[Closed] Blacksmithing

Working on new mechanisms somewhere in Oasis country

Zao

[Closed] Blacksmithing

Post by Zao » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:20 pm

Senbon Shotgun Blasters (2 Mechanism)Show
Description: A special all or nothing style senbon launcher that has been built and installed along the outside of each of the Reaper's calves taking up the outside of the leg from the ankle to just below the knee on the right and left leg. Each launcher holds is made up of two compartment that each hold sixty senbon for a hundred and twenty senbon in total per launcher prepped to be fired. When activated the launcher is able to fire off either sixty at a time or all one hundred and twenty in that launcher at once in the direction the launcher is pointed. Creating a shotgun style blast of senbon that can be lethal at close range. Firing its senbon at a speed and strength equal to the puppet body user's [Deftness] and [Strength]. At [Deftness] meters the spread of the senbon blast is one meter wide by two meter tall and at [Deftness x2] meters the spread increases to one two meter wide and four meters tall.
Kunai Turret Cannons (2 Mechanism)Show
Description: A pair of turret cannon, one mounted on either shoulder that is able to rotate and move the weapon system in any desired direction that the use wills them and firing kunai at a high rate of fire towards targets. Capable of moving with a speed equal to the [Deftness] of the puppet body. Kunai are launched from each of the launchers at a speed and strength equal to the [Deftness] and [Strength] of the puppet body out to [Deftness x5] meters. The launchers are able to reach a firing rate as high as [Deftness/2] per post, with each launcher holding a hundred and twenty kunai to be fired.

Vision of the Gods (1 Mechanism)Show
Description: Ryu has installed a number of eyes all over the smooth metallic armored head, that are able to open up when needed to increase the puppet body's field of view from its normally used two eyes in the normal position on the puppet's face. This allows for the puppet to have a three hundred and sixty degree field of view out to the normal range one can see while having the same limitations as normal vision.

It was a rather beautiful day within the country of Oasis, the clouds drifted gentle in the sky above a small little town that was filled with different merchants and shops. A good number of tourist who had managed to get through the borders of the country due to their material wealth were enjoying the sun and shopping. However at the center of town were a number of blacksmith shops, each of them had different names but the signs each had the same small symbol in the bottom right corner. A subtle tell that these shops were own by the same business man…or in this case the same organization. No one except for the three elders of the organization truly knew just how far the Syndicates reach really went and whom was tied into the group through either being actually members or were affiliated with the shadowy group . Its reach even supposedly was able to reach into the five great villages according to some people but perhaps these were just people who like to spread rumors and make others fearful.

Within one of these blacksmith shops set a young looking child, probably only around the age of ten who was watching an old man forge a simple looking sword, at least it appeared simple from just looking at it. In the hands of the child was a rough looking sketch pad filled with rather crisp looking art of unique weapons one wouldn’t think that a child would be drawing or even pondering upon. Ryu had a sketch book for each of his puppet bodies, even the childlike one that he was currently using just because of the current missions didn’t require him to be on the attack but to blend in and simply observe and gather information. The one currently in his hand had a few kinds of launchers, a strange looking arm cannon, a cable like tail, along with other things. This was the book that belonged to the Reaper puppet body and this was the body that he’d built first after having his body transformed into a puppet. It was created at first mainly out of spare parts and had a lot of items that had to be retro fitted in order to make them work, it was only after finding himself under the service of the Dragon Master and the Syndicate that he was able to fix some of the body’s rough edges.

But since then he’d shifted his focus towards the other two bodies that he’d created, the ‘Infernal Titan’ and ‘Ghost’. Though after having finished production of those bodies and what he’d been able to do with their designs the man believed that he’d really left the Reaper body deserving more attention. As the old man continued to forge the blade, folding the metal over and over again with hammering and heating the metal the child looking figure would occasionally glance up and observe the old man conducting his trade. After about half an hour the old man put down the now amazing looking blade, his true skill easily visible with the craftsmanship of the now hourglass style blade. Sliding the blade into some oil the old man reached up one gloved hand using the back of the hand to whip away from the beads of sweat from his brow. Turning to look at the child like figure behind the man’s gray eyes seemed to study the person before him, it wasn’t the first time he’d seen this puppet body…in fact he was one of the men who helped Ryu build it to such a level of perfection that it appeared human to the naked eye.

“I see that you’ve made a few new modifications to that body.” The old man spoke, his voice deep and his words spoken slow and calculated, just like his forging methods were, addressing that mid-level enforcer who’d been making a bit of a name for himself in the organization over the past four or five months now. Enough that the enforcer elder had personally asked for his blacksmith guild to assist the puppet body user in forging some new weapons and even supplied some unique materials for them to take the man’s designed and create the Titan and Ghost bodies. He knew that if Ryu had come seeking him out that he must have some new ideas that he wanted to bounce out him and the other metal architects to see if it can be built. Shaking his head a bit the man smirked and began pulling off his gloves and crossing the workshop now as the child-like figure spoke though the voice was his true voice that belonged to a man and not a child. “I’ve been able to tweak a few things and even use some of the forging techniques you taught me last time.”

The old man just nodded and glanced down at the sketch book in the tiny hands now, though his young friend before him wasn’t the best smith what the figure was good at was having an amazing imagination along with a vast understanding of how objects worked from an engineering level. This was something that had allowed for the two of them to creature powerful feats of engineering such as the ‘Infernal Titan’ puppet which had special combustion engines that were able to creature powerful flame thrower style attacks that mimic katon style jutsu. “Oh? Sounds like at least you’re getting close to the beginning level of smithing then.” The old man known as Ning couldn’t help but take a little jab at the young man concealed within the child-like body before him, telling him that he was more or less still not on the same level as some of his new apprentices yet. A old laugh even managed to escape the leather like skin of the man’s lips as he finally crossed the short distance between where the forge was and the table at which the missing-nin was drawing in the book.

“You’re always such a pain in my ass, did you know that?” Even Ryu couldn’t help but laugh a little bit. And he couldn’t help but be honest at how much he admired the level of skill and craftsmanship that old man Ning possessed and what he could do to help him. “What have you brought me today?” Finally the old man had finished poking fun at the young man and took a sat next to the tiny boy and glanced over the sketch that Ryu had been working on as of late. Exhaling a bit he studied the design and nodded to himself about the mechanics behind creating a new weapon like this, it was a bit more of a one hit surprise tool from the looks of it. “I’m currently working on increasing the attack power of the Reaper body and this is just the first thing that I want to create and add into its already impressive arsenal of launchers. But instead of relying on pinpoint accuracy I’m thinking that this type of ‘blaster’ for lack of a better word could provide not only an increase in surprise but also how lethal it could be.” As the missing-nin began to explain himself to the forger and the old man brought his rough left hand and rubbed his bearded chin in thought. “Not bad kid, I feel like working with you is going to keep me young with this ideas of yours.”

Breathing in and out a few times he allowed for the idea on the paper to slowly assimilate into his thoughts, the design itself wasn’t to overly complicated in terms of what they’d done before. Or at least the portion of the two weapons that the man wanted him to create this time which was both good because it wouldn’t require a great deal of effort but on the flip side it was kind of boring as well. Though what was interesting about the weapon was the mechanisms that would need to be created on Ryu’s end in order to actually be able to launch so many senbon at one time. It was to be attached to the leg on one spot and that post which connected the new launcher mechanism to the leg would also allow for it to rotate in order to prevent it from being too predictable by a target. While it wouldn’t allow for the launcher to move left or right because of the mounting style they would need to use to affix it onto the outside of the puppets lower leg, it would still be able to rotate up or down. “To create the housing and the mounting pieces shouldn’t take me more than a few days, what I’m really interested to see is if you can pull off the launcher mechanism you’ll need to make this idea actually work.”

“Heh, don’t underestimate my brain old man. Right now I have a pretty good start on the launcher mechanism by drawing from my old senbon blasters, but I’ll need to find some stronger material to hold up to the level of stress and force being released. “ The old man could only nod in response as he too had been thinking the same thing, using just basic iron probably wouldn’t be able to hold up to the forces that would need to be created in order to launch that number of senbon. Ryu had actually come across some material when traveling to Star country, it was something that the organization was interested in and had been exporting it from the country for some time. He’d been able to acquire a small amount but it would be enough to take care of the needs he currently had and perhaps even have a bit left over just in case he needed to making more minor adjustments. “I’ll start on the container and mounting system this afternoon. Like I said, shouldn’t take more than a day or two for me to gather some alloy and create the enclosure. Maybe three days at most…” The old man seemed to be looking back over towards the forge in thought, already planning on what he needed to do and the amount of material that he would need for the job. “Of course, you know the standard fee will still apply.”

“Heh, I would have thought that something was wrong if you didn’t want my money.” Ryu laughed lightly as he was currently drawing an exploded view of what the interior of the mechanism would look like and the number of gears, springs, and other things that would make it work. Estimating the tensile strength that the material would need to meet in order to ensure that it wouldn’t just break under the level of strain that would be created from the firing mechanism. Then there was also the smaller issue that he’d need to take part of his day to use his special metal ninjutsu techniques to start compiling all of these senbon, two hundred and forty in total. While a bit chakra intensive, it wasn’t some arduous task but just something that would take a bit of time. And so the two men set off on their separate paths as the old man went about gathering the material and beginning his forging and creation process to create the other portion of the weapon system. Meanwhile Ryu moved into a back room after leaving a small bag on the table with the ‘standard’ fee his friend demanded for his services, luckily it was a discounted amount compared to the old man’s normal pricing. Inside the interior room Ryu pulled out a scroll and summoned his Reaper puppet, the large puppet body appearing in a plume of chakra smoke with all its weapons out and seeming ready for battle.

Though it had been created in a hurry, over time he’d managed to turn the body into a truly lethal weapon…he would only work to continue doing so. Removing another scroll the man placed it on the table and using chakra kai the seal was undone and a small mountain of random parts and pieces spilled out onto the table and even into the floor. “Guess I’ve hoarded more than I thought…” Laughing to him the man went about collecting certain pieces and sorting out the mess of pieces and parts to launchers now. Three days later the two men came together and began the assembly process that in of it took about four hours of tinkering to make everything work and attack each of the weapons to their respective lower leg. The only thing left was to test it out and see if everything was working as intended…

Would it? There was no other way to find out except to test the body for him now, placing his hands together the small child’s hands began to glow with a soft blue light of chakra as he channeled a bit of chakra into both the hands now. Then he extended the palm of the right hand out towards the body and slender threads of chakra formed at the tip of each finger that seemed to almost elegantly stretch across the meter or so distance of space and attach them effortlessly onto the puppet body. With a bit of finesse of his fingers the threads began to move gently from side to side as they interacted with the puppet body. In return the chest plate that protected the core of the man’s body when he was using this body began to unlock from the inside now before it twisted and separated in from the sides and top before a portion folded open revealing a hollow inside. The eyes on the small boy’s body closed and the hand not manipulating the chakra threads now reached down taking a gentle grasp on the bottom edge of the T-shirt he work and lifted it up to reveal what appeared to be a typical body.

However after the missing-nin channeled a bit of chakra into the chest of the small puppet body it started to become visible that it was actually created out of three pieces that folded over one another. Each of them slowly unfolded and a heart sized core created from dark purple metal shot out at high speed into the other body causing for the dark eyes in the puppet to close and for the natural looking body to suddenly become very ridge as the glow of chakra rapidly disappeared from the hand and the threads faded from sight. It was as though the ‘Ghost’ body froze in time as the much larger ‘Reaper’ body began to come to life with the chest protector quickly snapping tightly shut as the crimson eyes began to glow faintly underneath the large hood that had given him that name as the Black Devil or simply the ‘Hood’. “Ah…it feels nice to be back in this body after masquerading around in that tiny body.” This was the first body he’d used over transforming himself into a human puppet body and thus there was a lot of feelings wrapped up in this metal frame of a puppet. “Yes, this is the you I prefer. Not hiding around in the body of a child and sneaking around. Men like us like to make our presence known, you know?” The old man’s voice and slow words made the missing-nin shake the dark metal puppet’s head slightly back and forth but he couldn’t disagree.

If was this very reason alone that the old man had helped Ryu with designing and crafting the Infernal Titan puppet body as well as it was mean for jumping straight into the fray of battle and slaughtering anyone would got in front of it. While it was meant for mainly close to medium range fighting the Reaper was all about ranged combat with its multiple launchers with only a bit of time spent on some mid range and in attacks just in case someone managed to slip through the rain of metal. Each of the arms seemed to first shrug at the shoulder before they began to move about as the former Suna-nin readjusted himself to the body he hadn’t had on in a few weeks. Working with Iwagakure had really taken up a lot of his time lately but they were also paying quite handsomely…though the next mission for them would require for Hyoryu to deal with the trash that was left over in that pitiful country. After a few moments the man had regained complete control over the entire body as the chakra from the metallic core entered the furthest reaches of the body until it was flowing freely through its entirety. “Now then, let us get down to business here..”

With him finished readjusting himself and his chakra to control the larger body the man brought his glowing crimson eyes down onto the new weapon placed on the outside of each of the puppet’s lower legs. Chakra flowed from the leg into the mechanism that attached the new shotgun blasting launcher causing for it to swivel up and down slightly. Then the weapon launcher tilted itself straight up towards the ceiling of the dirty forge and then down towards the ground, finally taking it for a full rotation of three hundred and sixty degrees. “The gears aren’t too bad, but it can definitely be smoother than it is right now.” Ryu was commenting more so to himself, mainly because he could feel the slight jerking motion in the gears as he was intimately in tune with the puppet body. This was only a small issue and this first prototype as the man turned towards the stone wall to their right and activated the upper portion of the launcher causing the container lid snapped open and the launcher mechanisms within were activated now. A spray of about half the senbon flew out at high speed and rained into the wall…an okay first test but he could already understand some of the tweaks that would need to be made.

“Well, it works…kind of. Hehe…” The old man laughed a bit, but there was some proof of concept for sure, the small problems could be ironed out later. But what the missing-nin took the most from the test run was the maneuverability of the weapon on its pivot point which got him thinking about something else. All of his current weapons with the exception of the spear tail cable were more or less fixed into one placed and needed for the body or body part to move in order to increase the effectiveness of that weapon system or launcher. But what if he was able to create a launcher with the ability to pitch, roll, and rotate…this really had him thinking deeply as he turned back to the old man allowing the crimson eyes that were glowing faintly to lock onto the old man. The armor-like face smiled lightly as he extended his hand and a single chakra thread grew from the index finger, snaking past down to a small bag that was on the table and the same ragged looking sketch book that belonged specifically to this puppet body. It quickly returned to the long black fingers of the man’s hand now as he flipped through a number of paged filled to the edges with the different notes and designs. About the middle of the book he stopped and flipped the book around handed it to his comrade for a look. “Do you think you could build two of these for me? I’ll pay the usual price for each, of course.” The older man rubbed his rough beard and even took the book into his cracked leather like hand now looking it over carefully before looking back up towards Ryu. “If you have the money, I can build anything. What are you thinking?”

He’d managed to intrigue the man a bit with just why he’d want another launcher like this which was a bit similar to the current kunai launchers on the left and right arms. “I’m going to work on developing this movement mechanism that I created for the senbon shotgun blaster and take it up one step higher.“ It caused the gray eyed man to widen his eyes a bit in interest, even developing a slight grin on the wrinkled and aged face that had been constantly exposed to the rough life of a blacksmith. “Really now, well if it’s actually something new and unique, I’ll get to forging the larger pieces of these two launchers.” “Thanks old man.” Ryu was genuinely thankful for the help of the old man before him, normally he’d have to talk him into doing something like this, even being on the man’s good side wasn’t of much use when he didn’t want to something. Old people like him really were already set in their ways and if the Boss didn’t ask for something personally even the other two elders might not be able to persuade him to do something that he didn’t want to.

Ryu chose to remain in his Reaper body for the time being, bringing out a scroll and sealing away the Ghost body in the storage seal for the time being before reaching down and disconnecting the senbon blaster mechanism from the left leg and setting it down on the nearby table. First he needed to fix the springs and other mechanics within the weapon that failed this time, needing to upgrade them to a stronger material which would cost a bit more on his end. Not long after that he’d made adjustments to the weapon system and tested it out with better results, even though more tweaking was needed but it would do for the moment. Finally he was able to direct his full attention onto the mobility mechanism. Within his own mind was a three dimensional model of the gears that were used to move the weapon up and down. Only this time he needed to design a mechanism that would not only allow for the weapon to move up and down but also have left to right movement…a turret.

It was earlier in the morning a few days later that one would find Ryu had transitioned his core back into the smaller Ghost body now and was standing on a chair in order to reach the shoulder level of the much taller Reaper puppet. The cloak that normally concealed the body of the puppet had been removed to reveal the black skinned, six armed creation in all of its glory only now their appeared to be additions on the top of each shoulder now that hadn’t been there the night before. They appeared to be some sort of mounting unit, affixed tightly to the curvature of the shoulder armor as the man was also busy inscribing the ‘Puppet Storage’ fuuin of his onto the top of the shoulder as well which would allow for him to store the new weapon systems within when not needed. These mounts had numerous concealed gears and mechanisms within the housing he was tightening up at the moment with a pair of small tools that resembled something like a screwdriver. Except in the fact that it was much thinner and appeared to be used for very precise corrections to the inner workings of the units what were capable of moving a launcher up, down, left, and right in one fluid motion. This would allow for the hunter to track a target with the cannons that he had planned to put on them even it in a situation where he was unable to move his body to compensate for the movement of a target.

A few quiet clicking sounds could be heard as the child like figure stepped up onto his tip toes now allowing for him to reach just a bit further than before as he continued to make minor tweaks to the gears and their positions and ratios while using the other free hand now to gentle move the turret mount. The door to the work shop creaked open at this moment causing for the small figure to turn his dark eyes towards the outline of an old man holding two separate launcher cannons with a bag also thrown over his shoulder. This was the same old blacksmith whom had been helping out the missing-nin with this little upgrade project and it seemed that he’d already completed his end of the deal, Ryu couldn’t help but eye to two finely crafted projectile launchers, each designed to achieve a high rate of fire when needed and now he just needed to retrofit them onto the mounting brackets he’d molded for them. It took a little tinkering but after about an hour of work between the two men, they were able to successfully mount both of the weapons completely in place.
Finally, the new weapon system was completed and once more the man would transfer his core into the much larger Reaper puppet now as its crimson eyes began to glow dimly signifying that the missing-nin’s chakra core was properly in placed. After a few moments the arms of the body began to move and the finger tips slowly curled in and out as the chakra had spread out through every centimeter of the puppet’s body. This even included the new shoulder cannon mechanisms that had been added to the large puppet body, concentrating solely upon the one mounted upon the left shoulder the cannon carefully rotated to the right and then back to the left until the tip of the cannon’s barrels nearly touched the puppets smooth head. Now the man turned his attention over onto the other as he conducted the same simple movements to ensure that the base gears concealed with the turret housing were functioning properly.

Next he moved onto up and down movements of both cannons, so far so good, as they both functioned well also…it would seem that the lessons learned from the senbon blasters on either leg and employed them in these turrets. Their motion was very fluid but despite how well each seemed to move the detail oriented puppet craftsman could feel a few sluggish spots in the gears that he’d have to strip down and ensure their weren’t any burrs on the metal later. Now the puppet body had all of this fire power for short to long range equipped to it now, but the man had been pondering something while crafting the special turret mounts that would allow for them to traverse three hundred and sixty degrees but even his great vision was limited to just what could be seen in front of him. A short while later the man had transferred himself back into the Ghost puppet body and was standing on a ladder with the old man on another right beside him. Both shoulder cannon’s had been taken down and the tiny fingers of the puppet body were at work doing some small tweaks on the gear ratios within the turret housings. While that was going on the old man was a few steps high on his latter that was positioned directly behind the tall puppet as he looked at a series of circular markings that had been drawn on the dark metal surface of the helm looking head.

The old blacksmith raised his right hand, extending the index finger alone towards the first marking and at the very tip of the finger a bright speck of flame appeared, very concentrated and controlled by the man’s chakra control as it began to slowly cut through the metal material. This old man had also formerly been a shinobi but never once had he ever spoke to Ryu about where he hailed from before becoming a member of the Syndicate, but his katon techniques were far above the missing-nin’s level of ninjutsu to say the least. Carefully the man cut out each of the new holes in the head of the puppet only taking around ten minutes to do the entire series of them before shaking his hand lightly as though it was cramping, it would seem that he didn’t use a lot of ninjutsu anymore despite the high level of control he’d just displayed. “What are you planning with all of these holes, kid?” He couldn’t help but wonder himself what the kid was trying to…perhaps the kid had some holes in his own head. One just never could tel what the youngsters these day were thinking.

“Haha, I’m just trying to solve a flaw in the puppet’s design.” The former Suna-nin laughed a little as he started to vaguely explain as he took a step up and now held a few more specialized looking tools in either hand as he brought out a uniquely designed crimson eye that looked like the two on the puppet’s face. “I’m going to attempt to increase the puppet’s vision to three hundred and sixty degrees…” His working partner at the moment only shook his head, as though doing something was such a simple manner…but even he had to admit that he wasn’t completely sure about how such a thing would work for a puppet body user like the young one before him…

5168/5000 (5 Mechanisms)
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger

Saisuko Zao - Suna Bannin - Spirit Weapon Saint

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - S Rank Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Aburame Hisato S-rank Mn / Inactive

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

Return to “Other Countries”