“Flour, check.”

“Butter, check!”

“Sugar, yup.”

"Eggs, 6, I’ll save some for breakfast.””

“Milk, check.”

“Mixed fruit, mhmm.”

“Vanilla pods, two.”

“Spices, uhh, yeah that’s everything.”

The bygone Bannin of Konoha, known as Yoru mumbled to himself as he scratched each item off a list with a pencil. Placing it behind his ear, he rolled up his sleeves and unravelled the bandage around his right arm, tying it in a neat knot. He had found an old abandoned in ‘Fur Country’ it was a quaint cottage with all the facilities that Yoru would need. In the kitchen was a large clay furnace, pulling it open Yoru placed some kindling and produced ration sparks from his finger, the kinetic energy set light to the kindling.

Whilst the furnace came up to temperature, he pulled out a large bowl placing it on the work tope and throwing in the flour, sugar, mixed spices and finally the butter. His fingers pressed into the bowl, breaking the ingredients down until it had a ‘sand’ like texture. Throwing in the mixed fruit, he stirred the last of the dried ingredients together. Pushing his fingers into the middle, he made a well, a large like cavity of the dried ingredients, poured in the milk and two eggs, leaving them in the well, he placed the two vanilla pods on the worktop and withdrew a kunai, using it as a knife, dragging it across to get out the innards and throwing it in the bowl.

Taking a large wooden spoon and beating the wet and dry ingredients together, however it seemed a tad too dry. Yoru picked up the pitcher of milk and slowly splashed in milk continuously and continued to stir until the mixture was just the right consistency.

Pulling out a large metal tray, Yoru covered it in butter, spooning out individual portions of the dough and placing them on the tray, making the perfect sized rock cakes. Opening up the clay furnace, he waved his hand over it making sure it was hot enough. Placing the tray in the oven and closing the door, he’d now have to sit and wait for the rock cakes to cook.

Whilst they cooked, Yoru needed to work on something else. His disguise. Slamming his hands together, nonchalantly weaved a sequence of hand seals, a warm surge of chakra poured through him, he felt his spine shorten and bend his knees wobbled, wrinkles ripped through his skin, his hair turned dark and grey. Yoru had transformed into an old woman, tying up his or perhaps it should be hers, grey hair in a tight knot. Pulling at a piece of black material, Yoru threw it over himself like a shawl. Channelling chakra towards his larynx.

“Laaah.”

“Laahhh."

“Laaaahhhh.”

“Laaahhhh.”

“Lah, lah. Lah.”

He altered his voice in such a way, that it perfectly replicated that of an old woman. He had the looks, the clothes, the mannerisms and now the voice. All he needed now was the cakes.

Slipping open the furnace, a rush of heat hit him in the face. He squinted slightly and looked through flames, taking in the rock cakes. They were a perfect golden brown. Grabbing a cloth, he wrapped it around the tray and pulled them out and placed them on the worktop. Taking one, he bounced it between his fingers trying to move around the heat so he didn’t burn himself, taking a small bite, the sweet crumble of cake fell into his mouth.

“Perfect.” his eyes widened as he heard his voice, taking him by surprise. A soft chuckle escaped his lips, pulling out a basket he lined it with a checked piece of material and placed each one of the cakes in the basket, wrapping it up neatly. Taking a piece of paper, he neatly wrote a note, which said

Dear Tatsuo

I hope you Are well, it was a please meeting you before.
I wonder if you Recall when we last met.
Would you Entertain me, by Meeting me where we last met.
HOpefully you'll be there.

I'll be waiting.

The clue certainly wasn’t cryptic, it was apparent and obvious. But to anyone who didn’t know the name Daremo it would mean nothing. Only a few people knew of Yoru’s alias, it was a moniker he wasn’t using anymore. Now he’d revealed himself to Konohgagakure there was no need. He neatly folded over the letter and placed it within the basket.

Some time later, Yoru disguised as an old woman scuttered around a pub very close between the Fur Country & Rock Country somewhere Yoru would expect to find Iwagakure Shinobi passing through, hopefully some easily manipulated low level chuunin who wouldn’t ask too many questions.

“And yeah, so I got this one guy in a headlock and just started wailing on him.”

Bingo

Yoru found his target, a group of knucklehead Chuunin all wearing Iwa Flak jackets making jokes, probably about rocks, assumed Yoru. Hunching over, he added a slight shake and made his way over to the group of young men.

“Excuse me, excuse me I wonder if you could help me?”

The group of Chunnin all nudged each other, muttering and chuckling. Probably about rocks again, before nudging one of them forward.

“Whatcha want?”

“Oh, well I’m looking for a man.”

“Look out!”

“She’s your type!”

The chunnin all knocked back their heads, laughing obnoxiously loud.

“A man?” Asked the one up front wondering what she meant.

“Yes, a man. From your village, Tatsuo I believe he’s called, tall man very handsome. My daughter fancied him you know, but I told her he’s far too good looking for her.”

Yoru looked the young Chunnin up and down as though to be taking him in.

“You’d be suitable though, not too good looking. Better to have an ugly one, they won’t run away.”

The group behind started to laugh again, even louder this time. They must of seen a particularly funny rock, thought Yoru.

“What do you want with Tatsuo?” Asked the chunnin, trying to talk over his friends laughter, Yoru offered out the basket of cakes.

“I’d just like to thank him, he helped my family and I. We don’t have much, but I made him some cakes and my daughter wrote him a letter.” Said Yoru with his croaky, old ladies voice “Don’t read it, she’ll be embarrassed!” he said with a chuckle.

The chunnin looked at the basket for a moment, slightly confused. Yoru pushed the basket into his hand “If you make sure he gets it, I’ll make sure you bake you a batch.” The chunnin still looked confused

They are rock cakes, you understand? Not rocks, but rock cakes!” Yoru said very slowly and carefully not to confuse the poor Iwagakure Shinobi, who took the basket and backed away.

“I’ll make sure he gets it.” Muttered the chunnin, seeming very confused about the whole situation. Yoru smiled and nodded, thanking the Chunnin and shake his hand. Turning on his heels, he left the group behind and the Fur Country hoping that the message would get to Tatsuo.

Yoru’s hard work was finally coming all together, the Bannin of Iwagakure was the last piece of the puzzle.
CharactersShow

The White Eyed Demon of the Leaf
Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru