[Closed] My Beloved's Home

Kat x Ty x Truth

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:59 pm

The quiet mist that drifted in from the sea in the mornings was haunting in a way. Even with Kazue's reassurances, it was with trepidation that he departed for his grueling training every morning. It occluded their vision of the sea, of their surroundings. It made them blind to the dangers that sought them from across the ocean, and Hiji was not so trusting so as to assume that Kirigakure's shinobi would not capitalize on those opportunities. If he could afford to train near the house, he would. But the one advantage he had was their lack of knowledge. It was a risk he was taking, but it was a necessary one. Ever since that day with the shinobi and the boat, Hiji's dreams had been plagued by the sight of the dojo in old Tea burnt to the ground. He remembered the smell of grief so clearly, sickeningly reminiscent of ash and burned wood pulp. He remembered how powerless he'd felt with the knowledge that someone he loved had been taken... and he hadn't been there to protect her. It didn't occur to him exactly how present that bitterness was still in his heart until recently. He'd only been able to forgive himself for Suzume because he'd done everything he could just to survive through the hell of war that the world had been engulfed in. This was not a war. They were not separated. He was not powerless. This time, there would be no excuses, no forgiveness for himself if Kazue was taken from him. He... he wasn't strong enough.

He wasn't strong enough to lose another person he loved like that. He never would be.

He'd taken a few minutes to quickly clean himself after his training in a cold river. Kazue had been too occupied with other matters recently, and it felt cruel for him to burden her with anything else. She'd also been suffering from a strange bout of stomach illness, most often in the morning. He made sure that she was well and at least ate before he left for his training. His mind had been entertaining possibilities as to why she would be dealing with this only now. Was it truly an illness? Was it due to stress? Or was it something else? It couldn't have been due to their night of passion at the hot springs... could it? His memories drifted back to the intensity of that night, their confessions to each other... And then his focus inevitably drifted to the day that boat had come. It was the day he had intended to propose to her, and the tears she had shed upon understanding what had been awakened still felt like they were dripping down his chest into his tunic. His hand clenched in anger, and even though he was fatigued, a new well of energy surged within him, one of grim determination and quiet but seething ferocity.

The house and barn soon came into view. He took a moment to stop at the edge of the yard and opened his senses to the world around him. Sharp indigo eyes perused the scene, looking, hearing, and feeling for the sounds of unwelcome visitors. When dealing with shinobi, one could never be too careful. The silence was all that he heard. Proceeding carefully, he made his way toward the barn, still ever alert. "My love, I have returned," he called to her. The tension that rested within his breast would not leave him until he saw her face.

Willoria
User flair: Heart of Gold, Encased in Stone.

Post by Willoria » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:17 pm

Kazue meanwhile was still hugging the man she now realized was her twin brother. The memories were slow, but they were starting to come back. His comments about her being a bitch about their very slight age difference made her chuckle even though her head was still buried against his neck. "...that name still doesn't sound right." she admitted, sniffling a bit as she finally released him and took a step back. She rest her hands on his shoulders and took a look at him, almost as if taking a proper look at him finally. She reached up a hand to mess with his hair a bit again before grasping his chin with two fingers to look at his face and look him in the eyes and shake her head. "But... you're my twin brother... you're Ryu... that sounds-that feels right." she said quietly as she finally released him and ran a hand through her hair. For a moment she pinched the bridge of her nose against a headache that was starting to nag her all the more, but before she could complain about it she heard Hijikata's voice call out to her.

"That's Hijikata." she said quietly, tears gathering in her eyes again almost instantly as dread and realization surfaced once more. "Seeing you, your village symbol and all, that's going to scare the hell out of him..." She looked at Ryu with her eyes wide for a moment, almost as if pleading with him. "I-I-I know there's no choice in this... regardless what I do and don't remember I have to go back but please... I really do love him, Ryu..."

She swallowed hard and turned quickly away. She moved to the other side of the fire to make sure she would be between Hijikata and Ryu, with her brother a few meters behind her as she finally answered her love. "I'm in here, Hiji!" she called out in response, trying to blink away tears that threatened to spill. "We have a guest! He's family!" she added, her hands shaking slightly as she couldn't help but fear what might come next. 'Will he know as soon as he sees Ryu? We share the same hair and eyes, even if Ryu did cut his...'
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:25 pm

Ryu embraced his sister tightly, feeling the warmth of her hug brought a few tears to his own eyes, though he quickly wiped them away as she took a step back to screw with him. Messing with his hair, grabbing at his chin, treating him like a child - If it weren't for how long he'd been searching for her, he'd be deeply upset by these acts. It was emasculating to say the least, but he'd let it slide... It just meant that she really was starting to remember. And then, both of them heard a voice calling out the name 'Kazue'. Without blinking Ryu's hand fell to the sword at his side, but Amaya quickly made clear that this was her... The man she'd spend her time with.

"Amaya... I get that, but..." No, he couldn't bring himself to tell her how likely it was that the boy might die if he tried to resist on her behalf. He couldn't sour this, it wasn't right. He'd let out a small sigh and nod to her, letting her get between them as she clearly intended to, but added one thing before the man would join them. "I won't start anything, but I will finish it if I need to." It was the best he could do...
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:25 pm

Kazue's murmuring could be heard even before he'd made it to the threshold of the barn door. He heard a second voice, a man. He sounded young. His warrior's spirit awoke. Someone else was here. A threat? He wasn't sure. Kazue's voice then rang out. She beckoned him forward... but no, wait. Her tone. Something was amiss. Did she sound... afraid? He cursed inwardly. Someone had come. If they cut a single hair on her head, he would-

The word "family" left her lips, and Hiji paused. Family. Family? He knew it was a possibility, but even with all she'd remembered up until now, she'd never-

"It isn't just about the things I might've done, Hiji... I might've had family. I think... I think I had a brother."

A brother. She had a brother. And he was here. If he was here, he was a shinobi. And if he was here, he had come to take her away.

His spirit immediately sharpened, more vicious and lethal than any sword. No. This would not happen. Not again. Not after they'd found peace and happiness in each other. They would not pay the price for the arrogance of others. His hand drifted toward his katana-

"I don't know who or what I left behind... I need more answers. If I'm going to move forward, I need more answers."

His hand stopped, and that spirit wavered. More images: the pain of admitting her lost memories; the relief in her eyes when he'd promised her his love regardless of who or what she had been; the stoic sunsets she'd spent gazing out to sea, clearly searching for answers from the home she didn't know she'd lost; the uncertainty that had always rest at the corners of her eyes before they confessed to each other. She... she deserved to know. She deserved the closure, and her brother deserved to see his long-lost sister... but she deserved to be happy, too. Proposal or no, ring or no, Kazue was his love. They deserved the same chance every other person in this world seemed to be offered. What cruel power had made them the exception? His hand slowly dropped back to his side, and his warrior's spirit quieted once more, but his fist remained clenched, and he remained where he stood, nary twenty paces away from their bed. "My love, please push the screen to the side... so that I might see our guest more clearly," he calmly requested.

His tone was... something. Kazue had never heard such a voice from him. Even Hiji himself didn't know what he sounded like. If a voice could sound conflicted, perhaps that was accurate enough to convey the sound that came from his throat. This was not merely to inhibit his own ferocity, of course; it was entirely possible this was still a ruse or a trap. And even if it wasn't... he didn't trust himself enough right now to be able to honor Kazue's wishes if he got any closer.

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:38 pm

Kazue was already frowning as Ryu made his comments, but her frown only deepened as Hiji asked her to move the screen. She did as she was asked, giving Hiji a strange look as she didn't entirely understand why he wasn't coming close enough to see Ryu for himself. She could almost feel tension from either man, a tension that overwhelmed her, leaving her to wonder if she was about to be in the middle of some kind of fight. 'No... neither would be dumb enough to fight over me without actual hostility from the other... right?' she found herself doubting, and moved to close the distance between herself and Hiji to put a hand on his chest for a moment. "This is Kazuki Ryu... he's my twin brother." she told him quietly, glancing back at Ryu for a moment before turning her eyes back to Hijikata. She could almost feel the tension coming off of him in a wave under her hand, even as she'd try to kiss him on the lips briefly. "Come, we should all sit." She felt like she had to try, she suddenly found herself between the two most important people in her life, even if one of them was only recently remembered.

With a heavy sigh she made her way back to the fire and sat down on one of the stools, motioning to both men that they should sit as well before she started preparing a pot for tea. She had a fairly simple set up for such a thing, but it worked. A set of coals had been cleared towards the edge but still kept the heat of the fire where she placed the tea pot. She had a small low table where she set three cups as she prepared them and she sighed quietly to herself as she hoped the two men might find their own way to relax in the moment.

Though she wasn't sure that was possible considering she knew what might happen before the day was out. Ryu was here to take her back to Kiri after all, and Hiji had lost love before. '...and he has no idea the extent of it if I go.'
The Tales of the Aes Sedai Fukusha Reina - Iwagakure No Sato - Jounin - #EF2B2D Atsushi Cho - Tea Country - D Rank Samurai - #A34402 Hanzo - Sunagakure No Sato - Genin - #35C4AF

TyDie

Post by TyDie » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:56 pm

The red haired chuunin crossed his arms and took in a deep breath as the screen was moved by Amaya, his eyes falling on the rather plain looking samurai with a cold stare. "Hmph." Was the only greeting he offered, clearly unhappy about his reunion being interrupted. However close Amaya may have been to this Hiji, Ryu didn't have to like him, and he didn't intend to. However, as Amaya motioned for all three of them to sit, Ryu would look to his sister, and in that moment his entire demeanor shifted. When he looked at Hiji he was distrusting and cold, but when he looked at his sister... He was almost sad. So much time he had missed out on, so much to catch up on, he couldn't help but nod to the woman's desire.

"As you wish, sister." He'd take a seat near the fire, across from wherever Hiji sat. The more distance and obstacles he kept between him and the samurai, the less likely he was to lash out at him in anger. "We can't tarry though. The boat leaves tomorrow."
Active Characters
Village of OriginCharacter Name & LinkRankColor
Sunagakure no SatoHenrin EmiGenin[color=darkgoldenrod][b][/b][/color]
Konohagakure no SatoIbakuro AiyaChuunin[color=#8CD600][/color]
Sunagakure no SatoKouseki TakumaGenin[color=#003893][b][/b][/color], [b][color=#AFBCDB][/color][/b]
Kirigakure no SatoKazuki RyuChuunin[color=#dc143c][/color], [b][color=#C71585][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoHiraku KenjiBannin S-Rank Missing Ninja[b][color=slategray][/color][/b]
Iwagakure No SatoFukusha JinsaiJounin[color=#BF0000][/color], [b][glow=orangered][color=#000000][/color][/glow][/b]

ShinobiTruth

Post by ShinobiTruth » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:18 pm

Despite how much spite they held for each other, the two men in this moment were united in their affection for this woman, one as a sibling and the other as a lover. His chilly demeanor aside, Hiji likewise softened when it came to Kazue, leaning his brow against hers and momentarily closing his eyes as they shared a brief and gentle kiss. His eyes opened, and he could not hide the worry within his gaze as he looked at her. The haughtiness and arrogance in this man’s voice was as unpleasant as it was unsurprising, and the humble samurai found his presumptuous attitude distasteful. But his beloved desperately wanted there to be peace between them, even in the face of these shinobi trying to tear her from his arms. For her sake, he would endure whatever hardships there might be in this meeting.

Taking his seat across from the young man, Hiji allowed himself to be served by Kazue. He had plenty of words to say to the shinobi, but none of them were conducive to a productive conversation. Instead, he took the initiative in trying to establish peace. ”I hope your journey here was without incident, young man,” he offered quietly. Hiji was not so tolerant that he’d give a smile or hide the glinted edge in his gaze. Neither of them were fools. Neither of them wanted the other to be here. But he could at least be polite.

He said nothing on the comment about the boat, but he felt a fresh wave of rage begin to bubble forth, which he quickly tamped down. ’If he thinks I’ll tacitly stand by as he takes her away… then he sorely underestimates my resolve,’ Hiji promised internally, back straight and poised with the dignity and calm instilled in him by his parents. ’Kazue’s just as much, if not more so, my family now as she is his. And she deserves to be happy.’

Willoria

Post by Willoria » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:47 pm

Kazue finished pouring the tea and served a cup each to Ryu and Hiji before sitting back down with a cup in her hand. She found herself staring into it and wishing it was sake or something even stronger however. She could feel the tension between the two, almost flinching as Ryu mentioned the boat as if her traveling with him was already decided. And all it took was a glance at Hijikata to see he had already decided she was staying. She took a single sip from her cup that downed half of its contents before setting it down and sighing as she suddenly drew the khyber knife from it's sheath on her lower back. She held it in her hands, the hilt in one hand, the sharpened tip between two fingers of her other hand, as she slowly turned it in thought.

"I swear it's like both of you have already decided how today ends... regardless of how I feel about it." she said quietly. "Do neither of you have any love or respect for me at all?" Her question came out as almost a snarl as she leveled a slow stare at each of them in turn. She sighed heavily again as she looked down at the knife in her hands. 'I don't want any of this... I don't want this choice... I want my family, both families... I want my answers to my past...'

She let silence hang in the air for awhile, her thoughts running rampant before speaking to her twin, though her eyes remained on the knife in her hands. "Ryu... what happens if I don't go back? What are the repercussions?"

Return to “Other Countries”