Stay a While and Listen

Kat/Chi

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

Stay a While and Listen

Post by Das Kirb » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:31 am

The crickets chirped in tandem with a frog song that filled the night sky. Somewhere a snake was pushing past leaves on the hunt for a well needed meal. Not even fifty yards away a gentle creek murdered on its way to the great river. The scent of moon flowers filled the air with a pleasant aroma, one joined by the smell of light smoke and cooking fish. With the fire aiding the dim star light and crescent moon's glow the scene was one of utter peace, contrasting the nightmare that now called this land home.

Inoriki popped the cork from a bottle of fine whisky, producing two wooden cups to fill. One was presented to his ever vigilant partner, who had shed her normal leather wears for simple cloth and bare feet. Their horses were well fed and would appreciate the night's respite. After all, they hauled a heavy load back from Grass Country. Neither of the gathered pair dared to break the silence as they gently sipped on the sweet drink in comfortable chairs by the fireside. A soft smile played across both their faces as they simply looked at each other in blissful satisfaction of a job's near completion.

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Stay a While and Listen

Post by Willoria » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:14 am

How long had she been wandering? Suzume wasn't sure. Moments were separated by meals, days marked by chores and classes, but ever since her father's curse had overtaken her she had simply packed up everything and left. She had wandered, and the days simply blended together. She had laid the bones of a plan to try and bring back her father, but now as she waited for the planted seed to bear fruit she had nothing to do but to wait. She kept up her wandering, and sometimes that led to interesting people and encounters.

She certainly wasn't expecting to come upon a camp. She saw the light from a distance, getting just close enough to see but far enough away to hope she didn't draw undo attention to herself. Leaning against a tree she kept her coolie hat dipped forward that her face might remain in shadows, but quietly she observed the pair. She wondered silently if she should approach, but what excuse to give? Food and drink weren't things she required any longer. Her new appearance made her terrifying to most, and she still wasn't as confident in it as her father had been. He seemed to revel in the fear, and so far Suzume hated it.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Das Kirb

Stay a While and Listen

Post by Das Kirb » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:32 pm

The night air shifted and brought with it a new sensation, one of slight discomfort. A nagging sensation of being watched played in the back of the gathered pair's heads as they both went from blissful satisfaction to looks of mild annoyance. Corking the bottle and taking another sip, the Yamanaka merely sighed and leaned back. If they were being stalked they were soon to meet their death or a cell anyway. No chance to hide and no point in running. With a wave of the hand Blade crossed her legs and looked out across the orange lit grasses and trees, appearing to wait for the inevitable.

Inoriki claimed a cigar from its case, doing some handseals in the process. A dim blue light began to manifest outside himself and sweep past the entire area. His body going through the motions of lighting up the smoke, but his mind scanning the surroundings, eventually their visitor was found. "Why I say its not very neighborly to skulk in the dark and stare. Come on over here by the fire and grab a chair. I'm sure we can spare a drink and a meal for a weary traveler." The eathereal form of a chakra manifestation of himself had said, slowly approaching Suzume, its ghostly visage moving politely despite the cruel display of almost skeletal teeth.

Willoria

Stay a While and Listen

Post by Willoria » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:02 pm

She didn't say anything. She stared at the visage from under the wide brim of her hat, keeping her appearance hidden behind its shadows and the folds of her cloak. It was a stark contrast to the girl that, only a couple months ago, had loved to leave her back bare to the eye. She stared at this visage before her even as it smiled and resisted the urge to laugh at the smile. She could only assume that perhaps it was meant to intimidate her, but it could hardly do that given how the girl herself looked. Beneath the hat she closed her yellow eyes briefly, black chakra swirling around her briefly before she pushed off the tree and walked past the oddly ghostly shape to take the man up on his invite. Outwardly there didn't seem to be a change, but only because her hat and cloak hid it.

She walked straight up to where the two sat at the fire and shrugged out of her cloak before sitting down. She looked as she once did, her skin very lightly tanned but near pristine, the large tattoo over her back was visible due to the cut of her outfit and her sword was on her hip this time. She reached up a hand and removed the coolie hat, the small bells ringing quietly as she set it on the ground next to her and finally lifted her head to look at each individual in turn. Her eyes were yellow and vibrant, her long black hair was pulled back but draped over a shoulder. "My apologies." she said quietly. "Kindness is not common in the wilds." she added, glancing between the two.
Jutsu UsedShow
[Personalized Transformation]
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After channeling chakra through her body, Suzume is able to use this more specialized form of the Transformation Technique to change her appearance to match that which she appeared before she ever attained EGF. This transformation being more reliable than the original Transformation technique, requiring a much more keen eye to see through this disguise. However, this form is insubstantial, and a single attack will dispel the disguise. Lasts for an amount of posts equal to Suzume's (Chakra Pool/2).
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Das Kirb

Stay a While and Listen

Post by Das Kirb » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:19 pm

The specter was dismissed as she approached the fire's light. Both heads turned to scan her up and down as she made more of herself clear to see. Inoriki produced another cup and filled this one with warm milk, placing it on a makeshift table near her. "No need for sorry, my dear. You're absolutely right. Truth told were feared you were scouting to rob our haul here. Highwaymen along cost me a right fortune on each run." He took a drag from the cigar and a sip of his whisky, examining the girl closely.

Her figure was fair and tone betraying some hard times. However, the eyes made for an interesting sight. Eyes like those were more common on beasts that man, and he'd know from recent acquaintanceship. Blade took note of them as well, even going so far as to make it obvious she was reading the girl like a book. Though her posture was relaxed, her eyes were transfixed like a proverbial hawks. Inoriki put his cup down and made to place his hands behind the head to fake leaning back in relaxation, doing as hidden as he could seals in the process. The black aura that surrounded her became immediately obvious, however he neglected to push further. No reason to be invasive yet. "Allow me the pleasure of introduction. I'm called Ghost and that lovely lady is Blade. I know the names are a bit pretentious but you understand the need for allias I hope. Got one we can call you, my dear?"

Willoria

Stay a While and Listen

Post by Willoria » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:35 pm

Suzume glanced at the cup of warm milk that was offered, but she didn't take it immediately. She found herself wondering if her father would feign drinking things, wondering how he did it to keep from showing others what he really was, and also realizing she couldn't actually keep this transformation up for as long as she wanted. 'So how the hell do I let that go without freaking someone out?' she wondered to herself, allowing herself to sigh as she reminded herself she had to remember to feign breathing at least. These things didn't come second nature to her yet, the way they had Kenji.

She noticed the way Blade stared her down, and couldn't help a smirk and a wink in her direction when she saw it before turning her attention back to the man. "I've always been told it's smarter not to use one's real name, I've simply never been very good at it and despise the nickname some use." she remarked, shrugging lightly before simply introducing herself. "Suzume." She left her family name off for now, silently finding it funny how Kenji probably would have given her a hard time considering he used to always ask her not to use it, and of course she didn't stop until he died.

Naturally she also realized that her moniker of 'The Oni's Daughter' never fit better than it did now, with her new appearance. "I used to have a few contacts out here. They wouldn't help with protection but perhaps they can get you information on the highwaymen bothering you..." she suddenly mentioned, remembering some of the contacts her father and she had developed with Chishiki, an organization that she now supposed was gone. But her people still needed work.

Das Kirb

Stay a While and Listen

Post by Das Kirb » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:55 pm

"Well now, that would be mighty decent of ya to do. Be much smoother to make simple runs like this with those brigands off our backs. Perhaps the big man himself can set up a tidy sum for your troubles too. Do your good day for the year and make a nice profit on the side." Inoriki took another long drag off his cigar and smiled at the star filled sky. Blade raised an eyebrow at the girl's mild taunt. "I'm sad to say I don't run the books in these parts, merely the merchandise. So we'd have to talk to the big cheese directly for that though." With a smile he took another sip. "Until then how about we swap stories like old fairy tails. I find there's only three real ways to pass the time with a new friend. Fear you're a bit young for at least one of them. No need to get personal if ye don't want, though those tend to be the best."

Willoria

Stay a While and Listen

Post by Willoria » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:28 pm

Suzume nodded as Ghost mentioned her getting paid. She thought about asking who 'the big man' was, but chose to let it go for now. If they chose not to take her help in the end, knowing who their boss was could be detrimental if they were a paranoid sort, or just asking could end the polite exchange. Given a risk versus reward thought process, she chose to let it go. She noticed Blade's odd reaction to her wink, and couldn't help a mild chuckle though her attention was still mostly on Ghost. Of course, his words only made her chuckle again. "Oh my age isn't the real factor here." she remarked, shaking her head.

She could only assume the three things he was thinking of were drinking, telling stories, and sex. The last of which was what she referred to, of course because what was left of her body was hardly anything anyone would want to touch in such a way, and also because she would get nothing out of it regardless. "As for what I suspect is the second, I'm afraid even this is wasted on me." she remarked, while picking up the cup of warm milk he'd offered her and she offered it back to the man.

She thought about revealing her form to both of them, but she was still unsure how either might react. "I'm afraid I have some unique qualities that prevent me from enjoying either of those two." she admitted rather simply before looking at Ghost. "What kind of stories do you prefer?"

Das Kirb

Stay a While and Listen

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:55 am

This time Inoriki cocked an eyebrow, looking the girl over more completely. He reclaimed the cup and gave a half grin of intrigued amusement. "Well well well. I say we have our first subject here. A lady like yourself making such a claim is either telling tales already, or there's a grander one to be known." His consciousness ebbed just a little bit outwards, barely brushing up against hers. The touch was subtle, not more than enough to get a basic feeling and confirm his suspicion. "And I dare say you're not the least bit lying. I'm fairly good at picking up on someone telling untruths." He let the ebb of his mind flow back, once again leaving Suzume alone with her thoughts.

"How about I start though. I did say you don't have to share anything personal if you don't wanna and its only fair the host shares first." A long drag turned into concentric circles of smoke rings before he started. "Not too long ago I was running supplies from the southern edge of Fire Country down through Whirlpool on my marry way to Lightning. They're building that railroad ya know and needed a shipment of laborers looking for work and a roof. New boss looked at me funny when I told him that part but rest assured these people were getting paid and fed well enough. I don't do slavery." He sipped on the whisky. "I took a detour through this here strip of land to dodge what I thought to be an illegitimate toll down the line. Came across a sight I never thought existed in my life. Least not outside the infinite realms of spirits. A damned dragon with scales black as coal and glowing like his innards were ablaze. Scaly beast didn't talk none but by the look in his eye I was being watched by more an just him too. He turned and walked down river and I went about my business. I can rest assured he's likely still wandering these lands too." Another sip followed by a bit of a pause to let the story sink in as he waited for a reaction.

Willoria

Stay a While and Listen

Post by Willoria » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:11 am

Suzume couldn't help a bit of a smirk as Ghost seemed a bit surprised and even amused by her statements. Though it certainly piqued her curiosity as he mentioned knowing if she was lying or not. It was another subject however that she simply let go, and she fell quiet as he told his own story. She nodded in approval as he mentioned not dealing in slavery. She was certain that, more than once, she watched orphans taken with 'families' that were just going to sell them off. It wasn't completely unheard of, and had been a fear of her own before meeting her father, though her own life had turned into a different nightmare. "Dragons are fascinating." she remarked, nodding slowly. "Though the only one I've seen myself was about the size of a large house cat... I'm sure he's grown a good deal by now..."

Of course, it never occurred to her that she was talking about the same dragon as Ghost.

"I suppose for my story I may as well give away what's going to give away itself soon." she remarked, sighing. She was already halfway through what she could handle for time and she knew it, so rather than wait for her chakra to run out she figured she would simply let the transformation go. "Might want to pause on your drink for a moment." she added before taking a deep breath and closing her eyes. She let the transformation fall and was almost hesitant to open her eyes and see their reactions, but eventually she did. Without the transformation she knew she'd look a mess. She looked like stretched out flesh held in place with thick stitches, tentacles hiding between every gap and crevice. "I told you my age wouldn't be the biggest issue you had with that."

Das Kirb

Stay a While and Listen

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:50 am

Both blade and Riki looked at Suzume with anticipation. He did indeed put down the drink before she revealed her final form. The strange chakra did nothing to foreshadow what sat where once a young lady did. Blade had a visible look of shock and even leaned back as if to put even an inch between her and this abomination. Riki, ever the gentile, merely cocked his head to mask his true revulsion. He had to remind himself of the previous monster he had faced. The stark contrast in the types of sheer horror they shared was amusing, but the grotesque displays of pure perverted human forms were equally unsettling. After a second to make sure his voice wouldn't betray his distaste and offend Suzume he spoke. "Well looky here." He struggled to find something to add to it, eventually settling on taking a drag from his cigar and shooting a glance at blade, forcing the woman to relax.

"My my my. I've seen many things in my time but this year has been one for true wonders. First a dragon and his momma, now this little lady who's. . . ." Once more his usual candor was stymied. For the second time this year, the man was at a loss for words. He finished his drink, hoping the liquor would kick in soon. "I must admit I had no way of expecting this. Only once before have I seen someone so. . . special. Kinda looking for the wings and tail like the Beastia's if I'm being plain. . ." As the words came out his breath caught and quickly added. "I mean no offense."

Willoria

Stay a While and Listen

Post by Willoria » Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:21 pm

Suzume couldn't help noticing Blade's reaction out of the corner of her eye, though Ghost's was far more tempered she couldn't help but wonder if he felt the same within. The girl was still getting used to this form, to the revulsion that came with it, and especially given what she had expected instead. Asura had assured her she would be beautiful, and naturally it had never crossed her mind that to a man clearly so insane what 'beautiful' might really mean. She reached over for her cloak and pulled it back on, around her shoulders and keeping it on her to cover much of her form. As Ghost spoke, she even went so far as to pick up her hat once more and pull it on again, the bells ringing at the edge of hearing as she pulled the front brim down a bit to try and hide her face in shadows again.

"None taken." she replied, shrugging though it was clear her own appearance still bothered her a great deal. "I am not the first with this, what my father calls Earth Grudge Fear, and I doubt I will be the last." Though in truth her attention peaked a bit as Ghost mentioned Beastia and she found herself wracking her brain. "Beastia? That sounds so familiar...."

Das Kirb

Stay a While and Listen

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:29 pm

"Earth Grudge Fear you say. . . Least now I have a name to put with the memory. You'll have to forgive my lack of decorum once more as I was rather shocked." He broke focus to take another drag from his cigar and pour another drink. The habit was more comforting than the chemical stimulation. "Between you and that mountain of meat calling herself a beast over a woman I'm a might curious as to what advantages it provides. You're held together by sutures and stitching and she's practically a walking scar tissue."

After a brief pause Inoriki caught how candid and potentially insulting he was being. Since the hole was dug going back on that would be pointless. Instead he focused down on another subject. After all, the beast and titan said nothing about mum being the word. "I wouldn't be surprised if you know of the Beastia. Met her once and since got an updated bingo book. Apparently she's quite the pain in Kiri's ass, but seeing just how contorted her body can get is a sight to behold." He shut up there, hoping to let the insults go and change the subject to something a bit less potentially hazardous to his health.

Willoria

Stay a While and Listen

Post by Willoria » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:41 pm

Suzume seemed to pull the cloak tighter around her, covering herself almost entirely in it as Ghost asked her about Earth Grudge Fear. The woman shrugged it seemed, and even her answer was less than detailed. "When my father earned it, he proclaimed himself a god." she remarked. "But as much as I hate it, I can't tell you everything about it. I can only tell you it has benefits. After all, I barely know you." she admitted, looking at him a moment before shrugging again.

She made a concerted effort to keep herself covered, staying in the shadows of her hat, and in the folds of her cloak. In spite of her wink at Blade before, she hardly looked at the woman now. Clearly she had no desire to see the woman's shock again. "I believe I met her with my father once, though it was their conversation. I didn't interact with her long. That was before he caved and let me have a more active role in his business." she didn't even bother sighing, seeming to realize she hardly needed to appear more human to the pair before her now. "Why don't you tell me about yourselves?" she asked almost idly.

Das Kirb

Stay a While and Listen

Post by Das Kirb » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:26 pm

After a customary moment of silence to allow himself time to compose and digest the info, what precious little of it there was, he took another drag of the smoke. He made it a point to keep his eyes on the fire, and instructed Blade to do the same. "Well, my dear. I'm afraid I'm fairly boring in comparison to your rather interesting tail. I travel from place to place facilitating the procurement and transport of goods and services. I'll sell anything to anyone, with exception. Spice, weapons, supplies, even food and water. Though those last two I sell at a marked down cost, ye see. Don't want people saying I profit off basic human needs now." The man began to relax and his usual smooth tone started to come back. "I also provide services in waste management, transportation, and even escorts. All parties are required to sign an agreement that they're willing participants. I don't much mind facilitating a mutual transaction of carnal pleasure for coin, but I'll not be a pimp now."

It took him a second to realize that the question had been directed at the both of them. A glance at the leather clad woman told him all he needed. Even if she could answer she didn't want too. Inoriki flicked the ashes from his cigar and began to answer for her. "Blade over there is a hired sword to protect my rather nice but all to soft behind. A nasty bit of business years ago cost the woman her voice sadly. It works just fine for our arrangement. I pay her handsomely, and in return she gives me some peace and quiet. Besides, don't much need to talk when I'm so good at reading someone. Why I've been accused of reading people's minds before." A wry grin came with the joking allusion as he fell silent, letting Suzume take in this bit of trivia now.

Return to “Other Countries”