Undercover Dealings

Kabu/Dia

Kabu

Undercover Dealings

Post by Kabu » Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:56 pm

To say Eiko was nervous about her current task would be an understatement. With Hotaru being currently indisposed it had fallen to her to extract information from a spy her sister had connections with. Apparently she didn't really trust anyone else to handle the task... That in itself was all well and good, flattering even, but there was an issue. It had been made very clear to her that she was to remain in disguise for the entirety of this mission, absolutely not to reveal her identity nor her connection . She really wasn't the right person for this job but she had been entrusted with it and she was determined to carry it through. Perhaps it would even serve as a good learning experience.

To that end she had spent numerous hours in front of the mirror at home as she worked on crafting a new persona. Honestly it was a bit embarrassing to look back on... Nonetheless it had worked out in the end and now here she was, decked out in a wig with brand new clothes and she had even been entrusted with a choker that doubled as a voice changer.

In any case with all that done she had set out and now she was sitting in a tavern in a coastal town in Aroma Country as she awaited her target, legs crossed as she sipped at her drink. Having already gotten into character she was able to ignore most of the stares she was getting, at least outwardly. There was something more important at hand... Where on earth was he? She had been told that he would have been informed of the situation and would know where to meet. Surely he wouldn't dare to keep a lady waiting, especially in such a delicate situation as this.
DisguiseShow
#75B2DD
Name: Maya
Personality: Moody and flirtatious, cheerful and friendly at first but known to give the cold shoulder when slighted

Last edited by Kabu on Thu Jul 06, 2023 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Nakano Kiyomi - #8E47AD], Nakano Ayaka - #0C1C8C
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Karagata yamada - #CE1126, Makura Ayame - #7251BC
Kabu's Test Thread

Diatenshi

Undercover Dealings

Post by Diatenshi » Fri Jul 07, 2023 1:23 am

Captain Ryoshi's ship, the Owashi, glided majestically into the bustling port town, its tattered canvas sails billowing in the wind. The crew, weary from their latest adventure, prepared to enjoy a well-deserved break on solid ground. Kaisui himself, a towering figure with a thick mane of dark dreads, descended to the main deck with a flourish. "Alright lads! Head on over to Quartermaster Crabs. Ye earned yer wages. If ye sailin wit us again I expect ye back no later than midday tomorra! Now be gone ye scallywags. Capt'n gotta a hunger he need satin hahaha!"

The giant leaped off the ship landing with a thud on the docks. He started walking towards town when the harbormaster cut him off claiming he needed a name and his purpose there in port. Kaisui squatted down bringing himself eye to eye with a portly slob who appeared well fed. "Well met good sir, haha, well met indeed. Now I'm sure you know who I am, aye? So les say we forget the name and business, and this little purse o' coin be yers. Or, if you insist, I could I tell the boys on ship the 'arbormaster decided we weren't fit company to receive your warm welcome and see what they make of it eh?" Kaisui simply dropped the purse into the man's shaking hand and walked off. Clearly he knew not to come between a sea weary crew and a bed warmed by fair beauty.

As Kaisui strode into the town, his presence alone seemed to cause a small commotion. Whispers and gasps filled the air as people recognized the infamous pirate captain. Some hurriedly scurried away, whilst others couldn't help but be drawn to the allure of adventure and danger that surrounded the massive man. Making his way through the narrow streets, the giant soon found himself at the underground heart of the lively port town. The sounds of laughter, music, and clinking glasses emanated from a raucous tavern known as "The Siren's Heart." The captain's singular eye gleamed with anticipation as he pushed open the creaking door, revealing a room filled with rowdy patrons and a haze of pipe smoke.

The moment Captain Ryoshi stepped inside, the room fell momentarily silent, as if the air itself held its breath. Then, a wave of recognition and excitement washed over the patrons. The pirate captain's reputation preceded him, and his arrival in the tavern signaled an evening of grand revelry. With a confident smile, Kaisui strode toward the bar, where a grizzled bartender wiped down the counter with a rag. Kaisui would drop a coin on the bar and hold his hand out. "Bottle o' Kraken's Ink if you would good sir."

Bottle in hand Kaisui would shout out to the patrons, hoisting his drink into the air. "To the freedom 'o the sea and endless adventure!" His deep voice echoed across the room. The patrons erupted in cheers, raising their own drinks in response. Kaisui would in turn tale a swig of his rum before glancing around the room. Unbeknownst to his crew Kaisui didn't return to port to relax or for supplies. He'd initially planned to stay out at sea much longer. No he was here on business, the only thing that gave him a pause was he had a different contact than normal.

Taking another swig from his bottle to give himself more time he allowed his eyes to linger over the ladies in the room. Many of the lassies were rambunctious and flirty, like women of the night seeking to ease the men of their money. A few were even Kaisui's type but none stood out as his contact. Then he spotted her. One of the ladies dressed to draw the male gaze, but was ignoring the attention she garnered.

"Well now lassie whats a fine thing like you doing in a wretch like this? You look like yer waitin on bet'her company than this sorry lot. Unfortunately, I've a mercy to inform ye I'm likely the best you'll find in a place like this." Kaisui would say with a smile as he approached. In his mind she was either a noble born who needed wet work done or she was his new contact unfamiliar with the usual charade he and Hotaru would play.
Last edited by Diatenshi on Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Kabu

Undercover Dealings

Post by Kabu » Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:29 am

How much time passed as Eiko awaited Kaisui's arrival? Honestly she wasn't sure but soon enough the doors of the tavern opened, the girl looking up as the room fell silent and still. Now that was strange... What would cause such a rowdy bunch of drunks to go completely silent like that? She soon got her answer as a giant of a man walked in and seemed to take charge of the place in an instant. That was him... he entirely matched the description she had been given. Honestly it was a bit hard to believe he was a big time Missing Nin with how well renowned he seemed to be as a pirate. It was almost as if he had been born for the role, quite impressive really.

She continued watching him for a while, a smile crossing her face as he seemed to finally notice her. The only question was, did he realize who she was or was he approaching her for a different reason? She was well aware of how she looked, at first she had been a bit embarrassed over it even. That had been as 'Eiko' however whereas 'Maya' meanwhile quite enjoyed dressing a bit more... provocatively as it were. With that said she didn't quite appreciate being looked at like a common whore but oh well...

In any case none of that really mattered a whole lot as she had successfully caught the attention of the man she had been waiting for. "Well, I suppose you could say I have been waiting for someone. One might say I've been waiting for a dashing pirate captain even and you seem to fit that bill splendidly." she responded to him, giggling as she stood from her seat. It was as she stood that she realized just how much taller he was than even herself, a frown seeming to quickly flash across her face at the realization. It wasn't often that she even met any men who could tower over her like this...

That frown just as quickly however returned to being a smile as she offered a hand in greeting. "It's an absolute pleasure. I am Maya and I have a feeling that you and I are going to get very well acquainted.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Diatenshi

Undercover Dealings

Post by Diatenshi » Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:25 am

Seeing the young lady receive the captain's attention there were significantly less eyes on the lass. Or rather male gazes at least. A few of the women huffed and glared daggers at her as they turned their attention to lesser men. Kaisui's own eye drunk in the sight of her like a man finding an oasis in a desert. However unlike the lecherous gazes of the men staring earlier, Kaisui's gaze was more like that of a connoisseur appreciating a fine painting.

As enraptured by her appearance as he was, the giant didn't miss that brief flash of a frown that had crossed her face. He wondered if she was put off by his size. She certainly wouldn't be the first. Many a fight had been avoided by him simply standing up from his chair and towering over the poor drunken sot who thought he'd be an easy mark cause of his manners.

Rather than be put off he simply chuckled and took her soft pale hand gently in his dark, rough, sea-weathered palm. As if meeting a noble lady he bent down to give it a chaste kiss. "The pleasure is all mine lass. Tis a wonderful feelin' indeed, meetin a young lady that knows her worth and doesn't throw herself at any scab that simply has coin.

Kaisui had likely earned himself a few slaps with that last bit as this wasn't his first time visiting this port. However, he was disinclined to care. This was a dance he'd played many times before with Haruka; though he was hoping for a better ending to his night than the ones he'd spent with that shrew. He moved to sit and offered Maya a seat on his thigh before holding up 2 fingers towards the bartender.

"I'm sorry to say but, I have my doubts this place has anything deserving of your palate my dear. But perhaps a bit o' Kraken's Ink will suit yer fancy? Salty as a sailor she is but it's at least of higher quality than the grog or ale those yellow bellies be drinkin'"

A scantily clad barmaid brought over the two glasses the captain had requested. And he poured them each a small drink of the jet black liquor. He'd slide a drink over to her before raising up his own. "Ta new friends and opportunities!" He'd toast again earning yet another round of cheers from the drunken patrons around.
Last edited by Diatenshi on Sat Jul 15, 2023 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

Kabu

Undercover Dealings

Post by Kabu » Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:46 am

Maya's lips turned up into an almost smug smile as she looked over towards the women glaring at her. As a woman she couldn't help but take some pleasure in their jealousy. It honestly helped to motivate her as she got up and took a seat on Kaisui's lap, tilting her head back to get a good look at Kaisui's face from this angle. She had to admit though... even as much as she enjoyed the attention and even took some pride in it... This was still incredibly embarrassing. She had gotten some experience through her failed attempts at dating but she still wasn't sure how some women could go around flirting like this and not feel any shame.

In any case she couldn't afford to let herself get distracted and slip up. She had a mission to do and she was going to get it done by any means necessary.

Taking a brief moment to mentally slip back into character she reached for her drink, raising her glass as Kaisui did. "To new friends indeed." She echoed the sentiment, studying the drink in the glass as she spoke. After a moment she raised the glass to her lips, taking a small sip. "My... that does have a strong *cough* taste." she remarked, unable to help but cough as the salty taste briefly threatened to overwhelm her. It lasted only for a moment though.

"Dear me, you certainly weren't fibbing. Once you adjust though, it is quite nice. You have quite the fine taste my dear Captain." she remarked after some minutes had passed and she had taken a few more sips, giggling as she spoke. She had one arm wrapped around Kaisui's waist and was sitting sideways on his lap, her own legs draped over her own. There was even a slightly red tinge to her cheeks. She wasn't about to say a thing about it but she had always been something of a lightweight. In the heat of the moment it had slipped her mind but oh well... It helped to loosen her up and perhaps there was even some way she could play her current state to her advantage.
Last edited by Kabu on Sun Jul 16, 2023 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
NPCsShow
Shinsen Kyoko - #99840A
Kyomu Nozomi - #5960A8
Ibakuro Rin - #9E4FA5
Nakiya Hotaru - #9E540A
Fukusha Nezumi - #E00747
Kabu's Test Thread

Diatenshi

Undercover Dealings

Post by Diatenshi » Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:37 am

The pirate captain gave a small chuckle to the young lady's enthusiasm. Though she coughed on her first sip she seemed to handle the following ones notably better. It may have been a tad strong for a rum, but it wasn't to bad compared to other spirits. As he finished the glass, he realized he'd been amiss. Umiko would certainly give him an earful if she'd caught him acting in such poor taste. Here he was with a beautiful lass sitting on his lap, one that could stir men to violence, and he hadn't even taken the time to properly introduce himself.

"Pardon my manners miss, spent too long 'mongst naught but salty sea dogs as of late. Name's Ryōshi but if the missus would prefer, she can call me Patch."

With the formalities of introductions out of the way, he poured himself another glass, refraining from acting like drunken slob and drinking straight from the bottle. Sure he was a drunk, but there was no meaning in being a slob. Only fools who didn't know their limits or couldn't hold their liquor would make fools out of themselves in public. Taking a sip of his drink, the giant would look down at the lass on his lap, holding the beauty loosely his massive hand resting on her hip.

"So, waitin for yer jolly sailor bold eh? A dangerous game that is lass, waitin on a sailor. We go where the wind takes us and we ne'er know when we becomin home."

He'd pause and give her a subtle wink out of habit. Since he'd lost his eye few could actually tell when he was winking at them or simply blinking. Eventually he'd either have to fix the habit or replace the eye. Would be hard to say which would be an easier task. The redness spreading to her cheeks as she drank hadn't missed his eye. Instead, he slowed his own drinking pace in hope she'd match him. His natural confidence aside, he tried to put her at ease with casual conversation.

"Then again with a lass like you waitin on 'im, only a fool or a madman would do ta keep you waitin'."
Last edited by Diatenshi on Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin