Ironwood Ridge

Ace Trainer

Ironwood Ridge

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:44 pm

It was quite a sight in the small tea shop on the side of Sanrou. For the most part, the businesses, shops, homes, and such in Sanrou were only accessible from the inside of the giant mountain, the intricate network of tunnels and pathways forming the giant mountainous city. But there were a few shops that were externally facing, meant for the various workers and laborers that operates outside the village for whatever reason. Shops like these had a tendency to attract a more raucous crowd, soldiers, samurai and laborers who needed to let off steam. At this moment, that seemed to be exactly what was happening.

The tables in the shop had appeared to be displaced, as they were all pushed up against the wall with the exception of a single large round table in the center, that had but a solitary chair at it. Sitting in the chair was none other than Mistaki, Shio, the Taishou of Iron Country himself. He was not, however, the only person at the table, as a samurai was standing on it, drink in one hand, sword in the other, making dramatic gestures in the air. Around them, a veritable crowd had formed, laughter and shouting radiating from them.

"And there he was, Lord Taishou, a man as large as a bear, perhaps as large as a bear with another bear on his shoulders! Staring me down, his wife in the bed behind me. Never did I expect that Fire Country could produce men that large! And he growled at me a growl so deep the walls of the building itself shook and shuttered. And he swiped his big ol hand at me, and I ducked and dodged out of the way!", he'd accompany this with a sort of weaving on the table, leaping about on it. "And I threw my hands up. Let me tell you Lord Taishou I've fought some big men in my life but even this man I had my doubts about.", the crowd hooted a bit as he motioned some more, "So all I said was 'Look buddy, I was helping you out.' And he let out another growl and swiped at me again and this time his ol lady didn't seem to thrilled cause she was quiet as a mouse and I go, 'If you has babies with you, she'll get ripped in half birthing that elephant child!!!' and I dove out the window!", and laughter erupted as if the funniest joke in the world had been told.

The Taishou simply smirked, shaking his head at this story. It was odd seeing a man of such prestige at the establishment, but it seemed he was just bonding with his soldiers. He said nothing though, gesturing for another tea that would quickly be brought out to him. The man on the table would wave out at the crowd around them, "Anyone else got a story for the young lord?! Take the stage!", and he'd leap off the table, leaving it open for another.
Mistaki ShioShiimu KozanGekko IndraShoshiki HeiyaHizashi Ikinari
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Kenketi Tenteki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Special Jounin]
[Setsuya Inka :: Sunagakure No Sato – The Soul Host – Special Jounin]
[Kaikyo Kohon :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
[Aisu Koiji :: Kirigakure No Sato – Jounin]
[Shitagane Sakki :: Kumogakure No Sato – Genin]
[Batsu Betsuni :: Iwagakure No SatoJounin A Rank Missing Ninja]
[Futokutei Yasunari :: Konohagakure No Sato – Genin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Ottozeo

Ironwood Ridge

Post by Ottozeo » Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:46 pm

Life as a ninja with no home had some perks. One could go into any land or border if they wanted to and could make it work. If they had people wanting to hire them it made the process all the more easier and rewarding. Moving between minor countries who wanted more bodies to use or just needed more quality for whatever reason. A ninja for hire could do that and serve better than a random mercenary. More jobs, free movement that allowed sight seeing, and excitement. Yea...that was the perfect type of job for Benjizen and Ridia.

They had left the Country of Waterfall now, making their way to the Land of Iron. Ridia and would go off to go do here own thing, at some point they planned to meet back up. But for now it was time to see what the environment they would be in temporarily be like. Dawned in some more causal clothes, Benjizen walked through a section of rough land that flowed to a small tea shop. From the Signs he saw this was Sanrou. It was most certainly not east to get to, being only really accessible from insdie of a giant mountain. Unless someone wanted to go through a lot of work. And if he was not getting paid he did not feel like doing that most of the time. It was a careful network of tunnels and pathways, one that impressed Benjiken. He would note this set up and style. Each country and land had their own ways of security, and each had to be examined to see the pros and cons. As a shinobi for hire, he needed information to see what he could take advantage of if he ever had to.

Where this place was seemed to be a little more laid back. Mixed. Allowing many people of different lives to be present, either way, they were loud, cheerful, tired, and rowdy. So many workers were here, farmers, miners, soldiers, samurai you name it.

And boy was something going on from Benjiken's view as he walked in. He had no idea of the faces of people here. So Lord Taishou, the Samurai on the table with a drink in their hand, the laughing crowd around them. Well it meant nothing to him. Besides it was a chill environment and at least currently, the situation was not hostile.

....he wished not all of the tables got pulled to the side though. Where the heck was he gonna sit and get a drink now??

That thought didn't last long though as he listened in to the man's tail and with no resistance at all, Benjiken bursted out in a laugh as well as he walked over to the bar. He tried to speak in the middle of short breaths that were filled with laughs and chuckles. Sadly he did not have a story to share. At least one he could think of right now. "Ah...hahahaha, he hey...hahaha...wh...what do ya go to drink ahahahahah".

Ace Trainer

Ironwood Ridge

Post by Ace Trainer » Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:04 pm

Another samurai would jump on the table, almost immediately leading into a story and waxing poetic about some adventure. Shio, however, found his attention shifted to the new face. He was under no illusion that he recognized every citizen of Iron, but when a new face arrived, they were usually pretty easy to pick out. Often they were dressed just a bit wrong, or they had a look of bewilderment and confusion that betrayed they weren't entirely accurate with the harsh and difficult landscape of Iron.

He'd push out of the chair, gesturing towards the crowd causing them to pull in around the table and continue to engage with the entertainment that stood on it. Shio tuned it out, however, approaching the newcomer.

"Not from Iron, hm?", was all he would say. He'd gesture to the barmaid, who had very swiftly moved front and center when the Taishou had approached. Shio was young, at only 14 and very visibly so. His large, round, wire glasses sat on the edge of his nose, peering up at older and much larger Benjiken. The barmaid would bring him a drink, a tea, seemingly following whatever silent direction Shio had given her, "consider the first drink then a welcome to our land.", he offered, not really giving Benjiken an opportunity to deny he was a foreigner.

"What brings you to Iron?", a simple question. It was clear Shio was important, but he wondered if this newcomer understood what the Taishou was?
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
[Shinwa Basuta no Suihouheki Yasahii :: Kirigakure No Sato – Mizukage :: Spirit of Capricorn, Topenga]
[Futokutei Hitoare :: Konohagakure No Sato – Pestilence (Four Horsemen) – Jounin]
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Ottozeo

Ironwood Ridge

Post by Ottozeo » Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:22 pm

The first man's tale ended and soon another came to replace them. However it seemed the focus of their attention seemed to elsewhere. The Lord as they put it. Taishou if he heard it said right. The happy crowd pulled together and continued they entertainment and social bonding activity. Such things were great for a people and unit moral. The small things that made them enjoy the crazy up and downs of the big things that filled their hearts, minds, and shoulders.

Either way their target of attention and focus point of their picture of harmony moved. Headed to where Benjiken was after pushing in his chair.

Now the question was with the fellow coming to him. Was if Benjiken would tell the truth or not? If he was or not was not the man's information to know, at least in his opinion and point of view. It could be bothersome either way if the said no or yes. He had not enemies looking for him specifically...well many. He doubt from what he knew and kept signs of that they had a reach in here though. Maybe he could avoid giving his name. "Work. Well, seeking work. I'm a traveling labor and guard".

Benjiken made his answer short and sweet, keeping a nice calm tone and respect. He had no idea who this face was....maybe. It felt somewhat recognizable. However, either way they said lord. Which mean he had power, land, money, and bodies to use if needed. It would be best if he made a good first impression. After all, he may become a contact for him and Ridia in the future if things went right now and in the future.

Ace Trainer

Ironwood Ridge

Post by Ace Trainer » Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:41 am

There was hesitation on this man's face, that much was clear to Shio. This was commonplace for travelers though, especially in a place where they were not always welcome. Of all the shops Benjiken could have stopped in, this was probably the best for the day. With Shio's presence and it's location on the outside of the Three Headed Wolf, the temperature of the room was more lax, and people would be less on guard. Why be on guard when the greatest fighter in the country was among you?

Shio gave a simple nod at the response, straightforward enough. "In that case, you want to just enlist in my army?", the fourteen year old boy would give a soft laugh at this, indicating that he was joking. Or at least half joking. Shio had found that the strict training regiment of the samurai was not far off from that of shinobi, and it was likely true that a shinobi would integrated semi-easily into their structure. Though culturally was another question, the samurai were a different beast in many ways. "I'd encourage you to have a drink or two after that one. It won't be long talking to me that one of them will force you up on that 'stage' and bewitch us with a story of adventure.", he said absentmindedly, turning to look at the table he'd formerly been sitting at. On it another samurai stood, swinging about as he shared some tale that was almost certainly exaggerated.

"You don't have to worry - about keeping a low profile that is.", he said referencing the caution Benjiken clearly hd, "Today of all days there are no strangers here. Where are you from?", and why was he here? Shio was curious.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold
AlienHostRichardGold
ValidusWrecks
ValidusWreckingBall
NotOnu
ReallyisOnu
NotCdf
SunaOOCOnu
HolyCowMrSmith
GlobalModOnu
AdminOnu
CboxModOnu
SlaptasitcOnu

Ottozeo

Ironwood Ridge

Post by Ottozeo » Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:27 pm

Benjiken raised an eyebrow, the boy before him was giving mixed signals there. He asked such a thing but laughed. However, he laughed in a manner that was half done. It was a question of if this young teen had an army, and if so was he so prideful in it that he was just boasting that he had an army to his name or was it a comment stating that his army that was so good he doubted a random no name could fit in? Benjizen was a no name, and he liked to keep it that way for the most part. No one alive that he did jobs against, and the ones he did jobs for only having enough information that was on a as needed situation case by case. "An army? Well I like to know what I am dealing with so maybe not. I do not even have a name for you group", he returned Shio's laugh with one of his own. One lighthearted to show that for the most part, he was not taking this conversation serious. The situation was just to insane and unbelievable after all.

"Hmmm...maybe. I dont know. I only came in here for one drink, but that group of yours is sounding more and more entertaining by the minute", he looked up. The exaggerated movement by the Samurai as he told his tale was already going. From listening passively, Benjizen could tell it had momentum, a few good timed jokes, and a nice build up so far. "I am not much of a story tell, but I guess they are welcomed to try to break a stubborn horse". He gave a simple smirk leaning against the bar as he waited for the waiter to bring his selected drink. These people were in a good mood. Laughs, food, and drinks. For the time it was the perfect combination and as long as nothing went wrong it should remain that way. However, he would not let his guard down but he would relax a little. That was just the way it was.

He remained at where he was when Shio turned back around, back toward the merrie tables and people. And then he spoke...it seems this boy was much more than a boy that was a lord. "Oh? I'm sure I have no idea what you mean. I'm mainly trying to stay aware in another area of the world that I have never been to before. Given that I have been traveling for so long and no real home. i cant say where I would really say I am from. But, I suppose a small minor place, small and insignificant with no name".

Ace Trainer

Ironwood Ridge

Post by Ace Trainer » Mon Jul 04, 2022 1:37 pm

Shio looked at him a bit sideways, cocking his head and raising a brow. 'your group'. "You mean the great nation of Iron, what do you mean my group?", he sort of spread his arms out to indicate broadly that all of 'this' was his group. "If you are in Iron seeking work, I am who you are seeking work from.", he clarified. It appeared that Benjizen had not yet picked up that Shio was commanding so much respect because he was the Commander of Iron Country itself.

The man was clearly being subversive with his background, which frustrated Shio to a degree, not that he didn't understand why that would be the case. Deciding to give him an out, he let out an a soft 'ah' as if he'd come to a realization, "We didn't even share names. I'm Mistaki, Shio, Taishou of Iron Country. ", he offered. Perhaps Benjizen would relax a little then, "Today we're celebrating.What, I couldn't tell you. But I woke and my men said it was a day to celebrate and here we are. So don't fret too much about work, it's unlikely you'll find anyone willing to offer work to you without clearance, lest of all today.", he was trying to get Benjizen to let his guard down at least a little. He was on the edge of a veritable fortress, no danger would comet to him.

Shio would look out into the crowd, several of his men making eye contact with him for only a moment to raise a glass and acknowledge their leader. He'd nod in response, acknowledging them back. He'd found he was quite happy with himself as the leader of Iron, he'd found much peace in it. Perhaps his larger ambitions were too much, when he had his own little paradise here. Or so it seemed on days like this. The people of Iron had accepted him without question, doubt would raise occasionally only for it to be squashed when Shio showed his competence. The nature of Iron made accepting a new Taishou easy, and Shio had learned how much he appreciated that.
Kirigakure No Sato
Kemurigakure no Sato

Taishou of Iron Country
Kirigakure No Sato
Genin
Experiment 81 v2
Sunagakure No Sato
Genin
The Soul Host
Iwagakure No Sato
Special Jounin
The Tungsten Princess
Sunagakure No Sato
Jounin
The Revolutionary
Past CharactersShow
ChatangoShow
HonchkrOnu
ArticOnu
RichardUnknown
RichardGreen
RichardRed
RichardBlack
RichardGold