Bazaar Sale [Graded]

Hiroki/Yoru

Trubbishguy

Bazaar Sale [Graded]

Post by Trubbishguy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:08 pm

Hiroki Kinoko stood patiently at a small, shoddy stand which consisted of a tiny table and the chair he sat at. The Kinoko had been to enough of these and saw enough success at them that he felt he didn’t have to approach people with bargains. Everyone wanted good health, everyone wanted food, so everyone wanted his ‘special mushrooms’. Sure, when someone was dying he would use his Blessing, but for the most part he would just give some from his own garden. On the table, there were various mushrooms with tiny pictures carved in wood by them. There was a handful of shiitake beside a wooden plus sign, a collection of chaga in front of an image of a cup, and many more of these pairs sprawled out on the table. So far, he’d managed to score some meals for the week, bartering with a farmer until he managed to trade three day’s worth of ‘smart mushrooms’ (which in all truth, were a unique type of Lion’s Mane which packed more of an immediate punch than the mushrooms were used to) for ten ears of corn. He was also expecting dried meat from the partner of a hunter, who he gave some “muscle mushrooms” (Lingzhi with a similar treatment).

Even though he kept his Blessing covered by his cloak, he still heard murmurs of his family name from traders. It meant something different now, after learning about ‘kekkei genkai’. He wasn’t part of a chosen legacy… He simply had a tool. The same tool his mother had, and the same tool that gave him a full garden and anything worth bartering away. He was fortunate. That was all it was. These people that he was trading to simply lost the lottery of life. They had to work, and farm, and struggle and sweat, and fight. And Hiroki simply didn’t. He could focus hard enough and exert a bit of effort and make spore clouds or mushrooms that could nurse the injured to health pop out of his shoulder.

It wasn’t fair, but neither was that very gift taking the life away from his mother. But that was just it. It wasn’t a gift, it was a tool, and like any tool, it could be sought after and abused. It was a bit haunting to think that the very men who killed Hiroki’s mother found her at markets such as these. It was even more scary that if he were attacked at this very second, he wouldn’t be able to do anything about it. He was weak until he learned how to use every aspect of his tool perfectly. Before, he’d always found his mushrooms getting used along with bandaids.

He needed to know how to use it beside a knife.

That would take time and resources, so he would continue investing slowly in his vengeance plot. It wouldn’t happen overnight, but he hoped he would talk with Aimi of the Kaguyas some more. The Kinoko also made a note to keep his eye out for anyone trading anything that could help him. He’d tried getting his hands on some of the butcher’s tools from his partner but she didn’t want to give anything away.

Hiroki’s mind had been in a fog ever since the man in the sky dropped down to say hello. He came with the burden of perspective. The world of Kaguyas and ‘kekkei genkais’ was one so totally removed from The Land of Plains and Sea. The powers in the world beyond were fascinating, but frightening. There were probably bigger issues than the Suisen, ones that could bring about total destruction. And Hiroki would be powerless to stop it.

He was too busy with his head in the clouds that he would fail to take notice of the potential customer in front of him.

TheLacarix

Bazaar Sale

Post by TheLacarix » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:05 pm

Nothing had quite hit like the humid warmth of The Country of Plains and Seas as the sun cascaded down, lighting up his pale skin, hiding his features. His hands pushed into his green haori, moving the fabric away from his skin trying to desperately cool down. The Ex Bannin of Konohagakure was flustered and exhausted, he’d being traveling for quite some time in search of a Doctor

Yoru had finally managed steal the bloodline of the famed Hyuuga clan of Konoha, the white eye was in a small container hidden within his sash. He’d gone through a lot to get it and even had to fight off two of the most powerful shinobi in the world to retrieve it. Though now it was useless, it didn’t matter what power it contained he couldn’t do a thing with it. All of his hard work, risking his life, all for nothing.

He had a few contingency plans, firstly he’d made contact with Tatsuo of Iwagakure who seemed connected to a medical shinobi and he knew of a crazed doctor in the land of sharks. Though all of these plans could easily all crumble and working with a powerful shinobi from Iwa was too dangerous. He could just as likely kill Yoru rather than help him.

He stepped into the marketplace, his nostrils flared with annoyance and he grimaced at the sight of all the people. He’d being caught in a foul mood and was just fed up and tired, he needs a good cup of tea and a rest. His single hazel eye peered through the variety of stalls searching for some refreshments, a stall seemed to be selling tea and a variety of snacks and even had a parasol over its bar. Perfect.

Yoru slugged onto a stool “Tea.” He muttered and placed some coins on the bar and slid it forward, he sighed with annoyance as the man behind the stall said “What kind?” Yoru shrugged “Surprise me, I don’t mind.” He mumbled the man behind the stall nodded and turned on his heels as he prepared the tea.

A stranger was sat next to him “What brings you here?” asked the stranger, Yoru placed his hand in his palm and his elbow on the bar, cradling his chin “I’m looking for a doctor, know of any?” asked Yoru, as the man behind the stall brought him is tea. Yoru blew on the tea, trying to cool it down it was too hot at the moment, to drink.

“Yeah I know of some, what’s in it for me though?” asked the stranger, Yoru rolled his eyes, he was not in the mood for this guys sh*t “Nothing, if you know where the doctor is just tell me.” The stranger knocked bag his head, a booming laugh echoed through the bustling market. Yoru grimaced, the loud noise ran through him and struck a nerve “You think your tough pretty boy? If you want to know you have –“ he screamed out in pain, clutching his face as Yoru flung the hot tea over his face.

The powerful rouge shinobi lowered himself down from the stool as the stranger fell to the floor screaming in agony “Where would you go to get this looked at?” Your whispered ominously, the stranger had tears flooding from his eyes as he continued to grimace in pain “F**k yo-“ A crack could be heard, followed by another scream of anguish as Yoru snapped his fingers “That’s two things now the doctor will have to heal up “Now if you’re nice and you tell me where he is I’ll take you and he can heal you up.” The stranger nodded in agreement gesturing towards a stall, with a dark skinned man seemed to be sat quite comfortably.

Yoru dragged the stranger by the scruff of the neck and dragged him towards the market stall effortlessly. Standing at the stall, the stranger seemed to be in a world of his own. The Ex Bannin smiled at him and coughed, clearing his throat to grab his attention, though the anguished yelps of his newly found friend may of being enough to grab his attention. “My friend here needs some help.” Said Yoru with a slight smile across his face.
CharactersShow

The White Eyed Demon of the Leaf
Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Trubbishguy

Bazaar Sale

Post by Trubbishguy » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:18 pm

Hiroki was caught off guard by the two men approaching his stand, one in clear pain. The other, an eye-patched gent who seemed to be dragging the poor soul up, spoke. “My friend here needs some help.” His demeanor didn’t seem to express urgency, so Hiroki assumed it was nothing major. There have been plenty of men he’d had to help out because of drunken incidents or fights over bargains, so he figured it was just another one of those.

“Well I can see what I can do about it. What are you offering?” The Shroom-Boy dug around in a bag, pretending to be looking for something. Really, he was preparing a mushroom from his body, getting ready to cut it off and throw it in the bag whenever it was ready. There was a light glow that came from it, but the eyes of distracted men and women typically didn’t see it. They were too busy eyeing up the other products.

Hiroki was trying to get a good glimpse of the man from the corner of his eye. His skin was almost the same shade as Hiroki’s eyes, which was a bit funny to see such a pasty person down here. His long, red hair was another sign that he wasn’t from around the area. It was normal to see the rare wanderer every now and then at these markets, but after his run-in with the Bone-Man, the thought popped into Hiroki’s mind that anyone could be special. After all, it was impossible that all this time only one or two ‘ninja’ travelled, right?

It was an absurd thought that he brushed off pretty quickly, and he continued focusing. Feeling that the mushroom was almost done, he attempted to make sure that the two in front of him wouldn’t see what was actually happening. Granted, they seemed to be caught up with the other, one mumbling and crying on about his hand like a fool and the other calmly restraining him. Still, after learning that the Kinokos weren’t so rare after all, Hiroki made some sort of effort to keep his gift to himself. It was why he wore the cloak covering his shoulder. His Kinoko pride had vanished overnight.

“Not a lot of visitors. Any reason you’re down this way?” Hiroki asked as he lowered his arms below the table. With his left hand, he reached up his right sleeve until reaching the elbow, where he pulled out a thick, glowing mushroom that plopped right into his bag. He bent over to grab it, and he placed it on the table, waiting for the other side’s offer.

TheLacarix

Bazaar Sale

Post by TheLacarix » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:37 pm

The Doctor asked what the pair were offering, so it was a business. Which was certainly fair enough, he needed to making a living, but he wouldn’t be making a living out of Yoru’s pocket. The Ex Bannin of Konoha leaned into the stranger and spoke directly into his ear “Let’s see what you have to offer…” Yoru’s hand pushed into mans sash rummaging around “Get the fuc-“ Yoru pushed hard against his neck, the stranger whimpered like a beaten dog and was quickly silenced.

“Now now, we don’t want any more injuries do we. You don’t want to pay anymore than you need to.” Yoru pulled out a small bag of ryo and shook it, it seemed to be relatively full. The doctor placed a glowing mushroom on the table, Yoru’s eyes narrowed in it with awe and yet a slight hint of suspicion. Was this really going to heal his newly found friend? He doubted it. He pondered though, if they did work, where did he get these mushrooms and why didn’t other countries grow them? There had to be more to this, something Yoru would eventually get to the bottom of.

“I’m down here, looking for you.” Yoru responded, quickly followed with a soft chuckle “Well not exactly you I was looking for a doctor and perhaps you could be of assistance.” He chucked the small bag of ryo onto the table, assuming that would be enough payment. Yoru would now watch with interest, to see how the events would now unfold.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Trubbishguy

Bazaar Sale

Post by Trubbishguy » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:18 pm

Hiroki saw the controlling man steal some of the other’s coins and place it on the table. It wasn’t the Kinoko’s favorite sight, but it happened more than enough times at the markets that he learned to live with it. With a quick swipe, he scooped up the coins and placed them into a middle, grey pouch on his hip. Then, he perked up, hearing that the strange man was looking for him. Doctor is what the blindfolded man called Hiroki. It was an odd title that he must have picked up among the locals for his healing mushrooms. It was a bit blown out of proportion for now, but it was still nice to know he had some sort of reputation.

“Ah, I see. Well, I’m still growing as a ‘doctor’... I can help with some wounds and all, but I wouldn’t say I was a doctor by any means. Though I might be interested in hearing about whatever it is you want one for.”

Hiroki would wait, leaving the mushroom on the table. It was one of the unwritten rules here. After putting something down, one wasn’t allowed to touch it again. When the man was finally fed the mushroom (most likely by force, if Hiroki had to guess), Hiroki knew what the effect would be. They would slowly start to go away, as if they were never there. Well, except for the hand. The Shroom-Boy had a glance at the poor soul’s fingers, and they weren’t looking like they’d be back to normal with that one mushroom. It might make him feel better, at least.

What was more interesting was what one needed a doctor for. Could it be another case like his mother? She was requested after her services were discovered. Was this the curse of a reputation? Was this how Hiroki inevitably ended up falling down the same path?

He silently checked himself, keeping his breath calm. Just in case, he was ready to start charging up a cloud of spores in case he needed to escape. After getting ambushed when with Aimi of the Kaguyas, it was becoming almost second nature at this point. The Kinoko was vulnerable. Threats were everywhere, and they could show up whenever they wanted to.

TheLacarix

Bazaar Sale

Post by TheLacarix » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:56 pm

As the mushroom was placed in the strangers mouth, Yoru’s single hazel eyes locked on the stranger watching as the mushrooms seemed to take effect. He was amazed by the unique ability and wondered where the stranger found these unique mushrooms. He’d seen such medical techniques done via ninjutsu, but never just through eating a mushroom.

Once his newfound friend was healed up, Yoru gently placed his fingertips on his back, nudging him towards the stall from whence he just came. He was of know use anymore and would likely just get in the way.

Yoru couldn’t pretend he wasn’t disappointed that this man wasn’t a ‘doctor’ though perhaps he was someone Yoru could invest in him, though perhaps he was capable of performing the task was needed of him.

His hands pressed into his pouch, pulling out a glass container with what appeared to be a completely white eye, the notorious Byakugan of the powerful Hyuuga clan of the leaf, now in Yoru’s possession.

“As you may of noticed, I’m missing an eye.” He lifted up the eyepatch, exposing the scarred flesh “I found a- let’s say a replacement and I’d someone to transplant it, though I understand it’s a very high-level technique, perhaps one out of your grasp.” As quickly as it came, the container was placed back into his pouch.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Trubbishguy

Bazaar Sale

Post by Trubbishguy » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:56 am

He wants a doctor so he can get a surgery done. That was far from Hiroki’s level, though he was still happy with the reputation he was being given. He would like to be a proper healer, capable of doing surgeries and the like, though that wasn’t possible with where he was at now. He’d only just gotten his hands on a basic book that described medical practices. It was helpful, especially when combined with his own potent healing mushroom, but he wasn’t capable of performing anything serious like a surgery. While the Kinoko wanted to get there, another part of him wondered if it’d be easier to do if he was gifted with chakra powers like the Aimi of the Kaguyas described. What may have taken Hiroki an hour could probably be done instantly with the wave of a hand. It wasn’t fair.

The Shroom-Boy couldn’t stop staring at the eye. It looked similar to his own, and he’d never seen an eye like a Kinoko’s outside of the family. Could it be? Could this man have taken one of his own peoples’ eyes? Hiroki lowered his hood, keeping his shoulder wrapped and hidden but exposing his facial features well. He tilted his head up, his glance shifting from the jar to the one-eyed man.

“That’s a very specific type of eye you have there, sir.” The Mushroom Man kept watching him, being cautious of the bright-haired man. He wasn’t from around here, and he had an eye which may have belonged to a Kinoko. After getting visited by the Bone-Man, every stranger had the potential of being a threat.

TheLacarix

Bazaar Sale

Post by TheLacarix » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:43 am

Yoru looked at the young Doctor, who seemed slightly on edge about the eye and didn’t seem to know what it was. The Byakugan was one of the most notable dojutsu in the Shinobi world. Then suddenly, it dawn on Yoru he wasn’t in the shinobi world. For a man who had lived most of his adult life within a hidden village, Shinobi were everywhere they were part of everyday life. He hadn’t realised how alien the shinobi forces were.

Konoha truly did live in a bubble.

“It’s a Byakugan, the visual dojutsu of Hyuuga Clan.” He said in an hushed tone, for him to simply have this item in his possession made him a target. It was an incredibly valuable item, he couldn’t even think of the cost on the black market.

“It’s a very powerful eye, that allows me to see…. More than you could imagine.” He said with an up curled smile, almost smugly. Though his smugness wouldn’t mean anything until he had it transplanted “How much would it cost me to have you implant this for me?” he pondered with interest, hoping the ‘price’ wouldn’t be too high.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Trubbishguy

Bazaar Sale

Post by Trubbishguy » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:18 pm

Jutsu. Clan jutsu. Powerful.

“You’re a ninja.” Escaped out of Hiroki’s lips in a gasp. He’d only met the one other one, and it’d been a mostly positive experience. Here he was, interacting with another ninja. Had he acquired a clan’s powers? Is it… Is it possible to take what makes a family so special? That meant that with enough imagination and enough skill, one would be capable of putting the Bone-Man’s wings into another person. The Blindfolded Man had wanted to put a special eye in for his own. He wanted to play the part of a divinity. No. He doesn’t want to be divine. He wants to have divinity bless him.

And he was asking Hiroki to do it.

Well, the Kinoko would be unable to do anything like that. It was possible though. He wouldn’t be asking around for a doctor if surgery like that was unheard of. Hiroki’d been a great doctor for the locals without any of the special jutsus and the like that these ninjas had access to. His gift, which apparently didn’t require jutsu, made him a natural healer. The Bone-Man hadn’t wanted to do too much with granting Hiroki jutsu. But with it, the possibilities were endless.

“I don’t know how,” The Shroom-Boy let out sadly. He was sure the foreigner had been disappointed. “But I would be willing to learn. I could learn on my own. I just need to know a few things, and I’d be willing to try it out! I would! And I don’t think I’d be too bad at it. I’m…” Trying not to draw unneeded attention from anyone, he mouthed blessed.

“I just need some guidance. I know about your world. I need to be taught how to do things, though. But I can do special things, I promise.” Hiroki pleaded. He’d not been this desperate in quite some time. The Fungal Fighter needed this. He needed to learn how to do Godly powers. If this man had an ounce of the desperation of Hiroki, then maybe he’d teach him.

TheLacarix

Bazaar Sale

Post by TheLacarix » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:14 pm

Yoru bit his lip, trying to stile his laughter as the doctor had an amusing reaction to the fact that a shinobi was stood in front of him, Yoru was disappointed that the young doctor could help him with his transplant, but he knew of someone he could go to, though it was an option he’d rather not have to resort to. Though it seemed that would have to be the case, he’d need to give himself to his own enemy, Iwagakure no Sato.

As the young man in front of him seemed to suggest he was special Yoru assumed that he was likely using ninjutsu without realising what it was, he’d seen that already within the minor countries. Men and women knew very little of the shinobi world and struggled to explain their abilties.

He placed the Byakugan deep within his haori, keeping it safe and looked him over for a moment and nodded, as though he’d figured something out, he pondered with interest what made him so special, it was likely the mushroom, Yoru had never seen any food produce such productive medical prowess and it didn’t take a genius to add two and two together.

“Aizawa, Yoru.”
He offered his name, hoping the young man would return his. Extending his hand out for it to be shook “The mushrooms are your creation?”, he asked, as it dawned on Yoru that someone with such skills could be very useful down the line, taking him under his wing would be a good idea, he could always do with a subordinate and with the right training, eventually a powerful teammate “I can train you, teach you to be a shinobi and in return you help me. Whenever I need you.” He said with an almost ominous smile, his hazel eye glaring at the young man, waiting for his response.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Trubbishguy

Bazaar Sale

Post by Trubbishguy » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:15 pm

The Kinoko nodded his head in eager excitement. "Yes. Yes these are mine. I can show you when we're not in such an... open... area." Hiroki tilted his head in a way to nod to the people doing their business in the bizarre at the stands around them. "I... I don't care what the cost is," it was bold to offer yourself for any favor one might ask, but for the powers the training would allow for, he didn't care. It wasn't just about standing up for himself anymore. There were things beyond his reach and beyond his mind's grasp. He couldn't fathom what he could do with all sorts of abilities at his hand. If he could know how to use chakra, the possibilities were endless.

He'd have the world at his fingertips, if only he knew what he was trying to grab.

"... I'll do anything. We can get out of here, if you want. I've gotten enough food to last until my next trek out here. We can go somewhere more private. My home isn't too far away, if you'd wanted some rest."

TheLacarix

Bazaar Sale

Post by TheLacarix » Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:02 pm

“You know, it’s polite to offer your name when someone offers you theirs, I can’t call you ‘Doctor’ specially if you aren’t one.” He thought it was odd the young man didn’t offer his own name yet, specially as Yoru introduced himself. Yoru continued to stifle his laughter, at the young man’s reactions he seemed eager to accept the training, though seemed somewhat apprehensive as though he was signing his life away, he shook his head in response “Don’t worry, if you want to be my student you’ll simply become my subordinate, assisting me in tasks, missions, bounties and so on, I will compensate you and you’ll get a share of any monetary gain I receive.” He gestured for the young man to lead him to their home where they could talk in private.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Trubbishguy

Bazaar Sale

Post by Trubbishguy » Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:33 pm

Hiroki packed up his belongings, shoving sign and shroom both into his bag. After collecting his things, he started walking, motioning for his new friend to follow. ”That sounds like a fair deal then! I… I can’t thank you enough for the opportunity you’re giving me by accepting to train me. And I’m a quick learner, you’ll see. I’ll make it worth it all, I promise.”

The Shroom Boy waved at a few people from the stands nearby, signaling to them that he was leaving. As he left, he turned back for a moment to his new teacher. ”And, sorry about not being so quick with the name. But you can call me HIroki of the Kinoko family!” After giving a smile, he trailed off, leading the way to his house.

Return to “Other Countries”