Waterfall Thunderdome! Setting up a battle for (all) the ages!

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

Post by Kanade » Thu May 26, 2022 7:27 pm

Waterfall country. Why was it called waterfall country when there was like, only six waterfalls? Chiaki looked at the map once more, scratched her head, and sighed. Maido said, ‘waterfall country’ but Chiaki was almost the worst at directions, Theraveda was the actual worst, but she was the second worst. The sun was above her right shoulder which meant, wait was it midmorning or mid-afternoon?

Well, she was lost.

A bird flew high above her and cawed out its laughter at her being as directions-averse as she was Chiaki put her pack down and brushed a loose red-strand of hair out of the way with a frustrated sigh. “There was a reason that I was never leader of a group myself, I can’t find my way back to the village, much less to a secret hideout-cha.” She looked around and wondered if she was even in, remotely, the right area.

She might as well take out her midmorning snacks and eat them now, whether it was before noon or after noon didn’t really matter, she was hungry now, and she didn’t want to lose her energy. Not before seeing ‘the blood-witch’.

To be honest, Chiaki didn’t know why Maido was called that. Yes, she did use blood, but the term witch was a bit antiquated, and she didn’t brew things in a big black cauldron, nor did she have the witches’ cackle.

She thought, as she bit into her bento that she had made that morning, that she would enjoy the new line of jutsu that she had thought of, the Iijutsu food concentration. Of course, it wouldn’t work without Maido’s help with her research into stem-cell chakra, and that meant that she had to help with the ThunderDome idea.

Chiaki had expressed that the Raikage already had one in Kumogakure, and Maido had laughed in her face at it. Apparently a ‘thunderdome’ was some sort of tournament in which contestants would be able to compete without seriously hurting or killing each other for prize money. While it sounded like a perfectly barbaric way of earning prize money, she did enjoy training with no holds barred with someone, knowing that they would be fine when they came out of it.

In order to do that, though, they needed a thunderdome, and Chiaki needed to learn Kouton. In order for that to happen, she had to find Maido, and in order for that to happen- she looked down and a piece of her tuna-roll dropped onto the open map below her. She frowned and flicked it off with her foot and stared down at it, munching on the sushi - in order for the whole of the plan to work, she had to get un-lost first.

Well, maybe a miracle would happen.
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Sia
User flair: I am made to protect and destroy.

Post by Sia » Thu May 26, 2022 9:24 pm

The first thing Maido did after her encounter with Shinjiro was to delve further into Waterfall Country after an intense and rigorous scouting exercise with Yggramasil, Substiwolf, Hisayo, and Kayoko. In a flash, they had brought upwards some structure. The wood was chiseled away, it writhed with live chakra. It splintered and shattered, grew stronger by the moment, and writhed and reeked of blood. The smell faded, eventually, but the color it had stained in in aa most beautiful ornate and artsy sort of fashion was remarkable and splendid. Deep, deep, in the heart of Waterfall Country, Maido had set up the tables, within the bar. All wood furnishing with posh rugs here and there on the floor, it was dimly, darkly lit, and Hisayo and Kayoko could be found seated at a dark black and red table near the corner, eyeing the entrance of the room occasionally and talking amongst themselves.

Maido caught up with them, and conversed about Chiaki. "Yeah, she's a good one, I hope she doesn't change too much from the transformation." Said Kayoko. Hisayo responded, "I think, she has a rather pure heart, unlike Maido, and the transformation will be better for the world." Maido agreed with the both of them, nodding. "That is why I picked her." She said grimly to the two of them. "Who better to turn into the next lightning god than a pure-hearted medical ninja?" Maido said before she channeled her chakra. A deep, dark wave of red and purple chakra flourished over her entire body, beginning with her eyes. Her cloak shifted and turned into a more floating, ebbing sort of texture. It became more velvety, and grew tinges of fur within its liquid folds. Spikes of it bristled, and poked into Maido's flesh. "Hmm. Am I alive?" She thought aloud for a moment. "Neat." She said, then transformed into a wolf on the spot, liquidizing into the form in a display of red and purple chakra.

Some time later, after Maido had left the bar, she took Substiwolf with her, whom lead the way, and she followed behind them, two wolves in the dark. It wasn't even close to midnight, but, the sun was nowhere to be seen. The encroaching mist maido had summoned and the dark clouds with it blotted the sky. She thought of turning the rain to acid, to see how Chiaki might react. She chuckled at the thought though, instead channeling her chakra and extending out her sensory. She shared it with substiwolf, whom scouted ahead immediately. Maido began to channel black and red chakra into her fingertips, and her hand shot out of the wolf's chest. It stabbed into the air, forming a glyph of fuuinjutsu seals in the air of several obnoxious and various elements, ripping Yggdramasil into existence by ripping it through a portal of blood that began to appear out of Substiwolf's chest. Yggdramasil suddenly appeared, and a branch shot outs of its roots, more roots shooting out as well, and moving to attack Substiwolf and Yggdramasil immediately. Yggdramasil was enraged, fueled with chiton and kakujutsu meshed into where its water should be, as well as a helping of tenkujutsu. Roots met Maido's and Substiwolf's feet, launching them high and far through the air, Yggdramasil dispersing back into its other existence immediately and leaving behind an entire tree in its size instead where it had once stood.

Substiwolf and Maido were launched, quite horribly far, through the air. They had to have flown two hundred meters from just the once launch, what with the gliding ninjutsu and the multiple teleportations just to try it out for fun. They both lost count of how much time passed before they touched the ground. Eventually, they did land however, found north, then continued. Eventually, after some twisting, turning, swimming, rock climbing, more launch tests with the great tree, and then flying, Maido felt Chiaki in her sensory range.

"Hello there." Maido said in her wolf form, in a perfectly male voice as she landed from her flash step, coming in from Chiaki's left. She was immediately followed by substiwolf, whom was pulled along behind her by a red octopus tentacle that came out of Maido's back. Maido channeled chakra, turning into a human, and petting Substiwolf. "This is my friend, Substiwolf. She is going to help us with your little project. How big would you really like to make this? I suggest we go scout out the area and pick a place to really turn into a nice establishment. I did see a literal waterfall that would be perfect to stick a building on the side of and then a secret base inside of in the waterfall itself, because, well, of course we did." She pointed at substiwolf. "This girl will find anything. She has a gift for it."

"Tell me, little girl, do you desire power in order to truly help others? Is your heart is pure and naive as I think it is, will you let my tainted, horrible soul guide you through the gift of immortality in a way to become an angel that I have never been? To be better than I ever have?" Maido said to Chiaki suddenly, channeling chakra into her eyes, causing them to glow with red chiton chakra, then purple kakujutsu chakra and black fuuinjutsu chakra. "I think there is a lot of good that we can do with you?"
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Thu May 26, 2022 10:40 pm

“Kami-sama's tits, knock first would you-cha!?” Was the first knee-jerk reaction that Chiaki gave and then squeaked, coughed, started to choke on her sushi and spat it out. A ninja, almost dying to a sushi roll.

Classic.

She looked from one wolf to another, then back to the one wolf, “Maido I presume from the tendrils and dog-form voice-cha?” She lofted an eyebrow, pressing her sternum with her palm so that she could get a breath of air as she coughed a couple of times after the introduction of her to Substiwolf, and vice versa.

She looked around and put a thumb to her chin, stroking the smooth skin she let out a humming noise, a sing-songy humming noise as she airily looked about the place, trying to gauge how big she wanted the arena to be. She didn’t want for people to be able to attack from one end to another, but also not give enough of a space for people to be able to run away forever as well, as they tended to do if they were clearly outmatched. Running away was a tactic, but had no place in a thunderdome.

She closed her eyes and thought of the structure in her head and started to doodle in the dirt at her feet, putting measurements into the design that was floating around in her head. When she was half-way through making the doodle she stopped as Maido paused and asked her why she was wanting to gain power for, what Chiaki thought was, the third time. She gripped the stick and sighed, keeping her eyes on the ground, her own clouding over with the sins of her past, with the failures that she had made, and with the soon-to-be failure of her mother.

Looking up she caught the chakra in the eyes of the blood witch, a silly monacre for someone who was obviously not a witch at all. The ages twist those of pure heart into someone like Maido, and Chiaki suspected that she was looking into the soul of what she could become if she didn’t bare herself right now, and make herself as pure an individual as possible.

Holding up an open palm, her fingers pointed to the sky in a type of half-meditative stance she sighed, “I desire power so that I do not make the same mistakes that I have in the past. In order to get stronger, in order to get the chakra to do miracles, in order to gain the knowledge to make sure that people live out their lives, I need to sacrifice my own mortality-cha.” She looked to the side, then back to Maido, “If I said that it was for completely unselfish reasons I would be lying, and I think that you would know it. I do want to save people, and I have let people die on the operating table because I was too weak-cha.” She clenched the stick and it snapped beneath her fingers, still usable but it left her hand bleeding. She payed it no heed and just gripped the stick a bit further down, where it was undamaged, the frustration rolling off of her in waves until it just left a helplessness, an exposure that she hadn’t even let her friends see, not even Theraveda see.

She went back to the doodle in silence for a small moment before she looked up at Maido, and felt small. She was the ‘little kyoukan’ after all, diminutive in chakra, stature, strength, stamina, and willpower. The little kyoukan fit her. “I want to save my mother, that is the selfish reason that I want power-cha. A shinobi should be willing to let their comrades die for the sake of the village, and she has a heart--” She stopped and tapped the ground to the side of the doodle with her stick, and shook her head, closing her eyes. “I haven’t even told the Raikage-sama this-cha.” She said, and she felt the emotions cling to the insides of her throat, stifling her from making any more mention of her mother.

Clearing her throat and tossing her head to the side a couple of times, so that her hair fell in front of her eyes she continued to doodle and showed Maido the rough sketch of what she had envisioned.

“It’s a dome that will be roughly 600 meters in diameter for what we’ll call the ‘rumble arena’. We’ll need someone with Kouton which I was hoping to be to be able to set up the floors, and the cage on top of the arena so that the spectators don’t get hit by any wild chakra explosions-cha.” she pointed to the dome and then drew a dome around it, “This will be where the spectators will be able to sit in boxes or in the stadium itself, I was thinking that it would be surrounded by another dome which would be able to be lit by Raiton chakra which we can power like the Raiton chakra of the dome in Kumogakure no sato, or we could do it with hydro-electric power. The lights would be able to be self-regenerating chakra lights so that we can have night-rumbles.”

“Over here-cha.” She pointed to the four corners of the dome from birds eye, “we could have different food stands and places where people could bet on spectators and here-cha.” She pointed to a small outcrop where she had drawn a crude box on the outside of the birds eye of the circle, “Will be the thunder-dome immediate medical ninja squadron. I was hoping to set up shop here, but I think that someone more skilled will be needed if I cannot whip myself into shape before the tournament. I don’t know how long this will take, but I am willing to train every day until I can achieve the goal of letting people train, even Kage-level people, without being seriously hurt or killed by the actions-cha.” She nodded, and then she started drawing spirals in the dirt.

“As for me, I want to start a village of medical ninja, or perhaps start an organization of medical ninja that can grow into a village that will be able to go between the villages and not choose sides, heal the wounded from battles, from doing missions that save the country and not tear it apart. We wouldn’t get involved in wars, but we could heal the aftermath of the after-war, we could also go around and heal people that were injured in the capturing of deadly and wanton murderers, and become a safe haven for those people who need to be healed. I want to develop my stem-cell chakra jutsu that I have been theorizing over since I became a chuunin and not hide-cha.” She sighed and looked at Maido, her eyes clear and full of hope, and determination for the future.

“But to do that I need your help-cha.”
~~My characters~~
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389

Sia

Post by Sia » Fri May 27, 2022 7:17 am

Maido drew silent for a long time. The blood witch paused and thought, and materialized her inner half intentionally in front of herself. After a moment, Maido gestured. "Let's go to the field. We can walk and talk." She said softly. "There is someone I would like you to meet." Maido began to perform hand seals, sending black fuuinjutsu chakra out of her hands, ebbing her fingertips, and notably, her lips as well. As she spoke, black fuuinjutsu spit out like acid fire and burned the air black. This continued for the rest of the conversation, sometimes shifting into a red or purple hue, depending on how she spoke and the element she had been channeling the most in that particular moment. "I have been working on something with Shinjiro of the Mist that I think can, by extension, do us a lot of good here." Maido spoke into Chiaki's mind. Maido made direct eye contact with Chiaki and brought both of her own two hands up, performing an acid chiton jutsu that would instantly cause Chiaki to have their muscles stimulated and feel, if they tested it, notably, terribly, faster and stronger for no apparent reason other than Maido had hit her with a green mist.

"That is the type of nonsense I have in mind for you, because I see your lightning inside of you." Maido said. Eventually, Hisayo and Kayoko caught up. "Hello" The both of them said in unison. "Six Hundred Meters you say?" Hisayo poised, Kayoko followed up, "I believe Yggdramasil can do that with some help easily. The scouting was nice, Substiwolf, teleport us out of here I found the field already just go to the clone it's the black sword." Substiwolf began to channel chakra, and Maido did too, Maido shot a red tendril octopus arm out towards each of her allies, and they were each as wide as her own body, exiting from her back. They wrapped around each of them, then the group of them teleported and were yanked with a series of flash steps and half violent octopus tentacle pushes and pulls made of Maido's cloak liquid. They found it, a field, half a cave and half a waterfall as jungle broke out.

"If we invite an Enkouten, I want to turn one eighth of this area into a Lava Combat training zone with an active magma stream. But, it can also be part of the thunderdome arena. I want several different terrains. The lava clan members in Iwa are nice but they don't usually do horribly illegal things save for a few of them I've heard of here and there." She laughed. The rest of the squad caught up to Substiwolf, Maido, and Chiaki, later, after their private chats. "Would you like to decide the first two hundred and ten meters of the arena?" Maido asked Chiaki.

Then, in the middle of the large open field, away from one of the many, many, many nearby waterfalls, Maido performed hand seals and summoned Yggdramasil. Yggdramasil opened its large mouth and released a great spider creature, a large, crab-armored multi-legged menace with an octopus for a head. It crawled out of the mouth of the tree and burrowed underground, causing water to splash out the entire area and begin to purify the area with a mixture of acid chakra and iijutsu chakra, eroding and smoothing and removing grass, fungus, other insects, other critters entirely very quickly. "You see that little fucking nightmare thing? I can't even really begin to tell you what I'd call that. But, that is a gift from our good friend Shinjiro." Maido looked at Chiaki. "For now, you are a human, so, I can only give you the truest wisdom in the form of Chiton, but, I am Elementally Enlightened, and touched by knowledge, I want you to think carefully, and help me design the arena. Terrain is good, because people will have sensory. If we do this characterly, I suggest... We will, be using a lot of Raiton, Suiton, Doton, and fuuinjutsu, back and forth at each other. "At some point, you will want to turn your heart into a core. I will help you. It will contain your life essence, and when I do that to you, it will be on you how to build your body back together. I suggest, this is what I did...." She got quieted. She had never discussed how she personally reincarnates when she sucks her body into a core and is nothing but a core and no more.

"When I transfer my life into a core, The first jutsu I perform immediately is to make an entire new set of limbs out of my preferred element. Knowing that I will need that, I regularly practice my limb growing technique even if I am not without limbs by growing an extra pair of them and doing the same. "If you intend to become made of lightning, train, against me, and defend against my bite attack that will transform you in a more horrible way of immortality, and prove to me that you are capable of regrowing limbs made of raiton fast enough to do it in a thunderdome against seven or more opponents. I imagine, we run two tournaments.... One that is only similar-ranked opponents, and another that is All-Ranked opponents. Reallistically, with the amount of medical ninjutsu we have in House, anything truly bad is fine."

Maido channeled red and black chakra, then a little purple, and a pair of limbs made out of chiton exited from her chest. Then, the rest of her body followed, a chiton clone exiting outwards and walking away just as she did. They split into two directions in mirror steps, both carrying their cloaks but both cloaks began to act differently from each other, first merging with each other and then contorting and no longer being symmetrical, then splitting apart further and flourishing about chaotically, differently, on each of the Maidos. Substiwolf watched, entertained, as did Hisayo and Kayoko.

The Maido clone summoned Yggdramasil, moving it from its previous spot where it had been summoned by the original Maido.
Last edited by Sia on Sun May 29, 2022 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.

Izanagi

Post by Izanagi » Sat May 28, 2022 8:23 pm

The last few months Ichiro had spent back home in Waterfall Country had provided him a sense of stability. For a decade he had traveled the world and built up his contacts, joined multiple organizations and helped re-shape the world through the war. Returning home to Kawakita, a port town along the Northern coast of the country that straddled a river, had been a welcome change. His father still led the village of about five hundred people but was aging and looking to his son now to take over for him. It would make a fine enough base of operations for him when he was traveling the seas with his pirate crew or holding up in their various lands and outposts.

With any luck it would be some time before either Kaisui or Kenji called upon him. As a right-hand man in both the Black Wake and Chishiki his obligations were two-fold, but naturally it was his own personal interests that always came first. After his encounter with Hiraku Suzume and acquiring a sample of her Earth Grudge fear, he was working on determining his own path toward immortality and greater power. However, he was reluctant to follow the path of those prone to madness. He had only survived as long as he had by being careful, keeping under the radar of the shinobi nations and assisting others from the shadows. He couldn’t afford to slip up and become a wanted man.

And yet, he was not content with a peaceful life. He craved power and strong masters to learn from, no matter what the cost or morality. Saigo, Zai, Zao, and Kenji. He had studied under each of them but only briefly. All too well he understood the true strength of the elite and how he still paled in comparison to such legends. Time and time again he found himself drawn to such powerful figures, agents of change that he could apprentice under. Once again, he felt a calling. As he and his companion Sumire foraged for medical ingredients something compelled him to venture further than usual. Ichiro was not a chakra sensor, but he trusted his instincts and could feel an ominous presence in the woods. He knew this land and the countless natural dangers, between poisonous plants and house sized spiders and all manner of outlaws. But something felt off.

Swiftly Ichiro traversed the jungle, followed closely by Sumire. Each wore cloaks, dark blue and purple respectively, protecting their skin from accidently brushing against any deadly fauna or spores. Brightly colored plants and mushrooms thrived throughout the dense rainforest. “Check that way” Ichiro instructed suddenly, holding up a hand for the woman to stop. “It would help if I knew what I was looking for”, the white-eyed woman replied snarkily, smirking before crouching and touching the ground floor. “You’ll know” he assured, stroking his beard as he contemplated whether or not he was just being paranoid. “What the fuck?” the woman muttered as her vision traveled through the network of mushrooms throughout the forest. The sight of the group of women wasn’t particularly unusual, aside from the tentacles sprouting from one. And then there were the green mists and of course, the wolf monstrosity covered in eyes and heads and the much larger creature that seemed half spider crab and half-octopus and yet covered in red hairs. The tree if anything seemed rather fitting given the myriad of unique plant life throughout the country. “I don’t know what’s going on, a group of women and bizarre creatures, they’re talking about immortality…and a tournament of some kind?” she relayed, listening in on their conversation through a myriad of small white mushrooms that dotted the field. Ichiro’s icy blue eyes narrowed. “Wait here” he said simply, leaving the woman within the dense foliage as he cautiously advanced toward the field up ahead. Sumire muttered something under her breath but did as instructed. As naive as she had been when she first joined the man she had learned to trust his judgment.

Natsuki Takeo - 17th Hokage, former Anbu Commander [DEAD]
Karagata Shinjiro - Kiri Bannin; Jinchuuriki, Overseer of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist, Kintsugi
Haziwara Youji- Iwagakure Chunin
Takeda Ichiro - A-Rank Waterfall Country; Black Wake, Chishiki, Setsuzoku
Hyuuga Takeshi - Konoha Special Jounin; Anbu
Jouchaku Shigeko - Kiri Genin; HHD

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Mon May 30, 2022 6:10 pm

She walked to the field and talked with Maido. “Shinjiro of the mist-cha?” Chiaki tilted her head to the side. She had never heard of the person. She had never perused the bingo books, nor was she really into politics themselves so, she lived rather under a rock. She flexed her fingers and her pace quickened as she was hit with the green mist.

“That’s a weird sensation-cha.” She jumped a bit up and down and did some pacing back and forth at a more quickened pace, before Hisayo and Kayoko caught up. “What’s Yggdramasil-cha?” She asked Maido, her head tilting to the other side. Then she was yanked and teleported around, losing all sense of where she was, not that she particularly knew where she knew where she was before.

Dizzied, she looked around and the back to Maido as she mentioned an Enkouten opening her mouth to say that she had no idea what an Enkouten was, but then realized that it was probably a lava user.

Chiaki looked at the first two hundred and ten meters of the arena and said, “There should probably be a canyon in the middle of the arena somewhere to make for an X-Y-Z axis fight, and to have Doton and Suiton users collide head to head in an all out murder-fest. I prefer Canyon fighting myself-cha.” She noted the one mission that she had been successful in capturing someone took place in a canyon. She dropped a rather small rock from high up on her opponent’s head. Quick and clean knock out. She grinned at the remembered experience.

Chiaki tousled her own hair and nodded at the mention of the ‘little fucking nightmare thing’. She had no idea what to call it but perhaps she would try, “A spiderpus” She shrugged, “Seems to fit-cha.” She nodded at the life essence talk. She already had an element in mind, or elements, rather, in mind. She listened to how she sucked her essence into a core and then stopped. Perhaps… perhaps that would be the thing that she would want to use. It was very dear to her, but she didn’t know whether to use it yet.

She touched the bottom of her backpack and felt to see if it was still there, jostling around somewhere in her bag. It was. It was a gift from her father to her mother, a geode that had been drilled in the middle, exposing a dazzling amethyst and ruby-encrusted center. It was rather hard, as it had been encased in Iron, and she carried it around to remind her of where she had come from, and what she was doing all of this for.

“Can you show me the technique before I am made into lightning-cha?” She was a bit frightened at the prospect of fighting for her life, but that was the price of the power that she craved.

No.

It was the price of the power that she needed.

Chiaki gulped and raised her staff to defend herself, “You said that you would bite me, but that I need to train against you in order to grow my power, in order to become one with the lightning-cha?” She tilted her head, “Is there a way to become more than lightning, to become a sort of… Lightning and Kyoukan chakra hybrid, or, say, the stem-cell chakra that I am refining-cha?” She was wary of Maido, but not afraid. Perhaps it was the words that were not malicious but blunt, promising her the power that she needed to save her mother.

Perhaps it was the power behind the words that drew her to Maido, and perhaps it was that she could see herself in Maido’s place, had she five hundred years to whittle away.
~~My characters~~

Sia

Post by Sia » Fri Jun 03, 2022 2:41 pm

After a moment of long, intense thought, Maido snapped her focus back towards Chiaki after meditating for just a moment on what she had said. "Hmm. Hmmmmm. Hmm." She tsked, in a weary and condescending sort of fashion. "I wonder." Maido stopped making a show of things and became quieter, walking around Chiaki and examining her. "What of it? You want to become a lightning vampire?" She said with a bit of a laugh. "A thunder...healer?" Maido continued, sizing her up and down from head to toe. With her sensory jutsu, she examined her heart, her brain, her hands, her chest, her skull, her eyes, her face, her arms, her legs, her toes, her height, she continued to analyze the girl. "How old are you?" She said, and her chiton sensory vibrated within herself and fed off of Chiaki's signature as she asked the question.

"You would indeed make for an interesting immortal but I am not sure a bite is really all that properly suited for you." She said after a moment. "How sheltered are you? Are you familiar with werewolves and vampires and that sort of crazy thing?" Maido asked her after a moment. "Someone that is evil, like me, taking on this power is a bit of a fire for everyone around them. Perhaps, it would be better if you were a more peaceful variation of such a creation." Maido said as substiwolf batted its eyes and wagged its tail up to Chiaki on all fours. "Case and point, that young one can walk on all fours and wield weapons like it had hands."

"Maybe you should fight it and show me you're worth putting some time into." Maido said after another moment of thought with a wicked grin. "That could be quite wild." She tossed a few Ryo into the air and then channeled chakra and they stopped moving and began to float on a curtain of red mist. "Maybe I'll even pay you for the work." She said with a laugh. "If you really, want, otherwise, to become an immortal, there is some work to be done, and, I have a preference of age before I will personally turn someone, as I am well over eight hundred years old now and have seen one turning unprepared children into immortal monsters is capable of." She said finally, and wrapped up her little speech, never breaking eye contact the entire time she spoke.

"In any case, while we are here in waterfall, we have plenty of time to do whatever which really we like, and I see no reason not to at least prepare you until you are ready to become some sort of Queen." Maido said and Hisayo and Kayoko exchanged glances, then they finally paid a little more attention to Chiaki themselves and whispered back and forth two each other secretly before eyeing the girls gear and smiling.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:19 pm

“Twenty-five, in the standard calendar-cha.” Chiaki raised an eyebrow and allowed herself to be examined much like either a vet would, or someone who was appraising her of her worth, either in Ryo or in blood. Chiaki was a Kyoukan, and she dripped with the anticipation to get to show off her kyoukan talents, especially the ones that she was wanting to master. Just one thing though - she was missing a patient to perform it on, which was, in and of itself a problem and a hurdle that she couldn’t quite think of how to clear.

“I am not sure what you mean by a bite, what do you mean-cha?” She asked, an uncertainty creeping into her voice and her skin turning cold and clammy, she could feel it as she gripped her staff, waiting for a blow to hit, for some sort of attack to land on her. She had gambled everything to join this organization, and wasn’t going to waste the opportunity to be able to heal her mother.

“I am raised by the temple, where such talk is only suspicion of werewolves. Where we meet with the Kami of the forest, the rain, and the wheat every day and we pay our respects to them. These creatures are not unknown to our sect, but are unwelcome-cha.” She recited before biting back her words. Was she really a part of the temple now? Was she really still a priestess? Focus Chiaki, focus!

“I fight for the innocents, heal the sick and tend to the wounded if that is what you mean-cha.” The furrows in her forehead from her suspicious squint deepened as her hands tightened on her staff, “as for being a were-wolf, I would rather not be anything but human, as I am most dexterous with my hands and would hate to lose them-cha.”

Chiaki wove a couple of hand seals and her Raiton chakra crackled into existence, it looked like a sheathe of sparking electricity, snapping around her wildly in bright flashes of negatively charged ionic air. She looked to Hisayo, Kayoko, and the wolf that she had been told that she would be fighting, “I am ready when you are-cha. Please arm yourself and prepare for combat.” She lowered her staff to the ground and put up her hands in a defensive stance, knowing that she would have to rely on her jutsu to save her, as her staff-play was pitiful at best, and laughable at worst. She didn’t want to show Maido weakness, but she also wanted to show that she wasn’t going to hurt the wolf without it being unprepared.

This was a spar after all.

Right?
jutsu usedShow
*Raiton • Lightning Armament
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After the correct hand seals are performed, the user coats themselves in a thick layer of lightning. This armour of lightning forms near instantly and requires [50] Strength to break. During this time, the user's physical strikes apply the Raiton shocking effect.
~~My characters~~

Sia

Post by Sia » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:40 pm

"I see." Maido said, walking backwards slowly a few paces and beginning to channel chakra throughout her host body. She unleashed it slowly, manifesting a coffin in front of herself on the ground, roughly her own height and she caressed it gently with her right hand. It was red, appearing to be somewhat liquid in appearance, as though it were made of blood. Closer inspection would reveal that it was, and she patted it twice before it rocketed towards Chiaki at blinding speed, opening up to reveal a series of spikes lining its insides as a spew of red mists began to shoot outwards from it in every direction. The red fog blanketed the area, and the wildlife and nature that it touched began to seep with the venom of acid, wretching and decaying and dying as the acid melted through the area in an indiscriminate death fog.

"Werewolves?" Maido asked with a grin. "I'm told I'm something much more troublesome than simple werewolves and vampires." She said and chuckled. "Hmm. Which Kami did you speak with then?" She inquired, watching how Chiaki dealt with her acid chiton coffin from afar. She withdrew her sword, the longer of the two, and stepped towards Chiaki, swinging it at her feet from Maido's right.

†Acid Coffin Trap
B-Ranked Acid Chiton Ninjutsu
Performing hand seals, Maido will cause a coffin filled with many sharp spikes and made of acid and chiton to exit from her mouth, up to 15 meters by 15 meters by 15 meters, launching it as well as a volume of acidic blood mist 30 meters by 30 meters by 30 meters towards them at a strength and speed of up to [control]. The coffin will attempt to close in on them with a strength of up to [control], flying out up to 60 meters from Maido. The acidic blood mist will regenerate, encroach, and dissolve through material for up to 6 posts, eating away at the fogged area as well as anything caught inside the coffin, which lasts for up to 6 posts.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kanade

Post by Kanade » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:16 pm

Chiaki didn't even really have time to figure out what was going on with the coffin before it opened up like some sort of horrific mimic, jaws akimbo, lined with spikes made from acid? acid. It had acid spikes. Great.

She formed a blurred set of hand seals and fired off a clone in front of her, which immediately made a rude gesture at Chiaki proper before it got swallowed up by the coffin. The real Chiaki, safe from the coffin for now, wove another set of hand seals and fired a lightning bolt at the coffin, hopefully obliterating it at the same time as she placed her staff to her side, wove another set of hand seals and it just... stuck there. hanging in midair, a pillar of almost immovable steel that she hoped could take a blow from whatever it was that Maido had in her hands, a... sword?

She jumped back a couple of paces again and sighed, it was going to be hard to keep up with the kunoichi, especially since it seemed like she had the range advantage, and that mist was doing horrid things to the wildlife besides. Perhaps she could just take Maido's weapons and end the battle that way?

Worth a shot. She wove the same set of hand seals and tied herself to the metal objects that she could see on Maido's person, including the sword, and gave a good solid yank with her jutsu on the objects, hopefully disabling her from using the weapons, and giving Chiaki a more jutsu-on-jutsu fight. Not that it helped much, since she was woefully outmatched in pretty much everything else, but it was a start, perhaps, it was a start.
jutsu usedShow
*Raiton • Shock Double
C-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the necessary hand seals, the user will create a clone out of their Raiton chakra. This clone will have the users stats. It lasts for [10] posts.

*Raiton • Bright Bolt
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After performing the correct hand seals the user will extend two fingers toward a target. A bolt of lightning will jump up to 10 (+whatever range from 50 control?) meters from their fingers at [50l] Speed and Strength.

*Jikiton • Draw
D-Ranked Jikiton Jutsu
After performing the required hand seals, the user will reach toward a metallic or magnetized object within 10(+whatever range shenanigans from 50 control) metres of the user. The target will be drawn to the user at [50] speed, but can be held in place with [50] strength.
~~My characters~~

Sia

Post by Sia » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:21 pm

Maido rolled her eyes and released the sword, doing a series of hand seals, and her eyes and entire body glowed with chakra faintly before a mass of chiton equal to her cloak stretched out and exited from the cloak and slapped the raiton off course and away, meeting its force equally and knocking it aside with ease. "Uh huh?" She said, then yanked her hands together, causing the coffin to split open and begin regenerating as she summoned another one out of itself. "What do you intend to do about the acid?" She said as she watched it begin to encroach, slowly but surely seeping out and spreading over the area with every passing moment.

"Tell me, what is it in a Thunderdome that you seek? Is it glory? Fame? Money? Valor? Experiments? This could really go any sort of way, truth be told. She began to perform hand seals and rematerialized Yggdramasil. "Lets start with the floor while you deal with that maybe." She said and thought on it a moment, staring at her from afar and sending signals to Yggdramasil. "Create three rooms great tree but yank the floors first." She said silently and the tree listened to the whisper and obeyed.

Roots shot out, encompassing the ground and spreading out ravenously in a flock of murderous lashes. The wooden tendrils jutted out and smashed the ground, then placated and became flattened, spreading out softly and seeping into the ground behind Maido as she absentmindedly worked while also fighting Chiaki. She performed hand seals and sent another coffin, faster than before.

†Programming: Intercept Projectiles
D-Ranked Ninjutsu
After doing the necessary hand seals, an existing source of chiton or infused blood will jump out up to 15 meters in a chosen direction from its starting location at up to [control] strength and speed, breaking off of the previous blood source and beginning to regenerate, refreshing the previous techniques duration.

†Acid Coffin Trap
B-Ranked Acid Chiton Ninjutsu
Performing hand seals, Maido will cause a coffin filled with many sharp spikes and made of acid and chiton to exit from her mouth, up to 15 meters by 15 meters by 15 meters, launching it as well as a volume of acidic blood mist 30 meters by 30 meters by 30 meters towards them at a strength and speed of up to [control]. The coffin will attempt to close in on them with a strength of up to [control], flying out up to 60 meters from Maido. The acidic blood mist will regenerate, encroach, and dissolve through material for up to 6 posts, eating away at the fogged area as well as anything caught inside the coffin, which lasts for up to 6 posts.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Return to “Other Countries”