[Graded][Closed] Welcomed into the Folds

TyDie

[Graded][Closed] Welcomed into the Folds

Post by TyDie » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:04 pm

In the dead of the night, as the moon hung high in the sky, a small stack of smoke could be seen rising above the trees in a small forest within Star Country. This was far from the festivities of course, as a man of Asura's kind was hardly welcome among the common folk. No, instead he had done his part to help a small community of farmers, fending off some bandits to protect their crops. Now, convinced of his power and the gifts he could grant, five men of the community joined with him in secret to receive his gift and join him as a follow of his God, the God of All Flesh. "Ahh, you've no idea how my heart soars, knowing that you five wish to join me in preparation for the coming day of my lord! Oh, this shall be a night to commemorate for ages to come! Please, Ichiban, step forward... You shall be the first."

Of the five men bowing before him in reverence, a tall, dark haired men with significant muscle definition rose, his head still bent to the ground at Asura's feet. "Asura-san... I want nothing more than to serve. You have shown us that through your god, we will never have to fear. Please Asura, welcome us!" A wide grin crossed under Asura's golden mask, and he clapped his gloved hands together in front of him in applause of the man. "Wonderful, Truly an inspiring sight to behold Ichiban! You will bear host to my flesh, and through it I will bring you closer to the God of All Flesh. Please... Take my hand..." While his two hands remained clapped together, a third hand extended out from under his tattered red robes, a hand that was unrobed and ungloved, revealing a mouth with gnarled teeth and a flopping tongue. Asura would allow Ichiban to step close to him as he moved his hand towards Ichiban, grasping Ichiban's hand within his own mutant and deformed hand.

Immediately Ichiban's hand would break out in an itchy rash, but he fought the urge to scratch. "The rest of you, bear your flesh to me that I might show you the way!" He held his two arms to the sky in reverence, beckoning the moon itself forth to him while his third deformed arm sat outstretched, waiting for the others to partake of his gift. One by one the other four rose from their bow, approaching The Flesh That Hates and grasping his hand within there own to receive his power. Their hands itched like mad, but they instead returned to the other side of the fire and bowed before Asura again. "We've done it Asura-san... Now what? Will it hurt?"

Asura grinned under his mask, lifting it slightly that they might glimpse his actual mouth beneath the mask. "Pain is temporary, Ichiban. When this is over, you will never know pain again..." His third arm returned within the folds of his robe as the unnaturally tall and gaunt figure loomed over the five prospective recruits to his wondrous cult. But then he sensed a presence that was previously unknown to him, one that he had not invited to this most holy ritual. That was okay though, there was always room for more... "You've no need to hide from me, whoever you are. I bring nothing but joy. Please, introduce yourself."
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

[Closed] Welcomed into the Folds

Post by Willoria » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:00 am

'Gross.' Suzume had to bite her lip quite literally to keep from saying it out loud as she watched what was happening. She had been on her way back from her time with Yozei when she had come upon the small community. It was a strange sight really, some might have had a more physical reaction to the actions in front of her but given who her father was, Suzume was hardly surprised by much anymore. She raised an eyebrow as he called out, and she could only assume he meant her. She pushed off the wall she had been leaning against and stepped out of the shadows of it, her hat ringing with the tiny bells on it as she stepped forward and eyed him from beneath it. "If it weren't for the ritual I might have mistook you for 'The Thing that Should Not Be'." she remarked as she stepped closer, looking at each of the people in turn, people she was certain were sacrifices. "That and the fact that they are alive..." she muttered, turning her gaze to the thing that was before her now. "That and the fact that I've actually met him."

She wrinkled up her nose a moment, mildly unimpressed with the sheep that surrounded her. Her eyes she kept on the so-called wolf before her that would devour these idiots, and she tilted her head to the side a bit. "So who are you then?"
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:44 am

Asura tilted his head in mild interest as the young woman walked forward, the jingle of her bells breaking the otherwise silent night. Even the crackling of the fire in front of him seemed to die down as she made her approach, as if making way for the woman's own sounds and speech. "The Thing that Should Not Be... Not sure I know that name. Forgive me child, It's been a very long time since I walked among the people. I'll take your word that whoever it was, they were a thing of magnificence if I am to be likened to it. I am Asura." He bent down low, which wasn't all that low given his immense height. Even when bending at a 90 degree angle he was as tall as she was, and his thin, unnaturally long arm crossed over his chest while the other arm extended outwards in a sort of theatrical bow. "It is my privilege to make your acquaintance, Miss..." He let his sentence trail off, expecting the woman to fill in his blank, as was courteous of a first meeting.

"I would love to speak with you more, but I must finish with this induction ceremony first if you do not mind. Please, feel free to stay and watch... Afterwards, I would be more than happy to accept you into the folds of my god, if you so desire." She couldn't see it underneath the mask, but he was quite giddy, with a large smile covering his face from ear to ear. Turning back to his prospects, he held his arms out to them as if expecting a hug, letting them know that soon he would allow his god to embrace them. "Are you prepared, my children, to accept K'thnguh's love and join with him?" The men reluctantly nodded in agreement, ready to become one with Asura's god.

With a grin, Asura's gloved hands came up in front of him and formed a few hand seals, allowing his red chakra to flow out of him and into the bodies of those blessed by his flesh. The chakra would immediately enter their bodies, and before they knew it fleshy, malignant masses of mutated flesh would begin to form along their faces. Fear immediately gripped them, to which Asura tried to calm. "No my children, do not let fear grip you! The pain will only last a moment, I promise you that you will soon come to love the embrace of K'thnguh! Praise his name with your last breath, children! PRAISE HIM!" The men, of course, did not praise K'thnguh, choosing instead to scream their last before the tumorous masses covered their faces completely. They began to run around in fear as their breathing was stopped and they were struck deaf and blind by the flesh surrounding their skulls. One of them fell into the fire and began thrashing violently, the burning sensation being the only thing his mind could focus on.

The others stumbled over themselves, clawing viciously at the flesh surrounding their faces in vain. Eventually, they all stopped thrashing, as suffocation took them to permanent slumber. When the display was all said and done, Asura hung his head in sorrow and shook it back and forth in disappointment. "Poor fools... They could not set aside their fears in the end. I am so sorry, Great K'thnguh. I will find you worthy disciples." He dropped to his knees and bowed his head, clasping his hands together in front of him as he prayed to his lord in his mind, a great prayer to the God of All Flesh. When it was all said and done, he twisted his head to face the woman who had interrupted. "I've changed my mind... No more inductions tonight. I don't have the heart to face more failure."
Active Characters
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:11 pm

Suzume couldn't help a slight smile of pride as Asura complimented her father despite not knowing him, smirking even as he hinted at getting her name. "Suzume." she told him simply as he asked after her name, and the girl turned her steps to walk around the man, taking up a position slightly behind him as she watched what was transpiring. She had a stifle a snort of laughter as he mentioned inducting her into his god, of course she had no intention of doing any such thing but she her curiosity was piqued as she watched what was happening before her.

She watched the flesh that began to consume them with feigned interest, only quirking an eyebrow as she watched. She could practically feel their fear even as Asura tried to calm them to no avail. She did fail to stifle a chuckle as one went so far as to fall into the fire and thrash wildly. She could feel his fear especially, and the woman took a step forward, drawing her sword briefly in a flash of steel. "Even a fool doesn't deserve to burn alive." she muttered as the blood hissed in the fire and her blade was tucked away a moment later.

She turned her eyes to Asura and watched him drop to his knees, praying to his god and she couldn't help a tilt of her head. She thought him a manipulator, could he be a true believer instead? She remembered words her father once spoke, and it gave her an idea. She stepped away from the sizzling corpse and walked over to asura, standing in front of him. "I need no instruction." she told him in a quiet tone. "Perhaps it is not failure, but a denial..." she added, reaching up a hand to touch the brim of her hat. "The Thing That Should Not Be was a god, a god who mastered time and space itself, vanishing into another time and place. I bore witness to that moment, for I am his daughter." she explained to him, looking at him a moment before she removed her hat entirely and her yellow eyes fixed upon Asura. She gathered her chakra, not for a technique but for the effect as black chakra pooled around her. "I am Hiraku Suzume... also known as 'The Oni's Daughter'."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:34 pm

Asura's head tilted to the side in curiosity as the girl made the insinuation that she, a human, was the child of a god. How he longed to show her the truth, to bestow upon her the gift of his god's power... But no, not tonight. Still, he was not angry with her. "Oh I don't doubt your claims to divinity, sweet child. I have come to terms with the realization that there are numerous gods long ago. But like you, I have proof of my god's existence, for I too was born from it's flesh... In a way. I was human too once... But I was reborn in K'thnguh's image, from his glory. So, Daughter of the Oni... If we are to exchange titles and monikers, you may also refer to me as "The Flesh That Hates", for that is the name bestowed upon me by the Great Lord of All Flesh, K'thnguh."

Asura rose from his knees as he spoke, towering once more over the young woman as he spoke of his great god. The reverence in his voice displayed the power and truth of his belief, that he was sent forth by his god to bring the masses into the folds of his loving embrace. It was his duty to be the go between for his god, to show others the enlightenment of K'thnguh. "Enough of my failures though, the night is still young. I should be on my way... Unless." He had turned to leave the young woman, but paused as his own curiosity was peaked. "Would the daughter of a god care to join the son of another god on a midnight stroll?"
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:48 pm

Whenever Kenji made his claims of godhood, the responses were almost always reverence or anger. Suzume wasn't sure she ever saw a reaction in between. Yet Asura's response was somewhere between doubt and acceptance. It honestly confused her a bit, but it was a reaction she hid away. She let the gathering of chakra whisk itself away and she watched as the man stood, towering over her. "I have nothing else to do." she said with a bit of a chuckle, placing her hat over her head once more and sighing.

"If anything I could probably use the walk... and the company." admitted, chuckling to herself as she glanced at the man beside her. "Just do me a favor and don't try that mutation with me... I'm not ready for a transformation yet." It reminded her of her father's change. Though she only met him afterwards, she read about it in her mother's journal and it had sounded like quite the ordeal. "My father went through a transformation once. So did my mother. Made both nigh immortal... took away what was left of their humanity apparently. Sometimes I wonder if that is the legacy I should be following..."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:37 pm

Asura seemed to perk up as the young woman decided to walk along with him. "Ooh, that pleases me greatly. Come, we'll enjoy the night together." The two started along the road outside of the small village, leaving the death behind them as they strode down a moonlit forest trail. He chuckled deeply as she mentioned him not mutating her, holding up a gloved hand and waggling a finger at her. "Oh no, not tonight child. As I said, I'll not be inducting any others tonight... 'Tis not the night for it, it seems. And I don't typically do so against one's will either, unless of course you aim to threaten me. I'll be happy to mutate you beyond recognition if you wish to quarrel."

His voice, despite the obvious darkness to his words, was light and chipper... such a strange oxymoron, Asura was. His abilities and his qualities were twisted, unnatural, and downright terrifying, and yet his words carried such a kind and happy weight to them. The man didn't seem like such a bad guy on the surface... but what kind of good person could bring themselves to do what he did to those men back at the fire? The mixture of signals would no doubt be of disconcert to Suzume... The talk of transformations in regards to the child's parents piqued Asura's interest, and he couldn't help but to sate his curiosity this time.

"Pray tell, what kind of transformations? And on that note, what sort of transformation do you think should be your legacy, if any at all? You don't have to take that route, but it seems that your parents thought it best for them. Does this particular apple fall far from it's tree?""
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:20 pm

Suzume didn't comment on the man's duality, though she certainly found it intriguing. "My father performed something he later told me was called 'Earth Grudge Fear', or EGF for short." she began to explain. "His organs were all replaced by these black tendrils, his skin looked like it was sewn together, honestly it was a thing terrifying to behold for the average person. I didn't meet him until after this happened so it was just always him to me... never bothered me all that much." she admitted, sighing. "My mother was from a village clan, some place called Iwagakure. Because of it she was able to manipulate lava with her chakra, and apparently shortly after I was born she nearly died. My father, to save her, changed her body as well. It became this thing of lava. I guess it looked completely normal, but she was dead by time I met my father so I never really saw it. He did show me what was her core, the replacement for her heart. It was pretty, like hardened lava that still glowed orange, with a black obsidian cage all around it." As she spoke she realized she actually missed possessing the core, it had been a source of warmth and comfort at one point in time, but she also knew it was where it needed to be. With her father's heart, in a realm no one would be able to access again.

"I really don't know what I should do, but my chakra is black like my father's was after his EGF, I can't help but wonder if that's a sign of something." The girl sighed and shrugged as they walked along and she turned to look at Asura. "What about you though? Was this a choice or something brought upon you?" It was an irony she suddenly realized, that she asked such a question. Her father had chosen his. Her mother's had been forced upon her.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:13 pm

To say that Asura was intrigured was an accurate assessment, as he listened to the young girl describe her father's enhancement. While he shunned most of his human flesh, at the least, he still had skin. He could appreciate such a transformation, as K'thnguh would still accept one such as him at the end of days. However, the mother's form was one similar to those he had heard of before, those who tossed aside the gift they were born with in lieu of being one with the element of their choice; an Elemental Body. "Bah, a body made of lava. Why anyone would want to rid themselves of the blessing of their flesh is beyond me... K'thnguh will never accept such people into his embrace. A shame, truly. Your father however... I can appreciate what he did, based on your description. He had something at least, his own flesh was still present. If anything, I would choose that... But then of course, I suppose I'm biased, aren't I?"

The man chuckled to himself, shaking his head side to side as they continued to stroll down the moonlit path. "It is what it is, and I am what I am child. That's all there is to say. However, if it helps, I have no regrets. This form of mine, it gives me purpose. Strength. Determination. I wouldn't trade it for anything, I'd never choose to go back to what I was. No, that man is dead, and only I remain." Asura spoke with a sort of wisdom gained only though intense communion with his god, and a burning faith that was unfaltering, even when challenged by trial after trial. He truly wanted this, and felt others would too if given the chance to know the glory of his god. "You walk your own path child, and you make your own choices. But choosing to follow footsteps isn't always such a bad thing. Often times, seeing what others do will answer any uncertain questions you may have... They're the guinea pigs, and you get to see the outcome without submitting yourself. Think back to what your father was... Is that what you want to be? If so, do it. The only one stopping you is you."
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:15 am

Suzume couldn't help a snort of laughter as Asura made clear how he felt about elemental bodies, and the girl shook her head almost vehemently. "Oh the irony... my mother didn't choose that body for herself." she told him, looking over at the man a moment. "As I mentioned, I have her journals. She was a hunter from her village, and my father's, sent to take him down. During the fight he apparently injured her in ways she would never recover from. He was the one who chose the ritual that would change her body, in an effort to save her life." Suzume shook her head again, chuckling as she remembered how erratic that portion of her journal had been. The only other time it'd been that bad was towards the end of her life, which Suzume knew from her father was a time in which her mother had actually lost her mind. "My parents' relationship seems to have always been quite complicated." she added, still chuckling as she thought over it all.

"I'm not sure I want a body like my father had though." Suzume continued, finally returning to the actual topic at hand. "He no longer slept, his body no longer required it. In addition, he did not taste, nor need food. He no longer enjoyed anything of the physical." There was a light blush to Suzume's cheeks for a moment as her mind wandered to sex, realizing her father didn't enjoy that anymore either. It was an awkward subject to come up even in her mind when the subject was her father, but moreso awkward because the girl had only just had her first experience days before.

"Who knows? It may be more prudent for me to keep my body as it is for the time being at least."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:33 pm

Asura hummed in thought as the young woman explained the complex relationship between her parents, chuckling to himself as the shear confusion overcame him. "Ha, yeah i'll say. Love can make people do some very strange things, that's for sure. Not that I would know of course, my heart belongs only to my lord." He chuckled and rubbed the back of his head, realizing that throughout his life he had never even considered romance. He wondered what it was like, to love someone else as much as one loved themself, or in his case as much as he loved his god. Such an interesting concept... love...

"In any case, I can sense that you bear within you a wisdom far beyond your age. Whoever it was that taught you these things, they clearly taught you well. Although I can't help but wonder if perhaps you're simply afraid of change..." The man paused to gauge her reaction to being called out for her fears, if it truly was what she feared that was. "I mean sure, i'm in the same boat as your father. I don't need to eat, or sleep, or do anything a normal human like yourself would require. But that has left my schedule open to so much more. But you're right about one thing; you're young. And you have plenty of time to make such a life altering decision... probably. You might get killed tomorrow. Who knows... that's part of the fun of life, don't you agree?"

The man spoke of death with such a nonchalant attitude, as if he were discussing dinner plans or perhaps what he did at work that day. It was clear that the concept of death was so familiar to him that it couldn't even be called painful anymore... it was simply another inevitability.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:00 pm

Suzume fell quiet as the man spoke, frowning from the point he started talking about the love between her parents and that frown never really disappeared. She sighed and shook her head as she thought it over. "Sometimes I think their love damned them." she said quietly. "My mother was a hunter, just starting to gain a reputation her village. But she let him change her. She was wracked with guilt about it all her life, and she finally even worked with another hunter to get rid of him once." Suzume took a deep breath and sighed, letting it out slow. "But that guilt killed her sanity. When my father inevitably came back, she had gone mad. He killed her out of mercy."

Suzume fell quiet for several minutes, shaking her head. "Sometimes I think love will damn me too." she admitted, looking down at her hand and turning the green wooden bead bracelet on her wrist, over and over again as part of a nervous habit. "Every time I start to reread her journal I see it. But by time I finish all I can think of is that she loved... but I think I need to focus on the beginning. She had so much potential... and love made her lose it." She frowned as her thoughts inevitably turned to Yozei, remembering her night with him, and their whispered promises.

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:27 pm

Asura listened carefully as Sakaki continued to elaborate on the love between her parents, a love that clearly was both their greatest strength and most horrible weakness. The mother ended up dying all because of this love she held for a man she was clearly star crossed with. "Ah yes... Star Crossed Lovers. The cosmos demands they be together, but our divisions simply won't allow for it. Truly a tragedy... Perhaps in the future, when we are all one within K'thnguh, a love like theres can blossom. Ah, the day will come..." He waved his hand as if swatting away the thought for now, chuckling as he did so.

But he held up his gloved, bony finger as if to say 'a ha' as Suzume mentioned her own fear of losing herself to love. "Ahhhh... but perhaps you already are, hm? You see yourself in those pages, not your mother... Is that it? Ooohhh you can fool yourself, but not ol' uncle Asura!" He laughed to himself almost maniacally, giddy with his supposed findings, despite not being true fact. It mattered not, if it were fact, he would see it in her reaction to his inferences.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:36 am

Suzume couldn't help a sigh, shaking her head as Asura hinted at her being in the same position of her mother. But her shaking her head wasn't a denial, it was a resignation. "Last time I saw him I intended to make clear that we're from different worlds. But then we... it was stupid of me." she tried to avoid saying outright that her and Yozei had slept together for the first time. "It just made things worse I think. He started asking what I would do if I got pregnant which... sure I already had a plan in my head. It's a reality of living out here, of living like this. But it weirdly gave him hope. He asked permission to call me his girlfriend." she sighed heavily and shook her head.

"He's a village shinobi... it can't end well. And yet every time I try to tell him what its like out here... its like this little fantasy in his head just can't be beaten." She shook her head, looking down at the bracelet on her wrist. "Where he grew up, how he grew up... sex is important. It can happen safely, in love... but out here. Out here its a tool, or its a moment of pleasure and nothing more. His head stuck in a fantasy that can't survive..."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:07 pm

Asura chuckled some more as the woman before him revealed the truth that he had already come to realize, that history was indeed repeating itself and that child followed the footsteps of mother. "Heh, and there it is, a story as old as time itself. History has a funny way of repeating itself, doesn't it? Sometimes it seems out of our control even, that it's fated to be, that every aspect of our lives is merely part of a series of premeditated choices decided for us before our conception." As he spoke, he waved his hands through the air in front of him, as if he was pulling at the strings of time and fate itself. It was as if, looking out into the aether, he could see all things.

Finally his head turned to look at Suzume, and for a moment it felt like his masked visage was peering into her very soul. "But remember what I said, your parents were the guinea pigs. They made their choice, and you have the benefit of seeing the results of that choice. The question then becomes this 'how far does the apple fall from it's tree'? Will you follow their footsteps into this fault, perhaps believing that you have the capabilities of avoiding their mistakes? Or will you forge your own path, seeing the horrible consequences of your parent's tainted love?" Asura stroked his chin in thought, or at least the chin of the mask that covered his face. Truth be told, he had no idea what the answer to that question would be... He found that, while he could predict what someone had done on the past, figuring out what they would do in the future was far more elusive.
Active Characters

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:05 pm

Asura's chuckles and laughs and antics were starting to annoy Suzume, but for the moment she said nothing about it. All she felt she could really do was wonder if this was how her father felt about Nehan. She hadn't seen the woman in a few years, but from what she recalled she was quite a character herself. Despite Asura's antics, she couldn't help feeling he was right. She could either try to find a way to learn from her parents and keep the worst from happening, or take the lesson that what was going on between her and Yozei was damned from the start. Taking a deep breath she shook her head, refusing to let herself dwell on it in a way that might make her tear up in front of the man. "He's been my first real experience in so many things... maybe I should just be grateful for that much." she wondered aloud, sighing yet again.

"No matter what lesson I take from my parents' love, there is a simple fact I cannot change. If this is to become anything at all either he would need to leave his village, or I would need to become part of his village." she frowned visibly, wrinkling up her nose at both thoughts. "He's the son of a kage, he can't just leave the village and not be pursued all his life." she added, addressing the first possibility. "And I can't stomach the way the villages wield their secret knowledges, making themselves practically warlords or play as if we should see them as merciful benefactors when in reality they're creating powerful men and women who just dominate our lives and kill our people...." She couldn't help a chuckle at her mini rant and glanced at Asura. "So clearly that isn't an option."

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:19 pm

Asura merely nodded in agreement as Suzume explained her current situation regarding her lover, and all that would need to change if they were to ever have a chance to truly come together. Though of course, as the girl gave her own opinion on the villages, he burst into another fit of laughter. "Hahahaha... I don't think I've ever heard it stated such a way. So wait, that must mean that you aren't from a village originally, right? Your parents were shinobi, but you were born out here in the harsh wilds... How interesting. You've never known the safety of the ninja villages, but you've realized quite quickly that they harbor strength for themselves and deny it to those that might benefit from it's use. Truly, you are wiser than your age would lead one to believe."

He gave a small bow of respect to the young girl as they reached what appeared to be a crossroads. "Ah, I believe this is where we should part m'lady. Down that road is another village, I'm sure they'll put you up for a night if you ask. I'm sure we'll see each other again, Suzume... But before I go." He had already turned and started to walk down the opposite path, but he paused long enough to deliver one final word of advice. "Sometimes in life we find that the things we want are simply... out of our reach. To spend all of your time pining for what you wish you could have will only blind you to the boons that are still available to you. You have a gift in that skull of your's Suzume... Don't let it go to waste."

Asura turned one last time and gave a deep bow of respect to the young shinobi, crossing one arm over his chest while extending the other out to his side. "A good and safe night to you child. For me, the night is still young... See you around." If the girl had no more to say, Asura would turn and head down the lonely path, leaving her at the fork alone.
Active Characters

Return to “Other Countries”