[Weapon] Nintoku's Crown

Varian

[Weapon] Nintoku's Crown

Post by Varian » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:28 pm

Surrounded by mountainous terrain on all sides there is an old run down dojo. Enough of it remained standing for it to still be considered a building. The large holes within the walls and roof would have many feel otherwise. The gardens that once surrounded this temple gifting it much beauty were now themselves overgrown. This overgrowth created a large natural barrier surrounding the dojo. Within the old run down dojo the armoury still stood untouched. The sole item a crown left upon a pedestal at the end of the room adjacent the sole entrance.
Active Characters
NameRankVillageOrganization
Sun IchiC-RankDungeon CountryN/A
Fukusha YujiGeninIwagakure No SatoN/a

zippo
User flair: Mr. Smooth

[Weapon] Nintoku's Crown

Post by zippo » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:26 am

A fist dug and drilled into the round belly of one donning a quite fine, sophisticated suit. As the plump man's knees went down for the count, a bag of Ryo fell to the ground. Falling out of its contents was a single coin. It rolled in front of him; rolled behind the man who hit him; and at its final destination, bounced off of the pair of a shoes owned by the man he feared most and owed his life to.

Before the coin could tumble like his friend here, Jinzo picked it up.

"Did it take this many coins for you to stab me behind my back, Gozu?"

The cold stare he gave forced the plump fellow to look away, shamefaced and afraid.

"You better have something good for me. In this business, you save yourself by giving back something of equal or better value. As the don, you have to give me either your life or something more valuable than your life in return for just stealing a single Ryo from me."

The stare in his cold, smokey-grey eyes sharpened, "Understand?"

As if his spine felt the cold stare, the man on the ground felt a cold rush down his spine and could not move one inch. Gozu's lips were locked. Sealed, in fact.

A Fuuinjutsu was placed on his lips by a fellow partner in crime, who stood to Jinzo's right. This woman, Setsuna, could only aggressively smile under her bandaged face over it all. Although loyal to Hidden Mist, she was most loyal to her lover, Musashi, above all else. And who did Musashi give his loyalty to above all, including above his lover? Jinzo. And together, the three have been running Sovereign with an iron fist inside a velvety glove for some time now.

Finally, after receiving the nonverbal signal of a pointed finger, "no-filter" Jouchaku Setsuna walked up to the feeble fellow and touched his lip. Removing the seal. With the ability to speak, he hurriedly looked up, large cheeks bouncing from the intensity, and feeding into Jinzo's ear of the very item more valuable than Gozu's very own life:

"I know of an item, bossu!"

"Go on." He replied, already at the minibar, drinking a martini on the rocks. Not even looking at him, assured on what's to be said hold no bearing to stop what's to come. Although Gozu was still shaken by the situation, Jinzo wasn't stirred just yet on whether to keep the middle-aged fellow breathing or not.

"It's an item that allows you to read minds!"

With that, Jinzo finally turned his head, looked at him "sideways", and said: "Tell me more."

---

The skies were dingy. The soil was moist. Everything about this place whispered a mystery into his ear. He needed to know what lied within the Dojo. Although he was going in bare and no backup, he was playing for keeps. Preparation was still the name of the game, and keeping his arrival undetected was key.

Throughout his trip here, he stayed in the trees, the bushes and keeping his senses on high in case he was being tailed. It wasn't until he came close, inside the closest bush by the Dojo, did he finally prepare to reveal himself. Always with a plan, he channeled Chakra onto his fancy black suit. Activating his ability to Linger triggers for a period of time. The technique he decided to Linger was his special recipe. Let's just say... if there's anyone out there even catching a glimpse of his presence, before they can perform a handseal, they'll be his slave for the day. As soon as he's spotted, the target would immediately be commanded to come and protect him from other possible ill-prepared circumstances.

He then walked into the Dojo and immediately saw what he came for. Although there were sliding doors inside, the place was a ruin. He could see the entire Armory and then some. More halls, more rooms, only to get darker and darker the further the eye could perceive. This place must've been marvelous in its heydays. And whoever donned that crown must've been a real "bossman".

And to respect traditional grounds, he drew a seal on his chest. It looked like tattoo, reading "Boss" in Kanji. Sure, even if part of him still wanted to stay protected, he knew that doing this carried meaning. He wasn't the type of man who cared about traditions but he did care about formalities. Although ruthless to the underground world, he still respected the ones who worked hard for their respect.

If this crown-thing was, indeed, real: This would further confirm that this reality is nothing more than a lucid dream. Reading minds? Of all people, Jinzo would ascertain something suitable to his purpose and capabilities?

JutsuShow
Linger
During his journey trying to master Genjutsu, Jinzo discovered he had the ability to linger his chakra within the range of [Control] meters, with the ability to linger for up to [Genjutsu/2] posts. However, this chakra left over can only respond to Genjutsu, allowing him to create anchored/overtaking visual triggers over an object he touched in this said location. This possesses ability channeling, costing him to +5 in Control in requirement for the chosen Genjutsu.

[Genjutsu • Mass Indoctrination]
S-Ranked Warp Genjutsu
Prerequisite: 50 Genjutsu
After channeling, anyone who looks at the user will begin to experience a sensation seeking to be completely loyal to the user of this jutsu, with his voice actively next to their ear explaining to them his goals made upon the technique's creation and throughout its duration. They find him to be the most important person in their life, believing whatever he says or what's implemented to be convincingly factual. The technique becomes more believable the longer they're exposed to it, and have the twisted reality to follow his command (short of killing themselves). This can include fatally attacking or lying to an ally. This technique has a duration of five posts.

Fuuinjutsu • The Boss
A-Rank Augment Fuuinjutsu
The user will draw a small, 10x10inch seal on their target, what envelops around their body is a tense sensation as chakra coats them at a creeping speed of 1 [full post] from the sealing point. So long as the seal is worn, they're protected with 49 Strength.

zippo
User flair: Mr. Smooth

[Weapon] Nintoku's Crown

Post by zippo » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:16 pm

Jinzo had taken his sweet time at the front. Waited for someone to walk up and become his new "subject". But after minutes of waiting, no one had arrived. He was the only person in the area. However Gozu got his information, it was exclusive. Exclusive enough for him to walk up to the crown, and place it upon his head in awe.

Sure, he was skeptical of its potential capabilities. After placing the crown upon his head, Jinzo reached forward and held the air. As if he was trying suffocate the atmosphere itself for a moment. In his head, he was thinking: 'If this does not work... I'm sorry Gozu. You've been a good ally. But your time as a boss, as a living thing, is over.'

With that, as his protective seal started to complete it's successful effect over his body, he kept it dormant and stopped glowing. He figured no one was coming. But to be sure, as he walked on, he summoned his Kakome. Making sure that there was no one within his path for some time.

Can never be too sure, especially after living the life in a hidden world where the good and kindhearted do not dwell, and only the strong, smart and cold-hearted survive.

And speaking of that lifestyle...

---

"Gozu. C'mere."

"Yes, bossu?"

Jinzo felt it again. It's only been an hour. He has found all the rats in his closet and basement. Every nook and cranny were cleaned of the filth that could've rotten his foundation to rubble. Most of the ones who could've stabbed him in the back have... had their backs stabbed. And those who were their secret accomplices have been erased by fire from the best cooks who stemmed from the wonderful tropics of Fire Country.

"You've done well," although filled with excitement he could only sit back, and chill while a scantly clad maiden fed him grapes off the vine.

"Thanks to you, I have drained the cesspool."

He continued, "Ever since I took over the underground world, and superseded many of the old heads, there have been many going after the title. Thanks to you, the best of the best, the most trusted of the trusted, the most respected of the respected, have revealed their true colors to me."

"It was my pleasure, bossu. I knew it would fit you well."

Then Jinzo's cold grey eyes narrowed at the individual as soon as he bowed, "But. I was informed about your activities."

Gozu smirked and shrugged as if off the hook, "Bossu. I go not animosity against ya. You can read my thoughts, even."

"That's the thing... I don't need to read your thoughts to see what you've done behind my back," Jinzo replied.

He continued, "I have other ways to smell the hidden scent of a rat in the room." His Kakome started manifesting. This startled Gozu. He never saw his boss' eyes look like that before!

"You've taken the liberty a month ago to snitch on one of my colleagues. Sure, they're from the Hidden Mist. Sure, they're a branch heavily untraceable to me. Sure, they don't even KNOW me. But you did not consider the fact that your actions cost me some Ryo? Again. I understand that you did it to save your family. I know all about your struggle. But a snitch has his place in our world."

"B-but bossu! I-I--"

"Besides. #1: I don't need more than 3 people to know this item I've acquired. Luckily, you're in a room with just Musashi, Setsuna and a deaf maiden. #2: There's nothing you can say that will relieve you from your sentence. Did you not think that having the underground at the palm of my hands meant that I wouldn't be connected to even the smallest of underground crimes? Somehow, someway, I am making Ryo off of it. And what you costed me is worth more than all the breath produced since the day you were born."

"Bossu, I can explai--"

"Take him where we place the snitches..."

"Nnnn-no-no-no! PLEASE!"

And with that, he was sent where all the top level snitches go... In a ditch full of snakes.

And with the snap of his finger, he was fed the next grape.

"Now let's get back to business, Musashi..."

Return to “Other Countries”