Old Friends, Young Faces

[Closed] Iza & Kat

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Old Friends, Young Faces

Post by Willoria » Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:58 pm

More rumors, more travel, Suzume and Rina found themselves in Waterfall Country. The small village was quaint, and rather cute. Suzume already couldn't remember the name of it, but she liked it. She found an outdoor cafe of sorts, a smile on her face as she found a small table outside and took a seat to make herself comfortable. She wore her usual clothing, including the takegasa with its little bells that rang with every move she made. She was more than happy to relax outside for the moment, though she was of course careful to maintain her transformation and her appearance so she appeared as her young and normal self, hiding away the look of the Earth Grudge Fear that would likely scare others.

Rina meanwhile went to the stand itself and ordered tea for the both of them, knowing the tea would do nothing for Suzume but the woman would want to keep up appearances. When she returned to the table the blonde woman had a small tray she set on the table to give Suzume and herself some. "Are you expecting someone today, Suz?" Rina asked her quietly once she had finished, simply standing beside Suzume with a hand on the woman's shoulder. "Or is this just another scenic stop?"

Suzume simply smirked and shrugged. "We'll see... depends on if the rumor mill as as reliable as it used to be."
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

Old Friends, Young Faces

Post by Izanagi » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:50 am

It had been far too long that Ichiro had been away from home. 12 long years traveling the world, learning under new masters and finding various causes to support. But the majority of that time he had made a life for himself as a pirate and smuggler, despite having set out to become a healer when he left as a teenager. The port town of Kawakita, was a village of 634 people, having grown significantly in his time away as the people recovered since the famine and sickness that had swept through the land in his youth. Along the Northern coast of Waterfall country, the people were hardy and strong, fishermen, hunters, and farmers (largely of various root vegetables), the citizens held a deep respect for nature. Most of a fighting age carried some kind of knife or shortsword and had at least some training in Yoshin, having to fend against various predators whenever they ventured into the forests or ocean alike.

Along the edge of the village ran a series of small waterfalls and a river that flowed into the ocean from many kilometers inland. The main hold was located up on a hill bordering the forest with the town sprawling beneath it. As one of about half a dozen port towns along the Northern coastline, Kawakita participated in moderate trade and received its share of foreigners coming to experience guided hunts, receive kenjutsu training or otherwise purchase rare poisons and medicines that Waterfall country had become famous for.

Having arrived nearly a week ago, Ichiro had reunited with his aging father who had managed to retain his position of leader of the village, though with several more injuries and one less eye than before. His sister however had been married off to a village chief in the center of the country, one of the larger villages that numbered several thousand strong. Still, it was an invigorating feeling to be back in his homeland. He hoped to be able to give back to his village, sharing some of his profits and using his ship to transport goods and trade with the people while giving them free healing whenever he had the time.

Ichiro had been able to communicate informed his newest master, Hiraku Kenji, that he would be returning to his home village for some time, at least a few months as the Thing That Should Not Be set about building up his base of operations in Yaseyama. Though it had been quite a few years since he had seen the woman that had recruited him into Chishiki. As it turned out though, he had learned that ultimately, she had been operating out of Waterfall Country. Unfortunately, he didn’t have a direct Fuuin link to her, all communication severed before the war and he had parted with Kenji in the neighboring river country, shortly before he had reunited with his daughter. Though he knew if she desired to she would be able to find him, word was out among the coastal towns of his return and surely they would reach her if she was still in the country.

However, he would have expected her to seek him out at the Lord’s manor. Instead, as he crossed the small bridge over the river and came upon the village’s main road, he saw her signature silhouette. The inn was one of the first buildings into the town and just next to it was the small restaurant that specialized in soups, stews and breads but of course they also served tea and some lighter snacks. He and his companion each carried a bag of various medicinal herbs they had gathered from the forest. Ichiro’s icy blue eyes narrowed. His black hair was combed back, and his shortly kept beard brushed out, but there was unmistakable wear on his tanned skin. Years at sea had aged him considerably, far from the eager youth he once was. He wore his usual blue cloak, and his leather arm guards and jerkin. At his hip, his wakizashi and tanto, though the man was by no means a samurai he like most in this region had been trained in Yoshin. “You look like you’ve seen a ghost” the bronze-skinned woman with pale white eyes spoke out, noticing the way Ichiro froze and stared off as they entered the village. “Aye, ye might not be wrong” the man answered, still staring ahead. “You know her?” Sumire asked skeptically. She had thought they had already reunited with most of his old friends and neighbors, those that still lived anyway. “She gave me this” he said in response, thumbing at the ring on his right index finger. There was almost a hint of jealously in the woman’s expression, though it was obvious the ring was not one with romantic intent, it bore the twisting snake and arrow symbol of a particular group of people, those followers of Hiraku Kenji in the pursuit of knowledge.

Without another word as he walked the man approached the outdoor table, nodding to the woman and her companion as he approached. “It’s been a long time, Suzume” he said as he came within a few meters before pulling up a chair for himself and Sumire and joining their table. He had honestly wondered if he would ever see her again. There seemed to be so few left in the organization and many of their contacts had been killed or displaced throughout the war. Of course, Ichiro himself had a massive network of connections through the entire fleet of pirates that he had contact with. And having his own outposts on the Island of Bear Mountain as well as lava island and some lingering contacts in Knowledge country he was able to dip his fingers in piracy, smuggling operations, and information gathering. And when they traveled by land, he and Sumire offered their services as healers in exchange only for food and lodging.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Willoria

Old Friends, Young Faces

Post by Willoria » Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:20 am

The moment the man and his companion approached the table, Rina's hand went to her sword. But immediately Suzume's left hand came up with a trail of a wispy black chakra as a signal to stop her. "Relax, my dear Rina." she practically purred at the other woman. She tilted her head as Ichiro sat down and addressed her, the little bells on her takegasa ringing quietly at the movement. Her lips quirked in a little smile as she looked at the man and her eyes flitted only briefly to his companion before turning back to him. "Has it been? Doesn't feel so long." she remarked. "Hm... first time we met I was so on edge I put a sword to your chin... I had other thoughts by the end of our meeting." She grinned by the time she was done talking and her gaze turned fully to Sumire with him at that.

Rina rolled her eyes behind Suzume, flicking at one of the bells on the woman's takegasa as if reminding her she could hear her.

Suzume snorted in a bit of a laugh before glancing up at the woman and looking to Ichiro again with a shake of her head. Her hand however drifted up to her shoulder where Rina's hand rested, her fingers trailing across Rina's affectionately without a word. "So how has my dear pirate kept himself busy then?" she asked, ignoring another flick of her bells from Rina though a small smirk indicated she certainly knew it had happened and clearly loved to irk the woman.

If Sumire were to look at Rina she'd see the woman meet her gaze and simply shake her head in annoyance.
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

Izanagi

Old Friends, Young Faces

Post by Izanagi » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:34 pm

Ichiro huffed in amusement at the wariness of Suzume's guard. Half the people in this village were swordsmen or could easily poison others with the local toxins. Though, it was good instincts he supposed to discen he likely was one of the more dangerous individuals, in no small part due to his training in ninjutsu which set him apart from the others. So too could he discern that the woman was a skilled fighter, it was a confrontation he would rather avoid though he was confident it wouldn't come to that. Despite what surely had been a tumultuous few years for Suzume, Ichiro's loyalty towards the organization had never faltered and he had continued to send updates through whatever means he could. Whether they reached her or not he couldn't say.

The man nodded as he and Sumire each set down their basket style backpacks, filled to the brim with various herbs, plants and a few small creatures wrapped up in cloth sacks. "Six years, almost seven. You look good" he noted, his attentive eyes brrimming with intelligence as a smirk crossed his rugged features. "It's a shame I keep a policy of separating business and pleasure" he flirted lightly. It was only natural he had picked up a little charm over the years. Working with so many types of people and travelling the world one had to learn to be personable. Though Sumire was quick to call him out on his claim. "Oh? I'll remember that the next time you come stumbling into my bed then expect a new supply of product in the morning" she teased, leaning back in her chair before reaching out to stroke the man's beard playfully. As she reached out the small blue mushrooms growing from her wrist would be clearly visible.

The man shrugged. "Aye, s'pose there be a few exceptions" he admitted. He had certainly come to appreciate drinking with the crew. As it were most of the men were at the brothel or the tavern despite it only being midday, though Ichiro at least kept his vices to the waning hours of the day. Sumire only rolled her eyes and then began to watch the way the women interacted practically undressing them with her eyes. She was a rather open and spirited individual and certainly her and Ichiro were not a couple in the traditional sense, simply close friends and partners. "You look like you need to relax a little, Rina" she seemed to pur. "Do you want a little nibble?" She offered, stretching out her hand and exposing the small mushrooms on her wrist further. "Just a little taste will lighten your mood and bring wonderful relaxation. A full mushroom will have you out of your mind for hours but it's a wonderful experience I assure you" she explained as she leaned forward onto the table and hoped the woman would take her up on the offer. She was very curious to see how much fun she could have with her.

Ichiro however was less entertained. Slapping her wrist out of the way he looked at her sternly. "Sumire. This is business, not pleasure" he insisted. He was sure the bodyguard wouldn't get high during such a meeting, even if it was only a small dose. "Should I order some drinks then?" She countered, grinning slyly. Another look and she sat back into her chair again. "As you can see I've had my hands full. But business has been good. Sumire can create mushrooms with remarkable healing properties as well as one's that yield a potent high or in small doses can be brewed in a tea that is excellent at improving mood and overall happiness. We distribute to ports across the world and have the backing of Jinjeku island and the pirate King at our disposal. But I am also formally a scholar of Knowledge country, having worked with them throughout the war. I can get advanced blueprints and access to new scientific discoveries, many of which I have already sold and distributed to smaller nations." He explained. His more casual accent from his time with pirates slipping away entirely as his educated background came to the forefront. "Aside from the shinobi villages of course, I can go anywhere without suspicion; healer, scholor or a simple merchant. We wear many hats and each of them provide plentiful opportunities for information and wealth" he elaborated, smiling as he thought of what a journey it had been to establish such connections. "On second thought. Drinks" he decided, looking to Sumire as she excitedly bounced out of her chair and went inside to fetch a server.

Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi

Willoria

Old Friends, Young Faces

Post by Willoria » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:58 pm

Suzume snorted a laugh as Sumire outed Ichiro for his mixture of 'business and pleasure' with the other woman, smirking across the table at the man while raising an eyebrow at this little revelation. Though Sumire's offer of mushrooms earned a glare from Rina as Suzume laughed again. "I'm afraid my bodyguard is a little too tightly... wound... for such an indulgence." she admitted, giggling quietly.

Of course at the word 'wound', Rina's eyes suddenly went wide as she looked down sharply. The other two wouldn't have seen it from where they sat, but a tendril had snaked out from Suzume's cloak to try and wrap around Rina's leg when she said it, causing the woman to suddenly jump back in shock, turning red to the tips of her ears. "Suz!" she hissed out.

Suzume of course giggled again, reaching up to remove her takegasa and setting it aside as she listened to Ichiro speak and explain what he'd been up to over the years. Though as he ordered drinks the woman gave a wave of her hand. "Don't waste your money on any for me." she said curtly. "Drinks, your mushrooms, none of it would do a thing for me really."

Rina quickly moved to Suzume's side again, bending down to whisper in her ear. "Suzume! It's key-!" But she was quickly cut off as a tendril seemed to whip out of her sleeve and wrap around her neck. It didn't tighten, it merely held her in place, signifying that she should stop speaking. The woman stopped, and when the tendril released her, she took a step back with a glare.

"He is Chishiki, Rina. He can be trusted." Suzume said seriously for a moment, though through the entire interaction her eyes remained on Ichiro. "Truth is, my friend, there has been one change, a rather dramatic one at that." As she spoke the henge fell away to reveal the woman's true visage as she leaned back in the chair. Black chakra swirled and moments later her beauty was gone to reveal stretched skin held together by stitches and tendrils, all signs of the same Earth Grudge Fear her father had had. "At some point I guess I became more like my father than I thought I would..."

Rina was visibly bristling, after all it wasn't necessarily Ichiro seeing the transformation that had worried her, but the woman with him, and those around them.

Izanagi

Old Friends, Young Faces

Post by Izanagi » Tue Mar 08, 2022 4:32 pm

Ichiro only shrugged and smirked at Suzume’s raised eyebrow. His companion was a woman that had a knack for pleasure, enhancing experiences of the mind and body, and he would be a fool to not take advantage of that every now and then. Though in response to the glare and Suzume’s comment, Sumire bit her lip, “Oh I’m sure she is” she chimed in, laughing lightly to herself. It certainly seemed that Suzume would know. She wondered what the two of them were like when they were alone. Rina seemed like quite the devoted and considerate type. It was enough to almost make her envious, women were always better for that sort of connection and spending so much time around pirates it had been a while since she had a softer touch.

Suzume’s playfulness was somewhat surprising to Ichiro. He wasn’t sure he had seen this side of her before. But she did seem happier, or at least in better company than the last time he had seen her. Though as Sumire went off to fetch some ale, Suzume’s revelations and her change began to come to light. The experienced wayfarer narrowed his eyes, cocking his head slightly sideways as he curiously waited for her to elaborate. For a decade now he had searched for some form of immortality for himself, hoping to extend his lifespan so that he could remain in his prime and gather knowledge and networks of his businesses for decades, perhaps centuries to come. And ultimately, he would gain the power to slice out of corner of the world for himself to rule from the shadows and keep his village safe and prosperous no matter the cost.

When he saw the tendril snake out and wrap around Rina’s neck, he understood immediately what she had done. “You did it then” he breathed in amazement, his eyes wide with wonder and an insatiable thirst for knowledge. He wanted to study her, to replicate the body modification and come up with his own version. Naturally, he found himself leaning forward, eyes scrutinizing every aspect of her as his hands inched closer. And as the transformation ended and black chakra swirled around, he found himself laughing in delight. Just as Sumire and a middle-aged server woman came out from the building, holding a tray of three large mugs of ale. The woman staggered backward, the drinks sloshing around and spilling slightly but remarkably her reflexes kept them on the tray. “A…demon” she stammered in disbelief, pale and wide eyed. “What the fuck” Sumire said bluntly, eyes darting to Ichiro as her own body began to glow with a wisp of chakra as she held out a hand and flowed her own powers into the ground.

Similarly, a pair of guards near the bridge reacted, turning and drawing their Wakizashi, “Lord Takeda, get back!” one of them yelled out. To all of which Ichiro stood up suddenly, hands raised high in the air, “Easy everyone! Mayu, Takiko, Ruri” he said, one by one making eye contact and addressing each local by name. Slowly he lowered his hands, turning his attention between Sumire and Rina who seemed an instant away from attacking one another. “Easy. We’re all friends here. These women are my guests. No harm will come to them, and none will come to you!” he assured, looking at them each once more in the eye before they slowly nodded and accepted his decision. The guards sheathed their weapons and returned to their posts and the sever smiled nervously and placed the mugs on the table, her hands shaking slightly but she seemed to be putting it past her. Even she carried a knife at her hip and had the look of someone who had killed her fare share of wild beasts and broken up many fights. “This is where I grew up, my family has led this village for three generations.” He explained. “Sometimes it’s not a bad thing to carry on the family legacy. I look forward to the day this is all mine, and you know I long for a gift similar to yours…If I could study you perhaps?” he considered, measuring his words carefully. He knew he had asked before and Suzume had teased him with the idea then and he had worked diligently to provide invaluable to Chishiki so that one day he would be awarded such power.

Slowly Ichiro sat back down and beckoned Sumire to do the same where she immediately downed her entire mug. It was unlikely Rina would have hers anyway. “Thank the goddess I didn’t get high this morning, that would have been a bad trip. And you want to become like that?” she questioned Ichiro rather brazenly. She knew he enjoyed the physical aspects of life, drinking, food, sex. She could never imagine living without such pleasures as was surely the cost of such an abomination to one’s body. One day she would become a living mushroom, consumed by their growth but that was in accordance with the Divine goddess of nature who had blessed her people with such powers. And in the meantime, she would enjoy every aspect of life and her vibrant youth and beauty while it still lasted. “I do. I want power and immortality, at any cost” he admitted, seemingly drunk with the concept before he had even had his first sip of ale. Drinking some back, he tasted it with the thought of never enjoying it again. Never feeling the lightness and jovial presence of drunkenness. And it was a sacrifice he would readily make.

Willoria

Old Friends, Young Faces

Post by Willoria » Tue Mar 08, 2022 5:39 pm

Suzume's expression didn't shift as Ichiro took in the sight of her and made his remark. In truth, she hadn't done anything, it had been done to her. But he had no way of knowing that, he had no idea it had been an accident or that she detested the transformation entirely. Her stare was broken when she heard a comment about a demon, and turned her head to look at the server. She grinned widely, letting her tendril stitches pull at her lips as she did so and her mouth cracking open in the grin to show a mouth full of the tendrils behind her tongue. "No. The Oni's Daughter, dearie." she cooed with a giggle for punctuation. Of course as the people around her started to react to her transformation, her giggle turned to outright raucous laughter.

Though Rina's reaction was hardly one of mirth as the woman dropped quickly into a ready stance with her hand on her weapon, her eyes scanning the people around her. "Damn it, Suz... keep a lid on your crazy will you?"

Suzume's laughter only died down as the people around her seemed to calm and Ichiro began to explain further, turning his attention back to her. But her smile quickly vanished as he went on to make clear that the Earth Grudge Fear was something he still wanted. He even asked to study her. But Suzume didn't answer, she simply stared at him. Her eyes didn't leave him as his partner questioned him, but her eyes snapped away briefly when he made clear he didn't care what the sacrifices were. Slowly black chakra began to roll off the woman like smoke. "You don't care the cost, because you don't know." Suzume whispered. Behind her Rina swallowed hard and took her hand off her weapon but moved slowly to step up beside her, watching her warily.

"Suzume... you said he's your friend..." Rina said quietly. "Remember that."

"Do you know what true rage feels like, Ichiro?" Suzume asked, seeming to ignore Rina as she stood. At least, she moved as if she stood. Her movement was strange, her body moving forward as her cloak slipped away. Her tendrils slipped through the stiching of the rest of her body. She didn't so much move around the table as she simply seemed to move through it, or rather it moved through her as she pressed forward. Her tendrils rolling over and around it. "How about feeling nothing but rage? Pure, unadulterated rage every moment of your life? How will you protect anything when you're nothing but a being of rage? You'll have no humanity left, no touch, no pleasure, no taste, no hunger, just anger at the empty and the void.." her voice built into a low snarl as the black chakra built around her.

And within a moment Rina was beside her, her back to Ichiro and Sumire as her hand vanished into the tendrils where Suzume's chest had been. Suzume's advancement stopped as she froze and looked down. Rina kept her eyes on Suzume. "Forgive her, Ichiro-Sama. Madness is a side effect too. In a moment she won't even remember what she just said to you."

Izanagi

Old Friends, Young Faces

Post by Izanagi » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:27 pm

Ichiro watched the woman cautiously, he had a morbid fascination with the bizarre and those that had ascended humanity, but he too knew the dangers of associating with such beings. He recoiled, making a displeased expression as his eyes narrowed. He hadn’t noticed it until now, she was different not just in her appearance but her mind. Years of trying to carry on Kenji’s legacy, had she created an entirely new persona and lost herself in it? Or was her mind fractured from what she had become. Not everyone could bear the weight of casting aside their humanity after all.

Sumire had reached for Rina’s mug of ale, though at the blonde woman’s comments and Suzume’s growing instability, she instead slid her chair back, continuing the technique she had started just moments before. Whatever Ichiro had said, it was clear he didn’t know this woman like he thought he did. They might have to actually kill her or at least escape. The people similarly were on edge, everyone around refusing to get close, closing up buildings as guards ushered people to stay off the streets and return to their homes.

The Oni’s daughter spoke of the cost of immortality and Ichiro continued to observe her, his icy blue eyes absorbing the new information readily. “You’re unhinged” he realized; his mood soured by this revelation. Now he had to discern if it was a problem with the procedure or simply an issue with the candidate. From what he could tell her form was the same as Kenji’s; the Earth Grudge Fear. He would have to research it further and determine if Kenji had also suffered from bouts of insanity and how he had overcome it, if he had at all. He hadn’t seen any such signs when he had met him, but it was clear such traits came and went and it was entirely possible he was afflicted as well. In such case, he would have to find a different form of immortality or find a way to overcome that side effect. After all, his mind was his greatest weapon, and it would be futile to achieve immortality if he couldn’t retain his intelligence, ambition and sense of self.

He, therefore, considered Suzume’s warning seriously, he would simply have to be more careful before making that leap beyond humanity. Though as she advanced, his expression became cold. She was starting to seem like she might be a problem, more trouble than she was worth. Though perhaps it was simply a dramatic display and she meant no harm. Still, it was best to be cautious. He slammed his mug down, forming a brief set of handseals as an aura of lightning crackled around him, “No closer, Suzume” he warned as he drew his wakizashi. Sumire leapt backward as her mushroom knight rose from the ground, 3 meters tall and wielding a shield and club similarly made of dense mushroom, the construct slammed its shield down against the edge of the table, keeping a barrier between Ichiro and Suzume. At this point he wasn’t she Suzume was still his ally, he hardly knew the woman honestly, she was a means to an end, and he didn’t wish to sever ties to a valuable resource if he could help it. But if she was unstable, she was no longer valuable and if she attacked him he would be forced to act in self defense. Though killing her could be problematic with the threat of Kenji looming. His mind raced and he came to the conclusion that he should simply incapacitate her if possible if it came to that. “You’ve given me something to consider. Such rage would be…problematic. Does Kenji know you’ve been afflicted in such a way?” he wondered stepping out just enough that he could peer past the shield, while keeping most of his body behind it.

Ichiro’s perceptive gaze watched the way Rina calmed the woman. Curious. That was something to take note of. A weak point perhaps? Or simply an intimate gesture by a lover? Either way it seemed effective in returning the woman to her senses. Perhaps then so long as Rina was around Suzume could still be useful and contained. Ichiro stepped back, gesturing for Sumire to stand down again as the mushroom knight slowly backed up and lowered its club, though it kept its shield close to Ichiro and ready to respond. “The Hiraku family seem to have a flair for the dramatic, though no harm no foul, as they say” he responded whimsically, seeming relatively unphased by the intimidation. He had been in many precarious situations and though he felt nervous from such displays he could at least pretend he wasn’t seconds away from attempting to trap and electrocute her.
Jutsu UsedShow
Sumire:
Mushroom Knight
A-Ranked Kinojutsu
The user gathers Mycorrhiza and sends it to a mushroom within an area equal to the user's Endurance in meters of them. The mushroom grows rapidly into a 3-meter tall, 2-meter-wide mushroom warrior with a wide protective mushroom cap atop its head, as well as a large mouth, and thick powerful arms and legs. On its left arm is a 1-meter diameter mushroom head growing out of its arm, acting as a shield and its right hand wields a sturdy mushroom that’s head is compact acting like a bludgeoning mace. This warrior is incapable of speaking though can obey commands and can travel no more than 2 miles from the user before rooting itself down and going dormant until they come back within range.
Strength: 30
Speed: 20
Endurance: 30

Ichiro:
*Raiton • Lightning Armament
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After the correct hand seals are performed, the user coats themselves in a thick layer of lightning. This armour of lightning forms near instantly and requires [Control] Strength to break. During this time, the user's physical strikes apply the Raiton shocking effect.
Last edited by Izanagi on Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Willoria

Old Friends, Young Faces

Post by Willoria » Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:53 pm

Rina thought she had a good hold on Suzume, but somehow this time seemed very different than the time she had lost her temper on Kenji. Perhaps it was the simple fact that Suzume had never sought out the power, and Ichiro seemed to desire it so much. But something had flipped a switch inside the woman. And so in spite of Rina holding on to her heart, a simple touch that should be enough to cause extreme pain, Suzume made one last attempt to get past Rina. One of her tendrils shot out, but Rina stepped to the side to intercept it, grunting as the tendril went through her shoulder and immediately stopped. Suzume looked up at the woman in shock even as Rina quickly gave Suzume's heart a squeeze and Suzume went limp.

Rina carefully placed Suzume on the ground with a weary sigh. "She's going to be unconscious for a little while..." she said cautiously as she straightened up, pursing her lips for a moment. "...at least what passes for unconscious for her." she added before looking at Ichiro and his companions. "We have a camp just outside town I can take her to for her to rest this moment off if you'd like to join me." The woman seemed to either be ignoring the wound in her right shoulder, or simply very good at maintaining some kind of bearing in spite of it considering the blood running down her clothing already. She looked at Ichiro in particular for a moment. "I'm sorry, she normally isn't that bad. The only time she got this bad otherwise was her reunion with Kenji... from what he said when talking to her though I'm afraid the madness and anger are both very normal for users of this....thing. He mentioned having wrestled with it himself, just claims to have a much better handle on it."

Rina would carefully pick up Suzume who, in spite of being in a state akin to unconsciousness, she did not loose her shape or form and almost seemed to be sleeping peacefully as she rested against Rina.

Return to “Other Countries”