[Graded] Dragons of Summer's Day

Kat/Chi

Das Kirb
User flair: .001%

[Graded] Dragons of Summer's Day

Post by Das Kirb » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:08 pm

Upon daybreak Kori roused and gently looked to see Mika was still curled softly beneath him. No movement was made from that arm for fear of waking her. Varu had woken and prepared himself a light breakfast of a boiled egg and some dried meats. One was given to the dragon girl upon waking. Without preamble Kori would usher the pair upon his back after their meal and unfurl himself.

"Brace yourselves."

Kori's wings pumped and his legs surged as he took to the skies. Varu and Mika had been given places upon his back to ride back towards the city. Rising higher into the skies with each beat he eventually found a stable current and began to glide, smoothing out the ride from its turbulent start. The flight wouldn't be long but the view was his true purpose, showing Mika the land that he called him. The mountains far to the north and west, and the myriad rivers that snaked through dense jungles.

"Look out upon this realm and judge it, young one. I offer this as your new home. You may hunt as you see fit and the spirits welcome the sport. You may claim any patch as your den and the people will respect it or fear it. You may be small, but you will grow to claim dominion. If you wish, once you are ready, we can claim a realm within this land and you can reside peacefully, or rule over it by your wit or might. We go to meet the rest of them now. You may decide then if this is your home to claim."
Last edited by Nafan~ on Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Graded

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Dragons of Summer's Day

Post by Willoria » Mon Jun 21, 2021 11:53 pm

Mika was only a little grumbly when it came time to wake up. She was happy enough to accept a bit of breakfast for nibbling, though still hardly awake even as she pulled her cloak back on to try and warm back up now that she wasn't in contact with Kori's scales. She was still surprised at how warm the dragon was, and how much comfort she garnered from his contact. She was honestly glad to return to him, even if it was to climb up on his back. She clung to him carefully when instructed, lying flat on his back and careful to keep her own wings flat as he took off into the sky and she couldn't help a squeak of shock as they took off, after all, she couldn't fly herself yet.

As the flight calmed she couldn't help peaking out over Kori's back to look down and see the view below, gasping at the lands beneath them and slowly beginning to grin as she felt the wind through her hair. She heard Kori's words and her grin only grew. "It's amazing." She wasn't sure if he or Varu could hear her over the wind, but she was focused on taking in the sights as best as she could as they went along.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Das Kirb

Dragons of Summer's Day

Post by Das Kirb » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:35 pm

Kori banked gently to allow for his passengers to experience as smooth a ride as possible. With a smile on his face at Mika's acceptance of this realm, he now angled towards the city proper, coming into view just over the south horizon. From so high up is was possible to witness just how much construction was ongoing, people bustling about the entire way. The landscape seemed to be altered as well, making the city ascend gently as one got closer to the center where a tower stood. As Kori got closer one could begin to see a caravan beginning to head out with several people now carrying heavy boxes and bundles of tinder to various places around the city. Closer still one could make out the silhouette of a gargantuan man giving orders before proceeding to lift a particularly large slab of stone to join the crew.

"Below is the city that the bear has taken. He rebuilds it with the people. You can see him there, by the north gate. The largest person among them. I'm sure Beastia will be along shortly to aid, unless she is preoccupied."

Kori began a slow weave as he approached the city gates, catching many of the onlookers attention. Most of them turned and gazed upon the dragon while others ran inside in fear. A select few followed his flight and could be seen starting to gather at the north gate, causing Hide to turn around and look up. He waved down Kori and shouted, though his voice was impossible to pick up. Within a few minutes Kori had fallen gradually and now pumped his wings hard over a spot of hardened worked stone. He landed with as much grace as he could manage, but the earth still shook as his bulk struck earth. Hide had already come, and behind him a woman had materialized clad in leathers and fur.

"Oi ye great blasted lizard! Just in time. Could use yer size and earth magic ta reinforce some of the buildings we got built up. Probably make a few of the folks happier too have solid walls again. Its fer the noble district so sooner the better."

"I'll see it done before nightfall. However, you will speak with me and I need Beastia summoned. We have a guest who was hunted and chased. I offer her sanctuary."

As he spoke Kori lowered himself and stretched out his arm, making the climb off easy. Varu would dismount first.

"Eh? You offerin' anything nice is strange? What's this guest ye got?"

"She will be kin if she chooses. I will not accept otherwise."

At this Hide gave the great dragon an increadulous look. He was about to balk at Kori's demand but caught himself short.

"Alright, lizard. Ye got me attention. Ano, mind fetching our daughter? Might bring our other one too, this sounds important."

With that the woman was off on the hunt, and Hide gazed upon whoever may be hiding upon the great dragon's back.

Willoria

Dragons of Summer's Day

Post by Willoria » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:59 pm

Mika stared down below in both awe and surprise as everything passed them by. She clung dearly to Kori's back as he landed and she listened quietly to the conversation at hand. Though as Kori shifted to let them dismount she wasted very little time. She hardly waited for Varu to dismount before moving. But in her childish excitement she did not climb down, but instead slid down almost like a slide. It was an act made easier simply because she was covered in nearly as many scales as Kori himself, though also meant she was moving quicker than expected and the girl plowed right into Varu and knocked the man off his feet.

The girl couldn't help giggling as she got to her feet quickly and clumsily tried to help Varu up. "I'm so sorry!" she apologized over and over, her apology still punctuated by giggles as she spoke. It wasn't insincere, but the girl was still so excited from the flight and so relaxed from Kori's company she just couldn't stop the laughter that flowed from her lips. She hadn't even composed herself enough yet to realize she hadn't covered herself as she normally would have in front of strangers.

As a result her unique qualities were fully on display, her horns and her silver white scales, her wings were unfurled and twitching with her laughter. Even her tail swished back and forth as she covered her mouth to try in vain to stifle it, before turning and seeing the sheer size of the man looking at her who had seemed so much smaller from above. With a sudden yelp the laughter ceased and she clumsily covered herself with her wings and her cloak, blushing furiously as she pulled her hood over her horns.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Das Kirb

Dragons of Summer's Day

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:26 pm

A draconic foot had caught Varu in the face and sent the both of them tumbling. He fell square on his chest from the great dragon's arm and caught a smaller to the back, knocking the wind out of him. With assistance, he found his arms and legs again and got to his feet. Varu turned to look at the girl and make sure she was well, but couldn't help seeing Hide stifling a chuckle. Seeing the wooly beard quiver with his struggle not to laugh uproariously was amusing and caused Varu to smile in turn.

"I've caught larger weapons in less comfortable places. I'm fine, miss. However, commander. This is Senkensha Mika, dragonkin from somewhere I didn't catch."

Hide looked down at this girl and back up at Kori who glared down at him. Radiant heat began to roll off him as a very light glow began to emanate from the crystal formations. The bear paid it no mind instead trying to understand the situation. Despite himself, he wore a smile while taking a knee, attempting to get on the younger dragon's level. He looked upon her for about a minute, seeming to gauge something while leaning on his forward knee.

"Lass, the lizard has granted ye sanctuary. There's no need ta hide behind yerself. Iffen me grandson deems ye fit to offer that then I'll respect it. Welcome to Titan's Home. . . Ye can also turn off the dramatics ye great blasted gecko!"

Kori's heat subsided as he turned from Hide to Mika, blowing a gust of hot air around her. For once his face softened, if it could be said.

Willoria

Dragons of Summer's Day

Post by Willoria » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:41 pm

Mika stammered a moment as Varu introduced her and she nodded quickly. "...F-f-f-Frost Country." she finally managed, blushing furiously. She looked awkwardly between the large bearded man and Kori a few times before realizing the way Kori was beginning to warm up and glow. She turned suddenly as Hide knelt in front of her, swallowing hard as she looked at him and suddenly felt incredibly nervous. As he finally seemed to welcome her, she let out a breath she didn't seem to know she had been holding and nodded.

Of course, then she started giggling at what he called Kori. She looked up at him with a grin, not bothering to grab her cloak as he blew the hot air around her. The wind blew the cloak off of her and revealed again how obvious it was that she was dragonkin and her wings seemed to stretch out in the breeze as she finally smiled in full. "So I have a home." she said quietly. "A home where I can be myself..." her imagination was already going. "I could build a home here... myself?" She had never thought about it before, but suddenly the idea of a house she built with her own hands appealed to her. Even if her hands were a little small at the moment.

Das Kirb

Dragons of Summer's Day

Post by Das Kirb » Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:24 pm

"Aye lass. This be a home fer any with the spine to stand and the heart to want. Sure the lads gave ye me intro already. There be a couple rules ta follow, course. Wee one like ye needs a proper learnin'. Werkin on the school as we speak. Ye also be expected ta stand beside yer kin through thick an thin. Dun have ta like 'em. But kin is kin. In turn we stand with ye. Me girls will be along shortly and ye can say hello to them as well. Skink, she's yer charge fer the time. Got work to do so keep an eye out fer the lass."

Coming up the road was a trio of women. Hide turned and stood, embracing Ano once more before clapping the younger two on the shoulders. Arsa's face lit up with glee as she approached and saw Mika, a slight dance in her step. Katsu, standing arms crossed and covered in bleeding sores from head to toe across her entire visible body, appeared annoyed. Once her gaze came across Mika's she turned to confusion instead.

"Oi, were just speaking of ye. Ye've seen me wife Anori. These is me girls, Katsu and Arsa. I'll let them handle introductions fer themselves from 'ere. The lads down by the school likely need me hands. Ano, iffen ye could come too it'd be much appreciated. Told one of the boys been lookin fer suggestions on somethin. Asked fer ye."

"Sure. Sorry Mika, duty calls. Talk another time if you stick around."

Hide and Ano left to go about their business, leaving Mika with Kori, Varu, Arsa, and Katsu. Varu excused himself to see to other duties as Arsa and Katsu sized up their new friend.

"The sun rises upon a day and a new acquaintance. Your wings catch its rays and radiate bliss. To see another such as great Kori is truly a treat! And so small and cute is a delight I did not think to experience for lifetimes to come!"

Willoria

Dragons of Summer's Day

Post by Willoria » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:31 pm

Mika turned as she saw movement coming up the road and blinked a moment as she saw the women coming up the road. She was more than a little surprised at what she saw. While they were not all as large as Hide, all made impressions in their own way. Her tail swished side to side out of sheer curiosity behind her as he introduced each of the women, though Mika's eyes remained stuck on Katsu. It wasn't just her appearance that kept them on her though, nor the sores, but the things she had heard Kori saying the night prior. She wondered if the woman would attack her, or how she would react to her presence at all. So far, all she saw was some kind of confusion.

Hide and Ano left, Mika hardly nodding in their direction as they went due to her distraction. Her eyes quickly turning back to the two that were left. It took her a moment to register one was speaking to her, and it seemed to be Arsa. The compliments caused her to blush a bit. "My mother used to say I was a blessing from the gods." she said quietly. "She could turn into a similar form but it was only temporary, that I was born with a form such as this, from apparently a human father, she said I had to be from her gods." She glanced back at Kori though as a smile made its way across her lips. "Seems now Kori is father..." she remarked, the realization finally sinking in. Before she turned to look at Arsa and Katsu, her eyes falling again to Katsu. "I suppose that makes you my grandmother now, as he says you are his mother."

Das Kirb

Dragons of Summer's Day

Post by Das Kirb » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:41 pm

Arsa damn near burst her gut laughing and had to take a knee as her core almost gave out from the effort. Katsu stared down at this girl and unfurled her arms, cocking an eyebrow. The giant woman looked up at Kori before literally barking at him.

"Kori you fucking dumb ass dragon! Bring your head over here so I can smack the shit out of you. Just because I found you in the woods doesn't mean you can around kidnapping little girls! Where the hell did you even find her anyway?"

Katsu paused for a moment and tended to Arsa idly, basically reminding her to breath. However, Kori raised a massive talon and placed in between Katsu and Mika, glaring down at the woman.

"The welp deserves her chance to thrive, Beastia. Listen to her story and know it. I will not move against this."

"Yeah, I heard it. Girl's mom is a divine dragon and fucked some dude. Wait. . ." Her face lit up a bit as she spoke it, seeming to only actually recognize it now. "So you're actually half Kori? I figured it was some random fucking experiment or one of the great five had fucked with you and you'd run off. If you were born like this then where the hell are your parents? Did he actually fucking kidnap you? Cause if so I need to turn him into a hill for a while and find them."

Willoria

Dragons of Summer's Day

Post by Willoria » Sat Jun 26, 2021 11:16 pm

Mika flinched visibly as Katsu became suddenly angry at Kori. She was clearly shocked by the sudden reaction. Out of reflect her arms suddenly pulled her cloak around herself tightly as if to protect herself and she looked between the two as she whimpered out. "H-h-he didn't kidnap me." but her words were quiet. "He didn't kidnap me." she managed to say again, a little louder but still at a normal volume as Kori's talon came down and he spoke to Katsu himself.

"HE DIDN'T KIDNAP ME!" She finally managed to yell at some point, panting to catch her breath and looking between all the faces around her as she clung to her cloak so hard that her knuckles had paled. She wasn't sure when but her eyes were full of tears. "My mother fancied herself some kind of priestess. To a dragon god. Our village thought she was a freak, and when I was born after she left with some passing man, a shinobi she told me about, they began to hate us. They burned our home, they burned her alive and I was left alone. I was running from them when I came across Kori."

She swallowed hard. It wasn't the story she had told Kori originally, what she had told him was the fairytale her mother had told her growing up, the one she clung to and wanted to believe whole-heartedly. What she told now was the nightmare she saw every time she closed her eyes. As tears slipped down her cheeks and she shook her head again she simply said, "He saved me, before they could find me again, after they burned my mother alive."

Das Kirb

Dragons of Summer's Day

Post by Das Kirb » Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:15 pm

Katsu fell completely silent and Arsa had stopped laughing. Now even Kori had turned his gaze upon the girl. Suddenly the air grew very thick with feelings of regret and sorrow. It was Arsa who broke the silence. She approached the girl and took a knee, attempting to look her in the eye. She reached out with a hand to place it upon her shoulder.

"I hope you've forgiveness in your heart after such pain. My Beast lacks many manners but her words are not to cut down. Merely from confusion."

Katsu looked down at herself and realized the sorry state she was in. She looked back at this girl and grit her teeth. An idea came to mind as silence dropped upon them. This time Katsu looked at the girl and back at Kori who had shifted his gaze to the woman, giving a threatening glare. Understanding the situation, she spoke softly.

"I can relate, actually. Sorry. Fact is a lot of us here are fucking monsters in one way or another. Shit, Kori there is a god damn dragon and still gets side eyed. But, to prove my point."

The sound of rending flesh and cracking bone began to emanate from her as her back split open, spraying the air with crimson life. A long wicked tail with lethal dagger snaked it's way out from around her back followed by two eclipsing wings.

"I'm no fucking different. Welcome to the land of monsters, kid. Welcome to Titan's Home."

Willoria

Dragons of Summer's Day

Post by Willoria » Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:57 pm

Tears fogged her vision and Mika couldn't help sniffling as the woman reached out to touch her shoulder. She looked at her a moment, nodding slowly. "A man took me from the mob, I thought he was going to take care of me but he just handed me the cloak and some supplies and sent me away. I just started wandering." She said quietly to her, still sniffling. "But then I saw Kori..."

Mika shifted her gaze as Katsu spoke, tilting her head at her words and looking confused as the woman referred to herself as a monster. The woman's transformation and bloody show caused her to blink a few times but she didn't flinch. Instead the girl released her cloak and stepped away from Arsa and moved closer to Katsu. She walked in a slow circle around her, looking at everything about her as if she were mystified. The blood didn't didn't seem to bother her in the least. In fact as she got around to look up at Katsu again she said what was probably the last thing the woman would have expected. "You're not a monster." she told her quietly. "You're beautiful." As she spoke, if allowed, she'd even go so far as to hug Katsu.

Das Kirb

Dragons of Summer's Day

Post by Das Kirb » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:28 pm

Katsu took a knee as she was inspected, unsure of what was happening next. While screams were the norm, it was not uncommon for interest to overtake a witness. When the small girl came in for a hug the usual veneer of seething hatred and domination began to melt. The great woman looked down this girl's back and gently wrapped her in strong arms, avoiding the extra appendages. She pulled her close and embraced her before wings enveloped them and her tail wrapped around the girl as well. When Katsu looked up she saw a beaming smile coming from Arsa who practically danced with joy. Kori simply looked down upon the spectacle and adjusted his stance, recognizing what this meant. Once more he lay upon the ground, watching the situation unfold.

"Fuck em, welcome home small one."

Return to “Other Countries”