[closed] Hunter's Turn

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

[closed] Hunter's Turn

Post by Willoria » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:59 am

Targeted for Fame
Honestly Suzume hadn't slept nearly as much as she should have. She probably spent half her night looking through her mother's journal over and over again, even going into the building next door to where she'd hidden her father's scrolls to check them. Sometime after the sun rose, she got up and started making coffee, a robe pulled around her and tied off. The robe reached to nearly her knees, everything easily covered, though Suzume definitely looked tired still. She'd start working on breakfast for her and Kosuke, waiting for him to wake up. By time he did her little table would likely have a couple options to eat, coffee, as she had stepped away to her room again to get dressed.

Eventually she'd come back in her usual garb, minus hat and weapons for the moment, taking a seat at the table with a groan. "Been trying to research this guy in everything I have of my father's and my mother's. Not much on him except his grudge. Any chance you found anything on the bodies last night that might help us?"
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[closed] Hunter's Turn

Post by Niro » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:16 pm

Kosuke had slept like a log with a combination of the tea and alcohol. It had carried him off to dreamland quite easily and he had awoke bleary eyed on the couch to the noise of someone preparing something. His eyes locked onto the form of Suzume in a robe preparing breakfast along with other morning necessities before they closed once more and he found himself waking up again a bit later.

He sat up and rubbed his eyes with his knuckles before shifting the heel of his palms to the task. The food placed in front of him looked delicious but he was searching for something more important than food at the moment. Finally his eyes locked onto the coffee on the table and poured himself a generous helping of the black liquid. The teen wasted little time in drinking it, not wasting even a moment to add sugar or cream or anything to the drink. His eyes closed in contentment before he released a sigh and focused his eyes on Suzume.

"Nope. Nothing." Kosuke's voice was several octaves lower than it had been last night, a side effect of just waking up. "Most of the bodies were pretty bare. More than likely better off checking any clinics around the region to see if he booked himself in for medical care after we clipped him. Wouldn't surprise me if he's also laying low for the moment."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Willoria

[closed] Hunter's Turn

Post by Willoria » Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:26 pm

Suzume grumbled under her breath at Kosuke's reply, reaching out to pour herself a cup of coffee as well. She dropped at least six sugar cubes into it before sipping on it herself, wrinkling up her nose in frustration. "Laying low is easy to do here at the ports... wonder if he'd be dumb enough to try his luck in the country." she muttered, frowning. Given how busy the port was, and how frequently people came and went, it was easy to lay low. It was exactly why she had done the same here for so long and why she had the Chishiki base next door. Frowning she grabbed a piece of bacon from the tray and nibbled on it a moment before looking at Kosuke.

"Didn't you say last night your mother ran a brothel or something?" she asked, thinking he said something of the kind. "A brothel wouldn't be a bad place to lay low, right? Any decent madam is going to have decent skills for medical either on hand or be good at it herself... there's only two or three of them here since they always push others out of business. Could be a place to start..." she mused, yawning long enough that her eyes closed briefly as if she'd fallen asleep. Of course they snapped open and she blinked several times. "What was I saying?"
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[closed] Hunter's Turn

Post by Niro » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:34 pm

"Holy shit woman, would you like some coffee with your sugar?" Kosuke muttered in amazement at the amount of sugar she put into her coffee. He preferred his black after taking a liking to it when a bet was put forth by one of the hunters during a particularly fun birthday. His mother had not been happy to find her customers giving a child coffee. Kosuke had been similar to a battery afterwards; full of energy. The wanderer sipped on his own as she went on, most of what she said not sticking in his just waking up mind.

"Depends on the brothel. Your shitty low-class ones may help if he shows a willingness to pay while a classy establishment would laugh and close the door in his face." He replied and then blinked at her airheadedness. Oh well, it was something he could tease her with. An innocent look crossed his face as he spoke his next words.

"You were saying how cold you were last night and how much you regretted not saying yes."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Willoria

[closed] Hunter's Turn

Post by Willoria » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:26 pm

Suzume frowned at Kosuke, sticking her tongue out at him as he tried to play the innocent. "Smartass." sh emuttered, shaking her head as she took another long sip of her coffee. "Please, barely a week since I lost my virginity and suddenly the pervs come running." she added under her breath, rolling her eyes grumpily. It was fairly obvious the woman wasn't a morning person.

"Brothes. Right... sounds like just the kind of place Kintaro would go to, the seedy sort...." she blinked a moment. "No pun intended." she added, shaking her head. "What would you recommend? Brothel or something else to try and find a lead?"

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[closed] Hunter's Turn

Post by Niro » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:41 pm

Kosuke snorted loudly before bursting out in laughter. It all made sense now! She had just had her cherry popped like a poor child's balloon. He put his coffee down to avoid spilling it as his giggles continued with her comments.

"Th-that's why! You give off that 'no longer a virgin' smell. Until it's gone, all that's going to pop up is pervs." Kosuke finally got his laughter under control. Each time he looked her in the eyes, however, a small grin would develop on his face. It wasn't every week he got to annoy a girl that wasn't Aya. "Besides, the perviness is genetic. According to my mother, father was a very promiscuous person before she staked him down."

"We can try a brothel but they won't rat him out if he paid a pretty enough some. We'll be stuck up shit creek without a paddle if he gets the drop on us. Especially with you still being wounded."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Willoria

[closed] Hunter's Turn

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:32 am

For a brief moment Suzume had to resist the urge to throw her coffee in Kosuke's face. Pursing her lips she just stared at him a moment and opted for rolling her eyes instead. "And according to my father, my mother jumped whoever she could for information or just for fun, but you don't see me doing that do you?" she replied, shaking her head before sighing and standing. Trying to stay awake meant pacing for the moment but Kosuke's statements didn't help her mood any.

"Well unless you know Iijutsu I'm just screwed on that one, I'll have to do this wounded." she replied, "What do you suggest we do instead then?" Her mind wandered even as she spoke, a combination of her own tired and of her remembering. When she'd first joined Kenji she was seriously hurt and the man had somehow just happened to find someone skilled in Iijutsu. She herself was standing in her dojo in the middle of Seledar Markets, a place known for people hiding and keeping secrets. 'What are the odds I could find someone with Iijutsu here..." she thought to herself, her curiosity piqued.

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[closed] Hunter's Turn

Post by Niro » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:04 pm

"Give it a few years or until someone flipped your switch and you'll be surprised. Hopefully I'm a part of that specific body count." Kosuke snickered as he teased the slightly older girl. She was obviously annoyed but he just couldn't keep his mouth shut. It was too much fun to tease her, another thing he inherited from his late father.

"Iijutsu? What the hell is that? I just know ninpou." Kosuke blinked in confusion. Not every teen had parents that were educated about chakra. His in particular involved a parent who wasn't around and a dead father, so he didn't know anything besides what he discovered he could do with Fuhen.

"Honestly?" Kosuke drained his cup of coffee. "Pick up and leave, rig the place to explode the next time he comes snooping. We don't know where he is, you're wounded, he can hire rounin as he wishes to keep you under pressure. Plus, he's stronger than us when healthy. Only reason we got a hit in was because he wasn't expecting me."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Willoria

[closed] Hunter's Turn

Post by Willoria » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:39 pm

Suzume of course narrowed her eyes at Kosuke's remark, pursing her lips as she silently thought about throwing something at him again. Honestly the idea thrilled her internally and was looking more and more like fun each time he teased her. But she was quickly distracted from her thoughts as he asked about Iijutsu. "It's a type of Ninpou I suppose." she remarked, sighing as she sat up a bit more with a slight grimace. "Specifically Iijutsu is Medical Ninjutsu. With enough knowledge of it, an Iijutsu user can heal someone from a dire wound in full. My father left behind his notes on it and several other things. I have notes on most elemental ninjutsu, though he never had much use for it, Iijutsu, Fuuinjutsu which is seals and such, and a fair amount on his Space Time though I hardly have a use for that one personally." She couldn't help feeling a bit proud of herself as she spoke, knowing her father would be rather proud to hear her speak of it.

But as Kosuke spoke of blowing up her new home, Suzume simply shook her head. "Not an option." she said rather flatly. "I need this building, it adjoins the next which is the base for my father's old organization that I'm working on taking over. I need to protect this place, with my life if necessary. Kintaro simply needs to die, and die bloody for what he's already done and risked."

Return to “Other Countries”