A journey to discover runes 2

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Wed May 03, 2023 11:21 pm

After they finished crossing over the border of juu no kuni with no difficulties Haruka quickly ran onwards at a fast but easily sustainable pace. Waiting until they were a mile or so away from the border before she quickly switched to a more covert style of travel trying to move as quietly as possible while traveling through the area. She hoped to avoid as much trouble as possible while here as well as maybe hide the fact of what areas she was traveling through. Along the way she would check on her traveling companion to make sure she didn’t loose them.

Eventually after a long journey through the dangerous nation of juu no kuni. As well as after one or two battles that she tried to hide all evidence of as well as rap up as fast as possible to avoid any more attention being drawn. in addition to other trials and tribulations they finally made it to the border of the land of runes.

Once she finally arrived at the border to the land of runes she would quickly put on her winter clothing as well as any other extra clothes she would need to stay warm. She would once ready attempt to enter the snowy mountains heading into the territory of the land of runes as well as stopping all attempts at stealth, her konoha head band proudly displayed around her neck.
“jutsu being used”Show

Silent running
A-rank taijutsu Maneuver
Prerequisite stealth
The user practices there stealth extensively until they are skilled in moving silently. This jutsu lets the user move in a non rymthmic and silent manner where sounds of their running movements are drastically lowered even at full speed. Allowing them to move stealthily even if it’s in konohagakure forest environment.
Last edited by Kaitos10 on Wed May 03, 2023 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka
Kiri genin Karagata Nozomi
Minor country genin Desumonsuta
Iwagakure jinch Enkouton Hiroko

Sia
User flair: I am made to protect and destroy.

Post by Sia » Sun May 21, 2023 11:12 am

It was a pleasant and quite easy journey through juu no kuni and in no time at all they had found themselves coming upon the Land of Runes. Keriku, her shadow, and Haruka had twisted and trawled their way through the troublesome toiling task of the train ride and the foot journey through juu no kuni. Still, the trip so far had been quite well and Keriku left Haruku to herself to change into the winterish clothing.

Keriku debated for a while whether to both with changing her clothes. She didn't need to make herself warmer after all, nor did her shadow, but, it might do to dress for the terrain and blend in a little better, she supposed. So, for the first time in a long time Keriku wore white. Funnily enough, the outfit was almost entirely identical to how it had been before, save that instead of being black and red, it was note white with bits of grey to black spotting here and there in the fur patterns. It was a bit thicker too, being made of fur rather than the other fabrics, but, those small differences aside, the outfit was mostly the same. Even Keriku's mask was identical, a white fox mask with blue accents where the red used to be.

"Where specifically are we to be going?" Keriku asked Haruka finally as they tracked through the snow. Her shadow stalked ahead, many many meters ahead of the two of them, providing surveillance as they traversed the area.
A Compilation of Things to Keep in Mind on NSRPShow
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Do you have one of him looking at daddy angrily
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
validusrex#1137 — Today at 12:28 AM
25% American is still 100% FREE BABY LETS FUCKING GO
This Delightful Exchange:
Sinpoder: Where can I find a mentor?
Sinpoder: or is that Sia?
Nick: Sia is more of a palpatine than a mentor
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Your intention doesn't matter if your action creates pain
Validusrex, Size of 15 Ryo Puppet Boat:
Half a kayak, large enough to fit one person bent-over or crossed-legged.
Siatupid:
There is peace in being trash.
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
You intentionally handicapping yourself is not a reason to change the system.
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
"Everything is banned until balanced."
Kabuto:
"Tourneys bring out the worst in people."
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
saigen is like the dysfunctional family you choose to be part of
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.
Most of them have been around longer than Director and can actually read.
The Best Fucking Chuunin Exam Ever:

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Wed May 24, 2023 5:17 pm

After they changed clothing and entered the land of runes territory as they trudged around in the snow looking around she would hear Keriku ask a question and would say “I’m looking for some sort of settlement in the land of runes to talk to the people here. I heard rumors of them having special runes that they can use to stuff with the same effects as Fuinjutsu and I want to learn about them. But first I wanted to see if it was safe here and then I was considering bringing a Konoha diplomat over. Then would begin negotiating where I can hopefully learn about there runes.”

After explaining all that carefully while listening in to the area for any signs of life with her enhanced hearing. She carefully continues trudging along in the snow. Looking carefully for some people that could lead her to a settlement of some sorts. Haruka was wearing a bright red winter coat with white fluffy linings. With bright red leggings. Black gloves and some fur lined winter boots. She also wore a scarf that she could use to protect her mouth and neck along with a custom made hat that fit her ears.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Sia

Post by Sia » Sun Jun 18, 2023 9:17 pm

The noble Hyuuga from Konohagakure nodded along as Haruka spoke. Yes, the Land of Runes was known for one spectacular feat, their runes. She had suspicions that the runes used in enchanting weapons were learned through the grapevine of teachings in the Land of Runes. She doubted anyone in the official capacity of the village would ever admit it, but she did have a strong suspicion none the less. Still, the idea had merit. There was a lot that could be learned from the runecrafters in the Land of Runes, she herself might even benefit from such knowledge. After all, wouldn't it be nice if she could enchant her own body? She thought of the possibilities for a while silently, travelling with Haruka through the snow.

Haruka was bundled up now, for dealing with the cold but Keriku herself had changed mostly just to seem normal. The cold had no effect on her, as it were, and she didn't feel a thing as they dredged through the snow. "We have company," she said suddenly, and the ground burst open around the three of them, snow flurrying around every which way as three large spirits burst out of the snow. One of them lunged directly towards Haruka, its mouth gaping wide in an attempt to bite Haruka's right leg. "Watch yourself, here we go!" Keriku said and she suddenly vaulted forwards, planting a hand on the ground and sending herself flying into the side of the beast to knock it out of the way before it could properly latch onto Haruka. She landed gracefully, pivoted on her heel, then launched off again, grabbing a kunai into each of her hands and digging them into the sides of the next beast.

Keriku's shadow circled back around from its scouting position, positioning itself between Haruka and one of the beasts, but another popped out of the snow right in front of Haruka and lunged towards them with great ferocity.

A-Rank Stats x 4
Onu:
And then he tried to bang me and I asked if we could just cuddle so he knows I’m still upset about it
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Sia's the opposite, they know the system better than any of us but then ignores it to try do/allow whatever regardless 😛
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
calling people pussies, bitches or whatever and threatening to hurt people makes you very much less than a man and much like a young boy
Onu:
Onu:
It is not the mods job to build ideas for you, its our job to make them systematically acceptable. If there is a core concept to it that isn't acceptable, there is nothing any mod can say that will magically make it work.
Onu:
"Over half of the questions asked in the box can be answered by reading the rules."
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
And part of why I scooped him is cus I wanted to make him a Toukai and people told me they thought it was a bad idea :/
so now Ryoga is a constant reminder to always do what I WANT to do, not what others think I should do
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Crazy how elaborate the system is for a group of people who only finish a fight a tenth of the time after 2 months of arguing over 3 seconds of combat
Varian:
If you want to speed up the process you can just talk to one of the other staff members about it.

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Mon Jun 19, 2023 8:03 pm

Haruka would be trudging through the snow a bit annoyed at the cold. She really didn’t like it and wasn’t used to it. But she was determined to learn from those runes. As they continued to trudge she thought about what she could possibly learn by studying the runes hopefully some new Fuinjutsu techniques maybe?

Though suddenly out of no where with seemingly no warnings they were eventually attacked by strange looking wolves. Haruka had never seen such strange beasts, she hoped the were feral instead of someone sending them after the pair. She quickly switched to some hand signs to counter the wolves but because she got a late start she wasn’t able to get the jutsu off in time.

Thankfully her traveling companion Keriku knocked the attacking wolf out of the way she then happily said “thanks for the help!” Then when the second wolf came she quickly blasted it with one of her explosive jutsu as it came running towards her and jumped she stomped causing an explosion to blast it far higher into the air. She then jumped up and axe kicked the wolf in the spine back into the ground. Getting ready in case more wolves appeared, her highly sensitive cat ears listening for any signs of further sneak attacks from the wolves.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Sia

Post by Sia » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:34 am

The largest of the wolves was not felled so easily, and Keriku's shadow circled around back to join up with Haruka and Keriku. "Okay, let's take this down and move on, we still have a lot of ground to cover." Said Keriku briskly, and then her and her shadow both took a stance, staring at the tenketsu points of the creature before they began their synchronized assault.

They were interrupted however by the great beast suddenly billowing out a plume of cold flames, blue fire that pierced through the air vibrantly and lashed out towards them. "Watch out!" Keriku said just before the flame erupted from the beast, her eyes watching the flow of chakra. Keriku and her shadow quickly repositioned out of the way of the cold fire, then began their assault. Each of them began striking at the sides of the beast, beginning with its hind legs, Keriku taking its right while her shadow took its left, they then moved to the front legs, quickly and carefully disabling the beast until it decided it wasn't worth the effort and materialized itself from their place in the human realm.

"Are you okay?" Keriku asked Haruka.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:07 pm

As Haruka found out that the biggest of the wolves was still up she would watch as Keriku arrived with her shadow to take it down she would then reply saying “agreed though I wonder if this is a wild beast spirit?”

After that she would begin channeling a jutsu to boost her strength when suddenly she was interrupted and forced to stop channeling as she quickly dived out of the way. Since she was moving at top speed like usual she was pretty sure she could avoid it. She then quickly recovered and ran toward the beast and would axe kick it in the head at full strength like usual. Then would quickly back away to avoid any counter attacks from the beast.

When Keriku asked Haruka a question she would respond, “yea I’m fine thanks for asking”

If the wolf was gone she would say “so I guess we just keep going the way we were?” If Keriku agreed she would start walking with her in the direction they were going.
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Sia

Post by Sia » Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:51 pm

The noble Hyuuga from the leaf stared at the surrounding area inquisitively whilst her shadow did the same, the both of them darting their eyes around and turning their heads as their Byakugan's scanned for signs of chakra in the area. Finding none, Keriku was satisfied they were no longer in any danger. "Huh, I guess they thought we would make an easy snack and weren't expecting a real fight." Keriku said after a moment. "I believe we are safe, let's keep going."

As the two of them travelled through the snowy mountains, Keriku did make some small talk. "So, I have a few contacts here and there, there's a blacksmith I know of, a real knowledgeable lady, knows a lot about enchanting and runes and whatnot. I think that's a good place to start." Said Keriku. Her shadow darted ahead, slithering through the snow, a black void against the white blanket canopy of glimmery snowy fluff that dotted the path for quite some time. It would be hours before they would see the nearest town, possibly the next day. They may very well have to set up camp that night after all. For now, they persisted. "So, tell me a little more about yourself."
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Kaitos10

Post by Kaitos10 » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:16 pm

Haruka would wait to see what Keriku saw and when she said they were safe she would say “that is odd but I guess makes sense if they were hungry and nothing else to eat in the area. “ she then kept following her Konoha companion and would listen in as keriku spoke as well, but made sure to carefully listening to her surroundings at the same time. She didn’t want to be ambushed by something stronger next time.

After Keriku spoke Haruka would reply one at a time saying “so this blacksmith lady lives in the place where going to? It would be a nice place to start if a local could compare the runes in the land of runes to other places.” She they trudged along she would have conversation with Keriku the whole time. But when night fell and Keriku asked a vague question she wasn’t sure how to exactly answer she would say “well hmmm I’m not that good with questions like that I think it’s easier if there’s a specific question but let me think” she would then pause to look off into space before saying

I’m a konoha ninja who likes dancing and making things go boom I currently use a mix of ninjutsu and taijutsu in combat” she then thinks for a bit saying “oh and I like making friends a lot but really hate it when they die or leave me is that good?”
“my charactersShow
Konoha geninIzumi haruka

Sia

Post by Sia » Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:19 am

Keriku slowed her pace down tremendously and listened more intently as the young one began to speak to her a little more openly. She nodded along with their sentiment and finally added, "I think you are too good for the shinobi life. You're a nice person, this is a hard job for nice people like you...but, maybe you'll manage." She said to them with a wink.

They weren't too far now from the runecrafters she knew, her contact had given her pretty good directions she thought, and she could see already from her Byakugan that they were in the right place. "Not too far now deary." She said to them and her shadow went onwards to scout even further ahead.

As they drew near to the town, they could hear how lively it was. Business was booming everywhere it would seem, their were street merchants selling food and wares, trinkets, amulets, bracelets, all sorts of enchanted goodies. She wondered what would be worth really purchasing, surely anything the street vendors had for sale were just mere minor enchantments, nothing particularly crazy that would really catch the eye of shinobi.

She examined from a distance with her Byakugan and her logic proved true, minor luck enchantments, simple water walking, things that commoners might like for fishing and mining aid and that sort of thing. Not without its worth, but not quite what she was looking for. No, she would take Haruka to an expert crafter, an old grandma of sorts that had been in the family business for as long as she'd been alive. That would do splendidly.
Onu:
Kao:
Kao:
boo fucking hoo
Onu:
Valkier:
Hayate:
Siatupid:
Wright:
Onu:
Onu:
Onu:
Sia:
Kabuto:
Tydie:
Tydie:
Methtastic:
Varian:

Return to “Other Countries”