[Closed] Market Day (Social?)

Varian

Post by Varian » Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:07 pm

The Seledar Market known for it's night life unlike it's sister the Gullean Market, awnings strew the streets of the market town. To call it a town was generous Seledar was more a hodgepodge of brothels, bath houses, stalls and shops. The pathways that wound within the collection of buildings, tents and the like were cobblestone footways at best and mud tracks at worst. At the very least Sji hoped it was just mud, he continued on down one particular street making his way from vendor to vendor browsing everything they had to offer.

The street was tightly packed in, although mostly by makeshift stalls that had been set up at a moments notice that morning. A small group of scrawny malnourished street urchins played a game involving stones and sticks with arbitrary rules subject to change at the whims of the children playing. Sji arrived at a bath house pausing to read the sign, a soak did sound good but this was not that kind of day.

Sji hummed cheerfully, his high pitched voice cutting the air in a chilling manner to the casual passerby, this resulted in space being granted for him to move as the townsfolk gave him a wide berth. A light skip in his step Sji moved merrily to the next stall, a hunched over elderly merchant stood behind a bench of various trinkets displayed in a haphazard manner.

"See anything you like young man?" A hoarse whisper came from the dried lips of the old merchant, he did not see a young boy in front of him but instead a potential customer to be milked for every penny. Sji seemed blissfully unaware instead picking up an gold ear loop only a few millimetre in diameter, examining it in detail. "Ah something to your liking? You have excellent taste young sir, it can be yours for a modest sum." The merchant left pricing vague but Sji was not a fool to the dealings of shady merchants such as this one, it had not been the first time he had encountered someone like him.

In a bright cheery voice Sji replied. "I do like it, I think I will just keep it. haha~" Sji turned and moved on as the merchant began to protest and hobble after the young shinobi, who had already began to put the small loop into a slightly healed piercing in his left ear. The elderly man continued to cry out after Sji to return the belongings, his pleas for someone to do something falling upon deaf ears nobody got involved in other people's business in this town. Finally the merchant's persistence paid off, Sji slowed his pace down allowing the man to catch up before suddenly spinning on a heel delivering a swift kick into the lower abdomen of the already bent over old man. Sji didn't even take time to see if the merchant dropped to the ground before carrying on his merry way humming the same tune once more, he had a purpose here someone he intended to seek out someone he had heard to be strong. An ear to ear grin came across his face as excitement began to build. "Oh this is going to be the best day ever!"
Active Characters
NameRankVillageOrganization
Sun IchiC-RankDungeon CountryN/A
Fukusha YujiGeninIwagakure No SatoN/a

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

Post by Sia » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:52 am

Dragon country was not exactly the mos familiar of places to Maido. Sure, she had heard some rumors and whispers. Done a little research on her own. Found out a few things of interest. The whole nine yards. Would it be a good place to set up some sort of operations? Possible. Would she find a few miscreants to draw to her cause? Possible. Probable? No. Not likely. Even still, she persisted. Maido had plenty of time to organize her thoughts, her army. Even if it took her centuries to perform, she knew within her cores that she would achieve her goals. Somehow. It mattered not to the eldest Muramasa how long it took. Her plan would come to fruition one way or another for certain.

A bit of a disruption caught her attention. Some general miscreant causing a stir, she would assume. To be fair, the area she was in was not known for being the kindest of bunch. Shady dealings went on constantly and not a soul thought a thing of it. Perhaps it would be a great place to establish some contacts after all, she mused. She gazed upon a merchant and his apparent customer. The most striking feature from her vantage point was certainly his beautiful white hair. A younger child, she noticed a forehead protector adorned them. How interesting Maido herself was in full combat attire today, fur clothing, lacquer armor, crimson cloak, all of her blades. She was armed very much to the teeth and brought with her a presence of regalia and viciousness.

Maido looked on silently as the boy made off with one of the merchant's trinkets of sorts. The poor elderly man did his best to chase after the thief but was abruptly stopped by a swift kick from the boy. Should she intervene? She didn't have any need to keep up appearances here, after all. Perhaps she should heal the man as a token of good faith. Maybe gaining a bit of trust from the people wouldn't be such a bad idea. She should put on a good face, she supposed. A shinobi other than herself was out and about in the midst of Dragon Country, doing as they pleased with no one to keep them in check. How relatable. She pursued him, for no reason other than to satisfy her own curiosity. Most shinobi that performed vile deeds wouldn't dare display their headband. Then again, that never necessarily stopped her.

She halted her pursuit as she came to the downed elderly man. A surge of chakra rifled throughout her body as she crouched down and placed her hands over his stomach area. A light-green aura emitted from her hands and she quickly healed up what was sure to be a rather excruciating rib injury if left untreated. "You never saw me," she whispered to the man as her intense gaze met his own. He mouthed a silent thank you and she helped him to his feet before turning her attention back towards the last sighting of the thief. Would she take the trinket back to the man? Not likely. Pursuit the thief and engage in something? Quite likely. Her eyes scanned the area, darting back and forth quickly and taking in her surroundings. Unfortunately for the culprit, his snow-white hair stood out greatly in the dingy area.

Maido took to the rooftops, not at all acting in a stealthy manner. It wasn't her forte, after all. No, Maido relied on other methods of getting things done. Methods which she had honed over many years. Methods which she had proven to be effective in the past. She had no need to kill the thief. In fact, a thief may prove very useful to her, she supposed. Especially if they were from a village which she had no acquaintances in. She trailed the boy for quite some time and intentionally did nothing to hide her presence from him, nor the fact that she was following him.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Varian

Post by Varian » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:38 pm

While making his way through Seledar, Sji began to gain a sense of being watched, he did not know exactly where from in such a dense location such as this. There was someone out there who was following him and not taking any effort to conceal the fact, Sji's lower lip trembled with excitement seems like this town was just as interesting as he had hoped.

Arriving at yet another bath house Sji decided to give in to temptation and took a little dip, soaking in the warm water for some time. His scarred body's muscles relaxing after some time on the road this was much needed, Sji certainly did enjoy his creature comforts. After the bath house, Sji went to browse various street food picking some rather rich looking snacks to chow down on.

Sji had continued to move through the winding narrow streets of Seledar, eventually reaching a more sparse region of the market town. Here a single fountain run down fountain nestled in the centre of this clearing, long gone were the days of it spewing water forth. Around the edge of the open space various awnings and tents were setup much like the rest of the town, their purpose to peddle various goods. The young nukenin made his way over towards the disused fountain and perched himself atop the rim taking a seat and making himself comfortable.

It was in this clearing that Sji finally decided to address his follower. "Hey hey! While I am flattered to have a secret admirer how about you come introduce yourself?" Sji swung his legs back and forth while perched on the fountain in a rather carefree fashion waiting to see if they would show themselves.
Active Characters
NameRankVillageOrganization
Sun IchiC-RankDungeon CountryN/A
Fukusha YujiGeninIwagakure No SatoN/a

Return to “Other Countries”