Contact Acquired

[Closed] Iz and Kat

Izanagi

Contact Acquired

Post by Izanagi » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:03 pm

From Tea country the pirate vessel known as the Black Wake had sailed south to Dragon Country. They had attracted some attention by Kirigakure vessels and shinobi a few months back and aimed to stay well clear of Water Country for the foreseeable future. The crew of the 50 foot long, three-mast vessel was relatively small, 46 individuals in total, hired sailors and fighters the lot of them though only the captain Kaisui and the right-hand man Ichiro had any shinobi training. Both were only 18 years old though the imposing size of the captain made him seem much older and more experienced. Ichiro, on the other hand, had filled out considerably since joining the crew though was still rather lithe, toned muscles but only standing at 5’7 and around 135lbs. The young man’s mid-length black hair had become rather shaggy and crusted with salt from the voyage.

Having docked a few nights prior to the Gullean markets the crew had drunk heartily and sought out any whorehouses should there be any in such a district. The next day they set to spreading out and restocking supplies as well as getting more acquainted with the area. A large portion of the crew had branched off to travel to the west of the country, seeking out the shadier Seledar market where they might procure some less legal goods and indulge themselves in greater pleasures. Mid-afternoon now on the third day in Dragon country Ichiro had set off on his own after hearing something of interest to him. Apparently, there was a dojo here that taught the basics of swordsmanship, though it was the mention of Yoshin in particular that caught his attention. The thought of Waterfall country was nostalgic and he still wore the symbol of his homeland tied to his arm, ever proud of the harsh yet beautiful lands he was born in. It had been nearly five years since he had ventured off on his own in search of the shinobi arts. One day he would return to his father and sister, but he was not yet ready. He was still far too weak.

Arriving at the dojo, Ichiro entered casually, he wore a tight blue jacket, hood down with a white sweat-stained shirt beneath it and tan pants that seemed a little stiff and wrinkled. He had bathed and washed his clothes since arriving in Dragon country though there seemed to always be the lingering crustiness and scent of salt clinging to him. He wore also a small backpack with various personal belongings, rations and some basic utility tools as well as extra medicinal herbs. At his left hip was seemingly a standard katana with a black sheath as well as a Tanto and strapped to each thigh were a handful of simple throwing knives, though not the kunai variation that shinobi used, the difference being the lack of a ring and a flatter handgrip with white wrappings as well as a straight blade rather than the wedge shape of a kunai. The young man would look around, though not venture too far. He had heard the owner of this dojo referred to as ‘The Oni’s Daughter’ could it be that she actually was the child of the legendary Hiraku Kenji? He had heard much about the terrifying rogue shinobi, though he wasn’t convinced that a daughter actually existed, rather it was likely someone simply clinging to his fame to elevate their own.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Contact Acquired

Post by Willoria » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:58 pm

The dojo was a pretty simply layout. Directly in front of the door was a set of stairs that went up to a door, to the left was the practice space. It wasn't decently sized enough for practicing katas alone but not really large enough for a group which was why Suzume had been doing the classes outside as of late. Under the stairs was a simple table and two chairs and further back a space for a small kitchenette. The kitchenette was where Suzume was, classes already done for the day. Her takegasa hat was on the small table under the stairs and the woman wore her usual garb complete with her back being fully exposed to the naked eye, showing off her rather large tattoo. Her black hair was in a single braid, an oddity for the woman, that ran down to the middle of her back. As she poured herself hot tea she found herself pulling at it, hating the way it made her head feel, at least until she heard the front door open.

Quickly she slid under the stairs, head turned as she watched to see who was entering. After the incident with Kintaro she had been on her guard and rarely left things to chance. She hated strangers who walked in without knocking, finding them not only rude but feeling as if only those with ill intent didn't knock. As Ichiro would inevitably step into view, Suzume moved, drawing her sword and quickly placing the blade just under the man's chin, her eyes fixed on him as she looked him over briefly, head to toe.

She had heard of the sudden influx of men to the area, seeking out illegal goods. It was nothing out of the ordinary of course but Suzume had still taken precautions, one of them being the lack of afternoon classes. She couldn't be certain Ichiro was from the same group of course, but caution reigned over the young Hiraku. "Who are you?"
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

Contact Acquired

Post by Izanagi » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:32 pm

As Ichiro entered the building, he was surprised to see it open into more of a home than a dedicated dojo. Had he gone to the wrong place, no, there had been a sign near the entrance after all. It seemed it was a small business ran out of home. If he had known that he certainly would have knocked or at least he would have liked to think he would. His former politeness and good upbringing had been shoved deep within himself now after living a much more harsh and desperate life, resorting to criminal antics and associating with low lives frequently. Some of their habits were sure to rub off on him, he had acquired a position of some authority on the crew after all and he needed to present himself in a certain way in order to keep the respect and obedience of the men under him. He had just noticed the training room to the left out of the corner of his eye and also saw a flash of movement of the woman moving behind the stairs when suddenly she sprang out from her cover and closed the distance. She certainly was fast. He didn’t even have time to properly react before her sword was at his throat.

Raising his hands slowly, open palmed he would keep his demeanor relaxed despite the tension of their current standoff. “Woah. Easy there. Apologies for bargin’ in, figured this was an open dojo, just looking for a little taste of home” he stated, indicating with his right thumb toward the symbol of waterfall country that he had right to his right bicep. It was apparent this was not the first time he had a sword drawn on him for he showed no sign of fear, though his body was primed and ready to act desperately if he needed to try to defend himself. His accent and mannerisms certainly had some aspects of a common sailor blended in, especially in the long confident gait in which he walked though there was a certain intelligence behind his icy blue eyes, a sharpness that was ever attentive of every detail that seemed to indicate a keen mind that was rare to find in the minor countries unless born into wealthier families or given some degree of education that set one apart from the masses. “My name is Takeda Ichiro” he stated simply, a common name, nothing of note aside from the fact that many commoners didn’t actually have last names, further solidifying that at the very least his parents were merchants or landowners of some repute.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Willoria

Contact Acquired

Post by Willoria » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:43 pm

Suzume kept her eyes on him as he raised his hands and pointed out the symbol of his home country. The young woman couldn't help a bit of a chuckle. "My father tormented residents of water country after a Yoshin conclave damn near killed him in his early days after leaving Iwa..." she remarked almost idly. 'He could be here to try and take some kind of revenge just like Kintaro had tried...' she thought to herself as she eyed him, and he introduced himself. The woman signed and took a step back before sheathing her sword with an audible snap. "The irony that I now teach it isn't lost on me." she remarked as she made a motion to the small table under the stairs, clearly inviting Ichiro to sit. 'Or he could just be here because I teach Yoshin... no telling...'

"Hiraku Suzume." She introduced herself as she returned to her teapot, soon pouring two cups and bringing them over to the small table. "Sorry about the welcome... but between past threats I've received and hearing about a ship crew out here with a less than savory reputation... well, it pays to be cautious." she remarked, looking him over once more. She felt like she could almost smell the sea air coming off of him, though she didn't voice it, instead waiting to see if he would say something about it himself.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

Contact Acquired

Post by Izanagi » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:24 pm

Ichiro’s eyes hardened as she mentioned the torment Kenji had brought to Waterfall country. He still wasn’t convinced she was actually related to him but it seemed she certainly wasn’t shy of the connection people had made. “Hiraku Kenji right.? I’ve heard the rumors” he admitted after she had sheathed her blade. He wouldn’t follow her immediately; he knew she would still be on guard as was he. Slipping off his shoes he would place them near the door, bowing with his hands at his sides in respect to the dojo before entering any further, though typically this gesture was reserved for entering the actual training area he felt it necessary to show his respect to the building, an old habit if nothing else. “My people have suffered much strife. Disease, criminal organizations, rogue shinobi, poisonous and carnivorous plant-life and deadly animals. We are resilient. If I held a grudge against every source of hardship I would never get any sleep at all” he explained, finally following her, “I quite like my sleep” he stated lightly, smiling slightly in a way that betrayed the boyish youth he barely clung on to.

He would sit when invited, keeping his chair tilted slightly and far enough away from the table that he could easily stand and maneuver if necessary. Some habits were hard to break, similarly, keeping on the side of the table closer to the door for a quick retreat while still angled enough that he could see anyone enter. He was already sure he wouldn’t be able to outrun her if the situation were to turn hostile, but his caution had kept him alive this long and he wouldn’t shirk it no matter how disadvantaged he was. There were people counting on him to survive and grow stronger, family and friends that he longed to see again. He would accept the cup graciously, holding it with both hands as a sign of trust, being sure to keep his hands in plain sight. Sipping a very small amount he would continue to hold the cup while they talked. “It’s good. Thank you” he stated. He had a knack for identifying herbs and poisons by smell and taste having made dozens of his own brews of tea out in the wilds of numerous countries.

He met her gaze with knowing eyes, “Yes, caution is always prudent though reputation is often far from fact” he stated, both speaking of his situation and hers. He let that linger for a few moments. "I admit I had my doubts when I heard the ‘Thing that should not be’ had a daughter. I’ve traveled to many countries though fortunately, I’ve never crossed paths with anyone of such terrifying legend. If you truly do know him, tell me is he as heartless and powerful as his reputation insists?” he wondered, genuinely curious. For years he had sought power, no matter the cost but the risk of actively seeking out someone such as him seemed to outweigh any potential benefit. But now that he sat across from one who claimed to know him personally, he couldn’t help but wonder if there was any way to claim some of that power for himself.

Willoria

Contact Acquired

Post by Willoria » Mon Nov 11, 2019 9:40 pm

Suzume took note of the man's body language and positioning, noticing the way he sat, the way he positioned his chair, every piece she could see. She was still wary of the man, but also confident that if it came down to it, she wouldn't need her sword to stop any threat from him, after all Yoshin was only part of her arsenal and she also taught bone breaker. She didn't miss his comment about reputation, smirking lightly though she knew he was right. She had already garnered a name and reputation that stemmed from her father's, but in truth she wasn't nearly as strong as her father. If he were still around he would have lectured her several more times for being so flippant in her introductions, throwing his name around as if she could hold its weight. She knew she could against most other samurai, but against a missing ninja like her father was, was an entirely different story. In truth it was one of the reasons she had befriended Asura. She was certain she had brought the old man around enough that if someone were to come and kill her, she could rest easy knowing his 'gifts' would leave her murderer dying screaming.

When he brought up his doubts about who she came from, the girl just smiled and sipped her tea, shaking her head. She could have gotten insulted but she didn't see the point. After all, how was he to realize he was less than 20 feet from a secret door that led to her father's organization? That past that door was a scroll containing what was left of her father's organs from when he claimed EGF as his birthright? That there was a series of scrolls and books detailing his escapades and atrocities over the world, especially in Waterfall Country? Or the journal that was the translation of her mother's brand band and journal? This man before her was ignorant of all the proof she carried... proof she wouldn't dare show him simply to keep the secrets within safe as houses.

"Depends on who you were to him." she admitted instead. "Last I saw of him he was researching jutsu to change the very fabric of time and space in an effort to get another chance with my mother... so heartless? Not entirely I suppose, but he also would have been willing to sacrifice even me for that chance so... maybe so after all." she chuckled as she sipped her tea, remembering how her father had used her practically as a battery to fuel his jutsu in the end. "He told me every day that if he had heard of me as an infant he would have snuffed me out. How fortunate I was that we didn't meet until I showed his own curiosity about his power, and never showed fear of it." Suzume shrugged. "My father was never so simple to describe."

Izanagi

Contact Acquired

Post by Izanagi » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:03 am

Slowly Ichiro was gaining a sense for the type of person Suzume was. She spoke freely of her familiarity with Kenji though didn’t boast about it nor act eagerly to prove her involvement. It seemed likely that she really was his daughter though perhaps she was a bit foolish to draw so much attention to herself by allowing such notoriety to spread freely especially since she seemed to not have contact with him anymore. This meant she had an alternative purpose for drawing others too her and it was certainly more than this front she put on in the form of a kenjutsu dojo. She was either continuing to benefit from the network of informants and criminal activity that her father had developed or she was intent on pursuing a goal of her own and for that she needed people to be able to find her. Surely though she had to have a great deal of confidence in her own abilities or at least allies close by in order to take such risk.

The mention of space-time techniques captivated him. He had witnessed such powers displayed by one of his former teachers, a white-robed man by the name of Zao. ‘Well that’s intriguing. If she has scrolls or knowledge of how to perform such things that would be reason enough to get involved with her’ he pondered. The book he had received from Zao detailed the basic ninjutsu techniques as well as other notes and observations about chakra the man had personally written down and passed on to him but it didn’t delve into the most advanced subjects. “Sounds like a nice guy” he commented dryly, clearly sarcasm. “Say I believe you, this power you sought after, did you acquire any of it for yourself?” He got enough of his answer by the look in her eyes, she was certainly stronger than him and she had knowledge at the very least. “I seek power. Not just improving my skill with Yoshin but true power. To one day return to my home village and have the means to protect my people. But I don’t want to stop there. I want to teach my people how to use chakra, to be able to heal and defend. For too long citizens of Waterfall have suffered at the hands of shinobi, been robbed and controlled by gangs and organized crime. They deserve better, a life that is there’s to live and not dictated by the careless whims of others. And not just them. I need to learn all that I can for their sake. Is that something you can help me with?” he spoke passionately, his ambition spewing to the surface. If she was truly the Oni’s Daughter she would know exactly what he spoke of. She would have the answers and the means that he sought after. His icy blue eyes cut deep, he was growing desperate to elevate himself, to find someone that could push him to be greater than he was. His intuition was telling him that if it wasn’t Suzume then at the very least she could point him in the right direction.

Willoria

Contact Acquired

Post by Willoria » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:29 am

Suzume simply snorted at Ichiro's sarcasm, going so far as to roll her eyes. She found the statement to be ludicrous despite the sarcastic note to it, after all Ichiro was from Waterfall so he clearly knew her father was never a 'nice guy', making the statement feel out of place to her. She didn't answer his question about taking her father's power for her own, despite knowing she very well could if she wanted to. She had saved nearly all his old notes from his realm before she had left it behind after all, but openly admitting that would be stupid even for her. For all she knew the man before her might be looking to steal from her and the last thing she wanted to do was encourage that behavior.

Yet as he went on into his search for power, the young woman couldn't help a smirk, perhaps channeling Kenji himself for a moment. "So the little boy wants to defeat the bad guys and ran away to do so." she openly mocked, sipping her tea before setting it aside for a moment. She leaned forward, resting her elbows on her knees as she kept her yellow eyes fixed on the man, fully expecting a physical response to her words. "Your country is constantly full of the worst the shinobi villages have to offer, men you could have paid or begged to teach you the basics and you didn't? Or maybe you know the basics now and you're too inept to find your way any further without help?" she grinned openly as the last thought came to mind. "Or maybe you're so addicted to a search for power you've lost sight of going home now and you just haven't realized it yet."

Assuming he hadn't responded physically as of yet, Suzume would stand and move to a wall, leaning against it with her arms crossed as she looked at him. "Ironically if you really do want to help your homeland, I might have the cure to your poison. Maybe not immediately, but we're certainly on the same path."

Izanagi

Contact Acquired

Post by Izanagi » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:01 pm

The Waterfall Country native bristled as she mocked and over-simplified his ambitions and yet he didn’t outwardly react. Ichiro was known for his level head and composure, always watching and thinking. His keen mind was relied on often. It was how he had gained the respect of the crew; they knew he was dependable and could navigate the waters well, planning several steps ahead and keeping them out of harms way. “Something like that” he admitted, keeping an even tone. Defeating ‘bad guys’ as she put it wasn’t his primary ambition when he had set out, in fact he had only wished to learn the healing arts after sickness had nearly wiped out his entire village. But he had come to realize he could offer more than that. He continued to keep a stoic disposition, simply watching with those icy eyes of his as she continued to taunt him. She was testing him, trying to provoke reactions to find out what he knew but also to better understand his state of mind. That much was obvious. “I don’t wish to learn from just anyone. I've been fortunate with my teachers though circumstances have separated us” he hinted at. “I have no doubt I can further my studies on my own, I've taught myself a great deal already but I would be a fool not to seek out new opportunities, powerful connections and ideals that align with my own” he explained calmly. He didn’t want to divulge the contacts he had already made or the skills he had learned thus far. Not until he could be sure she had something to offer him.

He smirked wryly to himself, contemplating whether or not he really had lost sight of his goals. “I admit my path has taken me in a different direction than anticipated. But I will return. I have friends and family back home. I promised them I would learn healing arts and help those along my path, though I am only a novice I still offer my services to those in need. Often simply in exchange for providing food and lodging, though I do also sail the seas, traveling across the continent. We do what we must to survive though we are bound by a strong code of conduct.” He explained, presenting further insight into his way of life. He had come to enjoy the travel and the freedom but always he thought of home, kept himself grounded and motivated to learn all that he could and expand his circle of allies so that he might be prepared to claim a proper place for himself and his people when he returned to Waterfall. Ichiro took another slow sip of tea, deeper this time before setting the cup down. She spoke of being on the same path and he felt in his gut that she was speaking true. They may yet be able to benefit one another. That was all he hoped for. “So, how then may we be of use to one another?” he inquired, keeping his tone all business. Unlike many men she surely encountered he held no desire for her. There were brothels for that kind of release, and he felt no desire to complicate matters.

Willoria

Contact Acquired

Post by Willoria » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:21 pm

Suzume was rather impressed at Ichiro's restraint, even her father would have reacted with a flare of temper by this point. As he asked about them helping one another, the woman simply looked at him for several moments. She was trying to gauge the man, and his tone. She wasn't entirely sure she could trust him, but she also knew she was finally coming to a point where the organization might withstand the shock of a new member's betrayal. She could always move the headquarters, in spite of the life she had built for herself here, and she had at least a couple names she could think of off the top of her head that would end him for her. "My father founded an organization known as Chishiki. It's purpose is to gather information unto itself, secrets from any and all of the villages. Sometimes through theft, through violence, or simply by recruiting the very same criminals that make life hell on so many that we might learn their secrets." she began to explain, eyeing him warily still. "I plan to take this one step further, to begin to teach these secrets to outlying areas once we can. Sounds to me like we might be something that piques your interest."

She took a few steps towards Ichiro, leaning forward and placing both her hands flat on the table. She didn't do it as some form of intimidation or otherwise, but rather to intentionally show the ring on the middle finger of her right hand that bore the Chishiki symbol. "Join and maybe you can work your way to not only learning and even supplying secrets as you're able... but maybe you'll eventually gain enough trust for me to let you take a peak at Kenji's notes yourself." she offered, watching him carefully for a reaction. "But betray us... and I will personally set fire to everything you love."

Izanagi

Contact Acquired

Post by Izanagi » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:05 pm

Ichiro could feel the persisting tension once more. It was a familiar feeling, having recruited many people on to their pirate crew. They were always searching for someone who might know shinobi arts and therefore be valuable but also dangerous. He knew well the unease and distrust that seeped into such meetings. It seemed she was going to take the risk, a satisfying result. She spoke the name of Kenji’s organization and surprisingly it was not a name he was familiar with. Ichiro adored research and learning, ever reading and studying topography and learning of foreign cultures and people. He strived to always be prepared and know how to handle himself in negotiations with the locals, where to strike and where to resupply and lay low. A secret organization that strove to obtain knowledge. He couldn’t believe his good fortune, for someone like him that was a fantasy and his eyes shone brightly, white lines like electricity spreading through his pale blue cornea. “I seem to have found my place in this world” he sighed in relief, at last it was all beginning to come together. Every step had led him here. He often had doubts about the choice to take up piracy, a decision he had been tricked into in fact, having simply taken on a job as a bodyguard and a deckhand which quickly escalated beyond the point of turning back.

It was easy for him to accept those underhanded methods and even working alongside the criminals he despised was necessary. He had already crossed those lines after all. Anything in the pursuit of knowledge and power for the greater good. That was what he constantly told himself. She spoke of piquing his interest and he smiled fully, a satisfied peaceful look. “I couldn’t think of anything better” he stated simply. As she moved toward him, he slid his chair back slightly more out of habit, shifting his legs more to the side of the chair and watching her carefully. His left hand slid to the edge of the table while his right still held the nearly empty cup. Perhaps to distract her or simply to show off a bit of his talents he channeled a small bit of chakra to his hand, filling the cup with water until it was full once more, the tea diluted and cooled down but replenished, nonetheless. He noted the ring that she seemed to be displaying, observing the symbol on it. Relaxing slightly again he drank the tea deeply, draining the cup before placing it down. His eyes met hers, greedy, eager and thirsty as she mentioned Kenji’s notes. What he would give for a chance to learn Space-time techniques, advanced medical jutsu or even the legendary Earth Grudge Fear itself. He wanted it all. But he would work for it and pay his due share. “I gladly accept” he stated resolutely, offering his right hand to shake on the agreement. As she threatened him, he only smirked slightly, he knew the consequence of betrayal. It was the same for his crew. Such risk was the way of life for individuals of his ambition.

Willoria

Contact Acquired

Post by Willoria » Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:38 pm

Suzume couldn't help a wicked grin as Ichiro accepted her offer in spite of her threat, accepting his offered hand to shake before she turned away. The woman strode across the practice floor to the opposite wall and moved a display of wooden practice swords. She felt around the wall briefly until her fingers found the very slight indent right where it should be. She pushed on the wall gently and it gave way, seeming to sink back before she slid the wall aside and motioned for Ichiro to follow her beyond. The room on the other side was ornate of dark hardwoods and decor. It was far fancier than anything in Suzume's dojo and home, setting it apart easily. She led the way across the room to a desk, moving behind it as she shuffled with a few papers. Her hand paused on a book with names of org members as she thought it over briefly. 'Hm... seems morally ambiguous enough...' she thought to herself before taking the register and setting it on the desk in front of Ichiro, open. She also picked up a darkened quill and offered it to him. "Prick your finger with it, and sign." she instructed, pointing to a blank line in the register.

Assuming he'd do as he was told, she next opened up a box she had taken from within the desk and looked through it briefly. From it she withdrew another ring with the Chishiki symbol upon it and offered it to him. "The insignia works like a key to open the door to this side and the front door of the dojo. Above us is a rather large meeting room and library that takes up the entire floor. Above that are two more floors that are filled with rooms for members to use as pleased. They aren't much but a bed, kitchenette, and bathroom, as a member you'll be welcome to one any time you're in the area." Suzume smiled as she looked at him from across the desk.

"Welcome to home away from home."

Izanagi

Contact Acquired

Post by Izanagi » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:11 pm

The lean young pirate stood and followed Suzume after shaking her hand. He watched her curiously, scanning the room and searching the mantle with the practice swords as she reached toward it. ‘Useful’ he noted, at the hidden door. If the crew of the Black Wake ever got around to establishing a proper base of operations for their piracy, they could certainly pick up a few tips from her. And certainly, if he ever built a hidden village back in Waterfall Country he would utilize all sorts of measures to keep them protected. He could appreciate the shift in aesthetic as they moved into the hidden room, sitting in a chair on the opposite side of the desk from Suzume.

When she brought out the registry he looked over the names signed in blood, there weren’t that many three or four at most. Perhaps she had different books for varying types of members and the roles they played. Regardless he would memorize the names that were currently listed. One stood out more than the others, ‘Asura’ it was the most recent one and written with more flourish than the others, no last name. Interesting, perhaps he would cross paths with that man at some point. Pricking his finger, he would squeeze it in a way to cause the blood to pool more quickly, coating the tip of the quill and writing his full name, needing to reapply the blood once or twice. Soon after a ring was handed to him and Ichiro accepted graciously, feeling the weight of the metal and checking the size of it before slipping it on the ring finger of his left hand. Satisfied that it fit snugly he smiled as he admired the way it looked on him. He was part of two organizations now, his contacts and resources were growing. He would strive to gain Suzume’s trust and rise higher so that he could access those secrets she held. Until then he would continue to train on his own and perhaps find other allies to help bolster his strength and devote themselves to his personal ambitions.

He listened to the explanation of the secret entrances and the amenities now available to him. “So it’s done then. Wonderful” he would certainly have to make more trips to Dragon Country in the future. He was sure the men wouldn’t object. “I’m First Mate of the Schooner known as the Black Wake. We have a crew of 46, I offer my services in sending letters, smuggling goods and relaying any noteworthy information I pick up in my travels. I have learned ninjutsu; Suiton, Raiton and Iijutsu after receiving instruction on the basics from the wandering doctor and former Iwagakure shinobi Takamori Saigo. I haven’t seen the man in about 4 years however. He departed from Marsh Country and told me not to expect his return.” He explained, letting the woman take in this information. Surely the man formerly known as the Mad Doctor, a member of Henchou working with the likes of Yaku and Enma before the Doctor decided to repent would be something that interested her. “I also received this and further instruction by a wanderer who went by the name of Zao, white robes and hair. He was a kind man that seemed to hold no ire against teaching chakra to citizens of minor countries.” He explained, withdrawing a small notebook of about 30 pages from his backpack and placing it on the desk. Within it was handwritten notes and tips on performing the basic ninjutsu techniques as well as explanations on various concepts relating to chakra including the 5 elements, Fuuinjutsu, Sensory, Iijutsu, Genjutsu and even some information pertaining to Spirits. Already Ichiro was making sure to prove his worth and the kind of contribution he could offer.

Willoria

Contact Acquired

Post by Willoria » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:26 pm

Suzume stood from her seat, walking around the desk to the side Ichiro sat on as he spoke. She listened with interest as he finally told her exactly who he was and what he knew, smiling as he mentioned the doctor Saigo but not immediately saying anything. When he placed his notebook down, she immediately picked it up, flipping through the various notes and pausing rather pointedly on a section about Genjutsu, a section that only caused her smile to grow. "You might have the best potential I've seen in some time... aside from Asura of course." she remarked almost idly, though she had noticed the way he had perused the names in the book. "Genjutsu... my father was going to help me with genjutsu theory before he left... one of many lessons he never really got to." she admitted, nodding before turning her eyes back to Ichiro.

"I can actually tell you where Takamori Saigo has been." she said. "I had a chance to visit Konoha a couple years ago, stumbled into their borders by chance. I was taken and interviewed by their Hokage and the head of their ANBU. Satisfied I had no access to chakra then or ill intent against them I was given a short-lived tour before I had to leave. Your friend Saigo lives there now, with his wife and child, last I knew. He's sworn to a village again it seems, just not his original village." She looked down at Ichiro's notes once more, frowning slightly as she rather quickly realized the man knew far more about Chakra and jutsu than she did. All she knew were theories, nothing had she learned of practical use as of yet.

"How long is your ship in port? I could use your help while you're here... I'm afraid I was always too proud of my taijutsu skills and focused on them too much. Now my father isn't around to teach me more and I'm tired of fearing that his enemies might one day show their faces... well, again anyway." She added the last couple words as an after thought with a quick release of breath from her nose. The memories of Kintaro's attack was still fresh in her mind.

Izanagi

Contact Acquired

Post by Izanagi » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:16 pm

Ichiro smiled contently, she seemed pleased with the information he was passing on and certainly the notebook itself was remarkably rare and valuable. He had held on to it for 2 years now, even when he was desperate or starving, he never sold it. Not only was it an authentic notebook written by a shinobi but written by the hand of an expert in his field, an elite Jounin of Sunagakure at the time, unknown to Ichiro and now a man worthy of the title of Bannin. He certainly did seem to draw the attention of remarkably talented shinobi and each had praised him for his talent. It seemed Ichiro was destined to become a Ninjutsu specialist like his two mentors. Though as of the last couple years he had been more focused on learning elemental jutsu, something that was much more difficult for him but had been slowly paying off. Soon perhaps he would once again delve into the areas of ninjutsu he had the most natural talent for. Though there always seemed more to improve on and never enough time to develop every form of chakra manipulation that captivated his interest.

He received the praise well, bowing his head slightly as he recalled fondly the respect and formality he used to have when being taught by those two great men. His personality had shifted considerably since then though at his core he was still the same knowledge hungry youth who simply wanted to change the world for the better. There was that name again, Asura. It seemed to possess an air of power and mystery. Was he anything like his mentors or something else? Something more monstrous like Kenji? Whichever the case he was certain he would cross paths with him eventually, there was no need to press further inquiry just yet. “Glad to be of service” he responded dutifully, he hummed lowly as she mentioned Genjutsu in particular. “Haven’t quite figured that one out myself. Perhaps you’ll have better luck” he stated, indicating that he intended for her to keep the book as his first contribution to the organization. He tilted his head slightly, his sharp eyes taking an interest as she spoke of Saigo’s whereabouts. He was astonished to discover that Suzume had actually been to Konoha and was allowed to maintain her freedom, he never imagined such a thing was possible. He exhaled slowly in relief when he was told Saigo was safe with his wife and child. Isane, she was a kind woman and had been in the early stages of her pregnancy when they had left him back in Marsh Country. It was speculated that their child would be a boy. “I’m relieved to hear that. We spent many months setting up triage clinics together, tending to the sick and injured free of charge. He taught me a great deal, I respect him immensely” he stated, smiling. He had worried that Yaku had hunted him down, at least in Konoha he would be safe and now it was up to him to carry on his legacy and become a great healer.

The young man closed his eyes, offering a silent prayer to Saigo and his family for continued longevity and happiness. He opened his eyes slowly, peacefully when asked a direct question. “At least a week. The men need to let loose. When we were departing Tea Country, we heard some disturbing rumors. Over a dozen ships, schooners, a few Galleons and even a Brigadier scuttled off the coast of Fountain Country near the edges of Water Country; Five-hundred men or more dead. A few eyewitnesses claimed it was a response to a pirate attack, slaughtered by a blood wolf the size of a mountain and a winged demon. Clears up the competition a bit for us but the men will be in no rush to sail up north for some time.” He explained solemnly, the Oceans were a terrifying place as it was without worrying about demons and shinobi. They were already wary of Kirigakure fleets as it was. “I’ll train with you. I have much yet to improve but I’m sure we can help one another well enough” he agreed, trying to push aside the haunting tales they had heard. If there wasn’t enough reason to gain strength, there was now.

Willoria

Contact Acquired

Post by Willoria » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:47 pm

As Ichiro expounded on how long they'd be in port and why, Suzume gave him a brief look of concern. She hadn't heard of such things of course, she had no eyes and ears in any pirate crew, at least until now. But she was relieved to hear he would train with her and the pair might help one another. "Sounds like we both have reasons to gain strength then." she admitted, looking back towards the secret door the pair had come through as if suddenly remembering the wreck the place had been when Kintaro attacked. "Not that long ago an old enemy of my father's showed up, a former hunter shinobi from Iwagakure named Kintaro. He had a group with him, caught me by surprise. If not for a passing stranger I might not have survived the fight." she sighed, wrinkling up her nose in frustration before she looked at Ichiro.

"He's been dealt with since then, but if I'm going to keep this organization going and be the caretaker of such secrets, I need strength. And it seems if you are going to save your country and be our eyes and ears among the pirates, you'll need strength as well." she said with a hint of a smile before turning for the door. "Why don't we finish off that tea?"

Izanagi

Contact Acquired

Post by Izanagi » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:04 pm

Ichiro was somewhat surprised by how mild Suzume’s reaction was, though he quickly found himself impressed by her composure. Of course, she would be well used to hearing dangers of all kinds, ever aware of the scale of power the shinobi world held and moreover the devastation such people often incurred against those without such training. There would always be those who were stronger, who had more resources and could snuff out life of all kinds on a whim. One had to make their peace with that and keep themselves grounded, focusing on what they could do to improve and survive. In Ichiro’s case he hoped to never encounter S-Ranked criminals or even a shinobi squad composed of Jounin. This young woman before him however, she seemed to seek out power of all kinds fearlessly, knowing her own weakness yet aiming to mingle with such monsters regardless. It was admirable but also intimidating.

The young sailor listened as Suzume spoke of her run-in with a former hunter nin. His eyes widened; he felt a moment of concern. He had tried to avoid such attention himself though he couldn’t shake the thought that eventually shinobi from Kirigakure might be his downfall. “I’m grateful that you did, we each need as many allies as we can get. It’s hard enough to get by as it is without having to worry about shinobi getting involved.” He stated. For years he had been constantly moving from one town to the next, earning just enough to keep himself fed and often relying on his moderate medical knowledge or skill with a sword to offer for coin. Other times he got by simply on the kindness of others, more than once though he had nearly starved or spent the night cold and alone in the woods. Only when he had found Kaisui and Umiko did he finally feel he could make a sustainable life for himself.

The young man clad in blue and smelling of the sea, smirked dryly, “I’m not even going to ask how you managed that” he commented. While the young woman certainly excelled him physically and surely in her Taijutsu proficiency, she claimed to be a novice in the shinobi arts, perhaps her ally was quite strong, though likely Suzume had more talent than she let on. He had already decided that she was someone he didn’t want to cross. “It’s a little ironic, the more power I gain the more I crave it and the more danger I seem to find myself in” he commented, his electric blue eyes shone brightly, thirsty for knowledge and hungry for power. The two of them had much in common and he could sense that kindred spirit in her. He followed her to the door as they returned to the table with the cups of tea, sitting down he waited until she poured them both another cup, taking a slow sip and holding the cup with both hands. “My mother was a Kunoichi, a medic, defected from Kirigakure. Eventually, she settled down in Waterfall Country where she met my dad and had my sister and me. Didn’t find out until just before she died, never even knew her real name.” he admitted suddenly. He knew Suzume was among the most dangerous people to confide in, though the risk was relatively low. His mother had faked her death before defecting and now she was truly dead and without even knowing her name it would be next to impossible to prove any connection to the shinobi village. The only reason any hunters would be sent after Ichiro would be if his actions created cause for him to be targeted. His mother had been his inspiration to learn chakra, she had opened his eyes to the healing possibilities though had never taught him anything herself. “Though I have accepted the need to resort to piracy it is a healer that I aspire to be most of all” he claimed, perhaps it would be difficult to believe given the contrast though Ichiro was a complicated person whose morals and ambitions collided in somewhat unpredictable ways. Lifting one of his hands away from his cup his hand glowed with green healing chakra for a few moments, “I don’t suppose you could help with that” he hoped, there was much he wished to improve upon and certainly he was willing to help Suzume practice Genjutsu, utilizing the one illusionary art technique he knew but he hoped she would have some scrolls at least he could access to learn some basic and intermediate Iijutsu skills.

Willoria

Contact Acquired

Post by Willoria » Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:29 am

As they reached the table once more, Suzume poured each of them a fresh cup of tea before taking her seat. She sipped carefully at the hot liquid as Ichiro spoke, unable to help a small smile that came to her lips as he mentioned her helping with learning healing techniques. "That I definitely can help with." she told him, her small smile quickly spreading into a full grin. She looked at him over the top of her cup briefly as she sipped once more, thinking over everything that had already transpired between the two, and silently glad to have another that seemed to seek power as she did. "I know a fair amount myself, a base to work from really. But I also have my father's notes on the subject. I could help you learn more, if not from myself, than from my father's words and notes. Honestly he didn't have much use for it in some ways, but the man was meticulous in his research of Ninjutsu and even now he's still the best there is to learn from." Of course, she didn't mention learning from the man 'in death', though the words had tempted her lips briefly.

She hated speaking of her father as dead, and preferred many out in the world still saw him as a living threat. In some ways, he still protected her without ever making an appearance, and she found that invaluable until she was strong enough to defend herself from her enemies and her father's.

She tucked away mentally what little information Ichiro knew of his mother, silently wondering if perhaps she could find help in figuring out just who she really was. 'Who do I know from Kiri... I feel like I know someone...' she thought to herself, sipping her tea again before looking to Ichiro. "My father drove himself near mad in his search for power, perhaps a family flaw because it is all I seek too most days..." she sighed and looked at her new companion. "And yet I think you have a similar thirst." she admitted reaching over and touching his forearm gently, giving a light squeeze. "This world has a treasure trove of knowledge we can seek together. Give the people a fighting chance against shinobi."

Izanagi

Contact Acquired

Post by Izanagi » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:01 pm

The handsome sailor kept a neutral expression as he met Suzume’s yellow eyes with his icy blue that seemed to have a life of their own, subtle white streaks like electricity coursing through the pale blue. These two individuals were evidently kindred spirits and it seemed there was much the two could do to benefit one another. This was the kind of person Ichiro was pleased to pledge his loyalty to. He had suspected that she was more skilled with Ninjutsu than she had let on previously, likely as skilled or more than himself though likely in other fields of study. He knew at the very least that she would have medical ninjutsu scrolls and was content to be permitted to take a look at some of them. It seemed however that she actually had some degree of skill in IIjutsu herself. This was somewhat surprising considering how well she had concealed her training, portraying herself as primarily a kenjutsu practitioner at first. “I believe Saigo-Sensei may argue that” he commented lightly, “Thank you. I’m very grateful for the chance to improve my skills” he said simply. The truth was he was eager to get started. Though he was typically the most calm and patient person in the room he had grown away from proper formalities and etiquette, even as a kid he had never taken to that kind of thing all that much. He rarely even drank tea, though any hot liquid felt welcome to someone who had spent many nights cold.

He finished this cup of tea much faster than the first. Setting it down and a little to the side. Ichiro smiled slightly as Suzume spoke of her own drive for power. Some would distance themselves from friendships with those that were overly ambitious, as such people often put their own self interest above all else. Though Ichiro found himself comforted by the thought of being surrounded by others like him. The race to the top, the plotting and scheming, it excited him more than anything else. “In a world like this, how can you not want power? The chance to help balance the scales. Shinobi hold the world hostage, hoarding power to themselves, decimating lands in their battles against one another. They work as mercenaries hired to protect us against others like them and kill those who learn chakra so that we can defend ourselves and carve our own path.” He spoke quietly and yet with passion, speaking as though making a direct statement rather than a lecture. “You’re right. We’re the same. I want to become stronger, smarter. The best possible version of myself. I want to see real change, real opportunity for people like us to rise up.” He spoke with more passion now, a clear yearning. These were thoughts he had kept buried for years, so focused on just surviving and making the next step. Only within his own mind had he kept such ambitions alive. “I don’t think I can wait any longer, please let us help each other grow” he pleaded; he could feel his chakra surging with excitement through him. He knew how weak he still was but every new jutsu he learned, every new feat he could accomplish was one step closer to realizing his dreams.

Willoria

Contact Acquired

Post by Willoria » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:08 pm

Until she was able to evaluate him, perhaps in a spar, Suzume knew she couldn't be entirely sure how strong the man before her was. She couldn't be sure just what exactly she could teach him, but she was already looking forward to it. As he spoke, the smile on her lips simply grew. More and more she knew she wanted to not only teach Ichiro, but to learn alongside him. The pair could certainly teach one another plenty, but also learn side by side. She knew already that learning shinobi techniques was a group effort out here in the wilds away from the villages, and she was looking forward to it all.

By time he finished talking, by time he pleaded with her, the smile on her lips was a full grin. She set down her teacup and leaned forward, reaching over to rest one of her hands over one of his. "Let's do it then." she said simply. "Let us figure out what we can teach one another, learn from one another... and I'll even share what I have of my father's knowledge with you. We will figure it out together, help the people become strong enough to protect themselves from those damn wolves in sheep's clothing. Those lying bastards."

Even Suzume hadn't been able to be quite so overt in her phrasing with others. So many were afraid to challenge the villages and their power, to challenge what they held so secret. But now Suzume could feel her father's drive within her, that drive to rival a village.

Izanagi

Contact Acquired

Post by Izanagi » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:31 pm

The youthful pirate didn’t react much or read into it when Suzume touched his hand. He was not one to be easily enamored by women, though he respected her intellect and ambition, that was what really appealed to him. His icy blue eyes, crisp and invigorating seemed to radiate like lightning. Though he may have appeared relatively average, lean, and fit, though of no particular impressive stature and perhaps a little weathered by the sea, there was something special about him. An insatiable drive, deep intellect and a thirst for power that was unrivaled by any commoner, sailor or pirate that he had ever encountered before. Everything he did was simply a means to an end and no matter how long it took he would realize his ambition, it was that restrained determination that allowed him to blend in and seem to live the buccaneer lifestyle until he met others with similar drive, igniting his hidden agendas.

He hung on her every word, enamored by the idea of growth and deeply longing for the knowledge accumulated by her father. But even Suzume he was sure had great potential and natural talent, likely much more so than himself. “Well said” he agreed, while he was wary of the shinobi nations and didn’t want to challenge them directly, he was aware that it was a likely eventuality. Though, he needed to gain many more allies and gain strength before they could let themselves be targeted by shinobi. “Is there somewhere outside we can train?” he asked as he stood and pushed in his chair as he waited for Suzume to lead the way somewhere better suited, “I wouldn’t want to flood your home” he added lightly, smiling with a hint of confidence. Perhaps his skill in elemental ninjutsu was slightly greater than he had let on thus far. He felt a strong connection to water style techniques and even lightning he was quickly progressing with. For the time being it felt natural to continue to grow the skills he had started developing, though he was curious if there were techniques Suzume utilized that he may not be familiar with.

Willoria

Contact Acquired

Post by Willoria » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:03 pm

"I know a place." Admittedly, Suzume felt a bit nervous about the idea of sparring against Ichiro. She had no idea of what he did or didn't know, and most of the jutsu she knew that weren't taijutsu weren't exactly offensive jutsu either. Much of what she knew was on paper in her father's scrolls. Still though, she stood and led the way out of the building and down a path. It wasn't exactly a short walk, but before long they'd find themselves moving out of the city and to open expanse of land, not even that far from the shore. They couldn't see the edge, but they could certainly hear the water lapping against the shore.

When Suzume was satisfied the area she'd found was open and large enough for whatever they were about to do, she simply nodded and stopped, turning to look at Ichiro. "I'm curious to see what you know so far." she admitted, still wondering if she was about to show herself as weak to this man instead of strong, worried that perhaps she didn't know enough to really keep his attention. 'In the end I have Kenji's scrolls though, if it's not my knowledge he's after, he'd certainly be after that.'

Izanagi

Contact Acquired

Post by Izanagi » Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:45 pm

Ichiro nodded and quietly followed Suzume out of the building. There was a certain air of intensity about him as she led him along the path. It was not that of a hardened killer nor one of someone for a thirst for combat, rather it was a calm focus. An intellect and readiness as his mind processed everything he knew about Suzume, tied together the environment and assessed his own repetoire. He was not a man that had extensive combat experience, not in anything drawn out at least. But he planned thoroughly and practiced an array of techniques and strategies for incapacitating singular or multiple opponents so that he and his crew mates could make their escape.

There was a slight incline to the grassy plain they were situationed on, the ground fairly soft dirt and the sound of the Ocean heard from over a series or small rolling hills leading to a cliffside. He inhaled, smelling the sea air and the gentle breeze beneath the warm sun, light partial clouds making for a pleasant day. "Aye, likewise" he admitted, positioning himself so that the slight incline and the Ocean were to his left, spacing out about 10 meters from his opponent.

Without wasting time he formed a short series of hand seals enveloping his body in a protective coating of crackling blue electricity. And then forming a second set of seals his chakra flowed into the sky above them, nature responding to his call as low hanging clouds gathered over a 15 meter area from a similar height, dark and full they would suddenly pour forth a torrential downpour of rain, thick sheets falling with 15 speed and impacting with similar strength, so much so that he wouldn't even be able to move freely under its constant weight though his armor protected him from any true battering. Shifting his stance he would grip his sword and keep his feet wide, hips open and bracing as the ground steadily became soft and muddy. He knew she was skilled with Kenjutsu and fast and hoped to make it difficult for her to close the distance and strike effectively in these unfavorable envrionmental conditions. And the longer she waited to strike the more the advantage would be his.
Jutsu UsedShow
*Raiton • Lightning Armament
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After the correct hand seals are performed, the user coats themselves in a thick layer of lightning. This armour of lightning forms near instantly and requires [25] Strength to break. During this time, the user's physical strikes apply the Raiton shocking effect.

Suiton • Rain Cloud
D-Rank Ninjutsu
The user will form the necessary handseals, causing a small cloud to form a moment before rain begins pouring down from the sky from an elevation of 15 meters, similarly covering a 15x15 meter area in rainfall that comes down with [15] speed and [15] strength. The heavy rain will persist for a total of 4 posts unless dispelled early, capable of completely drenching anyone remaining within the area and creating a significant amount of water in the area, typically enough to leave about a 0.5 meter deep puddle depending on terrain.

Return to “Other Countries”