[Graded][Investigation] Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

Who killed muh genma host?

Director
Hokage
Hokage
User flair: If you read this, you're gay.

[Graded][Investigation] Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy

Post by Director » Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:57 pm

phpBB [video] Fanho tugged on the hood of his poncho as the rain pitter pattered on the outskirts of the town. What a mess of a village. Tough crowds everywhere, open drug use, and missing-nin galore. However that wasn't the sake of his visit today. It was simply reconnaissance, retrieve as much information as one can on the perpetrator who took out Konoha's genma host. Someone clearly had done their studying, and attempted to frame the fight against other foes. However too many things didn't add up. Crow feathers but no explosions? Lava but only once the fight was over?

The Awai flared his chakra as he felt the area. He could sense a space/time portal open nearby exactly the same as the one opened from the fight scene. He was drawing closer to the recipient of his justice.

The Bannin shook his head as he leaned on the tree over looking the town. Sloppy, but first time killer perhaps? He'd be able to solidify some of the details as he went in undercover to poke the bounty book keeper that was the closest to Fire Country. An office just ways away between wind and pebble. Fanho performed a transformation jutsu that turned him into a random thug combining a little bit of all the rugged crowd he'd seen meandering around. Obviously muscle for hire, small time missing-nin looking to make a name with bounties.

With the disguise in-place Fanho walked in under the nose of all the poser rugged crowd. Some big names he had noticed even hiding in the depths of the shadows. At least smart enough to stay away from the obvious to read places. He made his way down to the bounty office as he approached the rumored shop. With a few wise words, and questions placed the shop keeper beckoned the disguised Bannin with a wave as they made their way downstairs into the bowels of crime itself.

The bookkeeper was turned around organizing the cloaks and garments of the fallen bounties. Among those were notably Souta and Masami. At least they didn't appear too old. Fitting within the time frame Fanho was able to draw from the battle. He also smelled the same scent he had although overwhelming with the aura of death that lingered in this crypt keeper's hideaway. The rugged despot coughed as he turned his head towards the book keeper. "What's the bounty book lookin' these days? I'm aiming for just a small fry to just fill a pocket or two." The book keeper sighed as he rolled his eyes. Another wannabe gangster that had a bone to pick, at least this one had the sense to go for one his speed.

"Well, if you must inquire. There are a few C-rank shinobi more worthy of stature. Perhaps they'd be enough to satisfy the most newest up-comer. I don't believe I've spotted you in here before." The off-putting man eerily leaned in close to Fanho as the bannin snarled back at the book keeper.

"I asked for the bounties not snark miscreant. Point me in the damn direction." The elusive Fanho smacked the table as a shadowy figure in the corner stood solemnly in response. The bodyguard to keep the peace huh? From the signature he was putting off he wasn't something to ignore, but at least he bought the disguise for now.

"So uncivilized, simply getting a feel for the new fodder in town to throw themselves at the next name." The bookkeeper sneered at the vagrant's determined yet brutish demands. Another eye roll added to the counter as he flipped through his book pulling two names, somewhat unnoticeable Chuunin from Konoha, but ones that Fanho had recognized. "These two should be up to par for thee. Anything else I can provide for the 'bounty-hunter'?" The mans words crept in the air as if done with the conversation, but the staleness gave away that he was simply doing the job he had done a thousand times before.

The disguised Fanho raised an eyebrow as his finger gazed at the two garments hanging from behind, Masami and Soutas. "Humor me smartass. I've seen those clothes around before in steam country. Who got those two big bastards?" The book keeper getting a bit more suspicious as he tapped on the bar. "A new up comer with a taste for middling shinobi, but yet knows of the latest big bounties claimed? Strange, suspicious, and yet we get those a dime a dozen around here. Quite frankly they were the same as you. New, seemingly strong, illusive, and trying to fool my very eyes in-front of me."

The shadow figure in the corner's foot stepped out into the light before the book keeper's hand shot up. "No need, this man knows what would happen if he attempted anything. He's simply here fishing for revenge or a bounty greater than what he came in here. I suspect I know his ties based on his interests." The strange man chuckled as his scratchy lungs lingered on the request. "I keep my tie's a secret, but I will give you this. You'd fetch a fair price for his head. After all he claimed two S-rank bounties in one go. At least that's what the rigor mortis showed." The book keeper's scratchy throat inhaled and sighed as he glanced back at the garments.

"Well you got what you came here for. Its time for you to disappear like the rest and go get your bounty barbarian. Next time, shed the disguise and come as your honest self. It'd save you trouble, at least for me. I don't know about the miscreants out there." The book keeper went back to tending to his logs as the shadowy figure remained standing like a dog waiting for its call.

Fanho chuckled as the book keeper seemed to figure it all out, yet wanted more action, disaster, and destruction. The disguised Awai took one more survey of the area, the book keeper not breaking his stride filling ledgers. He could sense the portal here too giving way that this was indeed the attacker's signature. Fanho took note of the scent, the same as before, but yet no sign of the genma. Only the death throes left over from Masami. With a flash of purple chakra, just like Fanho's target before he disappeared into the air back into the outskirts of the city.

Quickly shedding his disguise he channeled a portal making his way towards Sunagakure no Sato. Surely by now they were aware of their missing Bannin, and quite frankly Fanho had some questions to be asked to their new Kazekage Sueatsu.
Character: Awai, Fanho | Rank: Hokage | Village: Konoha | Color Code: [b][color=#682860]
Character: Konshi, Yuichi | Rank: Jounin | Village: Kumogakure | Color Code: [b][color=#0051BA]

Return to “Other Countries”