[Closed] Curious... Very Curious

Zao & Kat

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:11 pm

If there was one thing Suzume had learned from her father, it was to watch out for the unique. This could be chakra related, doujutsu, honestly just about anything. Today the only thing she noticed unique as she walked down a market street in a random town, was a man's gait. There was something off in the way he walked, but Suzume couldn't quite put her finger on it. He wore a cloak that honestly obstructed much of her view of him and as such she couldn't really investigate. For the moment she followed him at a distant through the sparse crowd, stopping at a market stall here and there.

She stopped at one and bought herself some fruit. It came in a small wooden box which she carried in front of her as she walked along. It was small enough to fit in her hands, and she opened the lid to find the red fruit had a wonderful aroma. She bit into a piece and found the sweetness unlike anything she had tasted before. She soon tucked the box away in one of the pockets of her own cloak, carrying one piece with her still as she went along. At another stand she stopped to look at some jewelry, her pointer finger of her right and trailing along a beautiful necklace when she paused. She had moved her Chishiki ring to that finger after her father's death and for a moment the sight of it made her pause.

Yet still she followed the curious man at a distance, one stall to the next while silently hoping she didn't draw too much attention to herself.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Zao

Post by Zao » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:38 pm

The young man had been on the run since the prison break, having only stopped to finish the process of fully transforming his body into the 'start' of what he thought the perfect body was within his own mind, a puppet body. Yet, that had only been a few weeks ago and the doctor who had been traveling with him had been forced to split ways due to the run in with a hunter-nin from the Sand village. Still not quite proficient with the body he had created for himself and the loss of certain senses and feelings it did cause for the former shinobi to move a bit awkwardly but he was slowly getting better with controlling the metal construct. Even though he wore a cloak, like a number of people did who didn't want to expose there own identities, the fact that Hyo had made the puppet body around seven feet tall was a bit of an oversite as he was thinking more so about he functions he could build into it rather than how well he would be able to blend in with the everyday person.

His cloak was sandy brown and stretched down from the shoulders all the way down to just above the shoeless feet, but if one was to look close enough they would be able to tell that his feet appeared abnormal due to their light grey color and the joint that allowed flexibility in the foot the was just behind the toes making it appear to be like some type of armor maybe for those unskilled in the anatomy of puppets or similar shinobi tools. The cloak also came up into a high collar on the back and sides of the stranger's head concealing the fact that the head of the puppet had three other faces then the one people could see in the front. A type of bamboo hat appeared to be shielding the figure from the sun that bathed the town currently, yet it was like the high collar that aided in hiding the puppet features of Hyo's special body.

'I think that I've lost them...I should rest and let my chakra recover a bit before moving on.' To say that the new missing-nin was a bit on edge would have been a big understatement for the current guy who'd just barely escaped from a hunter-nin by being able to wound one of the man's legs. That was only a few days ago and he really hadn't stopped moving since that day. The bright blue eyes that almost appeared to be glowing from beneath the brim of his bamboo constructed hat darted back and forth, unable to help being a bit paranoid about those around him. Even so he hadn't even noticed that the young woman was following behind him as he ducked into a door way that led into a slightly run down inn, with little money to his name at the moment he had to settle for what he could afford and planned to get a room for the rest of the day to stay out of sight and most likely leave later that night. 'This place will have to do for now.'
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger

Saisuko Zao - Suna Bannin - Spirit Weapon Saint

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - S Rank Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Aburame Hisato S-rank Mn / Inactive

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:36 am

Suzume continued following the man along, but as he moved into a nearby inn she realized she wasn't the only one following him. The others were simply better at it. She watched as a man came into view that she had seen before and realized there were at least two, trading off positions to keep him in site. One trailed off as he moved into the inn and when Suzume stepped into the inn she saw the other at a table already. 'Interesting... even father rarely found someone unique who already had a following like this...' she thought to herself. She knew this meant that if she wanted her curiosity sated, she would have to take on a bolder move.

As he would inevitably step up to ask for a room, Suzume stepped right up next to him and leaned against him with a grin and looked at the innkeeper. "Room for two please!" she said cheerfully. As the man would turn to get a key, Suzume would drop her voice and turn her head so that only the man beside her would hear. "You have a tail, follow my lead a moment and I can help." She didn't look him in the face, too busy keeping the man at the table within sight of the corner of her eye as she waited for a room key and assignment, slipping the coin to the innkeeper before turning to head for the stairs that would lead up to the rooms. She would keep up her cheery act of course, giggling here and there as she led the way.

By time they got to the bottom of the stairs she noticed already the other man coming through a back door. 'They'll wait until he's cornered, probably in a room. But they have no idea I can hold my own...'
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Zao

Post by Zao » Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:40 pm

"What...who are?" The man turned hearing the voice of the young woman who'd suddenly stepped up from behind him acting as though she knew him, what kind of game was this person trying to play. What ever it was the former Suna-nin was less than amused with it and started to respond back as he felt the pressure of her leaning against him which caused for him to allow his body to sway a little to the side. Yet, the man stopped the words coming from his slender grey lips as the eyebrows of the face fell slightly allowing for the bright blue eyes to narrow now, this was all a response to the low volume, whispered words that Suzume gave next which only he would be able to hear. "A tail..." He mumbled the two words to himself, just who was this person? Was she one of them? Why was she helping him? The man's already weary mind was filled with more questions then he had answers but as he turned to look at the woman he allowed the eyes in the face on the right side of his head to open allowing him a better field of vision and from the cloak he was able to see the man at the table.

Though he didn't know the man there was something familiar about him, a feeling that he didn't get from the woman but that did not by any means make it so that he trusted the stranger any more. Not knowing wither or not she was helping or aiming to harm he Ryu would keep his guard up but decided to give the stranger a chance. As the young woman maintained a cheery attitude and even let out a giggle or two it made the man's puppet body head shake slightly from one side to the other as he couldn't help but allow the hand crafted lips to turn upwards ever slow slightly into a faint smile. It was nice for someone else to actually treat him somewhat decently, even if it turned out to only be an act later, anything was better than life in the 'Pit'. In only a few moments the pair was headed up the stairs towards the second floor.

As the pair neared the top of the stairs the man's cool metallic hand stretched forwards allowing for the finger tips to land on the short girl's right shoulder now, revealing that he was not quite the normal person if she hadn't already figured that out, yet the movement didn't stop them from continuing on towards the room which the inn keeper had given them the key to. Instead it was an action to simply draw her attention back to him as he spoke in a low volume to the cheerful acting female, "Why are you doing this?"
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Thu Nov 01, 2018 8:16 pm

Suzume turned as he touched her shoulder and for the briefest moment she paused as she caught sight of his hand. 'Oh now that is interesting...' she thought to herself. 'The question is, amputee or puppet body? Oh how jealous Kenji would be if he were alive to know I found either. Such a construct, regardless of the reason...' The girl recovered quickly, not speaking her questions aloud as she briefly glanced around her new friend and down the hall where they came from, and up the hallway they were headed down before she spoke normally to him. "You're unique, that much I could tell from your gait." she remarked, leading the way still to the room the innkeeper had assigned them before using the key to unlock it.

"And you give off every tell-tale sign my father taught me about missing ninja and shinobi. Both make you interesting to me, and I see no reason to let a couple of clumsy hunters get their paws on you before I have a chance to at least talk to you." She led the way into the room and gave it a quick look over to make sure no one was in it already. When she was sure it was clear she motioned for the man to follow her in. "Come, it'll be easier to surprise them from within. The hallway will make a perfect funnel in case there are more than the two I saw, and the doorway a perfect pinch." she explained quickly.

Her dark hair swayed as she'd shut the door, assuming he had followed her in, her yellow eyes turning to fix on him a moment. "My name is Suzume." she told him. "What is yours?"

Zao

Post by Zao » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:21 am

"Unique, that is one way to describe it..." Hyu responded in kind to the young woman's words as he allowed for his extended hand to return to its hidden place within the confines of the bulky cloak that he wore currently, He mention of his walk was something that he'd noticed, it was due to the unfamiliar nature of his current body but in another day or two he'd be able to completely erase the awkward movements that the body did from time to time or when he walked making it a bit easier to blend in perhaps, at least a maybe a somewhat anyways. The young man followed her down the hallways headed for the room she currently held the key to and observed as she unlocked the room he focused his gaze back down the hallway behind them almost like he was keeping watch. 'Tell-tale sign her father taught her? Just who is she?'

The fact that she pegs him as a missing-nin based on his actions and body language alone actually put the man a bit more on edge, though she seemed to be to young to be a hunter-nin there was still that possibility even if he wanted to believe that someone would actually want to help him out. The lips on the grey colored skin of the puppets face seemed to frown a bit, the woman before him gave him a rather odd feeling that he was unable to explain as he turned back towards the open door to find Suzume waving him in. "Yes, if its only two I should be fine..." Ryu spoke softly as he stepped inside the room and she shut the door behind him as he continued to speak. "...you shouldn't involve yourself with these guys, miss Suzume." The puppet-nin shook his head and the metallic right arm rose this time telling the woman that both his arms appeared to be 'not natural.' as it was lifted up to allow the finger tips to rub against his forehead out of habit from his previous body.

Sighing a bit to himself, the man felt that the woman was determined to help him but he just couldn't figure out the reason. She had mentioned that he was unique but the way she said it to the missing-nin it was as if she'd found a treasure or toy and so he was still a bit reserved an distant. But at the least it was polite to return his name to the woman he had discovered was named Suzume. "Please call me Hyōryū and as you can see I'm still not quite use to this body. Just who are you?." The puppet body shinobi had to ask aloud the question that he was thinking, wandering just whom this woman really way. It would seem that she didn't even fear the hunters of his village but she was even younger than him, so of course the fugitive couldn't help but want to know something about the stranger other than her name.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:13 pm

Suzume couldn't help a chuckle as the man told her that she shouldn't involve herself. "I've been learning how to dodge hunter shinobi since I was fourteen." she replied, opening the door a crack and watching for the men. So far not seeing them, she turned to her new companion at his next question and sighed. She had learned to use the family name less and less in the interest of her own safety, but she could see this guy might need to hear it before he believed she might actually be there to help him. "Hiraku Suzume." she said, repeating not just her name but the name she inherited from Kenji. "I am the daughter of two missing ninja who were monikered as 'The Thing that Should not Be" and "The Lady Fae". I'm also part of an organization called Chishiki, made up mostly of missing ninja such as yourself in the pursuit of knowledge without village restrictions."

She almost felt like she was giving a sales pitch, but it was the best she could do given the situation for as she spoke she noticed shadows coming down the hall. "I got this." she assured him, before stepping out into the hall. She could only guess they were probably faster than her, and even stronger. As such she stumbled her way along with one hand on the wall as if drunk and grinned at the two men as they walked towards her. Clearly they intended to pass her, though at least one looked intrigued. She shifted suddenly and 'fell' against him with a laugh. She giggled flirtatiously as the man awkwardly tried to shake her loose but a moment later and her blade had unsheathed with a song and his blood hit the ground.

As she pulled the sword out of his torso the other moved against her with a blade of his own and at first seemed to cut straight through her. But a moment later and a shatter echoed down the hall as a vase larger than Suzume was broken in pieces in front of him, rather than standing next to its twin further down the hall. "She's a-!" Suzume had dropped low behind him and sliced through both achilles' tendons in a single swipe, completing her own spin around and lopping off his head in another slash.

Blood spattered across the young girl's face, but she only grinned.
Jutsu UsedShow
*[Basic Jutsu • Change of Body Stance Technique]
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After completing the necessary handseals, the user is able to quickly substitute his/her body with a nearby object that is at least 2/3rds his/her size, but no bigger than their body. This substitution allows the object to take the force of the attack that was meant for the user, additionally allowing the user to create distance between him/her and the opponent. The object used in this jutsu may not be objects that are imbued with chakra or controlled by it, and they may also only be single, solid objects within a 20 yard radius of the user. This technique may only be used a total of one time in a single thread, give or take how many times Shunshin no Jutsu has already been used.

*[Yoshin • Achilles Bane]
C-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 15 Instinct
Ducking low and hooking their blade around the back of an opponent's ankle, the user draws a critical slice against the ankle's tendon, instantly shooting jolts of pain up the user's body. The pain causes even the slightest step to send shocks of pain through the nerve. Targets afflicted by this technique will lose 3 Speed until proper medical attention is reached.

Zao

Post by Zao » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:49 am

"You have?" The man questioned, within his voice the young shinobi spoke partially of surprise and at the same time there was a hint of doubt that could be found within the simple two words back towards the woman he now knew as Hiraku Suzume. The name itself didn't really mean much to the former Suna-nin as he'd been only a chuunin when he'd been tried and thrown into the 'Pit' under the charge of heresy, something he fully admitted to as he felt the rules and laws of the village didn't make since in the out of the box thinkers mind. Even as she spoke of the 'thing that should no be' and 'the Lady Fae', it only served to make the man a bit confused as these were nicknames to missing-nin whom he'd never heard of simply based on his low ranking within the village before being imprisoned.

Though he didn't know anything about the missing-nin parents of the young woman before him or organization named Chishiki, but it did make Ryu ponder if this was all words of truth that were spewing from her little mouth. A group that was like himself in the pursuit of knowledge without the harsh restrictions of the village. If there was truth to this then he would need to discuss more and inquire with the woman about this so called group. "Hey wait..!" He words had caused for him to go internal in thought, forgetting about the situation he was current within, a possible pair of hunter-nin closing in on his location. Something caused for him to hesitate for a second, part of it was that he couldn't believe she just pushed out the door saying that she had this and the other part was the control that he was still trying to understand of the puppet body.

Before he could focus his chakra to put the body in motion and open the door wide in order to push out into the hallway the sound of a death was already in the hallway and by the time he'd gotten through the small doorway and into the long hallways the shattering sound of a glass vase could be heard as well, Suzume had performed a swirling manner of swordplay that first caught the remaining man across the back of his heel which was then followed with a solid strike of his neck. Hyo couldn't help but stop and stare at the two dead men and the fragile looking, tiny young woman who had been the cause of it. He'd always heard that women could make better assassins and it was today that he couldn't help but nod his head in agreement with the old statement from his mother, this little woman was a scary one who'd killed many times before with her lack of mercy.

"You weren't lying, I had some doubts but now..." Hyōryū began to speed, his eyes shifting back and forth for a moment between the two dead hunter-nin from his home village, then the man's brilliant blue eyes peered out from the hood as he had reached up removing the conspicuous hat allowing for the woman to see the grey puppet face and its slender features that had been hand forged by the young man's own hands. It was a face that belonged to him as a man and was something he couldn't help but keep as a tie to his former body. Those bright eyes then lifted from the floor filled with death onto the blood splattered face of the woman who'd killed for him without even knowing him...why would she do that? Was it because of the organization that she was part of? "...tell me more of this organization, miss Suzume-chan."
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:59 pm

Suzume ripped a piece of cloth from one of the men to wipe her sword clean before sheathing it. From there she quickly found a window in the hallway and opened it, happy to see it looked down on an empty alleyway. The bodies of the two hunters she managed to heft to the windowsil and toss them out, including the one's head. When she was satisfied well enough she returned to the room and shut the door behind her once more, turning her attention back to the man she had just saved. She looked up as he removed his hat and had trouble hiding her own surprise at his face. She reached up a hand and, assuming he didn't stop her, traced a few of his features with an odd smile. She removed her hand at his question however and grinned at him. "My father founded Chishiki." she began, leaning against the now closed door and crossing her arms as she looked at Hyōryū.

"He was a criminal from Iwagakure... cast out for his desire to seek out knowledge of all kinds. He never believed anything should be forbidden and that he belief he carried into Chishiki." she explained, holding up her hand and touching a ring on her index finger with her thumb. On the ring was the emblem of Chishiki, a symbol known as the Seal of Cagliostro, a snake with an apple in its mouth and an arrow through its body. "My father made a habit of collecting information from anywhere he could, eager to have others join us from other villages. We archive any secrets we can get our hands on, and we are not afraid to share these secrets with any interested party. Knowledge is meant for the consumption of all really, to hide it is the real crime."

She looked at him a moment, taking in again the sight of his face and remembering what she had seen of his hands before. "I suspected you had secrets hidden in you as well when I saw you, honestly it was mostly the hunters following you that gave it away... but regardless, I hope that maybe someone such as you might like to join and help me continue my father's work."

Zao

Post by Zao » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:51 pm

The man quietly observed the woman as she cleaned up and dumped the two bodies of the two Suna-nin, he was still trying to figure out her angle in all of these as she had no real reason to help him out with the exception of the organization that she had mentioned a few times now. Soon the pair had moved back behind closed doors and into the room that they had been in a bit earlier. "Your father?" Hyo questioned in a soft voice, not really trying to ask out loud but more so making a note to himself about the young woman. It was at that time that she moved close to him and reached up as if she wanted to touch the man's metallic face, he instinctively pulled back slightly but in the end still allowed for the stranger to 'feel' his face.

Though she was touching the face the man couldn't really feel the contact, only able to tell that there was a very light pressure being put on the surface of the puppet body face which was a strange sensation that he was still trying to get use to. The man truly needed just more time to fully understand the in and outs of his new body and begin to adjust himself accordingly. 'A missing-nin from Iwa...I wonder just who this man is.' Maybe if the young man hadn't been imprisoned within the village's 'Pit' then he might have heard of the stranger's father but currently he was still trying to catch up on everything he'd missed over the past three years of being shut away from the outside world. "Collecting information, Chishiki, knowledge..." Ryu continued to follow along with Suzume's words, mumbling to himself in order to help put the woman's words to memory.

She made it out to sound like her father was prosecuted for wanting to disseminate all the knowledge without restriction, knowledge truly could be considered power in the world today and such a goal would definitely create many enemies for the man. The missing-nin's eyes shifted to the ring that she wore, able to understand that it mostly likely had some sort of tie with the organization she was in. The group sounded like it was comprised of others like himself, those who were cast aside or hunted by their home villages. Such a place would be dangerous to enter but at the same time he would not be fighting alone and would be able to rely on the strength of numbers. As he contemplated this the woman then looked back at his face causing him to shift his gaze away out of habit as those who looked at him like that in the village were of disgust or heresy.

Yet, she instead didn't seem to mind as she then proceeded to extend an offer to him that she would like for someone like him to join and help her to continue her fathers work...it was at this point that he was able to piece together that her father was most likely no longer among the living causing his artificial eyebrows to lower a bit out of a feeling of sorrow for the woman who wished to simply complete the dream of her father. Feeling as though he owed the woman his life at the moment as he most likely would have not been able to fight off two fellow shinobi in his current state, it was in that moment that the young man made a promise to himself to help her. "Miss Suzume…" Without any warning the man moved slowly and dropped his left knee to the dirty wooden plank floor and propped his right arm on the still up right knee. "...I owe you my life on this day, allow for me to help you achieve your father's dream in return." Even no a knee the man was still close to five feet in height as he adjusted his head and almost glowing eyes to look at the girl's face now.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:21 am

Kenji had of course told Suzume of how he first gained a partner in the world of missing ninja and criminals, how he had saved Nehan's life and in return she had pledged a life debt to him. He had told her much of it, and even of moments when he likely betrayed that trust, especially when it came to Suzume's mother, Akane. To watch as this man knelt before her and pledged a life debt to Suzume, the irony and opportunity were not lost on her. 'Its no little thing, is it, father? He has to trust me, and I him. A life debt isn't just one owes everything to the other like you treated it, its a bond. Unbreakable by outside parties, but easily betrayed. The trust between two strangers that is suddenly sprung to life... its fascinating in its own right.' these thoughts she kept to herself but still she smiled and took a step forward towards the man, leaving her certainly within his personal space.

She reached out and touched the side of his face, leaning forward to kiss his created face on the forehead. "I accept." she whispered, taking a step back and smiling at him. "I suspect you need a safe place to rest first though." she added almost kindly. "We have a safe house, in Dragon Country, there is a place to rest, supplies, everything you may need." Suzume gestured towards the one bed in the room, though more as a representation than anything as she was certain an artificial body likely needed meditation more than sleep, much like her father's had. "Rest, I'll keep watch, for tomorrow we have a long journey to begin."

Zao

Post by Zao » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:57 pm

Even though the man truly couldn't feel the young woman's hand that touched the side of his artificial face nor the kiss upon its forehead that former Suna-nin still allowed for his eyes to close for a second to remember the moment, it had been some time since he had be given such an affectionate gesture. "Yes." The man responded in kind as she spoke of him need a save place to rest first, as the man had been on the run for a few weeks at this point with the constant pressure of hunter-nin from his home village in pursuit this would be the first time that he would actually be able to rest and recover his chakra pool. "I look forwards to journeying to Dragon country then, Miss Suzume." As she stepped back the man would use his bent leg and hand that was touching the ground to push himself back upwards until he had returned to a standing position as his thoughts were on the future and what Dragon country would hold for him and his new alliance with the woman.

With a nod to her the man then reached up with his right arm up and across on top of the left shoulder grasping hold of the cloak he was wearing to help hid his rather unusual artificial body that was hidden in the shadows. Then with a quick pull up and over his head the large grey cloak was pulled off to reveal the dark grey, metallic looking body that was designed with great detail and craftsmanship, with the exception of the lower tunic like cloth around the waist that covered the front of back of the lower body the rest was left to bare. What would have pulled the most attention was the head portion of the puppet body, as it wasn't normal by any means. The head was angular in design and contained four separate faces on each of the four sides of the head unit, like that of the Asura. From a small pouch the man removed some precise tools and took a seat on the floor beginning to work on the joint of the left shoulder and elbow that had been damaged during his last bout with the hunter-nin group.

Being allowed to rest would allow for the man to repair some of the damage he'd received over the course of the past two-to-three weeks and for his chakra to return as well back to normal, though there was something that stood out besides the head portion design with four faces. Upon either side of the upper back were large disks with fuuin inscriptions on them, the disks were made out of the same material as the body and were hollow in the middle with mechanisms attaching the disk to the body which appeared to be able to move them above the shoulder of each arm. It would take some time to complete the repairs and recover the needed chakra to start their journey. As for improving his body the man simply didn't have the needed material or equipment to do so, but he was hopeful that the safe house that the young woman had mentioned would be able to provide him with at least some of the material that he needed to bring the body back to a hundred percent...at least until he made further modifications and improvements to it. For it was a truly superb specimen in terms of a puppet body but it was far from being perfect in the man's head...
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:47 pm

Suzume tilted her head as she watched the man remove his cloak, and as he began to work on the body. It was magnificent to watch, especially for one such as her and she found herself uniquely distracted as she watched him for several moments. "Before my father discovered me three years ago... I only knew of chakra by rumor you know." she remarked quietly, staring as he worked. After a moment she managed a blink and turned her gaze away, going back to the front door to make sure it was locked and using a chair to better secure it. "I still have so much more to learn as well, but I look forward to it. Seems there are so many miracles in this world so easily explained now that I know about it..." she turned and looked at the man again and couldn't help a bit of a chuckle. "I have to admit, the sight of you raises so many questions in my mind... but I'll wait until we're in a safer place."

Suzume moved to the single window in the room and looked down at the street below, satisfied to see no one was looking up to watch them. Still though she drew the curtains and lit several lamps in the room to keep it well lit, but without as much danger of prying eyes. She moved a table out from under the window and reached into her bag. From it she removed a small white stoat, the little animal protesting quietly before she set her on the rather large windowsil. Suzume couldn't help a chuckle before glancing at her new friend. "Noisy weasels make for an easy window alarm." she joked, moving away and back to the door as the stoat, named Koto, stretched in place and curled up in front of the window for a little nap.

Zao

Post by Zao » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:18 pm

"Only by rumor?" The face on the right side of the head, which was currently looking in Suzume's direction at the moment, had its mouth move and its eyes drift up onto the young woman as she spoke. For someone in the village often times they didn't understand the situation out in the rest of the world as the art of chakra was kept strictly within the village, a secret that wasn't allowed to be taught to anyone else. "Yes, charka is able to do many things which people who don't understand it could consider miracles or acts of God. Hehe, I still have questions about myself in this new form so I'm not surprise that you do too." A gentle laugh came out face number one, the one focused the work that was being done to the left arm. Chakra was truly a mysterious thing and the things that it was capable of doing were truly to numerous to even count it felt like, just look at him being a true human puppet for example. Who would have ever thought such a thing as being possible without seeing it for themselves?

Returning his full attention onto the arm that he was tweaking and working on the fingers of the left hand began to move, first in a slightly jerky motion but as he continued to fix the inner working parts the hand soon was able to move in a fluid, human range of motion that one wouldn't be able to tell apart from the artificial limb and an actual human one. Lifting his gaze from the newly fixed limb the bright blue eyes that glowed with chakra saw the woman pull out a stout from her bag, though he wasn't that educated on small mammals and assumed that it looked like a weasel to him. "A weasel?" The man made the mention more to himself at the sight of the small critter, but his spoke aloud question would be answered in a somewhat joking manner by the young woman shut in the room with him as she placed the creature down on the wind seal.

Shaking his head a light laugh and with tools now in both hands the arms seemed to dislocate from the shoulders and flip around as the ball joint in the shoulder of the puppet allowed for the hands and arms to now be able to work on the disk like mechanisms that could be found on either side of the upper back of the puppet. The third, back face, observed the work happening as the first face turned its attention back to his young savior. "How many other members does your organization have?" He was curious about what he would be walking into with this mysterious organization, though with his debt to the woman the man would follow her even if they were the only two...
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:58 am

Suzume sat on the chair she had propped against the door, watching her new friend rather curiously as he worked on his body. It was strange to see, the multiple faces, the way the body moved. Fascinating and, she imagined, terrifying for others. But she had been curious about chakra for long enough now that it honestly didn't scare her at all. She was almost mesmerized, watching him work. blinking herself back to the moment as he asked her a question that caused her to stop and think for a moment.

"There's a few, most of which I need to check in with. My father ran the organization with a woman called Nehan at his side... oddly enough, she was at his side due to a life debt." she remarked, thinking over Yato, Tetsu, Nehan, and even those she had spotted in the past and still wanted to pull into her circle. "The news of my father's death is still rather fresh, I need to ensure they know this organization is not falling as he did. But every member carries some secret of their own, after all, finding unique information is what Chishiki is about." she looked at the man a moment, thinking things over. "Most members choose a ring for their org symbol, what would you have for yours?" she asked curiously.

Zao

Post by Zao » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:43 am

Most of the repairs that could be made at this point were complete, the body was functioning some where between seventy five and eight percent currently but without some more material and specialty tools he wouldn't be able to make any more progress right now. With that in mind he allowed for face one to turn back around allowing for its bright blue eyes to focus on his new companion and her words while the hands and arms snapped back into place for what appeared to be normal human anatomy, the hands placing the tools back into the small hip pouch for now. Her mention once again of her fathers death causing a slight frown to appear on the full grey lips but he didn't say anything.

The man had never lost a parent and so he was unable to truly emphasis with the young woman but it appeared that she'd at least accepted the loss and was attempting to move one. Her mention of Nehan was the same as when she spoke her father's name, the man had been to young to know about such dangerous shinobi when he'd been imprisoned. But still he remembered the name and would attempt to discover more about this woman later one, hopefully before there meeting so he didn't seem to ignorant in regard to whom she was and what she was capable of. "A life debt?" A curious smile found its way on to the artificial lips of face one that was currently the one facing forwards at the moment towards Suzume.

"I hope that I can be of some assistance to you in ensuring that this organization will continue on." Rolling his shoulders as the joints made a light clicking sound the man slowly allowed for his body to move, standing up from where he had been seated from working on the damaged parts of the puppet body. 'Unique information.' As he stood the man quietly spoke the two words to himself mentally, this organization was truly an interesting one he was finding out. "A ring...um." The man was a little unsure about the ring, he'd never been one to wear any type of jewelry but if it was something the members did then he would comply.

His slender gray fingers of the left hand lifted up and stroked lightly at the sharply designed chin for a moment, "I suppose a ring would be fine for the time being." Both of his hands then lifted out to either side, a half shrug was made as he spoke, figuring a ring would be a decent choice for now and if he wanted then he could design something else later.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:25 pm

Suzume gave a small smile as he made clear his desire to help her, and she moved away from teh door to where he was standing. "It'll be good to have someone I can trust." she said quietly. Of course she had learned from her father that 'trust' was a relative word, and often at best times a naive sentiment. Still though, as much as she didn't want to admit it, Suzume had already become very lonely since her father's death. She had become so accustomed to travelling with him it never dawned on her that she had never truly been alone before. Before him she had lived on a commune with several other orphans, sensei, and the odd traveler here and there. Her father's death had pushed her into a unique situation where she was alone with no one to trust, and she was seeing how a 'naive sentiment' could be comforting.

As he chose a ring for his symbol, Suzume went to her satchel once more and pulled one out of it. It was a simple ring, much like the one she herself wore and she only carried a few in case of recruitments much like her father had. She walked over to the man and reached out her right hand for his left, intertwining her fingers with his and looking at his curiously as she felt the coldness of them. It brought an odd and curious smile to her face. His puppet body was intriguing to her, but also it was the seriousness of the moment and she remembered the day her father had given her her ring. She had put it on a middle finger and flipped him off and suddenly she felt she understood better why it had upset him a bit.

She ran the thumb of her right hand across each finger, getting an idea for size before she settled on one that seemed right and carefully slipped the ring on it. "You should rest." she reiterated, glancing up at him though she hadn't removed her hand from his just yet.

Zao

Post by Zao » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:33 pm

"The same." The artificial, gun metal grey face that was looking at the young woman smiled and nodded, noting that it would be nice to have someone to trust. Her actions had created a level of trust that the former Suna-nin had never truly had with anyone else, someone willing to risk their own life for his own. It was a strange feeling that had created an invisible bond between the man and this woman who he barely even knew, but he felt like he knew enough to put his full trust in her. To put his full strength into repaying her for her actions, intending to do this through supporting her and her goal of the organization that was left to her by her late father.

As she would reach out for his left hand with her right after withdrawing a ring from her stuff, much like she had pulled the weasel like mammal from her pack earlier, the left hand moved on instinct to meet the motion of the feminine hand. He cold feel the gentle pressure from the woman's fingers as they intertwined with his own but it was still an odd feeling to not be able to truly 'feel' like he had as a human. It was truly something that would take some getting use to for Ryu. Even when she allowed for her own hand to linger upon his own after slipping on the ring that fit perfectly upon the left hand's thumb the man had a strange feeling.

It was a feeling of emptiness, like a part of him was gone or missing. Normally when a pretty young girl would have touched his hand in such a sensitive manner as this his heart would have started beating a little faster and there might have even been a hint of redness forming with his cheeks. But as a puppet bodied shinobi, all of those physical reactions and feelings were completely absent and even though he was still haven't some of the emotional reactions such as the warm smile that formed upon the sharply crafted lips of the puppet's face there was a portion of him that would never be able to enjoy those small feelings.

Even though he was smiling, the man felt a tinge of sadness within his consciousness that was maintained within the shielded core of the puppet body's chest, a feeling that wasn't able to be expressed by the puppet's body's face at the moment due to the manner in which it had been assembled. For a split second he almost regretted undertaking the forbidden actions that resulted in him having this 'more perfect body' but he pushed the thought to he back of his mind and allowed for his hand left hand to turn over at the wrist and gentle take hold of the young woman's hand. "I'll rest some. After that let us set out on the journey to pursue your dreams, Suzume-chan."
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Return to “Other Countries”