[Closed] Once More the Gears Turn [GRADED]

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

[Closed] Once More the Gears Turn [GRADED]

Post by Niro » Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:58 pm

The reemergence and revitalization of the Tsuchikage had been like a shot of adrenaline for Iwagakure no Sato. Akari, Tatsuo had reemerged like a raging storm from wherever he had been; orders had come down from on high about squads being formed and sent into the newly divided minor countries. The lands had been torn apart and stitched back together, the old political landscape was nothing more than tatters in the wind now and information was needed to decide how to move forward.

Each squad was designated an area to push through and scout before coming home for subsequent orders. Fukusha, Kinomichi was just a mere genin but his superiors had been keeping an eye on his strength which was far beyond the average genin. Due to it, he had been placed in a temporary squad with captain Tate, Iwamaru, a shinobi close to the Tsuchikage, and Muramasa, Maido, a shinobi from their distant ally of Kirigakure and close to one of the villages bannin. Their mission was to press through the country now known as the Spirit's Nest and into the lands beyond, known as Owl Country. Once there, they'd be tasked with scouting the countries overall state and then return back to the village. Last they knew, the land was under the control of a grand spirit which took the form of an owl and commanded multitudes of avian species to enforce their rule.

The trio had already came together to form their team in Iwagakure before setting out across Earth Country to the village constructed near the border of the two nations. The village, dubbed Spirit's Watch, had exploded in size and population the last few years as refugees from all over the continent passed through. Some found it desirable enough to stay and join the community, while others continued on and through. Those who had stayed were quick to join in and prove their worth to the hardy people of Earth Country. Now, the village was large and strong enough to be considered a major town within Earth Country, a fitting place for them to double check their necessities before continuing on through Spirit's Nest.

The day was just starting as the sun was still yet to fully rise as the trio made their way through the main marketplace of Spirit's Watch. Michi's eyes darted back and forth across the stalls as they walked, his brow furrowing as he tried to think if they were missing anything.

"Is there anything we need before crossing into Spirit's Nest, taichou? Maido-san?"
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Sia
User flair: Hwut?

[Closed] Once More the Gears Turn

Post by Sia » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:17 pm

So into the Spirit's Nest it was then. The three Muramasa made their way through the underground of Iwagakure with no trouble. By now it had become a second home to them and through many long hours of study, they knew it well. Traversing the sidestreets separately from Maido, Hisayo and Kayoko were up to no good. Black boots clacked the ground softly, barely making a whisper lest the two of them kicked a rock. Maido pondered for a moment about Owl Country. When was the last time she had been there? When she'd been entertaining that feathery wench? She composed herself and began to float, no longer touching the ground beneath her, instead skating through the street as her scarf webbed out and transitioned into a cloak. Blood red, it was her signature calling card.

Today, the three of them were going to set out on a new journey with a new lot. Maido had particularly grown fond of the last mission partner, a most wonderful Akari and as she thought upon it she seemed to recall this one not being too shabby at arm wrestling. As the three of them drew near, they all gazed upon Kimomichi in their own individual ways. Maido looked at his scales, then at his bright, brilliant eyes and scanned him down from head to toe to give a rather sly smile. "You look delicious, goat boy," She said with a wink while turning her attention towards the other and admiring him as well. "Earth Country guys are definitely better." Kayoko muttered to Hisayo. "I'm so tired of shark teeth." Maido gave her a quizzical look before looking back at Maru and listening.

In response to the question, Maido had little to say more than, "Just some food and drink for the human." She gestured towards Hisayo and Kayoko began to transform. Her body melting into rocks and reforging itself over into a rather long sword, which fell into Hisayo's hand. Kayoko muttered a few more words from her sword from "I'm going to nap for a bit, wake me when we're stopping." Hisayo looked at the Fukusha and Maru before speaking as well. "How do you feel about having someone inside of you?"
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:25 pm

If Maido and company thought this would the firm but optimistic child that she had once seen in Star Country, she would be sorely mistaken. And as far as Michi was concerned, any stories about Maru's chilly disposition he might have heard from the various shinobi that survived the last Great War would find those tales woefully understated.

Tatsuo knew that something had changed in the boy, something clearly for the worse. Whether it was because he found it easier to give orders to one who didn't question them or whether it simply was because he didn't have the heart to intrude on the young man's mind was a mystery to all but Tatsuo himself. Gone were the thoughtful and inquisitive questions that came during mission briefings. Gone was the burning curiosity of the unfamiliar and strange. Gone was his warmth and compassion. In its place stood a man with ice running through his veins instead of blood, eyes as dulled and sullen as coal, as he reviewed the mission dossier to the point of memorization. It was clear that whatever stories this young man held, they would not be surrendered easily, and his withering gaze likely discouraged any further venture into such personal matters.

Before, the advances of Maido's charges would have likely made him flustered, completely inexperienced with women as he was. Now, he simply held his tongue and his stone-faced expression at the nuisance, unmoved by anything that didn't directly involve the mission. Thankfully, the subordinated genin, Kinomichi, seemed green enough to be eagerly focused on the mission, at least at the present moment. "Flashbangs, signal flares, smoke bombs, wire, and masks and rebreathers if they were allotted to us," Maru replied flatly, looking at him from the corner of his eye. "Check your armaments to make sure they're ready, and then check them again. The last thing we need where we're going is less than one-hundred percent certainty about what we have at our disposal. I'm certain it's been made clear that being liquified by spirit-mutated creatures is a very real cause of death we've reported for teams sent to this place."

Maido's question should have probably come as more concerning than it did. Maru had been briefed on Maido's supreme level of power and what those powers entailed. "If it's necessary to complete the mission, then I don't care. I've dealt with it once, I can deal with it again," Maru answered, his flat tone not properly conveying his familiarity with such a condition. Maru's attempts to form a diplomatic alliance with the leadership of Grass Country had involved a similar technique, where his partner had implanted a strange subcutaneous liquid through which he use his abilities in Maru. There was mild discomfort but little more aside from that. Even if Maido's technique was more taxing, if Tatsuo had thought it necessary to assign her to this mission, then that's all there was to it. No point in questioning something he couldn't change.

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:42 pm

"It was a kirin that asshole summoned and fused me with, not a goat." Michi muttered to himself, hanging his head dejectedly for a moment in jest as the foreign bannin toyed with him. Once the minor ribbing done, he once again held his head high as they continued. The comment about 'human' needing some food or drink threw him off for a moment before one of the twins began to transform. The look on his face was one of confusion as the girl reformed into a long sword in the others hand. A more recent addition to the ninja world, Kinomichi was one still unexperienced in the likes of elemental bodies.

If the previous comment threw him on his ass, the next question of someone inside of him threw him off a cliff. The look of utter confusion and disbelief that marred his face held as his eyes bounced around in his head as he tried to make logical sense of what he just heard. The next reply of the captain allowing it AGAIN was enough to seemingly wind the genin, if only for a moment. While the two higher ranked shinobi hashed out the body sharing arrangements, Michi did as told by Iwamaru and went through his supply pack and weapon holsters. Each were checked and then rechecked as he went over a mental inventory of his normal supplies and then additional supplies he had picked up before leaving for the mission.

"I'm all set on my end. Seeing as you two have done it previously, please do not let me be an obstacle to another."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Sia

Post by Sia » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:59 pm

A kirin, he said. Maido's eyes began to change color to that of maroon and she gazed upon the boy with piercing, chakra-covered eyes. "Interesting," was all Maido had to say on the subject of the spirit living inside of him before adding, "Does it talk to you?" to Michi. Having no need for a rebreather typically, she thought for a moment that it may indeed be a useful thing for the human under her wing. Still, she was ready to be above ground and so a mission out of Iwagakure seemed just what she needed. She knew Hisayo and Kayoko would likely want fresh air as well.

Maido took a long breath and reached out with her own hands to grab onto one of Michi's and one of Maru's, a red mist beginning to escape from her red lips, moving its way quickly towards the both of them, traveling towards their mouth and nostrils. This mist in particular was especially concocted with a potent dose of chiton that would stimulate the body like a drug, allowing for an exceptionally notable increase in reaction time to those that breathed it in. Frankly, they would be faster than their usual limitations. Stronger too.

The mist spread and Hisayo breathed in in as well. Feeling Maido's foreign chakra within her own body and becoming blissful with energy. Truly, receiving a boon from Maido was very much like a drug, unlike when she made the mist I to acid. Maido spoke, maroon-colored chakra still imbuing her eyes as she glanced from Michi to Maru. "Let's get above ground quickly, there are some stupid things I need to try while we travel." Hisayo clicked her tongue and poked at Maru with Hisayo, the sword. "You're....broody." She paused and poked him again. "Got a spare rebreather? Maido likes evil mists."
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:42 pm

The smell of blood was a grimly familiar scent to Maru, and he inhaled the dubious crimson mist without hesitation. Nerves and synapses fired as the stimulants and endorphins laced within Maido’s jutsu hit Maru’s system, and while his countenance didn’t change, his intensity certainly did. He could feel the chakra flow increasing through his muscles. Though he hoped he wouldn’t need to use this anabolic steroid of hers, the fact she was here almost assured that he would.

Maru led the way, most familiar with the passageways and terrain that would take them closer to their destination. Aside from the conversation at the start, Maru was more silent than the rock around him. He wouldn’t speak unless addressed directly. The genin wasn’t one for words apparently, an admirable trait in Maru’s eyes right now. Maido’s cohort, however, seemed to have more to say. Thankfully, it was little more outside of a request for a rebreather. He’d been given several by the armory, so he pulled one from his pack and tossed it to her. ”I know,” he remarked plainly, not wanting to entertain the conversation more than necessary.

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:39 pm

"No. It's dead. He murdered the spirit and grafted me with its DNA without anesthetic. Weird eyes and scales are the basics I got out of it unlike those Jinchuuriki who have to deal some asshole in their head." Michi explained to the foreign bannin, noting her eyes glow with the color of Shizumeru after he had mentioned the spirit. She'd fine nothing inhabiting him but if she used her normal sensory abilities she'd find a passive aura of Katon chakra emanating from the young man. Her hand touched his own and Michi inhaled the red mist before he even realized it.

The chakra coursed through him like electricity as it energized him. He could feel the tingle all along his body, as if he were ready to go at just a thought. The mention of evil mists was enough warning for Michi to pull the issued item from his pack and place it around his neck for a readiness at a moment's notice. The concrete path through the open markets of Spirit's Watch led them to the southern gates. These gates were the most reinforced position in the entire town; on the other side of them lay the land of Spirit's Nest. The land itself was desolate and inhabited by a myriad of spirits and other chakra mutated creatures in the wake of the Great War. Too inhospitable to live in, war refugees had fled north towards Earth Country.

On of the other side of the ravaged land lie their actual target, the land of Owls. They just had to get through whatever Spirit's Nest tossed at them first.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Sia

Post by Sia » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:05 pm

It didn't take very long for Maido's expression to change to something more akin to concern. Or perhaps it was annoyance? It was truly hard to say, even for Hisayo and Kayoko. An eyebrow raised, she listened to Kinomichi ramble about Jinchuuriki. "Well...I wouldn't call them assholes if I were you. Where we're going we're likely to run into a few spirits anyway....goat-chan," She added with a smile. They were out of Iwagakure now, and it hadn't taken them terribly long to traverse the mountainside towards the Spirit's Nest, but now that they were there, traversing through the trees and fungus, Maido let out a sigh of relief.

Maido began to float, skating along the ground next to Kinomichi and Iwamaru. Hisayo opened her senses as Maido began to perform hand seals. Ending with a palm faced towards Hisayo. The red mist inside Hisayo reacted and she sprouted a pair of wings. She began using them to clear out a bit of a walk way for them, for now the trees were growing in abundance. Their roots, twisted and glaring along the ground, were incredibly large and cumbersome to traverse. One would hope they didn't disturb any nearby spirits with this display of forestry. After all, the very air was saturated with various chakras. Maido extended her range, and quickly realized that they were not alone.

"You three scout ahead, I'll be with you but I'm walking."
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:11 pm

Maru didn't catch the look Maido sent his way, his mind laser-focused on the mission at hand. Given that he was still at the forefront of their marching formation, his ability to perceive upcoming threats and both communicate them to his team and respond to them himself would have an impact on how the early stages of this mission went. This wasn't a position he took lightly. Though much about his personality had changed for the worse, especially following the trauma of living during, participating in, and surviving times of war, one key component of Maru that had managed to remain intact was his impeccable work ethic. If he did his job, even if he died, he would still save his squadmates and, with any luck, they would finish the mission in his place. He didn't plan on letting it come to that, but one had to pray for the best yet be prepared for the worst.

Perhaps if his father had followed that principle, he'd still be alive.

Maru exhaled sharply, snorting the breath out of his nose almost like an animal. No. Those thoughts were distracting and had no place here. His focus had to be on the here and now. Responding to Maido's instructions with a nod, Maru communicated to Michi to take to the canopy with a pair of hand signals while Maru continued close to the ground. His specialization in Doton and Kouton most benefited him while he was close to the ground; it made little sense for him to be the eyes from above, at least for now. Maru served better as the distraction, the bait. Taking to the top of the roots, Maru surveyed his surroundings. Though he doubted that there would be many visible signs of the presence of malicious spirits, there was no harm in keeping on the lookout for those fleeting exceptions to that rule.

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:49 pm

The world transformed from pine trees and snow to twisted, black branches nearly instantly as they crossed the border into the Spirit's Nest. Based on what preliminary information they'd been given, there were small pockets of inhabitants here and there but no one to really lead the country. The majority of it was taken over by the forest which seemed to feed off of the ambient chakra of spirits. Most forests wouldn't grow this way; trees thick and twisted with discoloration abundant.

Michi was getting the creeps as the entered the forest. It was almost like he felt the ambient chakra of spirits and the land being given off by the trees as they passed. Each cluster of trees or branches was a new place for something to hide or ambush them. His ears and eyes strained as he tried his best to take in what clues he could. It felt to him like something or someone was actively corrupting the forest, especially when compared to the forest of Owl Country to the south and Earth Country'ss forest to the north. Michi had a hunch that if he just started burning away, the trees would grow back just as fast. Whatever was going on here, it would be prudent to solve the source of the corruption before Earth Country began trying to annex the land.

Michi reluctantly jumped into the dense canopy. Tree branches and sticks stabbed into him as he leapt into it, proving just how thick it was up here. With a growl Michi had to clear away plenty of brush before he could even advance forward. He was really questioning the validity of splitting up in such a place before he caught a glimpse of something else in the canopy. A single brown eye was staring at him from a thick trunk; the moment the two made eye contact again, the figure took off into the dense canopy with a loud shake of the branches.

"Got something!" Michi called out to those down below as he made his way after the figure by cutting his way through the branches with one of his kunai.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Sia

Post by Sia » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:14 pm

In a flourish, many things happened at once. As Michi and Maru turned their focus towards the sudden disturbance, it moved. Maido did too, quickly. She had already honed in on its location, as well as its companions. Whoever it was, their were many of them. About a dozen, they were outnumbered by quite a bit and yet, the enemy was spread out here and there. Some were up within the dead, looming trees. Others perched behind fungi and others hung from the moss. A few slid underground and yet one was in the water. What were they though? Maido couldn't see it clearly yet, but it came to her and she chuckled. She remembered reading about the owls while she went over the bingo book.

So they were getting close then, it would seem. Hisayo jumped forwards but did not disturb Kayoko, merely gazing at the commotion of Michi and something.. Truly, she needed a better vantage point. She gave the signal and suddenly a tendril shot out from Maido's asshole, grabbing Kayoko by her ankle and slinging her hastily in Michi's direction, faster than he was capable of watching. She soared past him and crashed though several trees, causing leaves, moss, fungus, and incredibly large and angry owls to go everywhere.

Maido continued to scan, walking to a better vantage point of her own but continuing to reach out with her Mind's Eye and gather information on the chakra in the area. Each of them was roughly two meters tall and their colors varied greatly. Between the lot of them it became apparent to Maido that they had access to each of the five basic elements as well as some mutations of them as well. She chose however not to share this information and instead jumped up into the trees, which had now thickened and grown so expansive as to completely darken the sky for many layers. She cast a light for just a brief moment before suddenly summoning a needle to her mouth.

About then, a large brown Owl spirit appeared quite quickly at Michi's side, swiping at him with a sword in the shape of a rather large feather. Hisayo looked upon it and awoke Kayoko. "I want that sword." She said. The other owls remained far and scattered, but a flurry of thorns began to rise from the ground in a wave towards everyone from a point behind Maru.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:38 pm

Though their vision was darkened, Maru could hear the thorns thrashing and tilling the earth behind him. Weaving a quick sense of seals, he momentarily torqued the muscles in his legs and pushed off of the pedestal as it rose up under his feet, launching Maru high into the air toward the owl that was attacking Michi. Given the creature was focusing on a single opponent and Maru's approach through the air was muffled by the explosion of sound and commotion of the crashing trees, Maru was banking on the opponent being unable to perceive his approach in time. It was during this time that he spotted at least several of the same individuals that Maido and Michi had already seen, likely part of the source of this commotion. Good, their current objective was in sight. Eliminating hostiles would come first, then diplomacy.

Should all go well, he would deal a powerful roundhouse kick to the owl with the feather sword attacking his genin ward, his superlative strength rocketing the possibly deceased foe firmly into the trunk of a nearby tree. Though the attack was normally meant to be executed on the ground, the momentum of launching himself into the air and the centrifugal force of him twisting his body would be enough to compensate for the difference. He would only pause for a split second, vaulting off of the same limb that Michi was perched on in the direction of the fleeing individuals, his hands pulling the two medium-sized kunai from his belt as he proceeded forward, keeping watch for approaching enemies. If these owls were anything like natural owls, their approach would be difficult to hear, as their natural counterparts could fly almost silently due to the structure of their feathers and plumage. These were not opponents to be underestimated, and Maru was fully prepared to face even the owl that he had struck earlier. Perhaps the effect of the spirits that resided in this place had compensated for the normally fragile bones of most bird species.
JutsuShow
Doton • Gaia Boost
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the necessary hand seals, a small 1-foot wide, 2-foot long pedestal will shoot from the ground anywhere within 10 meters of Iwamaru's position with a Speed and Strength equal to his Control. If Iwamaru uses this technique to jump, it will increase his Strength for the purposes of determining the height/distance his jump covers by an amount equal to his Control.

Ishi-Kyojin Ryuu • Sweeping Landslide
D-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite(s): Ishi-Kyojin Ryuu • Titan's Body - Legs and Feet.
Quickly twisting his hip and firmly planting his back leg on the ground as he attacks, Iwamaru strikes the opponent's lower legs or feet with a kick using his shin. Aside from causing swelling on the targeted area, if Iwamaru's Strength is higher than the opponent's average of their Strength and Endurance, rounded up, this technique can cause the opponent to be swept off of their feet, making them fall to the ground on their back, potentially leaving them prone and open to additional attacks.

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:58 pm

In an instant, the entire forest seemed to come alive with fervor. Something, or someone, flew past him from behind and crashed through the trees in front of him. While the figure he was chasing was nowhere to be seen in the cleared path, Michi didn't hesitate to follow through the cleared brush. Well, tried to. The first step he took was interrupted by the arrival of a gigantic owl to his right. An owl spirit? Here? They weren't even close to Owl Country proper yet. Michi ducked under the swipe and came back up with a hand on his gunbai and only to see the owl kicked out of the sky and into, then through, a tree trunk. The wet snap of bones was enough for the Fukusha to realize the spirit had definitely broken something.

His gunbai in hand, there was two different objectives to chase here. Either eliminate the owl or chase the mystery person. Given the obvious strength gap between himself and the others, Michi decided to book it after the individual who had taken off into the canopy before the owls had attacked. Throwing caution to the wind due to his trust in his superior officers if another set of the birds of prey came after him. Using his gunbai, Michi put some actual force behind his swing as he chased after the direction the figure had taken off in in an attempt to continue clearing away the brush. Behind him, he could hear the breaking of tree branches as owls began to come after him.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Sia

Post by Sia » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:04 pm

It was growing quite chaotic with each passing second, but Maido opened up her sensory jutsu further and began to track each individual specifically as she hid in the underbrush. Maru sent a powerful kick towards an Owl that was absolutely creamed, sent flying and crashing backwards through several trees before beginning a long deadfall. Another owl suddenly appeared underneath them in midair and then in a woosh the two of them were gone. Another with a blade came soaring at the mystery person then, whom screamed and jumped back in Michi's direction, all but crying. Running past Michi but thus towards another owl, Michi and the mystery figure were slowly being backed into each other by an owl in the front as well as the back.

To Maru, the Owl he kicked reappeared, though notably worse for wear. Now floating above the ground, it made no noise but merely....floated higher than Maru. Ascending about ten meters, a noticeably visible surge of chakra began to take form in its hands. Feathers began to rain from the sky then, brown and speckled...and razored. Enhanced with incredibly powerful Fuuton, the feathers crashed down at a terrifying speed, a stray one going straight through Maido's right hand. She gazed down upon the wound and frowned. "Hey Kayoko....I'm Wet." She said loudly enough to alert everyone to her presence. She began to form hand seals then, and thought of cobras and vipers and venom. She thought of acid and mist and harmful horrendous heinous things she could do with it. Then, coiling it together, she produced a rotten, sickly, horrible green mist. It began to sweep the battlefield, and it wrought destruction indiscriminately. It quickly loomed in, and the Owls closest nearby began to try to fend it back, but Maido didn't let them. With another series of lightning fast hand seals, she stabilized the mist, and it became neigh impossible to displace without her allowance.

Yet, it seeped towards them and Hisayo took note, positioning herself and moving away from the acid mist as she struck an owl with Kayoko the blade. Suddenly, a feather also shot down at her, slicing her arm but only barely. She glanced upwards and repositioned. A chunk of Maido's cloak began to change shape, breaking and forming and contorting into seven separate pieces, stretching out for several dozens of meters from Maido's origin point and extending to Maru, Michi, Hisayo, Kayoko, and the Mystery Person, leaving one piece for herself. For Maru, Michi, Hisayo, and the Mystery Person, an Umbrella of sorts, began to take shape over their heads. Protecting them from falling debris and jutsu, it would extend down to the nape of their necks before forming into a scarf which tied around them. It didn't smell bad and though it appeared to be entirely liquid it felt entirely solid to the touch and moved on its own accord, to Maido's whim.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:20 pm

Maru was not surprised that the owl he'd just struck reappeared. Though he clearly had taken damage, it seemed that there was some merit to his theory of the spiritual nature of this land enhancing certain aspects of the native wildlife and fauna. What did somewhat surprise him was the creature's ability to manifest fuuton chakra, and in a fairly complex and nuanced manner. This was not a skill that any run-of-the-mill shinobi or even summoned creature could manage. Maru immediately cataloged the information away; these enemies were highly intelligent, likely possessing at least human levels of intellect if not higher. He already wasn't underestimating them, but now he would show the proper deference and respect that their threat levels merited and focus specifically on their elimination.

Sheathing his medium-sized kunai as best he could, Maru tucked his knees in and turned his jump into a forward flip, effectively shrinking the amount of targetable surface area on his body. This wasn't to say that none of the feather would find purchase, as some did manage to graze his flesh. However, his extensive training over the years had toughened his body to the point that steel would find itself outmatched. Only the most potent of jutsu would be able to truly cause substantial injury to him. Ignoring any injuries that weren't significant, Maru spun as he landed, reaching into his pack for five of his throwing kunai, two in one hand and three in the other. The first of three kunai would be launched at the owl so discourteously firing sharpened feathers at them, aiming for the widest part of this head so as to find purchase and hopefully pierce its skull, ending its threat for good. Two more would fly at each of the owls pinning Michi and the mystery figure together, striking the closest one square in the back and the other in the chest. Given Maru's strength, it would be little different for the creatures than being impaled by harpoons if they were unable to move in time to avoid them.
JutsuShow
Ishi-Kyojin Ryuu • Titan’s Body - Foundation
B-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite(s): 25 Endurance, 25 Strength.
After years of body conditioning, Iwamaru's skin, muscles, soft tissues, nerve endings, joints, and bones throughout all areas of his body have become tougher than normal. This level of body conditioning makes Maru more resistant to lacerations and incisions, impact damage, internal bleeding, fracturing and breakage of bones, nerve strikes, and hyper-extension and rupturing of tendons, joints, and other delicate muscle groups. This also significantly reduces his sensitivity to pain without reducing other areas of sensitivity, allowing him to suffer serious wounds such as deep slashes or non-lethal impalings without allowing his focus or actions to be interrupted by pain responses.

Sia

Post by Sia » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:50 pm

Hisayo saw it first and quickly repositioned herself and Kayoko out of the way, leaping far and wide whilst swinging the burning blade through some brush. Landing cleanly she pivoted and swept with her heel, knocking her pursuer off foot, but they merely floated instead of falling. Too, Maru's knives also found purchase for the most part, penetrating their targets most splendidly towards the trees behind them, yet slumped immediately to the ground below. Two of them immediately burst into feathers, floating through the air in a violent whirlwind and they disappeared, feathers and debris kicking up and stirring around where their bodies had previously lay. The one on the right however stayed, and Hisayo examined it from afar.

It was then that Maido moved. Tearing suddenly from downhill and out of sight, she shot through the forest at such speed not a soul other than Hisayo was capable of witnessing it. An Owl had begun some sort of horrid and terrible jutsu and the river running nearby began to overflow quite rapidly. Suddenly, seven large koi fish made of chakra leapt from the water, expanding in size until they were, by Hisayo's estimate, twenty meters long a piece. Her eyes widened, and she braced for impact as one came towards her. Too, some went after her allies. She watched a bit helplessly as the great suiton missile came at her whilst others shot at Maru, Michi, and the mysterious figure. She blinked and almost missed it, but the red scarf of Maido was unmistakable. It flashed past her like lightning and carried with it a sickly plague. A thick green mist rolled out behind Maido as she moved through the forest, seeping, encroaching, perverting, and afflicting everything it touched. Her acid splashed and wrecked havoc, tearing through the forest indiscriminately in a trail behind her. Yet, her control over its size was perfect and it followed only the size of the sticks. "Sticks?" Hisayo asked out loud, and Kayoko confirmed once she was able to perceive them herself.

"Yes, she's using...sticks."

And so she was. Tearing suddenly into the battlefield, she struck at two of the missiles. In a barrage she assaulted them, causing water to turn to acid. She threw herself immediately between Maru, Michi, and the missiles, for they were fast, but the missiles were aplenty. Knocking one off course, she leapt through the air again. The chunks of her cloak on her allies began to shift shape, turning more into proper scarves now and trailing behind them each, dancing by their arms. She could fend off some of them with this level of technique, but not them all. Three giant water missiles were still headed past her, and she made absolutely no effort of doing anything about them.

After all, what was a little water?
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:56 pm

Michi ran along the tree branches as he chased after the mysterious figure only for his eyes to widen in surprise as they came running back at him, an owl in hot pursuit. Michi went high, jumping over the figure and bringing his gunbai sharp-side down on the approaching owl. The bladed eye caught the creature in the wing and sent it careening into the trees branches as he skid to a halt once landing. He turned once more and found the figure approaching again, another owl after him but there was something worse to worry about. Michi looked up as the owl cast its Fuuton jutsu and snarled. He grabbed the figure in a bear hug with one arm and placed the gunbai on his back before falling backwards through the canopy with the person in arm.

The storm of fuuton feathers crashed through the thick canopy around them as they fell but Michi was more worried about the owls following at this point. The hardy branches of the forest stabbed into him as they fell, his gunbai protecting him from the worst of it, and Maru pierced the two avian predators with kunai. A scarf of blood attached itself to Michi as they fell before a sickly green mist spread through the area. The man wanted to groan before the scarf revealed itself to protect him from the worst of it.

The item morphed once more and Michi's eyes found the incoming water missile off to his side, crashing through the tree branches. Using what foothold he could find on the trees as he fell, he pushed off and redirected himself and the native away from the missiles before landing with a hard thud and a groan on the forest floor.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:50 pm

Despite how ludicrous this sight would be to other people, Maru had spent way too much time in the Catacombs for this to phase him. The variety of mutated creatures and insects in that place could boggle the mind, and this was no different. Taking a page from his genin charge's playbook, Maru calmly stepped off of the branch into open air, the scarf quickly grabbing the limb from above to prevent him from falling and allowing him to avoid the barrage of . Taking two more kunai into hand, Maru commanded the scarf to throw him forward to the next branch and away from the acid, torquing the muscles in his arms in midair before throwing one with each hand at the fish before they landed back in the water.

There were still too many enemies in the area. He needed something to clear out a mass of them at once, but he lacked the pure area of effect ninjutsu that Maido clearly specialized in. He would have to make do with the environment. Landing on a tree, Maru turned to the trunk beside him and drove his elbow into the wood. The entire portion of the trunk above the point of impact cracked and fractured, which he grabbed with one hand and hurtled at the nearest cluster of enemies. Despite being slow on his feet and not as proficient in ninjutsu as his fairer counterpart, Maru made up for it in raw physical prowess. With just a little ingenuity, even a tree trunk could be as potent as any fireball or boulder.

Sia

Post by Sia » Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:25 pm

Elementally enlightened, the blood witch slammed the rods in her hands together hard, creating an incredibly loud audible boom which rippled throughout the area, causing the acidic mist near her to poof away from her and towards the owls nearby. The green mist rolled in very quickly and began to lay waste to most everything in its path over time. The fungus, the trees, the moss, the rock, the grass. If she allowed it, her mist would merely eat the entire area until there was nothing left. Today however that wouldn't be necessary. Truly, the owls numbers had begun to dwindle and yet, she was certain there would be more in the time to come.

Some of the owls had begun to flee, Hisayo noted. Taking chase, she launched herself forwards at breakneck speed, kicking a large crate into the ground from her initial launch point. Intercepting a particularly large brown owl, she slashed at it with Kayoko the blade, imbued in flames. Met with a parry, a sharpened, hardened wing jutted into Kayoko, breaking into the side of her form. Cursing, she began to regenerate.

Michi fell to the ground by Maido and Maru launched himself through the air with the help of her scarf, too positioning himself away from the acid, Maido noted. Keeping her senses open, Maido began to perform hand seals. "They struck first, Hisayo. They don't need to be left alive." Suddenly, five clones of blood, flesh, chakra, and shadow formed around Maido. Shadow clones, they moved immediately to intercept the rest of the owls each with various methods. A large brown owl was merely decapitated as Maido flew past it, another had a rod of acid crammed straight into its gut, turning into acid mist from the inside out until the owl was no more. Yet another was liquified entirely into a puddle of blood, and the rest were dismembered in various horrific sorts of ways, the likes of which Hisayo refused to write about, for she had already done so so many times before.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:32 pm

While the others two shinobi were busy slaughtering the avians, Michi was coughing and trying to catch his breath. The sheer height, even with the branches breaking their fall, was enough for the wind to be thoroughly knocked out of him upon impact. He didn't even notice when the figure who had tried to escape in the trees rolled off of him and began to also groan in pain.

Finally sucking in a deep breath, Michi rolled over and onto all fours before finding his footing. The man, an older figure in his late 30s, was quite non descript with brown, shaggy hair and blue eyes. He tried to take off once more but Michi darted forward and drew the gunbai off his back before sweeping at the man's ankles. Another groan of pain and the man tripped and tumbled to the ground clutching them.

"Stop running dammit! We're on your side!" Michi scolded the man as he caught up to him and waited for the others to join them. The man continually grabbed at his ankle in pain but Michi rolled his eyes. He knew he hadn't hit him hard enough to break anything. His eyes followed the man's as they wandered off behind him, deeper into the forest. Noting the direction for later, Michi would wait for Maru to ask whatever questions he'd like from the man.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Tue Feb 15, 2022 8:16 pm

Looking around, it was evident to see that these corrupted creatures could see how hopelessly outmatched they were, those that still survived now in full retreat. Maru turned and looked down just in time to see Maido quite literally dissolve scores more enemies out of existence before landing next to Michi, her butchering dance leaving a trail of corpses in her wake. Jump across from the now topless trunk he stood on, he vaulted himself off of the tree and performed a simple front flip before dropping straight down. To land with the strength that he did had different results on ground as soft and pliable as this. The earth beneath his feet domed and compacted, nearly buckling under the force of his own impact. Walking out of the crater almost as if it didn't exist, Maru took point on the questions, the main representative from Iwagakure on this mission. Though he knew that Maido had the trust of the village, he was fairly certain the brass would want to make sure it was one of their own gathering the intel.

The man that grabbed his ankle couldn't have looked more pitiable from Maru's position. Turning to Maido and Maido, he sought a solution to his pain. "Do either of you have skills with medical techniques? They're not my forte, and he might be more compliant if he's not nursing a wound," he asked, though he was still going to ask the questions regardless of what their answer was. They didn't have time to be standing around when the retreating enemies might return with reinforcements. Taking a knee, he'd begin to question the "informant."

"I am Tate Iwamaru, jounin of Iwagakure no Sato. We are here to assist you with regaining control over the land, but we need your help in order to do that," he said plainly. It was difficult to understand exactly how a flat voice could also sound so intense, but somehow Maru made it happen. "To start, you can tell us where your people are so we can convene with them and strategize. You can also explain to me why you chose to run away from us instead of rallying behind us. If this is your poor excuse for a betrayal, you won't find us very amused, I promise you."

It was clear from Maru's gaze that he had no time for games. This man had better start answering questions to the quick, or there'd be... consequences.

Sia

Post by Sia » Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:59 pm

One of the Maido clone's extended its cloaks suddenly into a a rather wide canopy, throwing it up high into the air and blanketing the sky. It then dropped its polearms and began to slew together a series of hand seals, causing the acidic mist to dissipate away quite quickly. However, the damage from the acid had already been done and the acid had already soaked into the area, killing it foully and indiscriminately. Some days, Maido didn't like these types of jutsu. Such devices were double-edged. She didn't want to destroy the world, just its inhabitants after all.

Hisayo tossed Kayoko the sword into the air. Transforming back into her human form, Kayoko landed on the cursed ground below. She made her way back towards Hisayo and tended to her wounds, wrapping a bandage around Hisayo's knuckles after applying just a bit of ointment and wiping it down. Maido too, was ready to set to work with the healing process. She didn't walk towards them, she took a singular step and merely appeared, yes, appeared next to Michi. Had Hisayo seen that correctly? She rubbed her eyes for a moment and looked again. Maido took another step, and was next to the stranger instead. Something was different about Maido now, Hisayo noticed. Kayoko had seen it a little, but Hisayo was truly the observant one of the bunch. She'd never seen Maido actually exert more than minimal effort to accomplish anything. She wondered then what her master was truly capable of.

Maido spoke to the stranger, her glowing red eyes at first unnerving them, but their look quickly changed to calm once Maido spoke. "Look into my eyes and empty your mind, little one. Imagine your gut as a pot of boiling water, rolling and roaring and overflowing. Now visualize it unboiling, returnin to calmness, and be still as your heart." As she spoke, she worked, light green iijutsu chakra surging out from her hands as her voice soothed the soul of the frightened human. She grasped his flesh and caressed his cells. Soothing, enticing, sparking them to react and reform. In a mere moment, she was done. She was a master of the craft.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sat Feb 19, 2022 3:30 pm

The terrified looked between the group of five surrounding him frantically, even as Maido went about and healed his ankle. There was a rising panic to the man's voice as he spoke.

"Why would Iwa shinobi care to help anybody from Forest take back their land? We were enemies!" The man began to scoot back slowly in the dirt as his eyes darted around in the tree tops. "Take you to my camp so you can enslave my people? I'd rather the forest take me." At the mention of the forest, the ground beneath them began to shake with rising intensity. "It's coming! Don't you know the forest is alive!?"

The shaking continued until thick, twisted roots shot out from the ground indiscriminately in response to the acid mist that had torn at and destroyed the forest. Thick roots spread out over the ground, snaking around the man's wrists and ankles before continuing to spread in an attempt to also grab at the shinobi. Even if the roots were destroyed or prevented from grabbing them, they continued to surge across the forest floor and choke out whatever life attempted to hide. Before they'd be able to free themselves, the roots which had grabbed the man retracted and dragged him screaming into its black depths.

Michi grabbed at and used the edge of his gunbai to break free of the roots before they were able to also pull him back. Deciding against turning the entire forest into a tinderbox and incuring the wrath of more roots, the Fukusha let out a large sigh. Tree demons, owl spirits. What else did this place have? Waiting for the others to lead the way into the heart of the Forest, Michi would follow.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:01 pm

Being so attuned to the earth as he was, Maru could feel the ground talking to him, in a sense. It certainly wasn't sharp enough to be any sort of precognition or sensory, but it melded with his warrior's sense to tell him about the feel of the ground around him and whether some unseen threat moved through it. The earth was shouting at him, warning him of the danger before his eyes even caught sight of the first roots. He stepped away to avoid the first roots and roughly ripped the others that sought to bind his arms. His ears caught the last cries of the informant as he was entombed in the earth by these mutant branches. Making a short hop backward, Maru would weave a set of hand seals and send a wave of Doton chakra (10 Strength, 50 Speed) out in front of him before stomping hard on the ground. His foot would seem to sink in and the earth before him would explode, pulverizing the wave of roots in front of the party in a wave of dirt, rock, and stone shrapnel. The crimson scarf would thin out and extend as far as it could to grab hold of a tree limb to lift himself off of the ground.

From above, he would observe the progress of the roots. It seemed that the trees, or at least the roots of the trees, were tenacious. It did give him the idea of grabbing one of the trees and using it to fell the rest. He was certain non-possessed saplings could be found and the forest could be replanted. Still, there was no guarantee that such a plan would work in the moment. Maru's keen eyes kept observing, his ears keeping track of anything that approached from behind or above.
JutsuShow
Doton • Basic Sundered Domain
D-Rank Ninjutsu
After performing the necessary hand seals, Iwamaru channels Doton chakra into a 10-meter area around his person, including stone and concrete terrain or structures. The stability of the ground/terrain is weakened. If Iwamaru strikes the ground with 5 Strength or greater, the ground will erupt up a number of meters equal to Iwamaru's Strength, progressing across the weakened terrain at a Speed equal to his Strength and showering the opponent with rock, stone, and earthen shrapnel at a Strength equal to Iwamaru's Strength. This technique cannot be used against structures or terrain infused with an opponent's chakra.

Sia

Post by Sia » Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:00 pm

Maido sensed it, Hisayo felt it, Kayoko heard it. The ground was angry, the forest was upset. The chakra here was tainted, corrupt, and a threat. Maido moved swiftly, she had no time to falter. She performed the hand seals quickly, and found something to use on the altar. Chiton chakra went out, and danced into an owl's corpse. Maido moved her hand and the body moved as well. She watched Maru's handywork and was impressed at the strength of the boy, for he had blown away such mighty roots as though they were nothing. In the moment, he reminded her of Shinjiro a little. The forest didn't stop. Roots and ground continued to spill forth, agitated and angry at their intrusion and tampering. Their target was beginning to get away, swallowed up whole by the forest and Maido could sense they drew further in each passing moment.

There was still time to reach them, but it would be hasty. They needed to deal with the roots, and though Maido's acid mist was did well to destroy it, she feared a continuous dosage of it would affect her allies too much. She thought quickly then, and began to do a series of most forbidden hand seals, something tucked away in her mind for just such an occasion. She needed to clear out the roots quickly, and disrupt the next incoming wave from the earth. She noted everyone's position in her mind's eye, her sensory chakra reaching out and connecting to their souls. She could still feel the stranger, he hadn't yet left her range. Her hand seals then finished and the body she had begun to move suddenly turned entirely red all over. "Everybody get down!" Hisayo suddenly screamed at the top of her lungs, for only she saw Maido's hand seals in the moment to recognize what rotten and horrible thing she was doing. Hisayo braced for impact, and her chunk of cloak wrapped around her quickly. The dead owl's body moved quite quickly, flung violently into the forest, before it suddenly exploded. Hisayo had to admit, she had never actually seen Maido use this technique to its fullest capabilities.

She wasn't prepared for what she saw. To the best of Hisayo's knowledge, the largest explosion she had ever seen was from the combined force of 10 exploding tags. That failed in comparison to the sun which Maido unleashed before her eyes that day, as in a singular instant, an entire area larger than some clan compounds Hisayo had seen was wiped from the face of the earth. The wreckage flew everywhere. For hundreds of meters in every direction, dirt, fungus, acid, trees, rocks, corpses, roots, and limbs were tossed about violently.

Directly into the middle of it flash stepped Maido, pursuing their target and ignoring the chaos entirely.

Body Blast
S-Ranked Ninjutsu
Prerequisite: 50 Control
By channeling chiton chakra into a target that has at least a quart of her blood inside of them, Maido can cause them to quickly turn a very dark shade of red before violently exploding from the inside out at the end of the post with a strength of 50. This explosion covers an area 128m x 128m x 128m.

*[Ninjutsu • Body Flicker Technique]
A-Ranked Nintaijutsu
After channeling chakra into their body, the user enhances their movement to attack or retreat suddenly, the ninja almost instantly moves up to 65 meters on the ground in a single straight direction. While doing this, the ninja cannot move through anything or anyone, nor can they supplement it with an attack of any kind. After the quick movement has stopped, there is a brief pause where the user must recover from the movement. Even though it's not a full teleportation, this jutsu uses up one of the 2 teleportations a character can use in a single thread.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:45 pm

Well, the forest hadn't expected THAT.

Nearly 200 meters of the forest was gone in an instant as a white light enveloped the entirety of the view ahead of them. The explosion tore through the land and air with a crack as trees were shredded and uprooted before being sent flying in all directions. Michi threw his hands up in a futile defense, the blood scarf following as it formed a protective barrier around the young man as he was thrown back by the force of the explosion.

Michi and the blood barrier bounced along the forest floor before eventually skipping to a stop against a tree that was basically uprooted. The barrier broke down with the combination of the explosion force and smashing through the forest, revealing an unconscious Michi within. Knocked out from the sheer force but otherwise alright, the special jounin slowly came to and got his bearings, trying to ignore the loud ringing in his ears.

The forest responded in kind to the attack as roots and trees broke through the ground to replace what had just been destroyed. Gigantic trees with twisted, corrupted trunks thicker than some buildings tore through the ground as Maido advanced, intent on crushing her with their sheer mass while roots swarmed the forest floor in an attempt to take back the land that had just been freed from its influence. As Maido made her way through the possessed woods, she'd eventually come upon the heart of the forest.

An enormous, malformed tree stood at the center of the corrupted forest, easily a quarter kilometer tall. Once a shining beacon of nature that purified the very land and blessed its inhabitants, the world tree of Forest Country had been possessed by an immensely strong spirit. Thick, twisted roots circled around the trunk of the tree before shooting towards Maido in an attempt to bind and then crush her.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Sat Feb 19, 2022 11:03 pm

Maru’s moves were calculated. Even as Maido began weaving seals, the amount of chakra that she was molding was so potent that it affected the air around her. Seeing her in action already had taught him to give a wide berth, and Hisayo’s warning came after Maru had already begun to move in preparation for what was to come. Swinging behind the sturdiest, thickest tree he could find, Maru turned the scarf into a curved barrier covering up to the sides of his head to dampen the sounds of blast waves. From the front of that barrier shot two arm-sized channels burrowing just deep enough into the trunk of this massive tree for Maru to reach his arms in and grab hold of the inside of the trunk, holding it down and forward. He braced his feet against one of the tree’s inert roots. To be frank, if the roots started grabbing his feet at this point, it would be a blessing, not a curse, as they would further stabilize him.

The blast came, and all but his tree was immediately uprooted and blown to smithereens. The top half of the tree he braced himself against was gone instantly, far too high and flexible to withstand the initial wave of force. Maru would feel the rest of the tree slowly get ground down by the impact until the force eventually subsided. He was left holding half of a stump of the tree, now truly dead to rights. Reforming the shield into a harness with four thinner but equally long tendrils, Maru bounded over the desecrated foliage to gaze upon the true threat: the World Tree, known to the locals as Yggdrasil, tainted by a malevolent spirit.

This scarf was proving to be exceptionally handy, given Maido’s superior chakra control. It allowed Maru to obtain speeds impossible by his own means. Bounding along the surface of shattered tree trunks, Maru noticed the earth below still roiling and writhing from the possessed tree’s roots. Using three of the tendrils to propel himself forward, the fourth would grab Michi, who was disoriented, by the waist and set him on one of the taller uprooted trees farther away from the dangers on the ground to help him regain his bearings. Without a word, he would then use all four tendrils to fling himself to Maido’s position. Two of the tendrils would then shoot forward once they were in range and wrap around the closest bunch of roots trying to crush Maido. Those two cords would pull Maru forward and, torquing the muscles in his legs, he would stomp through the errant roots, shattering them into heaps of splinters. The other tendrils would shoot back and latch onto a nearby that hadn’t been obliterated or toppled by the earlier explosion and pull him back expeditiously.

Sia

Post by Sia » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:03 pm

In a motion that by now had become second nature after so much time with Maido, Hisayo swung her cloak out and swung towards Michi, landing gracefully next to him and helping him to his feet. "Come on we have to go help her." She said and swung Kayoko into another incoming root. Setting Kayoko ablaze, she began to clear a path and jumped up from root to root in pursuit of her master, whom had begun to ascend into the heart of the forest. In the massive opening that had been created, she glimpsed it for a moment before her view was swallowed up by more roots and twisting vines. She cursed under her breath and swung Kayoko again, kicking off of a tree and trying not to lose her footing.

Maido's sensory jutsu flared up horrendously here. The corrupted taste of impure and malicious chakra hung heavy, a maroon discoloration in the world that didn't belong here. Truthfully, now that she was face to face with the heart of the problem, she wasn't entirely sure she was the best person to deal with it. Sure, she could get rid of it, perhaps even permanently, but it would certainly be a lot of work. Just then, Maido remembered something terrible. Something ancient, heinous, and horrible. She began to form hand seals and Kayoko did too, swapping places with Maido, then swinging herself through the air to cut a root straight through. She sent out a putrid wave of fire then, setting the forest ablaze quite quickly. Kayoko the sword then extended, becoming fifteen meters in reach, and Hisayo grabbed her handle.

Brandishing this hellish Muramasa Muramasa, Hisayo swung three times, sending flames, acid, roots, and blood in a flurry. She launched faster, she pivoted harder, and a tiger began to form from the air. Bursting into flames, the air ignited from her very strikes, a thunderous blow from this titan of a human. The tree wheezed, yes, Hisayo heard it wheeze. Maido's sensory jutsu pinged in her mind's eye, now was the time to strike, to subjugate it to her will, to her eye. She blinked forwards then, impressively making no sound. No smoke screen, no blurred movement, just one step and she'd gained such ground. Maroon colored aura began to leave the witches body. She peered into the tree's eyes, deep into the core of its soul. Her hand plunged out covered in acid and struck at its bark then, wrapping it in chains aplenty spread out over such great distance with the help of the others then. Maido concentrated, she admitted this technique took quite a bit of work. She would feel quite taxed after this one for sure, she would need to rest for a bit.

Her dark evil aura surrounded the tree, a mist escaped her mouth and breathed into it quite deep. Her hands came together then as Maido floated in the air, hovering a good distance from the tree with her hands in a triangle. It didn't use blood, though truly it didn't matter. It was caught, ensnared, afflicted, it would break one way or another. "Calm yourself spirit, or I'll turn you to acid." Said Maido plainly though her eyes glowed with a maroon aura. Her face was blank, dead inside, no emotion, but it became a smile after a moment. "I sure don't want to though, love."

Shizumeru: Vision of Spirits
C-Ranked Tenkujutsu (Nin)
Pre-Requisite: Sensory Concentration
After forming a set of hand seals, the user focuses chakra to their eyes, causing the Maroon chakra to flare up around their eyes. This works similar to a doujutsu, but with no physical change to the eye itself, allowing the user to see the chakra of spirits and spirit related objects/people as an aura of Maroon. While useful for a quick glance, it can be used up to [Chakra Pool]/5 posts, before needing to be refreshed.

Spirit Binding: Complete Loyalty
S-Ranked ChitonTenkujutsu (Nin)
Prerequisites: 50 Control
After forming a set of hand seals, the user places their hand over the spirit as they flood their chakra for an entire post. If the spirit has a control(Or Mastery stat in the event of a Jinchuuriki or other such being) stat equal to or higher than the user's control, then the spirit will resist the claim. However, if a target has had its blood infused it will be unable to resist. If unresisted, they will be binded to the user, and able to be summoned at any time at the will of the user and have to obey their every willful command. If this is performed on a spirit currently in contract with another being, it will completely negate said summoning contract. If this is used on a Jinchuuriki, it will only bind the spirit inside to Maido's will, not the host, though will cause the host to have their blood infused indefinitely.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:50 pm

The greater spirit within the world tree had first come to Forest Country hundred of years ago and was sealed away by the natives of the land. The war had wiped out the natives and with their absence, the seals on its possession were broken. The corrupting influence of the spirit had quickly overtaken the land and mutated it into a corrupted, twisted version of itself. The foul chakra seeped into the land itself as the spirit planned to use the land as its first foot step in taking over the entirety of the land.

It hadn't expected to be subjected to the group before it. They tore through its branches no matter how many it sent forth and the roots sent through and over the ground were unable to pin them down long enough for its corrupting chakra to sap their own. The white haired woman at the center of it, the spirit could feel her chakra surging like a raging sea, was the most dangerous of them all. The very structure of the tree seemed to come alive with a terrifying screech, bursting the eardrums of lesser beings. Maido's chakra wrapped around it and seeped into it, fighting against its own. Their chakra clashed against each other for control, the Blood Witch's tenkujutsu worming it's way into the very core of the spirit. Michi, quite out of his league, relied on the scarf as best as he could to avoid serious injury from the rampaging roots.

The earth seemed to flip for those standing on it as Maido's chakra struck the spirits soul. The roots of the gigantic tree flailed up and down in protest, the entire landscape around them being torn to shreds by the sheer size of the creature. The ground roiled as if the sea as the world trees roots changed the entire countryside with their all encompassing sweeps. Finally, Maido's chakra separated the spirit from the world tree and the roots once more fell inert. The spirit, in the form of a dark, almost black, green orb made its way down to the Maido at the forest floor where it erupted into a flash of black light. As the light faded, the form of the corrupted tree spirit stood before them in obedience to the Blood Witch.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:08 am

Maru didn't pretend that his role in this mission wasn't anything other than basically support/babysitter. At one point, he had thought to dabble in Tenkujutsu, but the demands of the war had forced his skills to develop elsewhere. He was simply a wall of muscles at this point, and while that wasn't a particularly intimidating skill set to have in comparison to giant clouds of acid and blood, his strength did have its uses. As the tree continued to thrash, Maru drew his sword and, using the harness fashioned from Maido's blood, the four links would swing from side to side as Maru made sweeping strikes with the blade, hewing off roots one group at a time. He would time the strafe to each side with a single swing. Were it not for Maido's blood, this maneuver would be impossible for him.

At some point, the tree behind him screeched with a deafening cry and the roots began to convulse as if they were losing control. Maru took that as his signal to back away, and so he did, landing deftly next to Michi. Maru could see the earth roiling beneath them, but he simply adhered his feet to the tree he was currently standing on and waited for the dust to settle. Soon, the sickly blackish green light was ripped from the tree and exploded in an eerily beautiful display, leaving Maido and the tree standing face-to-face, as it were.

Maru could tell from the repeated use of high-level techniques that Maido was likely exhausted. Once he saw it was safe, he'd descend to stand next to Maido and offer a shoulder to lean on. If her legs failed her, he would carry her. Of the three shinobi who had gone on this mission, he had used the least amount of chakra. If additional threats came, it would fall to Maru himself to fend them off.

Sia

Post by Sia » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:17 pm

Finally then it was that Maido released her Tenkujutu's grip on the great tree spirit. She began to wind skate, slowly descending to the ground, and looking visibly worse for wear. She hands released the triangle formation and the tree visibly relaxed. Leaves bloomed then, and great grass and multitudes of flowers began to shoot out from its heart. It ran along the ground, soaring outwards in every direction. The very light and atmosphere of the forest began to change colors then, bringing a whole new reality before them to bare witness to. Maido continued to descend and released her clones. Quite taxed and exhausted, she continued to maintain her sensory jutsu regardless, smelling everyone's blood for signs of corruption.

Hisayo watched her fall and ran up, swinging her Maido cloak around and grabbing Maru and Michi along the way. Landing gingerly down, she tip toed through the flowers. "It's...actually quite peaceful." Spoke Hisayo after a moment, and Kayoko could do nothing less than agree with her. Shifting form, Kayoko the massive claymore broke down, reshaping herself into a human visage and body once again. Maido's scarf expanded out and opened up into a full cloak with a hood, covering her entire body and shrouding her face, protecting her. "I must rest for a bit now, that was a lot." She admitted to the group with a smile. Her reserves may be god level, but it mattered not on some occasions. Being centuries old had some downsides after all. Humans were not meant to live so long. That however was something which Maido the eldest had gotten over long ago, yet she continued to wind skate forwards. The mission wasn't over. "Come on, we still have a ways to go." She said, making eye contact with Michi, Maru, Hisayo, and Kayoko for the first time since combat began.

"Please, tell me something interesting," she said after a long moment of silence. She began to wind skate forwards, tilted a bit backwards and let the momentum carry herself freely as she closed her eyes and simply sailed through the flowerbeds and fields of grass. After a moment of listening, she began to take a nap, paying only attention to her sensory jutsu in her mind's eye as she floated towards the mysterious figure.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Post by Niro » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:44 pm

Free of the corrupting influence of the spirit, the world tree once more seemed to hum with life itself. The purple, almost black, aura of chakra that had been given off before was free as it once more glowed a brilliant sapphire blue. Plants and other life within the tree slowly stirred to life as they were freed. Birds and butterflies flew forth from its branches in swathes as they freely soared through the sky once more. The change not only affected the world tree as slowly but surely the black color indicating corruption spread across the entire forest would begin to fade. It would not happen instantly but over the course of several weeks, if not months, the forests would once again gain their vigor and cover the land once again.

Michi, covered in dirt and wounds, had once survived the entire ordeal thanks to the blood scarf bequeathed to him by Maido. The bare speck of it remaining after the initial strike had quickly regenerated into another defensive barrier which had protected him to the best of its ability. He'd have to thank the Blood Witch later on, when he could actually speak. The shock of what he had witnessed and the pain throbbing across his entire body had made talking the least of his priorities.

Through the destruction caused by the rampaging trunks and roots of the world tree, the majority of the people living within the forests had been killed or fled. Though they may return, the lawless land would be ripe for the picking. The sheer size of the world tree meant it would be an ideal base for a headquarters in the country. Once the group returned, Iwamaru would be keen to report the situation to his higher ups who would see the massive tree turned into a symbiotic base through to the end.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Return to “Other Countries”