank: Suna
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Jounin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
Genin: Kiri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:20 pm

Kenji's eyes scanned the room, looking for whoever might be the one behind this den... Usually they were surrounded by women, but he had never been to such a raggedy looking den in his life. The smell of opium was heavy, clearly they had little to no ventilation down here to keep the place from smelling like shit. They had hardly any security either; looked like a few bouncers, but even an average special jounin could likely take this place without a problem. There were a few patrons drugged out on couches and mats on the floor, and it looked like one loner at the bar. Made sense; why would someone come here to drink? It wasn't illegal, but it was taxed... perhaps they were short on change and needed to make the most of it, so they came here to get it cheaper.

Whatever the case, none of that was pertinent information to him. What was pertinent was the man who came out from a room obscured by curtains some 15 meters to his right. "How ya doin? I'm Jinsai, the owner of this fine establishment." A small snort came from under the mask, and his eyebrow arched under his hood. "You call this fine? I've visited outhouses with more class than this place." At his insult, one of the bouncers behind him moved to wrap his arms around Kenji, which Kenji allowed to happen... for the moment anyways. "Oi, put'im down! You want to die!?" Jinsai ordered the man to release him, though he did so with a grudge.

"Why boss? He don't look so-" The man was cut off as Kenji turned and grabbed the man by his throat, lifting him off of his feet and pinning him to the wall with hardly any effort. "He's right. Mind your tongue, lest you invoke the wrath of god. This is your only warning." Kenji then grabbed a single finger on the man's right hand and snapped it with a simple flex, dropping the now screaming man to the ground. Jinsai seemed unphased by the act; clearly he knew something was up the moment he set eyes on Kenji. "I had you figured for a shinobi... And a powerful one too. I had very minor training in the arts, not enough to do anything with it but enough to recognize the feel of chakra when it's being used. You're not even using it... and I can still feel it."

Kenji laughed a bit as the man came to his deductions, all of which were correct. "Impressive." Kenji reached up and removed his hood, revealing the top half of his head before the sound of the glass breaking caught his attention. He turned to look at the black haired man at the counter... curious. "I come seeking information Jinsai. And you will stand to benefit greatly from what I intend to do if you can give it to me." "Uh huh... and what's it you're looking for?" "There's a group that has been frequenting Pebble and Rock country as of late. They call themselves the Jaku Ryu, and they run a multitude of criminal operations throughout various-"

The man held up a hand, cutting Kenji off so that he could respond. "Yeah I've heard of them, and I don't know nothin about them." Kenji's eyes narrowed at the man... that wasn't the truth and they both knew it. "I assure you, the leader of that group might be powerful, but i'm far more frightening then any threats they may have aimed at you. It's best you don't try my patience..."
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:48 pm

Chikara knew that eavesdropping in other peoples conversations was rude, but ever since he had left Konoha, he had picked up that knack as it usually lead to work, shady work. He knew that someone bold enough to enter this place and threaten people either had to have some serious cohones or was insane. Chikara snickered at the thought of hearing the man calling himself a god. "Hah! A god? Yet he has to come to these shady parts to gain information. You sir are no god" Chikara chuckled, he wasn't here to cause any trouble, he just never liked the idea of a ninja getting over himself so much as to believe that he was some sort of god, a being beyond comprehension.

Nothing as of yet had truly surprised the missing nin as he knew that most things could be explained, even the Genma and spirits had explanations behind them, yet here he was. A being who truly found himself to be special, what an unfortunate event. Chikara was after the same group but oddly for different reasons, which was one of the reasons why he stayed in this part, for he had been waiting for someone to look for that specific group, the Jaku Ryu. Known for kidnapping beautiful women, and others of course, but the women, they always seemed to fetch a good price, especially if they had royal blood in them. Chikara's mind wandered back to Whirlpool once again as he ignored what Kenji spoke off, he slammed the glass once again after taking another drink before turning his attention towards the masked one.

With a light skip and a couple of seconds to regain his balance, he would walk up to Jinsai. Shit! I'm a weebit drunker than usual, but fuck it! Payday is a payday. Chikara chuckled and shook his head. "Now is not the time for fear Jinsai, that comes later. Especially if you keep inviting vermin to this location." Chikara could help but to find himself laughing, even though he should feel frightened by the strange being, he didn't for some reason. With a quick glance, he noticed the mans strange eyes and was delighted. "It's great to see that I'm not the only freak around here ey. . Heh. . Now on to business. This Jaku Ryu. . I know where to find them, and I've been on the hunt for them for quiet a while now. I just haven't stumbled across a reason for it." Chikara gestured the money sign and then laughed as he slapped the obviously nervous Jinsai on the shoulder, Chikara needed him and therefor stepped up to Kenji, the man that could kill him with a snap of his fingers.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:53 pm

Kenji's ear perked up at the sound the man's voice, and his head tilted ever so slightly as he questioned his godliness. He peered out of the corner of his eye at the man, who proceeded to walk up to Jinsai's side and get close to him, as if they were friends. "It matters not. Human beings are much like the insects beneath our feet; small, insignificant, toiling away till the end of their days only to be forgotten with time. In a hundred years, your name will be a distant memory. In a hundred years, I will still walk this world, just as I do now. Your opinions mean nothing to fact, and the fact is I have ascended beyond humanity."

In the old days, Kenji would have merely killed this man for his impudence. However, he truly did not care what the man thought of him now... He was of no significance to Kenji, like an ant underfoot. However, if his claim was to be believed, the information he possessed was of value to him. "I don't truly care about the criminal group itself, it's only a means to an end. What I desire is the name of the group's leader. All I have heard is that he hails from Konoha and is labeled an S rank threat, which makes him worth my while. If you have this information, I suggest you give it to me now."

"You guys are out of your mind! Do you know who it is you're messing with? His eyes are white and soulless, and he messes with your mind. One of my guys got caught and tortured by the guy... we had to kill him. He had gone completely insane, his mind was destroyed by that guy. You can't hope to-" Kenji reached an arm out to grab the man by his shirt... which was weird, considering there was at least 5 meters between him and Kenji. Kenji's arm seemed to shoot out from under his robe, connected to his body only by strands of black tendril. The tendrils then retracted back into his body, dragging Jinsai along with them until he was inches from Kenji's face.

"Do not presume to tell me who I can and cannot deal with maggot." As Kenji spoke, something wriggled up through his robe, and poked out through his robe collar... It was a tendril. The tendril worked its way underneath Kenji's mask, pulling it off to reveal the stitched glasgow smile underneath. "Oh... oh god. Kenji..." Kenji smirked, stretching the stitching in his face as he dropped the man to the ground. "'God' is right." He turned his back to the two, walking towards the door.

"You, with the black hair... What's your name?" He waited for the man to introduce himself before he continued. "If a reason to work against this group is what you're after, I have money beyond your wildest dreams. All I request is the name of the group's leader."
Active Characters

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:17 pm

Chikara listened carefully to the words that spewed out of Kenji, he was chocked, baffled because he hit him in his core. Right in the center of his being, for all that truly mattered to Chikara was his legacy, but being a wise cracker that he was, he was sure as hell not going to let this remark slide. "Right you are, or maybe you are wrong. Hah, a god such as yourself seems too concerned as to what people might think or see you as. You probably chose the life of a monster that lives for hundreds of years because you are afraid of people tarnishing your name. You know that your actions aren't worth a damn and that's why you go around threatening people to show how powerful your name is. Hah!"

Chikara knew that this man was not to be tested, yet he seemed oddly interested in finding one man, to the point of making everyone in the bar hate his presence. This guy will have the shittiest legacy of all times. The missing nin grinned but it quickly turned into a frown once Kenji's arm shot out of his wrist, it was the freakiest thing he had ever seen and as a ninja he could've sworn that he had seen it all. Is this thing truly a god? Wait what? What the fuck am I thinking, of course not! Chikara shivered out of disgust yet his eyes never left Kenji's, he couldn't care less what happened to Jinsai but he wasn't about to engage with a person that could do unspeakable things if it wasn't on his terms.

Once Kenji turned his back on him, he began to relax, yet he was still mindful of his surroundings as he didn't know what else the Glasgow freak could do. "The name is Nara, Chikara and I presume that you are Hiraku Kenji, S-Class Missing nin from Iwagakure no Sato. Tell me, you don't happen to know where I can find the wicked witch? I need to talk to that bitch about her fucked up actions. . . That and Hyuuga, Soujirou. The motherfucker that runs Jaku Ryu." Chikara chuckled, for he found it funny that Kenji would go around and ask for information. It wasn't how they described him in the Bingo book, the way they studied him it always seemed to appear that he knew everything and was a true monster, yet his abilities wasn't detailed for there never seemed to be any survivors after he went through a place. All he knew was that Kenji roamed with a witch and a snake, that he looked strange and had a Glasgow smile of black tendrils. Yet, now that he stood in front of him, knowing full well that he could die any second, all he could do was smile and laugh at the situation, his legacy was truly growing.

"I hope that rumors don't proceed your abilities, I mean. I don't want to be the one doing all the heavy lifting." That was Chikara's way of saying that he was on board with this stupid idea, who would've thought that the charismatic missing nin would ever stoop so low as to work with an abomination. Chikara shrugged and laughed as he passed Kenji and exited the bar, he was going to lead The Thing That Should Not Be to Jaku Ryu.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Mon May 01, 2017 5:24 pm

Kenji was admittedly beginning to lose patience with the young black haired shinobi, shooting a glare at him that could cause water to freeze in an instant. Icy daggers shot from Kenji's eyes as he stared Chikara down, unblinking and unmoving, like a statue. "My actions alone have ended the lives of hundreds, if not thousands of others before you. You are but a speck on this planet, and I could erase you with a mere thought." However, Kenji took a deep breath to calm himself... though of course he didn't have lungs to breath with, so he more or less heaved his chest as though he were breathing.

"All of this is besides the point. You say the man's name is 'Soujirou'? And he's a Hyuuga as well... that's a nice added bonus. It makes it all the more worthwhile to tear his heart out." Kenji smiled as he looked back to Jinsai, shooting him a small glance before tossing a small bag of coins his way. "Payment, as I initially stated. And worry not; the group will be disbanded in a matter of weeks. You'll soon have one less competitor in your... activities." Jinsai still looked rather shaken by the whole ordeal, but nodded anyways.

Kenji then turned his attention to the black haired ninja who identified himself as 'Nara, Chikara'. "Hmm... I have heard that surname before. 'Nara'... If I recall they do something unique, though I can't for the life of me remember what. I've never personally met a Nara, so all I remember is that you hail from Konoha... no doubt that's why you seek the deaths of this Hyuuga, and of course my well known ally Kijo, Nehan. The former I would be glad to destroy for you... you need only assist me in getting there to earn your pay. However..."

Kenji tossed a kunai at the man, not looking to hit him by any means as he instead meant for the Kunai to stick into the wall behind him. Of course, no doubt the shinobi would turn to watch the Kunai as it hit the wall, and when he turned back to look at Kenji, he would be nowhere to be found. After a moment or two, Chikara would feel two hands grip around his throat, though not tight enough to injure him; merely hold him in place. "As irritating as she may be, Nehan has proved herself valuable to me on several occasions. I shan't be hearing of any attempts on her life... though truthfully speaking I sincerely doubt you'd be capable of scratching her, let alone sealing the deal."

The man had crossed the space between them in what would seem to have been mere miliseconds... thanks to Jikukan teleportation. The Kunai was an anchor, connected via space to another kunai on his arm. With a single touch, the kunai whisked him to the other end of space, placing him behind the young shinobi in the instant he took his eyes off of Kenji. This should more than prove those 'abilities' you questioned, ant...
Active Characters

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue May 02, 2017 8:20 am

Chikara listened to Kenji's impressive killing streak, Geez, this guy sounds like a pain in the ass to be around, it's almost as if everyone has to acknowledge him as some superior being. Shit! How low confidence do you have to be to have everyone refer to you as sir and bow down to your feet. Maaaan. He knew that saying anything back wouldn't help him get the money that he wanted, plus if he was going to do this then Kenji would best believe that he would use the "god" to his own advantage, people of power were easy to manipulate. Tell them what they want to hear and point them towards the right directions and they would happily erase their target for their own good, yet they could give two flying f's about why you sent them in that direction.

Chikara chuckled, the smug bastard was finally going to use the user to his own advantage and he was certain that he couldn't read his mind. He watched Jinsai get handed a fat stack of money, he turned his attention towards Kenji and waited for his as well. Remember to never do anything you are good at for free. He never thought that he would get rid of Soujirou, as he was way above his league, but here Kenji was; happily obliging to taking him down, yet he had a sinking feeling that he had a plan of his own. There had to be a reason why Kenji was this desperate to find Soujirou. To the point that he would even allow Chikara to attempt taking his life, even though he full well knew that it was pointless for the time being. But before he could finish thought, Kenji tossed a Kunai right by Chikara's head, he turned to look at it, wondering what the hell was wrong with Kenji, as he turned to face him yet again he saw nothing.

Where did he!?~ Chikara felt Kenji's hands grip his throat, he cursed under his breath as he listened to him threaten him. Is this the type of people that bitch hangs out with? How. . F. . .Fuck! Chikara fell down on one knee as Kenji let go of him, his magenta eyes were trained on The Thing That Should Not Be, frowning, yet realizing that he still stood for a reason, and that was Kenji's mercy. You will pay for that one day. . . Freak! Chikara shook his head before he chuckled. "Geez, alright alright! Hahah, I didn't think you had the hots for her. I'll make sure not to say anything else about her." Chikara tried to play off the attempt on his life like it was not a big deal, he didn't want to show the monster that he was getting wary of being around such a beast. And instead began to lead them out of the opium bar, he shrugged then nodded at Kenji to follow him, they were wasting time and time was money.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Fri May 12, 2017 4:41 pm

Kenji could see the mixture of emotions plastered over the Nara's face... Shock, anger, confusion and the most notable; Fear. He tried to play it off with a chuckle and a joke, a natural defense mechanism for many. Kenji let out a 'hmph' in response as the man stood up. "You misunderstand, but I don't truly have the patience to correct you yet again. Let's just get a move on. Here." Kenji reached for his ninja pouch again, tossing another sack of coin towards the Missing ninja. It was clear that was what the man wanted; he was a sellsword, what else could motivate him?

"Consider that a bit of pay in advance. You'll get the rest when I finish off Soujirou." He looked back to the patrons of the opium den, many of which hadn't even been aware of anything that had just transpired due to the drugs flowing through their bodies. Jinsai on the other hand simply looked to Kenji again and nodded, still clearly shaken up by all that had transpired, but happy to have his pay and be rid of the S rank Nukenin. With a chuckle, Kenji reached for his Kunai, removing it from the wall as he followed Chikara out of the den.

This Jinsai... He'll make a fine addition later. I'm sure he could provide me eyes and ears within Rock Country. I'll have to remember that for later. And Chikara... Those eyes of his are indeed more then they appear to be. Doujutsu? Possibly. I'll have to observe further... He may be a cretin, but those eyes of his may prove useful. Only time will tell. He shrugged to himself as he moved along through the town... He was on the track to Soujirou. It was only a matter of time before the man's life would be his.
Active Characters

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue May 16, 2017 12:48 pm

Chikara the sac of cash and smiled, at least he was getting some in advance, in case the mission took longer than expected. He shook his head and tried not to think about his employers abilities, he had already set his eyes forward and was out on the hunt. "How do you want Soujirou?" Chikara looked over at Kenji's strange eyes and found it funny that the two of them appeared to be having a doujutsu. Chikara wasn't sure of his, as he had yet paired up with any other, his eyes where strange and could be used as a trigger for genjutsu as of now. But he had no idea what was going to be in store.

"Their slave rings take people off the streets, sometimes even ninjas. Soujirou shuts them down they say. . . It's probably his Hyuuga heritage. But I also heard that lately he had been hiring missing nins to cover his operations. I'm thinking, if we squeeze them then maybe they will hand over information. Plus. . . We can free some slaves while we are at it. You never know when they might be able to hand over information you know." Chikara was serious, not a single change of face.

"Or you know, we could attack all their spots and like. . Erase all the evidence, but that would be your job though. I don't really do massacres. . Feels wrong. Killing the baddies is one thing, civilians are just ludicrous." Chikara tried to chuckle that last remark but he meant it when he said that he didn't go around killing civilians.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat May 20, 2017 5:50 pm

As the two walked out of the den and into the streets, the look Chikara was giving him was admittedly intriguing to Kenji. His eyes were quite fascinating, and it seemed Chikara was just as interested in Kenji's own eyes. "No, they don't do anything special." He said matter of factly. It didn't take a psychic to know that's what he was thinking about. "Yours on the other hand seem quite interesting. Perhaps one day I could analyze them closer, get a better understanding of what they do. However I have more pressing matters then looking deep into your eyes..." He purposely let the words hang out there, as if there was a deeper meaning to them. And perhaps there was, but it definitely wasn't the kind of meaning Chikara would no doubt think of.

"How do I want him? Dead of course. But no... I don't want it to be so obvious as to attack them and erase their existence from this world. That would give him time to prepare, and i'd prefer to keep the element of surprise for as long as possible. If he catches wind too early, he may leave, and it would be an even bigger hassle to catch him." He thought to himself about the best way to approach this... it didn't take long to come up with the obvious answer.

"We need to start at the bottom and work our way up. Catch one of these kidnappers in the act, then use his info to find the slave peddler in the area. He should be able to lead us to the next slave auction, and I have no doubt that Soujirou will be around for that auction. You accomplish all of that and get me to Soujirou, you earn your pay... after I kill him that is." Kenji would stop at the exit to the little town, a few onlookers clearly eyeballing the pair of shinobi. "I assume you might know where to start with that right? My knowledge of the underground, especially Soujirou's group, is rather lacking given past events. I'll allow you to take the helm on that front, as your understanding of the group is likely better than mine. So where do you think they're likely to acquire their next batch of slaves?"
Active Characters

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Sun May 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Chikara chuckled, So, he just walks around with strange eyes? Wow. . . That the two of us met is a strange coincidence then. Chikara shook his head as he listened to what Kenji had to say, his ears perked at the thought of having special eyes had always crossed Chikara's mind but he had never truly realized what they could do, all he used them for now was to lure women or use them as genjutsu traps. He sighed as he didn't want to spend time thinking of different possibilities, he knew that he would have time later when he got the rest of his pay, when he could get blown out wasted in the next bar.

Chikara listened in on Kenji, he could almost feel his emotions oozing out of his words, as if the monotone bastard had really high stakes on Soujirou, like he truly wanted him for some reason. Not that the reason mattered to Chikara since his hands weren't going to touch the Hyuuga, he was way out of his league, which had to mean that whatever Kenji was after wasn't good. A sigh escaped his lips as he continued to listen, nodding as he started to build up a plan, they were going to take it slow, there was a lot that was going to go down.

"I figured as much, a man like you likes to take things slow I presume. I bet you are going to torture the guy, shit. . . Well! Lucky I ain't him then right? Hah! So~" Chikara cracked his neck, and looked around the village before he pointed in one direction. "Lately, there has been reports of missing people, I was going to investigate it but no one payed me for it, so I figured people had to be afraid of whatever it was that took those people. Some suspected an animal but animals don't cover their tracks." Chikara began walking, soon they would find themselves by the edge of the village and on the verge of entering a barren forest.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Wed May 24, 2017 6:51 am

It would seem that Chikara was on board with the idea, not that it mattered of course. If the bastard wanted his pay, he'd do exactly as Kenji demanded. "What I do with the man is none of your business Chikara. That information is above your pay grade, you'd do well to accomplish the tasks I've set out for you and not ask too many questions." Normally Kenji was all about someone wanting to learn things, especially other people's secrets. However, that changed when it was his secrets on the line. This sellsword didn't need to know anything about Kenji's plans for the man's body postmortem.

Chikara mentioned the load of people going missing lately... seemed like an obvious case of slave-style kidnapping to Kenji. "You know little about the ways of information brokering Chikara... attain the information first. Investigate the situation, come to a conclusion, then find a buyer for the information. Walking in to a crime lord's den without something to offer them right then and there is tantamount to suicide, or at the least it would give you a bad reputation throughout the underworld." Kenji rubbed the bridge of his nose and let out a small sigh... this man had better be good at the physical side of things, because he clearly lacked the brains.

"Whatever, it seems like an obvious slave route. I'll accompany you, but I plan to stick to the shadows mostly using Henge and hiding my true power as much as possible. As far as you're aware, you're on your own for these first few tasks, as I wish to remain anonymous until it's time to tangle with Soujirou. Lead the way... as far as anyone else is concerned, you're the one in charge." It was odd for Kenji to play a passive roll in this situation, and even odder was him giving up his power and title of godliness to do so. But he felt it was necessary. He wanted all of the advantage he could get against this practical god of genjutsu. The less Soujirou knew about the real threat against him, the better.
Active Characters

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Fri May 26, 2017 4:00 pm

Chikara shrugged at Kenji's first response, he was right, what he does with the target is up to him. He wasn't payed to ask questions, even though he was mostly making conversation, Chikara chuckled and shook his head as he continued to walk through the forest and listened to the contractor. Chikara's current form of strategy was to use surprise on their side, he tended to play it after their contractor if they could fight, so he figured that he would let the monster deal with most of the ideas, it wasn't like he didn't know that this wasn't how you obtained information, it was that he had no true reason to go after Soujirou before today.

He sighed, he knew that the man was known for his mind trickery, a real master in the art of illusion. His teacher had warned him of his powers, what intrigued him most was that the man had chosen to leave Konoha behind, and to hear that he holds a slave ring was shocking. Chikara shook his head, Kenji was going to have a tough battle ahead, Chikara was just happy to not have to be the one to face him.

What Kenji said next peeked Chikara's attention, for this was how he liked to work best. If only had other team mates then maybe he would be able to control the situation better. He didn't like to protect the contractor and do his deeds at the same time. Give the order and then let the man work, Chikara chuckled. "Sure, works fine by me. . In fact it's better that way. I don't have to worry about using my jutsu on you." Chikara shook his head as he continued down the road, they where soon going to reach the area where the missing people had been reported seen last.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya