[Beach Party] ...What's a beach party?

Open!

Valkier

Post by Valkier » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:05 pm

Water.

So. Much. Water.

Kiyoshi stared, transfixed by the endless expanse of shimmering, sunlit blue ahead. Warm water—warm water!—ebbed and flowed gently around her feet as she stood on the precipice of the ocean. It was beautiful. Beautiful and foreign. She'd never seen its like growing up within Tsuchi no Kuni; not this vivid cerulean, or such warmth in the lapping of waves. Her stomach had only just begun to settle again after the long voyage south, and so despite being at sea for so long, this was her first real view of the open waters. And how they stretched, all the way to the horizon in nearly every direction.

Slowly her awe slipped away into contentment and she scrunched her bare toes down into the soft white sand that glimmered underfoot. Her feet had never walked over anything half so fine. But the sun, at first so gentle and warming on her exposed skin, soon turned the air beneath her heavy robe into that of an oven. Looking around, the young woman realised that the occasional strange looks she was receiving might just be because she was the only one so heavily clad: All along the beach, everyone else in sight appeared to be wearing... almost... nothing? Shorts on the men. Too short. No tops. Women with everything but privates and chests bared to the open air—and even then leaving little to the imagination. Some few of them looked less like they were wearing clothes and more like they'd accidentally become tangled in a few loose threads. She quickly looked away, unsure whether to feel shocked or embarrassed.

But it was so hot. How could they all put up with it? She looked down. And up at the beach. And down again. Hesitating, sweating, Kiyoshi gripped the sides of her robe, feeling the heavy weight of the coarse fabric lift slightly, allowing a blissfully cool kiss of wind to tease her legs... Then shook her head, and rolled up her sleeves instead. It'd have to do.
CharactersShow
Aisu NaohiroJouninKirigakure no Sato[Unit 12] [HHD] [#BAE0E2] [#70CEE2]
Hachiya KotoriGeninIwagakure no Sato[Ukiyogenma Jinchuuriki] [H.N.K.][Gold] [#BF8040][Thread Tracker]

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:30 am

Happiness, that was the emotion he had been searching for, the joy in seeing other people spend their free time not worrying about being attacked, hunted, or vice versa was blissful. Yuuto was never the type to go out of his way to anger people or even hurt them, it was just that he was forced to do it from time to time because of his day job, a job that his legendary father had forced him to. A sigh rolled out of his breath as he continued to trek down the long white beach, his sandals were stored inside his pouch and his Kimono had been left inside his rented room, which he unfortunately had to share with the overbearing macho guy called Mondai, not that it was bad it was just that he was a walking armory, which meant that the room was cluttered with weapons and shields.

Yuuto kept things simple, he wore his black shorts and a white tank top though thanks to his pasty white skin that he had received from his mother, one could almost mistake it as him walking around bear chested, though the mere fact that he lacked any nipples would give away the tank top, his red sword was the only thing that stood out in terms of colors. He continued to pass by all the half naked people at the beach and did his best not to look at them for his pale face could never disguise a blush. A chuckle escaped his breath as he spotted something peculiar, he knew that Iwagakure nins would spend their vacation here but to think that someone would arrive with a heavy set robe was both eye catching and in his own opinion, stupid. Not that I would say that to him, he looks dangerous. Yuuto swallowed his pride and walked up to the bald person by the beach.

"Excuse me, isn't it a little hot for such a heavy robe? I mean... It's your life but that's the fastest way to get a heat stroke." It was only then that he realized that the person in front of him was a female, his eyes shot away from her and to the ocean as his face began to blush. Had he really mustered up the courage to talk to someone so cute without even realizing it?
Last edited by Trusted Grader on Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharactersShow
Different Sides Of The War
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
Special Jounin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
Bannin: Iwa
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
Genin: Konoha
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
B-Rank: Suna
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Jounin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
Genin: Kiri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Mre-face

Post by Mre-face » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:27 am

A large mass would emerge from the ocean and a massive metallic suit of armor would emerge from the depths. Heavy industrial breathing combined with heavy clanks of metal made for an intimidating apperance. Ginmaru had used his Blastoise armor to scout for monsters and research the aquatic life. He had assigned himself to ensure the beach was safe. In truth this was a mere excuse for being too shy to go out to the beach, and the heavy breathing was not from scouting the enviroment. The heavy breathing was from him being super nervous from being exposed and cute girls being all around him, but he kept up the facade of being tired from research. He was walking to his rented room where he would document his research and get out of his power armor. This came with the added benefit of avoiding confrontation with anyone for awhile. His armor clanked and his voice reverberated as people watched him out of surprise which made him even more nervous. But he kept his body language cold. All he needed to do was to get home. Simple right?
The Scorpion

Jinsoku,Enzaragi S-Rank MN: Iwa Setsuzoku
Companion
The Swordsman

Yūgana, Mondai B-Rank : Kiri Seven swordsman
Companion
The Angry

Shaolóng, Gōkariki A-Rank : Konoha

Companion

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:03 am

Shinjiro had interacted with a few people thus far, simply walking around and butting himself into situations. Honestly he hated it but he was here so he might as well get to know a few people and assess the kind of interactions that were happening between the two villages. Eventually something interesting had to come out of it or so he hoped. He strolled down the beach, wearing only a pair of green swim shorts. His muscular and heavily scarred body had now developed light tones of red as his pale skin began to burn. Of course his hands and forearms retained their usual charcoal black coloration, a feature which was typically obscured beneath gloves and camouflaged clothing, still he thought nothing of it. A peculiar sight caught his attention suddenly as a figure clad full in armor emerged from the water. He didn’t recognize the man but thought it was a very odd thing to see given the setting and naturally he wouldn’t hold back his thoughts on the matter, “Hey idiot, what do you think you’re doing wearing a full suit of armor to the beach! You’re going to rust it in the salt water and overheat under this sun!” he shouted out in an almost childish and mocking manner. “Ah, what do I care?” he mumbled under his breath before proceeding to ignore the armor-clad man and continue walking along, quickly noticing Yuuto from his distinctive white hair and kimono, appearing to talk to someone in a thick robe. ‘What is it with these Iwa shinobi? Don’t know how to dress for the occasion?’ he considered, thinking very little of their intelligence from this brief assessment.

Moving into a light jog, Shinji quickly began to close the relatively small distance between him and the others, “Hey, Yuuto! Finally a familiar face around here. I’ve been dying of boredom, who would have thought that even a coward like you would be a welcome sight” he teased, giving the kid a friendly jab on the arm. Their philosophies may have differed greatly but he was still family, a fellow karagata and moreover Shinji believed that Yuuto had a great deal of inner strength that he was simply too afraid to properly utilize. His tolerance to pain and ability to take an absolute beating and get back up was similar to the kind of training Shinji had been put through. The difference was that Shinji didn’t have any sort of healing factor whereas Yuuto did.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:07 pm

Yuuto shrugged at the monk as she didn't seem to answer, figuring that maybe it wasn't a good moment for her, so he chose to turn around, but before he would spot Shinjiro, a man clad in a metal suit would rise out of the water and make his way towards the beach, which freaked him out before it caused him to giggle. Shinjiro's voice shook him though and caused the young boy grin from ear to ear. "Oh wow! Hey! How have you been?" The pale kid leaped up and down before he rushed up to Shinjiro to give him a hug.

Once he finished hugging or was rejected, he would take a step back and scratch the back of his head as he realized that he was called a coward by his relative. He blushed before he took a big gulp and forced another grin. "Well, I thought a vacation was due, especially after the beating I took from Chiane." His father had told him that bragging was one way to earn respect in Kirigakure, which he never truly agreed with, but something within himself told him that he needed to earn his relatives respect, especially if he ever wanted to be peered as an equal. Strength wasn't everything for Yuuto, love was and strange enough he felt a strong bond for the man before him.

He scratched the back of his hair once again, he knew that he wasn't allowed to join the dagger program but figured that Shinjiro didn't need to hear it at the moment. It was embarrassing enough to tell his father, the beating was severe and left the boy in shambles for days though the humiliation was worse. He would forever look at that day as a failure, it was his one true chance to prove to everyone that he wasn't just some loser, that he truly deserved his rank of Chuunin and seeing as Shinjiro hadn't treated him badly yet, he didn't want to give him a reason to look down on him, not now, especially when he needed a friend. I can't be alone much longer, I need to find more friends... The only one that has given me respect is Shinjiro and Mondai, but maybe he gave me the respect I yearn because he is also treated as a second class citizen. Yuuto shook his head as he stopped his train of thought.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:16 pm

Shinjiro thought for a moment as he was asked how he had been. It wasn’t the sort of question he was used to. “No different than usual I guess” he replied with a shrug. All he had really done was train, growing stronger all the time but he was still far from satisfied. But then came the hug, ordinarily if someone ran at him like that he would take them down in an instant but he knew not to think of Yuuto as a threat and so he just stood there in curiosity, suddenly becoming immensely uncomfortable as the arms wrapped around him in a friendly gesture rather than one of combat. It was in fact the first time he had ever been hugged in his life. It made his skin bristle and his eyes bulge in surprise. For several moments he was completely frozen, fighting his instincts to hurt the boy but for once he realized he had no true reason or need to be hostile.

When Yuuto released him, Shinji realized he was actually rather flustered, face visibly flushed and he had even started to sweat a bit more. Luckily due to the blazing sun he was already rather warm and his skin was already coated in a light red layer of burns atop his existing scarring. “What the hell was that for? Ahh, idiot…Just don’t go doing that again without warning alright?” he trailed off, muttering a little as he rubbed the back of his head awkwardly. His attitude perked up at the mention of Chiane. Suddenly any semblance of annoyance had vanished and his attitude was once again aloof and casual. “Chiane? Of the Seven Swordsmen? Ughh, I’m so jealous. I’ve been a dagger for months now and I’ve never even met the damn woman. What was she like? Did you get to see any of her famed steam style, what sort of Kenjutsu did she favor?” he questioned, evidently very enthusiastic and friendly now. There was nothing Shinjiro wanted more than to train with each of Kirigakure’s most elite shinobi and one day surpass them all.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:30 pm

Yuuto was happy that Shinjiro trailed off, because that meant that for the second he was clear of having to talk about the SSM program, even though he was the one to bring it up. Why am I trying to do here? Why am I acting this way? Yuuto curious about his emotions, he knew that he usually had control over them other then the time he cries over spilt milk, but he was never the type to try to act stronger than he needed to be. Was this what they call an inspirational spirit? Did Shinjiro bring something out of the boy? He blushed and took a step back as his comrades demeanor changed to excited, to be honest he was still hurting from the strong no he received from Chiane to talk about her fighting style.

"Well, she was feistier than one could expect. A quick temperament but a woman filled with experience and passion. I got to experience her fighting style first hand, Mondai as well. Safe to say, I am lucky to have this gift (curse) or else I would've perished that faithful day." Yet his mouth seemed to move on it's own, he seemed to unlock one of his mental stages whenever he was around his fellow clan member, the ability to speak the truth, with confidence and strength to portray the situation unbiased. Yuuto's eyes widened as he took another step back What am I saying! Where is this coming from. He cleared his throat and looked Shinjiro dead in the eyes. I... I have to be strong and face the truth. Yuuto sighed and grinned as he pulled up his shirt and revealed the healing scar across his stomach. "In a state of panic and exhaustion I chose to sacrifice myself in order to save Mondai. I chose the wrong option and was rejected." He chuckled as his eyes began to water, he pulled down his shirt and took a deep breath.

"I have wanted to say this a long time..." Yuuto's head dropped as he finally realized something, his weakness to stand up for himself was what had kept him back, yet the only reason he had never brought up the courage to stand up for himself was because no one seemed to believe in him. Not his teachers, his team leader, his comrades and worst of all his own father. There were only three people that had shown him that he could if he dared and they were Jhin, Mondai and Shinjiro. It wasn't always with words, but the way they didn't mock nor belittle the fresh adolescent. "Thank you for not mocking me for my... Weaknesses, but I wanted to say that you have thought me a valuable lesson every time we have met. That I am not below anyone and should stand up for myself." Yuuto nodded before he bowed, he wanted to get that out of the way before they would be able to have a conversation because he didn't want to forget what got him through his dark period.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:52 pm

Shinjiro was thoroughly interested in hearing what Yuuto had to say about Chiane. The leader of the Seven Swordsmen sounded like a real firecracker, someone with a lot of personality and a strong attitude. The young assassin’s green eyes lit up, seeming happier and more youthful than usual. Perhaps it was something to do with Yuuto, he noticed he tended to be calmer in his presence, more able to enjoy the smaller things in life. The pair were cousins and that familial bond helped him relax slightly as well as knowing that Yuuto wasn’t a threat to him unlike his older siblings who would happily exploit a relaxed guard to get in a surprise attack. The two teenagers despite being both Chunin and only two years apart certainly looked quite different from one another, the lean white-haired pacifist only standing to about the height of Shinji’s shoulders as the brown-haired older boy had begun to grow a little taller and fill out into a muscular yet still lean and highly defined build. “She’s that intense huh? For what it’s worth I’m glad you’re not dead but you can’t rely on your healing forever, gotta put some muscle on those bones” he teased, moving toward Yuuto and giving the small kid a playful squeeze of his shoulder. He hadn’t missed the mention of Mondai, so the two of them knew each other? He had a run in with the fellow Dagger mere days before leaving for Fountain Country.

The teenage assassin crouched down slightly as Yuuto lifted his shirt, inspecting the wound. “Not bad, she got you good. I wish I could heal like that, always have to rely on Chiasa, my sister, to patch me up, spiteful bitch. Usually makes me wait a few days or weeks unless it’s life threatening” he uttered, shuddering a little at the thought of his sister. The dozens of scars across the entirety of his body would be quite visible, including marks from being burned, prodded and whipped. His body truly did look like the canvas of the most abused slaves in the village, even having the symbol of the village branded on one shoulder and the symbol of the Karagata on the other, however despite how it looked the young man was never a slave, it was simply a result of extensive training to build up his pain tolerance and train him to resist torture and push the limits of his body to fight even in the most dire of conditions. Still, he accepted that all Kirigakure shinobi suffered in their own way and he wasn’t better than others simply because he had endured more physical pain than most. Yuuto had his own struggles that he was facing and learning to overcome and his potential was every bit as great as Shinji’s.

His eyes narrowed slightly as he considered the choice Yuuto had made. Was that truly the wrong choice? He couldn’t say for certain, it wasn’t his place to judge yet evidently that was the conclusion Chiane came to. “Some might see that as a weakness but I’m not so sure” he admitted. “Not like it killed you so it could have been a good tactic in a pinch but ehh, what do I know? I only ever fight alone” he assessed rather nonchalantly. Considering the topic a moment longer he shrugged before his expression grew more serious, “I only know how to kill. If it meant taking down a high priority target I’d put my life on the line without a thought. To be willing to do the same to protect a comrade seems like the same kind of dedication that it takes to be a top shinobi” he reasoned. It was never a situation he had experienced before but his value in others had been growing as of late and if nothing else he could see that Yuuto was gaining much needed conviction.

Shinji looked up slowly as Yuuto’s demeanor shifted and his tone became hesitant. Straightening his posture again and tilting his head down slightly to look the boy in the eyes before Yuuto dropped his head. Shinji was curious what it was that Yuuto needed to say. He nodded slowly, even smiling slightly as he felt an uncommon warmth in his chest knowing that there was at least one person that didn’t see him as some violent killing tool, someone who he somehow had managed to affect positively for once. If only Aimi could see him now. The Jounin seemed to think that Shinji didn’t value the lives of anyone weaker than him though that wasn’t true at all, he simply had trouble turning ‘off’ his training and going easy on an opponent. “I’ve been learning lately that things aren’t as simple as being strong or weak, that people progress at different rates and it’s impossible to assess the full extent of one’s potential from a single encounter…I want to thank you too I guess. For not just seeing me as a killer, for believing that there can be good and redemption in anyone.” He sighed, feeling a little lighter. Yuuto was the only person he had in his life that he felt he could talk to so candidly without being judged or reprimanded. His right hand rose, running through his hair in a bit of a nervous habit. “Also, you should hear it from me that I hurt your friend, Mondai not too long ago. I’m not used to holding back and fighting without the intent to kill. He should be okay but I messed his arm up pretty good" he said, speaking slowly with a tone of genuine remorse. "Just wanted to see what a fellow Dagger could do but I guess I really don’t know my own strength” he confessed, worried about what Yuuto might think of him now. He really didn’t want to lose one of the only friends he had, and he knew from experience that lies only led to conflict and so he wanted to try being honest and open about the situation.

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:02 am

Yuuto stood up straight as Shinjiro walked up to pinch his shoulder, chuckling as he realized that he was kind of scrawny, he watched Shinjiros demeanor change, as if he was getting used to being relaxed. He could tell by the shift in his eyes, if their was something Yuuto was good at then that was telling emotions. "Yeah, I know but for now I have to see how strong it is, otherwise I don't know how far this body can be pushed. I find it strange because the pain isn't the true problem, it's the emotions. "

Yuuto nodded and chuckled at Shinjiro cursing his own sister, which he had learned was something siblings were allowed to do but one would be advised not to. He had grown up without siblings or friends, so... "I believe she is trying to train you to experience pain as if she wasn't around, to know that you can still move if you were out in some battle. Even though it's presented as a tease, it's some sort of... Eh... What's the word, contractual thing she does but doesn't realize it? Or maybe she does... I don't know." Yuuto shrugged, was he actually that comfortable around Shinjiro that he dared to speak so openly about other peoples affairs? He listened to his cousin speak and placed his left hand on it's corresponding hip. He felt that the pose opened his chest and made him feel more comfortable, more in the moment so to speak as he began to breath in the fresh air around.

"Yeah, that's what I thought. My plan was to have her distracted while Mondai would attempt to strike or place his sword by her belly and call check mate. But it... Didn't work out like that." Yuuto sighed and shrugged. "You know what you are trained to do, just remember that you are more than your job. You are Karagata, Shinjiro, first and foremost a human being who is loyal to his village. Don't become like my father, have a soul, live experience and do your duty as you are told. Yeah? Don't forget yourself and those around you. From the deaths that I have experienced, I want you to realize one thing that I learned. Life, we are given it once, don't squander it." Yuuto almost pleaded, he had unlocked another part of his chakra, his soul, he now fully realized what his own torments were about, what he saw in others was a reflection of himself.

He took a step back and let himself breath, chuckling and shook his head. "That's just another test for Mondai it seems. His fondness for his shield has forced him to learn an exquisite style. The breakage you created will now force him to improve his fighting style so it never happens again. " Yuuto walks closer and puts his hand on Shinjiro's right shoulder "Rather you wound him and his arm than an enemy out on a mission, right?" He had seen the shift in his eyes yet again as if he truly was sorry for wounding Mondai, but what he hadn't realized was that he knew what he wanted to say the second his sentence had begun. He could read his body language, tone and vibration. Yuuto couldn't believe how much stronger he could be once he had an ounce more confidence in himself. We are people doing our best to be loyal to our country. Yuuto stood straight. "We all have our challenges, our difficulties, and believe that the strength that you have created is what is your strongest value. Dedication and direction. I admire that, and I am sure others do to. " He had realized that it must be equally as hard killing as not killing, for Yuuto carried the burden of fearing to kill, it was his strength and weakness, as it lead him to focus while he was out on a mission.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:44 pm

Shinji looked over his friend as he stated that he wished to find out exactly how much his body could endure. He knew Yuuto had his own type of strength and resilience, he was used to being beaten and sustaining injuries, perhaps his pain tolerance was adequate enough to truly put him to the test. The young assassin became serious for a moment, “If you want to truly know your limits you should train at my place sometime. Don’t take this offer lightly though, my siblings and I are raised on a completely different level than most. We might just break you” he warned. He cared about Yuuto and didn’t want to see him mentally broken or forced to endure unbridled agony but if he could withstand their training he would become stronger, that was certain.

The young assassin nodded slowly as Yuuto speculated on the reasoning behind the harshness of Chiasa’s methods. “Yeah, that’s exactly right. I don’t hate her, not really. It’s because of her that I’m so resilient. I understand that now but when you’re just a kid and you’re being waterboarded or electrocuted and prodded with hot irons it’s easy to build up resentment. Not all of us made it through, after a while the worst part wasn’t enduring everything myself but seeing others go through it. That’s all done with now though. With how strong Chiasa, Riku and I have become and after the deaths of Kumi and Mitsuo there hasn’t been any reason to bring in others, not after the last batch all washed out.” He revealed in a rather melancholy tone. This was all rather normal to him and though it saddened him somewhat to think of his fallen siblings he had come to terms with their passing and knew that it was an inevitable price to pay in their line of work. Only the truly strong survived and he wanted to believe that Yuuto could rise to the occasion and find his inner strength before the weight of the shinobi world came crashing down on him in full and snuffed out his life before he could reach his potential.

Shinji understood the feeling of being bested, of fighting against an opponent well out of one’s league. His entire life he had been struggling against trained fighters who made him fight tooth and nail to make any sort of progress. You just had to keep struggling, learn from every battle and push oneself to do better next time. “As long as you learn something and get stronger with every fight then you’ll never truly lose. You’re still alive after all. It’s natural to be defeated by someone with many years more experience, it’s how you grow from that loss that really matters.” He advised with a slight smile. He wanted to see Yuuto continue to fight and strive for victory. There was no place for feelings of sadness or disappointment. His eyes softened again as Yuuto seemed to look deeper into him, treating him again as a genuine human rather than the trained weapon he had been raised to be. “Yeah. I’m still learning how to do that. But that’s why I have to keep you alive and help you get stronger, so you can show me what it is to really live.” He admitted with a wide smile. He felt something that was unusual for him, optimism. He really did want to experience proper happiness and joy and simply appreciate the aspects of life that had been long neglected in his upbringing.

The teenager felt a wave of relief as Yuuto took the injury to Mondai quite well. It seemed the pair of Karagata cousins had more in common than he had initially thought. Once again they shared similar thinking. That was the same principals he had been taught. Overwhelming defeat, constant testing of one’s style and brutal injuries early on in one’s shinobi career were the only ways to properly prepare one for life and death fighting. Overconfidence, especially in an untested style was the quickest way to death and dishonor. Evidently Aimi had not agreed with these methods though Shinjiro felt it comforting and surprising that Yuuto did understand. “Yeah” he agreed with a warm smile. “I was worried you wouldn’t think that way. Aimi-sama scolded me for it, figured I nearly crippled him, and he could have bled to death if I struck a few inches off but I don’t miss: Broken Clavicle and Coracoid bones, severed a couple ligaments and tendons in the same areas as well as a broken rib. Enough to properly incapacitate but not kill. Nothing I haven’t experienced myself at least a dozen times, it hurts like a bitch and prevents you from moving your arm much but with good medical ninjutsu you can fight again after a couple days of rest.” He explained, still a little bitter from when the Jounin had talked down to him like some amateur who had been lucky not to cause worse damage.

The frustration in his body language immediately subsided as Yuuto placed his hand on his shoulder and offered a few additional words of understanding. To this Shinji simply smiled softly and nodded in agreement. He listened to Yuuto’s statement of everyone having their own challenges as well as the compliment toward Shinji’s dedication. “You got that right. As Kirigakure shinobi we’re tempered stronger than those of any other nation. The more we suffer now, mentally, physically the greater the advantage it gives us over foreigners like those of Konoha, Kumo and Suna who for the most part don’t seem to have any true sense of hardship.” He said, speaking with great pride and also experience having actually met shinobi from each of the five nations, having fought against some and worked alongside others, the type of experience many Jounin could not even boast.

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:53 pm

Yuuto thought about his answer for a while, he knew that his body was powerful but the torture that his cousin had endured spoke loudly, which got him thinking if he was ready for such a task, or if he should work out before hand and then endure the training to see how far he can drive himself? Thoughts that occupied his little head yet his body moved naturally. The torture that had been endured from his side were now only suppressed memories, distant pain that forced the boy to stand, to be brutal.

When he heard about his siblings he took a deep breath and chose not to speak on that matter, as he had no siblings of his own. Less, he did not even have a mother so how would he figure how Shinjiro's life should be? Even though his cousin spoke highly of him it got him wondering if his way was the right way? Or if he truly was just different and not fit for the ninja way? A shrug and an awkward smile changed the boys attitude as he changed subject. "The way I see it? We are the next generations "heroes" and this is just us taking our strides. I believe we all met for a reason, though I still haven't met the legendary Aimi, with his... Nakedness or what was it?" Yuuto chuckled and clapped his hands, he twirled his weapon before sticking it in the sand.

"I am sure that there will come an opportunity where I have to utilize other skills, hence why my father forced me to learn a sword style, though I have been meaning to work out a brand new fighting style... Here's a secret, It's a bit like Chiane's, I noticed that I wasn't able to keep up with her legs during the fight and figured that I want to learn or at least get a decent copy of her fighting style!" Yuuto's legs flurried back and forth as he kicked up some dust, his eyes was set forward while a grin grew. He wasn't minding Shinjiro for the moment as he was busy reliving the pain caused by Chiane's swift movements. "All I got to do now is remember where the hurt began." Yuuto chuckled and scratched the back of his head.

Yuuto listened and turned his back towards the ocean, the sun cooked what could only be described as his pasty skin, sweat dripplets mixed with the water and soon he found himself moist on a hot summer day. "This might be true, but remember, they experience their hardship. We just have to make sure that we get through to the other side. Kirigakure has a reputation to withhold, am I right?" Yuuto looked back and chuckled as he crossed his arms. This is who they want me to be? Or is this someone I can become? Yuuto questioned his himself but didn't let it show as he was still struggling to understand his place in the ninja world.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:30 pm

It felt good to be able to speak so freely, without fear of being reprimanded or lectured. Yuuto in the past had advocated for pacifism and yet he seemed to have grown since then. Were his ideologies evolving? Or did he simply not wish to impose his beliefs unto Shinji? He did seem stronger than before, surer of himself and determined. Whatever the case, he appreciated the lack of judgment. Shinji knew his life was not normal, he had suffered and struggled much but it had all led him to where he was now. He was strong, well respected and he had purpose. Though he wished to enjoy other aspects of life he would never wish to forsake his training or change the past that made him into who he was today. The Jinchurriki’s green eyes lit up with a strange mixture of optimism and bitterness. Could an assassin ever truly be a hero? He knew in Kirigakure the answer was obvious, strength and success were celebrated above all else. He had already claimed a great deal of fame and would surely continue to do so. However, he knew that to Yuuto a ‘hero’ was not the type of person the village deemed it to be. The boy’s father, Karagata Shiv, was one of the most famous and celebrated shinobi in the village and yet Yuuto seemed to despise him and everything he stood for, cautioning against seeing such a man as a role model. “Yuuto, what does it mean to be a hero?” he wondered curiously. He was truly interested in the boy’s opinion on the matter. It was a question he currently didn’t know the answer to. He was still trying to find his way, torn between many conflicting influences in his life; His father, Izune and his belief in ruthless efficiency and loyalty. The highly skilled Jounin Aimi and his belief in the value of life and human potential. Zekka, whom taught of negotiation and co-operation with others, seeing violence as an absolute last resort.

The young shinobi furrowed his brow at the thought of Aimi. His disposition towards minimal clothing didn’t bother him much, though it was a little unusual. “He’s the type of man who lives by his own moral code and admonishes anyone who doesn’t follow it. Ruthless yet compassionate, Selfish yet honourable…I don’t think I can ever fully understand him, but his power is undeniable.” He explained. The elite Jounin frustrated Shinji. He respected the man and wished to receive praise from him, to learn his skills and gain power comparable to his and yet he felt that somehow, he would never quite live up to the standards of his unique beliefs. That was particularly aggravating because Shinji knew that he shouldn’t have to, that following the teachings of his father and the way of the village, earning the approval of the Mizukage was what should matter. He had believed that following such a path would lead to respect from each of the villages most powerful shinobi and yet the further he climbed the more he realized how different each of the Champions of the village truly were. Kaisai, Maido, Shiv, Aimi and even his brief encounter with Hideki. They all seemed to have vastly different ambitions and philosophies and he doubted any of them got along well with one another. Perhaps he should have expected that. Kirigakure was built on rivalry, why should it be any different even when one reached the uppermost tier of shinobi. Those below would be forced to obey and show respect but there would always be peers of similar power and status. Individuals who could still betray and strike their fellow shinobi down for their own personal gain. There wouldn’t be anyone he could truly trust, he would always have to gauge his allegiances carefully and watch his back.

He listened as Yuuto spoke of developing a new fighting style. ‘Her legs?’ he considered, piecing together a mental imagery of the way she fought. Steam and taijutsu that incorporated kicks and one-handed swordsmanship. Surely, she would therefore have to be quite fast and agile as well as likely utilizing a relatively small sword. Personally, he wasn’t well versed in kicks, preferring to utilize a slashing attacks with hands or blades, though the idea of utilizing clawed slashes with his feet was something he might be able to incorporate. A wicked smile crossed his face as an idea for a monkey style of transformations and tactics flooded his mind. He could always utilize a new avenue of taijutsu tactics. “I think you just gave me an idea for a few new moves” Shinji smiled warmly and looked around. There were still quite a few people around. “This might not be the best place to practice but I’d be happy to play around a little if you are. We can make a game of it. Only kicks count as points” he suggested, smiling innocently.

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:49 pm

To be honest, Yuuto wasn't really ready to hear that word, for he had not truly learned what the meaning behind it was. He stood in front of his cousin and contemplated his answer, taking deep breaths to calm his mind. He searched through his experiences, from the events, to the definition of the word and to it's traditional meaning. Though he didn't know the words, his mouth still spoke its piece as if the mind already knew what he was supposed to say. "I believe a hero is someone who would stand up for the little people. The one who understands why they volunteered. Though I know about the forced enrollment by ones parents, I do still believe that each and every one of us has a moral obligation to stand up for the weak, why else would we be created strong?

So... A hero to me is someone who helps you in a dire situation, no matter the cost. That's someone I would consider a hero.... Like you!
" Yuuto grinned and snapped his fingers in front of Shinjiro. He knew that the words would influence him to become more certain of himself, as that was the energy he always gave off to Yuuto, and truth was that he meant it.

"Whoa, sounds like someone I should stay away from huh? I mean... I don't see myself being the candidate to speak to Aimi." Yuuto scratched the back of his head. he felt those words bite him in his chest and in response he kicked sand to play out his frustrations. "I don't believe I am ready to face any of their life paths as of yet... I lack personal experience and knowledge to debate them. Hence the beatings and humiliations, but it's okay. They are teaching us, for every second they chose to spend next to us, there's a lesson." Yuuto took a deep breath, he omitted the part where they chose to ignore him for his connection to his father or his lack of force on display.

Another breath was released as a smiling face returned to greet Shinjiro. "No hard kicks, just hits for points, and we play first to... 10?" Yuuto's heart was pumping, what had he agreed to? With a quick step backwards, his body slid to a halt and his weapon embedded on the sand next to his feet and even though his body was stressing over anxiety, his face was still revealing a grin.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Mon May 20, 2019 3:17 pm

Shinji thought on Yuuto’s response, ‘Someone who stands up for the weak?’ it sounded like a noble ideal and there were occasions where he had done just that but he had also killed many weaker than him. It was easy to justify killing others that preyed on the weak but what about the times he had been ordered to kill relatively innocent people? The ones whom had to die for political purposes or to further business practices for nobles of Kirigakure. There was also the matter of the countless peasants and common folk out in the Minor Countries, to truly protect the weak to the best of one’s abilities one would have to forsake any allegiance to a shinobi village. Perhaps simply protecting the civilians of Kirigakure would count for something. There was no easy resolution to such a dilemma. The truth of course was that Shinji had never wanted to be a hero in the traditional sense, it was a foreign concept to him though Yuuto had spurred his curiosity and desire to understand the motivations of others.

The young assassin tensed up as Yuuto named him a hero. He felt incredibly uncomfortable with the thought, his face flushing with embarrassment as his surprised eyes averted his cousins warm gaze, instead looking downward in shame. Shinji closed his eyes and took several deep breaths. “I’m not. But thank you for thinking of me that way.” Looking up sheepishly he would force a small smile. “I’ll try to help others when I can but I’m not a good person and I never will be, not truly. I need you to understand that. My loyalty to Kirigakure, my duty will always come first.” he assured, that was the one thing he felt certain about. No matter the corruption and evil of the village he would serve it and see his family prosper.

The teenager nodded as the conversation shifted to one’s life paths. Shinji knew he was destined to remain a powerful and loyal weapon to the village though his own personality and beliefs outside of that duty were growing rapidly, rounding him out into a much more compassionate person who was learning how to enjoy life and form meaningful connections. “I think I’ve learned more from you than any of our superiors. I believe the future will be bright for you Yuuto. The day may yet come where we stand together as leaders of this village.” he envisioned. He could see Yuuto becoming an influencial member of the village, perhaps a councillor should such a postion be restored in a future rule, mayhaps even the Mizukage himself should he grow in the right ways. Shinji on the other hand desired to lead a key divison of Kirigakure’s forces, whatever that might end up being.

Shinji smiled back at his cousin, only a few years younger than himself. “Yeah, you got it” he agreed. This would be simply in good fun and he would ensure that he didn’t injure Yuuto, regardless of his unnatural ability to heal. “Ready?” he would confirm before darting forward in a burst of speed (15), advancing in a low stance which offered good lateral movement, shifting off from the center line Shinji would plant his right foot in the sand and lash out with a kick with his left leg, aimed at Yuuto’s right leg, hoping to strike him at the back of the thigh with an attack that would feel like a hard slap but not leave any lasting damage. This would be the first time he would see Yuuto in any form of combat and so he would feel him out carefully, excited to discover what kind of talent he might have.
Jutsu UsedShow
[Totem Style • Tiger's Hunt]
D-Ranked Taijutsu Stance
The user's stance is low and focused on fluidity. They advance with each attack given or received, dodging to the left or right rapidly but always closing the gap. Once closed they attack with rapid, if unaimed, strikes focused on overwhelming their opponent.

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Thu May 23, 2019 2:58 pm

Yuuto couldn't say nothing but smile, he knew that Shinjiro still had a heart somewhere around there. The white haired boy knew that he spent too much time in his own thoughts, but always seemed to figure that it was better to say what you want to say when you can, rather than be quiet when you had the chance. But for now, he was set on listening, until he heard those heart warming words. What? Me? What could he have lea... Yuuto blushed and kicked the sand out the way.

"Stop man, hah... You have to understand that for a bastard to hear that... Eh... Let's focus on the fight instead." Yuuto tried to laugh away the emotion, his eyes turned from his feet up to meet Shinjiro's. Okay Yuuto! You got this. All you have to do is land a couple of hits and get out of the way when he kicks. As if that would be easier said than done, in fact, when had it ever been in the bastards life.

The first kick came at a speed faster than he could initially react to, though thanks to his quick reflexes, he would counter attack. Yuuto used the added momentum from Shinji's kick to push his leg up in the air, his opposite leg swiftly tap his chest and allow Yuuto to gain some distance from his far superior foe, though the "Karagata" didn't fear the spar, nor did he shy away from it, in fact, this was one of the first times he willingly moved towards pain, for joy was hidden in between. He had found a friend that he could trust not to hurt him, a blood relative, a cousin.

Yuuto would flip once his feet hit the ground, a smile and chuckle escaped as he landed and prepared to counter attack if needed. Yuuto needed to be on the defensive, unless Shinji wanted to test him out. Whatever happens, I'm just happy that we are having fun.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya