Where is he then?

[Closed] Lacarix & Aes Sedai

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:28 pm

Being between classes, Suzume was out of the dojo. She often took a week or two between classes for herself, for her own training and her own sanity. Today her morning had started simple, going down to the markets by the dock to purchase a few choice things. She had picked up fish, vegetables, rice, and a couple other things that she might make herself meals for the next day or two. She was happy to even have a handful of red beans to make one of her favorite things, sweet buns with the red bean paste in the middle. It had been a fun morning and with her basket of items she slowly made her way back to her home in the dojo.

She wore her usual garb, her back bare to the world to show off the tattoo, her takegasa hat on her head to keep herself cool in the harsh sun, and as always a free hand on one of her weapons as she walked. Her mind was all over the place however, thinking over the things she had been studying the last few days. Her father's scrolls were a wealth of information, especially the one from when he first gifted himself the Earth Grudge Fear. In his journals though she noticed how he seemed to see it as a curse in his weaker moments. But it made her question if it was worth it. He had lost his ability for physical pleasure, to enjoy food, these seemed like basic things but as Suzume thought over them, they seemed valuable.

When she got to her destination she didn't immediately go inside. From the dirt road was a set of stairs up to a wood walkway that was in front of her shop and several others, and it was on the walkway she chose to sit, taking a piece of fruit from her basket of goodies and chewing on it slowly as she let silence reign and she simply stared out at the waters not so far from the road.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:48 pm

Attire WornShow
Hiraku, Kenji.

A name etched into Yoru’s mind.

A name that changed Yoru.

A name that killed Yoru.

A name and nothing else. The rouge ninja had never even met the man known as Hiraku, Kenji but he’d effected every aspect of Yoru’s life. How could a stranger cause so much impact. Kenji as a renowned rouge shinobi that Takeo had been working with Konhagakure, with the intent of destroying Iwagakure.

This simple partnership, ripped the illusion that Konoha away, the perfect visage of heroic shinobi conquering evil. In Yoru’s eyes, Takeo had become that very evil they were meant to be fighting against. When Yoru stood against it all, stood against Takeo, an attempt was made on his life. Yoru was confident it was conspired by Takeo and Kenji. Though he couldn’t be sure, though it seemed to coincidental otherwise.

That name, now needed to become a face. A face Yoru couldn’t find, though Rouge Shinobi could disappear in a blink of an eye they weren’t meant to be easy to find. There was someone however that had the privilege to be free, to not have to hide in the shadows. One by the name of Hiruka, however not the one Yoru was after. But, Suzume. The daughter of the famed man. Perhaps she could be the answer, perhaps she could lead Yoru directly to him.

In the heart of Seledar Market she could be found, the normally dark and seedy market of the night, was now just like any other market selling everyday goods. Yoru, wearing dark clothes, a hood and a mask, hid upon the rooftops keeping his gaze on the woman, watching her, following her with precision and care, making sure that he wasn’t seen.

Everything seemed quite normal.

Just simply food shopping, a regular everyday task. Though perhaps she could be cooking food for her father? Possible. When she moved, so did he, when she paused, he did the same, mirroring her pace exactly. She paused, eating a piece of fruit. Just waiting. That’s all Yoru could do, wait.
CharactersShow

The White Eyed Demon of the Leaf
Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:37 pm

Suzume knew the markets like the back of her hand at this point. She knew the people, even those whose names she didn't know, and so eventually the training her father had put her through came in handy and she caught a glimpse. It was brief, a flash of light reflected or a movement, she couldn't even be entirely sure which. The only reason she didn't shrug it off herself as nothing or a mirage was the paranoia her father had instilled in her. Suzume swung her feet lightly as she ate her fruit and glanced at the basket of goodies, debating over how to handle things.

Eventually she got up with a sigh and climbed up, taking her basket with her, as she walked into the dojo. The door she left open. To the left of the entry was an open area for training with a small area for storage behind that. Directly in front of the door was an open set of stairs and right there she sat down, setting another apple from her basket in the doorway, and she waited. "Gotta come say hi eventually..." she muttered.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:16 pm

Yoru crouched on the rooftop opposite, peering through the hole in his mask, his hazel not moving from the woman as she sat across from him, simply sat on a staircase, eating a piece of fruit. She slowly stood up moving and pushing open the door, leaving it open.

Why has she left the door open? Had she seen him? Was it a trap?

All possible. Had he messed up already? Yoru was a little rusty when it came to espionage, he’d been inactive for quite some time. He hopped down from the rooftop, landing on the ground with a thud so silent, even Yoru could barely hear it. Moving silent he slipped to the passage of the stairway deciding if he should enter or not.
No that would be a stupid idea, Kenji could be waiting for him, ready to jump him.

Deciding against it, Yoru leaped into the air, focusing chakra towards his feet and clambering up the side of the building, a window. Perfect, holding onto the window frame he slipped in dropping gently onto the floor. Stepping forward, he heard a snap, plodding directly into a tripwire.

Kunai came soaring towards him, what an awful trap, as if a few flimsy kunai could take down the renowned Aizawa, Yoru the fabled Bannin of Kohnagakure. He mode with such speed and precision, as each kunai flew by as though they were moving in slow motion, he stepped backwards-

Before he knew it, he’d slipped backwards over the window frame, smacking his head as he did. Falling through the air, landing with a loud thud on the ground outside. His consciousness slipped away, whatever Yoru’s plans were. They’d now gone out of the window. Literally.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:35 pm

At one point Suzume made tea before returning to her spot on the stairs, almost annoyed that whoever her company was hadn't come out. But a few hand seals and a sensory jutsu later and she knew he was nearby, confirming her suspicions. She sipped at her tea, unable to pinpoint his exact location but judging by the movements she was noticing she had to assume he was trying to get in. She sighed heavily before she heard her trap go off, but before she could go check it she saw something fall in front of the dojo with a puff of dirt from the impact. For a moment she merely sat there blinking, tea cup hovering at her lips. "....you can't be serious." she muttered, sighing as she set down her tea cup and walked out her front door.

Sure enough, there was a masked man on the ground outside her dojo and she couldn't help a sigh and a shake of her head. "Well this is officially the strangest way anyone has ever introduced themselves." she muttered, walking over and kneeling beside him. She checked him over to be sure he had no broken bones first before hefting him over a shoulder and walking back into her dojo.

By time the man would awake he'd be laying in a room above the dojo, in Suzume's bed. Beside him were a few tinctures of medicine and the like, as well as his mask sitting on the nightstand. Suzume herself would be sitting across the room from him, her takegasa hat discarded, black hair loose about her face and her yellow eyes fixed on him. "That was an interesting way to say hello... you hurt? I didn't see anything when I checked you over, but I could have missed something."

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:06 pm

phpBB [video]

Aizawa, Yoru and Awai, Mino were charging through a long winding cave, so dark the pair could only see “Be careful where you step.” Mino chuckled back softly “With these eyes, I won’t have any problem. Let me lead.” Yoru nodded, swapping positions with the Awai, letting him take point. Though not his Sensei, Yoru and Mino had become quite close, he had become this Genmas ward, watching him every step of the way.

Yoru couldn’t see a thing, but he had to trust Mino knew the way. The pair continued forward, there seemed to be light at the end of the tunnel. The pair moved quicker and quicker, as the light got brighter and brighter.

Yoru’s eye flicked open, his other of course couldn’t scarred over from the attack so long ago. He sat up, wincing slightly, he looked over seeing the woman across from him and his mask and clothes on the nightstand. He’d really messed all this up. How could he make such a mistake.

She asked if he was hurt, he placed his hand to the back of his head moving his hand through his crimson locks, feeling an egg shaped lump. He sighed softly and shook his head. He thought about reaching for a kunai, just in case this woman were to attack him. Though if she we’re going to kill him, she would of done it by now.

“Thank you.” He muttered softly, in an embarrassed tone. He was supposed to be one of the most powerful shinobi in the world and he’d been taken out by a window frame. How pathetic. He pushed his long red locks backwards, sweeping it back out of his face. He leaned over to the nightstand, grabbing the black cloth he kept in his pocket to cover up the skin where his eye used to be.

“Aiz-“ he paused, she’d already seen his face, he couldn’t give up his persona already “Daremo.” Introducing himself with his new persona. He had to be no one, if Konoha found out he was alive, before he fulfilled his plans they’d put a stop to it.

“I might as well come out with it, I’m looking for your father.”
He pulled his legs out from the bed and started to pull himself up, exposing his bare chest and arm, covered in burns and his back filled with flogging marks. He instantly felt dizzy, slipping backwards and sitting back down on the bed.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:26 pm

Suzume raised an eyebrow as Yoru introduced himself as Daremo. She tucked the name into the back of her mind along with what he seemed to start to say, making a mental note to reach out to resources to find out just who he might really be. She nodded as he mentioned her father but what really caught her attention was when he tried to stand. She stood from her seat, making more obvious the black bladed katana that had been resting across her lap in it's sheath. Tying it to her hip she walked out of the room briefly and into the attached kitchenette. When she came back she was carrying a cup of what appeared to be hot tea with a stronger earthy smell and offered it to him. "Here, this will help the dizziness and pain." she told him.

She returned to her seat and sat down again, turning the ring on her middle finger over and over again as she looked at him. "You're lucky he isn't here, he doesn't respond to attempted intruders by healing their hurt." she told him, shaking her head as she looked at him again. "He isn't taking meetings right now, I'm the closest you're going to get." she told him. "I'm Hiraku Suzume, some call me 'The Oni's Daughter'."

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:58 am

Yoru looked over the cup of tea that was offered to him, poison? Unlikely, he nodded gently taking the tea from her and taking a sip. He enjoyed the earthy taste too it. It didn’t do anything immediately, he still felt slightly dizzy, but soon it would pass or so he hoped. He watched her carefully as she walked back to her seat, he pulled his legs back onto the bed and pulled himself up resting against the wall, he felt the cool bricks send a shiver down his back. It was surprisingly rather nice.

Disappointment ran through him as she revealed Kenji wasn’t here and he ‘wasn’t taking meetings’ Your shook his head, “I’m sorry Suzume, you won’t be able to help me. I need to find your father. I was told you were the only person who could get in touch with him.” He sighed softly “It’s less of a conversation, more of a confrontation.” He admitted.

He shook his head, feeling the dizziness fade away. The tea seemed to of done the trick.

“I’m confident your father made an attempt on my life, I need to confirm he was behind it.” He the words left his mouth like a snake spitting venom, Kenji had destroyed everything Yoru ever knew. Konoha and Kenji had taken his loved ones, his thriving career and even his eye. Everyone who wronged him would have to pay, including Kenji.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:03 am

Suzume looked at Yoru for several moments as he spoke. As always she found herself in that moment when it would be so much easier for her to just admit that her father was dead and gone... but that would hardly do well for his organization or for her plans. As any loyal daughter of a missing ninja would be, Suzume still sought a way to bring Kenji back, though she was slowly losing hope. "Confrontation? Then consider my refusing to give you a meeting an act of saving your life." Suzume said coolly. "If you nearly kill yourself in a confrontation with my window, you'd hardly survive one with my father." she added, chuckling to herself a bit as she shook her head.

'Red hair... anbu tattoo.... interesting...' Pieces started forming in her mind but she was hardly going to show her full hand right now. She gave Yoru another look as she thought over documentation she had found in her father's things before leaving his realm. "If you were to give me your actual name I might be able to give you more information." she finally said. "So far all I know is you're clearly a Konoha shinobi from that mark on your shoulder... an ANBU tattoo which makes your fall out my window all the more hilarious frankly. Guess you lost your touch?" She couldn't help a snort at that thought, remembering the stern and threatening presence of Onigumo when she was in Konoha. 'I think if he saw a fellow operative act like this he might have shit a brick...'

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:43 am

Yoru grimaced, Suzumes words cut through him like a knife through butter. If Yoru fought Kenji in his current state he’d outright lose, there was no denying that. He’d become weak, unskilled and out of touch. The famed Bannin hadn’t served under ANBU for quite some time, not since Takeo became Hokage and Yoru stepped up as his right hand man, he simply didn’t have the time to work in the ranks of the ANBU as well as his other duties.

Though it wasn’t an excuse, Yoru had been hiding for quite some time, licking his wounds feeling sorry for himself. His skill’s were not a par with what they once were. It was apparent he couldn’t even conceal his identity successfully. She’d pretty much deciphered he was from Konoha, all she had lacked was his name.

What an embarrassment the notorious Bannin had become.

“If I gave you my name… I need to know I can trust you.”
He whispered out softly, his tone defeated, the realisation that his goals were so far out of his grasp. “Any information I give you, must remain with you. At least for a while, soon it won’t matter, but-“ he paused looking up at her, how had he fallen, literally, so quickly “-for now, I need to remain in the shadows … Daremo must live on.”
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:58 am

Suzume tilted her head once more as she looked at Yoru, her demeanor suddenly becoming oddly serious. "There is no trust out here." she told him flatly. "If you haven't learned that yet, you soon will. Outside your precious walls you finally get to experience what the rest of us do. The selfish oppression of the so-called shinobi villages, claiming to be great protectors while they are really the true oppressors. We fend for ourselves, and trust is best never exercised." she said almost harshly.

"You don't know me, Daremo, so I'll make this clear. My stock and trade is information. It isn't trust I ask for, it is payment. Fact is if I wanted your name I could have it, between your tattoo and your appearance I'd wager that's all I need. I reach out to an old friend and he could tell me your name. But you come to me asking for information... that means you require a trade." Suzume leaned forward, resting her elbows on her knees as she looked at him. "I'm not asking you to trust me. I'm asking you for payment, so unless you have other information you'd be willing to trade that I can make use of, perhaps something from your village or ANBU days, your name will have to be payment. And the only thing you can trust is that I do not do things that do not benefit me, and so you'll have to hope your name has no real benefit to me as of yet."

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:20 am

Yoru listented carefully as she spoke of the shinobi villages, agreeing with almost every word she said. He had come to realise the ‘true nature’ of the shinobi villages and oppression was the perfect word for it. She was right, whole heartedly, he couldn’t trust anyone and he wouldn’t start with trusting this woman.

She mad threats of using his appearance and go to her ‘old friend’ her old friend had to be someone in Konoha, it seemed likely, if Kenji had connections with the Hokage of the Leaf it was most likely that this woman would too. He instantly started to regret coming here, he shouldn’t of moved forward, stepping towards this goal until he was ready.

He’d made too many mistakes and he wasn’t going to keep making more.

“I have no guarantee you know where Kenji is, my name is too valuable too me right now. Daremo is my title, if that’s of no use to you. Then I understand.” He swung his legs out of the bed, placing his feet gently onto the floor.

“You may go to your friend, if you truly wish. Someone in Konoha I believe? So be it, the details of my plan will change but my goal will not. I don’t even truly know if you know where your father is, rumour is no one knows where he is.” The tea seemed to have taken effect by now, he wasn’t feeling dizzy as he stood up.

He picked up he clothes going through them “Thank you for the tea.” He said softly, he thought about using a genjutsu, forcing this woman to trust him, but it seemed pointless, she may even be able to defend against it. He began to unfold his clothes, slipping on his trousers.

“Without my name, your information is just hearsay, a red-haired man with a red tattoo. You could be mistaken. Without me name, there is no proof and I’d like to keep it that way.” He looked over his shoulder at her “Thank you for teaching me a valuable lesson, it’s apparent I have a lot to learn about the world outside those shinobi walls you speak of.” The frantic man who had fallen out of the window, with the foolish demeanor had disappeared, the newer Yoru was coming to fruition. The woman known as Suzume had helped him take those first steps.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:33 am

His statements came to her like an insult, but the last thing she needed was for him to think she was hiding anything concerning her father's whereabouts. There was no proof to be found, but it wouldn't take much to figure out the man was gone at least, if not dead, in spite of the fact that only Suzume herself knew the truth. Rather than get defensive she let out a small chuckle and shrugged. "You baby missing ninja are all the same. Too trusting, placing value on the wrong things.... and all too eager to get back on your feet." Suzume sighed and stood from her chair, stepping out of the room once more into the small kitchenette.

There she started gathering a few things up, grabbing a satchel from a closet before starting to fill it with a few pouches of herbs, tea, and even a couple of salves before walking back over to where Yoru was. "If you're going to be stupid enough to get moving already, at least take these. Your head needs extra care for a couple days, I wouldn't recommend you sleeping without someone to watch you but considering you didn't show up here with anyone I think that advice is going to be ignored."

'If I were my father I would have gotten far more information out of him just through conversation... though I also probably would have resorted to more drastic measures too... is it good that I'm getting more like him? Or bad? How long will I keep these lines drawn? Or am I going to cross into torture for information one day too?'

Part of her was curious of the man before her would be an asset for Chishiki, but so far as he seemed intent on confronting her father she doubted he'd want to hear of it much less join an organization her father started.

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:03 pm

Yoru didn’t respond at been called a baby simple words like that, didn’t insult him certainly not anymore. Though her words made complete sense, Yoru had got to used to the shinobi life, living amongst comrades you could trust your life with. He was in a new world now, a different world where he could be stabbed in the back at any moment.

She offered him the salves, he took them and placed them in his pouch. This woman was a curious case, perhaps like himself she wasn’t quite sure who she was. She tried to be so cutting, dealing information, yet here she was offering him a salve and suggesting he find someone to watch him while he slept.

He pursed his lips, picking up his shirt and pulling it over himself “Leaving?” he shrugged “I don’t know what gave you that idea.” He pulled up his long red hair and tied it up in a ponytail so it was out of the way “It doesn’t bode well for you Suzume, if when a man put’s his shirt on assume he’s leaving you.” A soft chuckle escaped his lips.

“Fine, you’ve shown to be that I can’t trust you and you can’t trust me. My name for now is too important to me, if it get’s out it will ruining all I’m working for.” He said sharply, he turned back to the nightstand, wrapping his fingers around the cup and taking another sip of the earthy tea “But Suzume, you may not believe it, but I am as powerful as your father.” He scoffed “Well I was, I’ve been out of commission for quite some time, I’ve become weak, sloppy, lazy. But not for much longer."

“Aizawa.” He muttered his name “Aizawa, Yoru.” The famed Bannin of Konoha, presumed to of been killed in action.

“You’re right, my appearance is too distinctive. With the sea of brown-haired shinobi of Konoha, just my hair colour is a give away, my tattoo even more so. If you take this information to your friend they will come back with my name. As I said before, it will change the details but it will not change my plan. I won’t let you or anyone get in the way of it.” Yoru titled his head “I’ve given you payment, now I need something in return.” He took another sip of this tea until it was finished “Firstly, another cup of this tea, secondly I need either your fathers location or I need to confirm something. Was he behind my ambush?”
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:24 pm

Suzume let out a small snort at Yoru's remarks about men leaving her. She thought about making a joke about Yozei having to scramble back to his guards after they'd had their fun once, but she chose instead to bury the thought and shook her head. She was surprised as he eventually admitted who he was, and of course she knew his name the moment he had uttered it. She had already had her suspicions, but he confirmed them now as she nodded slightly. "I meant what I said when I stated I would not be getting you a meeting with my father. Knowing your question makes it all the more apparent that I shouldn't." She sighed as she turned to the kitchenette and started working on the tea, momentarily debating her answer to Yoru's question.

"Yes he was." she finally told him, sighing heavily as she turned to look at him.

She looked at him a moment as her mind went over the details of Kenji's records once more, and she quoted it. "Aizawa Yoru has gone from being a concern to a complication and perhaps a problem. He has the Hokage's ear, if I could turn the boy that would be an advantage. But it seems he's too much of a chivalrous self-righteous imbecile. He could put my plans in jeopardy, and I can't trust the Hokage to do what needs to be done. As much as I hate using mercenaries, they'll have to do. Even if they screw this up, perhaps they'll at least teach him a lesson. But no one can connect this to me."

Suzume lifted her eyes from the floor and looked at Yoru with a strange smile. "I've read over my father's records in detail, and have a photographic memory. That is word for word what he said on the subject of you."

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:13 pm

Strange.

Yoru had gone to all of this effort and risked everything for what?

Information, information he already, not confirmed but this didn’t change anything. All the answers she gave, were was exactly what he expected them to be. Least now he had the conformation he needed.

“I’ll find him eventually, his actions have been noted and he will be dealt with accordingly.” He said ominously, could Yoru really take on Kenji? If he could get back to himself, yes. It was perfectly possible, would he even need to know? It was a cruel world and now Yoru was in a different walk of life now, was Kenji truly to blame? No, he wasn’t. He was taking advantage of an offer Takeo had handed to him on a plate.

That was who was to blame, Natsuki, Takeo.

“I understand you want to protect your father, I’d do the same.”

Enya was held down, struggling to break free from the grasps of the physically powerful slavers “LET HIM GO!” He screamed, his voice strained, you could almost hear his vocal chords ripping it was so loud. Yoru felt the warm sticky sensation of blood pouring down his back, he could feel it pumping and swelling out of the freshly made wounds. That wasn’t the end of it though, he was getting pushed. Pushed into open flames which licked the skin of his arm, he screamed out in agony. Yoru looked at his farther, tears pouring down his own eyes, as though begging him to make them stop.
He came to the realisation that his hero wasn’t invincible after all, he was just a man, a powerless man.
Yoru continued to be pushed into the flames, the pain was overwhelming he almost passed out. The flames had engulfed his arm and shoulder, warping his skin. His face, edging closer and closer to the open flame.

Enya ripped free from the grasp of the slavers, charging forward swinging his large frame at the man holding Yoru in the fire pit.

Even men could be heroes.

Looking down at the warped skin on his hand, he pulled out the black gloves from his pocket and slipped them on. His gaze fell back on Suzume, as he looked her up and down and nodded “Thank you for the information.” He muttered softly, a gentle scoff escaped his lips Chivalrous self-righteous imbecile, perhaps I should introduce myself as that. Has a better ring to it than Daremo.” he slowly walked forward towards her “I must ask you, for now. Keep my payment to yourself. Aizawa, Yoru must not leave your lips.” His eye narrowed, It certainly wasn’t an order. His tone made it more of a request as though he was pleading with her.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:22 pm

As Yoru spoke of her protecting her father the girl shook her head, turning as the tea kettle began to sing. She poured out a new serving of the hot liquid and offered it to Yoru before she responded to his comments. "I am not blind to who my father is." she remarked. "Of course I want to protect him, I spent most of my life an orphan, dreaming some ridiculous dream of who my real parents might be, and when I met him, hearing he was a murderer and so many worse things... it never changed how I saw him. He'll always be the one who showed up and finally owned up to who he was. And the one who saved my life when I was hunted down. But I'm no fool, his caring for me... even that only extends so far." She smirked almost darkly as she looked up at Yoru. "You want to know one of the first things he ever said about me being his child? He said if he had known my mother was pregnant with me, he would have killed her in an instant." She shook her head and leaned back against the counter, crossing her arms over her chest.

"My mother was a hunter tasked with taking him out, allying herself with him when she was dying in order to save her own life and get a better opportunity to kill him. Yet when she tried, she went mad and he killed her out of mercy. She was not herself in the least... fact is death is the only way my family shows love, so don't worry, I have no misconceptions of my father and what many like you feel they must do. I just know how unlikely any of you are to succeed."

She sighed, turning and looking at Yoru as he remarked on what her father had called him in his journal and she simply grinned. "It does sound better." she admitted, her gaze turning curious as she mentiond his name needing to be kept to herself. "Less of a payment and more of a loan then... bring me information just as valuable one day and I'll cast aside what I know. My silence is just me holding your name as... collateral then."

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:53 pm

Yoru watched Suzume carefully as she spoke, watching her trying to take in any sense of emotion. She seemed to have quite a level head about everything. She was obviously a strong woman to deal with such turmoil.

Yoru knew very little about Kenji, but it was more apparent he was a true epitome evil. To kill an innocent pregnant woman, for doing nothing but baring your own child. Strange, peculiar man. When it came to rouge shinobi, Kenji was on a far different level to Yoru. Motivated by what, insanity? Evil intent? Yoru wasn’t sure, though he pondered if he continued down this path. Would the same thing happen to him? Only time would tell.

“That’s unfortunate Suzume, a parents love is normally like no other.” He took the earthy tea handed to him and took a sip “My parents, in all honesty are perfect well as perfect as a set of parents could be.” He chuckled softly, oh how he missed them, drinking with his farther, learning to cook with his mother. They were kind, gentle and wanted nothing but the best. It must be terrible for them to find out their only son had passed away, they’d probably be more devastated to find out he’d become a rouge. "I miss them." he admitted.

His gaze met hers, he looked into her yellow eyes as she spoke “Collateral seems fair, I’ll bring you something of interest one day I’m sure.” His brow furrowed “What answers are you searching for?” Yoru asked with curiosity.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:34 pm

"My father knew how to love, just not a child. He loved my mother eventually I think. He'd kill me for saying this, but he's researching a way to manipulate space and time to go back and get a new chance with my mother." Suzume couldn't help a giggle at the thought. "For someone like him it's weirdly romantic." As she spoke of it she remembered the moment Kenji had tried that technique, and quite literally fell to pieces in front of her. But a thought occurred to her as he asked her what she searched for and she looked at him a moment.

"We both know the world could be a better place without him..." she started quietly, not adding the fact that she knew her father was out of the world already. "But if I could find someone who is a true expert in matters of space and time... we could get him gone. I could never bring myself to kill him even if I had the skills, but if he succeeds at this, he'd be gone..." She sighed, crossing her arms over her chest as she looked at Yoru a moment. In truth she wanted to know if he succeeded ,or was her father truly dead, and it would take a great deal of power for her to find out. "If you hear a whisper of someone who could solve such a problem, maybe I could get you that face to face you want..."

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:29 pm

Yoru pondered at the thought of reversing time to such an extent, going so far back that they could retrieve a life. It certainly was possible to save someone, even from death but he’d never heard anyone going back that far. “Yes, very romantic.” He mumbled so quietly; it was almost under his breath.

She offered what she needed and he took it with a simple nod “A true expert? I guess it depends what you’re looking for, I’m proficient in space and time but what you’re asking for seems next to impossible.” He placed the cup of tea to his lips and took another sip. Pondering her request “The amount of time you’re suggesting going back, in all honesty would be too much of a strain on one person alone. No one or at least, no one I know has that amount of chakra to form such a technique.” He titled his head, trying to wrack his brain around it “Of course, there are reincarnation jutsu, which I’m sure you are aware of, but they often bring back the person… not quite whole. It would require multiple men and women and a pool of chakra so big, it would make the Genma look weak.”

Was she truly suggesting that something like that was plausible, or was she suggesting something else entirely “I could ask around, though if you truly want him gone… I’m not sure we’d need such a technique? Even a man as powerful as your father, a kunai to the throat is enough to kill any man.”
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:37 pm

Suzume had plenty of responses to explain to Yoru what she was looking for, but all of them fell from the her mind as he mentioned killing Kenji. She felt herself bristle and for a moment felt her black chakra instinctually gather as if she were preparing a technique, but a moment later it was gone as she stifled that reaction as well. She gave Yoru a dark look briefly. "He's my father. I don't expect you to understand, and I get you want your revenge and you want him dead, but I will not and cannot just kill him. No matter what opportunity presents itself. If you want to stay here tonight to heal up, you'll stuff those statements into the back of your mind before I shove them up your ass."

For that brief moment Suzume didn't care who it was that stood before her, and what it might cost her if she came to blows with him. In the end she was still a daughter who missed her father, and no matter who he was she would do what she could to protect him until the very end even though the only thing she was protecting now was a memory.

Suzume stepped away from the kitchenette and walked back into her bedroom, taking a seat in the same chair as before as she ran her hands through her black hair, trying to calm herself down a bit. A short breathing exercise and she found the calm finally returning, her chakra gathering dissipating. 'No matter how good I get, the chakra still feels wild. I don't get it...'

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:12 pm

As the black chakra protruded from her, he didn’t flinch or even react to it, if she wanted him dead he’d of been dead already. It was apparent to Yoru it was nothing but a burst of aggression, the chakra left as quickly as it came.

we could get him gone

he'd be gone...

Suzume was a curious creature, she had just said she wanted her farther gone? Yoru had even offered to kill Kenji, offered it on a silver platter but she turned violent, even if it was for a fleeting moment. What is she was suggesting then?

Trapping Kenji within a realm? No, it can’t be that, that’s easy enough to do. Time travel? Was that it, send Kenji so far back he could live with the mother of his child? Be with her? That was something truly impossible, Yoru couldn’t even fathom how a technique like that could work. Though this was all just assumption, Yoru didn’t really know what Suzume wanted or even what she was suggesting. All Yoru knew right now was that he’d upset her and he couldn’t afford that.

Following her from the kitchenette into the bedroom “I’m sorry Suzume.” He whispered softly as he watched her on the chair “I owe you, you’ve given me a lot.” He placed the tea back on the nightstand and looked over his shoulder at her "So you think it would be best I stayed here? Because of concussion or something?" he looked around the small room, looking for where he'd sleep "I could always go to an inn, though I don't know of any nice ones around here. Most tend to be brothels aswell." he chuckled nervously.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:59 pm

Suzume looked up at Yoru as he apologized, only nodding in acceptance. When he came to asking about a concussion she nodded again. "Yeah. You knocked yourself out for a good while for what should have been a small knock. You shouldn't be alone." she told him, leaning back in her chair and resting her hands in her lap as she looked at him. The way he chuckled after mentioning brothels brought a grin to her lips briefly. "Yeah... every inn here is actually a brothel. If you really want to do that you technically wouldn't be alone... I'm sure one of the girls would be relieved at such an easy assignment but I doubt you want to have to pay for someone to keep an eye on you if you don't have to."

Suzume sighed heavily and looked at him a moment. "You can have the bed, I'm fine in the chair." she told him, resisting the urge to chuckle to herself at the irony. Next door to them was the headquarters for her organization Chishiki... but it was a very well kept secret. She couldn't very well show it to someone unwilling to join or unaffiliated with it. It was a shame, after all there were plenty of comfortable beds over there.

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:08 pm

Suzume seemed to come back round quite quickly, she was a puzzling woman and someone that intrigued Yoru. She’d gone from possibly attacking Yoru to now wanting to tending his wounds and offering her bed to him. “I can’t take your bed, I couldn’t let a lady sleep on a chair.” Perhaps Kenji was right, chivalry was a hard trait for the ex Konoha Bannin to shake off.

Yoru snorted at the fact when she suggested that one of the girls would watch him “I’m not sure I’d trust my life with a prostitute. Plus I don’t really head to those establishments, not my thing in the slightest.” He realised what he’d just said “NOT that I’m not into women, I didn’t mean that.” He shook his hands out in front of him and chuckled nervously “I’m not well- not that it would matter, I don’t judge for people who are-um… “ he looked up and sighed “I’m going to stop talking now.”
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:57 pm

Suzume found herself almost frustrated as he called her a lady but as she thought about how to respond, she instead fell quiet as he continued to talk and just kept digging a hole. She raised an eyebrow and watched him, chuckling as he finally chose to stop talking. She shook her head at him and sighed. "Honestly I don't care what you're into." she said, chuckling. "You're taking the bed because you're hurt and you need it." she told him, giving him a look that strongly suggested arguing was fruitless. "And before you try to insist I share it with you, I don't share beds with anyone. Too many people take that to mean something and want to play grabass."

She sighed to herself and looked at Yoru a moment, as a genuine curiosity came up in her mind. "I have to admit... well, wonder maybe... why leave Konoha behind?" she asked rather suddenly. "I've been inside. I've met several of the people there. I may hold a lot against the villages, but I have to admit Konoha felt like a damn near paradise while I was in it."

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:28 am

Yoru tilted his head as she suggested he’d suggest they’d share a bed, he snorted at the thought “There is no need to worry about that, I won’t suggest we ’play grabarse whatever that means.” He looked her over trying to work out how old she was, she looked womanly but there was still a confusion and innocence about her, which suggested to Yoru she was young, though he couldn’t be certain “That’s not what I’m looking for, you needn’t worry, plus I’m probably nearly a decade older than you.” Yoru often thought it strange how many women seemed to think Yoru would be interested in them, maybe he gave off that vibe? It always puzzled him what it was, he hoped he didn’t come across as a pervert or anything. Either way it didn’t matter now “If my presence make you feel uncomfortable, I can stay elsewhere.” he spoke honestly, he didn’t want her to think that anything sexual was his intention.

When she asked why he decided to leave Konoha, he used her own words against her “The selfish oppression of the so-called shinobi villages! They claim to be great protectors while we became the true oppressors, we make you fend for yourselves.” Taking the final sip of his earthy flavoured tea, placing the empty cup on the nightstand and shrugged “You said it yourself already. We’re meant to be the heroes, but I realised that wasn’t the truth” There was far more truth to why Yoru decided to leave the village, though in truth it wasn’t a decision he made, it was made for him.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:32 pm

Suzume shook her head as Yoru spoke of her being uncomfortable. "I have little to no interest in sex on a good day." she told him flatly. "Out here there isn't much value in such acts beyond the moment. Unless one works as a prostitute of course, which I don't." She couldn't help wrinkling up her nose a moment as she remembered Yozei. Her relationship with the Hokage's son had felt like a reprieve from the world in which she lived, but she knew that unless she lived in a village, the reprieve could only be temporary.

She was glad to turn her mind away from the subject as Yoru continued and she couldn't help a chuckle at him. "Somehow I'm guessing there's more to it than that." she said, standing as she moved back to the doorway. "You should lay down and get some rest." she told him. "I have some cleaning to do... and some business to do. If you decide you want more than revenge, that living this life is a permanent change, let me know. I might have more to offer you."

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:51 am

Yoru simply nodded as Suzume began talking about sex, and suggested she didn’t work as a prostitute. He never thought she was? Had something he said gave the impression that’s what he thought? He tried recalling their conversation and couldn’t think of anything like that. Though it didn’t really matter now, he decided not to press the matter.

She started to leaving the room and suggested he get more rest, though he wasn’t tired at the moment and didn’t feel dizzy in the slightest but, he thought it best to listen to her in this situation. Swinging his feet onto the bed, he rested his head against the bed post.

That living this life is a permanent change.

Would it be a permanent change? Yoru had always just assumed it was, going back to the village didn’t seem like an option. He’d not done anything illegal yet, he most likely could get out of this bed and walk straight back into Konoha. But, it was possible that Takeo was in on the attack that Kenji organised meaning that Yoru’s days would be numbered in the village. Either way, it didn’t matter, the rouge ninja had no intention of going back.

“Offer? I’m always looking for work.” He admitted, he was making a relatively good salary working as a Bannin and the fact that the Aizawa Ranch made quite a lot of money, now Yoru was doing a few bounties here and there to make ends meet. “I have a few things I need to… attended to, but offers are always interesting.”
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:05 pm

Suzume went to the kitchen for more tea for the both of them, and returned with it and a few snacks. She set the tray on the nightstand by the bed before taking her cup and sitting in her chair once more to look at Yoru. "Well, I run my father's organization now. He used it as a network of information that he might learn anything and everything he could for his own means. He took any members he could, though he preferred individuals with unique talents and abilities that he might gain information on unique chakra qualities, kekkei genkai, and the like from them." Suzume took a deep breath and a sip of her tea before she continued.

"As I've taken over Chishiki I've tried to turn its purpose a bit." she mentioned. "I do take in all kinds as members, everyone has value of course... but my goal is different. Of course I have my father's curiosity, I'd love to know everything I can and gather that knowledge for myself... but my goal is not just personal. The thing that these villages hold over us most of all is their knowledge. A knowledge the rest of the world has a right to, but they hold onto it and so it gives them power... I work to use Chishiki to gather as much knowledge as I can, in the hopes of spreading that knowledge. One day we will have libraries, we will have our own academies for those who have the talent to become shinobi."

Suzume lifted her eyes and fixed them on Yoru again. "That is why I asked if this is a permanent change you wish to make. This is less about offering you a single job, and more about asking if you'd consider being part of a cause. A cause that every village will hate us for as our power grows."

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:46 pm

Yoru’s gaze followed Suzume as she brought snacks and tea for him, he simply listened to her not interrupting and taking in everything she had to say very carefully. Could this girl really be the daughter of a famed monstrous missing ninja? She seemed so kindhearted, sweet and incredibly generous. How could she still be offering aid to a man who threatened to kill her farther? Now she was leading his organistation, why would she be taking over? Surely Kenji was still running it?

It dawned on Yoru that perhaps Kenji had been eliminated? He wasn’t around, she couldn’t answer where he was or least she wouldn’t and now she’s looking after his affairs and she had his diary that contained all of his information and knowledge. Though this was just a hunch, Yoru didn’t truly know. But he realised, his quest for revenge may of come to abrupt end. Though perhaps she just thought Yoru was no threat to Kenji? Which was understandable, he was a shell of the man he once was, he could barely climb through a window without knocking himself out.

As she suggested she joined Chishiki, he was puzzled, why would she suggest the he joined the organisation of the man he wanted to kill? He’d heard of the organisation, but knew very little about it. He gently shook his head “I’m sorry Suzume, I didn’t leave Konohagakure to follow another leader. I’m sure I’m even ideal for your organisation, as you can see I’m not what I once was. I need to get back to myself, I have my own goals to achieve first. Perhaps once I’ve completed them maybe.” He stroked his finger across the black material that covered his eye, his goals had to come first at least for now “Though, I’d be happy to work in a freelance sense. Throw me some ryo and send me out on my merry way.” He chuckled softly. He hoped she’d understand, that being lead by someone else wasn’t quite what he was looking for. At least not yet.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Willoria

Where is he then?

Post by Willoria » Fri May 01, 2020 9:29 am

Suzume listened to what Yoru had to say, nodding slowly as most of what he said was about what she had expected. "If I think of something I'll do that." she remarked as he spoke of freelancing. "Keep an eye out, maybe you'll see or hear about something I'd be interested in anyway, and that I could pay you for as well." she said, sighing to herself quietly as she sipped her tea.

She knew she could have told him about the building next door, tried to entice him with a better bed or the rooms she kept as temporary quarters for members. But she doubted that would change Yoru's mind about joining, and in truth she didn't usually try to recruit that way. Was a man really loyal to an offer of a bed? Of shelter or a room? She didn't see that as inspiring loyalty and so never used it to bait a new member, and she wasn't going to start now. "Get some rest." she finally told him, standing. "I'll be back up to check on you in a bit." she added before heading downstairs.

TheLacarix

Where is he then?

Post by TheLacarix » Fri May 01, 2020 11:35 am

Intel gathering and freelance work certainly was something Yoru was happy to do, specially if it paid and funds were what he needed right now, his goals required money, everything required money, it made the world go round. He pondered why was Suzume asking him to join her organisation? She barely knew him and he had little to no skills to offer, not in his current state. Had she become desperate? No, that wasn’t it.

Alone.

That’s what she was, he was even more confident Kenji wasn’t around. If he was, she wouldn’t need him, though Kenji had suggested in his notes that Yoru be recruited so perhaps it was that? Though it seemed unlikely.

Suzume got up and turned, leaving to attend to something it didn’t matter what, Yoru needn’t know. Before she left he said “Suzume, thank you." and with that she was gone, leaving him alone to rest. Placing the cup to his mouth, he finished off the rest of his tea and placed it on the nightstand.

Unbuttoning his shirt, exposing the flogging marks on his back, wounds so deep they can never be repaired, they were part of him now, forever. Though even if they could be healed, it’s not something he’d want to repair, it was a reminder of who he was. Slipping off his eyepatch, again exposing another wound his finger gently pressing against the closed over skin, this was a wound he didn’t want, a wound he’d repair, a wound that would be replenished with his revenge of Konoha.
His next step.

Laying in the bed, he pulled the duvet over himself, closing eye. Drifting into a slumber.

phpBB [video]

Darkness. Nothing else, but that and Yoru slowly stepping forward his gaze locked forward.

A white orb could be seen just in the distance, slowly stepping forward his hand edging towards it. As he came closer, the white orb was attached to a man, bound on his knees, covered in blood. A Hyuuga, Yoru bounded over him, his bandaged fingers edging closer and closer to his eyes, the Byakugan the famed dojutsu of Konohagakure No sato.

The Hyuuga screamed out in agony as Yoru’s fingers pushed past the eye into the socket, covering his bandage in blood. Yanking it out, the optic nerve snagging against the brain of Soujirou as Yoru snapped it from it’s grasp.

Holding it in his hands, a smile crept across his face. It was done, he finally had it. His revenge.

He felt something, someone staring at him. Stretching his neck, only daring to glance over his shoulder.

Eyes, all staring at him. Turning round to face them, the eyes came into focus. All white, all beautiful. All attached to a Hyuuga.

Aina, Makoto, Rei, Taku, Kimara, Jisai, Hisei, Hinori, Yamatsuki, Taiyo, Himiko and more, staring at him, with disgust on their faces. Nothing but pure hatred. The Byakugan fell from his finger tips, falling through a pit of darkness. Tears streamed down his face, the Hyuuga one by one stepped closer and closer to him. Stepping backwards in a panic, tripping over The Man his powerful arms wrapping and Yoru holding him in place. The Hyuugas charged towards him like a pack of dogs for a scrap meat, clawing at him, scratching him, gouging out his eye. A deathly scream escaped Yorus lips.

Yoru gasped, his eye flicked open. Tears leaving a track down his cheek, his chest heaving, his breath heavy and raspy as he trembled,sweat trickled down his back. He wasn't quite sure where he was, the evening had arrived and it was difficult to see. He gaze frantically darted across the room, trying to recollect where he was. His eye fell to Suzume was sat in the chair across from him, her faint yet heavy breathing rung through his ears as she slept.

She kept her word and watched over him. It all came back to him.

Could he really do what needed to be done? Was this the man Yoru was truly supposed to be.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru