A journey to discover runes

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:43 pm

Haruka was getting ready for the day she just found out yesterday that Chiaki had disappeared and broken her house arrest and she had no idea where she was let alone if she was still able to bring her back. She then thought all her losses recently thinking she needed a change of pace maybe even a new inspiration for new ideas she can use to improve her abilities. She heard of a new place on the far west coast that sounded really interesting called the land of runes. She figured visiting could be a nice change of pace she needed.

She then would look into it in the konoha archives and would also look into things around the area to make sure there was anything to be wary of. The thing she was worried the most about was iwa and there conquest of the area but it didn’t seem like there was any movements in that direction as far as she was aware. So as long as she was cautious and on the look out for other iwa movements she should be fine. So she soon got all ready and made sure to bring appropriate clothing since it was supposed to be cold over there.

After everything was ready and packed she would soon head out on her new trip boarding the train and riding it all the way to the furthest reaches of the land of fires most southern territory. As she rode she would eagerly look at the scenery as it passed by in the window. She had never been this far out before. She would take a break and eat as they passed through suna because in her opinion the desert wasn’t very interesting, it’s nothing but sand after all. When she soon got off at the other side of fire country she would get off the train and begin her journey into juu No kuni she would have to pass through it on her way to get to the land of runes.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

Sia
User flair: I am made to protect and destroy.

Post by Sia » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:50 pm

Entering into Juu No Kuni had been a daunting and tedious task, the likes of which Keriku wasn't entirely sure she had been the best assigned for. Still, the Hyuuga had passed the time with no troubles, the train ride was quite peaceful after all. At times though she grew bored and restless. She soon discovered that she didn't need to eat or sleep, so finding ways to entertain herself during a long train commute was a bit of a challenge. At first, she read a book, simply sitting there on the train and absorbing the material. It was a strange book, recommended to her by a good friend. It wasn't particularly captivating though and she struggled to focus on the contents of its pages.

Keriku let out a sigh and put the book down, then grabbed it again and instead put it into her backpack. She stood up from her seat and began pacing up the train, curious to see if she would find anyone that she recognized, or at least anyone to talk to to pass the time. She walked through the food cart and on into the next passenger car, where she did find someone that looked to be a shinobi, in fact, from a glance Keriku deduced that they were from Konohagakure, but, she wasn't certain they had ever met. Keriku's shadow slithered along the wall and its bright white eyes stared at occupants of the train car as it moved itself to slither along the ceiling, moving independently and of its own volition. If anyone paid close enough attention, they would notice that Keriku cast no shadow within the train car.

Keriku sat across the aisle from Haruka. "Where ya headed stranger?" Keriku asked politely.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:23 am

Haruka would look over at the voice talking to her in surprise after hearing her she would think about how to respond as she looked at her noticing she was a Konoha ninja as well. She then thought about whether or not she should hide the info on her destination from anyone besides her fellow ninja. Eventually deciding it wasn’t all that important so decided to just out right tell her without worrying about keeping it secret from anyone else.

Before replying, “I’m heading to a new interesting place I heard rumors of called the land of runes and thought it would be interesting to see why it’s called that. How about you where are you heading?” She wasn’t really paying attention to the other passengers until now. As she was previously just eating, sleeping, sightseeing and occasionally training her chakra control and other mental and spiritual abilities. She also wondered how this girl dealt with the time on the train? She was also curious if this girl was out on vacation or a mission.

It was pretty interesting seeing how the rest of the world looked to her especially since this is the furthest away from fire country that she has ever been before so she was looking forward the the new interesting sights.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Sia

Post by Sia » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:12 pm

She breathed in a long breath of shallowness as her shadow slithered around, finding itself on the side of the train car and staring into Haruka just as Keriku did with her own gazing Byakugan's. Her white eyes stared into Haruka's body, viewing the circulation of their chakra and watching its ebb and flow. She surveyed their chakra pool for a moment and sized them up. "Some sort of shinobi, yes?" She chuckled and extended her hand, flashing a fox mask that appeared in her other hand that she placed onto the side of her head, choosing not to cover her face. "I am Hyuuga, Keriku, Jounin." She said tersely yet politely in an odd sort of way.

"I happen to be doing some work in the land of runes myself, I was told we might bump into each other along the way." She said with a grin and had a seat in the train car across from them, staring out the window as her shadow sat next to Haruka, crossing its legs. The attendant came by with the trolley and Keriku ordered a strange little trinkey of a drink, something that tasted like chocolate but that actively bubbled and sizzled and hissed and made her burp a thunderous, crazily, over the top loud drink that was unlike anything she had ever heard before. "Must be enchanted." She said with a giggle after a moment of embarrassment, having not expected the chakra-enhanced burp. She rifled through her notes, and brought up Haruka's file. "Ah yes, here we go, I have a file on you too." She said with a grin.

"What are we doing in the land of runes? I would have been checking in with you anyway, there's a few folks out in about that I'm shadowing she said with a grin. As she did, her shadow also smiled, causing milky white opaque eyeballs to form into the shape of a mouth where its lips and teeth would be, baring themselves like eldritch fangs within itself before it disappeared back into the black shadow.
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:21 pm

Haruka was watching the lady and as she saw her byakugon active she looked her curiously, her cat ears twitching. She wondered why she even needed to ask if she was a ninja but figured she had her reasons so she nodded in response. She then watched her reveal a interesting mask and would say “I’m Izumi Haruka , Jounin , nice to meet you. “ she would then hear they were heading to the same place which was interesting and stoked her curiosity. Causing her to wonder what sort of buisness she had in the land of runes.

She would then smile and say “that’s very interesting to hear I had no idea anyone else was coming I must admit I am quite curious why your coming but this train isn’t really a good place to discuss such private details.” She then watched her and the incident with the drink, she didn’t really notice a reason to be embarrassed from just a burp but decided it was better to not comment on that. When she mentioned her file she looked on bewildered and surprised. That feeling only grew when she heard the rest of what she had to say.

She would then ask in a inquisitive tone “so…… why do you have my file? Also isn’t it dangerous to show that one a train like this where it could get stolen? Also why were you instructed to shadow me?” She looked even more confused when she saw the shadow but decided that was a question for later and wasn’t as important as the previous questions.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Sia

Post by Sia » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:36 am

A gentle smile crossed Keriku's face as her shadow stared menacingly at the other occupants of the train car. "I'm not too worried about them." She said with a chuckle before adding, "But you are probably right, not exactly the place." She looked out the window for a bit. "I'm passing through the Land of Runes on my way to find someone important. Someone that has something the village needs, but I can't really say for certain whether they actually have, I'm basically chasing rumors." She admitted.

"It's adventurous work but it seems like I'm chasing a ghost most of the time." She continued. "Oh yes, I have files on quite a many people in the area." She said. "Yeah, life is dangerous, but I am immortal and will gladly take my chances." She smiled. "Would you like to see yours?" She said with a shrug and attempted to hand them a folder. "My ability to be in two places at once has me tasked with overseeing a lot of the lesser capable shinobi out in the field. Even if you do not have someone with you, there is a fair chance there's at least someone keeping an eye on you while you're out and about, even if they never interact with you."

"Can't have our genin and chuunin wandering around as easy pickings for the enemies, ya know? But, in any case, when shouldn't be too much longer before we get to the train station." She was right, it wouldn't be long at all before the train would begin to slow down, and then eventually stop, and they would be allowed off. "Are you hungry? I brought some snacks!" She said excitedly.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:23 pm

Haruka was surprised by the strange kunoichi sitting across from her. Either she didn’t fully realize the dangers and risks imposed or she was extremely confident that they wouldn’t be a problem. It was kind of scary either way but it was definitely more worrying if she didn’t realize the possible threats but figured better to give her the benefit of the doubt and assume she had something up her sleeve that could prevent such things.

Eventually though she did agree that certain topics would be best elsewhere which was a relief to hear. Because then Haruka didn’t have to worry about any sensitive information leaking out because of her. She looked on a little confused and says “you say that like your from a different village then Konoha which is verified confusing. Also who is this strange person who has something you need? What is their name?”

After the discussion shifted to the files she was visibly disappointed to hear that her village didn’t trust her enough that she needed to be watched or felt like she was less capable then others. But still she eagerly took the file and started to read through it. Carefully making sure no one else could see it. Though as she was reading she didn’t realize they were so close to the train stop.

She would then reply to a earlier comment saying “you do have a good point but even if you watch the genin and chunin how do you know some super powerful top ranked ninja won’t be after them for some reason and attack the observers?” She would then soon hear her new acquaintance mention food and said “definitely I can never pass up good food! Though we should get off the train first I think now that we’re at the station.”

She would then get out of her seat started walking to the door when she remembered something and quickly came back saying “also since you’re heading to land of runes with me mind if I look at this file a little longer?” She would then wait for a response as well as follow her if they we’re getting off the train.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Sia

Post by Sia » Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:14 pm

Keriku smiled gently. "Well if I told you who I was going to meet, it wouldn't be a very secret mission then would it? Yeah you can look at it no problem!" She chuckled and then a few moments later she stepped off the train, making her way through crowds of people and out of the train station, and into the Dragons Breath. She looked around and was fascinated with what she saw. Mountains everywhere in every direction, large vertical stones with runes etched into them endlessly. Great, massive trees, and a thriving city populace. Dragons Breath was ripe and bustling with activity it would seem. Keriku knew that the beset way to travel in Dragons Breath was by flight but what Keriku didn't know was her way around.

Fortunately, she had brought a map, several actually. Keriku's shadow floated beside her as she walked about, eyeing a food vendor stall nearby that was cooking something that just smelled absolutely delicious. She gently paid for some with a few ryo and then offered a treat to Haruka. "So, where are we going, Haruka?"
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:41 pm

Haruka would look on surprised at what her fellow konoha ninja said and would for now not press any further though was definitely curious. She wondered what kind of person they were searching for. But for now that would be a later question.
When she stepped off the train she was instantly surprised at what she saw. Whe she arrived in dragon’s breath it was really interesting to see the big mountains with runes covered on them in the distance. It was certainly a exciting sight and meant she was getting closer to her destination.

She would then begin looking around excitedly as her traveling companion brought her some food and asked her a question she would then reply “thanks!” She then happily takes the food and starts eating. One of her favorite things was eating different places food and this was no exception. She would then say “I’m planning on heading through ju to reach the land of runes since it seems more safe then passed through the developing nation of sovereignty of freedom.”
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Sia

Post by Sia » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:47 pm

For a moment Keriku stood there in contemplation. Passing through Ju? She supposed she could escort them, it would likely be safer for them if Keriku tagged along. There was no telling what sort of bad men might be around the corner at any given turn. This particular part of the world was ripe with bad news types of people. She considered her situation. Her mission wasn't particularly pressing, she could meet up with her contact at any time. She shrugged, then turned to Haruka. "I think I can escort you to the land of Runes, it shouldn't be an issue. Besides, I can't in good conscience let you make the journey alone, it is quite dangerous around these parts. You never know who might be lurking in the shadows ready to try and ruin your day."

That was that, she had decided. She would escort Haruka to the Land of Runes and do her best to protect them along the way. They would have to continue on through Dragon's breath first of course, but, that part wouldn't be too troublesome at least for now. "Well, what do you say? Would you like some company?" Keriku asked before putting her mask over her face. She gestured with her left hand and her shadow began to swoop around, eyeing the area with its own Byakugan as Keriku scanned around as well. "Once we get out of the town the journey will be a lot more dangerous. We're liable to be attacked by strange creatures, and maybe even some rogue bandits or shinobi to be quite honest with you." Keriku's shadow began to lead the way, stalking through the town and causing people to get out of its way with its mere unnerving presence. It was a spectacle to behold, after all, and to most people it was such an oddity to see that they diverted their path to avoid getting close to it entirely.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 1:36 pm

Haruka would smile and happily say “I would love to have some company, it’s always more fun then traveling alone. plus would be a lot safer when traveling through potentially dangerous territory. “ she sadly didn’t know much about ju the country they would be traveling through. Thankfully it seemed that her new traveling companion knew a lot more then she did. So she would listen in as she heard what they would be expecting.

This would cause her to say “so does that mean we shouldn’t use jutsu that make lots of noise? And try to proceed stealthily? Or would it not matter if we just fought how ever we want against any threats?”

Later on she would watch as the strange shadow kept people away as they strolled through town. She would then say “is there anything you need to buy before we start to leave? Or can we start heading straight there?”

After they finished talking about that subject if Keriku didn’t mention having a map she would then begin looking around the area for a place to buy a map of juu so she could try to figure out what was the fastest route was as long as it wasn’t the most dangerous as well. Hopefully they could find a balance between speed and safety.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Sia

Post by Sia » Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:14 pm

That settled it then, it seemed Haruka was more than happy to have Keriku escort her, which was a relief to Keriku's mechanical ears. She breathed a sigh of relief, it was good she didn't have to try and convince them not to go without or even to have to talk them out of going in the first place. As for how much noise they should make whilst they traveled, Keriku decided it could really go either way, and she stated as such. "I am confident enough in my abilities to see threats before they get to us, so we can be as noisy or as stealthy as we wish, and if we begin to get in over our heads I should see it coming long before it becomes an actual problem. I and my shadow both have Byakugan's, so it's going to be very hard for anyone to get the drop on us."

As for whether they should get some supplies, Keriku grinned. "I actually don't require any food ever." She chuckled as she said it. "However, I suppose it might do well for us to have some things for you to snack on and whatnot, maybe a tent too." She said after a moment of consideration. "Why don't we look around and get some supplies, we could stay the night here maybe or leave straight away, I am not terribly peeved either way." Keriku said lightheartedly.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:25 pm

Haruka would look on shocked that her new acquaintance didn’t need to eat. Then said “that’s pretty interesting,” she then thought to herself wondering if that meant Keriku could never get fat from junk food? She then started to wonder what it would be like to never have to eat. After talking about that topic she would continue to get all the supplies she needed having only gotten some of them at Konoha. Before she said “well let’s stay the night then and can head out in the morning,”

if Keriku was fine with that she would then begin looking for a inn before she would then for there with Keriku. Once they got there she would then ask the clerk or hostess for a room where she would then enter and promptly flop down onto the bed and proceed to start to fall asleep until morning. The next morning she wakes up eventually and checks to see if Keriku is ready if she is she would then head out and begin to travel towards juu no kuni after traveling at a casual but still relatively fast pace that wouldn’t tire out Haruka to much they soon reach the border of juu no kuni.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Return to “Other Countries”