[Graded]Feralis

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

[Graded]Feralis

Post by Das Kirb » Sun May 03, 2020 11:42 pm

Hide sat with his hands in his lap. The clearing around him was almost too beautiful to witness. After such horrors as the past months, finding a land so forgiving and beautiful was beyond his dreams. The gentle roll of the stream played with the birdsong to create music befitting hallowed halls. Titanic hands rubbed each other, working the oncoming cramps from hard work out. An errant nail popped a blister causing a groan of mild agitation. "Need me gloves, lass. Hands don't mend like yours." he said with a slight smile as Katsu dropped a freshly slain elk near piled firewood. "Don't suppose ye'd care iffen I use some of that hide to make a pair, would ye?"

Katsu, stretching and flexing her arms and shoulders, shrugged in answer. Her gaze traveled across the landscape. Her nostrils flared a few times before returning to the kill. "I'm not going to use it and Arsa doesn't need anything. Do whatever you need." With that she analyzed the carcass and picked it up by the neck. In her free hand she gripped the beast by the belly and squeezed, wrapping the skin up in her fingers. A swift yank and much of the skin had come lose of the meat. Another and much more hung lose. She bit off each hoof and used a nail to puncture the neck, flipping the beast upside down and holding it to drain the blood into a small dirt hole. "Aye, thank ye. And ye need to teach me that trick. Guessin we could pull the skin off like a shirt now." A wry smile crossed the beastia's face as she nodded.

Kori's signature scent of smoke preceded his arrival. The earthbound dragon placed his armor and weapon neatly against the rock Hide was sitting on, prompting the big man to get up and start arranging the wood into a good fire pit. "Any news?" the titan asked as Kori took his place, wringing his hands and flexing his wings. "There's a waterfall about a mile in both directions. Maybe 30 feet drop downstream. Upstream a 100 foot cliff side. Found a few areas we could take cover in until a better place is made." the dragon said in a flat, matter of fact, tone. "It'd serve us better to go a few miles through the trees. There's a small group of families with shelter set up. Would be night's sport to be rid of them." this he said with a slight sneer. Hide finished arranging the wood and stood up, stretching his back and looking off into the distance towards the mentioned settlement, pointedly showing no reaction. "Aye, you've a point. . . However, ye be wanting ta stroke yer lizard dick more 'an making a smart move. Take it from me, lad. Leave the locals alone and they'll help ye most times. Specially if ye help em. "

Anori returned with a small basket filled to bursting with sever berries and herbs as if to punctuate the statement. "Wise words. A knife traded for hooks, line, sage, blueberries and some spices is a good trade." She entered the clearing and deposited the basket near the fire, drawing the fishing hooks and line to emphasize her triumph. An almost child-like grin crossed her face, contrasting the age lines starting to set into it. She stood and put a hand on Katsu's shoulder, causing the feral woman to glance down at her mother before holding the elk out further. A swift flick of the wrist brought a small pocket knife from its sheath. Anori deftly cut a line around the elk's neck before slitting it up the middle to finish being cleaned. "They're good people though seem to be hiding something. You might be right to distrust them, but I see no reason to run them off just yet." With a glance at the dragon she moved to stand beside her husband, positively being dwarfed in comparison, as the two hugged and settled in beside the as of yet unlit fire.

The final member of the party, Arsa, joined them as Kori had let a small gout of dragon's flame start their campfire. She carried a knife and was clothed in a skirt made from rabbit pelts. Her handmade wicker basket was filled with meat and mushrooms, as well as some small fish. "I find this place comfortable. Would I ask to stay, at least for a while, and speak with this place. Just west is a carved stone wall that honor the spirits of this land. I wish to do the same and enjoy some peace. Her voice was raised with delight as a slight bounce clearly accompanied each step. A soft smile was had as she locked eyes with each of them as if waiting for an answer, to which they all looked towards the titanic man, who locked eyes with Katsu. "Yer girly has spoken, lass. I say we stay here too. We've surely lost the reaper by now an could use a year's respite ta build some resources. Final call is yers 'course."

Katsu, having satisfactorily cleaned and bled the elk, and deposited of the skin near water's edge, looked at her dad. Contemplation furrowed the brow as she looked at each of their faces. Her mother and dad considered the situation clearly. Kori's face was even aged and worn from exhaustion. As the primal beast's eyes fell upon Arsa her heart skipped a beat. Arsa had closed the distance and placed a hand on her chest, silently and smoothly. The two locked eyes as a silent pleading took place. Finally, Katsu dropped the elk and nodded affirmative, causing a significantly smaller woman to throw herself at her and sending toppling them both to the grass. The gathered family sighed in relief. Even the tyrant's temper was noticeably missing.

TheLacarix

Feralis

Post by TheLacarix » Fri May 15, 2020 6:47 pm

“Did you hear about it?”

“What?”

“The thing in the forest, the beast.”

“I heard, sounds like a load of s**t to me!”

“It’s not, I’ve seen it. Big beast roaming the woods, over ten feet tall, huge fangs, green fur that trails across the floor!”

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah!”

“Did it see you?”

“I don’t know, I got out of their quicker than your wife drops her knickers.”

The two men laughed merrily at one another, clinking their glasses of beer as they took a mouthful each. It was apparent that one of the men was a hunter, a bow leaning against the bar and a quiver over his back. They continued to chattering away and seemed to of moved on completely from The Beast

In the corner of the room was a man dressed in a green haori, his feet up on another chair while he sat back, his head in a book and a straw hat over his brow as he listened intently. It was obvious to Yoru that the hunter was obviously exaggerating his story a ten foot beast seemed unlikely. Though if Yoru’s memory served him correctly, their was a host of a Genma from Kirigakure who loosely fit the description this man was describing.

Artemisu, Katsu

A powerful woman that he’d only heard a little about whilst he was training as a Genma Guardian himself, what as a Genma doing all the way out here, on her own? Yoru didn’t know much about Kirigakure but he knew most villages kept a keen eye on their Genma and didn’t often let them wander too far. Was she now a missing ninja? Certainly possible. Though Yoru was running off with his own thoughts, he wasn’t even sure if this Beast was even Katsu. It was just an assumption, but not many people came close to a description like that.

His eye fell onto the emerald charm that hung from his bracelet, he mind raced to the young boy he’d recently met and the new group they planned to form. Perhaps if Katsu was around and a missing she could possibly be interested? Though it seemed unlikely, from Yoru’s intel she didn’t play well with others. Though of course that was a long time ago and people could certainly change. He didn’t even know if he’d want her in the group or if Shio would agree to work with a MN from Kiri. Either way it didn’t really matter. It would be at least worth meeting the woman he’d heard so much about.

Pushing his hands into his green haori, his hands resting under his armpit and dragging himself up from the chair he stepped over to the man.

“Hello.” Yoru said, with a warm gentile smile across his face, his eye softly closed together “I heard you mentioning a beast?” The Man nodded for a moment “What’s it to you?” the hunter said with a somewhat aggressive tone “You think you’re a hunter huh? Gonna take down the big beast.”

Yoru’s gentile smile didn’t slip not even for a moment “No, no I’m just curious. Where did you see it last.” The man sighed “In the woods, obviously.” Yoru smiled, realising the man wouldn’t give him anymore information, he could use genjutsu but it seemed a waste of chakra “The woods you say? Thank you for the information I’ll go look there first.” He said with sincerity, or at least that’s what it appeared. He turned on his heels and headed to the door of the Inn, ready to leave.

“That guy is a weirdo.”

“Super weird.”

“Hey- you know, the beast will snap a twig like you in two right?”

The pair boomed with laughter, clinking their glasses again. Yoru looked over his shoulder and smiled “I’m sure I’ll be fine.” And with that he was gone, heading towards the woods as the man had suggested.

Sometime had passed at it was starting to get late, the sun was starting to set as Yoru moved through the forest. A pillar of smoke could be seen out in the distance. Could that be where Katsu was? Resting in a camp in the woods? Yoru continued walking towards the source of the smoke, not even trying to hide his steps, it was likely she already knew he was on his way. He began to even sing, softly so that it was clear he was coming. His voice rung high and quite beautiful, it was almost soothing to anyone who’d listen.

“Oh the earth is filled with beauty and it’s gather all together, in the form and face and dainty grace of a pretty Konoha girl. Have you ever seen the girls in Suna, where the sun rises high. When the dew is upon kiri, where the girls will make you cry. Oh she’s my one my darlin one, her eyes are sparkling full of fun, no other, no other can match the likes of her.”

He song run out as he edged closer and closer to the camp.
CharactersShow

The White Eyed Demon of the Leaf
Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Das Kirb

Feralis

Post by Das Kirb » Tue May 19, 2020 5:56 pm

Katsu wrapped Arsa in her arms and the two embraced in comfortable bliss. As the titanic woman sat back up, she wrapped the smaller girl in arms, wing, and tail, holding her close and gently stroking her head and soft face. The gathered others looked on with soft smiles at just how peaceful their beastia appeared in such a place, with such a person. Even the tyrrent's mouth curled in a grin, if sarcastically so. The tender moment was somewhat short lived though. Soft singing could be heard on the wind.

Almost in unison they looked in the direction of the singing. Kori in particular took a few steps towards it, retrieved his weapon, and stood as if to greet whoever would come wandering through the trees. A large hand on the dragon's shoulder told him to stand down as Bear quietly pointed at the situation. "Calm down, lad. Not a soul is stupid enough to bring hostility while announcing themselves like that." Katsu sniffed the air as her fingers played with Arsa's hair, who in turn did the same. "He's lightly armed." As the man got closer her feral instincts started to flare up though, hunger beginning to swell as a very light crimson cloak began to form. Arsa placed a hand over the woman's belly and gently rubbed in reassurance, allowing the feral woman to reclaim her instincts. "Huge chakra.

"Rest and be still, my love. Should our guest prove a threat you can eat. Until then we shall welcome them as kin. Let the shard not consume you, for you'd consume the world in turn." Katsu relaxed further as Arsa nuzzled into her neck, reluctant to leave her position of comfort. A delicate hand did lower the wing that covered vision though. Should this newcomer prove friendly a smiling painted face would greet him in return. "I wish I understood how you do that, dear. Would have saved her many a scar." Anori said. "Either way. . . Hey! If you're tired or hungry you're welcome to the fire. We were just about to throw some fresh elk on to roast. There's more than enough to share."

TheLacarix

Feralis

Post by TheLacarix » Tue May 19, 2020 7:11 pm

Yoru moved closer and closer to the pillar of smoke, his tune now coming to a halt as he stepped through into the opening into the woods. The smell hit him almost instantly, the smell of a large group of bodies that often happened when a group lived in close proximity often a smell a group would get used to. The smell of freshly smelled game filled the air, a smell Yoru certainly was used to, it didn’t put him too at ease.

He was shocked that five people were all in the woods together like this, they could certainly afford a home it wouldn’t be difficult and someone with Katsu’s skills could easily make a killing quite literally on a bounty scene. Though it was likely a preference for the group, not one that Yoru would judge.

He smiled with an open, yet tentative smile as a man greeted him “Ah thank you.” He muttered, completely bemused by the situation “I’m fine for elk, I’ve recently eaten in the town.” He admitted, with a slight nervous chuckle.

It was apparent almost immediately that the organisation he was forming would like be of no interest in Katsu, she wouldn’t need a safety net of a rouge shinobi organisation. He was a little overwhelmed by the vast amount of people and didn’t want to be rude to anyone, but his interest was meeting ‘Katsu’

“Aizawa, Yoru.”
He introduced himself, with a slight bow of the head, not really expecting Katsu to know his name, he was rather notorious in the land of fire and was in the bingo book, though not anymore. He was presumed dead and likely forgotten by many. “I heard there were rumours of someone in the forest, I put two and two together. Not many people fit your description, Katsu.” Making it clear he was aware of who she was.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Das Kirb

Feralis

Post by Das Kirb » Thu May 21, 2020 4:10 pm

Arsa and Katsu broke off from their cuddling for a brief moment as the titanic woman looked up at him. Predatory eyes scanned him carefully as she licked her lips. The gentle curves of muscle and tissue looked delicious, but his overwhelming chakra was even more delectable. Primal instinct began to take her once more as a soft growl began to emanate from her chest. Arsa once again quelled her bloodlust with a gentle hand, though even her eyes now locked with this newcomer with distrust.

Bear was the one to break the tension. "You'll have ta fergive me girl. We've reason to distrust anyone coming knowin names. I place bet ye bring no malice though else ye'd not have announced yerself." He got up and extended a hand in his customary greeting, revealing it to be empty and no sleeves for which to hide a weapon. The massive hammer sitting behind him made it clear no weapon of his could be hidden either. "My name is Hidetsuga. Call me whatever ye like. The lizard is Kori and this is me wife Anori." He clapped the significantly smaller woman on the shoulder and gave a soft smile to her. "You already know me girl over there. The smaller one hiding in her arms is Arsa."

Arsa stood out of Katsu's grasp who relinquished it relunctantly. She strode over and offered her hand palm up. "Your pressense is known, and I see you. Make your intentions clear so we may know you. If you thirst or hunger, ask and we shall nourish you. Here, you are our guest so let us embrace you as kin." To this she smiled at the newcomer before dropping her hand, customary greeting done. Kori and Anori simply took up comfortable seats, after Anori provided a stump for Yoru to enjoy the fire upon.

TheLacarix

Feralis

Post by TheLacarix » Fri May 22, 2020 5:55 pm

Katsu’s large eyes lingered over Yoru, staring down Yoru and licking her lips as though he was a fresh pork bun. His hazel eyes met hers, a smile fell across his face, he’d encountered powerful foes before and Katsu would be no exception to that, he titled his head wondering what her next step would be, would she plan to attack him? Possible, he’d heard of her immense physical strength and speed, but many in his circle were as powerful as her, just as he was himself. He felt no fear at this moment in time, he simply replied with a wink.

“Oh, it’s no problem. All is forgiven.”
He said with a shrug, he wasn’t expecting Katsu to trust him nor did he trust her, why would they? They were at one enemies, never in the battle field but at least in principle due to their respected villages. “It’s nice to meet you all. replied Yoru, as the woman known as Arsa bounded over to him. He looked at her oddly for a moment, he’d never met anyone who spoke like that “I’m in no need of um, kin or nourishment as I already said I ate before I came. Thank you anyway.” Something felt very off about this entire situation and made Yoru feel a little on edge “My intentions? Katsu of course. No hunting mind, I’m not a village shinobi, least not anymore.” He yawned loudly, stretching out his arms before they fell to the back of his head.

I guess curiosity brought me here, I’ve heard of Katsu, I studied Teknjutsu jutsu I was the guardian of a jinchuriki, quite some time ago. Meeting more spirts and their hosts are always interesting.” Yoru’s gaze fell across the tree’s as though pretending to see how far away they were from water country “I assume you are no longer a host though; I don’t imagine Kirigakure are fond of their jinchuriki running around so freely.” He said with curiosity, wondering what had happened to Katsu. His entire question was directed to her directly, in hopes to create some interaction with her, as pleasant as her companions seemed, Yoru wasn’t there for them.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Das Kirb

Feralis

Post by Das Kirb » Mon May 25, 2020 2:43 am

Sensing dismissal, Bear sat back down and looked towards his daughter who eyes narrowed before falling to the bloody earth before her. Arsa moved to place a hand on her shoulder. As Katsu took the shaman's hand a a large sigh broke the silence. She looked up at Arsa now and waved for her to back up. As the smaller girl did so the beast planted the sharpened bone points of her wings into the earth along with her tail, hoisting her body up to feet smoothly. Her chest puffed out in a display of power and dominance, though the liquid crimson cloak manifesting around her was perhaps more visually striking.

"My god was stolen." The cloak made manifest more completely to prove a point. "He was trapped by pups who fancy themselves masters of life and death." The words dripped from her mouth laced with such venom as to make a serpent blush. "What took his place is a shard of his. . . magnificence. A reminder. The flora Katsu touched began to wilt and die as the parasite devoured its life essence. "So no. I'm not a Jinch. I'm not on their fucking leash either. Arsa can tell you about spirits. She's had a few in her. She knows a hell of a fucking lot more than I ever did." she dismissed the parasitic cloak and took several deep breaths, noticing all eyes turned to her. "If you want to know about a god, I'll tell you. Least his name can get the fuck out of that prison."

TheLacarix

Feralis

Post by TheLacarix » Wed May 27, 2020 8:22 am

When finally everyone finally dismissed them self, finally understand why Yoru was truly here. He wasn’t here to play kin or have fun round a campfire, he was here to meet Katsu and her tale. It wasn’t often a shinobi of the leaf got to meet a kunoichi of the mist, least not in the heat of battle. Katsu seemed to be puffing her chest out as though to try and intimidate Yoru and manipulating crimson chakra around herself. His eyes rolled at her, he was puzzled why she was trying to be dominate over him, he’d offered no ill will so far. Though in Yoru’s experience, those were truly the weakest people felt the need to be intimidating, it made them feel big and powerful, something Yoru wasn’t interested in, nor was he interested in a figurative d*ck measuring contest. A smile fell across Yoru’s face, looking Katsu directly in the eye, showing to her he felt no fear. If she truly wanted to fight, Yoru would oblige. Though he suspected she wasn’t looking for a fight either and it was likely a show of bravado.

Yoru leaned back on a near by tree, resting his head against the bark. He might as well get comfortable while she told her story. When she finally finished speaking, she spoke in such a curious way, he’d never met anyone who spoke with such a turn of phrase, though he guessed Katsu was a peculiar person, it wasn’t overly surprising that a giant woman who ran around naked in the woods, would speak in such a strange way. He was bewildered at the thought of a spirit being a god, Yoru didn’t believe in gods but if he didn’t the Genma certainly weren’t them. Though to Yoru the Genma could be dominated and chained down with his chakra, so perhaps his outlook was different on them.

“Well that was dramatic.” Yoru muttered with a grin “Spirits, I know. Curious that you’d let them take your God? I’m not a religious man myself but I imagine those who are would do anything for them. How did they take it from you?” He pondered, not caring if it was a sensitive topic, all of Yoru’s niceties would be thrown out of the window the moment Katsu tried to intimidate him, he’d come with nothing but good intentions and she’d marred that now.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Das Kirb

Feralis

Post by Das Kirb » Fri May 29, 2020 3:59 am

"I was drowned. The words escaped her after a deep breath. "I was suffocated and kept alive only to be chained." Arsa had seen the distress building on Katsu and moved to calm the feral woman. However, Katsu merely grabbed her shoulder and nodded. Bear looked at his daughter with mournful eyes as well, along with Anori. The horror of that day was still etched cleanly into their minds. Even Kori's head hung low in shame at the remembrance. "A coward's strike to bring low the broken." Kori's voice hissed in low whispers. "Aye, lad. Truth spoken."

Bear clasped the dragon on his shoulder, pulling the wyrm into an embrace. Kori offered no resistance as the titan held him in comfort before releasing and standing beside like a father would a son. Katsu did the same as her father, standing at his other side in solidarity. "We did what we could." Anori looked on at the three. The wound Katsu and Kori shared of that day was echoed by Bear. Anori had no imagine of the horror, merely the haunting image of their faces. "The council had chosen her to be host of Vorashu, the Katagenma. My line is. . . uniquely wild. Her father was moreso." She looked at Yoru, flashing a hint of the same feral nature Katsu possessed to prove the point. "When she and the genma melded almost too perfectly it created a runaway effect. She grew more feral by the day and challenged them. . ."

"The bastards and whores in those chairs needed to be challenged." Katsu screamed before reigning herself in. With another deep breath she took a step back to collect. Anori, seizing the moment spoke softly. "You're not wrong, darling. But might alone doesn't do everything. It's Kiri we're talking about. Lethality is their goal, not strength." Katsu literally bit her tongue before snapping back, causing blood to drip from the corner of her lip before Arsa cleaned it up and once again went about calming the woman. Anori returned her attention to Yoru. "The caught her and Kori while fishing and ambushed them, or so I'm told. Apparently three died in the ambush but aToukai and Fushinkou was able to restrain her. An Aisu began to freeze her over, preventing her from metamorphosis. Afterwards they drowned the both of them. Kori, being a spirit on this world naturally, simply went back. She, however. . ."

"She got taken to have Vorashu removed. . . After. . ." Bear looked at his daughter with deep regret and sympathy in his eyes. "Even chained to a fucking wall and branded I still ripped that fucker's face off and ate it." Katsu said, pure malice lacing her voice undercut by pain. "Aye. They did the ritual to remove 'im from her and she was left fer dead. I was told she was found dead over the lake. Her body supposed to have already been destroyed. Soon as I 'eard that knew somethin was off. Sure enough, she had shown up at 'ome lookin a corpse." Having regained a bit of herself Katsu once again looked at Yoru and stepped forward, brushing Arsa away. "The god of life left a parting gift. A reminder and a challenge. A shard of himself. Left me with what you see here, as well as a few other things." She flapped her wings and whipped her tail to punctuate the point. Her eyes flashed with liquid red chakra to do the same. "I'll be getting him out of there though."

TheLacarix

Feralis

Post by TheLacarix » Sun May 31, 2020 9:57 am

Yoru’s gaze flicked from person to person as they spoke over each other, in a very confusing incoherent manner. Taking it in turns to growl or give him some strange look. Yoru was finding it difficult to listen to all of these people at once, especially with Katsu screaming over the top, he raised his hands up as though to ask them to pause “This is beginning to bore me.” He said with a stern, clear voice “It’s very difficult when you are all talking over each other, I only have one set of ears.” He scoffed in annoyance, he was starting to grow weary of this group, or kin as they called themselves.

It was apparent to Yoru that Katsu had no need of allies, even if she was it was likely she wasn’t a good match for Kishikaisei, Shio and Yoru were calm and collected, they didn’t scream like beasts in the woods. He was starting to tire of this group and the way the conducted themselves, he’d collected a small amount of information, it was apparent that Katsu was planning to head back to Kirigakure and likely steal the Genma, something that may interest Shio.

Yoru yawned loudly at Katsu as she flicked her tail and flapped her wings, red chakra rushing to her eyes as she stepped closer to him. He wondered what her intentions were with such actions, Yoru thought it was more to reassure herself, a show of strength to create confidence in herself for her attempts to steal the Genma back. Either way it didn’t matter, the entire interaction had bored Yoru “Well, I think I’ve seen enough. You and your kin enjoy yourself.” He snorted as he spoke, stroking his finger across one of the charms on his bracelet, disappearing in an instant. Leaving the group to their own devices.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru