[Graded]Not my type of magic wish!

Mre-face

[Graded]Not my type of magic wish!

Post by Mre-face » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:40 am

Fire DjinnShow
Forest set ablaze!
phpBB [video]
Flames were consuming the forest as a spirit of fire was chasing after Chikara, Chie, and Enzaragi. It's the ability to fly and create fire at the same time made it incredibly difficult to escape. Enzaragi was rushing full speed and Chie and Chikara was closely behind trees were burned and torched as they ran. Splinters from trees flew and dust from the dirt and gravel below them poisoned the air. As they were running an old and abandoned mine could be seen in the side of a larger rock formation which Enzaragi would take advantage of the larger spirit would have a harder time navigating in the cramped spaces and more labyrinthine aspect of the mines. "The mines! Follow me!" Enzaragi rushed in and instantly the mines was dark and debilitated but luckily no animals inhabited the mines and if they were they could simply rush passed the animals. Enzaragi took a left and than right as the mines serpant like pathways as they rushed trough the he looked back and was worried for Chie and Chikara but he pressed on after running for awhile a large gap suddenly appeared and a massive opening the pit seemingly lead to nothing and the only way they could possibly get across was to take a leap of faith and reach the other side of the mines. Enzaragi accelerated even faster than earlier before gathering all the power in his legs to jump across. The Djinn was still in pursuit lighting the very mines in flames and creating an ever stalking light source. He looked back across the large seperation and waited for Chikara and Chie and in case he could catch them if they somehow didn't make the leap.
The Scorpion

Jinsoku,Enzaragi S-Rank MN: Iwa Setsuzoku
Companion
The Swordsman

Yūgana, Mondai B-Rank : Kiri Seven swordsman
Companion
The Angry

Shaolóng, Gōkariki A-Rank : Konoha

Companion

Trusted Grader

Not my type of magic wish!

Post by Trusted Grader » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:01 am

Chikara couldn't believe his luck, it swung heavily back and forth as if it was a makeshift Yoyo, from getting to know a new prospect to finding himself in deep water, from meeting an old flame to running from engulfing fires. Shit, if I wasn't in pain then I'd laugh at the absurdity! Chikara grit his teeth, he ran behind Enzaragi who was doing his best to lead them to safety, his peripheral vision revealed that the remaining goons were either running scared or doing their best to stop the Djinn, though from the loud screams they both could tell that the pendulum wasn't leaning towards their favor.

"Just go!" Chikara pushed Enzaragi gently before he turned around to toss two explosive strapped kunai's towards the mine entrance, he knew that this was risky because there was a very strong possibility that they would be trapped down there, yet it was a risk worth taking as they currently lacked the fundamental knowledge to tackle such a fiery beast, considering that the Djinn could not only use ninjutsu but trick the mind of someone as powerful as Chikara.

He remembered that he used to help Chie with her Genjutsu when they were in the academy and that Enzaragi managed to be tricked by his lower level techniques, which meant that they had to stay on their toes. He watched as the goons tried to rush the cave before the explosives collapsed the entrance, he turned around and rushed after Enzaragi who seemed to find his way, fortunately Chie was quick to light a torch that allowed them to see in the dark halls that hopefully would lead them towards sanctuary.

It didn't take long for the Djinn to blast a hole and enter the mines, it's fiery body illuminating the darkness and for the first time he felt safer in the dark than the ever growing presence of its light. He ignored the monster and focused on grabbing Chie's armpit. "Do you still trust me?" She nodded and leapt as Chikara pushed to toss her further.

He watched her clear the pit and was not far behind. "Don't stop!"
Last edited by Trusted Grader on Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
CharactersShow
Different Sides Of The War
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
Special Jounin: Kiri
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
Bannin: Iwa
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
Genin: Konoha
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
B-Rank: Suna
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
Jounin / Spy: Kumo
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
S-Rank MN: Konoha
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
Chie, Yasu, Wakana, Ayuma, Shiryoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
Genin: Kiri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Mre-face

Post by Mre-face » Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:41 am

The entrance was blown shut which Enzaragi considered a smart move regardless he lead the way to find an entrance and if there they were to get lost they could possibly make the Djin lose trace of the group. Worst case there was no exit in which case they would have to create one. As Enzaragi rushed and jumped over the pit Chie was tossed and followed suit hoping Chikara would do the same running and dashing between the crooked paths light shined in the distance not aware exactly where it came from Enzaragi followed the faint flicker of hope the best he could. The dark was hard to follow and they needed to get out the cramped space was dangerous especially with the Djin in pursuit. Enzaragi hoped that the band of thugs could distract the spirit for an opportunity to catch a breath, regroup and find the temple. However, that was only the best case and Enzaragi never seemed to have the best luck in these sorts of situations.
The Scorpion

Companion
The Swordsman

Companion
The Angry

Companion

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:10 am

Chikara fought the urge to look back but the screaming band of thugs made the hair on his back stand at attention, his purple eyes darted back to see the surrounding goons catch on fire, though this fire didn't emanate any heat and it was dark ombre in color, it was a smokeless fire, but as soon as his eyes set upon them the world shifted around him. Whoa, how powerful isn't this beast. Chikara couldn't believe what he saw, he knew immediately that he was drawn within a genjutsu but he could yet figure out to what purpose.

He turned around and noticed that he was standing in a vast desert, even though he knew that the gap wasn't far, the fact that he couldn't tell was freaking him out. He leapt towards what he hoped to be ground and tried to Kai midair, the world turned back to normalcy as he crashed into the ground and halfassedly rolled off the ground and continued to dash after his comrades. Thanks to the shared vision he was able to catch what she saw before their connection was lost, luckily they hadn't perfected the connection for otherwise she would've been triggered by the genjutsu. Chikara sighed, he wondered if the connection managed to cut off or if he was now forced to think about another mind? What was going on?

The mercenary shook his head and took back charge of his mad dash, he slid to a halt next to the duo and chuckled. "Holy shit, what the hell is going on huh?" Chikara turned to peer the gap he just entered from as a volume of anguish filled screams filled the halls. "It seems to engulf them inflames, but they don't seem to burn." Chikara wasn't sure if he should bring out his swords or keep running.

"Smokeless fire..." Chie rubbed her chin.

"Seems to be coated with genjutsu, so try not to look at it." He knew how absurd it sounded, how were they going to fight something they can't look at?
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Mre-face

Post by Mre-face » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:28 pm

Enzaragi continued to rush without looking back acting as the guide through the pitch-black serpent-like mines "I don't know what is going on, I don't know why they are on fire and don't burn, I also don't know anything about smokeless fire maybe it's just special Katon jutsu. Bottom line! I don't care! Quit thinking and keep moving!" Enzaragi was noticeably frustrated by the situation yet he didn't let his focus falter. He hoped that Chikara and Chie were close behind since without them this situation would be even more dangerous and the temple would be lost.

He imagined this adventure going more smoothly however not perfectly smooth but there was one thing he wasn't expecting on this journey and that was being chased by a gang of bandits as a spirit of fire chased them through mines. And the thing he most wanted to avoid was a fight with either. As he was beginning to lose faith in finding an exit, A faint light guided them towards a rather old and unstable railway bridge made for transporting goods and people quickly many years ago. The bridge that was in front of them had lead to another path. This path had a faint glimmer of light at the end likely leading them to the end of this for what left like an endless mine. Enzaragi put his faith in Jashin and hoped that the bridge would hold for the trio as they were so close to the end of this everlasting mine.
The Scorpion

Companion
The Swordsman

Companion
The Angry

Companion

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:05 pm

Chikara didn't know if he wanted to laugh or cry at the situation, nowhere in his mind did he expect to find himself trapped within a mine somewhere in a godforsaken land and die for something as stupid as accidentally opening up a box that revealed a summon. It made no sense to him but like Enzaragi said, there's no point in thinking about it, instead he focused on leading Chie who held the torch in her hand. "Just follow the light, hopefully that cart can lead us to the exit!"

The engaging screams turned into united grunts that seemed to expand and grow louder by the second, the thought of them being surrounded quickly encapsulated Chikara's mind but he didn't let that stop him from focusing on their journey ahead. Once his eyes adjusted to the new light and surroundings they would notice that they were back in the woods and not in a much safer spot. The mines twisted and turned, allowing them to continue down another set of mines that connected to a massive waterfall not too far away from here. Chie pulled Chikara's hand and stopped him from entering another mine before the fire rose out of the entrance.

"Shit! The spirit won't stop until it get's us all huh?" Chikara pushed Chie behind him and blocked the first goon that rushed out of the mine, his mouth was filled with drool and his eyes were milky white. The mercenary recognised this one as he had fought him before but the difference between then and now was staggering, his strength seems to have been amplified which sent the mercenary skidding back a couple of inches, if Enza didn't get involved then Chie would have to skate away while Chikara would keep the their tail busy.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Mre-face

Post by Mre-face » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:58 pm

"Yeah looks like we are gonna have to push these brainless goons back! Before we can get outta this hellhole!" As soon as what he could only describe as a possessed thug attacked Chikara and Chie Enzaragi spoke quickly before he near-instantly twisted on the balls of his feet 180 degrees for a perfect roundhouse kick to the gut. Enzaragi pushed the offense with close-ranged unarmed attacks. The best defense is a good offense hesitant to pull out his blades because he didn't have a definitive answer whether these thugs had consciousness or not. He didn't want to take lives as haphazardly as he did in his rage-filled and mentally unstable youth. He was a refined answer no lives shall be taken without reason.

Enzaragi pushed in again dodging the clumsy swing and countering with a crisp hook towards the face. Following up with a simple 1-2-3 combo to finish the drone off. Enzaragi stood as an enforcer so that Chie and Chikara could escape, he was far more skilled in taijutsu, and his ability to absorb damage was greater as well so there was no reason for him to not stand his ground and act as a vanguard. He fought multiple drones individually they gave him quite a challenge due to their enhanced physical capabilities but now they were starting to take their toll. He realized the bridge was quite unstable so Enzaragi decided to do a quick stomping sidekick on the bridge in order to make it collapse. After feeling the physical strength of the possessed he figured they would have the endurance to survive the fall if they retained their consciousness. If everything went to plan Enzaragi would shift step backwards before turning to continue running out of the mines.
Jutsu usedShow
Float like a butterfly
C-rank taijutsu stance
Prereq: The boxer guard
This is the same as the boxer guard but improving on it adding stability, flexibility, mobility, security, and range. He does this through better positioning of his legs, hips, and shoulders as a consequence improving his footwork When it comes to footwork he can dance around the battlefield in his boxer guard effortlessly while still maintaining all of the other benefits of his guard.

Puncher kicker man
D-rank taijutsu discipline
When in his boxer stance he can still kick just as well as a stance that is focused on kicking.

Originally a glitch
C-rank taijutsu maneuver
After years of fighting Enzaragi has learned to effectively weave different attacks in very quick secession. While these are mostly 3-5 hits. This can be used to deal tons of damage to his opponent or just confuse or daze them. Or it can be used to apply pressure and open up openings. Or maybe even fool his opponent into thinking he will do one combo but then does another.
The Scorpion

Companion
The Swordsman

Companion
The Angry

Companion

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:11 pm

Chikara leapt backwards and off the bridge as Enzaragi took over the battle, he grinned before he turned to pick up Chie now that the pauldron had maxed out it's effects, his strength was unbelievable and his movement seemed to hasten as well. That explains why I was so heavily affected by that simple genjutsu... Shit... Chikara accepted that there would be a tradeoff to wearing such a powerful equipment but never figured that it would affect him this heavily.

"Go up the side, Chikara, I have an idea! I was going to save this for later but... I guess now is the best time." Chikara complied and leapt up the rock wall and began to ascend, he didn't question her nor did he doubt his new partner in crime, though his ability to assist in the situation felt diminishing by the moment, almost forgetting that he could handle himself in a close proximity.

"Don't worry, you are doing great." It was almost as if she could read his mind, until he realised that technically she could.

He chuckled at the thought and smiled back, he bounced off the wall and landed on top of a branch, he crouched and looked around for a clear area to land. Chie's feet were soon surrounded by a greenish wind that was formed, and as soon as she touched the ground she would push off into the distance.

"Don't stray to far now." Chikara tried to keep the last part within himself but couldn't help to worry, her smile eased him until the loud explosion drew his attention.

What Chikara couldn't see from his position was that the Djinn had burst through the mines, it blasted it's flame that was mixed with explosives and smokeless fire, causing eruptions and confusion. Once the dust clear they would notice that the fiend had grown twice in size since they last gazed upon it and was now forced to make a hard decision; run for it or try to fend it off while Chie proceeds with her plan.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Mre-face

Post by Mre-face » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:28 am

As the bridge collapsed, the Djinn had finally caught up to the group, the bridge collapsed, but this very obviously didn't prevent the flying fire spirit from crossing over to their location. This was Enzaragi's cue to flee, but this was quickly interrupted by the explosions and confusion around them, closing in the area in front of them while it was just enough for them to run through they would be slowed down, But this was a good thing, or so Enzaragi thought. Enzaragi realized that running away would be futile since it was already fast enough to catch up to them, and it was already in close range enough range. They would have to fight off the spirit and buy Chie enough time to execute her plan.

Enzaragi looked upwards towards the exit and rushed towards rendezvousing with Chikara the outside area would give them more space, which they would need as much as possible if they were gonna battle the fire spirit. Its size meant it naturally had a larger reach, and a good deal of Katon chakra jutsu wouldn't help either in the small corridors of the mines. Enzaragi realized that having as much area to work with as possible would be their only way of fighting it realistically. To kite it and distract it until Chie's plan could be executed would be his goal in the best case they damage it, so the plan isn't needed in the first place, worst case they can always try to flee again.

"Good! I wasn't planning on running anyway!"

He pulled out two of his ten blades, looking towards his to his purple eyed ally and subtly signaled with a gaze to Chikara that they would rely on each other on this fight they hadn't really fought together properly until now and Enzaragi was worried how Chikara would respond. All he knew was if they worked together and synced up their styles, they could get through this alive and relatively unscathed. In order to survive this perilous situation, they would have to...

Force their way out :katon:
phpBB [video]
The Scorpion

Companion
The Swordsman

Companion
The Angry

Companion

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:12 am

Chikara nervously chuckled as he heard Enzaragi declare that he wanted to take this entity on, a fake smile grew on the mercenaries face, knowing that this was either going to make or break their partnership, he chose to back his new comrade up, Not really the choice I would've made myself but what other option do we have at the moment.... Besides... If I bail on him now then he might not join the organisation... How can I think about that shit at a time like this? Chikara shook his head and pulled out his blades.

"Fuck it! I guess if the monster wants us that bad then we can show him why we aren't to be messed with huh?" The pauldron had reached its limit and Chikara could feel his control over jutsu had greatly diminished, though that wasn't his biggest concern, his biggest gripe was that he could feel that his willpower had been lowered considerably. I guess that's the negative effect of the Pauldron huh? Chikara grit his teeth and clenched his swords harder as he spotted the Djinn growl.

He watched it reach for it's back and remove what appeared to be chained blades that instantly caught on fire. "Holy shit, I guess this motherfucker is getting serious too huh?" Chikara narrowed his eyes as he spotted what appeared to be two more "zombies" rush from behind the Djinn, with a quick nod he would direct Enzaragi to attack them while he would draw the Djinns attention away.

He watched how it tried to swing its chained weapon towards him, he almost appeared to be moving slow but that was because of his greatly boosted speed, which he probably guessed was thanks to him locking on to Enzaragi, but what he didn't prepare for was when he flipped over the attack that he would overshoot and land behind the Djinn, he wasn't prepared for his strength nearly quadrupling, so he flipped again to gain distance from the fire being, then pushed off the nearest walls to attack the spirit from behind, his blade cut right through the smokeless being but it revealed what appeared to be some sort of core, though Chikara missed it and if Enzaragi wasn't fast enough then he would miss it to.

"Holy shit, this thing isn't tangible!" Chikara flipped over the incoming chain and blade and cartwheeled next to Enzaragi who he hoped had defeated the zombies.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Mre-face

Post by Mre-face » Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:29 pm

The scorpion was happy that his new-found partner in crime didn't back off, cause if he did, he would have one less recruit on his side for his little mercenary organization. "Yeah, you got that right!"

"You pathetic mortals stand no chance against an ancient being!"

As the Djinn removed its chain blades, Enzaragi braced himself for a powerful opponent, it was now luckily focused on the greatly boosted Chikara with the previous nod which gave Enzaragi the heads-up to focus on the possessed, using their speed and clumsy moves against him with the Eishin Drawing clash with his right hand being used. Cutting into the half dead flesh's neck Enzaragi didn't want to kill unless pushed, but he was unsure if they could even be considered alive before and if they were truly undead he would deem them abominations, but this was life and death, so he had decided to follow up with a death draw with his left hand, before doing a basic combo towards the zombies, wanting to execute the two with swift fashion which he was unsure if proved successful or not. He wanted to properly focus on the main threat, which was the Djinn.

Focusing back on the Djinn Chikara landed a strike however it didn't seem to take any real significant damage to it's body aside. "It seems it's body is made out of fire, we might be able to hurt it with enough-" Enzaragi dodged the massive chains with his acrobatics performing different flips and dodges and slides "Shit with enough hits but if we are gonna to do any real damage we need to get it's "heart""

Enzaragi threw a few shuriken as a distraction to try to get in closer, figuring he had the necessary skill and speed to get in close and damage it, using his smaller reach to get to it faster. In the worst case, he could rely on his regeneration, but he was sure not to get greedy as well. "I'll try to close in and deal some damage and distract it!" What he had hoped was that Chikara would sync up with him, either doing genjutsu or closing in with him to attack it from multiple sides. Not allowing it a moments rest, scattering its focus on multiple targets. If they worked together, they would be sure to be
MetaShow
*Eishin • Drawing Clash
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Against an advancing target, the user quickly draws their sword horizontally, stopping the blade mid-draw in front of them. Then, placing their hand on the sword's hilt, they push forward. As the attack collides with the moving target, the technique's power will turn the opponent's own inertia against them, amplifying the damage. The user requires greater strength than the target's approaching speed to accomplish the effects successfully.

*[Iaido • Death Draw]
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 20 Strength, 25 Speed, ⁣/i] *[Iaido • Death’s Gate], *[Iaido • Spectral Flight].
Building upon the premise established by the Death's Gate technique, this technique now makes it possible to use the technique against opponents at greater distances. Drawing upon the superlative speed of Iaido, the practitioner momentarily torques the muscles in their body to instantly accelerate to their maximum speed. Dashing a number of meters equal to the practitioner's Strength, they draw their sword from its scabbard and deliver a blindingly fast slash before resheathing their blade. Properly reading this attack requires the opponent to have a Perception technique of equal or higher rank than this technique. Otherwise, the opponent cannot accurately read the attack and will be unlikely to completely avoid the attack, if at all.

Sasu • Consecutive Cutting
C-rank taijutsu maneuver
Taking inspiration from his Floater style. He has learned to effectively weave different attacks in very quick secession. While these are mostly 3–5 hits. This can be used to deal tons of damage, confusion, fool, and pressure and make them open up for attacks.

Last edited by Mre-face on Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Scorpion

Companion
The Swordsman

Companion
The Angry

Companion

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:25 pm

Chikara was confused, how was this ghost of a being able to stand up if he wasn't tangible? Was this some sort of elemental body or was something else in play? Either way he knew that they couldn't waste too much time fighting this being if they couldn't harm it because sooner or later they wouldn't be able to trap it like they had managed up to this point. Chikara feared that due to the pauldron his powers over genjutsu had diminished meaning that they were greatly susceptible to such an attack.

A heavy sigh escaped Chikara's breath, he knew that Enzaragi was better at close quarter combat but he wasn't sure if they should try to attempt to take this thing down fully because things seemed to be getting out of hands faster than they could combat this thing. Slowly but surely without their knowledge the trees surrounding the them would begin to catch on fire, the heat would soon begin to overwhelm them if they didn't either take it down or run for their lives.

"Alright, Let's do this!" His voice wasn't dripping with confidence but it was filled with conviction. Chikara flipped over another set of chained attacks before he would attempt to strike it on the right shoulder with both of his blades, hoping to time it so Enzaragi could find some sort of opening. The opening of the wound would cause the Djinn to lose his grip on one of the chained weapons, which ended up embedding the wall behind Chikara, while the other one swung wildly at Enzaragi.

He slid to a halt then peered back towards where Chie had escaped, hoping that she would return soon because he was starting to stress over the fact that this thing might be a grade over their level. I don't even know what the fuck this thing even is...

metaShow
[Odoriko • Flip Draw]
C-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: Sword.
With this technique the user is able to flip in any direction and draw their blade, slashing towards the targets chest area. Used to create a cut that aims to cut off some muscle tissue (-3 Strength), the wound and debuff stays until the wound has been treated as muscle veins has been snapped.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Mre-face

Post by Mre-face » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:57 pm

As Enzaragi rushed in, heart pumping and ready to distract and damage the spirit as he rushed in he was targeted dodging flaming attacks narrowly dodging with a hair. While Enzaragi would always do his best to avoid as many attacks as possible, he could always rely upon his regeneration, however powerful strikes combined with fire wasn't something he wanted to heal from. His style was hit and make them miss.

As Enzaragi closed in his arms, naturally fell down upon his blades ready to slice down at any moment. Chikara had managed to close the distance and cut into Djinn's shoulder, which caused its blade to drop. Which made Enzaragi come to the conclusion that they were tangible, which meant he could potentially use its own weapon against itself. As he closed in, Enzaragi performed Eishin's ripper draw combined with his own Iaido helmet splitter, aiming to cut across its chest and other shoulder. However, this time it had managed to hold on to its other chain blade. Basically performing a similar flip slice to Chikara before deciding to duck under as it tried to counter-attack.

Grabbing the blade logged into the tree, and gripping the chain it connected too into his offhand. Dodging more and more chain attacks, Enzaragi's stamina was getting chipped away, not to the point of exhaustion but enough for him to realize the danger they were in more and more. Combine that with the continuous barrage and their previous attacks, and the fleeing. They had to end this quicker, otherwise they would join the undead.

Upon Dodging another one of the Djinn's attacks, Enzaragi wrapped part of the chain unto the blade end before running around a tree. The idea was to use its leverage around the tree to slow it down. Which proved successful. "Gotcha!" Enzaragi would make a bet, but in times like these it required a certain amount of risk. As it wrapped around, Enzaragi ran to the other side of the tree and threw the remaining length of the chain at the flame spirit. As it would log into the Djinn Enzaragi would rush in and perform his amputation combination to hack off the arm as he simultaneously grabbed the chain that was attached to the other blade. As he grabbed the end of the chain, he would yank on it, causing it blade logged into the Djinn to free itself as the attached part flew around the tree and towards him. Freeing itself.

This infuriated the spirit of fire. "You dare steal my weapons from me! I will burn you worse than the deepest pits of hell" As it l Enzaragi knew that this small victory was short-lived and jumped and cartwheeled backwards, realizing he had obtained a powerful weapon. He looked at the blades in awe, he realized the strength they held. He then looked towards Chikara as the damaged Djinn slowly repaired itself ready to attack again, likely more furious as it had its weapon removed. "That plan better be here soon, cause this spirit doesn't seem to stop. Shit, I think it's growing... EY Chikara! Look at what I got!!!" He presented the weapons, twirling them in a flurry, taking the time to celebrate to calm his nerves and have a minor celebration. It also helped that could get the bonus of causing the spirit to react. It wasn't very long after his minor taunt that he was forced to avoid the oncoming attacks of fire, which had lit the trees and forest ablaze. Panting and exhausted, Enzaragi was hoping that whatever Chie had planned would be here soon
MetaShow
Iaido • Dual Amputation Combination
A-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 30 Speed, 25 Strength
Sheathing and unsheathing His swords with incredible speed and accuracy, the user aims a large number of slashes at the limbs of their opponent. These slashes are made with blinding speed and can be feinted to draw an enemy's guard to a specific area to open up other areas, but they are primarily aimed at the target's limbs in an attempt to cleanly detach the limb from the body. Continuing this onslaught for prolonged periods of time is very taxing and will drain much of the user's physical stamina if used too much. The use of two swords makes it faster than the normal amputation combination
Last edited by Mre-face on Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Scorpion

Companion
The Swordsman

Companion
The Angry

Companion

Trusted Grader

Post by Trusted Grader » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:10 pm

Chikara watched Enzaragi perform his attacks, he was able to follow their movements, which thanks to the pauldron was possible, he backflipped on to the cliffside behind him and pushed past both Enzaragi and the Djinn, he rolled on the grass and watched how Enza managed to trick the Djinn and take its weapon. Chikara wanted to sheer on but got almost mad when he saw that Enzaragi celebrated that he had gotten a new weapon, Chikara wanted to scold him for not focusing on what truly was important but then thought back to how he had claimed that he was a Jashinist.

I guess Immortal people don't take shit serious huh? Chikara grit his teeth and performed another backflip in order to dodge the flaming outburst from the Djinn, he could feel the temperature rising and spotted how the beast became even larger, which to Chikara was his cue to bail, he didn't care at this point if Enzaragi was going to be mad at him running because he knew that there was no chance they could defeat this being, especially with the terrain being on its side, fire and wood were not best friends and right now they were standing inside a forest that was fortunately connected to a small river stream.

Chikara blinked and in-between the fire display and darkness he spotted Chie within his minds eye, her vision showed that she was on her way back, which Chikara took as a great sign. "Ey, let's get the fuck out of here! " He sheathed his swords and turned tail, this thing wasn't going to stop until it reached its goal, which at this point seemed almost like it wanted to cook their skin. Chikara leaped and rolled away from oncoming attacks until he reached Chie.

"I managed to call them." Chie grabbed his hand and began to run with Chikara towards a small river that would lead them towards a massive waterfall.

"Them?" Chie didn't answer him but instead rushed away from the waterfall and towards a massive cliffside as the Djinn would continue to wreck the forest in pursuit of the mercenaries. Chikara grit his teeth and shivered as he finally realised that this was the premonition he had experienced before, he turned to face the cliffside and took a deep breath, he knew what he had to do but he wasn't sure if he should do it. "We have to jump!" Chie smiled because that was what she had planned all along.

The Djinn would present itself now bigger than before, causing Chie to leap away from Chikara and closer to Enzaragi, the stress had caused their vision to be shared again, causing him to grab his head in pain. He knew that there was no time to rest now unless he wanted to take an eternal nap. Chikara turned around and ran through the dark forest, each step clinging on to the earth at a blink of an eye, pounding and vanishing at the same pace. Sweat rolled down his brow, his eyes covered with fear, reflecting what could only be described as the biggest power surge he had ever witnessed. Chie was dashing away with the The Jashinist, while his body rushed towards his only salvation. Drowning in fear, the mercenary ducked and rolled under a log, he slid down the hill and leapt down the waterfall as the flame engulfed his surroundings, chasing his fall before enveloping him entirely.

Right when he believed he would be swallowed, two more set of eyes joined his head space, these two seemed to be in the air as well. Choosing to risk their lives these two set of eyes flew into the fire and captured the three of them midair and flew them out of harms way. It wasn't until they managed to clear the smog and fire that Chikara realised that Chie had managed to call forth Shiryoku, the eagle had raised, while the other seemed to be an owl of some sort, carrying Chie on its back while Shiryoku had clasped each of the mercenaries on it's massive talons. Chikara looked over at Chie who smiled and poked out her tongue, that was when he finally realised it, the guide had already completed the mission before hand and this was most likely why Slag and Crag had captured her, they wanted to know where Ayuma was. Sneaky bastard. Chikara looked back at the Djinn who seemed frustrated that they got away, especially Enzaragi who had managed to steal its weapon.

The mercenary laughed as he couldn't believe the turn of events, they not only managed to survive but he had somehow begun to understand his doujutsu a bit better, that or he was experiencing some sort of psychosis. "Sayonara, you flaming piece of shit!" Chikara flipped the Djinn and fist bumped Enzaragi if he responded, they would be safe, for now.
Last edited by Trusted Grader on Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CharactersShow
Order
The Compassionate
Karagata, Yuuto
[Lightblue]
SSM
Sushi
The Lawful
Shoshiki, Amaya
[Palegoldenrod]
H.N.K
Wana, Ran
The Hunter
Inuzuka, Kitsui
[Forestgreen]
N/A
Wana
Treasure Hunter
Amigaou, Mahalow
[Olive]
[N/A]
[N/A]
The Invisible
Nonki, Hotaru
[#7FA08C][Dimgray][Gray]
S.T.R.A.T.O.S
Kirie
The Mercenary
Nara, Chikara
[Purple]
Setsuzoku
The Cryomancer
Aisu, Yuri
[Skyblue]
N/A
N/A
The Jashinist
Kijo, Nehan
[Maroon]
Chishiki
Graw

Amaya's Book 1
Amaya's Book 2

Mre-face

Post by Mre-face » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:36 am

Chikara didn't seem impressed with Enzaragi's presentation. It made sense not many people would celebrate in a time like this, but his immortality gave him some leeway. Enzaragi looked towards the flaming beast as it went on the attack, it's flaming fury made it even glow more as its heat rose, and its attacks became more enraged that was when Enzaragi realized that this fight was futile, Enzo wasn't the type to run but as this fight continued he realized that there was no point, and he would rather escape with his new-found partner than fight an unnecessary fight to the death. He had faith that Jashin would protect him regardless, but there was no need to risk it unnecessarily, Jashin was his guardian but not enough to save him from dire situations he himself got himself into. It wasn't his god's responsibility to keep him completely safe all the time.

As Chikara gave them the signal to leave, Enzaragi took the opportunity to throw out his blades in order to distract it, the intent was simply to cause it to dodge with its head before he turned his heel and dashed besides Chie who had hopped besides Enzaragi. They followed Chikara the path was complex and cramped. They slip jumped and slid to avoid the spirit's wrath. The branches that blocked his path were swiftly cut down by Zaragi. Even then the speed of the Djinn was surprising, it rivaled their own, and it made him uncomfortable how close it got to them the fact it was growing in power was terrifying. The flames, previous fighting and nervousness made him sweat profusely, turn out wearing a black robe wasn't the best for circumstances like this, regardless Enzaragi couldn't let his partners down what kind of partner fails on their first mission.

"Jump!? Jump where precisely!? Has the heat gotten to your head?" Enzaragi was confused was there was no particular path that he could see where they could jump until they approached the waterfall. The idea to dive into the waterfall below seemed ridiculous. "I can survive and regenerate from that. No way this is the plan" Don't get Enzaragi wrong, he wants to live, but he would rather not break his bones unnecessarily and tend to his injuries for his survival it didn't help that Chikara and Chie were not as sturdy as himself especially with his regeneration. There didn't seem to be any other way, so Enzaragi went along regardless.

Enzaragi took the literal leap of faith, he prayed for his and Chikara's safety as two giant birds caught them midair. The Djinn quite literally hot on their trail until it was swallowed by the water, It seems his prayer was answered, So this was the plan, eh? Not only was it the plan it was also mission complete, they had retrieved the spirit owl Ayuma which was targeted by Slag and Crag. As they flew away with their lives intact, they each celebrated in their own ways. Enzaragi performed a Bras d'honneur or "Arm of honor" gesture. His right bicep flexed and fist pointing in the air. His left which slap grabbed by his left arm both. He presented it up high, both as a means of celebration and as an insult towards the Djinn. Enzaragi reciprocated Chikara's fist bump with a devious smile on his face.

"Nice plan. I guess that is mission complete? Thank Jashin! " Enzaragi took a deep breath and chuckled, a wave of relief fell over his entire body, it's like everything became colder and lighter. "What a wild ride. This was the most fun I have had in a while. I think I am gonna stick with you for a little while. " He petted the oversized bird in enthusiasm, but what Enzaragi didn't realize was that he had a new best friend in the making.
The Scorpion

Companion
The Swordsman

Companion
The Angry

Companion

Return to “Other Countries”