Just a Sip of Tea

The Boys are Back In Town

Nick

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Nick » Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:58 pm

What an eventful couple of years it had been. Having been forced to gather as many of his people as he could and flee his own home country, Fuhen had been amassing something. It wasn't power, wealth, or an army, those things had come to him. Instead he'd been thinking, cultivating, planning, and brewing, and now it was time to take those thoughts and put them to actions. It was time to take back the minor countries.

"We're past the border, boys!" Came a call from the front of the caravan. There were quite a few covered wagons filled with people and supplies, Fuhen's people, some small smattering of fighters and samurai, even a few missing ninja who had joined his cause, but mostly hunters, farmers, wives, husbands, and children. In the back of one of the lead wagons sat Fuhen and his current companions, sitting around a short war table, planning their advance...

"Three o' a kind, fours!" The frog called out, slapping his cards down onto the table, prematurely celebrating a victory at the cardgame they were playing, and starting to rake in his earnings before the others even had a chance to show their hands. "Jus' in time, too! Looks like we're about to get quite busy."
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

TheLacarix

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by TheLacarix » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:31 pm

Ikuto’s breath stunk of stale beer as he breathed heavily into the cart, his brow sweaty and a patch down his back that made his purple haori cling to his skin. He wasn’t used to the hot weather of the new tea country, as his hand flapped almost desperately and in vain to fan himself.

The old man eye’s narrowed as Fuhen called out his cards, he folded them over to indicate that he’d lost and huffed in annoyance. “Very busy indeed.”

Dragging himself upwards, his bones creaked like floorboards been stepped on as he peered over the cart and out at the country around him. The smell of what he could only describe as poverty hit his nostrils as his grimaced, this was no land of the people we’re, but he knew nothing of this new tea though he did know the Shogun, the weak foolish man that had desperately grabbed for land and lost his home at the same time and the home of many others.

There was a small boy sat on the edge of the roadside, he was so slim and sickly you’d almost believe he was a skeleton. “This may not be my land, but these are certainly my people and I don’t plan for us to sit around much longer playing cards.” He scoffed with annoyance, aggravated what had happened, as he flung a few ryo from the wagon to the small boy who jumped on it like a rat to an old piece of meat.
CharactersShow

The White Eyed Demon of the Leaf
Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Zao

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Zao » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:12 pm

Fuhen was a man that Ken had met after teaming up With Ikuto in the past, though needless to say the man was an acquired taste to say the least as hooded man simply folded the cards in his dark hands down not bothering to bicker with the odd man seated at a angle from him in the current triangle between the three men in the wagon. Turning his head to an extent that shouldn't have been possible the light from outside the wagon's canopy illuminated a small portion of his pale skin face that was littered with tattoo like writing and body piercings. A long white snake half hidden by the man's dingy looking robe extended its sharp triangular shaped head with a red dot in the center of its head as well at this point as its tongue tasted the air and a quiet hiss slipped from its fanged mouth as it retracted the purple forked tongue.

Ken and his companion, Kiyo, could notice the difference in the smell of the outside air as he shifted his dull red eyes with slit pupils towards an opening the wagon's fabric covering to see the sole child that seemed to be struggling with starvation and poverty as a result from his incompetent leader's decisions during the Great War. His nearly one hundred and eighty degree turned head pulled away from the image of the small child as a silver of his predatory intent leaked out affecting those will low will power.

Not only were the shinobi to blame but the greedy leaders like the Shogun of Tea who lost everything for his people trying to seize something more for himself. The serrated style teeth in his lips grinding slightly as his sharp eyes glanced over to his traveling companion of nearly two years, the sweaty old man. "Old man, I couldn't believe it was this bad. I had some reservations before but now I can see what must be done." Perhaps Ken was the darker of the three, his grudge again the race of shinobi to deep to recover from...but his vision of the cost of this "Great War" was continuously being expanded past his own grudges. They needed to rectify this and rally the minor countries against this forced shinobi occupation, punishing the wicked along the way was an added perk for Ken.
Last edited by Zao on Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
CharactersShow
Active
Tsukino Hisato - Kiri Chuunin - Seven Swordsman Dagger

Saisuko Zao - Suna Bannin - Spirit Weapon Saint

Kyōhō Ken - The White Snake Sage - S Rank Assassin/Bounty Hunter

Aburame Hisato S-rank Mn / Inactive

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Arashiyama Ning - Kumo Chuunin - Weilder of the Ghost Spear

Yami Kasai - Mizukage - The Black Reaper - DEAD

Genso - Elemental Crafting Shaman - A Rank Monk - Inactive

Aburame Akiro - Konoha Jounin - ANBU Member - Inactive

Hyōryū -- Suna S-Rank / Dead / Used as Inheritance.

Xi - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Sato - A Rank, "The Cleaving Swordsman " / Inactive

Akujin - Konoha Genin, Art Ninjutsu Guy / Inactive

Toukai Touma - Kiri Genin / Inactive

Arashiyama, Toushi - Kumo Bannin / Dead

Hitachiai - Iwa Jounin / Inactive

Ji Ning - Iwa Genin / Inactive

Naegi, Chin - A-rank MN / Inactive

Nick

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Nick » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:23 pm

The frog pocketed his winnings with glee, looking far too happy, until his gaze followed the tossed Ryo out of the cart and to a rail thin boy. The expression on his face changed almost immediately, and very visibly. It softened, then shifted to something like sadness, and finally turned to something akin to anger. He reached into a crate laying next to him, pulling out a few rations of dried meat and a crusty roll of bread. "Aye, jus' like River afore the war..." He said sadly, hopping out of the wagon and handing the food to the boy, who looked too confused at the generosity to be grateful right then.

His own people had long suffered under their previous Daimyou, but at the time Fuhen had been too weak to stand up. By the time he was strong enough, the Daimyou was already being replaced by a true monster.

Now out of the wagon, he didn't climb back in with his drunken and scarred companions, choosing instead to walk around to the lead wagon and look around him, taking in the landscape of Tea. He'd spent a lot of time in Tea in his youth, training, getting money to take back home, and in many ways becoming close to a native. This was not the Tea of his youth. Fuhen's gut wrenched and his mood was soured even further as he discovered that the boy he'd just given food to was not an exception to an otherwise happy, healthy populace.

The people were dying, he could feel it in his very heart.

The trio was here for a reason, a revolution was determined, not by them, but by the people. They were rapidly approaching the first major population center with quite a significant population of their own. A few people would recognize Fuhen's face from his adventures here in the past, but bringing in a much larger crowd would be the ruckus of wagons and such a large number of people coming along with it. "Ken's right, Iku..." He said behind him with a sigh. "You brought our attention to somethin' good. Too starved ta even think about fightin' back."
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

TheLacarix

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by TheLacarix » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:40 am

Ikuto’s nose turned up as he heard Fuhen call him Iku, as though he was a pet puppy “Ikuto.” He said firmly and rolled his eyes with annoyance. He nodded in agreement at the pair who seemed to agree him that tea needed a new establishment.

“It’s not a case of them fighting back, it’s a case of fighting on.” He said softly “If we remove their leader, they’ll still be without hope, we have to show them that there is a chance for a new life, they’ll follow us without question.” He pulled a small box out from the inside pocket of his haori and opened it up showing the others, that it was filled to the brim with dark brown seeds, picking them up with his fingers “Seeds from my homeland, these are the key to victory though taking down the Shogun will be no easy task least not for an old man like me.” He grumbled “But I will have to do it If he doesn’t step down peacefully.”

The cart continued roll forward, it wouldn’t be long before they’d arrive to their destination.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Zao

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Zao » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:18 pm

The black, bare feet of the former Dragon Country native stepped down from the still slowly moving wagon onto the hard packed soil of the pathway that was being flatted down but the caravan of wagons the trio had managed to assemble for this movement. His claw like left hand extended back towards the wagon as the six meter white viper bridged the gap between the hand and the wagon as she slithered up and around the man's left arm and into his loose fitting garb before poking her head back out of the neck of the garb allowing her to look at what ever her master was able to see. A quiet his of interest escaping the snakes lips a sound that was typical for a snake for those around Ken but for the man himself he heard her words, "What a pathetic group of people...why even both to help those who can't help themselves?"

Ken's crimson snake-like eyes shifted to the triangular headed serpent that was beside his right shoulder and sighed lightly, he knew it was difficult for solitary animals like Kiyo to understand the ways of human's and thus he held nothing against her words. Though their was a part of him that also felt this way, the part of him that was twisted with the ideals of the White Serpent King who's chakra he now shared. But his humanity was still in control and it made him remanence about the war reaching his home land and him ultimately being driven out after the death of his family. A foreign tongue was spoken that resembled the hissing of a snake with what some might have confused with a demonic language that made no sense to anyone else but was spoken clearly to his companion, "A means to an end, I to have a dream of reclaiming my homeland but against such an enemy as one of the great shinobi nations...I must gather strong allies and prepare thoroughly."

Then he joined Ikuto and Fuhen as the man was showing off his small box filled with the seeds from the old man's homeland, "Heh, you aren't as feeble as you let on old man..." A straight forward tone accompanied the Serpent Sage's average sounding voice as he spoke to his two human companions now. The claws fingers curling and uncurling slightly at the sweet thoughts of combat, he was growing a bit hungry after all...
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Nick

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Nick » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:59 pm

Fuhen chuckled with mirth, though his expression remained fairly serious as Ikuto corrected him. In truth, Fuhen had known both men for awhile, though he didn't really know them as people so much as warriors. Their 'friendship' was one conceived in war time, brought together under a common roof, rather than one conceived though years of getting to know eachother. All the same, the Frog had a degree of respect for the two of them, their strengths, and their willpower to stand up again despite their hardships. It didn't hurt that they treated him as an equal, rather than as the "Grand Shogun." He still wasn't used to that.

Tea country was Ikuto's fight, but it was a cause that Fuhen and his Kobushii Kaishu could get behind. "Aye, it may not be easy, but the people need to know that you took him down all the same, not Ken or meself." He walked forwards with his companions, casually throwing an arm over Ken's shoulders, and then retracting it almost immediately with a "Gah!" as he noticed the snake taking up the space instead. He neglected to comment on it, however. "Dunno about yer seeds givin' hope, but they're your people. Even so, they'ms be needin' t'know that their knew leader is better than the old one in every way, strength still earns respect." He said it gravely, there was experience behind those words, somewhere. "But ye've got us to clear the path, nobody will get in the way, I can guarantee that!" He gestured to Ken and himself. This was going to be a hostile takeover for only these three, they were avoiding getting other soldiers involved, they didn't want war, they wanted revolution.

They'd finally reach their destination, the first major population center for miles, and while these types of towns could usually be expected to be more wealthy, healthy, and happy than their neighbors, there was no such luck to be had here. Fuhen wanted to stop and help as many of these people as he could, but there was simply no way to provide for this many without fixing the problems backing their troubles. So, Fuhen did what he used to always do when he went to a new town, and got ready to put on a show. "I'll get their attention, but it's your message to send."

Already, the existence of the rather large caravan had been drawing some attention, people coming from the outskirts to see what was going on. "Ready, fellas?" He said, not waiting for a response as he stepped out in front of them, reaching what could be considered a town square, or at least some kind of local gathering spot. "Ladies and gents!" Fuhen called out, loudly. He made several flashy, unnecessary gestures, and in bursts of his pink, flowery chakra his blades popped out in what would look like some kind of fireworks show to those who didn't know better. "Your countrymen are here!" The blades flew through the air, trailing more flower petals dramatically, pointing at Ikuto briefly, before one by one they fell at his feet, interlocking expertly until they formed what was essentially a soap box made of katana. He had their attention, but now it was Ikuto's job to have their hearts.
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

TheLacarix

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by TheLacarix » Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:29 pm

Ikuto’s eyebrows raised and his lips curled up into a smirk as Ken made a comment on the old mans true nature “Now now, don’t give the game away.” He scoffed as he dragged his aged body from the cart as it came to a halt, wincing when he landed on the ground below.

His raised eyebrows continued in their heightened position, whilst his eyes widened shocked that Fuhen was getting to work so quickly and creating such a grand, flamboyant entrance presenting the old man to the masses. Groaning with annoyance his eyes shifted, narrowing at Fuhen giving him a deathly glare “Thanks for that.” He grumbled under his breath, just loud enough that the Grand Shogun could hear it.

Not wanting to look completely frail, the sound of Ikuto’s bones popped and crunched like twigs being stepped on as he straightened out his back and puffed out his chest, making him seem much taller and more youthful, if that was at all possible though his round stomach hung well over the waist of his trousers but he unbuttoned his haori, exposing his under shirt and creating two horizontal lines that make it look a little less… large.

He didn’t need to grab the publics attention, they we’re already grasped by the grandiose entrance and now he had their attention he’d need to keep it as he took the podium.

His voice rung out, not of an aged, tired man but boomed with power, strength and most of all confidence “My brothers of the motherland, I have come here today not to praise our shogun but to bury him! Bury his evil, his greed and his lofty ambitions that dragged us down the path we walk on today. It’s a path we cannot walk back but I promise you, there is a fork on the road, and I will lead you to the utopia!” They applauded with hesitation, yet with swift excitement clear they feared so openly denouncing the shogun of their home afraid of the consequences, Ikuto pulled the box from inside his haori holding it within his hand.

“You need not fear the sword of a madman with mad ambitions, his sword will not cleave you from ear to ear as I will be there to bolster your spirit and your strength! The strength of our once great nation will return, and I will bring it back with this!”
he opened the box, lofting out a single tea seed “This one seed, this tiny seed holds our hopes it’s what made our nation great, it’s what gave our home its name, it’s what will redeem us. We need nothing but the light of the sun and the passage of time, which we have in abundance! Tea is what will save us!”

“Tea is what will save us!” They yelled back, applauding, and cheering with excitement it was clear that Ikuto had stirred the conception of revolution in their minds.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Zao

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Zao » Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:26 pm

The snake eyed fellow gave the overly friendly Fuhen a side eye as he attempted to invade his personal space, which was sadly a common occurrence with the man who truly didn't know what a personal boundary was, only to come face to face with the white snake Kiyo who had already occupied the spoke on her master's right shoulder. Each of them locked eye but Kiyo didn't attempt to strike at him for getting to close, having also become familiar with this type of action from the Shogun and instead appeared to narrow her crested eyebrows. A slight hiss escaping her lips, its meaning unknown to all but the snake's owner as he couldn't help but crack a light smile. "I used to snack on frogs..." Shaking his head lightly the man spoke in a whisper in the tongue of the snake back to his young companion "I wouldn't bite that one, he's a poisonous frog." The bright blue eyes of the snake looked the Frog Man up and down one time before curling herself across the back of Ken's neck as their caravan came to its fist full stop.

"Heh." A smug laugh slipped through the tight lips of the snake man at the remark back from the old Ikuto, though it was obvious that the man was past his prime that did not mean the Ronin was not like a coiled snake able to strike out at a threat in a moment's notice. Then per the normal the Frog man started things off, always a bit over the top with his style to which the unsurprised Ken could only shake his head and pull the hood up over his tattooed and pierced face, his snake companion tucking herself into the rob and out of sight for the moment. Swords flew into the air and somehow, as if controlled through magic they landed precisely were Fuhen wanted them to, something that still surprised the Dragon country native every time he witnessed it...the man didn't have the nickname of the Grand Shogun for nothing. As their old friend straightened himself up and Fuhen called the attention of the crowd Ken slipped into the crowd himself, not wishing to be part of the antics of either man and not enjoying being in the spotlight in any fashion for these types of things.

As the stirring words of the old man began to rekindle the nearly extinguished spirit within the people of Ikuto's homeland, such an occurrence of course brought about more than the local's who had been intrigued by the spectacle set up and then the powerful delivery of the old man's confidence filled words. The current Tea Country Shogun's samurai were within the crowd with conflicted faces. They knew it true that their leader had become to power hungry and that the end result was them losing their homeland, but at the same time as samurai their code of honor bound them to this man, after several seconds the first set of men who came back to their senses began to push their way through the crowd only little did they know that the eyes of the serpent was already upon them. "Intercept the far two..." Though fighting was inevitable Ken also knew that he didn't want things to rapidly disband into a flurry of blades with such a crowd gathered up so the language of the snakes he tasked out his white serpent that slithered out of the bottom of his shirt and into the crowd without a word back to him.

Two samurai that were making their way around the right side of the crowd were suddenly tripped up as the fast tail of the snake that was much stronger than she looked knocked both completely off their feet and then with another smash of her tail rendered them unconscious. Of course the samurai posted this far out from the Shogun himself were nothing more than low level swordsman so it wasn't to hard for Kiyo to overpower them quickly. Another pair was attempted to come right up the center, directly behind where Ken had positioned himself though it looked like coincidence it was more of a strategic thing. Blocking their path one grabbed the hooded man's shoulder attempting to toss him out of the way before both of the young samurai would find the man didn't budge despite his frail frame instead it merely caused the torn fabric of his hood to fall down revealing the messy black hair. His head then turned one hundred and eighty degrees, something that should have been impossible as their eyes locked with the red eyes of that belonged to a serpent, not a man. "Let the man sssssspeak." Four simple words came out of his mouth as the Serpent Sage's [Frightful Presence] was applied to the men who were the only ones close enough to hear the quiet hiss sound he made when speaking the last word.

Fear crawled up their spines, the man in front of them suddenly turned from a frail looking commoner to their deepest fear causing them to tremble and step backwards and stumble onto their backsides. Growing around the man was a large translucent white snake, coiled around Ken but only visible to the two guards who were in his gaze as the fear only continued to multiple to the points that scrambled to their feet and started running away screaming something about a monster or giant snake. Ken watched them for a moment before turned his head back to the main stage as though nothing had happened and placing his hood back onto his head. At this time his faithful companion Kiyo could be felt curling up around his leg and back into the concealment of the baggy long sleeved top the man wore. Of course there were a few others spread out but he felt his companions could take care of them...'Foolish men, serving such a arrogant and selfish man...' The distain was clear on Ken's face for the men and he quietly folded his arms tightly across his chest as the crowd changed back "Tea is what will save us!"
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Nick

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Nick » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:59 pm

The Shogun listened intently, eyes wide and a gentle smile growing on his face as Ikuto spoke. He may have been old, but he really did know his people. As cheers erupted, several of his katana clanged together back to back, making his own clapping, signaling the sounds of war as well. He folded his arms in an approving fashion. Fuhen had a lot of respect for the man's ability to rouse his people, and while the man himself was quite good at it, he still hadn't fully accepted his role as a leader. He would have to learn fast.
As the sound of Ken's speech reached his ears, the man's confrontation was already over, but problems were about to arise for the group all the same. Even with the four lower class samurai Ken had nonlethally (and Fuhen silently thanked him for that) taken out of the fight, the commotion only grew as more samurai broke through the circle of people, weapons half drawn. "Stop this at once!" One of them shouted. The frog glared. In an instant, several of his blades not supporting Ikuto shot out, forming a circle around the people with the backs of the blades facing them, dangerously locking the Tea country samurai in.

"Let's nae be so quick, aye fellas?" He called out. Several of the samurai looked unsure. "Jus a peaceful gatherin', innit?" Silence reigned for a few moments. Fuhen shot Ikuto, and then Ken a look. "You must disperse!" The leader insisted, lowering his stance and tilting his sword forwards, ready to perform an Iai draw in an instant. He shot them another look. "We cannot stand by and let the name of our Shogun be besmirched so readily!"

He sighed. This was exactly the kind of thing that made war so messy. These samurai couldn't exactly be considered innocent, given their complacency in the actions of their leader, but at the same time, they were duty bound to follow his orders. The Frog raised his hand with the sword bracelet on it, and gave it a loud shake. "See your coward of a Shogun!" He cried. "Sending warriors to prevent people from merely meeting!" He entered a stance, no weapons on him.

Fuhen bent his arm, elbow pointing directly to a samurai near the leader who was halfway through drawing his weapon. In an instant, Fuhen was on him, bent backwards unnaturally far for a ridiculous hook that would only connect thanks to the surprise of his speed. In the next instant, he was bent unnaturally in the opposite direction, and the samurai before him was falling to the ground. Silenced reigned once more. They were sending a message.
JutsuShow
*[Strong Fist Style • Leaf's Flashing Might]
B-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Requiring a full post of charge time the user tenses their entire body in preparation, becoming immobile. During this time they will look for their direct path and position themselves with their elbow pointed forward. At the end of the post they will release all of this pent up energy with extreme force, leaping nearly instantaneously a number of yards equal to their strength. If their strength is high enough this can punch through obstacles on their path and create extreme damage to opponents who are hit by it. Often used as an opening attack and cannot be done more than twice per thread.
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

TheLacarix

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by TheLacarix » Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:15 pm

Ikuto’s speech rang out, his final words listened to in pure silence. The moment his lips clasped shut the loud eruption echoed through the air signaling to the old man that he’d done enough to rally his people. Hopefully to give them the courage to follow him, under his rule.

It was clear that the disruption had brought attention to the guards, it upset Ikuto to see his comrades unfortunately harming the children of his motherland, though it was clear they we’re lost children and had very little chance of redemption.

He was not the warrior his two comrades we’re or at least not anymore, though if he was honest with himself, he wasn’t sure if even in his youth he was anywhere near as powerful as Fuhen and Ken. Either way it didn’t matter, he would have to offer a show of strength to prove himself to what would hopefully soon be his people, he’d just promised to protect them and if he couldn’t protect himself how would they believe it.

Though he truly didn’t want to hurt the guards, brothers of his motherland perhaps he could scare them without hurting them and prove his strength all in one fell swoop and display that he could be merciful leader. Guards began to gather around Ikuto on the podium, he raised his hands gesturing to his comrades not to jump to his rescue.

“I plead with you, stand down my brothers I don’t wish to harm you.” The guards, simply laughed not expecting much if anything form the old man. He sighed softly, his fingers softly gripped around the handle of his blade he torqued his arm, his old muscles flexed and hardened what seemed like the first time in years. As his blade flung from it’s sheath in a fluid motion, spinning on the spot. Usually his blade would move around him, working both as an offence and a defense though this time his blade was high in the air facing upwards as flames spat out, taking on the form of a giant roaring dragon spiraling towards the clouds.

The guard’s stopped in their tracks, shocked by the impressive display of power “Stand down.” He said, his voice firm yet quiet. They slowly backed off, slipping back into the crowds and away from the conformation entirely. The dragon dispersed into the clouds as he sheathed the katana with a gentle click.

“My brothers, my sisters, my children! Tonight you celebrate, for when you wake in the morning you will all be free from this tyranny!” His knee, almost buckled beneath his weight as he continued to puff out his chest and keep his old frame up. Walking down the podium towards the cart, hiding his physical weakness at least for now as beads of sweat dripped down his brow.
usedShow
[The Dragons Path]
S-Ranked Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: Heavenly Tai, Sword Weapons & 40 Strength
The user will focus their entire energy into a single swing of their blade, torqueing every muscle in their body and swinging their blade outwards and spinning on the spot, a blast of energy will take on the shape of a dragon reaching 30 meters in height and width and covers an area of 90 metres, moving around in perfect spiral around the user at a speed and strength equal to the users [Strength] anyone and anything caught within its blast will be ripped to shreds. Lasts up to 4 posts.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Zao

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Zao » Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:58 pm

'Let's see what you do to calm the storm...' The serpent man's slatted pupils observed the group that had managed to still find the courage even after the inhuman feat of both speed and control from the strange Frog man, one would have thought that enough to deter the normal foot soldier that patrolled these dirty streets but to his own slight surprise a group still managed to worm their way through the crowd in an attempt to retake control of this possible rebellion that was forming. He had honestly been preparing to move to help deal with the situation when the old man's hand gesture halted him in his steps causing his blackened arms to fold over one another upon his chest.

It was no lie to say the Ken held more of an attachment to the old man, perhaps one of the half serpent's only soft spots left in this world, as the pair had bonded through combat against the shinobi and their attempts to claim lands that they held no rights to. But it was somewhat deeper than that as a part of the young man had placed the old Ronin in sort of the grandfather like role, someone who had helped to mentor and guide him during the turmoil that he faced in his own mind and soul during the war and the pain it brought to him like many others.

'This is the old man I know...' As the powerful, roaring dragon formed from sheer air pressure of the swing of the man's blade being drawn from its sheath. It was an incredible display of sheer overwhelming power from the fragile old man, something he hadn't see in some time since the war had ended. The flies ran away, perhaps pissing themselves in the face of the powerful dragon that reached upwards towards the low hanging clouds above. Yet, the corner of the man's thin mouth twitched seeing the subtle signs of the old man's body from resorting to using such a technique...he wasn't a young man anymore and though no one in the crowd noticed his companions that knew him noticed.

Shaking his head the snake and its owner maneuvered through the thinning crowd as their lips spoke about Ikuto's name and his idealism, a hard U-turn from what the mood was before their arrival. Pulling his hood slightly further over his head he quickly made it back across the makeshift town square area and towards their wagons as he approached the old man's left side, a whisper like voice slipping through the air between the two of them. "Overdo it a bit?" Though their was a bit of sarcasm on the chosen tone their was a hint of care mixed in as well.
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Nick

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Nick » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:29 pm

Fuhen's fist steamed dramatically as he stood back up straight, his sweat evaporating quickly from his increased body temperature, giving the air a notable ozone smell. He made no additional movements as the crowd of samurai began to get worked up, simply standing in a strong pose, ready to stand his ground. His attention was turned to Ikuto as he attempted to de-escalate the situation, a smile forming on his lips as the man readied his fighting stance...

In a flash, the rising tension hit its climax and blew out all at once as the elder showed off his hidden strength, and the frog's smile turned into a look of resolute joy. Ikuto really was just like the samurai from the old stories! For a moment, he forgot his position as not the Grand Shogun, but as the hype man for the Shogun of Tea. "Behold, the Dragon of Tea!" But only for a moment. "I-Ku-To!" He chanted, "I-Ku-To!" And soon the crowd was joining in, chanting the man's name as he walked away so calmly back towards his ride.

The crowd sufficiently riled, the Frog dropped back into the crowd, working his way back and around to the card, grinning at his two comrades. "We're pretty good at this, aye?" He said, whistling to the driver of the cart. "To the Shogun's palace, if'n ya please!" He called out, which was met with a similar whistle as the cart maneuvered through the crowd. He almost offered to give Ikuto a hand up onto the cart, but he knew it was a bad look, and that his pride as a samurai would stop him from accepting his help, regardless. "One last stop, fellas. Tea will belong to its people once more before the sun rises tomorrow."
JutsuShow
Hard Work Style 💢 Promising Soldier
S-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Despite being full of limitless potential and filled with vigor, Fuhen appears as nothing more than your average man in all aspects. This 'technique' implies that nothing about Fuhen's body language portrays that he is a trained/experienced killer, and everything from the way he walks to how his chakra appears to casual observers reinforces the idea that he is, if anything, clumsy and likely incapable of fighting. This is most useful in passing himself off as nothing special, putting most into a false sense of security, though with minimal effort Fuhen can break out of this technique to reveal his true self.
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

TheLacarix

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by TheLacarix » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:11 am

Ikuto sighed as his name was chanted by the civilians and Fuhen donned a new title upon him, it seemed fitting though a tad on the nose. Though it didn’t matter too much to Ikuto what people did or didn’t call him, he knew he didn’t have too long left in his fragile life, perhaps less than a decade? So what did he care?

It’s the main reason he didn’t want to push for Grand Shogun ideally he had more experience than Fuhen and proved he could inspire revolution, but he knew he wasn’t the future, Fuhen gave the people of the minor countries true chance of a future.

He gasped loudly as he fell into the cart, hiding out of sight and nodded at Ken “Yes, it takes a lot out of me to do that…” he admitted glumly, pulling out a flash from inside his haori “Nothing a drink won’t fix though.” As he took a large swig and handed out to anyone who wanted a sip.

He smiled as he leaned against the cart as Fuhen spoke, nodding in agreement “We’ll need to be careful though, the guards at the palace won’t be as easy to dispatch as those in the square and I’ll be honest lands, I’m knacked already. If I’m to fight the Shogun and take his seat of power I will have to reserve my energy and I’ll struggle to get up the stairs never mind fight off some armed guards!” he admitted.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Zao

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Zao » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:40 am

"Heh." The light semblance of brief laughter slipped through the curved smile on the sharp tooth filled mouth of the Serpent as he glanced back at the crowd before drawing his attention on the old man who had worked his way into the cart before plopping down heavily. "Must be terrible getting old." It was a half joking half serious statement towards his mentor as he reached up taking hold of one of the wooden uprights of the cart. With a swift movement the man's body twisted up and into the cart coming down upon the bench directly across from Ikuto just as the third of their trio entered the cart ordering the driver to advance towards their final destination. Though he appreciated the strange man's optimistic words his own thoughts were more aligned with the aged samurai who was taking a sip of from his personal flask at the moment.

"Perhapssss your friend needs a lift?" From within the baggy right sleeve that concealed all but the black fingers of Ken the snow white serpent with its beautiful created head slithered out slowly, speaking in her own tongue that sounded just like her hissing lightly towards the elderly man before turning to look at her master. "Perhaps.", Ken spoke back to the sepent in her own tongue before bringing his attention back to his own thoughts at hand. He knew that the personal guards stationed around the new palace area were undoubtedly stronger that this...or else it would be truly disappointing for the snake like man.

"Ikuto, these are your people so I must ask this in advance since you are most likely very correct about our next opponents." The man's dark hands became exposed as the sleeves slide down each arm as the hands reached up and removed his head to reveal the sharp slanted eyes of the snake sage's apostle, he spoke as his tone took on an darker feeling that could cause others to shudder in fear just from the aura that he admitted unconsciously a the moment.

"We did not try to harm the weaklings at the square, but I cannot promise to be so merciful to the others who are going to oppose us in the future." Ken was like a deep well that had been uncovered as he spoke of killing, to him it was an inevitable task that would soon be in front of the traveling team of samurai set on changing the world and ousting the shinobi from the lands of the minor countrymen. A slow exhale came from the man as the [Predatory Intent] that had been leaking from his very being calmed down and disappeared abruptly as he tried not to be drawn into the bloodlust that he felt attempting to rise from within him. The Serpent King's chakra was slowly changing the man as he struggled to hold onto his humanity to complete his own goals...
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Nick

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Nick » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:39 am

Fuhen's own wide grin faded off his face like leaves falling off of a tree, a somewhat rare omen. With just the three of them in the back of the covered wagon, he rubbed at his temples a bit and sighed. He needed to remind himself why he was doing this kind of thing in the first place. He didn't want this war, he didn't want to lead, he didn't want to kill strangers, especially those from the minor countries to whom he found himself so inexorably attached to. He didn't want any of this. The people needed it. He steeled himself, slapping his knees and letting out a "Aye!"

His look was one of fatigued seriousness as he spoke. "Ah'm sure Ikuto knows just as well as you or meself that this whole thing couldn't go mercifully." His tone left no room for error that he was speaking down on either of his companions, simply barking fact. "Everyone's planning their own revolution when they take over a country, and no revolution happens without bloodshed." He continued distantly, his accent nearly disappeared as he sounded as if he was quoting someone close to him. "If you're planning your own revolution, ye've gotta make sure the end result is worth the price."

He sat in silence for some time, after that.
It wasn't too long of a journey to reach their next destination, but certainly enough time for Ikuto to catch his breath and recover from his sudden exertion. The cart slowed to a halt, and a call came from the front. "Uh, boss?" The Frog nodded, traded looks with each of his companions, and stood to step out of the cart. "You know the deal, Ikuto. Walk right on up to the palace doors, nobody will get in your way. Ken?" The flap closed behind him.

Fuhen walked empty handed up past the front of the cart. He raised a hand up to the driver, who slapped it casually, tagging him in. Before him was a grand staircase leading up to the palace where the current shogun resided, and the frog let out a croaky laugh. Ikuto might be exhausted by the time he reached the front door. The other obstacle in the way, of course was a cadre of samurai, some with blades drawn, some in classic Tea Iai stances, ready to fight against the intruders on their home.

He crouched low, and a loud croak filled the area, the pure pressure of it causing the covered carts cloth to flap, and the clothing of their samurai opponents to to pull taught against their skin for a moment. He was the avatar of Takiyasha for a reason, the river king, and those who recognized the change would recognize the man himself almost instantly. He jumped headlong into the crowd of samurai, bowling over several in his path and tossing two out, clearing a path straight through the middle for the elderly member of their trio to walk through.
JutsuShow
River King Style • Nature of the Beast
B-rank Taijutsu Stance
Unleashing the dormant genes of a broad range of frog and toad species, Fuhen will crouch down on all fours, and let out a mighty croak. As he does so, his throat will bulge out like that of a frog or toad, and his skin will begin to take on a darker appearance, shifting from its usual pale state to that of a green. Dark freckles will also appear all over his body, generally giving him a much more frog like appearance. This stance alters some functions of Fuhen's body, offering the following effects: His tongue will be able to extend out to [Endurancex2] in meters, his saliva will be produced at a much more rapid rate allowing him to 'quickfire' his saliva, his ability to jump is doubled (stacking with natural Numakon jumping talents), and he gains the ability to function in the water just as well as he would on the ground. This stance is meant to maintained and stacked on top of other frog transformation stances. Maintaining this stance for more than 6 posts will start to tear Fuhen's body apart as he begins to lose control of the genetic manipulation, causing the equivalent of a moderate wound for every post after the sixth.
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

TheLacarix

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by TheLacarix » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:17 am

Ikuto’s eyes narrowed as the pair didn’t seem to agree with him about going through this mercifully, he sighed and shook his head “I don’t mean to say I’m apposed to killing, I think it will be a necessity on our journey of liberation, but these guards on the step are protecting their leader and they will protect me all the same once I take on the mantle they are not evil or unjust- so I do ask that you simply be careful.” He said with a nod as he took another swig from his flask and putting it within his haori “Plus, we can’t unite the world if everyone is dead. Grand Shogun of the grave does have a nice ring to it though Fuhen, perhaps a title that would suit you.” He said with gravelly chuckle.

He wouldn’t press the matter further though, they we’re a group of free men and he had no intention of making them follow his ideology plus he knew by the time he got to the top of the steps he’d likely have to be a hypocrite and take a life himself.

phpBB [video]

The cart came to a stop as Ikuto as dragged his old frame from the cart looking up at the palace.

“We meet again.” He whispered softly; his words taken by the wind drifting into the air picking up the ends of his haori. His fingertips grabbed gently the handle of his blade, withdrawing his katana at breakneck speed, it glinted as the sun kissed the steel. The old man had met his match many a time to such a formidable enemy, he wouldn’t be defeated this time there was to much at stake he would conquer it. He would defeat…

The stairs.

He sighed as his blade gently clanged on the first step, using it to holster himself up taking the first step of many.

As his comrades fought the enemies around him, he’d slowly plod up each stair one by one.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Zao

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Zao » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:34 pm

'Aye." The pale skinned, stick of a man nodded his head as he slipped out of the back of the wagon after offering the single word response to Fuhen's proud boast. Their were two gentle thuds could be heard as the bare dark-skinned feet touched down softly upon the hard stone platform that marked the bottom of the tall stairway. His hood still pulled over his tattooed face as he walked without another word behind the broad-shouldered frog in front of him, a promise was a promise. Back when he had first joined up with Ikuto they had discussed their dreams, they were so close to accomplishing the old man's personal dream and nothing would stop him from helping the old man he viewed with such respect from it.

[video][/video]

"Let's get started..." Ken lifted his clawed fingers to either side of the hood and pulled it off to reveal a set of piercing red eyes as he released his [Predator Intent] in all directions as the Frog-like man barreled his way through first set of samurai closest to the bottom of the stairs to the recently build Tea country's leader's residence or better put as a palace. A hiss slipped from the man's open mouth as a long tongue licked at his lips while those within forty meters would be able to hear the serpent hiss come from the frail looking fight covered in tattoos and piercings. In their eyes an illusionary serpent coiled up around the man and lifted its head into the sky as fear swept through the crowd of samurai before him.

He didn't have the same level of physical strength as Fuhen, this was a proven fact that he couldn't rebuke but that did not mean the snake man would allow a simple frog to out due him. Both of his hands came together as the chakra of the Serpent King flowed through his body causing a dark green glow to wrap around the right arm of Ken's arm. "Serpent King, allow me to borrow one of your subjects to deal with these foolish men." It was like he was reciting a chant or perhaps a pray, and then he extended the right-hand outward in front of him as a maroon chain shoot forth about five meters before a poof of chakra smoke covering revealing a near twenty-meter-long serpent with a giant mouth. Like a pet on a leash, he pushed forward leaping up and landing on the back of the scaley creature and it burst forward with great speed and strength barreling through the first row who guarded the ground before it head came up and down opening it mouth to swallow one samurai hole as though they were just a snake.

From atop the large serpent-like mouth he turned his gaze across the stairs towards Fuhen as the serpent flicked its long tail smashing a couple off the edge of the stairs and off into some nearby trees, the path behind them cleared for the moment of anyone who might impede the old fat man's progress. A fighting knife twirled on the index finger of each of the black clawed hands as he surveyed the scene. Still projecting his Alpha Predator will across the area around him as he let out another terrifying snake hiss at the samurai who readied their blades below the man and the giant serpent. "Shall we?"

JutsuShow

[Frightful Presence]
B-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite: [Predatory Intent]
The user lets out long, drawn out snake-like hiss that expands out into the area allowing those within forty meters of his position to hear it. This his infused with his predator will; any creature/individual that is within 40 meters of the user's position and can hear the user will be affected by this technique. Should their Willpower be lower than the user's, they will be filled with a sudden sensation of pure fear. Those affected will be unable to willingly move closer to the user seeing hallucinogenic vision of a giant, translucent serpent coiled the user staring down at them causing for their Willpower will be reduced by 3 per post as their body shakes in a natural response to fear they are experiencing. The reduction to their Willpower stacks per post, resulting in -9 by the third post, at which point the technique ends.

Kuchiyose • [Bring Forth the Serpents]
C-rank Tenkujutsu (Nin)
Pre-Requisite: Charge Fuuinjutsu Concentration
The base technique for summoning, this specialized version of the basic Spiritualism Technique allows users to bring forth up to three random snake spirits from the Serpent Realm through an agreement made between the user and King of the Serpents through a forbidden ritual. This works in conjunction with the user's Serpent Soul ability, allowing the random spirit(s) to exist as long as the Tenku chakra chain connecting them to the controller remains intact. This chain has [Control] strength.

The chakra used for this technique varies, as it is dependent on the size and/or rank of what is being summoned, the technique empowering the user's Soul of the Serpent allowing for him to summon an appropriate ranked 'random spirit' following the rules for realm summoning. Once it has been summoned, the initial cost of the summon is equivalent to its rank. It is paid upon being summoned and then at the end of those posts the spirit is pulled back to its original realm by the chakra chain that ties it to the user.
C-rank: 10 posts
B-rank: 9 Posts
A-rank: 7 Posts

Realm Summon • (Jun)
X-Rank Spirit
This spirit is an [Anaconda] species of snake from the [Serpent Realm], that has been summoned forth and randomly pulled from its realm to battle on behalf of [Ken]. It follows the following stat spread.

Endurance: 30
Strength: 45
Speed: 45

CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Nick

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Nick » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:24 am

"Shogun of the Grave..." Fuhen thought to himself as he grew in size substantially, taking on the aspect of Omoi and towering over the field of samurai like a monster. "The world already has one of those..." He grimly told himself, swiping one massive hand through the group, sustaining a few cuts on his palm and forearm as he did so, knocking several samurai over. He shrunk in size once more, taking on the aspect of Tamaishi, jumping freely into the sky as his Shogun ability healed his arm. "Where do I draw my line?"

He was fighting fiercely as ever, but it was clear he was distracted by his own thoughts. Would he have to become closer to what he hated to secure a brighter future? The frog crashed back down into the earth, several more sword blows landing on his armored form before he bounced back through the crowd, taking a single samurai with him, knocking the air out of their lungs and sending them flying away. Would that man survive the fall? Did he have a family to go back to? Maybe he had sisters and brothers just like Fuhen?

Fuhen hated this, he realized. He screamed in pain, but not from any physical wound, coming out as a might croak once more. His bounce had removed him from the crowd, and he channeled the aspect of Murasaki, sinking into the ground as if it were water to return to the fight. Once more in the middle of it all, he leaped from his underground position, changing his aspect to Dokusatsu, spit flying from his mouth like bullets as he spun freely. The frog spit splattered the samurai in the group, some knocked to the ground with the strength of the projectiles, others left a sopping mess. He formed a single handseal, and the saliva would harden, freezing several of them in the places as the poison from Dokusatsu took its time to take effect.

"Stay down, brothers!" He called as his form shifted back to his base River King form. "This fight isn't one where you'll honor your ancestors, choose to live for the future, rather than die for today!"
JutsuShow
River King Style • Omoi's Big Show
B-rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Channeling the genes of a goliath frog, Fuhen's body will almost double in size and mass, while he becomes a much more traditionally dark green color, though this does not effect his ability to wield weaponry. This provides no inherent stat increases, but the extra weight and size can easily be used to throw an enemy off balance, crush them under his weight, or at least be a tipping point in overpowering equally strong opponents. This cannot be used at the same time as other frog-transformation based maneuvers.

River King Style • Murasaki's Burrowing Discovery
B-rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Channeling the genes of a purple frog, Fuhen's face will round out into more of a snout shape, and his skin will turn dark purple in color. This maneuver allows him to copy the actions of the aforementioned frog, giving him the ability to tunnel under the earth freely at his normal speed with no obvious ground displacement. The snout helps to detect vibrations for the sake of moving towards specific areas, however there is no way to truly 'see' above ground with normal senses, and as such memory is the primary way of not getting lost. This cannot be used at the same time as other frog-transformation based maneuvers.

River King Style • Tamaishi's Wrecking Crew
B-rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Channeling the genes of a pebble toad, Fuhen's body will shift to a deep brown/grey color, and lumps will form all over his body as his skin thickens significantly. This offers two benefits, the first being that his skin becomes harder than stone, giving him armor all over equal in strength to his strength. The second is that his body becomes considerably more elastic, or bouncy, allowing him to roll around the ground like a rock down a mountain, or bounce freely from wall-to-wall with no injury or inconvenience to himself. This cannot be used at the same time as other frog-transformation based maneuvers.

River King Style • Dokusatsu's Last Call
B-rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Channeling the genes of a poison dart frog, Fuhen's skin will begin to warp in bright colors, everything from bright blues to radiant reds will swelter across his form. His sweat and saliva glands will begin to secrete a simple poison that will cause anyone else who makes contact with either substance to begin to swell severely at point of contact after a single post. After 2 posts, the affected person will begin to feel incredibly nauseous, likely leading to vomiting. After 4 posts, the affected person will begin to suffer from muscle paralysis in the affected area, deadening its usefulness. The poison will last up to 3 posts after the final effect has occurred. This cannot be used at the same time as similar frog-transformation based maneuvers.

Spot-on Spit
D-rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Thanks to his excessively dexterous and powerful tongue, Fuhen has learned to work his spit in his mouth, aim, and shoot it towards targets with great distance, speed, and precision. The speed and impact at which it flies with the aid of this technique is equal to his Strength stat.

Instant Harden
E-Ranked Ninjutsu
With a single handseal, Fuhen will instantly harden any of his saliva he chooses up to 20 + (Control/2) meters away.
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

TheLacarix

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by TheLacarix » Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:58 am

Slowly but surely, Ikuto trudged up the staircase. Surprisingly the mass of guards didn’t seem to pay him much notice, though it wasn’t much of a surprise. Who’d pay attention to an old harmless man walking up a flight of stairs when their enemies were a snake like monster and a giant frog.

Ikuto wondered why the two men even kept him around, even in his youth he wasn’t even half as powerful as his two comrades in his youth and he certainly wasn’t now. Though taking over tea he was integral, well at least to take it over as peacefully as possible. The people over his motherland would rather following someone from their own home and Ikuto has happy to take on the position of faux leader.

He continued up the stairs, taking his time making sure not to tire himself out. He was avoiding the battle for now, but once he arrived at the top he would be on his own, if the current Shogen wouldn’t step down peacefully Ikuto would have to challenge him to one on one combat.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Zao

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Zao » Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:07 am

The stairs were large, but the massive snake under the command of the White Snake's apostle took up a heafty chunk on the left side as the Frog man continud his bombardment against the waves of samurai who guarded their Lord with their lives, like any good samurai would. However, Ken was not on the same sheet of music as his comrade who while using a heavy hand still had kid gloves on at the moment not fighting with the full killing intent or purpose that the snake sage knew that Fuhen was capable of. Part of him felt the same way, the minor countryman that he was whom was driven from his homeland by the invading Konoha nin knew what it was like to have pride in your land and its people. It was the other part of him that stared down upon the samurai who continued to summon the strength to fight back against his massive companion, those crimson eyes of a predator that gazed upon a obstacle that could barely be seen as human for a moment.

Ken was truly losing touch with his old self as he allowed for his own desire for revenge to invite more and more of the White snake's chakra into his body and in turn more of the snake king's temperament and will into him as well. The man was truly becoming something other than human at times and it was slowly starting to show more and more, especially when bloodlust started to form in his thoughts. Each long kunai was allowed to rest on the index finger of either hand, pointed outwards from the palms that came together oncs more as the large snake summon was pushed to a standstill against a fresh wave of fighters who seemed to only grow stronger as they closed the gap between themselves and this false profit who needed to be removed for his old friend to take up the right spot of leading his people.

'Allow me to carry out your will, I must borrow more strength...!' A deep almost toxic green energy flowed through his other arm now as a crimson chain formed from the other snake like tribal tattoo, a large poof of chakra smoke accompanied now a second massive snake that was nearly identical to that of the first. Still on the back of the first the long crimson chains of chakra tethered each snake to him and temporarily into this world through his link with the White Snake king. Utilizing the borrowed power of the White Snake, the two massive spirit snakes moved in unison attacking and attempting to work off one another. One snake would attempt to fix the samurai in place as their swords slashed at its durable scales as the other flanked and used both its head, tail, and body to brute force their way up the stairs still a bit behind the pace of Fuhen. But the major difference was that Ken was slowly pulling less and less punches, even allowing his snake companions to devour individual samurai who were to slow to defend themselves from the massive jaws of either snake. "Sssurrender or die..."

The snake man's voice pushed out as he once more imposed his predatory will upon the samurai causing some to freeze up as the snake like hiss accompanied with his word sent shivers of fear up their spines and caused their hair to stand on end across their bodies. Meanwhile, the white snake companion of Ken just remained coiled up quietly inside the ragged robes of the man, biding her time until her master had need of her strength...
JutsuShow

A predator looking at their prey - Fear aura

Snake Realm Teather summoning
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Nick

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Nick » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:41 pm

The crowd was sufficiently terrified from the two monstrous samurai showcasing their ugliest faces. Several samurai stood tall and proud, though, and Fuhen sighed, steam shooting from his nostrils as he shrunk down in size, leaving his River King form. Left before them was just a man dressed in his traditional samurai garb. They'd maintained their footing in the face of danger, they deserved to face a man, not a monster.

He summoned his basket of swords which thunked down dramatically in the dirt at his side. He stood silently, adjusting himself into a faux iai stance, putting a hand on a single blade and facing the men before him. He had to end this now, not as Fuhen, or the River King, but as the Shogun. The brave few samurai remaining slowly shuffled forwards, and the Shogun's hand twitched.

In a flash, his sword was sliced out an inch from one samurai's face, and his basket was empty. One by one the samurai on Fuhen's side of the field dropped, all having been struck harshly in the temple by the hilts of his many swords. He swiped dramatically at the one standing before him, cutting off his top knot, before sheathing. His job was done.

He looked up at the steps to watch Ikuto, giving a warrior's salute. The rest was up to him. And Ken.
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

TheLacarix

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by TheLacarix » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:53 pm

Ikuto continued up the stair way, his paced had slowed down knowing that he’d need to preserve his energy for the fight that was ahead of him. Dragging himself up the last couple of stairs he moved into the palace of tea. A simple feudal type home, white walls tiered with a brown pointed roof. His fingers slid across the sliding door, opening it up and stepping through.

He’d leave the door open and hoped his allies would soon arrive.

Two well armoured samurai came running over towards him, their hands on their hilts Ikuto’s postured stiffened up his chest stook out firmly. He looked at least… two years younger.

“I’d stop if I were you.” He said firmly, his hand edging towards his Katana “I’m about to usurp the Shogun here and I’d think you’d rather be on my side now.” They paused for a moment, seeming hesitant his words almost rung out true, they could see the battle was turning against them.

“What are you doing?” screamed the current shogun of tea, he was a man in his late 40’s he had dark skin, sharp features and his hair was tied up tightly in a knot. The two Samurai looked between Ikuto and the Shogun like they we’re watching an intense game of table tennis, daring to not get involved.

“I’ve come to restore honour to tea, Khouton! You led our beloved country a stray and lost our home. You are not fit for that throne you seat or the title you hold. I plead with you, step down now before this get’s any worse.”

Khouton chuckled loudly “You are a Ronin, you can’t speak to a Samurai like that! You have no idea what I’ve done for tea.”

“I understand, but you’ve gone to far. Please step down.” Said Ikuto.

Khouton stood up from his throne, his hand placed on his Katana ready to attack Ikuto.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Zao

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Zao » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:16 pm

The man ducked behind the large scales of the serpent summon, arrows launched from the bows of samurai archers grazing his messy raven locks as others skipped off the scales of the serpent he was riding upon as the pair of snakes used sheer brute force against the samurai and their tough scales to attack and defend at the same time. A coordinated attack of four samurai finally halted the two serpents, as their combination attacks wounded the first snake forcing it to disperse and return back to the serpent realm to recover leaving Ken falling from its back as the group attempted to take advantage of the situation. Their blades rushed forward in a series of powerful thrust that stabbed straight through the falling apostle with such force that they stopped his body from moving or at least that was how it appeared from below.

The life left the eyes of the man as the eyes turned black and a moment later the skin began to shrivel up and break apart into small pieces as from the side a series of eight serpents about as thick as a normal man's arm ambushed them. Tracing their eyes down the snakes that constricted upon their body and bite them one could find their beginnings. From within the long right arm sleeve of the ragged article of upper body clothing the snakes seemed to emerge from the man's arm as he had used his unique white snake sage chakra to transform his arm into a series of serpents that combined with the elastic ability of his own body allowed for him to ensnare the men momentarily. Though their strength along wasn't enough to hold the men who broke free with a bit of struggling and the snakes rapidly retracted back into the oversized sleeve as the snakes transformed back into the man's normal black skin arm.

He had 'shed' his skin to avoid the attack then used his snake arms to poison the samurai who felt their bodies becoming stiff as Ken dismissed the other snake, feeling the drain in his chakra from summoning two serpents at the same time and maintaining them. With the poison of the serpent king flowing through their bodies each collapsed at the man's feet as he exhaled slowly and began to walk up the stairs to find that the old man had already passed him and Fuhen, entering into the front door of the Shogun's palace alone. It caused for Ken to smirk as he glanced over to the right side of the stairs to see his comrade finishing off the last wave of samurai in his ever-dramatic fashion. Shaking his head, the man reached back and pulled the hood back over his tattooed face leaving only a set of dim red eyes peering out from underneath the hood.

"Shall we watch?" He posed the short question to the Frog man before placing his hands into the pockets of the holey cloth pants as the barefoot man slowly walked forward to observe the brief encounter between the two personal guards of the Tea country leader and Ikuto. A gentle whisper filled their ears as he spoke using his Predatory will against their own minds, though it wasn't fear he attempted to instill but a feeling of trust in him and the old man who came to rescue his country from ruin. Something he hoped to be able to do one day in the future. "Let them settle this like samurai..."
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Nick

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Nick » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:07 am

The Frog adjusted himself, his weapons disappearing in their flashy fashion as he adjusted himself, clearing wrinkles from his outfit. He'd only gotten it recently, and his sisters would kill him if it came back looking terrible. He walked back towards the stairs at the same time as the snake sage, holding out a single fist for respect for his fellow samurai. "Aye, I suppose watching the world stage change one more time up close and personal ain't so bad." He crossed his arms and walked up the stairs confidently, not too far behind Ikuto, matching steps with Ken.

The rest was on Ikuto, now. He may not have been the strongest warrior, but his people were on the line, Fuhen would dishonor him to fight this battle for him. "Go, Ikuto!" He cheered, as the old man stepped to first confront the despot before him.
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

TheLacarix

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by TheLacarix » Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:24 am

phpBB [video]
Ikuto’s eyes shifted to his allies, it was clear they had no intention of getting involved in the bout and so it should be. The older man wasn’t sure if he could beat the current Shogun in one-on-one combat, he was many years younger than Ikuto and was likely a more talented samurai. He pondered if his allies would honour the ruling of the bout if Iktuo was to lose, would they just leave New Tea to its own devices? He doubted it.

“Khuton, are you sure you want to do this?” Ikuto said with a pleading tone, almost begging the Shogun to step down knowing it was the best option for everyone. Khuton cocked back and laughed loudly in response, as he charged forward withdrawing his blade.

Ikuto drew his own, meeting each other in the middle of the room with a flash of sparks and a loud metallic clang. Khuton kicked through the guard, striking Ikuto in the stomach knocking him backwards on to the floor and wasted no time pouncing on Ikuto, stabbing his blade through his shoulder blade. The old man screamed out in agony, but quickly thrust his own foot up knocking Khuton away, giving himself just enough time to drag himself upwards, a red patch of blood soaked through his haori.

He looked again to his allies and sighed softly; the old man had already got to a bad start.

The injury would slow him down even more, but he could still use the arm and it wasn’t anywhere vital. He’d recover, least if he managed to survive this altercation.

It was clear Khuton was the aggressor of the pair and setting the pace, as he moved forward again striking to the left, Ikuto parried stepping to the left however Khuton flung out his elbow striking the old man in the face, with a loud crunch making Ikuto step backwards. He ignored the broken nose and brought his blade up again meeting the Shogun’s next strike, parrying it once again and moving to the left. Khuton brought his elbow up again, foolishly. The old man wouldn’t make the same mistake twice as he lowered himself down under the elbow, slashing his katana along Khuton’s ankle cutting the tendent, quickly turning and drawing his tanto Ikuto stabbed it in between the mans ribs and twisting it to break them apart.

Khuton winced in pain, he was far too strong and shoulder barged Ikuto pushing him away. The old man smirked, glad he’d finally got the better of his opponent and manged to slow him down. Ikuto came forward with large heavy overheard swings, Khuton’s blade met each strike defensively but it was clear he was starting to lose his balance struggling to walk on the injured leg, Ikuto’s strikes seeming to be getting stronger an stronger with each clash of blades.

The Shogun was getting unhinged and desperate, as he flung out a small brown bag towards Ikuto’s face which opened up covering his face and eyes with a black liquid. Blinding him. Ikuto frantically pulled backwards wiping at his eyes with desperation. He squinted through barely able to see a thing.

The pair we’re both clearly injured and gasping for air, now either side of the room it was time for this to end.

“We seem to be an at impasse.” Said Ikuto, he couldn’t see and Khuton couldn’t walk “Let’s settle this the old way.” The pair both nodded, understanding what they we’re to do. Iaido was the prominent style in the land of tea, a style they had developed over centuries. It would now be decided by the speed of their draws.

Both stiffening up, the walked closer to one another Khuton limping and Ikuto peering though the darkness as they both holstered their blades.

“I’m sorry it has come to this Khuton, you will die with honour. I will at least give you that.” Within an instant both drew their blades and move as a blur, both of their movements would be invisible to the naked eye. Both had move to the other side of one another, almost as though they had teleported. Stood perfectly stationary.

A clinking noise could be heard as Khuton’s blade broke it half landing on the ground, soon followed by the man himself. Blood trickling on the ground below.

It was done.

Ikuto had won. One of the guards, knew his knew role came running towards Ikuto offering him water to wash his face and guided him towards the throne. The old man dragged himself on to the chair, placing his sword on the ground and leaning his arm against it.

New Tea was his, but not his alone.

The two guards bowed down to him and immediately got to work clearing Khuton’s body away and headed out to get a nurse to attend to Ikuto's wounds. Leaving the three allies alone.
CharactersShow

Aizawa, Yoru
S-Rank - Bannin
Konohagakure - ANBU

Shiazu, Ico
D-Rank - Genin
Kirigakure

Aono, Ikuto
A-Rank - Shogun
Land of Tea

Hondo (Aizawa), Haru
C-Rank
Land of Tea

Zao

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Zao » Sun Feb 06, 2022 1:59 pm

Finally, it was time for the last bell to chime on the reign of the corrupt Shogun of Tea, at least that was the hope of the snake-like man who gave a nod to his frog-like companion of a man who was only a step behind him as the two would silently watch the last exchange of words. It was obvious that such a man as Khuton would never voluntarily release his seat upon the throne of Tea, all three of the rag tag team knew this upon coming to the palace but the old man still pleaded with the man to do so. Ken felt a strange warm in his hear when he looked at the old man, to have such love and compassion for his homeland to the point he'd even allow the man who brought it to ruin to live if he stepped away...it was truly something. Something that Ken himself could have never allowed to happen personally with all the darkness that consumed his heart between the events of his homeland being forcibly taken over and the corruption that the White Snake's chakra placed upon his heart.

Ken had truly thrown away everything in order to seize the power to take his own revenge upon the wicked shinobi, yet it was this old man who he had grown to look up to like a grandfather during their time together during the Great War that had placed a different set of thoughts into his head. Would they change his mind or his heart? He didn't know but for now the serpent eyes of the Apostle glared like two sharp daggers as the current Shogun laughed at his mentor's words of a peaceful ending. It caused the corner of his mouth to twinge slightly with anger as a beautiful white scaled snake slithered from inside the haori he wore, twisting herself up and around the back of the man's neck until her snout came to rest upon the man's right shoulder as if she too was interesting in watching the coming battle.

"Will the old man win?" The frog man beside him would simply hear a short series of hisses that came from little snake, but her master clearly understood her words and spoke back in the same snake tongue so that the others couldn't hear his words. "Ikuto-sama is much stronger than his old body and his experience is far beyond most samurai. If he can end this quickly..." It was true that the old man was dragon hiding in the form of an old man but fighting alongside him for the last few years he knew that his mentor's endurance was fading rapidly with his increasing age. If the fight was drawn out to long, then he could already guess the outcome. Inside the pockets of the ragged looking cloth pants the black skinned hands had already curled into fists as the first series of exchange happened in the blink of an eye and it put Ikuto in a bad position already.

"Come on old man..." Though he didn't speak it more than a mumble to himself, it was obvious the worry on the tattooed fighter's face as he watched the first and second clashes and the old man coming out on the bottom of both. He wanted to help, he truly did but he knew that this strange samurai honor would prohibit him from doing so. Ken didn't understand it as his own personality aligned more so with his scaled companion who watched the fight as well, only the strong should rule. He had promised to not interfere but if Ikuto was killed he could not honor the request of the old man not to kill the current Shogun. As rapidly as the bout had begun it came to its climax as both injured men faced off, sheathing their weapons as each prepared to unleash a final attack. In a flash the bout was decided and Ikuto managed to survive for another day causing Ken to finally let out a sigh of relief.

"So, you managed to survive, old man." The pale skinned man smiled as he jested towards the injured man...the crown of power had been transferred through the honor of the blade to his old companion and it stirred the heart of the cruel serpent as he simply shook his head walking over to place his black scaled hand upon the non-injured shoulder as the nurses quickly entered to attend to the old man's wounds. "Rest my old friend, we'll take care of the rest for today." With that set of simple words, he turned and pulled his hood back up over his pale skinned face to hide his serpentine eyes and talked quietly from the room with his bare feet making no sound as they stepped across the stone tile floor. 'Today is the start of a new era...'
CharactersShow
Active

Old CharactersShow
Inactive/Dead

Nick

Just a Sip of Tea

Post by Nick » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:08 pm

The Frog let out a throaty victory cry that sounded like a croaking battlecall. He had no doubt of Ikuto's victory, the man was fighting for more than himself, and frankly, even if he failed in this herculean fight of his, his victory was assured elsewhere. The people would rebel of their own volition with or without a new leader. Ikuto living would certainly make things a lot smoother, and the man certainly didn't want his elderly friend to pass before his time, but the honor of the duel demanded he not step in even if things were looking dicey.

Staying out of the way of the old man as he took his spot on the throne, and made sure to make way for the nurse come to tend to the old man's wounds. He worried briefly that the old man might not recover from his wounds. This was not a ninja village, there were not readily available iijutsu specialists who could fix even the most severe of wounds, just men with bandages, needles, and poultices. He steeled himself. The old man would make it, he was stronger than he let on, and wouldn't have Fuhen fussing over his health.

"We've changed part o' the world today, lads." He said to his allies. "But there's league's o' work to be done still, nae jus' here, but all over. Many people need it." He nodded to Ken as the man made to leave. "Aye, no rest for the wicked." He acknowledged, looking over his shoulder at Ikuto and giving him a thumbs up. "A pair o' Shogun like us are as wicked as it gets, too." And with that, he walked out just behind Ken.
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Return to “Tea Country”