Tea Break [GRADED]

Nick

Tea Break [GRADED]

Post by Nick » Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:30 pm

Tea country had barely begun to settle down after the takeover by the Kobushii Kaishuu, and already Fuhen was getting tired. He had been leading his people since nearly the beginning of the war, but he was buried in deep with them then, leading from the front or the middle. Now he was being asked to lead from the top, and it was quite different. His aide, while friendly, was about as stiff-necked as they came, and was insistent on keeping him in a throne rather than amongst his people. He understood why, but he needed a break, a small return to his roots, even if just for an evening!

He slipped out after a private meeting with a representative from Grass Country, another friendly fellow whom he actually had met in his past by coincidence, but all the same, the talk devolved into politics, something Fuhen was barely coherent through. The aide was likely turning the palace inside out looking for the Frog by now, but he was long gone into the town. Despite being the "Grand Shogun", it had only been a few weeks, and few people recognized him aside from those who perhaps had known him even before the war, when old tea country still thrived.

He strolled through the town amongst the people, waving in a friendly manner to shoppers and workers alike, happy to be out of the throne room for a bit. He was going to enjoy his freedom, he told himself, as he stopped in his tracks at a classical looking tea house, somewhat small he noted as he stepped inside, counting less than ten tables total. Perfect. Less people to recognize him and make a fuss. The place wasn't terribly busy, only a couple of the tables occupied, and he was immediately greeted by a pleasant looking young woman in a bright kimono, who led him to a small table and brought him a bottle and a cup for pouring sake into.

The frog rubbed his hands together at the prospect. It had been ages since he'd had a chance to sit down and just enjoy a drink. It had been a wild few years, and many things had changed, but his love of alcohol had not.
JutsuShow
Hard Work Style 💢 Promising Soldier
S-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Despite being full of limitless potential and filled with vigor, Fuhen appears as nothing more than your average man in all aspects. This 'technique' implies that nothing about Fuhen's body language portrays that he is a trained/experienced killer, and everything from the way he walks to how his chakra appears to casual observers reinforces the idea that he is, if anything, clumsy and likely incapable of fighting. This is most useful in passing himself off as nothing special, putting most into a false sense of security, though with minimal effort Fuhen can break out of this technique to reveal his true self.
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Tea Break

Post by Niro » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:01 pm

The third year of the Great War had brought an end to Miracle Country; Dwarf Country had conquered it under orders from its own new conquerors. The Establishment ran by his mother had been destroyed by the invading forces and in the battle, Kosuke had lost track of her and the others. He had suffered a nearly fatal wound during the battle and was left for dead under some wreckage; anyone fleeing the area would've been hard pressed to find him. It had taken several days for a battlefield scavenger to find him barely alive and dragged him to a medic before leaving him to his fate. Kosuke had been lucky enough to survive the ordeal, his body gaining a litany of battle scars from the fight.

Miracle Country no longer a country it's own, Kosuke took set forth from the lands. Doubly fast as he caught wind of who had taken over Dwarf and forced them to take over Miracle. Fearing pursuit by the organization, the young man had taken to roaming around the war torn lands as a mercenary for hire. The remaining years of the war had shaped Kosuke into a battle hardened warrior and once it finally came to a close, it took him little time to head for Tea Country. The recent news of a samurai organization gaining control of the country was enough to spur him to venture across what was formerly Dungeon Country on a hunch it may be a scattered ally.

It hadn't taken him long to confirm the leader was indeed Fuhen, a previous ally who he had travelled with in the past. A loud laughter had escaped the blond once he did before he set off for the nearby capital where it was rumored said leader would be meeting with a foreign representative. The horse ride there seemed to be over in naught but an instant as Kosuke crossed into the capital and made his way for the first tea house he saw. He slid down from the saddle and wrapped the reins around a post on the outside, keeping the chestnut colored mare in place as he went inside.

It was small on the inside and, whether it be due to the time of time or size of the establishment, there was only one other there. Kosuke's eyes swept over the place as he decided on a table but locked onto the man sitting alone. The Awai stared hard for a moment, the cogs in his mind turning. No, there was no way he got so lucky. He squinted as he tried to confirm the identity before finally tossing caution to the wind and walking right up to the man.

"Long time no see, Froggy."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam
Tatsuo [color=#940839][b]IwaTsuchikageTeam 18 Jousai
Kinomichi [color=limegreen][b]IwaBanninJousai
Kotetsu [color=slategray][b]IwaGeninTeam 7
Ashura [color=coral][b]SunaGenin
Sai [color=#FF14A1][b]Kiri - MND-Rank
Yamato [color=#C71585][b]KiriA-Rank

Nick

Tea Break

Post by Nick » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:36 pm

The shogun's hands finished rubbing together just long enough to say a silent prayer to Takiyasha-Hime. As he opened his eyes, they focused immediately on his sake and cup, very gently pouring from the jug it came into the small cup provided. To an outside observer, it would certainly appear like he was performing some elaborate tea ceremony, but internally Fuhen was savoring every moment. Gingerly, he set the mug down, and slowly picked up the cup full of alcohol, raising it to his lips...

When suddenly, his ritual was interrupted, and he spilled the sake all over himself. Looking down at the mess he'd made with a loud "Hells!" before looking up at the source of his interruption...

His own green eyes met blood red ones, and a look of confusion passed over his face, before the souls of the two warriors connected almost instantly. He felt the man's existence more than he recognized the face, their samurai spirits entering battle stances against one another. The look turned from confusion to sadness, to recognition, to anger, to joy... "You're..." He started, raising an alcohol-soaked hand to point at the boy. In the same instant, the sake cup would fall to the table, sturdy earthware that wouldn't shatter on contact, but before it could even touch the table, Fuhen was in front of his old friend.

"Kosuke!" He yelled, wrapping his arms around his younger companion in a hug which may well get him stabbed, one of these days. Kosuke wasn't short by anyone's standards but still dwarfed by the gangly Frog as he lifted him off the ground in an exaggerated fashion. The members of the staff who were working on cleaning the place up in preparation for more guests politely attempted to pay them no mind as Fuhen set the young man back down, looking him up and down like a proud older brother.

"It's been so long!" He said, gesturing for his friend to take a seat at his table, and sitting down himself as well. "I never thought I'd see you again, the world is so large these days..." His accent wasn't near as bad as when the two had last met, but still gently played in the back of his voice as he spoke. "Sato, Gendo, you, me..." The Frog looked overwhelmed with nostalgia, like an old fool reminiscing about the good old days. "You're a full-grown man, now!"
"It's so sad!" the reader said to the writer with a frown. "The character in my book just died!" The author turned to her and burst out into tears, "I know!" he said, "So did mine!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Tea Break

Post by Niro » Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:51 pm

Kosuke blinked owlishly as the cup flew into the air and the liquid, sake judging from the smell, splashed all over the master samurai in surprise. Fuhen had been a bit clumsy during their travels but the recent rumors and stories about the 'Shogun' had led him to believe the man would be hard pressed to sneak up on. Had he really moved THAT stealthily? No, surely Fuhen must have been so preoccupied on the drink he had tuned everything else out.

For a split second, he worried about the future citizens who would be under the man's rule until their eyes finally met and Kosuke smirked. The smirk, however, was wiped away almost instantaneously as Fuhen moved from sitting to standing and crushing him in a hug. The Awai was tall for a young man but even he was dwarfed by Fuhen who wrapped him up with a strength he was unprepared for.

"Ngh." He grunted as he was swept off his feet by the hug before being placed down. The man blinked a few more times in an attempt to process what had just happened before coming back to the reality of Fuhen offering him a seat at the table which he gladly took. Kosuke gingerly sat himself away from the newly acquired sake stains on the upholstery. "It really has been. I wonder if they're even still alive nowadays, haven't heard much about any of 'em besides you."

"Speaking of which, running a country now? How'd that happen?"
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Nick

Tea Break

Post by Nick » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:37 am

The Frog's nostalgic smile was quite sad as he realized that the other two not present might not even be alive. Gendo had been a dear friend, and Sato was his first apprentice! They'd had to go their ways at the start of the war, Gendo returning to his home temple and Sato returning to his people in Dragon country. Fuhen had understood, he of course needed to do the same and return to his people. If only he'd gotten back sooner... He shook his head, there was no use in worrying about the past. For all his ability to rend reality with his fists, even he couldn't turn back time and fix his mistakes. It was time to move on for those that remained, for the now, for the future.

And yet here parts of his past were, coming back to confront him. At least this one was positive, so far. "Haw! Keep quiet about that, not sure if the staff recognize me or not..." Fuhen gave his old companion a wink, before reaching over to the jug and pouring both his friend and himself another cup of sake, not to be spilled this time. "Where to even begin?" He took his alcohol and gave it a reverential sip, letting the warm liquid coat his throat and burn down from his tongue to his stomach slowly.

"Ikuto... I met him during the war, a native of old Tea country before the people moved here to Shark. He told me about the local ruler here who was a..." The Shogun paused momentarily, trying to remember his vocabulary lessons. "Despot." The Frog nodded to himself, clearly satisfied with the word. "I'd already let that go on too long in River Country, powerless to stop it." He looked almost bitter about it, the sentence leaving his mouth like venom. "So Ikuto, an... acquaintance of mine named Ken, and myself stepped in! Ikuto is maybe more of the leader of his people, but he insists that I'm the future, that I should be the one to take the mantle..."

Fuhen had to hesitate on what to call Ken, and Ikuto too for that matter. They weren't exactly friends, so much as together through necessity and a mutual cause. Both of them had strong aspirations and strong personalities, and despite that, they had traveled together for quite some time thanks to the war, they weren't people that Fuhen wanted to share a drink with. He'd been quite lonely during the war, now that he thought about it. Fuhen's best friend, his father, had been killed during the takeover of River by Kirigakure missing ninja, and while his many siblings were still there and he loved them dearly, it was a hole that was hard to fill.

"Ach, anyway. I guess I've been in similar situations before, just not on such a grand scale... You never did get to see River Country, but it's gone now, maybe forever... But this is our new home now, and I intend to make it better than River ever could have been! What about you, Kosuke? Still letting the wind blow you where it pleases, or have ye found yer calling?"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Tea Break

Post by Niro » Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:10 pm

Kosuke gave a nod at being quiet at who Fuhen was to the staff before picking up the sake cup and cradling it in his grasp while he listened to Fuhen. He swirled the contents of the clay utensil with a pensive gaze on his face as the Shogun explained what had occurred since the War had come to him. Like himself, it had torn apart his home and forced him to pick up and move on. He was quiet for a moment more after Fuhen finished and took a long drink of the saucer before finally piping up.

"Not to be an ass, buddy, but sounds like you might be more of a means to an ends than anything to this Ikuto guy. Can't really say anything 'bout this Ken fella but seems to me Ikuto is the one with a bit more vested interest; watch your back, basically." Kosuke looked up from the saucer to Fuhen, his blood red eyes a sort of serious rarely seen on the man. Well, rare since Fuhen had last seen him. Once more the young man fell back into silence and played with the barely remaining contents of his saucer.

"Dwarf Country got taken over by some missing ninjas and then invaded Miracle. Entire place turned into a shit show; who knew peaceful midgets could launch a successful invasion campaign on such tall structures? It was truly baffling but with their...'backup' they took the country. Tried to fight where I could after the Teahouse was burnt to the ground and we all scattered but eventually it got to a point where I wasn't making any head way. Decided to take to the roads, maybe find some allies and take the place back but the more and more I travel the more I realize everyone else is in the same predicament even if the perspective is different." Kosuke paused for a moment to toss back the remainder of the saucer before placing it back down for a refill.

"At this point, I think I might try to establish a sort of odd jobs guild. Help out the little people where I can and where other like minded...vagabonds can congregate, even if only for a moment. See where that goes, use it to gather information on the others and do what I need to."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Nick

Tea Break

Post by Nick » Sun Dec 19, 2021 8:02 am

Fuhen gave a small, sad laugh as Kosuke mentioned he might be being used. He knew he was, of course, but for this, he was willing to be an instrument. Despite this role of leadership fitting him quite nicely, it was still thrust upon him by the people, which means they wanted him to fill the role. Fuhen and Ikuto's ideals weren't even near the same; Ikuto wanted the best for his people, but he also had the high aspirations of destroying the big 5, something the Frog saw as far too extreme. With a little effort, they could prove to the big five that they were on the same playing field as them, and that would be enough to bring peace.

The Shogun stroked his chin and listened as his light-hearted friend recounted his hometown's experiences in the war. He was sad to hear it, he'd spent quite a bit of time in Miracle country, and hell, he'd even fulfilled a prophecy in Miracle country. Before the takeover, the people of Miracle probably knew Fuhen's name more than the people of Tea. He gave his friend a refill like a dutiful friend, with Kosuke being younger it would be traditional for him to refill their cups, but the Frog was hosting him, and was never much one for traditions in the first place.

Briefly, Fuhen's vision was filled with a future where Kosuke was lost after the war, another streetwise ronin with no home, no goals, left destitute... He shook his head. "I like the sound o' that! Jus' like me an' you used t'do 'afore the war..." He smiled sadly at the nostalgia. There may come a time when he could return to such things, but for now those days were over, he had too many people counting on him. "But t'give it structure, eh...? Sounds like yer also takin' care of the people in yer own way!"

He thought for a moment, finishing his own drink and idly refilling his own up, stroking his hairless chin again. "Say... Why not start here, aye? We're just starting rebuilding, and building new towns on the borders to act as tradin' posts and whatnot... Tell ye what, since it's for the benefit of the people, let me sponsor givin' ye a buildin', no strings attached!" He smiled broadly at his friend, and down his next saucer in one go, leaving it empty for the time being. "We've got this great place we're clearin' for a big academy..." He swept his palm across the air as if gesturing to a grand landscape, clearly envisioning it himself. "Ah'm sure that'd give ye a steady supply of odd-jobbers t'help out! Or there's always one o' the new border towns, aye? Heck! Ah'm sure I could find ye a place right 'ere in the capital!"
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Tea Break

Post by Niro » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:07 am

Well, Kosuke was glad Fuhen realized he was being used, if the hollow laughter loosed from his lips was any sort of indication. The man had definitely become wiser in the years they had been apart; 6 years ago and there was no chance he'd be so self-aware as to what others were trying to do with him. It was sad but reassuring the Shogun wouldn't have too much of an issue keeping an eye on those who were propping him up. It also silently reinforced his belief the people doing the propping may not be the most savvy of kin. Hesitant to voice it to Fuhen at the moment, Kosuke once more reached out and cradled the clay saucer in his grip.

Mirroring the Frogman's actions, he sipped as well but didn't finish it or come close this time as easily half of the saucer still contained drink when he brought it back to his lap. He swirled the contents around with a simple movement of his wrist as his listened to Fuhen talk, absent mindedly nodding at the idea of helping people. To him, at the moment, it more about getting a lead on where Aya and his mother had escaped to. After information, coin to make sure he could live was next on his totem pole on importance, so helping people was a more tertiary reward than anything. Still, a reward.

"Really? You'd get me something here?" Kosuke blinked in surprise for a moment as he thought over the possibilities. The sheer combination of people from Tea, Shark, and even some Kirigakure stragglers gave him plenty of opportunities. Not to mention any leads he could divine from Fuhen's more political allies. "Well, I won't refuse such a generous offer. I'm not sure what you have in mind but I trust you'll take care of me." He once more raised the earthenware to his lips and finished the sake inside, a determined smirk coming over his lips as he placed it back on the table.

"Guess you won't have to watch your back like I was worrying 'bout after all." Kosuke let out a short laugh as he circled back around. "Once I'm confident here, I do plan on getting some sort of branch up in each country, whether major or minor. People needing help doesn't discriminate, whether some governments like that or not. That'll be the next major hurdle after getting established, I reckon."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Nick

Tea Break

Post by Nick » Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:46 am

Fuhen worried for only a moment that his friend might turn down his offer. It was a cause he believed in, as him being a good person and performing good deeds often came down to him happening to be in the wrong place at the right time. What if they could raise an entire generation to do the same? Finding the right wrong place to be in at the right right time? It could be something that really made a difference in the lives of the little people, something that mattered and affected the day-to-day lives more than he ever could upon his throne.

"Yer like a little brother to me, Kosuke!" He laughed, blushing a bit, a mixture of the alcohol and embarrassment. "Ah'm s'posed t'be the one worryin' over ye! Dinnae think I cannae handle meself." He was clearly starting to feel the effects of the strong alcohol, his accent slipping out in full force, at least temporarily. He'd been practicing toning it down, not everyone he led was from River Country, and it wouldn't do to need a translator for some of his words.

Finally, he lifted his saucer of sake up between them, leaning back on his other long gangly arm. "We ken work out all the details later, but fer now... To fixin' past mistakes, to a better future... To brotherhood!" He toasted, laughing, before taking a much more gentle sip of the alcohol, noting his own intoxication. "Ah've built me life with the help of me friends, it's good to see some of them back on top. I can feel yer soul, Kosuke, it's gentle, and good. You'll be better than me, ah'm sure o' it."
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Tea Break

Post by Niro » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:14 pm

"It's nice to be worried after after these last few years. It's a stark difference from wandering from inn to inn trying to gather whatever information I could pry out of the bartenders lips whether it be through coin or favor, sleeping with one eye open just in case some thug allied with Setsuzoku came looking for me after how I harassed them in Miracle, hell never knowing when I'd be able to clean myself up." Kosuke explained, letting Fuhen into the life he had been forced to live the last few years. In comparison to the sheltered kid who thought himself tough Fuhen had originally met in the Teahouse, Kosuke was night and day different.

Thankfully he had never wanted for food, due to the hunters and others who stopped into the Teahouse here or there and were willing to teach a kid something about life. His bow skills were as good as ever and learning how to preserve meat on the fly was certainly...interesting. But, Kosuke was alive. The weight building on his shoulders the last few years had been nigh invisible to him but once he took Fuhen's offer, Kosuke could literally feel the relief flood over him. No more would he have to worry and struggle every day to keep himself alive.

Kosuke drank in celebration with Fuhen; to brotherhood. To being alive.

"I wouldn't call it back on top just yet but...there's definitely a ladder in front of me now. I just need to reach out and climb it." Kosuke nodded towards the Frogman in thanks and recognition." Kosuke nodding in the Shogun's direction in recognition and thanks. "Enough 'bout me and mine, I've heard all of these stories about the Grand Shogun. Now that you've got so many people to lead, what's the plan?"
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Nick

Tea Break

Post by Nick » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:30 am

Fuhen looked upon Kosuke dreamily, like a proud father, gentle smile on his face as he saw bits of himself in the young man, a dangerous game to play. When Kosuke asked about his plans for the future, and about the stories of the "Grand Shogun", the Frog let loose a little chuckle, taking another sip of alcohol and closing his eyes, thinking for a moment. What were his plans? He'd been swept up in this new Tea Country so quickly that he didn't even have time to think about what the future was bringing, focused on the present as he always had been in his youth, taking care of the problems right in front of him, in the here and now. But the people were being fed, the economy of tea was recovering thanks to the efforts of Ikuto and himself. What was next?

The Shogun slammed his palm down on the table dramatically, rising to one knee in a swift motion.
"The plan, Kosuke!" He said, pointing off in the distance, as the world around him warped to that of lush tea fields, automatically watered by steam-powered contraptions and tilled by men in steam-powered metal suits. He swept a wide gesture as they flew through a city of the future, conveniences made available at every doorstep of the common man, people brought to equality by technology, no longer just lords receiving the best of the best. "Is peace." The smile on his face grew, as he grew more intense, visages of children playing in the streets again filling the view around him. "I accept that I may have many battles ahead o' me still, but I'll take on every battle so that the children, and their children, have less to fight!"

The visions shifted to that of bloody battlefields, broken blades, battered bodies... but only for a moment. Then it was handshakes, political treaties, laughter... "Unity, Kosuke!" He said dreamily, definitely having gained the attention of the staff by now, but too swept up in his own machinations to care anymore. "If'n we can bring all the minor countries together, starting with Tea, and now with Gold... We will nae 'ave tae worry about another great war, land grabs, displaced families... ever again!" The visages shifted to one of Fuhen, at first sitting atop a grand throne, and then broken, being lowered into a grave. "I will not hold a grudge against ninja, but their actions cannae be repeated." The visions slowly faded, and Fuhen remained in his pose for a moment, before slowly sitting back down.

"Unity." He repeated, sighing at the long road ahead of him. "Comin' together is the only thing that'll save us should a war like last ever come tae pass again."
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Tea Break

Post by Niro » Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:26 pm

Kosuke blinked like an owl once more as the older male slapped the table and flew into theatrics. He listened as Fuhen went on, a small smile on his face the entire while. The smile never faded from his face but the tone of it was more somber than enthused. As much as Fuhen was dreaming of peace and unity, Kosuke doubted it would ever truly happen. People were just too different and too greedy.

The young man sipped at his saucer before placing it down and leaning back on his forearms comfortably. Although Kosuke had grown up around alcohol and had drank frequently in his youth, his consumption and tolerance had waned in the last few years. Fewer safe places to enjoy a drink, let down ones guard.

"What happens when the shinobi become the minority but some samurai or another lord just fills their place? He or she starts wanting more land for their people, doing the same thing as they've done? Hell, are YOU going to push into shinobi lands? Attempt to liberate their rural populations? What happens if they don't want to be liberated? If they're already happy and have their own peace?

Is your peace everybody's peace?"
Kosuke rambled on, his cheeks flush with alcohol. "Wow, I forgot how strong some of this stuff was." He continued, stifling a slight yawn afterwards. Finally being able to let his guard down and relax, Kosuke realized just how tired he was after these last few years.
Last edited by Niro on Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Nick

Tea Break

Post by Nick » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:05 pm

Fuhen smiled sadly across the table to his friend. He was right, of course. The world might not be ready to be saved, and some people simply didn't need or want to be. Tea specifically had needed him, but was this goal of unity one destined to make him a warmonger? He was the Shogun. The Warlord. What did that mean? The people chanted it in the streets as a symbol of hope. Maybe that's all he needed to be. Hope.

He took a drink from his own saucer, clearly not as shy about his drinking level still. The rising sun had to set eventually. "The goal isn't to enslave the world under me will. But yer right, where's the line? All I can do is follow me heart and let it listen to the people. Ah'm nae thinking the entire world will welcome me as a savior, but Ah'm willing to put me own life forward to be one if'n that's what they need."

The Frog shrugged. "I'm nae here to lead every country, neither. Ikuto is here to oversee Tea, picked by his people. My role is just to make sure he's..." He pondered for a moment, thinking. "Good. Well and truly. A last check against corruption." He realized, of course, that nobody was above him, to make sure he always had the peoples best interest at heart. The people were the only ones who could oust him, he supposed.

"Ah, if'n I cannae be trusted, maybe the system falls apart, but if the people ha lve hope, so will I. Where's yours, Kosuke? Y'seem t'be low on hope and faith these days." He felt the pain in his friend's soul. He wanted to help, but how could he? Kosuke seemed like he was one that didn't want to be saved. He held up his saucer, proposing a toast. "To Hope, my friend. May ye find some, even if it's not from me."
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Tea Break

Post by Niro » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:18 pm

Kosuke sat in silence for a moment before leaning back and looking up at the roof as he contemplated Fuhen's words. A long, deep sigh escaped from him before he purposely let his arms stop supporting him and fell to the ground with them spread wide.

"I'm worried about the people, is the thing. This War is just over; wounds are still fresh. It takes months for broken bones to heal, years for some ligaments if you don't have access to iijutsu or a healer. How long does it take for the resent and anger of the people to heal?" Kosuke let the question hang for a moment before continuing on from his place on the floor. "If the voice of the people is anger, what happens if no matter what's done, they're never satiated? Can you stop them? Will you? Will you even want to?

And I'd prefer if you don't go dyin' on me, dammit!"
Kosuke shot back up, an angry scowl covering his boyish face. "You're the only person I know who's still alive. Who I know is still alive, at least. I've already gone and mourned my mother and the rest of them; I doubt I'll ever see them again at this point even if they are alive. The thought of possibly having to mourn them a second time is...a lot. Havin' to mourn the asshole I...kinda look up to like a big brother might break me." Kosuke admitted, his eyes falling to the floor for a moment as he revealed more than he had to anyone in a long time.

It took him a moment but finally Kosuke picked his saucer back up and toasted with Froggy.

"To Hope."
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Nick

Tea Break

Post by Nick » Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:56 pm

Fuhen smiled gently as Kosuke sat back up to accept his toast. The boy's pain was not something the Shogun was equipped to handle. He didn't have a blade that could cut away fear, anger, or sadness, he had no power to control thoughts like he could swords, he could only do what any mortal man could do. Be there for his friend. He downed his saucer, and slammed the cup down, not pouring himself another one just yet. "The people never should be satisfied." He scooted around the table to sit next to his friend rather than across from, throwing an arm over his shoulder.

"An individual should always be able to find their happiness, but as a group? There's always more we can do." He laughed a little, rocking his companion back and forth a bit, before reaching out with his free arm to refill both of their saucers. "Ah've chosen this dangerous path but I dinnae wish to die on it, either. Ah've got a lot to live for, and so many more people who need me alive than dead." He picked up his saucer and took just a small sip. "But ah, if'n I should pass afore me time, I just need one wee promise."

He let Kosuke go, shifting in his seat a bit. "Dinnae mourn, for even if this body is lifeless, everything I worked for..." He made a wide sweeping gesture around the room with both arms, spilling a bit of sake on the floor recklessly. "Is alive and growin'! So long as this ideal o' New Tea stands, and the sun ne'er sets on the Heart Empire, I am immortal!" Fuhen went to take a drink from his saucer, but found it empty, laughing again, he set it down on the table once more. "Yer family, Kosuke, o' course ye are. Even if'n yer the last man standin' in years to come, y'eve got a piece o' me soul in yer heart."

To accentuate his point, he took a long finger and pushed it against his chest. "So, if'n I never leave, ye've never got reason to heal, aye?" A warmth would flood into Kosuke, unbeknownst to the both of them, an actual piece of his soul entering his companion. "Which is good, because ye'll need all yer energy to heal from the hangover yer gonnae have!"
JutsuShow
Hard Work Style 💢 All the King's Horses
S-Rank Taijutsu Maneuver
Fuhen's innate connection with his equipment and with his closest companions allows him to share the wealth brought forth from his soul. With this technique, Fuhen may hand any of his equipment off to a trusted ally, and then 'recall' it to his soul. This leaves a copy of the weapon in the hands of whoever he passed it off to, similar to a shadow clone, but rather made with his own sweat and raw energy, allowing him AND the chosen ally to use the weapon to its fullest capability until Fuhen chooses to recall the copy. These copies can last 7 posts unless otherwise interrupted.

Hard Work Style 💢 All the King's Men
S-Rank Taijutsu Discipline
Prerequisite: All the King's Horses
A showing of further connection with his equipment and his closest companions, this allows him to share forth the power brought forth from his soul. With this technique, Fuhen's allies may pull copies of his equipment as per All the King's Horses at any time on their own. This only works with people to whom Fuhen's trust is great, and at any time he can recall these copies and shut off their access. These copies can last 7 posts unless otherwise interrupted.
Ninja Info CardsShow

Grand Shogun of River
Suzuko
Just another girl

Niro
Tsuchikage
Tsuchikage

Tea Break

Post by Niro » Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:42 pm

Kosuke could think of a handful of different ways he could be satisfied and decided to just drop the subject. The proclamation of Heart 'Empire' let him know more than he ever planned but the alcohol made the would-be issue disappear from his mind like a balloon being popped. For now, at least. Kosuke sipped at his drink as Fuhen went on and grunted when the long finger dug into his chest.

His blood red eyes met the Frogman's own and a frown still marred his face.

"Of course I'm going to mourn you. Heart is important to YOU but YOU are important to ME." Kosuke got out before a waiter brought another sake container for them. Within moments, another drink was poured and the two continued to their small celebration on a way to a serious hangover.
#MakeIwaGreatAgain
NameVillageRankTeam

Return to “Tea Country”