Conquest, Liberation, all named War

River Country Take-over

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:40 pm

The sun had begun to rise over the far horizon to Gaia's melody of life. With the water's gentle flow fish leapt for their morning meals. A chill haze filled the air as the night's misty vapors struggled to cling to the earth, defiant against the sun's invasive warmth and light. The frog song joined the choir as the last embers began to fade and die in the pit. The smoke wafted into the morning air and dissipated as the final glow was snuffed out.

"It's getting worse. . ." Kori hadn't slept all through the night, his wings wrapped around his frame in a desperate attempt to warm himself. The scales on his back and face were cracking. Were orange ridges of heat would dance playfully across his form now only ashen grays remained. To look into his eyes was to see a glimpse of the pain his body was going through. "I'm going to have to go back. . . I. . ." His voice was silenced as he looked up at a small framed girl who caught his eyes. She looked sympathetically at him and stroked the raven hair of her lover who's head lay in her lap. "Yeah, you are." She spoke softly, strange to those who knew her despite the thin and supple frame she wore. "At least for a short while."

Kori unfolded his wings and examined the ashen and charcoal skin that covered him head to toe. Only across his chest was there a resemblance of the intense living furnace that was the dragon's core. "It hurts like hell." His voice barely cracked. Katsu moved a lock of ebony hair from her mate's face and gazed upon her for a brief moment before gently relieving herself from the duties of a pillow, careful not to wake the woman. She half walked half crawled over to Kori and embraced him tenderly, petting his head as a child. "I know, darling. I know and I'm sorry." Kori didn't resist and allowed himself to be held actually resting his head on her shoulder. "Please find me a new host." Katsu pulled him closer into her, letting the jade curtains of hair spill over them both. "I will, dear. I promise I will." It was a full minute she held him before releasing and looking him in the eyes. "Once today is done, Vorashu himself couldn't stop me."

Anori, clad in full leathers and furs, emerged from the make-shift house to stretch in the morning sun. Upon seeing the pair embraced she made a point to make as little sound as possible, letting the two have their moment. A smile did dance about her lips to see her daughter and surrogate grandson, desperately pushing back the ugly business ahead and the reason for the gesture. She'd wander into the woods with spear and knife in hand, some rope on her hip. With a day of battle ahead, this crew would need a good meal.

Arsa would wake next, stretching to shake off the night's stiffness. The cool air caused her skin to prickle before she retrieved the skins she wore for warmth, wrapping them around herself as a blanket. She looked at Kori and Katsu just as they began to part and understanding came to a mind clouded with the haze of sleep. "The sun sets, mighty dragon." Katsu and Kori looked towards her and he hung his head. instinctively a claw reached for his chest as pain radiated outward and his shivered. "Just as our sun rises so to shall yours. When morning's fog has cleared I shall ease your pain once more." Kori nodded in thanks as Katsu once more braced him.

Hide was the last to rise. His titanic bulk could be heard as the first foot hit the floor from inside. The sounds of rattling metal told of his preparations for the day to come. Katsu withdrew from Kori, leaving him to take care of his preparations. She strolled over to where their newest guest had chosen to rest, gathering a cup and filling it from the river on the way. She squat down beside him and moved to gently shake Aimi awake, unsure if he was still asleep or not. "Hey, big guy. Time to get up and get ready. Got you something to wet the throat."

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:27 pm

Hide was not the last to rise; Aimi was. He lay outside on his back with his arms folded behind his head, his eyes closed and his body still save for the rising and falling of his chest. He lay close to where the fire had been the night before and now only ash remained. He was asleep, by the time that Katsu came to him, and he slept soundly but not deeply. It was such a sleep that as he was shaken awake his eyes snapped open immediately and darted to Katsu who stood over him as if he had already been conscious. The first thought that ran through his mind once the thin veil of sleep had lifted was, 'What's with this... sassy, lost child?' before recalling that this was Katsu, the same woman who had scared him so the day before. She just looked younger now for some reason that was likely related to her transformation. Right. Right. He remembered.

Lifting his head up and pulling his arms out from under it the bannin sat up, sniffled, looked at the cup of water, took it, drank from it, then shivered intensely. The cool water slipping down his throat had done wonders of reminding his body how cold it actually was in absence of a fire. Groggily he turned his head towards the fire pit and lifted his arm up as though to cast a jutsu - but stopped! He remembered, too, that a sudden fire like that would likely cripple the young-looking beast beside him. That couldn't happen today. Today was too important. He lowered his arm and turned his body to the left, setting the cup down and grabbing the sword and belt he had taken off before sleeping and stood up. Aimi would wrap the belt around his waist and buckle it, hold his arms out to the side and say, "There, ready to rumble. Just need to do some stretching and such before we get started."

It was then that the morning yawns chose to struck and the Kaguya opened his mouth wide as he did so, reaching up and rubbing what little sleep still remained in his eyes before looking down at Katsu and sniffling again. "So why do you look like that anyways?" he asked, pulling the sword slowly out from its' sheath and glancing around for a suitable rock that he could use to spark a fire to life in hope of warming up. At that exact moment that was the only thing that was really keeping him from being 100% ready.

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:53 pm

Katsu stood and looked to ignore the question before sighing. She looked at the man gathering his equipment and then turned towards the river, shame splayed across her face. "I can't explain too well. I've never been the best with words so I'm sorry if this isn't the best answer. I can't explain it but. . . fire. . . It triggers something. Something I can't figure out or control at all. Even before all this shit with. . ." She waved her hands in gesture at her entire body. "Whatever the fuck this is fire causes some kinda primal instinct deep down to just overwhelm everything I'm thinking at the time. A small burn pit is nice but keep that shit contained ya know?

She looked towards the nearby creek and kneeled into a sit, letting her legs be covered up to the knee. "Fact of the matter is even before Vorashu I've fucking hated it. Shit man, look at what fire fucking does? It consumes and devours whatever is in its fucking path. I know I'm sounding like some kind of angst driven child but I can't come to terms with that. Yet I'm a huge fucking hypocrite cause Kori over there is literally born into the shit and NEEDS it to survive. Bastard is dying cause we can't keep him warm enough. Fact is I love that dragonic ass hole and his entire schtick is fire and brimstone." At this Kori affected a smile as Arsa had begun to lean him back, gathering some still gently smoldering coals from deep in the pit to lay across his chest.

"When you lit up the sky I was ready to shove my arm up your ass far enough I could replace your eyes with my fingers. At the same time I just wanted to fucking run. I locked up cause how the shit do you run from the literal sky being on fire? I went full beast, not for the first time mind. Mom had to. . . somehow walk into that shit and calm me down. Need to figure out how the hell she did that later cause not a damn thing has survived that. . . cloak. The important part was she kinda took me back to a different head. Leave it to her. . ." She shook her head. "Long story short I freaked the fuck out, mom and Arsa helped me calm down, and in that time I kinda lost all my aggro. I didn't even recognize what had happened until Arsa pointed it out."

"For the beast to choose such a small frame is truly a treat. I admire the beautiful display and like to think it to attract me! A mating display by chance?" Arsa said in teasing jest as she stoked the coals and added fresh tinder to burn upon Kori. Katsu threw a small rock at her in faux retaliation. "Either way, I'll likely make each of you shit your pants, at least those of you that wear pants, when shit gets started. Does that answer yer question?"

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:11 pm

Katsu spoke... Katsu spoke a lot, doing her best to explain why she reacted the way she had and why she looked the way she did. Honestly speaking Aimi tuned most of it out, not for lack of interest but because he was still waking up more or less. Being cold didn't help his concentration much either. The bannin listened but it was mostly in one ear and out of the other. The only part that he really held on to was her brief explanation as to why she was afraid of fire and while it was true enough, he couldn't help but think, 'Except for humans. We mastered it rather than got consumed by it...' This simple though was enough to abate his fear of the flame, but he supposed that someone with pyrophobia wouldn't find it that easy to digest.

The rest of what she said was taken in as bullet points to his tired mind: She froze when he set the sky on fire, her mother was able to calm her down, when she calmed down she was like that rather than how she had been, and the dragon needed fire to live. He and Kori would get along famously, then. Then the shaman woman walked over and threw out some teasing words and tossed some kindling on the dead fire. That's when he noticed he needed to pee. "Mm. More or less," he grunted in answer, turning his bleary eyes towards the fire and holding up his hand. With a snap of his fingers, and a channeling of a minuscule amount of chakra, the kindling that Arsa had set down in the fire pit caught ablaze and was contained, burning the kindling and acting as a small, gentle flame that was the exact opposite of the sky blazing he had demonstrated the day before. "I'ma go piss," he said bluntly, stretching on the spot as a shiver ran up and down his spine and caused his arms and legs to spasm.

Turning away from them he would walk away from the camp and towards the river where, once he had a cursory look around to make sure there was no one around to get disgusted at him for doing so (force of habit, really) he reached down and pulled his cloak apart before relieving his bladder directly into the water with a sigh, reaching up and scratching at the corner of his eye while he did so. Again he sniffled and tried to go over the information that Katsu had given him, telling himself it might be important for the day to come. If Katsu went berserk while he was close by it might be better to go get her mom to calm her down rather than trying to tussle with her himself. He wasn't there to fight with her after all, he just wanted to kill some people who deserved it and relieve some stress.... that's what he kept telling himself anyways.

His morning urination finished the bannin would let go of his cloak to cover his modesty and turn back towards back. He wasn't fool enough to think that they would be leaving immediately and wanted to take the time to warm and loosen up before things got started. As such, upon reaching the vicinity of the camp once more, he would make his way over towards the crackling fire, stand close to it, and begin to stretch. First his arms, crossed over his torso and held one at a time, then his legs, his back, shoulders, hips, knees, et cetera. The amount of stretching and the variety that he did showed, to those who could see it, the sheer extent of his bodily knowledge. Aimi Kaguya was nothing if not a taijutsu master, after all. He knew what needed to be done in order to perform optimally.

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:41 pm

Hide retrieved his pipe and lit it up. Once Aimi returned he looked over the group and noticed some serious issues in their lines. With Kori being down there would be a lack of walling potential until the girl bought out the big version. Aimi and Katsu were more than enough to handle the internal affairs as is. Arsa would need time to set up her grid, though now he damned himself a fool not convincing their two monsters to act as her horse to speed it up. Doing so now would only be depriving them their catharsis. Anori, Himself, and Arsa would have to act the vanguard at first. . . . "Yup, need the shield for this one." Hide would say just as Aimi would begin to return. He dismissed himself to the storage shed.

Anori would return with a line of no less than two dozen different fish from not far off, having been just up river from Aimi's chosen restroom. Seeing the gathered lot she flashed a smile and raised the meal. Without a word she strolled toward the fire, past Aimi and making a point to give him a noticeable and admiring glance. With some herbs rubbing into the already cleaned meal the air began to fill with the scent of ambrosia. At this Katsu stopped brooding by the water's edge and finally came over, just now noticing the stretching banin.

Without speaking a word the current small woman finally took him in, not just sizing him up. What she saw was a man who obviously had emaculate form, honed and trained. He relied on tools forged to achieve his skill but the physical perfection was impossible to miss. With each movement the muscle would ripple beneath skin pulled taught. There was a beauty in it, a dedication to the craft he had chosen, and the honing of tools at his disposal. She had to squelch a slight envy at his mastery over tool that required no excessive pain to gain though. . . . One she had to endure now.

As Arsa tended the flames and Kori, Hide gathered his chosen loadout, Anori cooking their meal, Katsu too began to prepare for the day's events. She found a small clearing and made no effort to hide. Once more skin and muscle ripped, tainting the sweet smells with that of blood. She growled and suppressed the desire to scream out. Her back sundered as two wings began to force their way out, skeletal at first. Her spine elongated until that wicked dagger had come forth once more. From her brow two horns sprout forth, each nail turned to talons. The once supple and soft skin began to harden and mold, forming a hard armor. As her teeth clenched and the pain ebbed her maw malformed into rows of jagged teeth. Each knuckle became a spike and a thick bile began to froth at the edges of her mouth, scorching the ground where it dropped. The last of her grizzly transformation was several small pits that now lined her nose.

Arsa, Kori, and Anori watched her metamorphosis, each showing clear signs of repressed disturbed feelings. Once it was over it was Arsa who would break the discomfort, obviously attepting to alleviate the known tension such a change caused each time. "The beast has returned those her frame remains. Take care, little monster. I'd not do well distracted. The same could be said of such a man as Aimi though the frame of Katsu appeals more."

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:13 pm

Aimi more or less ignored what everyone else was doing as he warmed himself up. Whatever looks he got were no more strange or warranted than those he received by strangers when they realized (usually if they paid attention to him walking) that he was likely wearing little else underneath his cloak. The group was just going about its' business and doing what they could to prepare. He did take a few steps back away from the fire when Anori began to cook the fish she had caught though, just so he wasn't in the way. Truth be told he was too preoccupied with his own anxious thoughts to pay much attention to what was happening around him. Despite being accepted as an asset to this group and the promise of catharsis in the kills that were to come and the good nights' rest, his stomach still churned with unease at even the slightest thought of Konoha. He pushed such thoughts away as quickly as they appeared, but still...

It wasn't until Katsu began to transform did he focus on something that wasn't his own body. Like the rest of them he would turn to look over at the small beast (though he didn't drop what he was doing, instead standing on one leg and holding the other by the ankle behind him as high as he could to stretch his calf and thigh muscles). The smell of blood, the sound of pain, the sound of snapping bones... it was all familiar to him. While the rest of Katsus' group looked on with held in disgust, he gazed on the transformation with apathy. To him such horror was just a reminder of his own upbringing. Nothing special beyond the visual spectacle of transformation and the gore. It didn't even seem to have the same horrifying effect on him that it had the day before and indeed it wasn't nearly as terrifying. She looked more like an imp now than a nightmare incarnate. An imp that echoed many a snapped bone he suffered growing up.

It was Arsa who broke the silence and Aimi's gaze on Katsu. Her jest hit a little bit dull, but he could recognize someone trying to break the ice when he saw it. He lowered his leg to the ground softly and ran his fingers over his scalp through his hair. "If you're asking me to put on a shirt, keep dreaming. I hide perfection for no one!" he said in a similarly joking tone. That being said he was still just as anxious as the rest of them - just for different reasons. And like many anxious people he was eager to distract himself at the first possibility. Thus he turned to Hide and asked the simple question, "So, when do we head out? Once we've all finish eating?"

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:50 pm

Hide returned just as Katsu finished her metamorphosis, his gaze intentionally diverted. He looked towards the trees at an unseen hope. "We eat then we head out, hopefully being followed. Can't see em now but sure denny want them seeing that. Scare 'em off." He jabbed a thumb towards his daughter who now stood, panting and covered in gore. She shuddered and growled, still attempting to get the excruciating pain under control. " When we arrive I'll give the ultimatum. Assuming they don't surrender, you two can take off then. We'll act a distraction and handle the sell swords."

(Time jump to after eating)

The scraps would be discarded in a small hole dug by Anori to return to Gaia's cycle. Katsu had progressively grown more agitated and quiet in mental preparation for the events to transpire. The air surrounding her seemed to grow ever more tense. Kori went to stand beside her, not bothering to gather his equipment, knowing he'd be useless in his current situation. But the comfort of her ire brought some joy. Arsa had painted herself with various symbols and adorned her leathers and head dress. Hide had his armor and shield, as well as his titanic maul and sword. Anori was the only one out of place, having discarded the spear and knife she wielded before, instead appearing to mirror her daughter in temperament. Though hers was not from anger, but calculated coldness. "Come, we march." Hide spoke with a booming voice, clearly trying to speak to those who remained hidden, if they were even truly there.

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:26 pm

They would be marching on the largest village of River Country, which was not saying much. The home of the Nagare clan, this village was considered the economic and cultural center of this disparate country, and would be the victory the pair needed to take their rightful place as the overseers of the land. Given their range, however, it would be important to note that several kilometers west would begin the farmlands of the next closest village. The village of the noble Nagare was bordered by a wall, hardly more than 10 feet in height, it was less of a defense and more of a delineation. Gates would break the brick at each of the cardinal directions, and the perfectly circular village would be like a wheel with spokes, divided into 8 triangular sections, with a large castle at its center. There was enough space in this village to house maybe 500 people. Likely 30% of that being the various branches of the Nagare clan, and the remaining 70% being people under their employ.

On this particular morning, however, there was commotion in the sleepy village that did not see commotion often. The sound of metal against metal reverberated through the air from various parts of the village, deep shouts from men would bellow occasionally that sounded vaguely like orders. It had seemed the consequence of the battle between the two conquerers yesterday had resulted in the tenative awareness by these people that something was coming. Of course, the people of River Country, not even the famed Nagare clan, had a full understanding of what shinobi were capable of, and they certainly did not have an understanding of what these shinobi were capable of.

Standing with his arms crossed at the eastward gate, a man standing at about 6 feet in height would let out a sigh. The dark glasses covering his eyes protected them from the sun that was washing over his body as it rose. With all the commotion happening within his village, he seemed generally unconcerned, almost annoyed that it was occurring. Perhaps the danger he was in had simply not yet registered in him yet, after all, he had no idea what threat their people were facing.

Within the castle walls a large man, shaped more like a circle than a square, rolled out of bed, quite literally. Plopping onto the ground, he would waddle to his windows, closing the glass panes and letting out an annoyed groan, "I told them to prepare for whatever this threat was, not to keep me from sleep.", he complained. It seemed this man was the notorious head of the Nagare Clan, Shikamatsu. "Have we determined what caused all that chaos?", he called out seemingly to no one. However, before he even finished the heavy breath that followed the sentence, a man with a thin frame would slip through a crack in the door, his arms crossed behind his back, "We have not, my liege, but we anticipate they will arrive here soon if they continue in the direction they were heading.".

Shikamatsu let out another annoyed groan followed by heavy breathing, it seemed walking across his room was quite a bit of exercise. "Be sure whatever it is is eliminated quickly. I would like to head to Soiya for their delicious mangoes today. Prepare my carriage for after the battle!", he demanded before collapsing into a chair heavily breathing.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:37 am

The march to the village was long - longer than it needed to be in Aimi Kaguya's eyes - but purposeful. Hide explained that it wasn't just his family plus Aimi that needed to be there that day it was as many of the regular denizens of this country as well. That was why they marched through the hot, sticky marshes rather than fly over them and arrive at their destination in what would have been literal minutes; so that the regular people could keep up on foot. It took hours to get from the campsite where they had slept the night before to get where they were going, all the white Aimi was struggling with his own thoughts... at least at first. It took him maybe an hour to not look straight ahead and turn his head towards the sound of a snapping twig off in the distance. That's when he saw them.

The people. Dozens of them. Walking in unorganized, shabby rows and clots of numbers, sticking together with family perhaps or just ending up that way because of gait. Men, women, children, all sorts, all disheveled, all dirty, all pretty skinny. They reminded him of his wayward samurai friend Fanho. The black-haired swordsman was very tall and quite lanky and looking upon these hordes of people it never occurred to him that his thinness might not be a result of metabolism. These people were hungry, and their marching with him showed that their hunger wasn't just physical. As he looked around to and fro he saw that they were actually leading a pack of what must have been close to a hundred at this point in their journey, and with every step their numbers grew.

By the time that they arrived at the Nagare clan village several hours later and in the late afternoon, the sun having already begun to set, there would be a veritable horde of citizens who had probably come from all over to see what would happen that day.

As they gathered while they marched Aimi's thoughts turned away from his own anxieties towards what Hide had tried to explain to him. Seeing all these people made him realize that what he was about to do would have an impact on all of these peoples' lives. With a quick swing of his sword, setting a fire or two, punching a guy or whatever else he ended up doing in the hours to come he will have helped in freeing these people from a select few who ruled over them dispassionately and without care for their general well being so long as theirs was upheld. The thought was... queasy in his stomach. It wasn't bad, just strange, for the Kaguya bannin was in this for catharsis, not revolution. Yet despite his own motives revolution was exactly what he was about to bring. Given the general similarities of the nobility of Kirigakure and how everyone below them was treated, especially ninja, and what he had seen and experienced in Konohagakure, to say that he wasn't feeling quite himself was putting it mildly.

Yet he marched. And before he knew it, they had arrived.

In the late afternoon sun Aimi was the first to emerge from the tree line for he had kept a bit ahead of everyone else. He stood several dozen meters still yet from the walls of the village, damp with sweat, his wrappings dirty from water and mud, left arm resting on the pommel of his black and his eyes beheld the walls he was about to topple and... he thought, 'This... might be less effort than I thought...' Based solely on the size of the wall and comparing it to the thoughts he had had in his mind on how to break through this village, be that with some taijutsu, simply flying over, or decimating the wall of the village itself with his Dance of the Seedling Ferns, he had been expecting a bit more of an obstacle than a 10 foot wall! 'Perhaps I was just projecting a bit...' he again thought as he stood, waiting for everyone else to catch up. It would only be a moment or two before Katsu, Hide, Kori, Arsa and Anori to emerge from the wilderness behind him, and after them?

The horde would arrive.

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:48 am

They marched and gathered the army of desperate souls that should be driven by such ravenous hunger. They marched with a man born in violence and mastering it's cruelty. They marched with a family brought together through determination and sheer willpower, yet steeped in agonizing choices. A man once known as the Mercenary King to give up a life of bloodshed and become a family man. A woman to continue surviving for the sake of a girl born on a stormy night. A girl once forsaken by life, yet finding true comfort in the world beyond it. A dragon leaving his home to seek novelty through agonizing breath. And finally a monster born of chaos who touches them all in some way, manifesting in her penultimate violence.

As the marshlands firmed and water turned to dirt the gathering grew ever more passionate. Men and women took up arms fashioned from simple stone and wood. Many had claimed weapons forgotten by passing soldiers, their pitted blades stained with rust. Not a one laughed or jested, all had determination filling their being as they marched behind this lot. The children were forced back, but even the most cowardly of the grown now stood to throw their life on the line for a better future for their kin. Now that they did not hide they walked as if to form a makeshift army of the damned behind their blood soaked saviors.

The wall stood trite against the cataclysm that walked in front, though Aimi and Katsu had been told to stay their hand. Hide looked over his shoulders at the two walking weapons, paranoid glances to make sure their lust was held in check. He admired the grim determination upon the hordes. Last he looked to his daughter chosen by Katsu, his wife with her lips curled in a snarl, and the dragon Kori, barely walking as agony gripped him. To each he nodded and raised a hand, staying their advance. With that, he lay down his hammer and sword, carrying only the large round shield as he progressed through the open field to meet the man at the gate.

"Oi lad, yer leader is asked to speak. We're here to relieve them of their duty as they have failed to uphold it. Send this message, lad and we will wait for response. I'd rather keep the bloodshed down, why I stay the hand of me daughter and her friend. Regret ta say I can't let these folks keep goin abused and hungry though, why I brought them with me. Drop yer weapons and ye be spared their violence, their orders not to harm the bystander. Ye also be reasoned ta share the wealth and resources, making yer people strong. Keep yer blade and I'll not keep their ire caged any longer. Will ye do this fer me, lad?"

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:10 pm

Through the course of the day, the air of war in the small village began to turn stale. Impatience took over as the clanging of steel slowed, the chanting and excitement gave way to silence. To some, it was even more intimidating. To others, it rang of relief that perhaps nothing was coming. As the sun began to set, a few shouts would come from the various towers within the village, the lookouts recognizing the horde of people that appeared and marched forward. The lumbering oaf Shikamatsu had turned from excited -- and fearful -- for the potential of war, to gloating that their preparation had scared off whatever threat had been coming. He went on with his days, which was mostly harassing the staff and eating, undeterred. As the sun set, he sat at his large dining hall table, munching on chicken when an aid ran into the room to alert him, they were coming. Shikamatsu seemed unaffected, "Our man is standing guard still, last I heard. He'll handle it. Make sure our forces are on guard...just in case."

The man standing at the gate puffed on a cigarette, he hadn't ate all day, just stood, standing, watching. The smoke left his mouth as he exhaled, and as Hide approached, he remained in his relaxed pose. Hide spoke, having dropped his weapons, and the man just....stood there. His dark glasses - still worn in the twilight - hide the expression on his face. But his brows had dropped down together behind the frames as well, and his lip curled up slightly. "What.....the fuck did you just say? You sound like a hillbilly.", he shook his head, adding "Turn around, theres nothing for you here." The army Hide had behind him seemed to not affect this man in any way. If anything it seemed almost as if he was unaware they were even there. He raised the cigarette between his fingers back to his lips. Perhaps it would be at this point Hide would notice the intricate seals that laced the mans hands and circled up his arm, the detail spiraling over itself into smaller and smaller detail, looking almost infinitesimally small.

Behind the man, the wall that "towered" over them failed to mask the activity that was behind him. Men shouting orders, it was clear there was some form of military behind the walls. Even if it was unrefined, it was a military nonetheless. The clanging of swords against shields, heavy footsteps as troops organized themselves into their orderly fashion. Hide may have walked with these stragglers in large numbers, but they were simple people with no sort of training. The military behind this wall was at least official.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:48 am

Hide looked over this man with stern eyes. He absorbed the arrogance in his tone and said nothing. The brown eyes looked at the guard's arm, and witnessed the seals. The titan didn't know what they meant, recognizing them as seals of shinobi origin but not knowing their purpose. The cig between his lips told of possible lung damage and thus stamina issues. In short, he witnessed a man who'd seen his fair share of combat. Sadly, he also doubted the man had seen much true warfare. . . though the Titan had been wrong before.

With a heavy sigh he looked to catch this man's eyes, lowing the bear skin hood that adorned his head. He hoped to show the sorrow he felt for what must come next. With a look he wished to say so much, yet could only say one thing. "Then I'm sorry, lad. I've a promise to keep. Just keep in mind, if ye step aside ye'll be overlook. If ye fight. . . I do hope yer kin understand." With that Hide took a few steps back, turning slowly though keeping his ears open. The sounds of preparation didn't escape him. There would be sizable force behind those walls. Each of them potentially well armed and trained. A single of their number could slay a dozen of the ramshackle lot. It'd be their job to act a vanguard, as much as possible. Hopefully they had few hardened warriors. Hopefully none from his elder merc days found their homes here.

Hide lifted his hand and hung his head, remourse clear upon his face. He clenched each gauntlet clad finger into a fist and brought it down slowly. With his other he wiped something from his face and lifted his head, replacing the bear's skull that acted a helm. Stern determination painted each aged feature now as he looked upon his army, and his family. He looked to Aimi and Katsu, a sharp nod their signal. "Bring the wall down first. Afterwards ye know yer orders. The rest of ye, form a tight circle behind us. Keep yer weapons pointed out and don't step away. Ward em off and circle around, don't engage unless engaged. We'll act the vanguard. Look to the two who stand among ye, their violence will be brought to bare. Let them show you the primal freedom we've come to grant!"

With that Katsu began to fling herself into a raging fury. Her body rippled with power and dominion, her teeth gnashed with barely chained fury. The crimson cloak of absolute death engulfed her and she stepped forward. Her hands took to the ground and she became as a monster, humanity vanishing. While the gathered masses cheered and shouted their war cries she let their passion fill her, and amplified it. Her eyes fixated for a moment upon Kori and he knew what was to be. Katsu's head flung backwards as her roar pierced the skies, thundering across the land. A primordial challenge to even the gods. Kori, his humanoid body spent and shattered, the internal flame being quenched, dropped in final resolution. From her scream the skies rent open to a meteoric behemoth of heat and earth. Korialstraz fell from the heavens, covered in rock and fire. to land not fifty meters behind them, crashing into the ground with thunderous force. His immense height unfurled from the crater made to not harm any of their lot. The Tyrrant wyrm lifted his maw and unfurled his wings. With a torrent of fire aimed at the skies his roar would join hers.

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:48 am

So it was starting then. Hide gave the word and Aimi shifted on the spot, getting ready to do his thing. Katsu was quicker to act, though. She roared and got on all fours like a beast, deadly chakra radiating off of her body and killing the vegetation beneath her. Aimi took a couple of steps off to the side to avoid that chakra, still not fully understanding it yet. As she tilted her head back and roared out to the side and Kori fell, Aimi turned his head to the sky as it ripped open? And out from it fell a meteor less than a hundred meters away!? This wasn't what Katsu had displayed the day before and to say he was surprised would have been making an understatement. Katsu wasn't doing anything that was overtly frightening like she had done the day before but even so seeing this display, he could feel his heart skip a beat in his chest from the memory and his body tensed up. He relaxed, a bit, as from the meteor (he supposed it wasn't a meteor after all) came a massive black dragon, belching fire into the sky and roaring beside her. He didn't understand it, not really, but he did connect that this dragon he was seeing spew flames was the actual form of the dragon he had seen years ago, now more grown.

Once the initial shock of Katsu and Koris' vicious displays washed over him Aimi turned his head away from the black tyrant and towards the lone guard that stood in their way. The weak masses behind them were practically just as frightened of the sudden appearance of the dragon as they were of the prospect of dying. Some fled, others held their ground, none felt the way they had on the march to this walled city. Aimi remembered what he was there for; catharsis. The bannin stepped forward between the crouching Katsu and the roaring Kori and strode with deliberate steps, slow, towards the guard who, like most of the horde, was looking at the dragon with fear in his eyes. As Aimi approached his attention was drawn to the shirtless Kaguya who stopped directly in front of him, looking him over with a calm face for a moment before turning his head and looking back to Hide. "Fortunately for you, I don't have the go ahead to end you," Aimi noted as he turned back to the guard. "Bleib aus dem Weg, wenn du kein Drachenfutter sein willst," he said in his gibberish language, stepping past the guard and making his way towards the wall. He'd given a warning, even if no one would understand it.

Once at the wall of the small village, Aimi reached out and touched it with his left hand, feeling the rough cuts and flakes of bark. He scoffed at this defense and turned to walk to his left a good 5 meters or so before turning around and in one clean slice, a draw from his sheath so quick that perhaps only Katsu, Hide and the others of their family unit would be able to follow (if they were even paying attention), Aimi would send a wave of cutting air along the wall in beside him and beyond, the thin slice of air travelling up to 50 meters away before dissipating. As the cut passed splinters of wood and bark would go flying as the pressure caused each pole to make an audible popping sound and then, one by one, they would topple over not dissimilar to dominoes. Some fell inwards, some fell out, others criss-crossed over one another and toppled into others. All in all easily 30 meters worth of the 10 foot wall had been cut through, and now a gaping hole was left through which the Horde could enter.

Sniffling, Aimi would place his blade to rest on his right shoulder and turn to Hide before gesturing with his left hand in a sweeping motion towards the opening he had made, as if to say to him, "the door's open." He stood waiting - for Hide and his followers to pass on through, for more guards to come out, but most importantly for Hide to point him in the direction of someone who needed to die. They had a deal, after all.

Jutsu UsedShow
[Iaido • Dragon Strike]
B-Ranked Kenjutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 35 Strength and Speed
The user steps forward with the front leg while unsheathing the blade in a horizontal attacking motion across the body. So swift is this technique that it is akin to a "flash", being impossible to see unless the opponents' Instinct is greater than or equal to the user's Speed. This slash creates a thin wave of nearly invisible air which cuts whatever it comes into contact with with 1/2 the user's Strength and travels up to a distance equal to the user's Strength in meters.

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:49 am

As Hide walked away, the man was largely unaffected by whatever he had to say. The show these people were putting on was exactly that, a show. The man would exhale once more, smoke leaving his mouth and disappearing into the warming afternoon air. He flicked the cigarette into the ground, sighing in frustrating and placing his foot on the cigarette. He would reach up to scratch his neck, the thin black shirt he was wearing would move slightly. To an eagle eyed viewer, the collar would reveal more intricacies on his chest that likely carried down to his torso. Perhaps this man was far stronger than he gave off. As Hide rejoined the ranks, he gave a signal, which seemed to indicate not to the entire army, but to a select few who would begin to respond. His face revealed no response, barren of emotion behind the black glasses her wore. Whatever they were doing made no difference to him. The dragon would descend from the sky, the girl would turn into a beast, and then this strange partially nude man would approach.

Aimi spoke, the guardian was already in motion. His body moving like water, taking a step to the left, forward, his body turning and his palm placed on the square of Aimi's back. The movements he was making confusing and disorienting, intended to counter a man like Aimi who's mere presence betrayed the enormous amount of power he had. The black markings on his arm would rush forward like snakes onto Aimi's skin, wrapping around him and setting in. As they activated, the man would be gone already, moving forward into the group around them. He would pass Hide like a lightning bolt, apparently he didn't find the man threatening in any manner. He would rush up to the transforming Katsu, leaving behind flashes of his appearance and nothing more.

His palm, one more, would press against the beasts chest as she roared. The black markings escaping his arm and wrapping around her large body as it did with Aimi, and quickly the "woman" would find her body frozen in place. He would jump back a few meters, turning to face Hide once more, apparently unaffected by the presence of a dragon.

"There are shinobi, even in these parts.", he said rather flatly. Revealing that he was a shinobi likely wouldn't have caught Hide too off guard, but the attack he just unleashed that would have likely just taken two of the strongest fighters out of commission probably would have. "There is nothing for you here.", he would instruct once more.

As this was happening, the front gate that the guardian had stood next too earlier would open just slightly, perhaps less than an inch. It would appear a shadow moved through it, if only for a moment, and the gate would shut once more with nothing in sight.
SpoilerShow
Flash Step
S-rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 50 Speed, [Acrobatics], [Perception], [Stealth]
Gesshamaru will go from standing still to accelerating his body as full speed. As he does so, his movement will become erratic, taking small missteps that slow him down, then speed back up. To those with less then 40 Speed, this will cause him to appear as if hes teleporting small distances, only leaving afterimages behind as he rushes forward. However, this technique is specifically designed to counter opponents who are capable of moving at high speeds. The method of movement counters the natural intuitive way one moves at this maximum speeds, often disorienting and confusing opponents who -- at high speeds -- typically rely on intuition and prediction to anticipate their opponents movements. This results in what is effectively a debuff of -5, unless the opponent has an S-rank technique that allows them to adapt quickly to these kind of behaviors. However, any opponent who sees this technique in use for at least 3 posts is able to adapt, shaking off the debuff.

Depression
S-rank Fuuinjutsu
An intricate fuuinjutsu, the user will have it pre-drawn, typically on a piece of paper or on their body. When placed against another person with chakra released, the seal will activate. From where-ever its written the seal with move out and expand over the surface, wrapped around their body in a chain like fashion. Once activated, the fuuinjutsu depresses the targets entire biological function. They will feel their breath and heart rate slow, and even their thoughts will feel slower, and their muscles simply not responding to any sort of activation, freezing them in place. They will be in an almost sleep like state as the fuuinjutsu restrains them from being able to act. While this technique can be undone with fuuinjutsu removal techinques, it can also be overpowered through willpower. Individuals with 35 or more willpower can use their incredible strength of will to overpower the effects of the fuuinjutsu, and force their body to behave normally, effectively nullifying its effects.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:25 am

Ah, now that was a surprise. The lone guard had some spunk about him, spunk meaning speed, easily as much as Aimi had and a particular way of moving that must have been a taijutsu of some sort. He moved while Aimi was mid sentence and the bannin's eyes snapped open, his body turning to try and follow his movements but, too late! The seal was placed on his back and its' inky coils snaked over his body. He had enough time to look down at his arm and see the markings, think to himself, 'Damn! Fuuinjutsu!", come to the realization that they were facing a shinobi (probably some runaway rogue who had found refuge here), then his thoughts began to slow. He could feel his heartbeat slowing down and his breathing becoming more as if he were asleep.

"Oh, you bastard..." he managed to get out in a low tone as his body slumped forward and froze in place. The seal was set, and Aimi Kaguya was, for the moment, taken out of the fight! It would be up to one of the others to break the seal somehow. Such a shame that he couldn't tell them the best way to do just that...!

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:16 pm

Katsu's eyes followed as the man moved. Her roar split the skies and she ready to strike, coiling every inch of her body around the moment of impact. It wasn't until he was directly on top of her that her pounce came, too late. Each spiked finger from wing and hand came around to envelop him, the wicked dagger coming up from between her legs to impale the bastard through the chest. They were all cut short. His hand upon her chest and she was shut down, unable to move. It was all she could do to remain frozen in place rather than collapse where she stood as the black marks would snake their away across her flesh. Thankfully, the crimson field would seep into his own flesh, snaking its way up through his body and latching itself onto his chakra, slowly settling in to feed upon it.

Hide had witnessed the events transpire and knew this was not the true fight. This was still the taunting phase. He bent and retrieved his weapons, placing the hammer upon his back in a sling and wielding the blade. He turned, raised his shield, and began to do what he did best. "Dear, tend to our daughter." It wasn't a half second after he spoke Anori began running toward's Katsu, the vile crimson cloak forming from every inch of her being and radiating out to thirty meters in every direction. Unfortunately the man's new infestation was not from her so she couldn't manipulate it. However, she could cover her daughter while getting ready with a solution.

Anori looked over the intricate seals and realized them beyond her control, going to look at Arsa for aid. The other girl was already engaged with her own ritual making that a fruitless task. However, something did come to mind, though it was more dangerous for them than for anything else. "Kori! Torch them!" Anori stood back as Kori's titanic head swung around to look at Katsu and Aimi, just realizing their situation. He began to glow brightly as his maw opened and a gout of flame washed over both Katsu and Aimi. He began walking towards them, sweeping the dragon's fire over them both multiple times before cutting it off. A monolithic bulk of a dragon moved to now place himself between the greater armies and the city itself, acting as a wall.

As the fires washed over Katsu panic began to take her. The searing heat would scorch and swelter flesh, even behind the armor. The dragon's flame would blister and peel her skin. Her entire mass would be engulfed and her nightmares made manifest. As the seal vanished she was still paralyzed. It wasn't until the skies began to crack and lightning flashed she even turned her head, looking at Arsa. The shaman now stood with her wrists bleeding and a ritual knife in her hand. Her body glowed vibrantly as the world around them began to shift and alter. A storm began to manifest above as she seemed to call to it, a humble priestess invoking her divinity. A second later a sharp slap would break Katsu from her stupor and her mother stood beside her, simply pointing a finger at the guard.

Katsu's rage gew to exponential lengths and she tunneled in on this man, given to other purpose. With the crack of thunder she moved nearly instantly to close the distance, her right arm outstretched in a horrid talon aimed at the head. With dripping maw she'd grab this fucker by the cranium and shove it into the ground, regurgitating acid directly into his eyes.
JutsuShow
KoriShow
Dragon's Fire
C - Nin
Korialstraz glows a bright orange as he takes a deep breath. He may then exhale a gout of flame roughly three meters in size in a cone in front of him, spreading to roughly twenty five meters in size at its greatest point. It travels where his head is pointed at [control] speed and strength for the same in meters. This fire can be sustained as long as he likes, draining chakra for each post.
ArsaShow
Kuchiyose • [Elysium]
A - Tenkujutsu
Pre-Requisite: Charge Fuuinjutsu Concentration, Ranged Fuuinjutsu Concentration
Arsa must first channel chakra and cause a bleeding wound somewhere on her body. The blood falls to the ground and traces the sigil required. The sigil's tracing causes chakra to manifest and imprint upon the environment in a fourty meter radius around herself. Once complete she will call out to the plain of eternal storms and charge the seal. After a full post the devastated plane of Elysium will overlay the world. This realm is a desolate field of conquest long forgotten, forever washed away by a raging thunderstorm. This allows for the summoning of spirits for a lump sum cost up front.
AnoriShow
Parasitic Infestation - Devouring
B - Parasite
Anori changes the mode of the cloak manifested by the parasite, causing those it latches onto to be subject its ravenous appetite. Those who're touched by her cloak follow normal parasite rules but suffer a drain of -1 CP per post until the parasite is purged from their body via a Kai or other means. This chakra is outright consumed, making it impossible to regain even if the parasite is purged from the system. The symptoms of this infestation manifest as a nagging sense of lethargy, giving away it's manifestation in the body. (30 Control)
KatsuShow
Vorashu's Fury: Explosive Speed
S - Tai (Maneuver)
Katsu can move nearly instantaneously up to her speed in meters in an almost straight line. During this movement she is allowed a single action, be it a turn or raising a weapon. This consumes one of her two allowed teleports per thread.

The acid from this is being used.

Aspect of the Beast: Vile Spittle
A - Parasite
The host grows an additional sack similar to the stomach that fills with a caustic and noxious fluid. This bladder is connected to the trachea and allows the host to projectile vomit a potent and putrid acid out to their strength in meters at the same speed. Over the course of three posts this fluid will dissolve organic material equaling half its effective strength (endurance) in cubic feet. Once used, this bladder will require one full posts to refill.

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:42 pm

Dragon fire would bathe over the still form of Aimi Kaguya... to no effect. Despite being awash in fire, his skin hardly turned pink and he remained motionless as stone. His cloak would catch fire and begin to burn, unfortunately, and once it was gone he would be truly as naked as Katsu was. As for his flesh, however, he remained mysteriously unharmed! It hadn't come up in his display of power, for he had been too afraid to say it, but Aimi Kaguya was... well, resistant to fire. A small quirk of his regenerative abilities, after years of using katon ninjutsu his body had become tough to the licking tongues of flame! As such, the massive dragons' fire did not break the seal.

The bannin would remain out of play for now.

Jutsu in EffectShow
[Regeneration Arts: Soul of Fire]
S-Ranked Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: [Rigid Structure], [Heavenly Body Control] S rank pyramid of Katon ninjutsu, Regenerative ability
Fire is the element of progress, destruction and the human spirit as a whole. Very few have gained a true mastery over this most volatile of elements, but for those who have there is this Discipline. Through repeated exposure to flame of varying intensity the user has gained a tolerance for the lashing tongues of fire that they are so familiar with. This Discipline makes it so that the burn degrees of Katon based ninjutsu are reduced by two degrees, causing fourth degree burns to become second degree, third degree to become first degree, and second and first degree burns to become little more than minor irritations on the skin. Additionally, burn based injuries no longer cause the user's physical capabilities to suffer, meaning neither the impact of their strikes nor their physical speed are reduced by such afflictions.

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:20 pm

Everything happened so quickly, the man had been looking at Hide when heat basked his back, the flames of the dragon sweeping through the area, closing in on him. He would turn, extending a hand forward and another fuuinjutsu activating on his palm. The fire sweeping over them would flow around him like a river against a stone, and as the fire gave away, the beast he had just restrained was flying forward at him.

He blinked, and as Katsu's claw went to move around his skull, he vanished.

The onlookers would be at a loss, but the man in black would be standing vertically on the side of the wall, looking at them all. "Thank you, Sassure.", he would say flatly. The thin man that had previously been in the room with Shikamatsu knelt on the side of the wall as well, his hand touching a seal of made of black ink that had clearly just been drawn. He sighed, his eyes moving to Aimi, and then back to the beasts in front of them. "Sassure, can you handle the dragon? I'll manage the rest of them....". The man who had summoned him, apparently named Sassure, nodded obediently. He stood, both of them parallel with the ground and arching the necks upwards to look at the battlefield before them.

Sassure would reach into his pocket and pull out a paintbrush, placing it between his teeth. "Hisonaritako, be careful.", he suggested. He would launch himself off the wall with a surprising amount of strength. Chakra would form an aura around him as he channeled, funneling into the paint brush in his mouth. Grabbing it, he would "paint" in the air, ink forming in the air as he grabbed at the dragon's neck. The black paint through the air would collapse on the ground and he'd stab the paintbrush at Kori's scaley neck, leaving it to drip black ink onto the dragon. "Put a leash on this dog.", he murmured. Another paintbrush would come from his pocket, chakra forming around him as he dropped the paintbrush onto the dragon and then pulled it away. This time he would jump the opposite direction from the first, binding the second leash to the ground. If he had been successful, the enormous dragon would find himself unable to move in either direction against the force of the leashes.

Hisonaritako, as it seemed the guardian was named. Remained where he stood for only a second before rushing forward off the wall as he had done previously. It seemed fuuinjutsu alone would not be enough to stop this group. Using this same intense speed from before, he would charge, this time not at Katsu but at Hide. Expecting the man to prepare for the charge, Hisonaritako would take three steps, moving his body fully around Hide until he stood to the man's right, and grabbing his neck, yet another fuuinjutsu moving from his chest this time along his arm and onto the warriors neck. Red, it would sear hot, "Have her stand down or I'll burn right through your neck.", he ordered. The heat would be unbearable to most, perhaps Hide would follow the command.
SpoilerShow
Temporary Defense
B-rank Fuuinjutsu
A seal that erects a dome from it's point of origin roughly 5m in diameter, this fuuinjutsu acts as a makeshift defense. The dome has 20 Strength.

Comrade Summoning
C-rank Fuuinjutsu
Much like the standard Kuchiyose, this technique requires the user and the target to have previously agreed to allow the target to be summoned, designated with a contract signed in blood. Unlike standard Kuchiyose, this requires a seal to be produced, rather than a summoning technique performed. This often allows for the summoner to carry with them pre-drawn summoning fuuinjutsu.

Ink Well
D-rank Ninjutsu
The user is able to convert their chakra directly into ink, removing the need to carry around ink for ink jutsu.

Binding (Used twice)
B-rank Ninjutsu
The user will draw a line of ink with their paintbrush, and then place the paint brush against their target. The ink from the brush will continue to drip forming a ring around the target. The target will be restrained by the ink with [Control] (40) strength, with the "leash" they drew previously attaching to the first solid thing it touches.

Flash Step again

Branding
B-rank Fuuinjutsu
When activated, this fuuinjutsu will glow red, searing hot as if it is an iron brand. The longer it is on, the more intense the heat from the fuuinjutsu will feel to whoever is touching it.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:16 am

Kori felt the man upon his back and bucked hard, aiming to fling the annoying pest. As the paint would push against the hardened carapace he felt the strong pull. With a mighty surge his bulk heaved against it, realizing what was happening. The great dragon let out a sky splitting roar as the second seal was being placed and his body grew hot. The crystal formations across the Tyrant's entire visage glowed a bright orange once more, heat sweltering and causing distortions before combusting. As the dragon's full form would ignite he'd hope to remove the gnat swarming his back, and whatever leash he was being put within. After all, fire solved Katsu's problem, why wouldn't it solve this one?

As the dragon thrashed and lit up, Arsa had summoned her realm. The eternally desolate battlefield of Elysium had spawned and the torrential rains pounded down around them. She would bleed and the realm finalize. Lightning cracked and thunder rolled, the woman expressing her sheer exhilaration at the harnessing of such a world with a gleeful smile. She looked down toward's Aimi, ignoring the others for now. "You are needed, son of fire. Harness your flame here for the storm washes all battles." As she spoke a skeletal soldier would rise from the ground near him, wielding an aged blade. It would aim to slice into his chest, running the blade from shoulder to shoulder.

Anori would witness the events to transpire, her daughter's rage and the dragon's clash against the assailant only she would see. Kori's fire would make it difficult for her to get close enough to help, and she'd be unable to strike at either of their targets for now. For the time being she elected to retreat backwards, hoping to allow the storm to mask her. Even as her husband's calls were ignored for now, the woman choosing to seek a better time to attack. Anori slunk away, hiding in the storm and retracting her cloak to slip into the crowd of people they had brought.

Hide felt the seal begin to snake into his neck and the heat growing ever more intense. He grit teeth but refused to take a knee as it grew more intense. The demand was heard, and considered, but a quick glance at Katsu told of how useless such a command would be. Through struggles against pain the Titan spoke in a harsh voice. ". . . No. . . point lad. . . . She'd never listen now. . ." The titan went to raise his large sword to swing at the man if only to get him to back off. Where the seal would make similar methods of removal to their three monsters a bad idea. For now he simply attempted to endure, struggling to raise his shield and slap the man away.

However, the Titan was right. Katsu's hand would grip nothing but air and she's scan for her target for but a second. She looked back to her dad, beneath Kori's legs, and notice him. The Bear's plight was ignored, all she cared about was chasing down this bastard and so she did. With a thundering crack she leapt towards him beside her father and a deep radiating growl emanated above even the thundering rain. A wing was torn asunder and it's wicked points aiming to impale the man through the skull, throat, chest, and gullet. Hit or miss her assault would continue as she would close the distance and leap, aiming a drop kick at his chest, adjusting if he dodged the wing.
JutsuShow
ArsaShow
"Raise the Fallen"
C - Nin (Tenku?)
Within the realm of Elysium Arsa may call upon the long dead and raise them for another battle. Doing so causes a skeletal warrior to rise in an area within [Control] meters of herself that is 6' tall and wielding an aged and battered sword. It has a speed and strength of [Control] and may be directed. It will attempt to accomplish this task until destroyed or given another command. Lasts 5 posts.
KorialstrazShow
Living Furnace
D - Nin
Korialstraz briefly glows bright orange and then ignites his body. The entire surface of his body is covered in flames with 1.5 [Control] strength at .5 [Control] speed. This may be sustained.
KatsuShow
Vorashu's Fury: Drop Kick
D - Tai (Maneuver)
Katsu charges her opponent and jumps slightly at the end. She'll whip her legs around and keep her body perpendicular with her target. At precisely the right moment she will violently thrust her legs outward, adding her strength, velocity, and mass to the power of the strike.

Vorashu's Fury: Spring Step
A - Tai (Discipline)
Prerequisite: 50 Strength
The user has trained their body to utilize their full speed without any build up or using any excess energy. This allows the user to use their max speed while operating in the midst of a fight or even from a dead stop as if they were just jogging casually.

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:37 pm

Sassure hadn't expected the dragon to force himself to explode, and would find that as he moved to escape the beast, fire erupted from his skin. He would halt on the second leash, and instead draw a stroke in the air which would grow to a large, flat black disk. It would be wide enough to cover Sassure's body as the flames struck it, forming him backwards and into the air. He would land on the ground, now placed between the army Hide had amassed and the dragon. He would channel chakra briefly, then throw another paint brush straight up into the air. It would rise to about 50m before bursting into multi-colored light.

Sassure stared forward for a moment, looking at the dragon as the realm from Arsa formed around them. From behind the walls of the city they fought before, a metal sound would ring.

clang

Sassure crouched now, beginning to circle the dragon, hoping it would focus on him as he began to channel more chakra

clang

Meanwhile, Hisonaritako frowned when Hide refused, acknowledging it would be pointless. They had unleashed a beast they couldn't control? He tightened his grip around the man's neck, taking a step between his legs to position himself in a way to try and force Hide to his knees. Katsu realized he was gone though, and as quickly as Hisonaritako moved, so did Katsu. She was at his side in a moments notice, but the man in black was undeterred. Lifting his leg up, he would drop his free hand down to Hide's waist, gripping his armor and swinging the man into Katsu and he launched his body own body off in the opposite direction, away from the two. He expected that would do little to buy him time, and pulled out two kunai, holding one in each hand.

clang

The metallic sound reverberated through the air, and as Aimi would be freed from his chains by the skeletal creature pulled forth by Arsa, the doors he was in front of would pull open.

War cries would ring through the air as the soldiers from within the city poured out, intending to envelop not only Aimi, but to rush forward to meet the force Hide had brought with him.

As the people flowed around Katsu and Hisonaritako, he would strike the kunai in his hands against each other, attempting to bait her into attacking him. He had a few more tricks up his sleeve.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:06 pm

Ah, release! As the skeletal warrior cut the seal on Aimi's still flaming chest the fuuinjutsu was broken and the bannin's eyes snapped open. Awareness slipped back into his mind slowly as the markings on his body faded away and his body reflected this as he stood up slowly and quietly. The fabric of his cloak would fall away and as it fell he grabbed a hold of the sheath of his sword, catching it and the remains of his belt before it could fall to the ground. He stood and looked at the skeleton in front of him in dazed confusion momentarily. Had he made that? No, it looked nothing like him. Not one of his clones. His body was burning though, engulfed in flame. He had no hair of any sort and the rain of Elysium made sizzling noises as it collided with the flame. Slowly the fire would begin to fade and Aimi Kaguya stood tall, the wound on his chest already healing over - aided by the cauterization of the flames.

Turning away from the gates and the skeleton the Kaguya quickly took note of the situation. He saw two combatants, one holding onto Hide's neck who he recognized as the ninja who had pitted fuuinjutsu against him and a second he didn't know. How long had he been out? Unimportant, he nearly instantaneously rebuked in his own mind. They stood against him and the people he was with and that was enough. As he stood there he watched as the unknown ninja went after Kori while the one who had sealed him used Hide as a shield against Katsu. His head turned to follow the action as their enemy put distance between himself and the father daughter duo, dual kunai wielded while behind him from over the wall metallic clanging rang out louder and louder.

As he stood and watched he would place his eyes on the shades of the opposing ninja, forming a thin but extremely durable layer of bone underneath his entire body in less than a second. Katsu, he decided, could have him. The other was his.

In the same instance that the gate was thrown open, Aimi Kaguya flitted across the field of Elysium to where Sassure was circling around the titanic dragon, appearing as a pale shade with few clusters of flame still burning on his skin, the rest extinguished. With the same godly speed he would reach out and clasp his fingers tightly into their throat and, should the grasp succeed, lift them up off of the ground, using the momentum of their own movement against them, before slamming them down, back first, into the ground below with a thunderous blast, creating a small crater of blistered, damp soil beneath their body. Then, for good measure, Aimi would grab a hold of his sword and, with speed that was very likely to be too great to overcome at this distance, at this position, he would slash in a crescent shape from groin to crown, ending the cut with his sword arm held aloft high over his head, cool blue eyes kept locked on this opposing ninja. Should the slash connect it was likely to be enough to bisect them.

Should this occur, Aimi would lift his head up and look out upon the flooding soldiers who were pouring out from the gate en masse to fight for their masters before turning his attention back to whatever situation was occurring between Hide, Katsu, and the other ninja, his hair beginning to grow back on his scalp and the cut on his chest closing rapidly.

Jutsu UsedShow
Death Bone Pulse • Bone Armor
C-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
By ossifying bones through their own body the user is able to create a thin yet durable layer of bone over their muscles and beneath the skin over their entire body at the users’ [Speed] and has Strength equal to the users’ [Strength].

[Strong Fist Style • Chokeslam]
A grappling slam technique, the user reaches out and grabs the opponent by the throat, squeezing tightly. The user then lifts the opponent up into the air by their throat and slams them down onto the ground, keeping a hold of them until the technique is complete.

*[Iaido • Death’s Gate]
C-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): 15 Speed.
Drawing upon the superlative speed of Iaido, the practitioner momentarily torques the muscles in their body to draw their sword from its scabbard and deliver a blindingly fast slash before sheathing their blade. Properly reading this attack requires the opponent to have a Perception technique of equal or higher rank than this technique. Otherwise, they cannot accurately read the attack and will be unlikely to completely avoid the attack, if at all.

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:42 pm

With a clash of flesh on steel on flesh Katsu's foot caved in Hide's armor as he was used as a shield. The sickening squelch would sound clear that the titan was wounded, badly. He was flung backwards into the line, many attempting to move but failing. It was only through happenstance only a scant few were toppled to the ground, having suffered pain or discomfort, though one was much less lucky, he having been removed from the battle.

Hide came to a halt finally upon the ground and coughed, letting out a grunt and growl. The agonizing pain in his neck and shoulders now mixed with his crushed ribs. Anori, having seen the incident, rushed to his side and made haste removing his chest plate, allowing the titan room to breath. It was still labored though as the seal did it's job. With a shaking hand he pointed it out and the army looked on.

Between the clanging of steel, the explosion of fire, the summoning of an eternal battlefield, and now their leader's injury with such ease the gathered masses appeared to be second guessing this confrontation. Ano, sensing the fear in the hearts of these people, attempted something drastic and rash. Pulling a small knife from her belt she looked at her husband's neck, looking for the artery that would spell his death. His bulk made it slightly difficult but she thought she could see it. With a careful hand she ran the blade through the seal, desperately washing the sounds of war out to stabilize. It had appeared to work though as the sputtered cough of pain seemed to become one of standard difficulty of breath. Relieved, she stood and offered a hand to the titanic man.

Somewhat relieved of the burning in his neck Hide mentally took note of the damage to his chest. He knew he'd been dealt a hard blow and his over all stamina had been impacted significantly. Hopes of acting a bulwark were dashed. However, that wasn't the most pressing matter. Eyes were on him, and now the armies mustered. Taking the hand offered, the man rose to his feet now, witnessing the state of things. With a labored breath he mentally focused on supressing the pain, tapping into decades of training and practice. With patience he mostly prevailed. Raising his shield he regained his stance, looking to his gathered men. Agony raced up his throat and chest as he took a deep breath in. "Stop looking at me and turn, the gates open! Raise your weapons and be ready to meet them! Stand firm!" hide said with his raspy voice booming over the crowd, quickly followed by a blood filled cough. Though his command, coupled with his stance, seemed to have gotten the men back from their fear as they turned and waited.

On the front lines Kori and Arsa had noticed the shift in the battle. The blinding light had signaled something, and with the bashing of steel it was clear what. Kori's focus had shifted slightly from locating the gnat to dealing with the oncoming threat. Though his pride wounded, he had been given a direct request and given an express word. Besides, the bear hadn't said a damn thing about taking out two issues at once. The large crystals once again glowed, this time a swirling collage of browns and reds. His body radiated concentrated heat as it began to concentrate around each foot. His monolithic head moved towards the land and he began to sink into it as the stone and earth turned to lava. With that, the vast majority of space between the walls and the army had been turned into a field of molten rock and fire as he submerged himself halfway in, now facing the oncoming armies.

Arsa had gotten to work harnessing this new land of hers. All around the invading force there came another army, one armed and hardened. Skeletal warriors began to rise en mass. Their shambling movements betrayed their frailness but their blades would cut just the same. She hovered above them as a witch reveling in the perversion she had wrought, all the while her life's blood pooled upon the earth. Her new army would form behind the pool of molten stone, creating a new vanguard for their collected allies. As her exaltation reached it's climax, she lost sight of her beast and the son of fire.

With the earth splitting into fire and the titan wounded by her doing, Katsu was further losing herself to her madness. Not once nor twice had this man denied her, but now had used her as weapon. Her momentum was halted by the speared wings stabbing into the ground and she watched him move. Livid malice began to ooze from her, all directed at this individual. She didn't run, she didn't charge, she stared down who had been specifically chosen now as her pray. With a glare and low growl she approached slowly, watching him with tensed muscle.
JutsuShow
KorialstrazShow
Pools of Gehena
B - Nin
The dragon radiates intense heat and glows a swirling red and brown for a brief time before concentrating an enormous amount of energy into the ground beneath his feet. This causes the ground up to a 40 meter radius to gradually begin to turn to lava at a speed of .5 control and with a passive strength of 1.5 control. This pool of lava remains for 3 posts but can be renewed every 3 posts should he choose to do so.
ArsaShow
"Return to Duty"
B - Nin (Tenku)
By calling upon the dead of Elysium Arsa can manifest a small army of skeletal warriors numbering her control (30) in total. These warriors are capable of carrying out basic commands and actions but are fairly weak and frail. While having stats equal to her control (30) their durability is low, crumbling to a single attack of her control/5 or less each, and their movements may be quick, but predictable and simple.
KatsuShow
Vorashu's Fury: Primal Aggression
A - Tai (Discipline)
When angered, threatened, or otherwise distressed Katsu releases a low primal growl from deep within her chest. This instinct is nearly impossible for her to manage without conscious effort. Any within earshot of this growl ([Endurance]/2 Meters) and hear it that have a [Willpower] less than her [Strength] will likely be cowed as primal fear races up their spine, making it difficult to do anything but defend themselves.

Vorashu's Fury: Predator's Gaze
A - Tai (Discipline)
Those who lock eyes with Katsu while in a combative state witness primal law at work. If the individual has less [Willpower] than her [Strength] or [Endurance] (Whichever is lower) it is likely they will be rendered panicked, unable to do anything but defend themselves or flee from her in terror.

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:55 pm

Sassure had been channeling chakra, focusing on the dragon. There was so much happening around them, he was getting slightly frustrated with the matter. One of the fights had performed a realm summoning, a massive fuuinjutsu having formed on the ground to call it forward. Before Sassure could try to figure out how to address it, he found himself surprised by a massive force charging its way at him. He was unable to respond in any way to block the attack, a hand grasping his neck. However, the behemoth Kaguya would find nothing but fluid as he propelled forward and the neck in his hand turned to a black liquid, and slipped away into air. Several feet behind where Aimi had just taken hold of the man, a black blob of Ink remained, reforming into human shape. "Enough...", he muttered. Clearly frustrated. With the army charging, these skeletons and creatures were too much extra. He would charge charka briefly before black fluid would surge from his feet, creating a puddle 30m in diameter from his body. Anyone stepping in it would find their feet sticking to it if they didn't have more than 30 strength, but more importantly, the ink flushed away the parts of the fuuinjutsu inscribed on the ground. The world around them would quickly shift back to normal, and the creatures the woman had summoned forth vanishing likewise.

Sassure's comrade, however, did not have the benefit of an elemental body, and as the "woman" he was facing turned to face him once more, she adapted her approach to something a bit further from hyper offensive. It appeared she was getting frustrated, something he was quite good at taking advantage of. A growl radiated from her, however, and the people around them would start to freeze in place, only followed by her eyes locking onto his. He could feel it, the itch of fear that so rarely approached the otherwise cool and collected Hisonaritako. He would gulp heavily, but the fear would subside as a soft glow would radiate from just under his shirt. "Its nice, being able to just seal away emotions.", he would say. "Theres a clan in the famed Kirigakure no Sato that inspired these ones.", he'd wink, pulling down his collar to reveal a set of fuuinjutsu enscribed like a necklace around his neck. The one with the symbol for fear lightly glowing.

The kunai in his left hand would spin on his finger as a fuuinjutsu inched its way down his arm and wrapped around the metal blade. Suddenly, he would whip the blade forward, letting it fly though the air at 40 speed, aimed directly at Katsu's stomach.

Sassure could feel the heat radiating from the beast as the ground began to melt, the ink he'd just created beginning to drip away into the shifting grounds. This fight was not going well at all. How many more tricks did these people have? The armies from within the compound continued to flood out, meeting with the people that came with the intruders. This would need to end now.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Tue Jul 06, 2021 8:57 pm

Aimis' hand would find purchase on the neck of the second shinobi and as he moved his arm to slam him down into the ground as intended, he found find that, instead, his hand would rip right through the individual in a wet black haze. 'Water. Body. Clone?' he initially thought in quick succession, only to have that assumption shattered as the black fluid moved from his hand and flew behind him. He turned to look as he began to fall through the air and saw it join the rest of its' inky body where he put two and two together. 'Ink. Body. Elemental Body,' he thought just as quickly as before. This was something of a troubling development. Elemental bodies were notoriously difficult to eradicate! There was some trick to it, he knew, but as to what it was, he could not recall in the moment! He knew only that this city in the backwoods of nowhere had somehow managed to enthrall two powerful rogue shinobi into their ranks and that made this situation much more dangerous than it had initially been!

The realization of what he was facing came to him at roughly the same time as the heat from the lava below did. He turned to look down at the growing pool and immediately knew he was in danger! To circumvent this danger he grew a pair of skeletal feathered wings from his back and took flight, rolling in the air and steadying himself while still being a few meters away from his foe. Kori, it seemed, was doing little aside from propagating the lava for the time being and the army of the city continued to pour out of the gate and rush towards the army that Hide and his family had brought with them. The flaming Kaguya needed to make some quick decisions and he didn't have the luxury of time to think it all through. He simply had to act.

While Sassure began to propel ink from his feet to the ground below Aimi would once again flit forward through the air with the aid of his wings to fly underneath the elemental body of his enemy, his arm reeled back across his body and nearly every muscle in his body clenched as he built up the tension necessary to unleash for the first time in battle something he had developed weeks and weeks back in isolation from the world. As the ink came down towards him and the seal below, he would throw his arm forward, crying out, "RRAGH!" as he did and smashing it against the air between himself and his foe.

As he did the world would know his might! For where he struck the air it shattered - actually shattered - from the sheer force of his impact, spiderwebs of light splintering off in all directions around his fist for a moment before the shockwave came. When it did, Sassure would receive the absolute worst of it, for the inky elemental body would be directly in the immediate path of one of Aimi Kaguyas' most devastating taijutsu! The shockwave would tear through the air above, and the enemy, as though a literal earthquake were travelling upwards! Such was the force of this impact that a cone of pure force would rush upwards 110 meters in the air with first the sound of crackling and then the indescribable boom of sudden thunder without a cloud to house it! It was indeed fortunate for all involved that this had been aimed directly upwards and not anywhere else, for the topography of the land would have changed were it so!

For all the power and speed that Aimi delivered this strike with, he fully expected it to hit and inflict some kind of damage to this enemy he faced. After all, he had moved with exactly the same speed just seconds ago and managed to touch this inky elemental while he was distracted with the dragon, now he chose to strike while he was again focusing on something other than Aimi. Much of the descending ink would be blocked or deflected by this attack Aimi knew, but had he managed to blow all of it? He could not say, partially because he had acted a split second after it began to fall and partially because he was so focused on defeating his opponent in this one singular strike - and indeed that was possible if the core was sufficiently shaken and not protected, it should be enough to break it apart in this one blow! But as for the ink that made it past him or fell away once deflected? He could not say. Despite quite possibly dealing with one of the shinobi they faced so swiftly, they may still have succeeded in disrupting Arsas' fuuinjutsu and returning Elysium from whence it came.

For Aimis' part, he would have to wait and see after he knew how this inky body liked the therapeutic massage of an earthquake!

Jutsu UsedShow
Death Bone Pulse • Skeletal Wings
A-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
The user will channel to ossify bone in their shoulders, growing a pair of skeletal wings at a speed equal to the users’ [Speed]. These wings have strength equal to the users’ [Strength]. These wings then ossify further as thin, hollow bones are added, mimicking the structure of keratin in the feathers of birds. These wings allow the user to fly, giving them a maximum speed equal to the users’ [Speed] while in the air and a maximum height of 30 meters.

Quake Fist • Severe Tremor
S-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: 50 Strength, [Rigid Structure], [Heavenly Body Control]
A more direct variant of Quake Fist • Redraw the Maps, the user pulls their arm back over and across their body and balls up their fist, building up tremendous stress and tension in the muscles of their body. When the user chooses they will slam their arm forward with such incredible force that the air they strike visibly shatters as if made of glass. The resulting shock-wave radiates outwards from the user in a 110 meter cone, ripping through anything that it comes in contact with at [Strength] equal to the users’ [Strength]. Earth, trees, buildings, boulders, etc. are all shaken to the point of breaking apart or collapsing, huge chunks of the upper crust of the earth jutting upwards in jagged hunks up to 110 meters tall. If used over water the water will roil and rage as if by a severe storm or earthquake, creating tidal waves that rise as high as 110 meters before they come crashing down. This maneuver boasts not only incredibly raw power but versatility as well as the shock-waves created from the initial strike can be used like a shield or a wall, blocking or ‘striking back’ against oncoming offensive techniques as they rip and tear through the land and thus deflecting or otherwise interrupting them so long as the [Strength] of the shock-wave is greater than the [Strength] of the technique used.

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:22 pm

Their eternal battlefield had been extinguished. The risen had fallen leaving their numbers woefully weak. Arsa fell to the ground as her exultation vanished. She turned her eyes to the great dragon who began to struggle now that his refuge had been banished. Her beastia didn't pay attention to this plight as her rage had already consumed her. The mighty tyrant would fall if she didn't sacrifice for him. She bit her lip and picked herself up, dreading her next actions. With a knife drawn she plunged it deep into her belly and began chanting. Radiant chakra began to manifest around her as she made to leap over the pit of lava. She'd land upon the titanic dragon's back, engulfing him in sustaining energy.

Korialstraz, now released from his confines and relieved of the burden of desummoning, turned his ire upon the armies. His great maw opened as flames gathered. With the next breath a wash of dragon's fire spewed forth towards their ranks. A great wave of flame that'd be followed by one of lava. The dragon plunged his hand into the molten rock and swept it across, creating a tidal wave to spill forth towards the walls with the flood of men and women against them. During this a wing had been curled and folded, offering some protection to the summoner upon his back.

Hide coughed and sputtered as he attempted to quell the pain that shot through his chest. With one hand he gripped the bleeding wound, with the other he raised his shield. Watching the battle he saw that the dragon was already acting as a wall between them and the opposing armies. Arsa had moved to sustain him since their additional forces had been rendered null. Anori was still by his side and the men were entirely unprepared. He'd hoped to find shields and spears upon Elysium, now all they had was rusted knives. A more troubling development had occured though. The skies had begun to crack.

"DOWN!"

The titan's word rang out strong as desperation began to fill his voice. He saw Aimi as the origin and hoped against hope it'd be angled mostly away from their forces. With adrenal speed he pushed through to the outside line, Anori following him. He raised his mighty shield and barked another order.

"Brace Behind!"

Anori braced behind the titan and planted herself. At this point she didn't stop to consider as everyone of their men did the same. They grabbed anything they could, responding to his command despite having never been trained. They threw their weight into the pair. The man anchored himself, and Anori allowed the crimson cloak to manifest around them all in vague hope. Looking into her eyes would reveal a third monster upon the field. When the pulse came it hammered against the shield, shattering it immediately. The titan absorbed the bulk of the remaining impact now. Soon even he was forced to a knee and Anori stepped in, taking his place. Her flesh rippled and buckled as she stood defiant, absorbing the pain for all she could. Thankfully, they were only hit by a fraction of the strike. Many more men had fallen, but a greater number still lived. Hide reclaimed his feat, barking another order to turn and face the armies. He barked again for them to retreat to give space. His hands now gripped his hammer. However, he saw the malice in the woman's eyes and knew she'd no longer act their salvation. His, and their, job was now purely against the army.

Anori wrestled with her mind for a brief moment, long enough to find her daughter. Once she did she allowed herself to dive into bloodthirst. The crimson cloak manifest outward much further, covering a twenty five meter radius around her as she placed herself beside the beastia. Without words they began to advance. Katsu didn't even pay heed to the Kunai thrown, allowing it to embed itself in her gut, unable to penetrate the armor. However, the taunt did resonate through her skull. She lowered to the ground which caught her mother's attention and did the same. In tandum there was the crack of thunder as they moved, and the lightning would come as they both closed the distance, lethal aura moving with them.
JutsuShow
KatsuShow
Vorashu's Fury: Gorrila's Grip
C - Tai (Maneuver)
The skill of knowing the best places to grab an opponent to establish a grapple. This skill allows Katsu to set up for further assult after a grapple is established.

A - Tai (Discipline)
The user has trained their body to utilize their full speed without any build up or using any excess energy. This allows the user to use their max speed while operating in the midst of a fight or even from a dead stop as if they were just jogging casually.
KorialstrazShow
Dragon's Fire
D - Nin
Korialstraz glows a bright orange which is more intense around his mouth. He may then exhale a great gout of flame with a speed and strength of [Control]. Distance is ten meters plus ten for each five control above ten. This spreads as a cone originating from his mouth with a three meter radius at first out to a max available via rules at the end. This may be sustained as long as desired. (25 control)

Roiling Sweep
D - Tai (Maneuver)
Korialstraz will sweep his arm beneath the surface of any fluid he is in to create a tital wave of that fluid that moves outwards in a one hundred and eighty degree arc before him. This tidal wave will travel out to his strength in distance with a smashing force of the same while behind half his strength rounded down high. (30 Strength)
ArsaShow
Ritual of Sustaining
B - Nin (Tenku)
Arsa creates a normally mortal wound upon her body and channels chakra around her. She'll then attach herself to a spirit of some kind and become "bonded" with it. Through this ritual she will sacrifice all but 1 CP to sustain the spirit as if through a summoning for her her CP -1 in posts. After the use of this she becomes unable to fight and will fall unconcious or die, whichever is applicable, should the spirit be desummoned or otherwise removed from this plane of existence.
HideShow
Titan's Command
B - Tai (Disc)
Requires: Pressense
Hide can bark his orders with such authority that it becomes difficult to not follow them. Any that are within his strength (40) meters who hear this command will be compelled to follow it within the best of their ability. Those who do not consider him an ally will feel compelled if their WP is below the Titan's (39) but may still repel them for outstanding reasons.

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:34 pm

There was little the lanky man could do as Aimi divebombed towards him. The speed was incredible, and even with all his practice a shinobi, there were less times than he could count on his hand he'd faced an opponent so competent and raw in power. He began to seal, chakra radiating from his body, anyone sensitive to the energy would be able to feel how far out it was reaching. But before whatever he was doing would come to completion, Aimi's fist would fly forward and release an unimaginable amount of strength. It would tear through the air at Sassure, and into his inky body. He would practically explode, ink flying backwards like a wave as the force hit him and continued on. A black orb centered in the inky mass would fly upwards into the sky, only to turn to dust and seem to lose all momentum, sprinkling through the air until it vanished into nothing. The man was dead.

Hisonaritako seemed only acutely aware of what was happening, the flat demeanor on his face receding to a frown as Sassure met his end. But his focus was unwaivering as Katsu and her mother charged forward once more. The kunai embedded itself into Katsu and the man gave no reaction to the strike landing. It seemed this was not the time yet. As they rushed forward, Hisonaritako flitted forward as well. In contrast to the animalistic and primal way in which Katsu moved, he was like a hummingbird, his steps light and seemingly purposeful while still being erratic. He moved to meet Katsu, only to suddenly step to the left, then take several strides to make space between them. He'd continue this, moving with every intent to just narrowly avoid Katsu's grasp until he was directly in front of her.

Then a single seal was formed.

Light would pour from the creatures chest, the kunai - and the seal on it - being activated with all of Hisonaritako's control (50).

Markings would pour from the wound it had only barely created, wrapping around Katsu. From that, golden chains would burst from it, flailing about the battle field, launching themselves at 50 speed toward the enormous dragon, an assortment of soldiers on the battlefield, Aimi, and others. They would wrap around anyone they could, squeezing with Katsu's full strength as they would receive every ounce of pain their various allies were experiencing. He would jump backwards, crossing his arms as it unfolded, watching the chains as they spread out across the arena. "You're going to kill them all. You're just too strong, it seems.", he said mockingly.
Quote:
Chinese Finger Trap
S-rank Fuuinjutsu
The strongest fuuinjutsu in Hisonaritako's arsenal, this technique is meant to be used when the user is vastly outnumbered and fighting against exceptionally strong opponents. The user will place the fuuinjutsu on a target and then, when within 2m of the target, perform kai to activate it. The fuuinjutsu will create a bright light and the seal will spread out over the targets body, and then release chains of golden chakra that will fly from the seal. Unlike conventional techniques that utilize the users control, this technique utilizes the targets [Strength] to restrain. The chains will reach out to any active chakra sources on the battle field within users [Control]m of the target, at [Control] speed, to a total of [Control] targets, and wrap around them with [Strength], where [Strength] is the [Strength] of the target. The technique squeezes anyone it contacts with [Strength], however the target that is loaning the strength will experience pain that every captured individual is experiencing. This fuuinjutsu remains active for users [Control] / 10 posts. Due to the construction of this technique, it is often able to eliminate a number of weaker combatants on the battle field, as well cripple the strongest fighter on the battle field.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:46 am

In truth, Aimi was unsure exactly how effective his attack would have been.

He understood in theory what he had done. In isolation he'd practiced and caused plenty of sand and earth to be broken up and go flying. Conceptually, he theorized that the damaged could be catastrophic - to a normal body. With his medical knowledge he understood that suffering the force of such powerful shockwaves would be nothing short of fatal without immediate medical aid from a shinobi, but against an elemental body? That he hadn't really thought of so the result was quite a surprise to him! Nothing short of total obliteration, the ink that made up the body being dispersed high up in the air and sent flying away, the core disintegrated! Evidently, this attack of his was monumentally effective against both those with a normal body, like himself, and with more artificial ones like his now deceased opponent. This was enormous news! It was proof that he was getting stronger! Kasai's order to -

And that's all the thinking he had time for. Hovering in the air as he was and watching to make sure that his foe had been vanquished, Aimi had not been paying attention to the rest of the fight as it had unfolded and, subsequently, had become ensnared in the chains created by the other ninja! They wrapped around his body and tightened, forcing air out from his lungs! "What!?" he cried out, his attention pulled back down to earth as he twisted his head to look down and behold the myriad of chains that, as he followed their links, all lead back to Katsu! And the squeezing! His arms and legs were being pressed together, his torso compressed! It was like a giant hand had wrapped itself around his body and was trying to squeeze the life out of him! It was painful to be sure...

But Aimi had felt worse before. Being squeezed all over was practically nothing compared to having your bones systematically broken over and over again after all. He was able to fight this and fight he did, pulling his arms and legs apart slowly and with effort, at first enough so that he could take a deep breath only to let his limbs go slack again. He relaxed because he didn't need to struggle so hard beyond being able to breath properly once more. Instead, Aimi ossified the bones in his body and pushed out from his shoulders half of a skeletal clone, the boney arms and torso along with the head sticking out of him like some sort of horrific Siamese twin. It would reach down and grab a hold of the chakra chains that bound Aimi, pulling fistfuls of links upwards before pulling them taught with all of the might that the bannin himself could muster. It was only a matter of seconds before the chains snapped and Aimi was free once more!

Pulling the other half of the clone back into his body, Aimi initially turned and made to fly in towards the other shinobi - but stopped. He remembered what he had decided when he went about the elemental body shinobi - Katsu could handle this one. She had been a bannin just like him and had been a former host of Vorashu, her power was frightening and she wasn't alone. He had to trust that she could handle this one enemy by herself... at least for now.

Thus, turning away from the other shinobi, white hair now beginning to grow back on his scalp, Aimi flew over the battlefield and dived down into the fray, landing on top of an enemy soldier by forcing his feet onto the back of the man's head and shoulders respectively before driving him face first into the ground. Now standing in the middle of an armed crowd, Aimi went on crowd control duty. In a flash he had drawn his sword and returned it to it's sheath, so quick that it could hardly have been said to have happened at all. The resulting shockwave radiated out from him in a two meter radius, stunning all those around him. Aimi made short work of their momentarily paralyzed selves, slashing and cutting away in a blur of steal and white that ended the lives of many, ending with him standing right back where he started, the tip of his long sword plunged in the back of the skull of the man he had landed on and the bodies of the fallen dropping almost in unison to the blood soaked ground below.

Taking in another deep breath, Aimi went to work.

Jutsu UsedShow
Only partially pulled from the body and then returned from whence it came:

Death Bone Pulse • Bone Clone (Basic)
C-Ranked Taijutsu
By ossifying bones throughout their entire body, the user creates an entire skeletal structure at a speed equal to the users’ [Speed] that is identical to their own. The clone can utilize any taijutsu the user can. The clone lasts for a maximum of [Control/5] posts before falling apart.

[Iaido • Dragon Howl Flash]
Prerequisite: 35 Speed, 35 Strength
In a reversal of what Iaido is based upon, this technique is utelized by sheathing the blade rather than drawing it. Utelizing a practice known as Shinsoku Nōtōjutsu (God-speed Sheathing), the user quickly sheathes their sword, typically about as fast as they could draw it, and in doing so at such blinding speeds creates a miniature sonic boom that spreads out in a 2x2x2 meter area. Anyone within this area aside from the user with [Willpower] less than 20 is stunned by this shockwave for one post.

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:21 am

The golden chains of radiant light wrapped themselves around a beast unhinged. Their grip tightened to squeeze the breath from long ago obsolete lungs. The monster thrashed against their coils in rage as her assault was dodged. . . mostly. When the incandescent glory spread from her it wrapped itself around more of her supposed allies and tightened their strangle to a point mere mortality would quiver and break, and many did. The gathered masses had been entrapped and her own might had sundered them. When they latched their leash upon the Titan's of this pack it cracked bone and sundered flesh. Indeed, even the mighty dragon was seized as the purest chains forced themselves around his throat, quelling the fires of dominion he spat. The bear's barking did nothing to free himself either, the squelching pressure grasping the air in his very lungs. Worst of which was the brilliance that embraced the mother of monsters. So great was the difference between her power and that of her daughter that the chains did split her in twain at the core. Her viscera fell upon the ground, staining the drenched earth with gore and sorrow. Wide eyed horror and shock gripped her face but briefly before she fell to the ground. Futile were her efforts to place her organs back in their proper place.

The greatest agony Katsu who felt all of them. The pain of death was sharp, sharper than any blade forged by the hands of man. It wracked her with exquisite torment the likes of which even her rent body had never felt before. With each life snuffed out a new pain raced through her like the knife of the gods, dipped in salt and oil then ever so suddenly plunged deep within her. So great was the excruciating punishment that her knees buckled and the beast was forced to kneel. She felt things impossible as the great dragon's massive scale buckled and broke beneath the pressure. It felt as if her own skin was being torn and reformed a thousand times a second. Her ribs ached and cracked, puncturing lungs and heart. The pain did not ease as any wound such was the bear's situation. A hundred times her belly was ripped open and she felt raw guts spill onto the ground and lay in the mud and stone. The greatest of which had come all the much later.

Desperation began to cloud her mind, mixed with no small part of dreadful horror. She thrashed against the chains in futility as her quivering body balked to respond to her commands. It bluntly refused to summon the strength to break these chains and her hatred did grow brighter. But for all of her rage, to this man who summoned chains of holy radiance, she was his rat to be caged. A mere beast for him to tame, or so she briefly thought. In panic and denial she began to look around her with wild erratic jerks. Her target was anything she could use to break this spell. Her wings and tail had been pinned, her arms clasped as if by bars made from the god's divinity themselves. Too low was the chain for her to bite at it as some base beast. What found her gaze instead was her mother's face to be twisted in a death's mask. Her mangled body shattered upon the blood soaked rock and dirt.

Such grimace had never once graced the eyes of such a woman and the sight shook Katsu to a core even she had never thought possible. In her panic it had touched something she knew not existed anymore. Immediately tears began to well in her eyes as the pain seemed to ebb for a brief instant. It soon reminded her in exacting fashion that she was indeed still in a struggle for her own life. Another moment of weakness crossed her mind as she believed perhaps she'd allow the insanity and pressure to do the same to her now. A thought that quickly sparked another at how futile that would be as she was deathless since Vorashu's stealing. Deathless. . .

"Hatred"

The word dripped from her gasping maw with enough venom as to make the land itself recoil in disgust. A new surge of agony once again washed over the aberrational woman causing her to heave and cry out in agony. As her body broke and sundered she rose her head, eyes glowing with the malice and disgust one could not fathom to comprehend. Her knee once more came under her control as a foot was placed upon the earth with a thunderous quake of power. In a display of power her other repeated the gesture, once more sending the earth to shiver in response. She stood to her full height and lifted her head once more with tears streaming from each of the now fully ruby orbs that rested in her scull. She took a step, causing the stone beneath to finally breach and crack. As she did each of the chains tugged on their victims and even the dragon was forced to lean to her power.

"Rot"

She repeated this word much more loudly, no less the vile venom did it soak into the very plane though. The cloak around her, the very one that had seeped into this man at the start of this confrontation, began to pulsate with putrid rhythm. The scent of decay and stagnation permeated from her very being at this. All around the luckless men who had stepped through her aura by chance or purpose would begin to have their skin boil and sunder. they'd become as lepers when their skin would fall from the bone and limbs follow in short order. Whether the same happened to her hatred's directed she didn't care, nor even know it was happening. Her focus was on freedom which would come in gruesome form. She allowed the armor around her arms and core to drop and laxed her own muscle, after having the shard that dwelled within clone itself as well as her most precious of organs. It placed the two within her leg just before the chains would tear through her body and close upon itself. Her own viscera now smeared the floor but she did not care as now her tail and wings were shattered, but free. Upon them she supported the upper half of her form.

Her wings, arms, and tail had already begun to put themselves back together. The wound that was her missing lower half and dumped contents of the upper had already begun to close. So great was the intensity of her hatred and rage she did not respond to their pain at all. Instead she advanced upon her target, slowly but with deadly eyes upon him. Her jaw became slack as it unhinged from its socket now and the ever present growl now mixed with a hiss. putrid acid dripped from the slavering fangs that lined it.

"Hungry"

She charged him again, moving with no less speed and grace afforded from the missing limbs as her spear-like wings carried her just fine. Rather than directly charge ahead she'd make a sharp and immediate bolt to the right of the man to come within a grasp of his shoulder. She'd not scream but instead a gurgling bubble escaped her now distended throat and a jet of noxious acid would erupted from within aimed at his chest. Without knowing if this would work she made to swipe at his leg as well with her tail and would continue to follow, pressing the attack should he dodge.
JutsuShow
Vorashu's Fury: Serenity Now
S - Tai (Disc)
Requires: Vorashu's Fury: Wrath
This automatically triggers after two continuous posts of a confrontation [activating at the top of the third] that Vorashu's Fury: Wrath is in effect or after sustaining a normally lethal injury. Being fully immolated by fire can trigger this as well. Once triggered Katsu's adrenal system goes into overload and her mind begins to process all information in an extremely accelerated rate, causing the world to appear in slow motion. This "bullet time" does not cause her to become faster in any way but does allow her to perceive and process information at an extremely accelerated rate. She is still as single minded in her pursuit of destruction as ever before. However, she is capable of complex thought though this only goes further into her destructive goals. She is capable of using more intricate tactics and being more precise in her effects over brute force. She is also impossible to knock fully unconscious outside overwhelmingly severe brain damage through physical means, rendering effective neutralization as the only means to stop her assault. Once triggered it becomes impossible to calm her without specific genjutsu or other similar effects. Each post this is in effect Katsu loses two [Willpower] and will become unable to fight should it ever reach zero.

Aspect of the Beast: Divine Sundering (Started and assisted but not complete)
S - Parasite
The parasite starts by creating a second brain somewhere within the body and duplicating itself to attach to this new "core". At the top of the second post Katsu's entire body starts to rip asunder directly up the spinal line. As the flesh tears new structures can be seen developing to create two perfect copies of the host, each retaining all the memories and experiences of the first. At the bottom of the second post two fully formed Katsu's are capable of fighting with half the Endurance and CP of the first. At any point either of the copies can "absorb" the other to regain all remaining CP/Endurance and use the biomass for regeneration. This does not count towards the maximum of five augmentations.

Aspect of the Beast: Vile Spittle (Replacing the Armor)
A - Parasite
The host grows an additional sack similar to the stomach that fills with a caustic and noxious fluid. This bladder is connected to the trachea and allows the host to projectile vomit a potent and putrid acid out to their strength in meters at the same speed. Over the course of three posts this fluid will dissolve organic material equaling half its effective strength (endurance) in cubic feet. Once used, this bladder will require one full posts to refill.

Vorashu's Fury: Scorpid's Sting
D - Tai (Maneuver)
Requires: Tail
Katsu coils the tail behind her back before lashing it out from either her hips or between her legs for a surprise stabbing attack.

A - Tai (Discipline)

Vorashu's Fury: Explosive Speed
S - Tai (Maneuver)
Katsu can move nearly instantaneously up to her speed in meters in an almost straight line. During this movement she is allowed a single action, be it a turn or raising a weapon. This consumes one of her two allowed teleports per thread.
Cloak Mode ShiftShow
Aspect of Infestation: Rot
A - Parasite (Cloak)
Katsu changes the "mode" of the cloak to act against any infested targets. This mode causes the cloak to emit an odor of decaying flesh and rotting meat while also pulsating like a heartbeat. Victims will instantly become aware they're infested with a foreign chakra as a sharp pain begins to race through them. If they're unable to purge it their bodies will begin to decay rapidly. This starts with oozing boils upon any surface of the skin along with rashes that bleed during the first post. The next post will bear swelling and black pockets of necrotic blood that begin to seep painfully. This is follow by patches of flesh sloughing off the body in increasingly large chunks. The next will see limbs begin to dislocate of their own weakening before eventually removing themselves from the body. The post after will result in organ failure, and death.

Ace Trainer

Post by Ace Trainer » Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:57 pm

The man in black stood confidently, seemingly unphased by the threatening growls and gurgles that were emitting from the creature. What ego the man had. There was little emotion on his face except a small smile as he reached into his pocket and pulled a cigarette, lighting it quickly and taking a heavy drag. However, there would be the sound of metal tearing and his eyes would turn would to see Aimi being the first to break free. Great. Well, if anything he'd eliminated the biggest threat and it would mean he would be able to - hopefully - focus solely on Aimi. It was unfortunate his partner had passed but Hisonaritako did not have time to mourn, and he'd had many losses in his past.

Turning to take a step, Katsu would let out some disgusting sound that the man in black would elect to ignore, only to have a sudden pain jolt through his body. The cigarette would fall from his lips, and he'd stumble for a moment before forcing himself to stay on his feet and upright. What was going on?

The creature growled once more before letting out another groan of words and anger, forcing Hisonaritako to attempt to turn to acknowledge it, only to have another wave of pain lurch through his body. Then it happened, before he could even think of a response the creature took a new form and came forward at him, first slow, then with sudden speed. He lifted a kunai to defend but his body would be rocked with internal pain as he would be forced to bend over to vomit, unfortunately this would only send him into the claws of the beast. It would grab him, only to then release acid and bile onto his body, and as quickly as he had come to the battlefield, Hisnaritako would be on it no more.

Katsu would be left with a lifeless corpse in their grasp, and victory was assured for almost a moment when suddenly a bright glow would shine from under the vile liquid they'd just erupted onto the body. The light would shine brightly for a moment then suddenly explode with [45 Strength]. It seemed the man in black had one final ace up his sleeve, hardly enough for this creature though.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:35 pm

The starving beast slowed and watched as the man died. As his life's blood began to pool on the earth beneath him, raised on her wicked blade, she allowed herself to lean down and lap at the blood soaked mud. The sweet taste of life sparked new hunger as her hissing maw twisted to stare him in the face, seeing the lids close as his eyes went dark. Dripping fangs came in to begin her feast of his flesh as limbs stitched themselves back together but her rapture would be denied. The radiant light warned of something to come and the beast ran her horn into his body in an effort to stop it but to no avail. His corpse was a trap unto itself, and she was blasted into the mud with nothing but her fury to comfort her. Such twisted hatred was it that she was stunned as his corpse was no longer hers to play with. His head had been turned to ash and mush. So great was her disappointed ire that she let lose an impossible scream that did quake the heavens and earth to their core. It blast the blood soaked stone from its anchor and did send it flying against a wall, before the wall itself sundered and cracked. So wild was her temper that she did not seek a new target but let the primordial planes absorb it all. Having been denied her quarry she did but collapse into a sobbing rage, her newly regrown fist creating earthquakes as she struck the ground.

"No."

So unstable was her mind that even those she called family witnessed madness with fear. The great bear recovered his foot and gazed upon an unhinged monster in wide eyed horror. The surviving warriors they had brought did not all have the nerve to stay. Many did flee back into the thick marshlands, leaving Hide with only two dozen men at his back. Even the great dragon did witness hatred's manifestation and was unable to remain resolute. He did turn his head to the titan and his kin, but his eyes caught the cause first. Seeing the visage of Anori broken and lifeless, he understood where this monstrous wrath ebb from and too. It was then his mind did turn to a similar fury. He allowed his surrogate mother's overwhelming hatred to overtake him as well, before he did his talon did reach down to touch the corpse of the woman, turning to look at Hide.

"Titan."

At this Hide finally spotted it too and his heart did sink. His legs grew weak and his lip trembled. He wished for nothing more than to reach out and hold her. The bear's fingers reach, but his mind was slipping. As daughter and son would father follow. He let cry a primal bellow to make his daughter's equal. His voice rang with hers to the men and women beyond. It was joined by the great dragon's as his hatred's call did split the skies with earth and fire. Now in terrible trinity the three turned their bale glare on the soldiers that remained.

"Devour"
"Burn"
"Crush"

Golnax

Post by Golnax » Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:41 pm

Across the field of battle, Aimi was dancing. After his initial assault of paralyzing and taking out the warriors with ease, all those around him realized that he needed to be dealt with quickly. So, logically, they all moved to attack him at once, believing, logically, that if they attacked form every angle there was no way that the naked swordsman would be able to defend themselves. Such was the extent of their training together that no one had to speak before every weapon-bearing warrior of the city surrounded by a wall rushed forward to attack as one, knowing what to do!

Unfortunately, none of them had ever faced an opponent like Aimi Kaguya.

Releasing his grip on the blade that impaled the back of the head of his first target, Aimi pushed out two meter-long shards of bone from the palms of his hand and began his wicked dance, dashing forward to the first man he saw and stopping right in front of him, hunched down in a horse stance, torso low, one arm thrust upwards so that the tip of his blade of bone pierced the bottom of the man's jaw. This was swiftly followed by the Kaguya retreiving the bone, twisting, and blocking an oncoming strike from another man before lashing out with his other arm in a crescent motion, spilling his guts onto the damp ground. So it would go, Aimi dashing, twirling, blocking, reposting, stabbing and slashing as he went, not stopping until he was forced backwards by a group of men attacking at once towards the sword he had seemingly abandoned, only for him to block a blow with his bone blades crossed in front of him in an X, reach backwards with his left leg and grab a hold of the longsword between his toes, flip backwards and draw the blade from it's makeshift sheath to send a wave of cutting air forward and bisected one of his opponents!

It was at this point, as Aimi came to rest on the ground once more, that the screams from Katsu and the explosion of the now dead ninja reached this part of the battlefield. The fighting stopped as all men looked over in the direction of the blast. Many stopped out of fear upon seeing Katsu. Others gave pause when they could no longer see the other shinobi and realized that he had likely perished, leaving only themselves to face off against the invading forces - a monster, her family, and a nude man that had been picking them off one by one; gracefully at that!

For the Kaguya's part, he saw the twisted, monstrous form of Katsu and how she wasn't calming down and the newly grown hairs on the back of his neck stood up. He understood immediately that something was wrong. Something had happened while he wasn't looking. What was it? The Titan came forward as did Kori, moving around the shrieking monster in a way that was almost... sympathetic? Aimi didn't understand what he was seeing. This wasn't something that normally happened on a battlefield. What had happened? What was wrong?

Then he saw her. The place where both Kori and the Bear reached out finally caught his eye, and he recognized the dead body that was there. Anori. Katsu's mother. Slain. 'Oh no,' he thought, immediately understanding why the trio of them were crying out in anguish and smashing the ground. The worst of their foes had been defeated, but the rebels, the defenders and the city all now faced something even more dangerous Aimi feared.

Retracting the bones back into his arms, Aimi reached back and took the sword from between his toes into his hand, pointing it at the remaining men around him. "One chance. Run into the swamp and maybe survive, or stay and die horribly," he called out, loud and clear. A warning that they could choose to heed or not. He didn't care. What he did was vanish from the spot in a blitz of speed, appearing behind where the grieving trio wailed and placing his hand on the side of the head of a man that was in his way, pushing him with such force that it sent him flying towards a tree!

"If you're still here, make for the city! Take it! It's yours!" Aimi cried to the rebels, pointing to the walls with his sword. Between him and the grieving wrath of the monstrous family there was a clear path for the people of River to follow. They began to run for it while Aimi turned his attention towards Katsu and the others. He needed to figure out a solution, something to do to direct their fury. There was no way that they were reliable to think clearly right now, but that didn't stop this rebellion from having just because the leaders weren't thinking clearly. It was just like when a leading shinobi in a squad was caught under a genjutsu - the next highest rank assumed responsibility for the squad until the leader could break free of the jutsu. In this case, that fell to him.

Thinking quickly, Aimi would dash forward and stand between the glaring monsters and the remaining city warriors. Naked as Katsu at this point with only a sword in hand, Aimi would stand between them and the people of River as a solitary shield. He knew that this wouldn't be enough, though. He had to do something a bit more drastic... and a bit more dangerous.

Channeling katon chakra into his sword, Aimi could catch it on fire - the only tool he had to dissuade Katsu that he knew of - and hold it out in front of him as though it were a shield. Fiery sword in hand, hair now beginning to resemble it's normal appearance, Aimi would stare the three of them down for a moment, a silent signal. "Wait" he seemed to saw. After a second he drove the flaming blade into the mud and stood with his arms out stretched to his sides behind it, waiting as the remaining River troops ran past him. The Kaguya kept his blue eyes fixed on the three of them, unwilling to move for an instant until the last rebel was passed and out of the way.

Once they had, Aimi would lower his arms, grab a hold of the sword and take a step back, opening the way for Katsu and the others to do as they pleased to the warriors that had signed their own death warrants by participating in this. He was silent but his actions seemed to say,

"Your catharsis is over there. Take it. It's yours."

With that, he turned his back on them and made to follow the River folk towards the city, taking his fire with him.

Jutsu UsedShow
Death Bone Pulse • Dance of the Willows
Prerequisite: 20 [Speed]
A technique meant to be used against groups of enemies, the user will ossify bone in their arms, creating two 1 meter long lance-like bones out of the palms of their hands that have strength equal to the users’ [Strength]. The user then rushes forward into a crowd of enemies, striking at them with thrusts and slashes. This technique is difficult to master, in that the user's movements must be swift, fluid, flexible, and precise. With each strike, the user aims for a vital point of an opponent before moving on to another. Once the user begins the technique, it is imperative that they maintain continuous motion so as to maintain a delicate balance of offense and evasion.

[Iaido • Dragon Strike]
Prerequisite: 35 Strength and Speed
The user steps forward with the front leg while unsheathing the blade in a horizontal attacking motion across the body. So swift is this technique that it is akin to a "flash", being impossible to see unless the opponents' Instinct is greater than or equal to the user's Speed. This slash creates a thin wave of nearly invisible air which cuts whatever it comes into contact with with 1/2 the user's Strength and travels up to a distance equal to the user's Strength in meters.

[Mugen • Legged Strike]
D-Ranked Kenijutsu Discipline
Using this discipline, the user is able to grab onto swords with their feet. By grabbing onto the hilt of a blade with their toes, the user is able to hold onto and lift up a bladed weapon with the same strength as their hand, allowing them to strike in unorthodox ways. This discipline can be used in conjunction with other kenjutsu techniques, allowing for a truly doubling of capabilities with the user's body and their swordplay.

*Katon • Heated Blade
D-Rank Ninjutsu
By channeling katon chakra into a metal weapon or blade, the user will cause it to grow hotter and cover the blade in flames. The imbued weapon will be able to carve through defenses of [Control] or less strength with ease.

Das Kirb

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:38 pm

Aimi withstood the hatred within the eyes of the trio. His posture did stay their advance. Only Katsu took shuddering steps forward towards the man, the flame on his sword no longer a threat to agony and wrath manifested in aberation's form. It was Kori that leaned in to hover over the man and place a talon before her. This would not be what the Titan would want, nor what he desired. Only when those who were not fighters had escaped did he move his talon from her path. Only when Aimi had stepped aside and knew the massacre to come had Kori once again allowed himself to be consumed. As the Kaguya did retreat, his job here done, the family moved, and with them they brought bloodshed the likes of which the land had never seen nor ever will again.

The screams of men and women filled the night air in a murder melody so violent and sad. Katsu's claws found heart and lung, tearing them from young and old as he teeth found their flesh sweet ambrosia. Hidestuga swung his hammer with wild fury, smashing brick and caving armor. His shield was lost and replaced with a great blade rent from the broken hand of a fallen soul. His swatch of blood and bone cut deep into their lines as he took blade and spear to his body, uncaring of the wounds. The great dragon did bring with him gaia's molten blood with his every step. Sweeping tidal waves of rock and fire raced through the streets, leaving only rubble and screams in their wakes. So impossible their fury and fervor that many began to drop weapons and flee. Their panic would serve them false, as all that remained would spill their crimson water to slake the blood thirst of the monsters three.

The decimation would last no longer than moon's high as the screams would start to ebb. What few souls remained within easy grasp had fed the hungry violence of father daughter and son. Together in the burning ashes they would tire and expire, their hatred giving way to sorrow as they collapsed. The great wyrm wrapped himself around them. Together they wept and together they mourned on a field soaked in ash and blood. And together they were witnessed but a man who saw it all. A man who knew what came next, and horror gripped him, but also hope. "It's over, son. Go down with the others. I'll talk with them when they wake." And the man did look over to a body that had triggered such monstrous bloodshed, a butchering that sprang from a war, having seen the faintest of motions. "Perhaps that will help."

Return to “Other Countries”