Shokugeki! Meeting a Master Chef!

Kaisui, Kuma, and Chiaki closed thread

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:02 pm

As the canvas sails of the Owashi billowed against the salty sea breeze, Scourge of the Seas, pirate captain Ryōshi stood at the helm, his weathered face adorned with a mischievous grin. The ship glided through the choppy waters, its wooden hull creaking in harmony with the rolling waves. The moon was high in the sky and it was well after 8pm. The deck was lit by mostly by the light of the moon, the stars contrasting beautifully against the night sky. On deck was only a few crew hands, most having already retired for the night. Kaisui had his rum in hand and was sharing a drink with his new recruit. Their new arrival had been mostly well received by the crew, the young man known as Kuma's cooking far better than that of their quartermaster Mr. Krabs. Hard to trust the food made by a crustacean. Not that any had heart to tell the man.

"So 'ow ya takin to the sailin life Kuma? Fair bit different from the quiet life on land. Much more freedom ta be had too."

The pirates had sailed far and wide, seeking treasures, adventures, and the thrill of the unknown. After weeks of pillaging merchant vessels and harrowing slaver ships, the giant's crew yearned for the comforting embrace of a bustling port and a handful longed for the warm embrace of a lady. Their prayers were answered as they spotted a lighthouse off in the distance, its beam of light piercing through the night guiding them towards a hidden haven. It was quite some distance away yet and so Kaisui had Crablord take the helm as he went to sleep for the night. "I'm heading to bed lad, keep your wits bout you and I'll see ya in the mornin when we go ashore. We gotta restock on them seasnins you been makin ar food with. I don't much know what ye be needin so yer comin with me."

The next day, Kaisui vaguely recognized the port as it emerged from the morning mist, a vibrant tapestry of colors and sounds. He seemed to recall a lustful night at one of its brothels, back when Yoru and Ichiro were still sailin with him. The clamor of merchants hawking their wares mingled with the laughter of sailors, creating a symphony that echoed through the cobbled streets. The scent of exotic spices wafted through the air, teasing their senses. The pirate captain stepped onto the dock, his boots thudding against the weathered wood. He adjusted the tricorne hat atop his head, its feather accentuated by a glimmering ruby stolen from a noble's necklace. With a swashbuckler's swagger, he surveyed the lively port, his singular eye scanning for opportunities and potential rivals.

"Eyes open lad. Wouldn't want ye ta lose yer purse. Keep it in your pants, towards the front by yer goods. We call it a thief's catch, cause none would dare trying to mess so near a mans jewels."
Last edited by Diatenshi on Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

PopeOfPuns

Post by PopeOfPuns » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:03 pm

Shindo sips at his Mīdo, Mulling over the captain's question. Alot has transpired in these 4 months. The thing's he's seen, the things he's done. The seas of experience are vast indeed, though I do miss my island of ignorance
He waits abit after the captain goes to bed, putting asside his alcohol in favor of a fresh pot of jasmine tea. he gets about halfway through it, then passes the rest to The Crabman, Thanking him for taking care of the helm, He splays out on the bowspirit staring at the stars til sleep takes hold.

Shindo woke up early the next morning as always, but decided that since they were making port, breakfast was to be light fare, not much more than Jasmine tea and bread. He stretches, fluffing his hair out, giving it a light dusting of cocopowder for good measure. Yawning, he follows the seadog his lazy half smile showing his mind is already elsewhere We gotta worry about thieves? Glad I left my share aboard then, sides king fisher, I doubt there's anyone dumb enough to try robbing you. He takes a deep breath and his smile turns to an outright nervous grin, noting the scents of new ingredients wafting through the air. He steps lightly onto the dock, then hesitates adjusting his glasses. He's still not used to this many people in one place, and has more a reason than ever to be uneasy.you'll be my leash, right captain? He takes a deep breath, and exhales slowly, doing his best to block out all the noise.I Pray that there's a quiet tea shop closeby....
Last edited by PopeOfPuns on Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

Post by Kanade » Sat Jul 15, 2023 5:28 pm

Chiaki had, of all the places in the world, landed at another port town. She had thought of traveling around before she went to Kirigakure no Sato with Shinjiro, and she so far had not regretted it. The smells and the sounds of a port town were actually quite jarring to a kunoichi that was used to the serenity and the pips and squeaks of the woodland wildlife. She had grown up in the mountains of Kumogakure no Sato and had traveled to Iwagakure, and now this. This was something different and new. The spray of the sea salt covered the entire town in a blanket of what seemed to be salty wet.

She had left most of her coin back at home, and was traveling in her shinto robes, carrying her staff, the iron rings clanking against the staff’s pole as she walked along. Her butterflies hovered, skittered, and floated around her creating a surreal air that she was important, when all she was was road-worn, tired, and if she had an actual stomach she would have been hungry. She wanted to experience ‘real sea food’ like Shinjiro had grumbled into his soup when she had been preparing it.

She busied herself, going from shop to shop, trying to find someone who would sell her a fish that was a ‘decent’ price. She turned and saw two people that looked rather out of the ordinary. A giant, almost eight foot man that looked rather like one of the pirates out of one of her story-books at home, and alongside him, comically short by comparison, was a nondescript man with glasses.

Well, those two made a cute couple. She watched as a gaggle of girls, ladies of the evening passed her. One almost instantly recognizing him turned a bright red, almost purple shade in her rage. Oh, so he was a womanizer then too? Chiaki, being in an off mood, and thinking that these girls were about to run into a large enough man to actually be in trouble trailed them at a safe distance to wait for things to unfold. She only caught snippets of “one in every port” and “he said that he would, but he didn’t, just left me with a cold pillow in the morning to clean up the mess.”

Was he truly that bad? Maybe she should step in and intervene?
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Sun Jul 16, 2023 10:54 am

Kaisui would keep his eyes open as they walked towards the markets. He couldn't put his finger on it but he was getting the strangest sense of deja vu. He felt like he'd been at this port before though the name was escaping him. "You'd be surprised. My name is only known by sailors and merchants mostly. Not everyone in a port town knows who I am. And relax kiddo You'll be on yer leash like a good boy hahaha"

"I certainly know who you are! Hmph! As the angry voice sounded out interrupting Kaisui's conversation with Shindo. On the bright side, Kaisui finally remembered the port. He'd spent a wonderful night in a brothel before getting chased out of town by bounty hunters. A shame really, cause from what he could remember, the lady he'd stayed with was incredibly skilled and had promised him a special wake up service. Kaisui would squat down opening his arms for the short little brunette a large grin on his face. "Ami my little treasure! Its been too long my dea-" before he could finish the statement a solid whack spun his head back his eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"You know, I'm not entirely sure I deserved that." He spoke whilst holding his cheek still in a stunned confusion. The slap hadn't hurt but it had certainly taken him by surprise. As he turned back he heard Ami huff and storm away whilst another lady marched up and delivered a slap of her own. "You stole my Yoru from me! How dare you corrupt my handsome lover!"

"I take it back; the first one I deserved, this one however I didn't." Kaisui would growl with frustration as he'd gotten a slap over Yoru. Why was it the pretty boy who slipped out on her was innocent, whilst he was the one that corrupted him. Had Yoru been here he'd be laughing at him he was sure.

"Alright then ladies. I haven't all day. Any other lovely ladies that feel I've wronged them? Come on up, take your slap and get out of the way. My cook here needs to buy spices so he can make our lunch and yer blocking the way." Kaisui was a man that wore his heart on his sleeve whatever emotion he was feeling youd be able to tell. Right now it was agitation mixed with hunger, and probably a bit of lust as seeing Ami again had given him some thoughts. Perhaps he could visit her later and smooth things over.

"Word of advice lad. The ladies of the night, whilst great for taking care o yer needs, dont go fallin in love with em and always make sure of what it is yer buyin. Just cause they're pretty and good with their mouth doesn't mean they have internal plumbing, savy?"
Last edited by Diatenshi on Sun Jul 16, 2023 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

PopeOfPuns

Post by PopeOfPuns » Sun Jul 16, 2023 9:33 pm

Friends of yours? With short skirts, exquisite makeup, and more skin than he'd ever seen in his life his face turns brighter than a steamy crabman. Taking a casual ready stance, he wasn't sure why these women were dressed this way if they were bounty hunters or why there are butterflies at the port. Was this some sort of tactic to distract a man in combat? Regardless of what it was, it made his glasses fog up and his grip loose.

I never knew you had a belov- he stands slack jawed as the giant takes the back hand with barely a complaint, followed up soon after with a second women and a second slap. He took a breath to ask what was goin on and found himself once again unable to speak as their heady smells and perfumes made him sneeze. Sir my nose is comprised I can't... He sneezes again not noticing the glares from the group who saunter away in a huff. "Don't listen to him Ami you smell wonderful! that child doesn't know what he's missing".

His eyes dilate as he watches them leave, his nose still full of their aroma and he starts to feel hungry in more ways then one. When he starts picking up the smells of the stalls again, he leans towards them slightly. His brain scrambling as there was far too much stimulation here for the small town swordsman. He visibly flinches surprised by the sudden boom of his captain, now standing with a clear stance.

Wha? I..... needs? Mouth?.. Night? Shindo is utterly flummoxed and embarrassed. He comes from a sheltered upbringing, while his family runs the local inn and tavern, he doesn't understand the scene that just unfolded before him. Captain Kaisui, The Scourge of Slavers, Patron of Freedom got slapped in the face not once, but twice. Moreover he's asking for more? By women who looked far better than any of his fellows or commanding officers he had ever seen.Sir?.... I must admit I haven't the slightest notion of what that particular wisdom applies to. Frankly Sir I'm less sure of what just occurred or why.

His mind still awash with questions that he's not even sure he wants the answers to, he shakes his head. Trying to force himself to relax he takes a long breath removing his hand from the hilt, realizing he readied himself out of reflex. He takes another breath, clearing the last of the perfume from his nose and his eyes widen as a certain familiar smell caresses his senses. It beckons, pushing everything away, even the butterflies but for a singular thought.

Fresh honey He begins to sway, leaning forward, his slight smile turning to a curled grin, taking a small step forward to catch himself. It is honey, but there's something else too, sharp, earthy, and almost herbal. Shindo begins to drool slightly. Fresh honey, it had been a month since he had anything other than the Mīdo he brought from home and he never realized how much honey he had regularly consumed, as the jars they had bought before disembarking were empty by day 2. He begins stepping with clear intent to follow his nose going so far as to attempt shouldering past Kaisui.
Last edited by PopeOfPuns on Mon Jul 17, 2023 12:06 am, edited 7 times in total.

Kanade
User flair: Of a thousand jutsu

Post by Kanade » Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:40 pm

Chiaki didn't know quite what to do, all of these women had all smacked the large pirate and he didn't even flinch. Was he even a normal pirate? She hadn't ever heard of a shinobi pirate, so she might as well just haul off and slap him as well. When in Kumo, as her mother used to say, Do as the Kumoites do.

She walked up, cooly, and decided that a free invitation to slap someone was just the spark she needed to get into the mood for buying her supplies for her cooking. She wound up, and put her hips into a full-on slap for the ages. If her hand weren't made out of silicone and megallium, it might have stung a little for her, but as it was, it probably was like getting slapped by a hard-plastic paddle across the face.

"Cathartic." She remarked, looking up at the tall man, "You're way too tall to be offering free slaps to anyone that will take them." She looked at his companion, a good two feet shorter than the captain and shorter than her to boot when all the ruckus was interrupted by a salesman that was selling honey. "Honey, honey would be good for the tea that I have been trying to perfect, and for those honey-cakes." She muttered aloud, rather loudly, so she could hear herself over the din of the street noise. She had all but forgotten the man that had offered her a free slap. "Glasses boy has the right idea." Her butterflies hovered around her, flitting to and fro in a frenzy. They hadn't the slightest what had happened, but were on the defensive all the same. Chiaki wasn't usually one to give into her temptations like this, but the journey had been a long and uneventful one, and what better way to make acquaintances than by taking someone up on the offer of a free slap.
jutsuShow
slap-no-jutsu.
full strength.
User hauls off and slaps the other person with 20 strength.
Last edited by Kanade on Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~~My characters~~
Iwagakure Jounin: Kanade Enkouten
Thread Tracker for Kanade (previously Chiaki): viewtopic.php?f=105&t=8345273&p=4197389#p4197389
Kirigakure Genin: Achiyo
Heart Samurai: Kyudo-ite, Kasuri
Sunagakure Genin: Kouseki, Kagayaki
Sunagakure Jounin: Naegi, Aihachi

Diatenshi

Post by Diatenshi » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:09 am

Kaisui wouldn't dodge the on coming slap as he had in fact offered his face up for it. The impact was solid and left a loud cracking sound as her hand met flesh. While it certainly left a sting, she hadn't broken anything or knocked out any teeth. Simply rolling his jaw, he did note that she'd used far more strength than a simple harlot. Then he noticed the butterflies and her strange attire. Whilst he was now certain she was no lady of the evening, he wasn't sure exactly what she was. Perhaps a samurai like his young friend or even a shinobi. She clearly hadn't recognized him however, which made the chances of her being a bounty hunter drop remarkably. Not that the situation couldn't change.

"You raise a valid point with a solid crack, though I must say I prefer to have done something to earn my slaps first thank you. Regardless at least I could be of assistance Ms..." He paused to allow her to introduce herself. He then reached out and caught Kuma by the head, holding him in place till he returned to his senses from the honey hypnosis. As the lady mentioned tea, he'd shake his head and wonder what it was people like about boiled leaf water. He failed to see the appeal, but perhaps that was because the only thing he drank aside from water was alcohol.

"Glasses 'ere is my ship's cook Shindo. I'm Capt'n Ryōshi, but you my dear may call me Patch." He'd let go of Kuma's head and gave him a "gentle" slap on the back that would launch the young man forward towards the stall. "Relax kid we're gonna restock your honey supplies as well. How else would I get you to make more mīdo, eh?"

The giant laughed followed them both over to the stall. The stall keeper would smile invitingly as they approached, though the man's appearance was less than appealing. He was wearing loose robes that seemed covered in filth and his long unkempt hair was matted. Kaisui wondered if the man had ever heard of a bath. Appraising what was available he'd frown a bit, uncertain their supply of honey would be enough to meet their needs. Looks like long voyages away from shore were out until such a time he could properly stock up. Wouldn't do to have a frenzied bear attacking his crew at sea. While he could replace the crew he didn't want to have to dock his ship for repairs.
Last edited by Diatenshi on Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tools of WarShow

Will of Fire-
Senju Masaru

Genin
[color=orange]

Light of Hope-
Awai Akihiro

Genin
[color=red]

Viral Menace-
Toukai Chisaki

Chuunin
[color=#ff0080]

Yin Yang Divided
Naegi Waruhito

Genin
[color=#8b14f9]

King of Pirates-
Ryoshi Kaisui

B-Rank MN
[color=#7fffd4]

PopeOfPuns

Post by PopeOfPuns » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:14 am

The young cook takes a few more steps before realizing he's staring at the sky. Panic sets in a moment before he feels a familiar weight on his head. It's ok, I'm still m- his sigh of relief turns into a sharp curse of surprise, almost losing his footing as the wind is knocked out of him. He catches himself by quickly slamming a hand on a fishmonger's counter cracking a very quiet smile to the proprietor apologies kind sir... He turns towards the laughing gull of a captain his smile blossoming into a wide curled grin that betrays the malice in his words. Kani san was just telling me how excited he is to show you what he's learned about spices. He smooths his robes out before before taking a deep breath, visibly calmer than when he got off the ship. As they walk towards the stall he pauses to give a slight bow in greeting, A pleasure to make your acquaintance Ma'am tis not often I meet a fellow culinary artist especially not one so graceful
Last edited by PopeOfPuns on Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:10 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Return to “Other Countries”